Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warnings:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2020-05-04
Updated:
2020-08-31
Words:
57,048
Chapters:
19/?
Comments:
108
Kudos:
59
Bookmarks:
17
Hits:
2,096

The Gorgon and the Dog Demon

Chapter 19

Notes:

A/N I do not own Inuyasha or any of the characters I used. But I do own the idea. And I love it. SO if you love it too, feel free to comment.

Chapter Text

Chapter 19

Inuyasha stood up to go get himself cooled off. He was hoping a few seconds away from her arousing scent would clear his head, but it didn’t seem to be helping. He ran his claws through his hair and fixed his ponytail. He exited the bathroom and her scent had gotten even stronger. As he reentered the room, her eyes were closed and her lip was in between her teeth. He saw her clenching her thighs tight and her scent was singing to him. It almost felt like an out-of-body experience. He could see everything from his own eyes, but he could not control any of his actions.

Then he sat down next to her and leaned in. As he heard the deep rumble of his own voice, he realized his demon had taken over.

“I don’t know what you’re thinking about, but you smell like fucking heaven. Maybe if you tell me what it is, I can help you see if it’s as good as your imagination.”

Fuck!!! He was gonna kill the bastard! Even with the tessaiga in his fucking pocket, he still lost control! He was a fucking mess! The gasp and increase in her arousal was enough to have his dick hardening. He had to stop this, NOW!

Her head leaned away from him, revealing her soft pale neck, and his demon half was soft and gentle as he nibbled carefully. Leaving no signs of injury or even any marks. Her sighs and gasps of his name almost did him in. Did she not realize he wasn’t really in control? Would his demon push her beyond her limits? Would he make her do more than she was willing? Fuck, he had to stop this. He tried not to focus on the beauty beneath him and ignore her sweet taste. Wait beneath him? Fuck, she had laid down, and his demon graciously followed.

Her hands landed on his cheeks and she pulled him up to look in her eyes. Her voice was sweet and soft, “Inuyasha, come back. Come back to me.”

His demon faltered. He felt the beast falter, and he seized control.

“Fuck, Kagome, are you okay?”

She smiled softly, then pressed her lips to his. She tasted like angels oughta taste, and he was in heaven. Her lips were perfect. So hot and sweet. Now that he was back in the driver’s seat, so to speak, he could at least make sure he didn’t do anything terrible.

“I’m glad you’re back. I mean, I like kissing all of you, but I prefer if we do anything else that for the first time it’s with the real you. Not that I mind hanging out and having fun with him. But if we do anything serious, I want the first time to be with you.”

He felt all the air go out of his lungs, was he dying? Did she really just say that to him? She barely knew him, but she wanted to do things with him? She didn’t trust him 24 hours ago, but now she was thinking about a future with him? He must’ve been a hero in a past life, because that was the only way he deserved this angel in this one.

His lips crashed back onto hers, and she moaned deeply in response. His arms wrapped around her middle and his elbows were holding up most of his weight so he didn't crush her. Her tongue ventured out and slid along his lip and he almost growled in response. The sound he did release opened his mouth and her tongue slid in gently and rubbed along one of his fangs. He was so deep in love, there was no coming out of this hole. His one hand slid up and gently palmed her breast, and he greedily swallowed the moan she let escape. Then, just as his hand was about to slink under her shirt a siren went off in the compound. Loud and screaming it’s displeasure. He yanked himself away and stood over her in a protective stance. FUCK! What the hell was going on?

