Actions

Work Header

Reincarnation Glitch

Summary:

Years ago, where dragons and monsters roam and coexist among humans freely, there were two young men who loved each other dearly.

They had their rough starts like any other but went on the path of reconcile and second chances. Destiny and fate worked their magic for them and those around them with good intent.

However, at the time of their lives, the happienst moment where they could bond together. They were torn apart by dark forces.

With their last breath, hands held together tightly, they promised to be with each other in the next life and get their happily ever after.

Many years later into the far future, Fate and Destiny will assist in their promise. Again they will meet, odds against and with them, tied together they must face the challenge of remembering each other.

Around the time after All Might defeated All for One in Kamino Ward, Class 1-A notices some changes between their symbolic leading duo.

Or simply, The current Bakugou and Midoriya are acting like their past selves from time to time because Fate and Destiny want to help keep their past promise.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Concerns

Chapter Text

It had been some time after the Kamino Ward incident that Class 1-A notices some changes with their symbolic class duo. Namely Midoriya Izuku and Bakugou Katsuki.

To be more precise it had happened after their given house arrest.

At random or unknowing moments, one of their fellow classmates would notice something different about them.

Kaminari and Kirishima actually witnessed their explosive friend making some kind of weird beaded jewelry. When they asked him why he was making it, they received an explosion to the face. He just growled at them for a moment before going back to his task while ignoring their presence. Later that same day, Kaminari and Kirishima tried asking him again but Bakugou seemed to play it off as if he didn't know what they were talking about.

As for their resident green haired cinnamon roll, Uraraka and Iida found him on a separate day from the jewelry incident hastily jotting down notes in a leather bound journal instead of one his normal notebooks. Now this wouldn't really seem off from the usual for their friend, but they were surprised him to noting down different types of plants and their properties. Usually Midoriya would be focused on heroes and their quirks while muttering at the same time.

It wasn't around two weeks of this odd acting pair that their classmates decided to talk about it to see if they individually weren't going crazy seeing these odd changes.

"Is it just me or is Bakugou and Deku acting weird?" Uraraka asks during their self study period.

Before asking this question, Izuku and Katsuki had left the room to help All Might who required their assistance on something. So it was safe to bring this question up to the class with the two boys in question out of sight and hearing range.

"Define weird in their terms," Jiro says a bit unsure. Their problematic duo had all kinds of different definitions to certain terms after all.

"I saw Deku collecting some plants the other day and he turned them into paste in the kitchen." Tsuyu was near the dorm building feeding the koi in the pond when she noticed Midoriya from a far collecting some weeds and a couple of flowers. Later on in the door when she was cleaning up she had noticed him grind the plants into some kinds of paste for some reason she did not know.

Iida hums while holding his chin in thought. "I don't think that's too weird." His friend had always been the type to try new things. So he assumes Midoriya was trying to experiment for reasons to do with study.

Kirishima cuts into the conversation from his seat with a raised hand to get their attention. "Bakugou was with him, watching him make it over his shoulder, without a single cuss or swear. He was quiet the entire time." The red head had been there as well, but looking from his spot in the common room. He had been watching TV with Bakugou until the ash blond decided to leave the couch to travel over to the kitchen.

At the time Kirishima was thinking the explosive teen was gonna get a snack from the kitchen but he was wrong when he went to check the guy. Apparently Bakugou had been watching Midoriya the entire time quietly. Until a few minutes later they made light conversation before Bakugou left to return to the couch and resume watching TV with him like nothing happened.

"Now that's red alert weird." Kaminari says feeling a cold feeling travel up from the end of his spine. 

Midoriya and Bakugou are known for their estrange friendship despite Midoriya's attempt to meet the ash blond on the same level.

Despite their relationship seemingly mellowed out after their house arrest, these past few weeks of their strange actions between each other have been weird for all of them.

Class 1-A has been trying their best to keep up and understand but they keep failing in that department between the two teens.

The Symbol of Victory and the Symbol of Determination, unspoken titles that the two teens had individually earned from their classmates unknowingly. Opposites side of the same coin but work well together in their given moments. Their unknowing titles as class leaders when they come to training to become heroes.

The class merely sighs in hopelessness.

They were sure the two would be the end of them as a whole.

The door to the classroom was hardly slid open. An angry long ash blond entering with a pacifying greenet by his side.

"Kacchan!" Their resident cinnamon roll  responds with his hands clenched into closed fists at his side. The words that slipped out of his mouth next weren't even Japanese anymore. Heck it wasn't even a language they could pinpoint that even existed!

Bakugou replies in the same strange language, the only word they understood is Midoriya's childhood nickname tagged at the end.

Izuku huffs and looks around the room to land his sights on Kirishima. "Kirishima, -" Whatever the teen was about to say to the red head went to that strange language being spoken instead of Japanese.

But whatever their green haired classmate said angered Bakugou. The ash blond growling threateningly at his not out loud admitted rival. "Deku! ——————- ——— —— Kirishima!"

Their conversation getting lost in translation to their classmates who were starting to become even more concerned the longer they watched.

"Boys! Boys!" Mina exclaims finally having enough of this weird bickering. "Stop, speak Japanese please! We can't understand you." She whines as she gets up from her seat.

Both of them stop and look at Mina confused.

"Ashido..." Midoriya looking at her apologetically although a bit confused.

With his usual annoyed scowl, Bakugou doesn't look apologetic at all. "Whatever Pinky, tch." His hands now shoved into his pants pockets. "Anyways we were speaking Japanese the whole time. Why the fuck wouldn't we."

"Eh?" A couple of the class students sound lightly.

"But we couldn't understand what you two were talking about since you guys stepped into the classroom," Iida points out with his usual choppy arm movements. "Kirishima couldn't even understand your question from earlier Midoriya."

"Hah?" Katsuki glances Kirishima's way who seems genuinely confused.

Midoriya looks to Kirishima with the same look he gave to Mina. "But I asked Kirishima about Kacchan's recent attacks we did earlier today for training. I thought they were lacking something and was asking for your opinion on it."

"I already told you nothing’s wrong with my attacks, Deku!"

As their conversation went in, thankfully back into native language, the class were collectively thinking about bringing this to their teacher's attention.

So far what they've been doing haven't been normal.


~•~

This was how Aizawa got into this situation as the class representatives stood before him at his desk in the teacher’s office.

They had come to explain Bakugou and Midoriya's recent behavior that were no secret to him and the other teachers. They've all noticed a shift in the class duo after their house arrest.

Not only during classes but also in the passing outside of class.

"Aizawa sensei, is their anything you can do about them? As a class we a very concerned for the well being of our classmates." Iida asks with concern expressed all over his face.

Momo standing just beside him with a similar expression of concern. A slight nod from her shyly in agreement with Iida.

"For now, I'll ask you both to watch them closely and report to me if there are any extreme changes."

"Then," Momo starts with a slight squeeze of her hand over her other one. "Would an extreme case be in a sudden language change?"

"Hm?" Aizawa gazed leveled and serious. "Explain."

"During our study period, Bakugou and Midoriya left for awhile due to All Might wishing to speak with them. They came back sometimes later speaking a language we've never heard of..." Iida explains equally serious as class rep. He needed to report this in the best detail possible to seek help for his classmates. "What's concerning the most is how they thought they were speaking Japanese the whole entire time."

Their teacher crosses his arms with a thoughtful look. That does sound concerning and troublesome. His problem at the moment was how to proceed with assisting his problem children without causing even more commotion.

"I'll talk with the other teachers about this and see what we can scrap up to help them. For now, keep an eye on them until we can come up with a solution."

"Yes sir," The two class reps reply and bow before taking their leave from the teacher's lounge. Once the door is closed, Aizawa sinks in his seat and closes his eyes.

Yamada Hizashi, or known as Present Mic, turns in his chair to address the said topic to the tired teacher. "So what are you really planning to do Shota?"

"Gather more information before pulling up a contact up mine who I think might help."

Aizawa peeks one eye open to see Hizashi raise a brow inquiry. "I have this one contact who has this special quirk... We don't work that often together but we do ask for favors from time to time. I'm sure she wouldn't really mind helping my problem children. It's not that often she gets to use her quirk."

The blond pro hero hums as he's actually interested to learn more about this contact. His friend being an underground hero sure meets lots of other underground heroes and make all these connections to trade information.

"If it helps, the two listeners have been awe fully close lately." Mic rubs at the back of his neck awkwardly. "Not saying it's bad or anything, but it's sudden, you know what I mean?"

The raven haired hero hums in response before turning his attention back on the papers settled on his desk.

He can only hope this situation isn't as troublesome as it poses to be.


~•~

 

Later in the dorm of Heights Alliance where Class 1-A stayed, Izuku tapped the tip of his pencil against his chin in thought. Not even caring at the current moment that he was actually seated back against his childhood playmate's chest who is currently reading a book for an assignment due for another one of their classes.

His friends had been more than concerned for his actions lately and it did trouble him in thought. He just couldn't understand their worry.

Nothing for the past few weeks have been any different, if anything everything had been relatively normal.

"Deku, don't think too hard. You're fucking mumbling again." He hears Kacchan tell him as he rests his free hand to Izuku's to right hip. He shifts slightly to the side to allow the ash blond some more arm room on said side.

Izuku looks over his shoulder to look meet ruby red eyes. "Kacchan, do you think we've been acting weird lately?"

"Ha?" A typical response from the explosive teen. Kacchan looks as though he's asked a stupid question. "The fuck- Are you going on about what the extras said earlier in class?!"

"I mean, they did seem pretty worried Kacchan!" Izuku tried to defend as he quickly sets his pencil down at the low table next to his work. He shifts again to face Katsuki more clearly with a twist on his body. "I don't think we haven't done anything from the usual but our friends have noticed a difference if their telling us this. Something we apparently can't see."

Katsuki eyes narrow for a moment at he holds a steady stare down with Izuku. For all Izuku could assume is the ash blond will retort with the usual rebuttal.

"Get it together Deku. Those extras are probably over exaggerating shit." His hand comes up to ruff up Izuku's messy green hair.

Izuku fidgets a bit in place after getting his hair even more messy. He fixes his hair the best he could and look back at Katsuki with a pout.

"Alright Kacchan, I’ll try not to think about it too much."

"Damn right you should."

A few minutes after their conversation, Katsuki's friend group comes entering the common area. They had come down to use the Tv to play some games to relax a bit after finishing their assignments for the day.

Upon walking to the couches, they find the problematic duo seated at the foot of the couches in front of the low table between the TV and couches.

 Bakugou seated back against the couch holding a book reading. His free hand resting on the right hip of a very familiar green dark haired classmate. Between his parted legs sat Midoriya hunched over finishing the last of his assignments.

"Guys?" Mina is the first to break the silence.

While Midoriya is focused on his work, their named squad leader gives his half given attention on them. "What do you extras want?" He asked them, not even giving them a glance.

"Uh, we just wanted to know what you two were up to," Mina continues with an nervous laugh following up on her words. The three stooges around her still trying to process what their seeing.

"Homework. Need the TV or something?" One handedly closes his book to finally turn his crimson gaze their way.

"Yeah dude," Kaminari took the second to finally say something.

Kirishima nods, "Wanna join us bro?"

"We got fucking rescue training tomorrow. I ain't losing sleep for it." He pats Deku on the hip to get him out of his thoughts. He might as well drag the teen upstairs as well since they both need to be in tip top shape for training. "Get up nerd! We're leaving!"

"Eh?! But Kacchan-"

"Now! We have shit to do tomorrow!" He says harshly as he gets up. He grabs at Izuku's collar, "I will drag you and you know it!"

"Kacchan! ————— ——— —— —————!"

"—— —————— ——— —————-! Deku!" Katsuki adds at the end with a gruntled growl. 

Again, the Bakusquad was lost in translation to their foreign language. They could only watch the disagreement end with midoriya collecting his worksheets and being dragged to the elevator by the collar of his shirt because of their resident number two problem student.

Sero smiles wearily with a sigh.

"I hope we can figure out this problem soon."

Chapter 2: Different Origins

Summary:

Class 1-A has guests to help with the weird situation concerning our class duo! Lets get a look inside their head shall we?

Chapter Text

Three weeks have passed since the students have voiced their concerns to their teacher. Aizawa has spent time collecting information for his colleagues about the two in questions and was able to for a sizable stack of reports. Like he planned, he called up one of his contacts to a underground hero like himself to ask for their services.

This is how the students of Class 1-A found themselves later in the day back in their classroom when classes have already ended for the day.

Apparently Aizawa had been doing his part as a teacher to see to it that the situation with his problem children be delta with accordingly. He had even pulled All Might into the process seeing as he is also responsible for the class and their number one problem child.

When All Might had been informed of the situation he had immediately wished to help. Albeit he had not seen the two's strange actions due to prior engagements after his fight with All for One. He had only been told of the strange actions to catch him up on what he missed while he was off campus.

Back to the current situation, Aizawa and All Night's students were seated at their desks waiting for further instructions.

It wasn't until the door to the classroom was opened and their teachers, Hatsume Mei from the Support Course, and a new face entered.

"As you see we have two guests here with us." Aizawa gestures to the two ladies by All Might. "Hatsume Mei from the Support the department who assisted in making a gear for our outside guest and the boys."

"You can bet my babies will do just the job, Sensei!" She grins happily. Her eyes looking over to the two students who she was informed about needing her assistance. "I got everything ready just for Midoriya and Bakugou."

The two students on topic look at her with a scowl of confusion and nervousness. One of the two respectively.

"Deku, —— ———- ——-," Again everyone in the classroom is a witness to the foreign language as Bakugou Katsuki addresses Izuku.

Midoriya merely shakes his head, although the doesn't speak back to the ash blond in the same foreign language. "Kacchan they're just worried."

Bakugou clicks his tongue and turns his head the other way with a scowl. Midoriya looks to everyone apologetically for his actions once again.

"Midoriya shounen, was Bakugou shounen speaking in Japanese just now?" All Might decides to ask making an unsure face. This was his first time after all witnessing this unusual exchange.

The green haired student lips pull out to a thin line, his eyes wandering away from his mentor's gaze. "... Was he not?" He asks back timidly.

At this moment it was Hatsume's turn to come in and pull out one of her babies. A handheld device in a rectangular shape with an antenna at the top. Buttons lined along the side for different uses.

"Time for one of my babies to come in and help!" She lifts her finger of the button and it clicks shut before rewinding. "This is a special one I made for underground heroes. A recorder with enhanced features, fully equipped to transmit recordings and tracking information to the main unit."

She presses another button and lets the recording replay their conversation. As the conversation played, a hit of realization made way to the two students as their classmates await their reactions.

"W-Wait! That's what you guys were talking about?!" Midoriya said flustered having heard the foreign language he and Kacchan were supposedly speaking for the past few weeks randomly. "I didn't understand any of it."

"What kinda garbage and I spouting?!" Bakugou angrily responds after hearing the end of the recording.

"Wait, you two don't understand it after talking to each other like this for the past few weeks?" Momo says from her seat looking at her classmates in shock.

Midoriya shakes his head and the same goes for Bakugou. "Have we really been talking like this? I really didn't notice."

"You two have been doing it for weeks," Mineta complains from behind the student in response. "Not to mention you've been so chummy lately."

Kirishima can't help but add to the pot about what he and the rest of the Bakusquad witnessed in the common area of their dorm a few weeks ago. "Yeah, you and Bakugou were really close in the common room."

"It was like you two were open to cuddling in the common area of the dorm!" Kaminari adds with a grin.

Bakugou is one step closer to blowing up the guy he called dunce face. A hand up releasing a warning of popping miniature explosions. It got the other blond to shut his mouth.

