Actions

Work Header

Reincarnation Glitch

Chapter 6: Midoriya Izuku

Summary:

Psych has compiled some of Izuku’s past memories together for a longer watch. What do they see?

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Psych decided to try something different with the next memory clip to prolong the memories into a continued series.

She drifts back over to Midoriya's side of the library and picks out a couple of book to compile together. Carefully she places three books between her hands and pushes them together. The books fuse together into a bigger book.

"Okay... Let's see Midoriya Izuku's past in this combined book."

On the awaken plane of reality, the class is settled into a fancy looking building. A castle on some sort decorated in the finest things one could collect in the time period of the memory.

The sound of footsteps catch their attention and their gaze is on their adorable classmate. He comes running up to one of the doors in the corridor and knocks.

A few second later it opened by Uraraka who is delighted to see him.

"Deku! You're just in time!" She said happily as she moves aside to let him in.

Entering the room they find themselves in a typical witch's lair. A large pot in the middle of the room boiling something of unknown origin. Spell books placed about in the the room, some left open while others are closed and stacked. Papers spread out on a rather large table adjacent to the walls.

They are even met with another face familiar to them dressed royally in blue and white with trims of golden thread.

"Todoroki! You're here!"

"But I'm here?" The current one questionably pointing to himself with a somewhat confused expression. Iida and Uraraka being nice friends quietly explains what their classmate meant.

Todoroki is dressed in formal attire but seemingly comfortable with it on. His hair hasn't changed, not even the scare to the left side of his face. A sword hanging by his hip all covered up.

"Midoriya, it's good to see you."

Said boy nods and does a short bow of the shoulders and head. "It's been awhile my prince. Have you and your mother been well?"

"We are doing as well as we can be. Father is still being... you know." The prince looks a little sad as his gaze drifts away from sympathetic emerald eyes.

Izuku walks up to him to give a comforting hug. "Next time you see her, tell her I wish for continuing recovery. My mother is doing her best to supply her medicine after all with what's happening right now."

"She will know," Todoroki said softly. His expression ever grateful to his friend with some fondness mixed in his tone. "Thank you."

"If I may cut in," Iida, the knight, said now in seriousness surprising his classmates. "We must talk about the pressing danger approaching the land."

"Yes," Todoroki said as he steps back so they can all circle the table. All of them looking serious as Uraraka brings up a magical form of a hologram of the Todoroki kingdom and it's surrounding land. "High Witch Nemuri has informed the royals of incoming dangers after a viewing ritual days ago. Dark forces are coming to take the land and destroy everything good in its wake."

The class looks at one another worried.

"So there will be war? A big one?" Izuku questions seriously with a hand on his chin.

"Previous records of this happening were many years ago when Tribal and Non-Tribal lands were still at odds with one another. The dark forces back then had brought our kingdoms together to defeat the evil that sought to bring down all their lives." Iida informs them having read old records of them in the archives.

"But they had the Hero who brought them together and his saving blade on their side. I remember from what I read in the archives that the Hero's Blade is still out there... The Hero had said before vanishing, 'If dark forces return then a new hero will arise and bring balance to the lands'." Izuku recalls from his own research in the archives.

"Isn't that a message to search once again for the Hero's Blade? Many have tried for years to find it before but many gave up due to never being able to locate it." Uraraka looks down as she moves her staff  in a circle to change the image of her magic design.

The layout changing to a heavy looking blade stuck into a rock.

The brunette witch sighs, "This is the only image us witches can ever get of the Hero's Blade. Stuck somewhere waiting to be pulled out and wielded by it's next chosen hero." She moves her staff over it and the image rotates in place.

"If only we could retrieve it from its resting place, then everyone could have a chance to see if it chooses one of them to be its wielder..." Todoroki reaches out to the image, only for it to pass through his fingers. He pulls back with slight disappointment. "The blade can only be used by its chosen after all."

Izuku looks at the image with a soft gaze.

"A blade met for its chosen..."

The meeting between the four fades out as the scene changes to another memory. This time they are all stationed in a grassy clearing. The area filled with various flowers and the tree line in the distance of a forest.

The students and their teachers were standing near a small, but sizable, home with smoke coming from the chimney.

Standing in the front of the yard is Midoriya. Expression mainly focused as he practiced his swordsmanship skills. His stand to his grip of the long weapon firm without wavering from the dummy.

The door to the front of the cozy home opens to reveal a familiar face of their teacher and former symbol of peace.

All Might looks to his past double with surprise as he exits the home with a fond smile. The past blond walking up to his, or rather their, student with an approving nod.

"It's good to see you so determined Young Midoriya."

Izuku is smooth in transitioning from serious to a friendly tune. He brings one hand up to rub at the back of his neck awkwardly. "Good afternoon Mister Yagi. Sorry if I came unannounced, I've been busy as of late to send a quick letter about visiting."