She closed her eyes and focused as much as she could to see what was going on, looking for sources of power and hoping it was not her father. She would always assume it was him first. Then after finding nothing insinuating that a God was here to hurt or kill her she visibly relaxed even with the high shriek coming from the alarm siren. Inuyasha grabbed his phone and there was a text from Sesshomaru saying that there was an intruder on the grounds and to keep her out of sight.

~~~~~~~~

Someone was on his property, and he was angry. His brother and his brother’s mate were finally getting along, and now there was an intruder on his estate. His guards set off the silent alarm first, and normally that would be enough, but he wanted his brother alerted as well. No telling what the two were doing, and he couldn’t help but be irritated at the interruption to the talk they so badly needed. He alerted all of his guards and soon they were scrambling the estate. The intruder had been seen entering the estate but was now nowhere to be found. He contacted his sorceress and had her search the grounds for anyone not permitted. She said there was no human or demon not permitted but there was a magical source of power somewhere. She could sense it but not find it’s source.

He ordered his special guard sto keep Rin safe, and decided he would go find the intruder himself. After stalking through the property he could feel something off, but following it led him in circles. He finally felt like he was catching up, when he saw the same woman from the photos outside his gate. She was standing there as if hoping for an invitation inside. She was the one who brought whatever it was inside his home. He approached her cautiously, and once he was within the distance where she could easily hear him he stopped.

“What brings you to the home of the Lord of the West?”

She bowed slightly, “My Lord, I come bearing a message from Lord Naraku. He requests you to release the Monster Medusa. She possesses something that rightfully belongs to him.”

The smug smile on her lips grated on his nerves. But he knew that she had revealed a great deal more than they would have realized. Now they knew who was after her, and that the ones after her were complete idiots.

“There is no one here by the name of Medusa. This one has heard tales of the Gorgon Medusa, and she was killed by a Greek hero over two millennia ago. So, if she had something that belonged to him, he is looking for it in the wrong place. But if this one recalls correctly, Naraku was not born yet. Even his human origin was not born yet. So how could a being that has been dead for over 2000 years, have something that was his? This one will ponder your request. Now, unless you wish to declare war on the Lord of the West, which this Sesshomaru will assume you truly do not, you need to take whoever else you have brought with you to this one’s home and leave. This Sesshomaru knows there is someone else here and you are merely a distraction.”

Her smug smile turned into a scowl, and her confusion was written all over her face. She stepped back away from the gate and let out a small growl. She was nowhere near far enough to not be heard by him, even if she thought she was.

“Naraku, that bastard. He was using me as a distraction. Of course, he was.”

Sesshomaru waited until he saw her pull a feather from her hair and soar away. So, she was unaware that Naraku was using her. It made a great deal of sense. He knew Naraku, unfortunately. And he was not a man of honor. He would take advantage of anyone he could to gain what he sought. And if Kagome had something he wanted, then they had a fight on their hands. But now they knew who their enemy was, and the battle could truly begin. He called his guards and told them there was still someone in the compound and to find it. Then he went to Inuyasha and his mate. She needed to know the news.

As he arrived, he felt something. A certain power he had never felt before. And it was more than he was prepared for. He recognized it to an extent, but it was different in its own way. He entered and Kagome was nowhere to be seen. Inuyasha was on his back, unconscious and bleeding. He stormed through the small house to the garden in the back, and his brother’s mate was battling a man. A man with a very large sword. How had he bypassed his guards?

He stepped up and prepared to step in, when a blast of water surrounded the man and froze him to the spot, literally. He struggled for a moment, then when it seemed he might be able to break out the water went from freezing to an instant boil. Sesshomaru stayed back for a moment, enthralled by the power this creature possessed. The water boiling on the man’s flesh was enough to make him scream. The sword fell out of his hand as his flesh turned from an olive color to a deep purple. His flesh was being boiled away and destroying his nerve endings. Her voice brought him out of his fascination.

“Do you want him alive for questioning, or am I permitted to kill him?”

Sesshomaru snapped his gaze to her. She wasn’t even breaking a sweat, and her face had not faltered at the idea of murdering someone. She would be a worthy opponent, so long as she had water at hand.

“This Sesshomaru thinks he may know more, but it is also possible that he has been bugged in some way so that he will be watched if he does talk. It is up to you, if you wish him to die.”

“Is Inuyasha alright?”

Ah, so this is how he achieved her ire, “He was still breathing when I walked in, and although he was bleeding on my new carpet, it was slowing. He heals very quickly. This human male would be unable to kill him so easily.”

The water that was boiling his flesh away, froze and the man was trapped without the will to fight again. She seemed unsure if he would try to escape as she sent thick shards of ice through his knees to incapacitate him, and used water to sweep his weapon from him.

“Ask him whatever you want, I’m going to check on Inuyasha.”