"We didn't do shit! We don't even see each other that often!" Bakugou retorts.

"Bakugou we literally see you and Midoriya almost all the time together! You spend more time with him than the squad!" Mina interjects with Sero back her up with nods.

Midoriya looks to his friends who have a similar response of shy smiles and a firm nod from Iida. Todoroki also giving him a blank look but none the less nodding like Iida.

"I guess this is where I come in," Their other guest who they've completely forgotten about voices. She pushes back her raven colored hair and bows slightly to them. Unlike some other heroes they've seen and know, this underground hero wears a normal business suit with a white doctor's coat like any other normal medical professional. "My hero name is Psych, an underground hero like EraserHead here. My quirk allows me to dig into a person's head."

"So like a psychiatrist?" Ayoma questions with his signature twinkle. 

"Something like that," She says smiling back kindly. "My quirk enables me to see memories of the person I target. I will be able to view their life in clips to get a good idea of them. However, I can only do this 5 times a day before I am forced to recharge with sleep for a number of days depending on the target.

"As it is, I called Psych here to see if she could figure out what might have cause the sudden change with Bakugou and Midoriya. Hatsume has specially made a new support gear that will be able to let Psych target both of them at the same time so we don't waste her quirk use." Aizawa explains to his class as they come to settle down. Some shifting in their seats with some worry. "We will also be helping them by watching to see if it has to do with the class as a whole or something else entirely."

Hatsume places her hands on her hips with a proud grin. "I've tweak this baby to assist emitter type quirks." She pulls out three medium sized rings that hung on her tool belt and held it up. "All we have to do is get the three of them to place these rings on their head and turn my baby on! Psych's quirk will be directed to both targets and we'll have visual of what she's seeing in this very room like a holographic simulation pod. I worked with Power Loader Sensei to make it so it could project like we are really there!" She is basically jumping in her spot with excitement to see it work.

Aizawa looks to his problem students. "If you two are ready now, we can start and get this over with."

Said students gave each other unsure looks. Midoriya nervous while Bakugou didn't seem to want to. It wasn't until a few second later Midoriya got up to stand by Aizawa's desk.

"I'll do it by myself if Kacchan doesn't really want to do it."

"Hah? Don't just decide things by yourself nerd!" Bakugou up and about as he trudges up next to the teen. "I'll do it."

While Hatsume set the three up with her gear, the class decided to rearrange the desks so they have more of an open space to see how the projection goes more clearly. They pushed their desks off to the side or the back and stay standing in the clear open space.

Psych, Izuku, and Katsuki are seated in chairs. The two students sat next to each other while Psych sat across from them. They had the crown rings placed on their head and they thrummed to life when Hatsume turned it on.

"Relax," Psych tells them softly. Her voice lulling them to close their eyes as she continues to speak ever so gently. "Loose yourself and fall to your peaceful state."

Slowly they drift to sleep as her quirk is making its way into their open minds.

She closes her eyes as well and shivers a bit at the cold feeling of entering their mind. Entering a person's head, she is able to find herself in a library like area, the combination of two minds makes the library larger than usual to her. Psych goes to work on looking around at different bookcases in the now rather large library.

Walking down rows and rows of bookshelves she finds a rather strange section in the back of the library. In one half of the library, the shelves are lined with strange markings on the cases, in the next half over close by is ones with vines and greenery that give a mystic presence.

The one with the strange markings belongs to the blond one as she could tell from the orange flooring. It was way too obvious by the greenery in the other half of the area to know it belong to the more subtle of the two.

Outside the mindscape, the students wait patiently with their teachers for something to happen.

When it does they're very amazed by what they witness by the device's design.

With Psych's quirk at work, what she is seeing fills the room. The classroom had transformed into a blooming forest of greenery. A blue sky with some white clouds drifting over head. They could even hear some buzzing insects around their surrounding area.

"Whoa..." Uraraka says in awe looking around.

Hatsume's grin that her baby is working great excites her as she takes in the scenery around them. She then goes over to Psych to gently press a few small buttons on her crown before stepping back. "That should do! If they're speaking in a different lanague again than it should translate to Japanese when we hear them."

The two teachers nod as they are also in awe at the forest they have appeared in. "This is a beautiful place, huh Aizawa?" All Might says.

"I don't even recognize the location we're in." It's a bit strange since he hasn't really seen a forest like this anywhere in Japan. His job taking him almost everywhere but never stumbling where they are now.

Before All Might could even respond back, something pierces through the air. By instinct they dodge quickly. Both noticing the fast soaring arrow ramming straight ahead.

Mineta, who had been in the arrow's path, gasp when it soared right through him. His hands fumbling over his chest before crying in relief after seeing he was okay.

As for the arrow, it misses a near by rabbit with little dear antlers by a few inches. The close attack scaring the animal away back into the bushes.

"Oi brat! What did I say about using your weapons!?"

They, the students and teachers, look to the source to find a tall ash blond haired woman sporting an angry expression. A quick recognition by both teachers as they have met Bakugou's mother before. Yet that is not what caught their attention, it was her clothes that caught them off guard.

Her fashion a sense of some kind of tribal wear, a red tight binding crop top to cover her chest, black tattered skirt with a grey wrap around her waist. Hanging off her shoulders is a white furred, red cape in elegance like royalty. Her arms adored with arm bands and one sporting an orange arm sleeve. In one hand she held a wooden staff with a hooked top with feathers and beads held by string. Hanging off her neck were small beads and some kind of sharp fanged teeth.

Before Mineta could try to make a perverse comment, Asui was quick to hit him with her tongue so they could all remain focused on the clip.

"Shut it old hag! I'm practicing!"

That voice, familiar, yet younger to their ears.

Stepping out of the bushes is their classmate, albeit younger obviously four or five years of age. His strikingly spiked ash blond hair and scowl there as usual but soft for his age. His clothing only a few necklaces and back black trousers held up by a belt.

The woman slaps him upside the head and he is quick to recover to glare up at her. "Put it away. We're almost to the Midoriya House."

The little one grumbles as he stuffs his bow and arrows in their child size holder strung to his back. The parent and child walking towards the group and passing them without even a glance.

"They just passed right through."

"This is just a memory after all... right, kero?" Tsuyu questions with a tilt of her head watching as their scene moves along with the two blonds.

"Psych's quirk should be giving us clips of memories she picks up inside their heads." Aizawa knows how her quirk is suppose to work. Something like this is t expected for sure.

Looking at this he isn't really sure about the setting. It's different and isn't the modern time Midoriya and Bakugou were born. Tribal wear and the bunny they just say was out of the ordinary.

"This must be one of Bakugou's memories seeing as we're following after him in this clip," Hakagure voices out. Her invisible hands clapping together nervously.

The projection comes to a stop of the forest as they reach a clearing where a stone carved house is settled with a few ancient looking equipments are placed around the house. Things like a furnace, fencing, a wooden table, and chairs of the like surrounded by some floral decorations.

Bakugou's mother goes up to the door and knocks on the door. A muffled reply of 'Coming!' is said before the wooden door is opened.

They are met with the sight of another young woman with lush long green hair. A beautiful woman just like Bakugou's mom.

"Ah! Mitsuki you're here!" The woman says with surprise but overall happy at the same time.

"Inko!" Mitsuki exclaims just as happy and hugs the other woman tightly. The two laugh while the audience watches little Katsuki trying to peer into the house past their legs.

"Deku!" Katsuki calls out loudly while the women giggle at his attempts to call the other. "Come out! Let's go to our base!"

It was surprisingly domestic in some odd way when the little one calls for his childhood friend. He seemed a bit more kinder if they could kinda detail from this clip.

A soft patter of footsteps has the crowd curious. A bush of dark green hair is noticed first as the other kid who they know is a younger Izuku is shyly hiding behind his mother's leg. Inko giggles softly as she moves aside to reveal their young classmate. Her hand settling in his hair with a slightly caress.

"Kacchan!" Izuku says back happily with a closed eye smile. His emerald eyes opening back up with a childish shine representing pure innocence and admiration.

Katsuki wasn't afraid to grab for the boy's hands and pull him out of the doorway and away from the moms.

"Katsuki!" Mitsuki calls for him angrily as their getting away.

Katsuki only stops for a moment, not letting go of Izuku, as he sticks his tongue out as his mom in retort.

"Why I ought to-!"

"Now now Mitsuki," They hear Inko say in the distance as the boys leave from the site. It left the students and teachers with the knowledge that Izuku and his mother were the peace maker types to calm easily tempered people.

The scene goes as followed while students make small comments about how this seems like something out of a fantasy or a dream perhaps. The trail they're traveling isn't like any other and the bugs they have seen so far aren't something they've encountered either in the little ones' passing.

They stop at the base of a large tree with a hollow opening at the base. Inside we're little trinkets like stones, stored pelts of furs, and have used candles.

Little Izuku follows Little Katsuki up the tree he's climbing. A good height they find themselves up at the top of when settling on what they assumed is their hideout.

Like below in the cavity, their were also pelted furs laid out for a softer flooring of the tree's flattened top. There were books stationed under a little makeshift roof made from the large leaves of said tree. There were also a few sticks and rope stored near an outstretched branch with a view of Midoriya's home in the distance.

"Kacchan, what are we going to do today?"

"Obviously we're going to practice hunting." Katsuki had plopped himself down by the sticks and took off his bow carrier. Izuku coming over to sit across from him. A nice scene as the two are positioned just where they can see Izuku's house in the background. "I need to make more arrows first."

"But I don't think Aunty Mitsuki wants you doing that," Izuku says unsure as he picks up one of the sticks.

"Don't listen to her Deku. This is all for future training!" He proudly stands back on his feet and holds his small fist against his chest. "I'm going to be the King of the Dragon Tribes in the future after all!"

Izuku hums back still holding a worried and unsure expression on his face. "I'm just worried about you Kacchan."

"You don't need to worry about me," The little ash blond takes a step forward, hand catching Izuku by the front of his worn shirt. Pulling Izuku up a bit by the pull, Katsuki leans forward to bite at one of the boy's freckled plush cheek.

"Ow! Ow! Kacchan!" Izuku whines in slight pain.

Katsuki lets him go after he's made his point. He laughs while Izuku is wiping his cheek from the left over saliva. "I'm not a weak human like you Deku. You don't need to worry about me."

Izuku looks like he wants to reply back, retort even, but he merely sighs and lets his friend have the win. "I know, Kacchan. You're amazing as always."

Katsuki plops back down on his spot across from Izuku with a satisfied look with the boy’s response and picks the stick back up. He reaches into a small wooden bowl filled with sharpened stones. He picks up a string along the way and brings it back to his lap. Where he proceeds to make an arrow all by himself. Izuku does the same across from him using the same method to help make more.

A comfortable silence as they work until Izuku hums a pretty tune to the mix of their work.

It's then their audience is left back in their classroom as the clip of the little pair ended.

"Aww was that the end?" Mina whines since she wanted to keep watching.

"There's more, that just might be the end of the clip Psych chose to pull out." Aizawa says with crossed arms.

As it was after watching the clip, there seemed to be a mix up within Bakugou and Midoriya. The time of that clip was just not lining up with their modern time.

Would that explain the strange language Midoriya and Bakugou have been speaking all this time? And what was it Bakugou had said near the end?

About him not being human but a future king to a tribe, a dragon one of all things one would assume would only be found in a fantasy.

Chapter 3: Innkeeper, Witch, & Knight

Summary:

Surprising appearance of familiar faces, albeit strange to see in their young friends’ memory.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

It didn't take long for Psych to pull up another clip of a memory. This time it seem to come from Midoriya's memory as they find themselves following after his small form in a tribal area of some sort.

The location looks to be set in a valley with a few small sized dragons flying overhead. The occupants of the settlement wearing similar clothes to what they saw Katsuki and his mother wearing previously yet in different styles. 

Going into this chosen clip was rather sad to watch as it had been somewhat akin to what their green haired classmate had summarized of his and Bakugou's distancing relationship as young childhood friends.

The village children were very much to blame rather than the adults. They witnessed the bullying and the isolation of the small Midoriya Izuku by the small kids of said tribe was really heartbreaking to watch.

Words were said:

“Eh? Why is the weak human following us again?”

“Bakugou, he could get hurt you know. Humans are fragile from what I heard.”

“It’s too dangerous for him to be with strong dragon kin like us.”

“He’s useless here.”

Bakugou using his explosive quirk at a young age with many watching inflated his ego with all the supporters and praises of his so called friends. It was so surprising how physical they could see the distance growing just in this one clip.

At the moment, young Midoriya was pushed back by Bakugou to the grassy floor. A smug smirk on his face for a seven year old as they had judge for their age.

"What do you think you're doing, Deku?"

Izuku whines in a bit of pain but still makes eye contact with Katsuki. "I thought we were going to play together..."

The blond child isn't smirking anymore as he stares down at his childhood playmate blankly.

"Who would want to play with you." It wasn't even a question by Bakugou's tone. It was cold and almost emotionless save for the slight aggression building up. His hands faced palm up to the ceiling as he shows off his dangerous quirk. Warning explosions making the green haired child flinch. "Go home and don't come back. Nobody wants a useless kid like you around here anyways."

"K-Kacchan-"

A slightly more aggressive explosion scares Izuku.

"I won't say it again Deku."

The clip ending as Izuku hastily runs away from Katsuki and the tribe. 

Uraraka and Iida being the good friends they are to Izuku were the ones to reach out to their younger friend.

"Deku..."

"Midoriya..."

The clip had left a bitter taste in everyone's mouth.

Aizawa stares at the spot where the younger bakugou was once standing from the clip. He was mad alright. If that's how Midoriya and Bakugou's relationship has really started to falter, then they were going to have words once they figured out what's going on with them.

Another clip is opened up after a few minutes for them to follow along into the scene.

This time, they are once again following Midoriya, who is sitting in what seems to be a cozy tavern. Daylight streaming through the windows and people lively chattering about while being served by the barmaids.

"Midoriya-chan, off on another mission so soon?" A familiar voice brings their attention to one of the working ladies running the tavern.

"Ah, Tsu-chan," Midoriya rubs the back of his neck flustered seeing her as he nods slightly. "Yeah. There’s been some goblins messing with a village just southwest of here. They're looking for people to go help clear them out since they've been harassing the villagers for awhile now."

"Tsu-chan! Y-You're there!" Hakagure says surprised as she's pointing to her classmate's appearance.

The other Tsuyu standing just next to Midoriya's table with a hand on her hip. She wore a white, short, puff sleeve top with a dark green corset over it. A red and white pinstripe long skirt with a green apron held up by a brown leather belt. Her hair done in her usual style as they normally see everyday.

"I'm just waiting for Uraraka and Iida to show up so we can head out there together." Izuku smiles after telling her his reason for being in her tavern.

Tsuyu-chan smile softens after releasing a soft sigh. "Alright Midoriya-chan, but I must ask you to be careful on your journey. I've heard from my patrons lately that there have been some trouble as of late to travelers. Apparently there's a dragon lurking around the area."

"A dragon?" Izuku questions interested. "Don't they stay closer to the tribes associated to protecting and bonding with them? It's very rare to find out this far out, even if it's a rouge. Then again, dragons don't even approach this area at all." His mumbling habit going off for a moment which is no surprise to this Tsuyu or the class watching him.

Izuku shakes his head and returns his attention back at his friend. "Thanks for the information Tsu-chan. I'll keep it in mind and tell Iida and Uraraka too when they arrive."

"No problem, just do me a favor of staying safe. You're a big help here in my tavern every now and then. Plus you are my friend, remember?" She reminds jokingly.

Midoriya laughs with a smile. "Always."

"It seems you and Midoriya have a good relationship here." Jirou points out after analyzing their conversation.