"Nonsense my boy. You are always welcome to come visit whenever you like." Toshinori says as he takes a few steps closer now that the sword is put out of harms way. Not that Midoriya would hurt him intentionally. "What brings you here?"

"Ah... It's about what I've been doing lately with my friends," Izuku starts as he brings his hand away from his neck. Emerald eyes meeting his mentor's. "Have you heard about the High Witch's foretelling?"

With a serious look, Yagi nods firmly. "This is about the new Hero and the old Blade."

"We've been trying to find leads on where the blade could be. So far we only found small uncredited sources." The teen shakes his head looking a little helpless. “We have even gone through the archives to see if there something but so far nothing.”

"Young Midoriya, as stories have told, the Hero and his Blade have gave birth to generations of peace and prosperity. Once he vanished, he left his blade for the next hero deemed worth by its predecessors.”

Something about their past teacher's self, All Might, looked so wise and caring like a father. Not that the current one wasn’t the same, but theirs hand some awkwardness to him.

Izuku looks to his teacher with listening ears. "Yes... but the Blade was hidden. Rumors said he gave it to someone or a certain group to protect it until the coming of the next hero."

"Those rumors are indeed correct. I can confirm it between us because I trust you." Midoriya's eyes were widening with surprise as he meets his mentor's blue eyes. He continues, "Listen to me my boy, the next Hero will so find the Blade and step up to bring a new generation."

"The Generation of Balance..." Izuku said almost like a whisper. "W-Wait! Does this mean you know where the Blade is Mister Yagi?!" He asked in a panic whisper.

Sadly the class earned a reasonable shake of the head thinking it would be too easy if their teach spilled out the location of the Hero's Blade.

"But I can give you a little song or riddle."

Midoriya looks at his teacher with a tilt of the head confused.

Before they could even hear the riddle, the memory clip fades out to the annoyance of some of the class.

"Aww come on! I wanted to hear it!" Hagakure whines as she closes her hands into fists.

"Maa, it looks as if the memories leave off on the more clueing parts." Ojiro says with a light scratch to his cheek.

"It's like those memories don't even want to give us any way of helping, not even a cent, kero." Tsuyu says as she watches the holographic refigure into another memory. "Let's hope this one has something."

The setting of the memory takes place in Midoriya's village seeing as his house is not too far off from where they were standing. They stood in the plaza where long and wide tables are stationed together in a feast like setting.

Villagers, some familiar faces, talking around the table or already seated and waiting for the dinner to start.

They spot their green haired classmate surrounded by familiar faces. The usual Dekusquad there making light conversation with each other. Nearby they could make out their green haired, froggy Barmaid and owner of the resident tavern with Tokoyami. The two of them seemed to be talking while they share a drink together.

At the tables closer to them were some of the Bakusquad. Kaminari and Jiro playing some music together, the blond on the lute and his knightess partner strumming a small harp.

Miss Midoriya and All Might are present as well as they stood at the main table with their backs faced towards them.

Inko was the one to turn around with a delighted smile. "Izuku! It's time for you to blow out the candles!"

"Oh! It's his birthday?!" Yaoyorozu says with happy surprise. She was always prepared to hop on and celebrate her friends' birthday with lots of consideration into their presents.

"Okay Mom!" Izuku answers back as he looks to his friends and gestures them to come with him. The guest and his friends come closer to he fire as the sound of hooves galloping towards them grows a little louder.

It's not surprising to see past Todoroki arriving but it is to see past Yaoyorozu accompanying him while dawned on the finest armor. Both of them get off their horses and join the party as Izuku welcomes them with open arms.

"Glad you two can join us!" He does a teasing curt bow to the two. A playful smile settling on his facial expression. "Prince Todoroki, Commanding Knight and Princess Yaoyorozu."

"Wow Momo, you have such high titles!" Uraraka is stunned at the two titles. Her classmate's past self was a princess and a high ranking knight.

Said classmate is hiding her face behind her hands embarrassed as her face flushes red.

With an awkward sing along to their version of happy birthday, Izuku still smiles being surrounded by close friends and people he considers family.

"Everyone, thank you for coming to celebrate my birthday with me. It really means a lot..." His smile soft as his eyes meets everyone presence who returns the smile truthfully. "I wouldn't trade this for the world."

"Aww Deku!" Witch Uraraka good as she springs forward to squeeze her friend in a hug. She ends up laughing with him when they both can't help this happily infectious emotional this day.

Kaminari raises his mug with a proud grin. "Cheers to our Happy Green Bean!"

Everyone, that has mugs, present raises their cup with hearty laughs and clink their drinks with one another.

The party soon dies down in tune as they can see the memory shift to a later time when everyone seemed wasted. Uraraka and Iida were down for the count when their bubbly witch drank a little too much, this Iida was watching her for her safety.

