Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warnings:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2020-05-26
Updated:
2020-06-25
Words:
4,920
Chapters:
4/15
Kudos:
25
Hits:
697

Oblivion

Chapter 3: Off to the races

Summary:

Mary Ann Nichols.
Annie Chapman.
Elizabeth Stride.
Catherine Eddowes.
Mary Jane Kelly.

Notes:

I would like to say something. I apologize for updating this so rarely, but my exams just passed and now I have more time, meaning more chapters. Maybe 2-3 times a week? Yeah. That's gonna be it.

Chapter Text

Friday, 31 august.

"Eli!" Naib whispered slightly louder than usual and looked at him sadly. The wound on his side and the bruise on his eye had still not healed after the "fight" that happened yesterday. Martha dying really did take a toll on Naib and he felt like a shithead for letting her see Eli's anger as her last memory of life.
"Mmh?" Eli groaned lightly, the sunlight of the morning dawn shining in his open eyes. It was too light.
"Are you awake? Shit, I thought you were asleep. Sorry. And sorry for everything that happened last night." Naib whimpered through tears that were piling up in his eyes.
"Come here you dork!" Eli giggled and tackled Naib into the bed with himself.
"I told you not to apologize! Or apolo-lie! It was not your fault. Your anger took a hold of you and since I said "use me as a tool", your emotions got even more fucked up and everything went down like that. And, besides. It doesn't hurt! Didn't I tell you already last night, remember? When you were panicking, getting gauze, bandages, first-aid kits." Clark explained as he laughed, looking at Naib's sad face.

"You're too nice to me. Were both detectives, yet you always act like the young boy down the street that works at the Whitechapel cafe. Grow up, darling." Subedar explained, eyeing Eli in the uncovered eyes.

"I know." Eli responded.
"Y'know, Naib... When we retire, in a few years..." Clark continued.
"Were only like 30!" Naib exclaimed.
"Yeah, I know. But we don't really like being detectives, don't you think? We get so many problems because of this job. We're the two most famous detectives in the district and in the whole London area. When we stop being detectives in a few years..." Eli took in a bit of air then let it all out.

"We can escape to the great sunshine. Were gonna make it out to the other side."

Naib looked at Eli as he heard those words. His eyes wide.
Then he smiled. A real, genuine and emotion-filled smile. With teary eyes and hot water droplets piling in his eye sockets, he lunged himself at Eli and hugged him tightly, making sure the younger man couldn't escape from his grasp.
"Yes. Yes... Fuck, let's do that. Please don't leave me." He whispered with tears running down his face.

Eli gasped and put a hand on Naib's back, lifting his face up with his other hand.
"I won't. And yes, let's do that. Let's ride our bikes, escape to the great sunshine and make it out to the other side."
Naib leaned in to close the gap between their bodies, his lips millimetres away from Eli's.
Clark leaned in as well, until finally their lips met in a soft and chaste kiss, filled with hope.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

"Hello, girls!" Mary Nichols said as she walked into the "Ten Bells" pub, seeing her 4 friends. All of them were prostitutes. Life in London was hard, gangs, murders. Nothing that much more interesting, but still, it was a sad life. Having sex with old hags or young lads, or even married fuckers that were cheating on their wives. All that torture just for a few coins. Pretty lame, and not worth every single day of pain.

"Mary! How are you? Did you hear about Martha?"
"Behamfil? Yes poor thing. She was such a dear friend. When will the burial be?" Mary Nichols asked, eyeing Annie Chapman.
"3 days from now. Will you come? I know you're a very emotional woman, after all, dear." Catherine Eddowes explained.
"Yes. I will show up, honey. But, how is Elizabeth? I didn't realize she was not here tonight."

Oh. They were 4 right now, not 5. Still, all prostitutes.

"Yes, but she will arrive very soon! From what I heard, her cheap carriage was on the way." Mary Jane Kelly responded, looking at the other 3 whores.
"How much money did everyone get today? We need to buy bread, apples if we can even afford one solid thing with all the money..." Mary Nichols asked.
"I got 2 coins. Two old hags decided it would be fun to have sex not in a room! Believe it or not, on the street! Had to run from the detectives. I heard some people coming and thought it could be them."

"I only got one... The gang members stole my other 2." Catherine Eddowes said.
"Well... I have 2 as well." Annie Chapman added.
"I got one as well." Mary Nichols whispered quietly and looked down at the table. The bill for the 4 small beer shots was two coins. Two, two and two one's. Meaning - 6 coins in total. They would have 4 coins left. That would be able to buy all 5 of the prostitutes one loaf of bread and two apples. It was enough.

20 minutes passed. Elizabeth arrived, but all of her money was stolen by the London gang as well. Poor women. Honestly, it was not even their own decision. Life just made it for them. Made them prostitutes so they did not die on the streets after one or two days of being tortured or hungry.