Tsuyu smiles with a tilt of her head. "It's good to know that Midoriya-chan thinks so friendly of me, kero." 

The other Tsuyu leaves from his side to go back to tending to the other patrons of her tavern. At her leave the doors of the tavern open again to the reveal Izuku's friends.

The other Uraraka had been dressed in what to be a witch's clothing, if anything to tell from the oversize hat, wooden staff, and short cloak.

Other Iida dresses similarly to his hero costume, but more portrayed as a proud knight. His armor clean and in good shape too, by the glint of light hitting against his whiteish silver plating.

"Oh! Uraraka! Iida!" Izuku falls out to them as he stands from his seat to meet them at the door.

"Deku! Sorry we're late," The witch apologies sincerely. Uraraka meets eyes with her friend to smile as he does so back to her. "We got caught up on the way here. Apparently, Iida and I both forgot our waist pouches half way here."

Izuku waves his hand, "It's okay Uraraka, it's not like we're in a rush to get there. Plus it's important that you two have what you need for the mission."

"Midoriya is right Uraraka! Going into a fight unprepared is dangerous!" Knight Iida agrees full heartily with Izuku without a doubt.

The real Uraraka and Iida both look at each other and are just amazed by this version of themselves. They would have never have guessed to be playing these parts just from a clip from their friend's memory. Well at least they still think this is a memory.

Psych had explained to the class she would be opening clip memories for them to analyze. So why were they seeing something completely different from how they met or where they actually live?

It wasn't long that the trio in the clip leaves the tavern to head on their journey into the woods to their located mission sight.

Izuku talking to them as much as the two were putting words into the conversation. Some of the time it would just be the dark green haired teen mumbling to himself by habit before either Iida or Uraraka snap him out of it.

"Oh, I should tell you guys about what Tsu-chan warned me about before you guys came into the tavern." At the realization, Izuku had forgotten the warning he was told. He shakes his head for not remembering it and stops to face his friends. "Apparently there's been word among travelers that a dragon was sighted near the surrounding area."

Iida holds at his chin in thought as he hums. "That's rare... They don't usually stray from Tribes dedicated to protecting them. Usually they stay to the South too where one of the Major Tribal Kingdoms is settled."

"Eh? Wait, are Dragons not common here?" Uraraka asks purely looking confused at her two friends.

"Oh that's right. You're from the southeast lands, right?" Iida says as the three of them continue to talk this time.

The witch nods in confirmation. "My family owns a small farm a little far off from a Tribal Kingdom associated with dragons. At the most it would take a week's time to travel to the kingdoms to do trade or buy supplies. It was common for us to see dragons flying overhead sometimes or hitch a ride when a tamer offers." She comes to explain the reoccurrence of dragons every now and then to and from her small village.

"It's really a surprise to hear it now after living in the village for some time now. I guess that's why it was strangely more quiet than usual."

Both Midoriya and Iida chuckle at her words at the shift of culture and lifestyle it must have on here. Not as a bad thing, don't get them wrong. The situations is rare to them, but understand they are teaching her the usual lifestyle where she lives now.

"Dragons are truly rare here," Izuku informs her before he starts explaining it to her. "Since were live near the Todoroki Kingdom, more civilized lifestyle as the King has emphasized, large beast aren't usually welcomed since they could destroy too many of the buildings and equipments we normally use. As signed in the long going treaty between the Kingdoms, dragons are only allowed into the main Kingdoms of non-Tribal ways if said Kingdom invites any Tribal Kingdom for formal events such as treaty signing, formal events, or higher gathering of Kings and Queens. However, the number of Dragons able to attend are also limited to 5 or lesser in accompanying their said ruler or rulers."

It was a lot for the class to process Izuku's explanation, just like his friends in the clip, but they were able to still understand the gist. More or less Dragons were expected to be kept out of the civilized kingdoms unless for special events in accompany of ruler. A small group still required of five or less.

“Todoroki Kingdom? That would mean that Todoroki’s family are royalty during the time of this memory clip.” Mom looks back to Todoroki who shakes his head with his emotionless face.

“I don’t recall being a royal person or having royal heritage.” The bi-colored haired student states.

On the other hand the Bakusquad is going about dragons and tamers.

"Dragons and Tamers... That would be so manly!" Kirishima exclaims at the idea from what he gathers from the conversation. "Midoriya said something about bonding relating to them too right? I wonder what that's about?"

Denki just as excited nods as he starts fantasying about the idea. "Dude just thinking about it would be so cool! To be able to bond and have a dragon as a partner! You just have each other's back and protect one another through trust."

"Something smart to hear from Kaminari for once," Jirou jokes to Momo who chuckles lightly in agreement.

Back to the trio, they were unaware of a crimson gaze watching them.

Only to be wary once a noticeable snap of a twig is broken under something's foot. Not to mention the noticeable thump that shook the earth they walked on. Izuku, Uraraka, and Iida were on full alert and were in formation in battle ready stances.

The rustle of trees behind them makes them turn their heads to the source.

The students with some have it some mouths agape, while the teachers went wide eyed at the massive red dragon revealing itself to them.

"D-Dragon," Izuku stutters out as her stares up at it. He can't even bring his hand down to pull out his sword. The teen couldn't tell if it was because of fear or something else.

The dragon fully leaves the cover of the trees and bushes to fully show its full form. Large the creature is, the beast didn't even make a move to attack but look at them curiously instead.

"Don't move," Izuku voices to his friends calmly. "Don't attack. Doesn't seem hostile." His words short as possible not to cause trouble.

The red dragon lowers its head down to look at them. First going to Iida and giving him a few sniffs before going to Uraraka doing the same.

Upon taking a whiff of Izuku, the dragon's eyes seem to widen from what everyone in the room could tell. They held their breaths as the dragon's maw opens up.

Their worries and bated breaths released with relief when the beast licks up Izuku's figure seemingly pleased and a bit playful? Puppy-like almost, an oversized one at that.

Midoriya seemed just as surprised than his own friends who watched them wide eyed.

The dragon lets out a low throaty purr, seemingly smiling happily the best of a creature like itself could do. It's head lowering to the ground and looking at Midoriya like it knows him.

"Deku, does this dragon know you?" Uraraka asks as she slowly moves to the side to see the dragon from a side view. 

Izuku's arms are up and trying to wipe at the left over saliva from his face. Also trying his best to fix his hair from being slicked up front. "Uh, I'm not sure... I don't remember meeting a dragon like this one before."

"It does seem fond of you, Midoriya," Iida says from the other side of the dragon's head. His eyes observing the dragon's behavior as he disregards being on guard for a moment.

Carefully, Izuku steps forward to place his gloved hand on the tip of the red dragon's snout who purrs more in delight.

Slowly the dragon then starts to shrink and shift before them.

Izuku pulling his hand back to stare just like everyone else in the room.

In the Red Dragon's place stood a human now.

A stark naked one at that.

"K-K-Kirishima!?"

Notes:

short but on coming chapters will be longer

Chapter 4: Red Dragon & Reunion

Summary:

The class meets a dragon shifter and see their class duo reunite in their memories

Chapter Text

"K-K-Kirishima?!" Mina exclaims from her spot next to Sero who is trying to calm her down.

Although that was very hard when said copy of the boy is stark naked, birthday suit on full display.

The real Kirishima flushing redder than his hair as he tries to get in front of his copy's self to give him some kind of modesty cover up. "Don't look guys!"

The girls had their hands over their eyes the moment they snapped out of their shock about what was going on with the shifting of dragon Kirishima. Guys were either laughing or wheezing in the background for the unfortunate event.

They heard Uraraka shriek in surprise, not the real one but the witch version of herself who cannot really under do what she had seen. Her hat pulled over her eyes while Midoriya and Iida were rushing to find something to cover the other teen.

"Oh my goodness! Put this on!" Midoriya exclaims in a rush of words while tossing the extra clothing to Kirishima.

"That's right, I need to cover up in this form," The red head says slowly like he just remembers it's the most normal thing to do. They give him some space to cover up before he comes back out in Iida's extra casual wear a little loose on him given the height difference. "I'm sorry about that miss witch."

Uraraka waves it off as she's fanning and cooling herself off from the surprising event. "It's not like you're a pervert doing on purpose, so I'll let it go."

The dragon turned human rubs the back of his neck still looking apologetic before his sights are on Izuku again. "Midoriya, I haven't seen you in such a long time man. I really missed you when you stopped visiting."

Izuku looks back at him confused as if he didn't understand what the dragon was saying. "I'm sorry, have we meet before?" He fidgets a bit under the crimson gaze of the newcomer. "Not to be rude or anything but I don't remember ever knowing you."

"I mean it's been so long, so I guess you forgot." Something about the shifter's smile seemed so sad but understanding expression at Midoriya's form. "You helped saved me from getting killed when we were young."

"What..." The real Kirishima said looking at his copy. He didn't understand until his other version explained for them.

"I was a young dragon at the time who wondered aimlessly after my mother had been taken down by a rouge. A small dragon you sheltered and feed many winter cycles ago if that helps you remember me." The shifter tells Midoriya who is coming to a slow realization as if evidently settles on his face.

"Small red dragon bigger than my hand, the size of a larger than an average cat. Malnourished from what my mother told me after she and auntie checked you." His eyes look up from the ground now knowing.

"Kiri?"

Said dragon teen grins wholeheartedly at his friend.

"I go by Kirishima Eijiro now, but yeah. I'm still the same old Kiri you saved years ago." Kirishima goes up to Midoriya and encases him in a big old hug. Izuku also takes the chance to hug him back with some tears in the corners of his eyes. His traveling companions temporarily forgotten about.

"You're taller than me now," Izuku says shakily with a laugh. He really trying not to cry, really he doesn't want to but he's so emotional like his mother. "It's been so long."

"Yeah," Kirishima says with a soft expression of fondness.

Izuku eyes land on his friend looking at him and the dragon shifter confused after a couple of minutes later. He lets go of Kirishima to introduce the childhood dragon he had taken care of once. "Uh, guys this shifter was a dragon I helped saved when I was a kid."

Kirishima gives a hearty salute like greeting as he hits his fist lightly over the left side of his chest. "Kirishima Eijiro, a red dragon shifter from the Tribal Kingdoms. Please call me how you wish!"

"It's nice to meet you Kirishima," Uraraka says with a kind smile. "I'm Uraraka Ochaco! A freelance Witch living near the Todoroki Kingdom."

"It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'm Iida Tenya, a Knight of the Todoroki Kingdom." Iida goes a formal bow which Kirishima laughs at in a good friendly way. "If I may ask, what's your close relation to Midoriya?"

"Ah, Midoriya here is friends with my bonded tamer. One winter solstice way back then, they found me almost at death's door. They picked me up and did everything to get me healthy again." The red head explains now nuzzling the adorable teen still encased in his arms. Izuku awkwardly letting the dragon being affectionate towards him. "I vowed to protect them after I had gotten better... but for some reason I lost track of you." His questionable eyes on said boy.

Midoriya sighs as he frees himself from the strong shifter'a hold. His emerald eyes meeting crimson ones apologetically. "I'm sorry Kiri. I... Kacchan and I had a fallout back then when you were away. At the same time my Mom had plans to move closer to the Todoroki Kingdom for work."

"Deku, you're from the south too?" Uraraka asks surprised, sidetracking the conversation between the two teens. She looks to want to ask about the Kacchan person but kept it held back like Iida seem to be doing. She didn't want to pry on the topic seeing as her friend didn't seem to want to talk about it.

Izuku nods his head a bit like he's answering 'kinda.' "My Mom and I lived in a stone house on the border of a tribal territory and a civil human territory. We didn't really consider ourselves southerners or northerners but we were wholly accepted and welcomed by the tribal group we lived near at the time. It was mostly because my mom is great friends with the chief leading them. My mother works with herbs so we would make all sorts of remedies for them and trade off what they could offer in return."

The class got caught in a brief flashback as the scene changes to the inside of a home. Fireplace alit while a young Midoriya is grinding herbs against stone as his mother is by the boiling pot watching it every so often, at the same time wrapping up medicine in pouches or filling them into glass bottles.

It fades back to the current time of the memory of the four teenagers in the clearing path of the forest.

"I was young when I moved here so it was easier for me to transition to the northern lifestyle just outside the kingdom." His shoulders shrug lightly before returning to their original posture.

"That's amazing Midoriya. I would have never have guessed unless you told me directly." Iida said in awe. When he had met Midoriya he thought of him a boy who was raised in the north rather than the south. Then again it would explain some questionable actions his friend had portrayed back then. "That would explain why you weren't embarrassed to bath so openly in the river back then."

Izuku's cheeks flush pink as he waves both his hands in defense. "Iida stop! I thought we weren't going to bring that up anymore!"

Uraraka and Iida laugh while Kirishima tilts his head with a smile of confusion to the action. Izuku was just thankful he didn't ask about it.

"Anyways, what brings you out here Kirishima?" Izuku asks to change the topic before it could worsen, for him that is.

"I was sent out by the Queen to retrieve a package from the north," The shifter answers now crossing his arms. "Apparently your mother is the one with the package for her. I've been wandering for a couple of days lost since I couldn't catch either of your scents like I thought I could track. Kinda wish I asked for directions before I left." He rubs the back of his neck a bit embarrassed.

Izuku blinks a couple of time at the mention. Then he makes a face. "Wait! I think I have it!"

The teen shifts his sack to his front to dig into the contents of the bag. He pulls out a small pale colored drawstring bag.

"Mom said someone was coming to pick it up, so she thought I could hand it off to them if I met them along the way. She has a backup at home in case I didn't see them."

Kirishima took the bag into his hands and took a sniff. He didn't open it to know it's contents since he has his more heightened senses. "Oh yeah, this is her Highness's package. The item has her scent on it so this must be what I was suppose to pick up." He was going to put it away when he remembers he doesn't have his usual clothing. "No carrier..."

"I don't think you need to worry about it when you're in dragon form Kirishima." Izuku tried to ease the red head.

The shifter perks up at an idea that comes to mind. "How about I take you guys where you need to go? This way I can head straight home in my dragon form."

"We don't wanna ask you too much of that Kiri."

"I insist!" Kirishima exclaims with positively excited eyes. "Where are you guys heading to anyways?"

"The village down south to the west of here." Iida answers before Izuku has the chance to once again deny.

Kirishma grins as he runs off to the bushes to strip. The witch of the group obviously now quicker to cover her eyes at the knowledge of what the shifter is doing. He comes back padding back out in his dragon form and lowers his body down for them. Cocking his head back and forth to motion for them to get on happily.

Izuku resigns to the psyched out dragon's insistence to let him give them a ride to their destination. He lets out a little happy breath knowing somethings don't change. He is the last to board the dragon after his friends get up. His sits at the front, base of the dragon's neck.

"Alright Kiri, you win again." His hand coming to pat the side of the dragon's neck.

The red dragon huffs in delight and spreads his massive wings open to the sky. Then taking off to the air to shorten the distance of their destination just as the clip is cut out.

The classroom returns to its original state momentarily. They hear Psych exhale tiredly signaling she had woken up.

"Don't wake the boys up, I still have four uses left if you want me to continue using my quirk on them. It's easier for my quirk to work when their asleep and relaxed." She says as her eyes open back up to greet their questioning gazes. They seem to have a lot of questions to ask her judging by the clips she had so far chosen. "Is something the matter?"

"Psych, these memory clips differ from our current time. They all seem like something out of a fantasy." All Might was the one to say from beside Midoriya's sleeping body.

"Believe it or not, those memory clips you have been seeing are their memories." Her hands laid atop of one another on her lap. She then explains her quirk to give them more of an inside of what she's doing while using her quirk. "When I use my quirk, I usually enter a library of sorts that contain memories in forms of books. I walk around and find the ones that seem different from usual."