Kaminari is having fun with the other guests while he puts on a music performance with Jirou to the slowing tune of the party. Just enough to get everyone's attention wrapped on them.

The class is pulled away from the party since their tailing after Midoriya again. He walks down a dark forest path with nothing but a small carved plate holding a slice of cake.

He then arrives to a mid sized clearing where a breeze hits him gently that it sways his dark green locks of hair.

Surprisingly he turns around to face them with a soft expression of knowing.

"Is he looking at us?" Mineta asks as he takes a step back, a bit creeped out by the situation.

Kirishima takes a moment to look at his classmate's eyes to figure out that no. He isn't looking at them but pass them.

One by one they look behind them to see their explosive classmate standing behind them with a look of indifference. He’s not scowling for sure, clearly not angered either.

"Why didn’t you join the party?"

"Didn't need to be surrounded by a bunch of buffoons. Especially if their going to get fucking wasted because of Sparky."

The class parted as Bakugou makes his way forward. His steps steady and even like an apex predator.

Izuku could only smile small when Katsuki stands arms length from him. "You could have at least appeared once." He sets the small plate holding the slice of cake down on a rock beside him.

The Barbarian simply rolls his eyes with a huff. "Whatever, here." 

The class is once again caught off guard when their blond classmate pulls out a slim bouquet of flowers from behind his back they had not noticed before. Incased in a crinkle of brown paper are a small cluster of white baby's breath flowers and a single green hydrangea that had yet to take in one of its main colors.

"Kacchan," Izuku said softly as his hands hesitate to accept the gift.

Katsuki gently, gently brings his other hand to Izuku's hands to guide over to the flowers. Both hold onto them for a moment, crimson red eyes meeting those viridian ones genuinely.

"Please accept this gift..." His eyes leaving Izuku's for a moment to glance at their hands holding the bouquet of flowers. "I can only give you this right now."

"But Kacchan you know what I need to know."

"I can't give you that and you damn know I won't spill that information."

Izuku's eyes slightly narrow with a gleam of determination settles in them.

Katsuki firm in his stance and never relenting in his own eyes.

"This is for your own good, Izuku."

A dragon's roar pierced the air and Bakugou is quick to disappear as his ride picks him up in one quick swoop.

Midoriya left in the clearing with a sadden look as he tightly holds the flowers between his two hands.

Holding back tears as he hides his face behind the slim bundle of flowers.

"You're not being fair... Katsuki."

It was the first time any of the students heard their troublesome duo verbally say their first names. Not using 'Kacchan' or 'Deku' had a different feeling in them when they heard them say it.

"They have to be serious if their using each other's first name like that." Shoji wouldn't voice any other way. His classmates should also agree since it's not really the norm their friends would call each other such without a reason.

"But I wonder what their talking about," Sero muses thinking back to the previous conversations to this one. "Could it be about the Hero's Blade Midoriya's group is looking for?"

"Maybe," Todoroki inputs as he is also trying to connect the dots in this memory problem.

Again their conversation is put to a hold as this coming memory takes a hold of the room.

They seem to be settled in the Midoriya household, currently residing in the shared living space.

Said boy is sitting at the table holding a bundle of letters and a package while his mother is doing the dishes just off to the side.

"Mom you got some letters from Dad."

"You can set them aside dear. I'll read those as soon as I'm done with washing the dishes."

Izuku unwraps the string holding the bundle together and separates his mail from his mother's mail. He sets his mom's letters across from him and then goes opening his own letters.

He reads aloud his first letter:


'Dear Izuku,

It's been another year and you've surly grown. I wish I could have attended your birthday party but I am as busy as ever. You mother sent me photos and I am happy to see you smiling and safe.

Please forgive this old man for missing yet another one. I really wish to spend a day with you and your mother again like when you were just a child.

But my work keeps me for that but when I have the chance I will be there in a heartbeat.

I hope you find my gift up to your liking.

With greatest love,

Dad'


Izuku sets the letter down and pulls the boxed present closer to unwrap. He pulls the top off and peeks over the top to see what's inside.

"M-M-Mom!"

Inko is quick to shut the water off be at her panicking son's side in a rush. She looks into the box too and places her hands over her mouth with surprised eyes.

"Honey, this is too much..." Inko says quietly to her husband who is currently not present.

Izuku with some shaky movement pulls out the object of panic from the box.

In his hands is a soft cushion for the resting place of a sleeping baby kitsune of all things. The creature’s fur being a soft mint green with white tipped tail with a white ring detail after a green one. It's paws were always dipped white like it was wedding small boots.

He sets the fusion down gently onto the table before hiding his face behind his hands. "This has to be one of the most ridiculous gifts so far."

"Are you sure Izuku? I'm pretty sure the baby fenrir he sent you two years ago kinda hit that spot," Inko says with a hand on her chin in thought.

