Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warnings:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 2 of Berry's Long MK/DC Books , Part 2 of 'His'
Stats:
Published:
2020-05-29
Completed:
2022-04-08
Words:
82,410
Chapters:
79/79
Comments:
11
Kudos:
108
Bookmarks:
11
Hits:
2,989

Book 2: His Magic

Chapter 49: Chapter 49 Trust Build, Talking

Notes:

Written March 29 2021
Posted on Wattpad April 19 2021
Posted here July 23 2021

NEXT UPDATE is on August 6 2021

Chapter Text

Saguru's mouth opened and closed, the combination of both shock and horror that he'd suddenly been hit with was almost overwhelming. Thankfully he was able to recollect himself after watching the girl shrink in on herself "Yes, of course" Oh god... Yozora was a child! A literal child! Mature as she may be... She was just a child "I-" His mouth went dry as he found himself lost for words. Multiple different phrases passed through his mind before he blurted out a more structured response "It's your body, you will not be forced to have it" Choice was good right? For someone like her it should be a good response, right?

Yozora let out a relieved breath that she hadn't even realized that she'd been holding "Thank you" She wasn't going to die.

The blond forced his nerves to calm "No, thank you for informing me" Saguru was able to offer a sincere smile as he spoke "I know that stating something like that can be hard" He paused "Do you know how far along?" Yozora wasn't visibly pregnant at all, which was a relief. Saguru really wanted to punch the person who touched her.

Tilting her head to the side, Yozora thought "Two months at most, I hid the nausea from them"

"They probably thought it was stress or the change of diet if they did notice anything" Saguru concluded. Emotions could be nasty and were very well capable of making people feel sick or even actually make them sick. Gold eyed Yozora "Legally you shouldn't be in Japan yet, thankfully Kusama would most likely help you"

"The doctor friend?" She tucked her knees to her chest, looping her arms around them.

"Yeah, he's really kind and adores children almost as much as Kaito does" Saguru was confident that Nowaki would help if given the ability to do it in a way that wouldn't result in him losing his medical license "Though we might not have to be sneaky... I'm not sure how everything is legal wise anymore" For all he knew Yozora's paperwork could have been finished ten minutes ago.

Yozora nodded in understanding, feeling a bit nervous "I can wait a few days if I have to" From watching how Kaito and Shinichi had worked, she'd learned that some things just took time "I don't want your friend to risk getting in trouble"

Just how was Yozora so put together? It kinda awed Saguru, yet at the same time made him feel a bit sad "Very well, hopefully you'll be comfortable by the end of the week at the latest" He then thought of something "When you meet with Kusama, he'll give you options to inform you. He won't be pressuring you to change your mind" Warning her should help reduce future unease, hopefully.

The girl blinked "Options?" There were more than abortion or die?

"Yes, even when working with those underage in the same situation as yourself he prefers to have his patient as informed as possible so that there aren't any future regrets" If they were aware of their state, if not and the patient was too young, he'd listen to the parents or inform the child if the parents wanted them to be ignorant and keep it. Maybe CPS too since that screamed sketchy and traumatizing for any child.

"He sounds really nice" The thought of meeting the doctor was seeming a little less scary for her.

"He is" Saguru agreed before glancing at his watch to check the time "Are you feeling hungry yet?" It was nearing sunset, they'd talked for quite a while and lunch had been eaten on the plane. The blond was actually a bit shocked that the time had passed so fast. He resisted the urge to check for any updates.

Yozora's stomach rumbled, making the girl blush "I wasn't until now"

"Normally I'd pick up some takeout..." Gold glinted as a smile tugged at Saguru's lips "But, I have a feeling that Kaito gave in and followed Shinichi's habit of ordering food instead of actually cooking"

"Kaito can cook?"

"Indeed, he's actually a very good cook" He lowered his head dramatically and sighed "Shinichi is passable but resorts to takeout" He raised his head and offered a smile "I was in a rush so I didn't throw out or freeze the perishables. Do you have any idea of what you want to eat?" They'd hit the store if they didn't have the ingredients.

"I like cheese, so grilled cheese?" She'd never seen it on any takeout menu before so she was curious to know what it tasted like. At first they'd given her options to pick from, then later on she'd been able to choose whatever. Apparently they hadn't wanted to overwhelm her system with too many rich foods at once.

Saguru blinked at the simple food "Okay, I'll make some soup to go with it" He paused "Are you okay with meat?"

"It's tasty" She nodded.

"Very well" With that the two of them got up and headed towards Saguru's car, this time with Yozora feeling more comfortable as she followed him and the drive was more relaxed than before.

Yozora eyed the house that Saguru eventually pulled up to curiously, it was way too large for just two people. The fence was simple yet secure and the house looked clean "It looks nice" She wasn't sure what else to say.

Saguru smiled, offering her a set of keys "I want to do a few things first so go ahead and explore" Or learn how to use a key if she didn't know how. He was just going to check Kaito's roses, it wasn't really required but he didn't want her to feel watched as she explored "You can go anywhere, just don't lock me out" He knew how to pick a lock, but he'd rather not.

The girl hesitated before accepting the keys "Okay" Yozora didn't really understand why Saguru wasn't following, but she let her curiosity take hold and headed towards the door. At a closer inspection, the keys were adorable to look at. One was covered in kittens, another in white birds, the third was a glittery gold and the oldest one was covered in black and white odd grinning faces for some reason. For some reason they didn't seem like things Saguru himself would pick out.