"Then what was the difference in their libraries that got you to pick up those clips?" Aizawa asks.

Psych points to the wooden book shelves in the back of the classroom. "The library bookcases containing the memories you've recently watched are different. This one's strange bookshelves in the back," She points to Katsuki saying this. "Are etched with strange carvings. Some are drawings mixed with strange lettering from what I've seen. As for this boy," Psych said pointing to Izuku lastly. "His strange bookshelves aligned with the first row of the blond's strange shelves. They were covered with vines and greenery, a mystic presence surrounding them."

The hero sets her hand back down on her lap with an interested expression to the boys. "The only explanation I can have for this strange phenomenon is perhaps having repressed old memories of their past life." She concludes to the people in the room.

"You mean like, a second life, being reborn, and reincarnation? Stuff like that?" Shoji, their tallest classmate, questions.

"On the dot boy. Although it is a very rare occurrence for people to experience, despite some videos of people claiming to regain memories of their old life. Quirks relating to reincarnation, very very rare, don't even come close to the natural process either if it does happen."

"Then that must mean the strange language from Midoriya and Bakugou have been used in their past life," Iida said following along and connecting the dots as they go. It would explain so much but their actions were still in question.

Psych looks at the two boys across from her with unsure of how they even started tapped into their old life memories. She shakes her head and tries not to dwell on the idea to much. The situation at hand is just probably a play of life if she bets anything. The entity of it likely messing around with people whether they like it or not.

"Shall I continue?" She asks looking to Aizawa for permission to go on with the viewing.

Aizawa nodding firmly once. "Proceed, we still need more information so we can report this back to the boys and figure out how to handle their new memories when they regain consciousness. As tiresome and problematic as it is, we will be the ones who have to clean up after them."

Psych chuckles as she gets the hint that the raven haired underground hero cares for his students. She breaths in and relaxes as she closes her eyes, the power of her quirk flowing through her once again.

When she reopens her eyes she finds herself back in the double sized library once more. Heading back to the blond's strange shelves, she decides to pick book with an interesting cover this time from the middle shelves.

On the conscious reality, the class is once more transported into another location of a memory clip chosen.

This time they were in a tunnel of some sort.

"YOU FUCKERS! LET ME OUT!"

The familiar loud voice of their explosive classmate catches their attention quickly. The yell followed by popping explosions from the teen's hands.

"It's Bakugou!" Mina points out happily.

"Then this must be from his memory then," Denki said peeking out from behind Kirishima. The explosions from before had slightly scared him making him retreat behind the red head.

"Tsk," The blond turns around revealing his half naked form. Nothing had changed much from what they saw in his younger child form in clothing. He wore dark blue pants with knee guards held up by a black belt, white combat type boots lined with fur. Added that he now wore a brown vest that really didn't cover much, orange arm sleeves, more tribal necklaces, and red cape with white fur lining the top.

Not only that but he had gained muscle resulting in a well toned body from what they assume is from regular training. They even noticed a tribal tattoo on his shoulder, behind his waist sat a sheath holder with a midsized blade as a covered weapon.

"Shitty Hair is sent off who knows where by the hag and I can't get him to fly his ass down here by force through the bond to get me out of here." The barbarian lets out a few more pops of his explosive quirk. "Just wait until I get him for this."

The real Kirishima shivers despite the threat not really intended for him. Mentally thinking it be best that his past counterpart stay on the line for the time being.

Then the iron bars he had been trying to open finally lifted up to allow him to get out of the tunnel he was trapped in. The blond takes a step out of the tunnel with a watchful eye like a careful predator taking in its new surroundings.

"Where the fuck am I?" Katsuki mutters lowly as he looks around.

"Kacchan...?"

The familiar voice of their green haired friend reaches their ears. All eyes look across the room to see Izuku in the same clothes he had worn in the last memory clip albeit a little rumpled up with some cut in the fabric.

Katsuki's response to the questioning call made him freeze in place. Then slowly turns his body to meet a familiar emerald colored gaze.

Both of them so equally surprised to see each other here and now.

"Deku-"

'We welcome the two humans to our trial.' A voice containing multiple voices speaks within the underground cavity. 'We offer this trial to pass down our legacy and ambitions to those worthy of the next generation.'

Katsuki growls as he looks around and pulls his dagger from its sheath. Wielding it in front of him in defense. Izuku doing the same as he pulls the sword from its own carrier hanging on his waist belt.

"The hell is going on?! Let us out of here!" Bakugou isn't afraid to yell at the voice knowing he could fully well take them on. He was getting out of here alive, that's final.

"Don't aggravate them!"

"Don't tell me what to do!"

The voice cuts them off before anymore words can be exchanged between them. 'Both will face the trail we offer in this room. Succeed and you will be blessed by us then allowed to leave.' The soft voice turning deep and scary next saying, ‘Fail and the consequences of your actions will come to judge punishment upon you. Both will be trap here for eternity until death.'

Katsuki could already hear the nerd across from him muttering up at storm. So he just shouts at the voice aggressively to get on with it already.

"Then bring it on you disembodied son of a hag troll!"

"You're gonna make it worse!"

"Do you wanna die in this shit hole?!"

They stumble back when they heard rock against rock grinding against each other. Menacing laughter and resounding giggles echo around the room.

Rocky gates were being opened and voids of darkness that were revealed are soon showing red eyes peering back at them.

Stepping into the light, the class can see different types of monsters enter the arena like area Bakugou and Midoriya had occupied. Some wielding weapons like swords, maces, axes, or some type of spear while most others remain weaponless.

One goblin even had the galls to taunt Bakugou who in response gave him the middle finger back.

Izuku is looking wary of the number of enemies entering the room. One got impatient and ran to him as it's first attempt to kill.

Izuku dodges quickly and attacks with his sword to the back of the monster. The blood splattering to the mossy stone pavement made some of the students recoil at the action but reminded themselves that these are monsters out to kill their two friends for their blood.

Katsuki, by the looks of his swift swing of the midsized sword going forward, manages to take down a brutal four count of enemies. All taller than him in a span of five minutes. Then some of the blood of his fallen kill blotches his cheek but he doesn't seem to care.

"Come at me!" He taunts them with an expression akin to glee in a current Bakugou fashion.

The class watches the two take down their enemies one or more at a time in a series of swipes, pushes, a few strong kicks and punches. Bakugou didn’t hesitate to use his quirk in the enclosed space fully reducing the number of opponents. Some blood painted the floor but not too gruesome to stomach.

Izuku is left panting as he tries to catch his breath. "Kacchan..." He said almost breathless in attempts to get the other boy's attention. However, his eyes widen at a large Minotaur approaching his distracted fighting partner currently facing against the same type from behind.

"Look out!"

It just happened all so fast and some could not even process the scream of one of their classmates. Their ash blond friend turns a second later to see Midoriya meeting the head of the Minotaur's wooden bat to the arm.

A resounding crack reaching their ears as Izuku is hit off to the stone wall to the left of them like a foul ball in a baseball game.

"Midoriya!" 

"Deku!"

The calls coming from the class with horrified voices filled with concern.

As for Bakugou, his ruby eyes had widen as he looks from the human who had taken a hit for him to the fucking murderous culprit. Something seemed to snap.

All their classmates could see were blinded rage as the monster was brutally killed with no mercy whatsoever. Not only that, the rest of the monsters as well before they could even try to reach Deku's fallen figure on the ground.

When all is quiet, saved for Katsuki's labored breathing to catch his breath, he goes over to Izuku to check on him. He squats down and checks the arm that had been hit and the ribs on the same side in case they too were also broken.

Midoriya gave a pained groan, a sign that he was not dead and still with the living much to everyone's relief.

"Pulling a shitty move like that... I could have handled it idiot." It was left unsaid in that moment that he really, absolutely, didn't need the nerd's help. He could have handled the sneak attack all by himself. "Oi, can we fucking leave now?" He asks, surprisingly calm this time.

‘May our blessing be with you both. We see a bright future ahead for what fate and destiny has laid out for both of you.’

The disembodied voice stops speaking and the arena they were in opens a new entrance. A breeze making its way into the open space.

Bakugou picks up the nerd carefully to not disturb the broken arm and possibly broken ribs. His cape taken off to act as a blanket to cover the teen up in his arms to keep him warm.

‘Peace to your futures.’

The Barbarian doesn't say anything about the last words as he exits the god forsaken trial room. Trekking through the long tunnel until he sees light at the other end. The wind more picked up and the sound of rustling tall grass from the breeze.

He blinks a couple of times to adjust to the light before scowling as usual. Bakugou goes under the willow tree near by and sets Midoriya down, back against the trunk of the tree.

"You better answer this call," The ash blond seem to mutter as he crosses his arms. Ruby eyes falling close for a moment before opening up when he seemingly made a point.

In the mean time, Katsuki picks up a few fallen twigs from the ground to make a makeshift campfire. He had pulled out two flint stones from one of his belt pouches to strike up the fire. Using his explosions would just strain him after all the fighting from earlier.

Later they hear the flapping of wings in the distance. A large red dragon in sight to the students. Bakugou not even turning around to acknowledge said beast when it lands close.

"Your ass is grass when we get home."

The red dragon lets out a whine as it lowers its head submissively. Bakugou looking over his shoulder briefly to see the dragon giving a sorry look, pleading akin to the term puppy eyes.

The ash blond doesn't give a fuck as he stands up, hands dusting off the front of his pants. He goes to the other teen still wrapped in his cape warmly by the tree trunk.

Turning around the dragon has a better look at what his tamer is carrying and his tail wags at the sight.

"Don't get excited, just hurry up and let me get on. He's injured."

Comically the dragon's eyes widen.

"Not a word."

Kirishima, the dragon shifter, really looks like he wants to say something but abides to Bakugou's words. He lets him climb into his back to sit at the base of his dragon form's neck.

The dragon shifter takes to the air once more and the journey all the way back to the Kingdom is silent.

The students refocused on their surroundings as they see a kingdom in the distance.

It was truly a sight to behold.

Chapter 5: Prince and Extras (Friends)

Summary:

The class gets into the next clip situated in the Main Central Tribal Kingdom’s palace of Draconia. After that they get to see more familiar faces.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

The clip had faded around them as Psych pulls out another one from a different shelf.

Again they find themselves with Midoriya who is currently resting on a cot covered with fur as its soft padding. His arm wrapped in tight bandages like a makeshift cast and more wrapped around his bare mid torso from what they assess is from the battle in the cave.

His eyes flutter open as he slowly comes to from sleep. He groans and moves his head from side to side trying to take in his surroundings.

"W...Where?"

"Oh you're awake now?" The familiar voice of their resident healer reaches them. The white curtains are pushed aside to see Recovery Girl with a carved down walking stick in hand to help her walk. "You've been out for awhile since arriving, Young Midoriya."

"Miss Chiyo," Izuku said seeing her, an expression of recognition lighting up his face. His expressions softens to a smile of fondness.

"It's been years since I've seen you child. How is your mother?" She asks respectfully.

"She's been very well ma'am," The boy responds as he tries to sit up. He goes slow to not disturb his healing process. Once seated up right, Recovery Girl passes him a cup of water. He drinks using his uninjured hand and feels slightly refreshed. "Seeing you here must mean I'm back in the south."

The small woman hums as she nods her head. "Young Bakugou brought you to me all beaten up. He explained that you two got trapped somewhere near the border and had to endure a rough trial."

The class could see her great concern by mentioning the event. She looked scared but over all relieved that what happened is now in the past. 

"It was a surprise that such a thing existed." Izuku looked amazed but at the same time curious. He would have definitely stayed to learn more of the underground ring if it was truly deserted. "I had been with some friends to do a mission in a village down south of my town when I got separated from the group. Next thing I know, I'm in a tunnel with Kacchan of all things." He shakes his head.

"How the spirits bless you for both your safety to return alive." Recovery Girl takes back the cup when Izuku remembers to give it back. She sets the cup on the bedside table lightly. "On a different topic, her Highness would like to see you at once. She made it a clear order to have you in the throne room after you woke up."

"Her Highness?" Izuku questions with a slight tilt of the head in confusion. "But aren't we in the Valley of Dragons?"

"Midoriya, we are in the Main Central Tribal Kingdom of the South. The Kingdom of Draconia to remind you rightfully so. You are in my main care unit in the castle."

"Eh?" The boy said in full surprise. "B-But what am I doing here?! I thought Kacchan would have taken us back to his tribe in the Valley."

"Things have changed dear, although the tribe in the Valley of Dragons still exists. Over time some of us had to move."

"Miss Chiyo..."

"Worry not young Midoriya, although some of us have moved doesn't mean we changed too drastically."

The old woman gives him a smile and steps aside to let the boy get onto his feet. Slowly he does with a few winces here and there.

"Think you can go? I can tell her Highness you still need time to heal."

Izuku is quick to shake his head. "I can do it. The pain should lessen with some time walking it off."

Then sound of heavy footsteps approach the door and said person stomps in with a scowl.

"Kacchan!?"

The taller male doesn't speak for a moment as he walks up to the other. His eyes looking at his form from top to bottom. His eyes somewhat lingering on the bandages briefly before looking annoyingly pissed.

What surprised them the most is how he man handled Izuku to throw him over his shoulder like a pack of potatoes to carry.

"Ow! Ow! Ow!" Their friend whines as the class watches him carrying him out with Recovery Girl getting out last words to Bakugou to be carful with him scoldingly. He might ruin the healing process of his broken arm and ribs after all.

"Young Bakugou! Please be mindful of Young Midoriya injuries!" All Might says worried as he circles around the memory images of his two students. Of course it goes unheard as Bakugou just walks past him not even hearing a single thing.

"Kacchan, it hurts..." Izuku quietly says with a whine.

"Would you rather crawl to the throne room or just be damn grateful I'm carrying you there?!"

That got Midoriya to clamp him mouth shut. Both gloves hands pressed firmly against his lips to shit up. Yet it didn't stop his eyes from looking around. First it watched Katsuki's cape for sometime and then to the walls of the hall. Sometimes furniture before it went out of view.

The class find themselves entering a large throne room that Bakugou has kicked it's large double door to enter.

"Katsuki! What did I tell you about kicking open the doors?!" A woman they see sitting on one of the two thrones exclaims angrily as she stands up from her seat. Her arms crossed and her expression nothing but a similar scowl to their ash blond friend.

The woman none other than Bakugou's mother as they have come to remember. She didn't seem to change all that much from how she was when the two boys were kids in the older memories.

Yet this is the part where Hatsume was checking the device to see the translation part of the device was being used. She did a few things to a double check what see was seeing on the monitors to grin in amusement.

"Oh oh~ I see! This is where Bakugou and Midoriya get their weird language from." She's rubbing at her chin while she amuses the thought of her device doing perfectly to translate to the class as though the woman hadn't spoken Japanese.

"Quiet old hag! You do the same damn thing as well!" The younger of the two blonds retorts while pointing back accusingly at her. 

The man sitting on the other throne raises both his hands trying to pacify the two with a smile. "Now, now you two. Lets not start another argument."

Izuku, on the other hand, seems to recognize the voice of the lady as he lifts his head. He looks over to see said woman who meets his green gaze. "Aunty Mitsuki?"

"Izuku! It's been so long!" The now named woman said happily as she waved at him. "You've gotten so big since I last saw you."

Katsuki sets Izuku back on his feet to face the two people he's familiar with. He could already see the shifty eyes of his childhood playmate looking to his parents, the building, and clothes. One by one connecting the dots as a sense of terror comes up on his face.