"Mom we had to get Uncle Masaru to help us with Kuro since he was part of the Wolf Tribe before, remember? Thankfully Kuro just patrols around the village quietly and listens without making much of a ruckus unless there’s an intruder. Other than that he's pretty docile." He went on mumbling about other thing his father had gotten him over the course of the years.

Inko being the saint she is pats him on the shoulder. "Izuku," she said to bring him back.

The teen stops and looks to his mother for a moment and then confused. "Mom, what brought you to like Dad in the first place?"

"Why don't we take a seat first, maybe I'll bring over some tea while we talk." She wasn't ignoring his question. Just to settle him down and talk calmly at the table with him.

The mother and son moving and resetting the area while she prepares the tea and some snacks. Izuku moves his new companion over to the couch by the fireplace to rest warmly.

When their both seated at the table with tea, Inko starts talking.

"Your father was... unique in a way I can't really describe. But I loved him none the less with his awkwardness, jokes, and his habits you tend to share and portray every so often when you are home. He loved me very much and showed it through his time courting me." She giggles a bit as she picks up a rice cracker. "Masaru and Mitsuki can tell you so much about him when he's with me. Very clumsy that man."

Izuku looks fondly at his mother as she talks about her husband and his father. They seemed so in love despite their odd troubles.

"When you came into our lives he swore to protect you even to his last breath. It was over dramatic of him but he was none the less serious as he held you carefully in his arms." Her finger taps against the wood of the table in thought trying to remember those moments with her baby and husband. "You were his hope in a family he could have again."

"Again?" Izuku asks curious like his classmates and teachers are too.

Inko nods with a sorrowful look. "Your father didn't come from a happy family. His parents, from what he told me weren't really fond of him and his brother. So he mainly took care of himself and his younger brother for the most part of their life growing up. It didn't help his brother was sickly... His death ruined him for months from what I can recall when he told me all this."

Izuku looks sad as well learning of his father's upbringing. "Was Dad ever afraid of me?"

"Sometimes... He would tell me he was afraid to hurt you and often keep a safe distance from you. Your father was scared he would end up like his own parents and fail you. But he was always watchful to make sure you are safe, protected from harm." She reaches to hold Izuku's hand which he accepts openly. "I know he's been away since you were able to remember but he really does love you."

The class watches his mother take one of her own letters from her pile. Certainly from the mysterious father of their classmate.

She pulls her hand back to open it up.

She reads:


'Dearest Inko,

It's been another year my love. I feel like I'm failing my promise to you in returning home. But it is so hard to come back from where I am, in my work and life.

Is our son alright? He's not hurt is he? I worry deeply for his safety with enemies I appear to make. Inko please tell me he's happy? I'm sorry I'm not home.

Izuku must hate me and I would understand because of my absence from his and your life.

Please continue to be there for him when I know I can't be even when I wish I could.

I hope Izuku likes this year's present as I have finally gotten time to look for one personally for him like the fenrir present some years ago.

My dearest wife, I miss you and our son. I can't think of a day I missed thinking of you both.

To my heart,

Hisashi’


Inko looks up from the letter to see her son’s eyes glossed over and looking teary. She smiles softly and holds his hand.

“He might not be here physically but he’s always thinking of us.”

“Y-Yeah...” The younger Midoriya shakily says a bit overwhelmed with emotion. He picks up his cup of tea and takes light sips.

The memory fades out and allows the class to fully process the memories shown so far seeing as there is a long pause to the next memory.

This was because Psych is trying to compile the next set of memories currently on Bakugou’s side of the library mindscape.

“So what have we learned so far?” Aizawa questions to his class. He would consider this part of training as well seeing how their observation and analysis skills are used during their watching period.

“More information was shown in the beginning sir. As the past us said, dark forces are at work and they are searching for the Hero’s Blade.” Iida quick to raise his hand and answer.

Mina hums as she taps at her cheek, “Most of these memories were more focused on Midoriya so they must come from his memories.”

“Bakugou was a little off character but somehow still genuine when he was talking to Midoriya. Although he may be hiding something...” Tokoyami voices out his own observation. Dark Shadow nodding in agreement over his shoulder.

Momo records the observations the best she could while adding her own observations too. Even the minor ones like Midoriya’s dad, albeit doesn’t seem to fit anywhere into this.

All Might hums as he glances at the two boys asleep in their seats. His successor sometimes twitching in his seat like he’s thinking. Bakugou, on the other hand, calm even though their was a noticeable twitch in his expression sometimes.

He wonders if the twitching has to do with quirk being used on them or if their watching these memories as well while they do.

He didn’t have long to ponder as Psych had finally compiled memories from Bakugou’s memories.

Hopefully they’ll get more information from him.

Notes:

Happy Birthday to Izuku and Mirio!!! <3 July 15th