She ran inside and he was left standing there in awe of her. She was not one he would want to battle. He was very grateful they were on the same side in this battle. He glanced at the human and saw hunks of his flesh missing to the point where bone was showing. His kneecaps were destroyed and he doubted any amount of surgery would save them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The bastard came bursting into the room and Inuyasha jumped up to protect her. Unfortunately, the man was expecting him. He fought him in hand to hand combat, and with her snakes’ eyes it was almost too much to follow. Then the man threw some sort of pellet on the ground and it exploded in a powdery substance causing a smoke to billow around the room, it hurt her nose, she could only imagine the damage it would do to Inuyasha. She tried to get to him in the smoke, but he was growling at her to stay put. A part of her wished she could control wind instead of water, at least that way she could clear away the smoke, but that was not the ability she had been born with. She slunk to the back side of the couch trying to get out of the smoke, just in time to see Inuyasha fly out of the smoke and land on the ground hard. His stomach was gushing blood, and his face although unconscious still seemed twisted in pain.

She ran towards him, but was grabbed by the man. He had a mask covering his face to protect himself from the smoke, and she yanked it off his face and shoved him back into it. She didn’t wait for him to emerge. She needed to get to a source of power. She needed to get to the high ground so to speak. She ran to the garden with the little pond she had been playing with and waited for him to come to her. She was the one that he wanted. She would stop him. Then, she would get Inuyasha help.

He strolled out more casually than she would expect of a man who was able to hurt Inuyasha. But she figured he was not expecting an actual fight with her. She would have to prove him wrong, and show him where he made his biggest mistakes.

First she pulled the water to her, she had several orbs of it waiting next to her. She would start small. Let him feel cocky. Not many knew her true capability. But she would make sure he would not be able to tell anyone else either. She lobbed them at him so he was wet in places, and although he seemed irritated at the predicament, she could see him feeling confident in his ability. Little did he know that she was a demigod.

After he was sufficiently soaked she used all the water covering him to turn into tiny ice shards that penetrated deeply. She felt the shards dig in like knives and several were able to go deep enough to puncture his less protected organs. She didn’t want to kill him right off the bat, she needed him to talk. His screams caught her more off guard than it should have. She almost lost her concentration. But no, this man hurt Inuyasha. She had to stop him. Then he struck forward and swung his giant sword at her. She dodged the first strike, the second she had nowhere to go so she pulled the water forth and made a shield of ice in front of her. He swung fast and hard, and embedded the sword into the ice. He tried to yank it free, but she covered it with more and more water, freezing it thickly as it grew.

He released the weapon and stalked towards her ready to fight with his bare hands. She knew he would win like that, so what reason did she have to fight in a match like that? She melted the water around his sword and he back pedaled for a second thinking she had lost control on it, and not realizing it was all on purpose. She saw Sesshomaru enter the house and glance at his brother. He didn’t seem worried which at least gave her a little comfort. She needed to end this now.

All of the water that had been surrounding his sword swirled around him instead and she froze it instantly. He could not move, could barely breathe, and she knew she could kill him now without issue. He struggled, he was extremely strong, especially considering she was rather sure he was a human. In a few places she thought she saw the ice cracking. Fine, he didn’t like the cold? Then she would heat him up instead. All of the water instantly went from frozen to boiling. His flesh turned red, then purple. Everywhere that her shards had previously punctured she sent in rivulets of boiling water, burning up on the inside. His howls in pain were deafening, but she didn’t care. He needed to be stopped.

She glanced at Sesshomaru and he was staring at the man. She was on his property, she really shouldn’t murder him on his property. “Do you want him alive for questioning, or am I permitted to kill him?”

He looked towards her and she couldn’t read his emotions. His words were more calm than she expected, “This Sesshomaru thinks he may know more, but it is also possible that he has been bugged in some way so that he will be watched if he does talk. It is up to you, if you wish him to die.”

Her words came out in a rush, “Is Inuyasha alright?”

He was calm, too calm. “He was still breathing when I walked in, and although he was bleeding on my new carpet, it was slowing. He heals very quickly. This human male would be unable to kill him so easily.”

She stopped the boiling as the man was clearly unable to fight anymore. But he could run. That would not be permitted. She froze two very large ice shards and impaled both of his knee caps. He would not be going anywhere now. That she was sure of. She used more water to pull his weapon out of his reach. Couldn’t let him try to kill himself, just in case. Then she began to go back inside.

“Ask him whatever you want, I’m going to check on Inuyasha.”

She rushed to his side and was relieved to find his bleeding had stopped and his breathing was steady and healthy. Sesshomaru was right, he did heal fast. Her head dropped to his shoulder as she let out a long exhale. She thought she had lost him. The thought of it almost killed her. What in the hell was wrong with her? She had lost everyone before, and this man she barely knew was enough to affect her this much. She was about to murder someone because he hurt him. What in the hell?

Inuyasha’s hand landed on the back of her head and his words sounded gruff and pained, “Are you okay?”

She sat up and tried to hide the tears in her eyes, “I’m fine. You’re the one who went through the ringer. Are you okay? Do you need a doctor?”

He chuckled and sat up, “Nah, I’ll be healed in another hour at most. Did Sesh come in and kick his ass for you?”

She glanced outside where Sesshomaru was having his guards lift the man and carry him away, and she didn’t want to lie, but she was more than embarrassed how she had almost killed a human.

“No, he came in after I had mostly taken care of him. Mostly.”