"W-Wait! T-T-Then the Main R-Royal Family of the Tribal Kingdoms is-"

The other teen is quick to hit him upside the head to stop making a fool of himself. "Fucking yes you idiot. Stop with the damn stuttering."

While Izuku still seems to freaking out, Mitsuki and her son are having another stare down for hitting their green haired guest.

Mitsuki looks back to Izuku with a more softer expression as she begins to explain why they are where they are. "Izuku, as you have figured out, We are the Main Royal Family of the Tribal Kingdoms. You remember how we kept coming back to Dragon Valley every summer to stay until and fall correct?"

Izuku quietly nods since he couldn't find himself to trust his voice at the moment. He really didn't want to say anything stupid in front of them.

"Well we have a summer home there and I took Katsuki there to relax with the villagers in that smaller tribe to get away from his studies for a few months. My husband would stay here and hold the fort in our absence although he did visit sometimes as I'm sure you can remember."

Izuku agrees, "Yes, I remember. Uncle Masura was the one who would often visit the village then head back for work for long periods of time."

Mitsuki hums as she rests her hand on her hip. She steps down the throne steps and comes over to the boys with a soft smile. "Your mother knew about our status but it was by my request that she kept it to herself so Katsuki could have at least one friend that didn't like him only for his status of royalty."

"Aunty...," Izuku looks at her sadly for a moment before glancing to Katsuki standing at the bottom of the throne stairs with crossed arms looking indifferent of the whole conversation. "I guess that would explain why Kacchan would always say he was  going to become the next Dragon King when ever we played together as kids."

The woman pinches her son’s cheek affectionately which is revived with a scowl and pull back action. "All the praises he got when he was small got to his head is all. He just needs to learn to be more level headed."

"I heard that hag!"

"Like it's not true brat!"

The class could see Midoriya and Bakugou's father smiling knowingly that this conversation would turn to a shouting match. Which it does for a short while before Katsuki drags Izuku out of the throne room to get away from his parents. Their green hair classmate waving goodbye to them and to see them again sometime.

Instead of being carried, Midoriya is following after the hot tempered blond down the corridor of the palace. The openings of the corridor giving them a view over the kingdom they're in.

The class awed at the scene as dragons of different sizes and species fly about or rest on some designated pedestals. Villagers were sometimes interacting with them or going about daily business below.

"Kacchan," They heard Deku say while they walked. "I know you told me not to come back... so I'm sorry about all this."

The ash blond stops making his following companion stop in his tracks as well. "It's not like you knew any of that shit would happen. Get over it and forget about it." His head not turning back once to look back at the other.

"Even so, you made it clear when we were kids." Midoriya said as his free hand clutches the hem of his green vest. His head tilted down and expression pained and apologetic. "I will leave as soon as I can."

It was them Katsuki turns around with a hardened glare. "Don't you fucking dare leave Deku! You're even more useless broken like you are now."

"But Kacchan-"

"Not another word from you! I am fucking ordering you, as Prince of this Kingdom, to stay in this damn building until you are fully healed!" He marched right up to the boy and gave him a familiar action to the cheek. A bite of all things their classmates and teachers have seen done previously in the first clip they had watched.

Midoriya's good hand quick to place itself on the taller boy's shoulder as he weakly pushes to get away. He whines a the familiar pain, added his injures. Again he lets Katsuki wins as he stops pushing.

The ash blond releases the bite and meets him eye to eye. Ruby to emeralds.

"Stay."

Midoriya breaks eye contact and looks down.

"Yes Kacchan."

The memory clip fades as Katsuki stands before Izuku with crossed arms with a firmly and Izuku look down resigned.

"That was something," Sero comments, a little unsure of the interaction between the two students.

"It seems like Bakugou got protective of Midoriya near the end. Although I'm not quite sure if it was that parse." Momo observe the interaction the best she could. She really did like it was learning from hero training.

Asui tapped at her cheek when she spoke about Bakugou's habit of biting their friend on the cheek. "And the biting on the cheek is a bit weird, don't you think? Kero."

"I mean we did see it in the first clip, oui," Aoyama reminds.

"Maybe it's a tribal thing?" Kirishima offers onto the table of suggestions.

"That could be it," Iida said holding his chin. "As we learned so far, Midoriya is a human and Bakugou is something diverging of human but closely to another species. Perhaps their customs are different from human ones which would explain Bakugou's action of biting him on the cheek. However, I want to comment that it is still unsanitary to do such a thing, even now." His arms moving accordingly with his usually choppy motions.

Hatsume then decides to but in to them them about the language translation in the device. "It has come to my attention that my baby has encountered that weird language you guys were interested about. During the whole conversation side the memory throne room, everyone in the room was speaking said language."

"Then that would mean," All Might said realizing what she was getting to.

The pink haired teen nods happily with a full on smile. "The language is Bakugou's Tribe's old way of speaking. Possibly the official language of the Southern Tribal Kingdoms they spoke about."

Aizawa hums in thought. That would make sense as the dots are connecting and lining up with their information so far. Both Midoriya and Bakugou grew up together, the tribe welcoming of the two humans who lived at their border. Them becoming friend but having a slight language barrier, albeit young are quick to learn a new language to quickly understand one another.

Before another conversation could trail them off, it would seem Psych has pick their next clip.

The classroom transformed into a different tavern from the first. Some small sized dragons resting inside, barmaids tending to their patrons who chattered with jolly laughs here and there.

They find Bakugou and Midoriya seated at a table near a window to their right. Both nursing their cup of some kind of drink they do not know.

Thankfully it would seem as Midoriya's arm had gotten a whole lot better than last time they had seen it. There was still some light bandages evident wrapped around the wrist of his right arm showing. 

"When is Kiri arriving?" They heard Midoriya asks.

"He said he would be soon Deku. Are you really in that much of a rush to head home?" Bakugou ask swirling his cup around to mix his drink.

Izuku sighs as he sets his cup down. "You know how my mom worries."

"The Hag sent her a letter informing her of your injuries and the need to stay here." He took a swig of his drink.

"Doesn't matter and you know it." Izuku said with knowing how his own mother is. Katsuki as well since he also experienced how worried Miss Midoriya can get.

A little brown dragon with a body of a serpent slides up close to Midoriya's hand and nuzzles the white of his glove affectionately. The green haired student allows the dragon serpent to slither up his arm and wrap around his shoulders like a loose scarf.

A soft smile graces his face as he lightly pets the small beast.

Bakugou is strangely quiet as he watches the interaction between the two. He then sets his cup down to offer his hand to the dragon draped around the others neck.

The small dragons sniffs at his hand and lets out a small purr sound before slithering into the ash blond's warm palm.

"What a spoiled child," Katsuki muses bringing the little guy close. The little serpent in his hand looking at him curiously before flicking its tongue out a couple of times playfully.

Midoriya looks like he wants to chuckle at the comment made by his companion but hold it in. Instead hiding his smile behind his gloved hand.

"Oi Bakubro!"

The class looks to their red headed dragon shifter followed by a few more familiar faces.

Kaminari is shaking Kirishima with a look of upcoming awe while pointing to those behind his second version. "Dude! It's me!"

"And me!"

"Omg, I'm there too!"

"I'm also there?"

Following the dragon shifter is Kaminari, Sero, Mina, and Jiro. All sporting some kind of grin or smile when meeting the two boys at the table.

Kaminari looks to be a musketeer of some sort, dresses nicely white collared dress shirt, red scarf, and over coated with a long pale coat, ending in black pants combat boots. Light armor in brown leather with weapons attached such as small and mid sized daggers. The smaller accessories being a small fedora like hat with some white feathers attached and black gloves to cover his hands.

Sero looks to dress more closely to a normal villager, white dress shirt and brown vest. White pants with knee guards held up by a leather belt holding a few tools. His shoes the normal study height top type for work. He looks a like a craftsman hiding from the tools hooked to his belt.

Mina looked the same as always, her clothes different as she spotted beige colored skirt and leopard printed half black crop top with a belt attached to the waist. Red arm bands hugged her biceps while black gloves covered her hands. She had armor over the left side of her chest and over her black knee high socks to cover her shins and slightly over her brown shoes.

Finally, Jiro is dress similarly to a guard or knight of class. Her top a purple color, covered mostly by armor waist down. White pants with purple boots over them coming up to stop mid thigh. She had more armor covering at her wrists and around her shoulders.

"Midoriya!" Kaminari said happily as he comes up to the table with Kirishima by his side. "Finally going home aye?"

In response the boy in question chuckles. "Yeah, it's been fun being here but anymore time and my mother will flood the house with tears." 

"Aww~ Midoriya, we wish you could stay longer!" Mina was quick to come over to the boy’s side of the table and hug him in a tight embrace. "You're the only one who keep Bakugou in line after all."

"He doesn't do shit like that Pinky!"

"But he does! He turns on the Midoriya charm and you're off like a candle!" Sero teases before falling into a fit of laughter.

"All you extras shut up!" His hands giving up warning explosions.

"Kacchan not inside the tavern!"

"You too Deku!"

The current Bakusquad laughing at the teasing from their past selves. Once a squad always a squad as they thought with great pride.

Once calmed down, Kaminari is the one to keep the friendly conversation going. "Anyways, Mina, Jirou, and I here are the lucky ones since we can bump into Midoriya during our travels."

"Yeah! When you see me selling my merchandise you should definitely come buy something," She said with excitement, once again hugging the boy happily. "I'll be happy to give you a discount anytime on the house!"

"Thanks Mina, but you really don't have too."

"Nonsense! You gotta let Mama Mina spoil you rotten for how sweet you are." Mina even bops him on the nose with her finger playfully. She folds her arms over her chest with a proud look. "Can't even count how many times you've made my market in the plaza so lively!"

"Not only that but we already see each other often when you come visit the castle in the Todoroki Kingdom. We can spar now that you've gotten a few more of the basics down." Jirou says with kind gesture of a small smile for the greenet.

"Don't forget about me dude!" Kaminari throws an arm around Midoriya's shoulder and pulled him in close for a one sided hug. "We might even meet up for party type missions. You and your friends can team up with me and the guys anytime."

"Alright you harpies, stop suffocating him with your garbage. Deku needs to get home," Katsuki said as he gets up from his seat. His eyes meet Izuku's gaze for a second waiting for him to get up as well. "Hurry up and get your ass off the chair unless you want me to drag you."

"Ah sorry Kacchan! But he's right guys, I have to get going or else my mom's going to worry like I said. It's been really great getting to know all of you as Kacchan's friends." His smile soft as he looks at each and everyone of them seated at the table. He and Sero even share a quick fist bump on the way out. "See you around!"

"Bye sweetie! Come back soon so our little prince doesn't get lonely without you!" Mina jokes from next to Denki.

Katsuki leaves the tavern growling followed by a smiling dragon shifter and childhood playmate. They head out of the kingdom to the takeoff area for Kirishima to transform.

Kirishima didn't even need to shuck of his clothes  this time since they seem to disappear in a flash during the shift. His whole big dragon transformation smoothly sitting before them happily. The dragon's head lowering close to Izuku to be petted on his snout.

Izuku chuckling as the shifter nuzzles up a against the palm of his hand. "Thanks again for taking me home Kiri." His words were responded with a gruntled dragon coo.

"Come on Deku, we don't have all day." Katsuki said climbing up to sit on Kirishima's back.

Izuku gives a few more pets before following up on taking a seat behind the barbarian. Given a few moments to get settled, Katsuki pulls his company closer behind him. If it were anyone else, the prince would have let them sit as far away as possible and let them fly off during take off. Not that anyone would know at this moment.

"Hold on tight. I'm not going to catch you if you decided to ignore my warning."

Arms embraced his torso tightly, face hidden behind the teen's cape covered back. "I'm ready Kacchan."

"Alright, let's fucking take the sky. Kirishima!" He gives a couple kicks against the harden scaled skin of the dragon shifter.

Massive wings spread as the red dragon stands up proudly. Dragons around them passing in their wake and lowering their heads like their bowing down. He takes a running start down the path while flapping his wings in a powerful movement that brings the class to awe despite seeing it before. 

They find themselves moved in the memory to stand on the back of the dragon. Most students moving about to get a better look at their friends or the dragon in general.

"It's nice to know you have good friends."

"A bunch of idiots those five, not including Jirou and Kirishima since they at least have some kind of working noggin'."

"Bro are you complimenting past me?!" Kirishima said on the verge of manly tears feeling moved. Jirou looked flatter by the Bakugou-ish compliment too.

Izuku relaxes his hold on the bargain teen but does separate from him too much. "I hope you guys stay friends for a long time."

Bakugou clicks his tongue at the sappy words. "They'll be the death of me I tell you."

"But you seem pretty happy being with them. All those visits I've observed tell me so much. They mean a lot to you."

Midoriya here was different but none the less the same as he could tell the value of someone to someone else. The someone else at the moment is Bakugou Katsuki.

They know the two boys share a history and more from the memory clips they've watched so far. It looks like Midoriya back then and now never stopped observing and analyzing his surroundings of those around him.

"Deku."

Said teen hums in acknowledgment.

Surprisingly Bakugou didn't say anything when Midoriya gave him his attention here. They were both compelled to staying oddly silent. Yet Midoriya didn't look mad, nor looking to hear anything at all, his face saying 'it's alright, I don't mind' kind of expression. Bakugou on the other hand just looked off in the forward distance, not with a hint of a scowl or annoyed facial expression. 

Somehow the quiet was just a conversation by itself that Bakugou and Midoriya only understood in peace.

Just calm and collected that stayed for the rest of the ride while the human of the two rests against the barbarian's back with closed eyes. Contently relaxed in each other's presence.

With a little fast forwarding from Psych's part going through the book clip, they were able to skip the quiet ride to arriving to the northern village Izuku lived with his mother.

They land outside of the village area so Kirishima doesn't get fingers pointed at him with either amazement or fear. Said dragon shifter changes back into his human form and follows the two teens he had been carrying the whole flight to the Midoriya Household.

"Deku!"

"Midoriya!"

Uraraka and Iida greeted their friend at the entrance of the village. Uraraka waving both her arms in the air as Iida chopped the air in front of him.

The witch was the first to make a break for her friend. She tackled him into a hug as she cries in relief that he's okay. "Deku, I was so worried when you got separated from us!"

"Sorry Uraraka, I'm fine now see," He tried to assure her as he raises his arms mid way and gives a little spin. "I got a little banged up in the beginning but I'm really fine now."

”You got more than a little banged up, dude.” Kaminari comments the idea of the whole class. Those injuries from before and the hit from the Minotaur’s weapon were no joke.

The girl sniffs and dries the corner of her eyes. "I'm really glad."

Iida then approaches them with a relieved looked as well. "It's good to see you safe after you disappeared on the mission Midoriya. You had the whole group worried for awhile, the same can be said when I informed Prince Todoroki when we came back from the mission."

The witch and the knight continued crowding around the greenet as they inform him of so many things he had missed during his absence. The forgotten and ignored barabarian just looked about ready to explode with rage if it were not for his bonded dragon friend holding him back by the cape.

Izuku noticed his tribal companions' struggles and decides to reintroduce them to his friends.

"Uraraka, Iida, I'm sure you remember Kirishima." He gestures to the red head shifter who waves to them happily with a wide grin. Then he points out Bakugou slowly, "And this is Kacchan, I knew him since we were toddlers. I stayed with his family during my healing period."

Iida stares rather hard at Bakugou for a moment, adjusting his frames as he looks more closely at the other teen.

"What the fuck are you looking at Four Eyes?!" The Barbarian exclaims in frustration.

"The Prince of Draconia?"

Bakugou huffs as he fold his arms over his chest. "Who else's would I be." Not a questionable response but Iida none the less gives a salute.

