Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warnings:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2020-05-26
Updated:
2020-06-25
Words:
4,920
Chapters:
4/15
Kudos:
25
Hits:
697

Oblivion

Summary:

Three detectives - Eli Clark, Naib Subedar and Emma Woods. Investigating the murders of the most infamous serial killer ever - Jack the Ripper.
Takes places in london, 1888. August 31st till November 9th.
WARNING! Will contain graphic descriptions of murder and violence, disemboweled imagery and gruesome things. If you are sensitive to to things like that, please be aware, this AU will be FIIIIIILLED with stuff like this, since I am absolutely obsessed with Jack the Ripper and his overall murderous behavior.

Chapter 1: Cola

Chapter Text

It was London, 1888. August 30th.
A very rainy day, but just so slightly. The weather - around 30 Celsius. Naib walked down the street around the "Ten Bells" bar and quickly took an odd turn towards the detective agency. The quiet rain dribbled down onto his hat, which was acting as a protective layer of clothing to his head and to his wooden pipe. The smoke blew out and the weed started to dissolve into ashes. Naib smiled as he realized the building was only about 10-15 minutes. He hated walking so much time from Whitechapel's end till the start of the same district - it was huge, maybe the biggest district in London? East End was huge in and out of itself, but Whitechapel? It was as if East End was a country and Whitechapel was it's capital.

As time passed and his pace progressed, Naib realized one thing. He had not seen the East End gang today. It was such an odd and unfamiliar feeling that he actually loved to have - those bastards took the lives of women. Sure, the women they killed were prostitutes - but they were still human and had a will, a desire to live. They had a life ahead of them. They could have escaped from the evil games of prostitution and they could have become a good parent, a good mother to a child that would grow up to be a normal, living human being - just like their mother, but not with the same job.

"A-Ah!" A moan.
Followed by another.
Then a hit. A punch. And another hit.
Naib quickly looked at the alleyway where he heard the screams and speak of the devil - the East End gang. They were busy raping and basically killing another woman.

"Fuck. Is that Martha?" The male exclaimed, removing the pipe from his mouth and blowing the smoke away. He quickly pulled out his 9 mm hand gun and put the pipe back in his mouth.
"STOP! I WILL ARREST YOU IF YOU CONTINUE WHAT YOU ARE DOING! PUT THE FUCKING BAT DOWN!" He yelled, suddenly running to the scenery with the pipe trembling in his mouth with smoke blowing out into the air.
"Oi, it's the fag guy from the detectives. Let's get the hell outta here." One of the men said and pulled out of Martha, her lower half dripping with body fluids that even God most likely did not know why he and the nature created. Her legs trembled as one of the other men dropped her down onto the pavement of the alleyway.
Naib waited until all of the men disappeared from the alley and he quickly rushed over to his friend.
"MARTHA! OI! Don't faint on me! You hear me? Breathe in, breathe out. Inhale, exhale. Come on, do it at the same time with me. Breathe in and out. A few times." Naib guided the woman as she was struggling to keep herself conscious.

"F-fuck. That was the East End gang, wasn't it?" Martha asked, looking up at her friend, not even caring about being basically naked. The alley was small and Naib didn't like her. He was a dear friend and so was she. Nothing more. And nothing to be ashamed of.
"Yeah... I'm glad I heard you moaning, as weird as it might sound. Also, here." Naib explained, taking off his plaid blue and dark brown coat, handing it over to the woman. "I've told you, do not go around the city, especially this part of East End London, at a time like this. In small alleys too, jeez. If I wasn't around you could have been killed, who knows?! I'm glad though. Now, I better go, or Eli will yell at me for being late for the detective meeting. Not like he's ever even yelled in his life, but." Naib said as he smiled down, putting the coat around her body and zipping up the bottom part of her dress, feeling no embarrassment what-so-ever.
"I- I'm gonna give this back to you tonight. The address of your agency was "Old Montague", right?"
"Yeah. Now go back to your husband safely, okay? You don't need to give it back tonight, it's fine."
Martha smiled as she started to walk, limping side-to-side from the pain in her lower abdominal and back regions.

