Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of Exile: The Banished Prince
Stats:
Published:
2020-05-08
Updated:
2024-02-22
Words:
128,155
Chapters:
35/?
Comments:
269
Kudos:
825
Bookmarks:
186
Hits:
37,922

Book One: Wind

Summary:

Air.

Water.

Earth.

Fire.

My grandmother used to tell me stories about the old days: a time of peace when the Avatar kept balance between the Water Tribes, Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation and Air Nomads. But that all changed when the Fire Nation attacked.

Only the Avatar mastered all four elements; only he could stop the ruthless firebenders. But when the world needed him most, he vanished. A hundred years have passed, and the Fire Nation is nearing victory in the war. Four years ago, my father and the men of my tribe journeyed to the Earth Kingdom to help fight against the Fire Nation, leaving me and my brother to look after our tribe. Some people believe that the Avatar was never reborn and that the cycle is broken, but I haven't lost hope. I still believe that, somehow, the Avatar will return to save the world.

Notes:

Chapter 1: Prologue

Notes:

If you are reading this, you're probably wondering if I am going to update this fic someday, and yes, I am, it's just that recently I've gone through a lot in my personal life. Right now I don't feel like I am in a mental place where I can express myself all that clearly and efficiently, so I'll thank you for your patience and for not giving up on this fic.

—💋💋💖

Chapter Text

 

My grandmother used to tell me stories about the old days: a time of peace when the Avatar kept balance between the Water Tribes, Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation, and Air Nomads. But that all changed when the Fire Nation attacked.

Only the Avatar mastered all four elements; only he could stop the ruthless firebenders...

And I haven't lost hope. I still believe that the Avatar will return and save the world.