"Forgive me, I didn't recognize we would be in the presence of royalty today." Iida apologizes with his head lowering.

"I don't need formal shit right now dumbass. It's only when have to do formal stuff for the kingdoms, so stand the fuck down." The ash blond clicks his tongue as he body language computes that he doesn't really care at all for the two new faces. He looked rather annoyed at the moment if anything.

Uraraka stood closer to Midoriya and quietly whispers, "So you know royalty in the tribal kingdoms? I recall Kirishima and You mention the name Kacchan before."

"Childhood playmate when I lived near the Valley of Dragons. At the time I didn't even know he was- Uh, is royalty until now," Izuku whispers back to her.

The two of them share a understanding look before sharing a smile.

A smile that somehow set the barbarian off as he starts to yell at them before the memory clip fades away.

Iida hums as he rubs at his chin after the scene fades off from their surroundings. "So it looks like we're all showing up at some point in their memories. Kaminari, Ashido, Jirou, and Sero have all shown up in the last memory but we're not exactly whose memory that was."

"Kaminari and Sero don't seem to belong to the Tribal Kingdoms just from observing their wear, kero," Tsuyu points out from her observation. "Kaminari looks like a musketeer I guess.  Sero is a bit harder to figure out by the clothes on what he does, kero."

Jirou nods, "My double doesn't seem to relate to the land either hearing that I'm more familiar with Todoroki's Kingdom. Possibly a knight or assassin judging by my clothes."

"But Mina sure does look like she belongs to the tribal lands, but does a lot of traveling since she basically selling merchandise. A merchant in that time period if we were to label her job description." Iida's point making it to their teacher's ongoing pile of reports said by their students.

Which they should be writing down in a notebook or paper of some kind, but being the teachers that they are, they don't. Aizawa as a teacher and person speaks for himself without actually having to say it. He's too tired to write shit. As for All Might, he's too busy worrying about Midoriya and Bakugou's well being like a worried parent.

Aizawa pinches the bridge of his nose.

"Before this continues, make sure someone is keeping note of what's gone on so far. I expect a notebook or two to be filled by the time we're finished."

Notes:

Some notes to clear:
Izuku, his past self, lived on the border of the north and south parts of the land. Thus making them neither northern or southern. Albeit they did associate more with a Southern Tribe, the Valley of Dragons where Katsuki’s summer home is located.

The Bakugou Family is the Main Royal Family out of all three Tribal Kingdoms. Their Kingdom, the Central, known as Draconia. They’re in charge of overseeing all activity relating to the South. They also make the more important decisions for their people and two other fellow kingdoms.

Chapter 6: Midoriya Izuku

Summary:

Psych has compiled some of Izuku’s past memories together for a longer watch. What do they see?

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Psych decided to try something different with the next memory clip to prolong the memories into a continued series.

She drifts back over to Midoriya's side of the library and picks out a couple of book to compile together. Carefully she places three books between her hands and pushes them together. The books fuse together into a bigger book.

"Okay... Let's see Midoriya Izuku's past in this combined book."

On the awaken plane of reality, the class is settled into a fancy looking building. A castle on some sort decorated in the finest things one could collect in the time period of the memory.

The sound of footsteps catch their attention and their gaze is on their adorable classmate. He comes running up to one of the doors in the corridor and knocks.

A few second later it opened by Uraraka who is delighted to see him.

"Deku! You're just in time!" She said happily as she moves aside to let him in.

Entering the room they find themselves in a typical witch's lair. A large pot in the middle of the room boiling something of unknown origin. Spell books placed about in the the room, some left open while others are closed and stacked. Papers spread out on a rather large table adjacent to the walls.

They are even met with another face familiar to them dressed royally in blue and white with trims of golden thread.

"Todoroki! You're here!"

"But I'm here?" The current one questionably pointing to himself with a somewhat confused expression. Iida and Uraraka being nice friends quietly explains what their classmate meant.

Todoroki is dressed in formal attire but seemingly comfortable with it on. His hair hasn't changed, not even the scare to the left side of his face. A sword hanging by his hip all covered up.

"Midoriya, it's good to see you."

Said boy nods and does a short bow of the shoulders and head. "It's been awhile my prince. Have you and your mother been well?"

"We are doing as well as we can be. Father is still being... you know." The prince looks a little sad as his gaze drifts away from sympathetic emerald eyes.

Izuku walks up to him to give a comforting hug. "Next time you see her, tell her I wish for continuing recovery. My mother is doing her best to supply her medicine after all with what's happening right now."

"She will know," Todoroki said softly. His expression ever grateful to his friend with some fondness mixed in his tone. "Thank you."

"If I may cut in," Iida, the knight, said now in seriousness surprising his classmates. "We must talk about the pressing danger approaching the land."

"Yes," Todoroki said as he steps back so they can all circle the table. All of them looking serious as Uraraka brings up a magical form of a hologram of the Todoroki kingdom and it's surrounding land. "High Witch Nemuri has informed the royals of incoming dangers after a viewing ritual days ago. Dark forces are coming to take the land and destroy everything good in its wake."

The class looks at one another worried.

"So there will be war? A big one?" Izuku questions seriously with a hand on his chin.

"Previous records of this happening were many years ago when Tribal and Non-Tribal lands were still at odds with one another. The dark forces back then had brought our kingdoms together to defeat the evil that sought to bring down all their lives." Iida informs them having read old records of them in the archives.

"But they had the Hero who brought them together and his saving blade on their side. I remember from what I read in the archives that the Hero's Blade is still out there... The Hero had said before vanishing, 'If dark forces return then a new hero will arise and bring balance to the lands'." Izuku recalls from his own research in the archives.

"Isn't that a message to search once again for the Hero's Blade? Many have tried for years to find it before but many gave up due to never being able to locate it." Uraraka looks down as she moves her staff  in a circle to change the image of her magic design.

The layout changing to a heavy looking blade stuck into a rock.

The brunette witch sighs, "This is the only image us witches can ever get of the Hero's Blade. Stuck somewhere waiting to be pulled out and wielded by it's next chosen hero." She moves her staff over it and the image rotates in place.

"If only we could retrieve it from its resting place, then everyone could have a chance to see if it chooses one of them to be its wielder..." Todoroki reaches out to the image, only for it to pass through his fingers. He pulls back with slight disappointment. "The blade can only be used by its chosen after all."

Izuku looks at the image with a soft gaze.

"A blade met for its chosen..."

The meeting between the four fades out as the scene changes to another memory. This time they are all stationed in a grassy clearing. The area filled with various flowers and the tree line in the distance of a forest.

The students and their teachers were standing near a small, but sizable, home with smoke coming from the chimney.

Standing in the front of the yard is Midoriya. Expression mainly focused as he practiced his swordsmanship skills. His stand to his grip of the long weapon firm without wavering from the dummy.

The door to the front of the cozy home opens to reveal a familiar face of their teacher and former symbol of peace.

All Might looks to his past double with surprise as he exits the home with a fond smile. The past blond walking up to his, or rather their, student with an approving nod.

"It's good to see you so determined Young Midoriya."

Izuku is smooth in transitioning from serious to a friendly tune. He brings one hand up to rub at the back of his neck awkwardly. "Good afternoon Mister Yagi. Sorry if I came unannounced, I've been busy as of late to send a quick letter about visiting."

"Nonsense my boy. You are always welcome to come visit whenever you like." Toshinori says as he takes a few steps closer now that the sword is put out of harms way. Not that Midoriya would hurt him intentionally. "What brings you here?"

"Ah... It's about what I've been doing lately with my friends," Izuku starts as he brings his hand away from his neck. Emerald eyes meeting his mentor's. "Have you heard about the High Witch's foretelling?"

With a serious look, Yagi nods firmly. "This is about the new Hero and the old Blade."

"We've been trying to find leads on where the blade could be. So far we only found small uncredited sources." The teen shakes his head looking a little helpless. “We have even gone through the archives to see if there something but so far nothing.”

"Young Midoriya, as stories have told, the Hero and his Blade have gave birth to generations of peace and prosperity. Once he vanished, he left his blade for the next hero deemed worth by its predecessors.”

Something about their past teacher's self, All Might, looked so wise and caring like a father. Not that the current one wasn’t the same, but theirs hand some awkwardness to him.

Izuku looks to his teacher with listening ears. "Yes... but the Blade was hidden. Rumors said he gave it to someone or a certain group to protect it until the coming of the next hero."

"Those rumors are indeed correct. I can confirm it between us because I trust you." Midoriya's eyes were widening with surprise as he meets his mentor's blue eyes. He continues, "Listen to me my boy, the next Hero will so find the Blade and step up to bring a new generation."

"The Generation of Balance..." Izuku said almost like a whisper. "W-Wait! Does this mean you know where the Blade is Mister Yagi?!" He asked in a panic whisper.

Sadly the class earned a reasonable shake of the head thinking it would be too easy if their teach spilled out the location of the Hero's Blade.

"But I can give you a little song or riddle."

Midoriya looks at his teacher with a tilt of the head confused.

Before they could even hear the riddle, the memory clip fades out to the annoyance of some of the class.

"Aww come on! I wanted to hear it!" Hagakure whines as she closes her hands into fists.

"Maa, it looks as if the memories leave off on the more clueing parts." Ojiro says with a light scratch to his cheek.

"It's like those memories don't even want to give us any way of helping, not even a cent, kero." Tsuyu says as she watches the holographic refigure into another memory. "Let's hope this one has something."

The setting of the memory takes place in Midoriya's village seeing as his house is not too far off from where they were standing. They stood in the plaza where long and wide tables are stationed together in a feast like setting.

Villagers, some familiar faces, talking around the table or already seated and waiting for the dinner to start.

They spot their green haired classmate surrounded by familiar faces. The usual Dekusquad there making light conversation with each other. Nearby they could make out their green haired, froggy Barmaid and owner of the resident tavern with Tokoyami. The two of them seemed to be talking while they share a drink together.

At the tables closer to them were some of the Bakusquad. Kaminari and Jiro playing some music together, the blond on the lute and his knightess partner strumming a small harp.

Miss Midoriya and All Might are present as well as they stood at the main table with their backs faced towards them.

Inko was the one to turn around with a delighted smile. "Izuku! It's time for you to blow out the candles!"

"Oh! It's his birthday?!" Yaoyorozu says with happy surprise. She was always prepared to hop on and celebrate her friends' birthday with lots of consideration into their presents.

"Okay Mom!" Izuku answers back as he looks to his friends and gestures them to come with him. The guest and his friends come closer to he fire as the sound of hooves galloping towards them grows a little louder.

It's not surprising to see past Todoroki arriving but it is to see past Yaoyorozu accompanying him while dawned on the finest armor. Both of them get off their horses and join the party as Izuku welcomes them with open arms.

"Glad you two can join us!" He does a teasing curt bow to the two. A playful smile settling on his facial expression. "Prince Todoroki, Commanding Knight and Princess Yaoyorozu."

"Wow Momo, you have such high titles!" Uraraka is stunned at the two titles. Her classmate's past self was a princess and a high ranking knight.

Said classmate is hiding her face behind her hands embarrassed as her face flushes red.

With an awkward sing along to their version of happy birthday, Izuku still smiles being surrounded by close friends and people he considers family.

"Everyone, thank you for coming to celebrate my birthday with me. It really means a lot..." His smile soft as his eyes meets everyone presence who returns the smile truthfully. "I wouldn't trade this for the world."

"Aww Deku!" Witch Uraraka good as she springs forward to squeeze her friend in a hug. She ends up laughing with him when they both can't help this happily infectious emotional this day.

Kaminari raises his mug with a proud grin. "Cheers to our Happy Green Bean!"

Everyone, that has mugs, present raises their cup with hearty laughs and clink their drinks with one another.

The party soon dies down in tune as they can see the memory shift to a later time when everyone seemed wasted. Uraraka and Iida were down for the count when their bubbly witch drank a little too much, this Iida was watching her for her safety.

Kaminari is having fun with the other guests while he puts on a music performance with Jirou to the slowing tune of the party. Just enough to get everyone's attention wrapped on them.

The class is pulled away from the party since their tailing after Midoriya again. He walks down a dark forest path with nothing but a small carved plate holding a slice of cake.

He then arrives to a mid sized clearing where a breeze hits him gently that it sways his dark green locks of hair.

Surprisingly he turns around to face them with a soft expression of knowing.

"Is he looking at us?" Mineta asks as he takes a step back, a bit creeped out by the situation.

Kirishima takes a moment to look at his classmate's eyes to figure out that no. He isn't looking at them but pass them.

One by one they look behind them to see their explosive classmate standing behind them with a look of indifference. He’s not scowling for sure, clearly not angered either.

"Why didn’t you join the party?"

"Didn't need to be surrounded by a bunch of buffoons. Especially if their going to get fucking wasted because of Sparky."

The class parted as Bakugou makes his way forward. His steps steady and even like an apex predator.

Izuku could only smile small when Katsuki stands arms length from him. "You could have at least appeared once." He sets the small plate holding the slice of cake down on a rock beside him.

The Barbarian simply rolls his eyes with a huff. "Whatever, here." 

The class is once again caught off guard when their blond classmate pulls out a slim bouquet of flowers from behind his back they had not noticed before. Incased in a crinkle of brown paper are a small cluster of white baby's breath flowers and a single green hydrangea that had yet to take in one of its main colors.

"Kacchan," Izuku said softly as his hands hesitate to accept the gift.

Katsuki gently, gently brings his other hand to Izuku's hands to guide over to the flowers. Both hold onto them for a moment, crimson red eyes meeting those viridian ones genuinely.

"Please accept this gift..." His eyes leaving Izuku's for a moment to glance at their hands holding the bouquet of flowers. "I can only give you this right now."

"But Kacchan you know what I need to know."

"I can't give you that and you damn know I won't spill that information."

Izuku's eyes slightly narrow with a gleam of determination settles in them.

Katsuki firm in his stance and never relenting in his own eyes.

"This is for your own good, Izuku."

A dragon's roar pierced the air and Bakugou is quick to disappear as his ride picks him up in one quick swoop.

Midoriya left in the clearing with a sadden look as he tightly holds the flowers between his two hands.

Holding back tears as he hides his face behind the slim bundle of flowers.

"You're not being fair... Katsuki."

It was the first time any of the students heard their troublesome duo verbally say their first names. Not using 'Kacchan' or 'Deku' had a different feeling in them when they heard them say it.

"They have to be serious if their using each other's first name like that." Shoji wouldn't voice any other way. His classmates should also agree since it's not really the norm their friends would call each other such without a reason.

"But I wonder what their talking about," Sero muses thinking back to the previous conversations to this one. "Could it be about the Hero's Blade Midoriya's group is looking for?"

"Maybe," Todoroki inputs as he is also trying to connect the dots in this memory problem.

Again their conversation is put to a hold as this coming memory takes a hold of the room.

They seem to be settled in the Midoriya household, currently residing in the shared living space.

Said boy is sitting at the table holding a bundle of letters and a package while his mother is doing the dishes just off to the side.

"Mom you got some letters from Dad."

"You can set them aside dear. I'll read those as soon as I'm done with washing the dishes."

Izuku unwraps the string holding the bundle together and separates his mail from his mother's mail. He sets his mom's letters across from him and then goes opening his own letters.

He reads aloud his first letter:


'Dear Izuku,

It's been another year and you've surly grown. I wish I could have attended your birthday party but I am as busy as ever. You mother sent me photos and I am happy to see you smiling and safe.

Please forgive this old man for missing yet another one. I really wish to spend a day with you and your mother again like when you were just a child.

But my work keeps me for that but when I have the chance I will be there in a heartbeat.

I hope you find my gift up to your liking.