After 10-15 minutes of walking in the rain with the pipe almost having no weed left in it, Naib reached the detective agency building. As he opened the door, he was met with a fairly angry looking Eli, even though Eli's blindfold covered his eyes.
"You're 10 minutes late... Emma was getting suspicious and scared. But hey, you're here." Eli said, a smile creeping onto his lips.
"Were going to go home after 30 minutes, honey. Be ready and get your files organized."
Naib smirked. That tone that Eli had, the word "honey" and the stubborn attitude always managed to turn him on.
"Mr. Subedar! Where is your coat?" Emma asked, eyeing the males that stood at the door. "Did you forget it somewhere, did you lose it?"
Eli quickly looked down, yes, he could see, even with the blindfold on his eyes. Yes, he did take it off when he was alone with people he trusted. Otherwise, he kept it on. Even with two detectives in the room.

"Oh, it's gone! Rest in pieces, you lived a good life, Mr. Coat!" Eli and Emma looked at each other and laughed, making Naib uneasy.

"It is not the time for jokes." the male said, looking at both of them.
"I-I apologize, Mr. Subedar!" Emma replied, looking down at her lap, the blue and brown barrette almost falling off of her head.

"That's alright. Well, are we all gonna go to our homes now? I don't think we have any more files to look through, right?" Naib explained, eyeing a certain blindfolded male.

Emma looked at both males and smiled proudly. "Yes! We have done all of the files and checked through all the mails from the mailbox! I'll go now, then! Goodnight, Mr. Subedar and Mr. Clark!" She said as she waved and took her backpack, opening the door and leaving. "Y'know Naib..." Eli said as he smirked, his eyes most likely glistening with a particular feeling. Subedar smirked and walked towards Eli, taking his own vest off, walking towards Clark's form that was currently leaning on the wall with a cigarette in it's mouth. As Emma's footsteps drifted farther away from the detective agency building, Naib and Eli's smirks grew wider as they stared (one way or another) at each-other.

"Naib!"
Fucking hell. Martha. Was. Coming. To. The. Door.
"Naib?" Eli questioned as he realized Subedar had just ran towards the door, trying his best to lock it.
"FUCK! WHERE ARE THE KEYS?!"
"I don't know! Why are you even trying to lock it?! It could be a friend!" Eli explained, trying to not be so loud, trying not to be heard. He also had no idea where the keys where anyway.

After a few seconds of Martha knocking on the door, Naib looked in front of himself and saw his friend, standing there and then, holding the coat he had given her a bit of time ago.
"Here is your coat. I'm sorry for a an hour ago. I shouldn't have gone in that alley." She explained, her head dropping low. Eli walked slowly, a terrible feeling rising inside of him.
"Are you done now?"

"Huh?" Martha exclaimed, eyeing the man with the blindfold, who had actually removed it from his eyes, leaving the huge marks across his face visible. He had a line around 5 cm under his eyes, along with two lines under the middle of his blue orbs. It wasn't scary, but symbolical in some way. "I asked. Are you done?" The disgust in his tone was actually really something nobody had ever seen. Eli was never rude, hateful or expressed any angry or malice towards anyone. "Y-yes? Why are you being rude to-" Martha's tone was quickly silenced by the loud sound of the door being shut. Her expression fell but she just took the anger and kept it as a gift. No one really expressed anything towards her, except Naib, Emma and some of her other friends, who were maybe 4-5 people in total. Being a prostitute sure was hard.

"What the fuck are you thinking?" Naib questioned, throwing the returned coat on the couch and pushing Eli over the coat, making them both land on the furniture.
"I have a bad feeling... Something is going to happen. I'm sure." Eli explained, looking up with teary eyes.
"Don't get mad at me, please... I know what I see with my visions. Opium is not the only thing that makes my mind go crazy, y'know? These visions are annoying. I've had them since birth. Most are right and they happen soon after I see them. I saw this one while I was eating lunch. Meaning it will happen during night. We need to be careful..." He continued, tears falling from his eyes.
"What happens if I get a vision of you dying, hm?! What am I going to do..?" Tears continued to spill.
"I'm sorry. I know you don't hate her, I know you want to be her friend. But hey, if you have a vision, tell me, I'll tell her you're sorry when I see her tomorrow. It's okay, c'mere." Naib smiled and slipped his arms under Eli, hugging him.

It was too peaceful to be true.