With greatest love,

Dad'


Izuku sets the letter down and pulls the boxed present closer to unwrap. He pulls the top off and peeks over the top to see what's inside.

"M-M-Mom!"

Inko is quick to shut the water off be at her panicking son's side in a rush. She looks into the box too and places her hands over her mouth with surprised eyes.

"Honey, this is too much..." Inko says quietly to her husband who is currently not present.

Izuku with some shaky movement pulls out the object of panic from the box.

In his hands is a soft cushion for the resting place of a sleeping baby kitsune of all things. The creature’s fur being a soft mint green with white tipped tail with a white ring detail after a green one. It's paws were always dipped white like it was wedding small boots.

He sets the fusion down gently onto the table before hiding his face behind his hands. "This has to be one of the most ridiculous gifts so far."

"Are you sure Izuku? I'm pretty sure the baby fenrir he sent you two years ago kinda hit that spot," Inko says with a hand on her chin in thought.

"Mom we had to get Uncle Masaru to help us with Kuro since he was part of the Wolf Tribe before, remember? Thankfully Kuro just patrols around the village quietly and listens without making much of a ruckus unless there’s an intruder. Other than that he's pretty docile." He went on mumbling about other thing his father had gotten him over the course of the years.

Inko being the saint she is pats him on the shoulder. "Izuku," she said to bring him back.

The teen stops and looks to his mother for a moment and then confused. "Mom, what brought you to like Dad in the first place?"

"Why don't we take a seat first, maybe I'll bring over some tea while we talk." She wasn't ignoring his question. Just to settle him down and talk calmly at the table with him.

The mother and son moving and resetting the area while she prepares the tea and some snacks. Izuku moves his new companion over to the couch by the fireplace to rest warmly.

When their both seated at the table with tea, Inko starts talking.

"Your father was... unique in a way I can't really describe. But I loved him none the less with his awkwardness, jokes, and his habits you tend to share and portray every so often when you are home. He loved me very much and showed it through his time courting me." She giggles a bit as she picks up a rice cracker. "Masaru and Mitsuki can tell you so much about him when he's with me. Very clumsy that man."

Izuku looks fondly at his mother as she talks about her husband and his father. They seemed so in love despite their odd troubles.

"When you came into our lives he swore to protect you even to his last breath. It was over dramatic of him but he was none the less serious as he held you carefully in his arms." Her finger taps against the wood of the table in thought trying to remember those moments with her baby and husband. "You were his hope in a family he could have again."

"Again?" Izuku asks curious like his classmates and teachers are too.

Inko nods with a sorrowful look. "Your father didn't come from a happy family. His parents, from what he told me weren't really fond of him and his brother. So he mainly took care of himself and his younger brother for the most part of their life growing up. It didn't help his brother was sickly... His death ruined him for months from what I can recall when he told me all this."

Izuku looks sad as well learning of his father's upbringing. "Was Dad ever afraid of me?"

"Sometimes... He would tell me he was afraid to hurt you and often keep a safe distance from you. Your father was scared he would end up like his own parents and fail you. But he was always watchful to make sure you are safe, protected from harm." She reaches to hold Izuku's hand which he accepts openly. "I know he's been away since you were able to remember but he really does love you."

The class watches his mother take one of her own letters from her pile. Certainly from the mysterious father of their classmate.

She pulls her hand back to open it up.

She reads:


'Dearest Inko,

It's been another year my love. I feel like I'm failing my promise to you in returning home. But it is so hard to come back from where I am, in my work and life.

Is our son alright? He's not hurt is he? I worry deeply for his safety with enemies I appear to make. Inko please tell me he's happy? I'm sorry I'm not home.

Izuku must hate me and I would understand because of my absence from his and your life.

Please continue to be there for him when I know I can't be even when I wish I could.

I hope Izuku likes this year's present as I have finally gotten time to look for one personally for him like the fenrir present some years ago.

My dearest wife, I miss you and our son. I can't think of a day I missed thinking of you both.

To my heart,

Hisashi’


Inko looks up from the letter to see her son’s eyes glossed over and looking teary. She smiles softly and holds his hand.

“He might not be here physically but he’s always thinking of us.”

“Y-Yeah...” The younger Midoriya shakily says a bit overwhelmed with emotion. He picks up his cup of tea and takes light sips.

The memory fades out and allows the class to fully process the memories shown so far seeing as there is a long pause to the next memory.

This was because Psych is trying to compile the next set of memories currently on Bakugou’s side of the library mindscape.

“So what have we learned so far?” Aizawa questions to his class. He would consider this part of training as well seeing how their observation and analysis skills are used during their watching period.

“More information was shown in the beginning sir. As the past us said, dark forces are at work and they are searching for the Hero’s Blade.” Iida quick to raise his hand and answer.

Mina hums as she taps at her cheek, “Most of these memories were more focused on Midoriya so they must come from his memories.”

“Bakugou was a little off character but somehow still genuine when he was talking to Midoriya. Although he may be hiding something...” Tokoyami voices out his own observation. Dark Shadow nodding in agreement over his shoulder.

Momo records the observations the best she could while adding her own observations too. Even the minor ones like Midoriya’s dad, albeit doesn’t seem to fit anywhere into this.

All Might hums as he glances at the two boys asleep in their seats. His successor sometimes twitching in his seat like he’s thinking. Bakugou, on the other hand, calm even though their was a noticeable twitch in his expression sometimes.

He wonders if the twitching has to do with quirk being used on them or if their watching these memories as well while they do.

He didn’t have long to ponder as Psych had finally compiled memories from Bakugou’s memories.

Hopefully they’ll get more information from him.

Notes:

Happy Birthday to Izuku and Mirio!!! <3 July 15th

Chapter 7: Bakugou Katsuki

Summary:

Psych has compiled some of Bakugou’s Memories, what do they see?

Chapter Text

The next series of memories came from Bakugou Katsuki.

Psych had used the same method as last time to compile a large book of memory clips together for a longer watch period. While those outside watch these clips, she hopes she can look through more of the books a little farther back to select the next memories to show.

The class finds themselves swept to a new surrounding. Colorfully beautiful even as they were met with a large garden of the sorts. Different kinds of flowers planted in soiled sections, pathways made of stone with some greenery life growing in between the cracks. Vines scaling up the walls of the castle walls like webs and out stretching to an open corridor entrance to the castle.

The sound of water from the center piece fountain catching their sense of hearing besides the tweeting of birds.

"There you are man, I've been looking all over for you!" Kirishima's voice calling their attention to him as his memory self is running pass them towards the fountain.

Sitting on the edge of the fountain is their ash blond classmate. His scowl soften quite a bit as he seems relaxed here in this environment.

Crimson eyes look up from something small he held in his hands to meet his dragon bonded's eyes. "What is it now Kirishima?"

The dragon shifter scratches behind his head awkwardly. "Sorry, I know it's your ‘leave you alone time’ but we've got a situation on our hands."

"What do you mean?"

Their dragon shifter takes a breath and lets his arms rest at his sides. His expression turning serious, "A message had been recently been received moments ago from one of the Northern Kingdoms. A High Witch has foreseen danger to both lands from reawakening dark forces."

They could see Bakugou's hand hand tighten into a fist. "What?! Why?! The Darkness have been sealed by the Hero a century ago! Fucking-" He gets up from his spot on the fountain quickly with a scowl. He looks to take his anger out on a nearby time stone sculpture with a heavy kick.

The poor stone sculpture couldn't be saved as it crumbles to the ground into a pile of rubble.

"Ah! Bakugou!" Both Kirishimas' worry, past and present, reaching out for their friend. "I know it's bad-"

"Scales for Brains this is not just bad, this is fucking dangerous. It means people will be looking for the Hero's Blade for the next Hero again." The blond runs his fingers through his hair and scratches at his scalp. He's taking deep breaths to calm down and think rationally. "Our Kingdom has been protecting that Blade for many years..."

"They know where it is?!" Mina exclaims before her classmates shush her to listen closely to what could probably come next as the explanation.

"It's time for a new Hero to aid in taking down this reawakening evil. Possibly once and for all..." Kirishima said more firmly as his hands clenched at his sides. Thinking possibly of a lot of things during a moment pause of words between the two young boys.

"We should tell Izu-"

"No," Katsuki said firmly.

Kirishima looks at the back of his bonded's head surprised. "But Bakugou-"

"No Eijiro," The young prince said turning around to face him. "We are not telling Deku where that sword is. This is something that needs to stay between us and my parents. If we tell him there is no doubt he'll try and get the sword himself."

The dragon shifter shuffled back a bit and his hands are held behind his back with his head hanged low. He can't even seem to look the Barbarian in the eye in this moment.

"Why?" Is the only question he could ask.

"Because getting to that fucking sword is dangerous enough that you could get killed."

The class seem to hear a light giggles just off ways of where Shifter Kirishima is standing. They see a transparent image of their green haired classmate holding a large bundle of flowers in his good arm while one is in a clothed sling.

"Kacchan," The familiar childhood nickname spoken so softly with a similar smile on his face. A light breeze blowing away what they assume a small recall of when Izuku had stayed in the castle during the time he was healing.

"I'm not letting that idiot get killed over something stupid. Not if I can fucking help it." Bakugou says as he walks past his dragon bonded with his head held high. Not looking back he says lastly, "Get ready to head out. We need to guard the blade before anyone thinks of trying to pull it out of its resting place. If anyone is getting that sword, it's the damn hero only."

Kirishima turns around and does a firmer salute than the first time when he met Midoriya again for the first time. "Yes, my Prince."

The memory is faded down into a new one. This time their standing in a hilly land filled with tall grass with scattered trees rooted about the area. The sky above them dark but aglow by the litter of stars scattered about above them. Their dragon friend curled up near the tree where his bonded tamer sits quietly in front of a campfire to keep him warm. In his hands is a little aqua green crystal.

'Kacchan? Can you hear me?'

He finches in his seat before making a few expressions that his classmates laugh lightly at. They've never seen him so surprised before.

"Yeah, but what the fuck is this? What sorcery is this for you to even get in my head?"

They hear soft laughter from the other boy no one could see. 'It's a communication crystal that the witches here in the north have been trying to study for everyone to use. Uraraka thinks she got it down quite a bit to let us test them out.'

"So this is Round Face's doing." He seems like he should have known it was her fault.

"Kacchan, it's not like it's a bad thing. This works well for long distances." They hear their friend sigh at the other end. "I'm just glad the messenger owl was able to find you when delivering the crystal. When I heard you had left home a few months go I was worried where the package ended up."

"That does remind me... Where are you? You don't usually head out unannounced to disappear for months without contact." Izuku sounds worried with every word. He even sounds like he's looking for a good reason out of the barbarian.

They watch Bakugou hunch over slightly with a thoughtful expression. "I have some business to attend to is all. Not like my damn parents don't know what I'm doing by myself."

A brief flashback shows them back in the throne room of the Bakugou palace. Katsuki standing before his parents who look back him just as serious.

"Be careful on your way, Katsuki."

"The next Hero is bound to be searching for Blade. Make sure to protect it until he or she gets there to rightfully retrieve it."

The class comes back to their current memory setting in the clearing under the shelter of a large tree and their classmate still speaking to Midoriya through a mental link.

"I suppose your right. As long as your parents know you can practically move about as you wish." Their was a small twitch of a smile in Katsuki's expression but none were quick to catch sight of it with his form mostly curled up.

"What about you nerd? What have you been doing since our last encounter?" He uncurls himself to lie flat on his back this time. One arm bent back behind his head to cushion it. Looking up to the sky, stars peeking through the branches and leaves in an breathtaking view.

There is a thoughtful hum on the other line before Midoriya speaks. "I'm on a quest with his highness, Prince Todoroki, Iida, and Uraraka. We got down a lead on where the Hero's blade could be recently."

Bakugou's response is a low growl but keeps it down to a tolerant level not to make the other cut communication. "What lead?"

"A riddle in form of a small song," Izuku responds with a light laugh not realizing the harden scowl Katsuki is making. "A Hero is coming~ Evil is approaching as a witch has foretold~~ Find the New Hero's Blade, journey through rushing waters and climb a Rocky Mountain... It waits for its new Master, half buried in earth, to bring balance~ Our Hero works as One, but fights for All."

"What a dumb song," The blond said simply as he leans back against the bark of the tree. "You shouldn't even be going to retrieve the sword anyways."

"Why Kacchan? Looking for the blade is everyone's priority right now. Once located, it will be given to the new Hero once they're also found."

"That's the thing dummy." Katsuki scratches the back of his head annoyed. "The blade, like in the song, is buried in rock which can only be pulled out by the next hero."

"Eh? B-But how do you-"

"I'm not telling you Deku. Besides you need to give it up looking for it. It's dangerous for a human like you."

"Kacchan-!"

Bakugou didn't let him speak further as he unclenches the communication gem from his grip. In a sense, hanging up the call on the suspicious

The class watches their classmate get up from his seat on the ground to stalk over to the sleeping dragon. He nudged the dragon away with his booted foot a couple of times.

"Wake up."

A simple command that didn't hold any anger in it. The blond's crimson gazing a similar one of his dragon bonded. The shifter eyes looked to say as if to say why they had to wake up in the dead of night.

"We need to get to the Hero's Blade before Deku and his extras find it, that's why."

The dragon sits up and shrinks in size to his human form. Now standing arms length across from his tamer. "Bakugou, I know it's dangerous to try and get to the blade but you're worrying to much for Izu."

"Who said I'm worried?!" A flash of anger there but subtle. "He's human for gods sake! The Blade isn't a fucking joke and you know it! Humans, especially Deku- shouldn't go near it!"

Kirishima's past counterpart looks at Bakugou with a serious expression. "My Prince... No, Katsuki. What's the real reason we're going to the blade right now?"

The current Kirishima has the same feeling coursing through him as he caught on to the conversation. It wasn't just about the Hero'a Blade, but a certain green eyed classmate.

Bakugou clenches his teeth like a hostile animal baring his protective fangs to cover his unconscious intent. "Eijiro, stop."

"This really is about Izuku-"

"No-"

"But it is!" Kirishima remarks as he stands his ground against Bakugou. "Do you not understand? I've watch the both of you since we were younglings. Younglings, Katsuki!" He holds up a closed fist to his chest.

Their ash blond classmate is quiet with his head titled down while clenching his hands at his side. Past Kirishima continues to talk with knowing something they obviously don't know.

"I'm not a idiot... Ever since Midoriya left the Valley of Dragons, you have- well had been different. You wouldn't want to go out, or you would go out and disappear for hours of the day when we stayed in the Valley. Her Highness even had to send search parties for you most times, remember?"

Bakugou finally looks up with a burning gaze.

"Dragon form. Now."

Kirishima stared at Bakugou for a full minute before closing his eyes and shifting. The blond climbing on once filling changed and putting out the fire of their campsite.

He kicked once with his heel but lightly this time as a odd consequence for the verbal argument moments ago.

The red dragon huffs and takes off to the sky with his mighty wings flapping their air course.

"What's the deal with Bakugou?" Kaminari asks one sinking surprise. The argument between his two past friends was something shivering like watching two beast ready to strike at each other.

Kirishima brought his hand up to clench over his chest. It was dawning on him, the argument between his counterpart and his past bro. "I... I think Bakugou was being protective of Midoriya."

Aizawa looks to his energetic student with a raised brow. "How did you come to that conclusion Kirishima?"

"I don't really know, but I just felt it following their conversation. Putting my self in my past self's shoes I just felt it." He didn't know how to express the explanation other than the feeling. He imagined himself in his counterpart's place and rewording the conversation if it was him and his current bro.

With a unsatisfied hum, Aizawa looks back to his two troublesome students asleep in their chairs. Even if he is a pro hero, despite the underground tag on, he wasn't catching on to the deal between these two.

While lost in thought their next memory starts to play out for them.

This time their defiantly standing on rocky ground. A breeze blowing around them with a howl that gave them shivers dispute the sunny day time setting.

Looking around they spot the group of memory created teens crowded around a single pillar at the end of the parallel pillar path. The scene brought them closer to the group to get a better look at them.

There, all accounted for are: Todoroki, Iida, Uraraka, and Kirishima watching their friends. Midoriya stood to the left of the uprooted rock with a very large blade sheathed into it, the long hilt the only thing not buried in. Bakugou stood just opposite of him with an aggressive stance and an angry expression.

"What did I tell you Deku?! I told you to not to fucking come!"

"Kacchan, this is for the better good! All Kingdoms are preparing for war as we speak!" Midoriya didn't seem to back down. His eyes portraying his set firm determination to fulfill his mission.

Their ash blond classmate hands set off miniature explosions. A telling sign he's either giving a warning or angry.

"Why can't you ever sit and listen to what I fucking tell you?! Are you trying to look down on me?!" Bakugou takes a step forward but the green haired human doesn't let up. He didn't want to.

Instead Izuku takes his words and answers him.

"I have never look down on you Kacchan." He shakes his head softly with his hair swaying to the movement just as soft. His eyes are true, purely never telling a lie. "You keep pushing me away, something I don't even understand when- when I'm trying to stand by your side!"

"Midoriya," They heard Prince Todoroki say. Yet Bakugou had something to say and he wasn't going to let half and half interrupt them.

"Haah? You want to stand next to me?" His crimson gaze never left those emerald ones. "I'm a Prince, the next in line to succeed the shitty throne to handle all Tribal Kingdoms in the South of dragon kin and allies! Blessed am I, who is granted with this power to blow those evil away! I will be King!"

He steps closer to Izuku with a pointed finger poking at his chest. "You are a human, with no powers! A powerless human who want to play knight trying to save people! Well guess what Deku, you need to stop before you do something stupid and mess everything up!" Katsuki shakes his head and grabs tightly at the boy's shirt collar. "So I fucking dare you, try and defy me one more time if I'm wrong!"

"Midoriya!" Iida said concerned like his witch friend Uraraka next to him. Todoroki looks close to using his powers like Kirishima to break the two up.

Instead something else seemed to break them apart.

A single arrow was shot between the two, Bakugou pushing Midoriya back as he leans back himself. The arrow sticking itself into the rock pillar past them above the hilt the sword.

"So this is where its been hiding all this time..."

All the teens look back to see a familiar warp portal swirling near the entrance of the open rocky arena.

"Darkness..." They heard the witch of the group hiss out as she clutches her staff tightly in her hands.

The portal grows in size and familiar looking beasts exit from the darkness. Nomus of all different shapes and sizes mixed in with humans and  beastmen who have fallen to the dark side.

"Retrieve the sword and kill the enemies..."

Katsuki growls as he pulls out his own crafted blade from behind himself. "Stop spewing crap! The only enemies intruding this sacred ground is you." Kirishima transforms into his dragon form give a louder growl to back up his friend.

Izuku also pulls out his sword from his hip while getting into defensive position. Iida has his helmet back on and sword held out for attack. Todoroki is the same as his two friend while Uraraka moves back behind them with her staff and grimoire in hand.

The dark using enemies closed in and the allied of the lands kept them back from the Hero's Blade.

The sound of clashing metal and their piercing grazes rung on the scared field.

The class watches with fear as their past friends danced with danger. Often times earning a slight open wound from the fight. Nothing serious but those of paper cut sizes.

Yet it wasn't enough when they were truly outnumbered. They don't have enough energy to keep holding them back, even with Uraraka having their backs by using magic to heal and reinforce them. She has a limit to what she could do after all with her own energy.

Midoriya was pushed back harshly to the base of the stone where the Hero's Blade was half buried. His movements stuttered and seemed to ache. Breathing shaky as he tries get back up, only to back up fall back on his ass when Bakugou was thrown at him.

"Fuck..."

"Kacchan, are you okay?!"

Izuku was looked backed with a narrowed glare from Katsuki. He doesn't think either of them can hold out much longer.

"We need to do a tactical retreat-"

"No, you and your shitty party retreat!" Katsuki is resilient as he is quick to get up on his feet like his battered body didn't receive a beating. "Leave before you-"

"I'm not going to leave you behind!" Izuku's green eyes shined with determination. "I don't want to Kacchan... If we have to continue fighting to protect our home, we'll do it together!"

Katsuki looks with stunned surprise as Izuku get up from the ground and places a hand at the hilt of the buried sword to grip into tightly. "I swear on this sword."

"If this is how you want to fucking die then I'll just have to keep stopping your stubborn ass." The ash blond reaches out to grip the large hilt of the sword as well just on top of Izuku's hand. "You ain't dying before me, Deku. I'm never gonna lose, but be victorious as next King in line for my people and allies."

His grip tightens with a victorious Bakugou grin.

"I swear on this sword."

In a burst of light, the battlefield is put into a slow mode. Enemies and their parties slowed down in their movement in heated battle around them. Midoriya and Bakugou the only ones moving normally.

We have felt your presence,

Izuku looks around for the voice.

We have heard your goals,

Katsuki grip on the hilt tightens.

We know your balance

The sword between them glows and slowly starts to split into two. The huge blade cut cleanly down the middle as it's pulled out, each with its own rounded handle for its two users.

We past users accept and welcome you home

Katsuki and Izuku look at each other with disbelief.

Our Hero of Balance, may your will be done unto these lands

Time was set back into place for those around them. The sounds of metal and blows exchanging with one another clearly in their ears.

"The Blade!" Someone from the battle exclaims seeing them.

Katsuki doesn't waste a second as he charges with newfound powers cutting through his enemies while  Izuku run over to aid his party and ally in keeping them safe.

The battle downsizing for the enemy as their pushed back to make a retreat. Kurogiri disappears on the stubborn ones who decided to stay and fight.

Izuku looks to Katsuki to find him about to be attacked once again from behind.

A sense of deja vu for the class as they are reminded of the underground ring from a memory near the beginning of all this.

Midoriya once again covered Bakugou, this time successfully catching the blade with his own. Katsuki eyes narrow as he parries the blade from the current enemy he's facing and knocking the human back with an explosion from his hands.

Then he swings around to do the same explosive attack on Izuku's current opponent.

"Fuck off!"

"Kacchan?!"

Red eyes meet green with a glare. "Move aside Deku!"

Izuku couldn't get another word in as he's pulled aside by his witch friend's magic to float towards them.

Katsuki side stepping around him to do a straight up kick where the sun don't shine to the fucker who tried to get him from behind and make Izuku save his hide once again.

The last conscious enemy falls with his hands between his legs and tears falling from the corner of his eyes.

Bakugou is relentless as he kicks the ass of the enemy aside as he returns to Midoriya and their friends.

"Fucking bullshit," Bakugou said loud enough for the class to catch his seething curse.

The memory fades off as their classmate rejoins the group much to everyone's concern.

"So the Hero of Balance..." Iida starts surprised.

"Is not one Hero, but two, and it's Midoriya and Bakugou." Yaoyorozu finishes rightfully seeing as her co rep was still stunned in place.

Aizawa could feel a major headache coming onto himself but he does his best to mind it off for the time being until he can crawl back into his sleeping bag. His problem students were becoming even more problematic.

All Might couldn't help but worry over the two, current and past Midoriya and Bakugou. Was this suppose to mean his students as still dawn for even more greatness even if he already suspected it in the beginning?

Bakugou has always shown massive acceleration through hero classes and his studies. Not to mention the time he takes to train by himself and reach higher to improve on natural instinct. Always confident to go for the top dispute his explosive tendencies in his personality. The candle he holds burns bright in his hands, never really melting the wax keeping it aflame.

As for Midoriya, his successor to One for All, has always gone straight to holding out a hand for anyone in need of help. His cheerful nature and determination send his student in high prospects to be the next example of a hero for the next generation to come. Just like Bakugou, he holds a candle, but passed down from many heroes accepting the duty of holding One for All. The flame that has been kept alive for many years and passed like a torch, like a symbol of hope.

Their surroundings change to Bakugou's home Kingdom. Instead of it being the usual running kingdom, it's all decorated and lively.

The Kingdom of Draconia's Symbol on display proudly on every size of flags placed through out the streets. The symbol a crisis at sun with triangular flames colored in orange blended into yellow. A black outline of a dragon head down to its neck in the middle. Some kids passing them by or through them waving little hand made flags laughing.

"Hear ye! Welcome one and all to our home! Come celebrate our Prince's coronation! Hahaha!" A large man heartily sounds by his cart of goods. Other merchants around sharing in the positive atmosphere with their own laughter.

"Tsk," A familiar click of the tongue is heard.

They find Bakugou amongst the crowd of people walking about the traffic. Instead of his usual clothing, he dawned a dark brown cloak with a hood which hide his spiky ash blond hair. Most of the hood covered his face too as to not give away his identity.

Quiet and swift as he leaves the plaza to a path into the woods. He takes a couple of repeated paths before making it to a clearing with a mid size lake. A lone willow tree a bit hunched over with its long greenery slightly swaying to the small breeze in time.

Coming closer to the tree they see their green haired classmate seated quietly with his back against the tree. His eyes watching the still water of the lake, eyes tracking ripples from the occasional fish swimming up to the surface every once in awhile. Beside him rests his half of the Hero's Blade, his left hand resting on top of the rounded hilt covered in white cloth.

"Oi, Deku."

With a small flinch, Midoriya straightens himself and relaxes knowing his friend's voice. "Kacchan..." He said looking over his shoulder to see the prince take off his hood.

Katsuki is quick to rid of the heavy cloak and throw it aside of them. He pulls his hidden half of the Hero's Blade from a cover strapped to his back and stick it up right on the ground. Unlike Izuku's, his hilt is wrapped in a red cloth with the extra ends hanging off from the knot tie.

"S-Shouldn't you be in the palace?" Izuku stutters a little in the beginning. His expression showing his confusion as to why the teen is even here. "Don't you need to get ready for your coronation?"

"I don't fucking need to get ready." He seats himself down next to the other with a huff. His legs crossed together while he rests his cheeks against his hand. Red eyes looking out to the water.

"But you've been waiting to be King since were so small."

"It's not like I'm not ready Deku. I just don't need to be prepped up like some other asshole princes. I'll go as damn self if it's the last thing I do."

Izuku rests his chin comfortably on his other hand as he looks back to the lake. His eyes half closed while Katsuki relaxes a bit in the moment of silence.

"Ne, do you remember this place?"

Bakugou hums in response. "Of course I do. Wouldn't have found you if I didn't." His arms crossed behind his head to give it a rest for his head as he leans back against the tree.

"Mmm, our moms would be busy shopping when we used to visit the central kingdom of the south." A little smile makes it to his mouth as he continue talking. "We would run off and you'd take me here."

"You didn't know I was prince of the kingdom then... You always followed me so blindly and listened to everything you hear. I remember you used to spew rumors you'd hear about me." The blond prince chuckles at the last part.

Little him didn't really care back then about how he citizens of the kingdom takes about the prince. He was more focused on training and getting stronger while making sure little Midoriya stayed in line. Not that it worked anyways.

Midoriya blushes in embarrassment at the memory. They had been so young and unknowing. "I couldn't help it Kacchan. I was so curious."

"Curiosity killed a cat you know."

"But satisfaction brought it back," Midoriya lightly retorts as he leans his head to the side so his hand is now cupping his cheek. His green eyes look to the nonchalant blond resting against the tree.

Calm red eyes meet his green ones for a moment.

"Those were the good old days... before you finally got your powers." The green gaze finally looking away from Katsuki's eyes.

"Deku," Katsuki started but his companion interrupts him.

"Why are you here?" Izuku asks somewhat more stern in his tone, finally getting to his point.

"Because you're here," Katsuki simply answers as his crimson gaze meets viridian ones once again in surprise.

"Eh?" The simple sound leaves Izuku as he flushes a bit pink on his freckled cheeks. "W-W-What?!—"

"Don't be an idiot... We both been ignoring it for months since your birthday. I fucking know, you know, what I'm talking about." It didn't pass their classmates' eyes to see a light blush on his own cheeks. Bakugou would surly deny he had been blushing here.

Midoriya covers his face, skin hot against his hands. "Kacchan, did you really have to come here now if all times to talk about this? Today is you coronation, you are about to be King of your kingdom now that your parents stepping down."

"I fucking know that!" His anger not sharp but lenient. He runs his hand through his hair and his nails scratch at the back of his head. "But that not important to me right now."

Izuku lowers his hands just under his open eyes to meet Katsuki's with some hesitance.

"What's important to me is that you stay here, beside me." Katsuki grumbles our as he offers a hand out to his childhood partner. "That's if you'll still have me."

Izuku gave a teary look to his friend and partner. He look like he couldn't ask for anything more. But looked to still have some doubts.

"I'm not fragile. I can fight."

"I don't need someone weak, but I'll still fucking be there."

"I can't give you what you need."

"I don't care."

"I'm not that pretty."

"You wrong yourself."

"I don't know our future."

"Neither do I, but we can find out together."

Gently he slips his hand over Bakugou's offered hand.

"You're not fair, Kacchan." Izuku softly says.

"As I have been told many times by you before, Deku." His hand holds Midoriya's hand assuringly. He looks at said teen who now has tears trailing down his cheeks. "Stop crying nerd." His reaches with his other hand, moving his body to face Izuku more forwardly to swipe away those tears.

"But Kacchan, how can I when you say all that." Izuku sniffs as he left Katsuki dry his face. He was so overcome with emotion, pleasant ones not that the class could identify on the spot.

"Smile Deku."

Bakugou surprises the class as he tilts his head forward slightly to place a gentle kiss to the back of Midoriya's hand.

"It suits you better."

The Prince of Draconia is right.

Midoriya Izuku is better off smiling.

Despite his tears, their classmate's smile always brings about their own smile. It's warm and assuring to anyone receiving or looking over.

A loud roar of a dragon breaks the cute moment between the two teens under the willow's shade.

Katsuki responding with an annoyed groan while Izuku is giggling as he dries off the rest of his face after his crying.

"Time for you to go."

Bakugou doesn't like he wants to, but he also needs to in order to obtain his birthright. "You better be there when I'm crowned."

Midoriya doesn't miss a beat as he chuckles lightly.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world."

The memory fades from them and are left with confusion and question. Previous question from Midoriya's memories having been answered the best they could get, but leaves more room for question.

"So from what I can summarize," Starts Iida. "The Hero's Blade was left in the care of the Bakugou Family to hide and protect until the next Hero could come to retrieve it. Bakugou was sent to go protect from a personal distance while trying to prevent Midoriya and his group from further attaining the Blade."

Iida's choppy arm movement getting to his next point. "I'm the end, it turns out both Midoriya and Bakugou were the Heroes needed to pull out the Blade that had split in half for both of them to use. They are the Hero of Balance."

"Not only that, but the villains in our time is similar to theirs albeit a bit more toned down in a way." Yaoyorozu adds in her commentary to the summarization. "It they're our past selves as well as the villains than this must mean something like this is happening now perhaps?"

Aizawa crosses his arms as he also thinks of this. Wondering if this is all a warning that this could end up with a similar ending to this story in the present time.

Essentially, that would mean Midoriya and Bakugou have a purpose here.

As heroes for the next generation.

"But you know, Bakugou being out of sight in the last memory before his coronation was manly, right? He said he wanted to go as himself and not as some prepped up prince." Kirishima grins proudly as his friend's thinking.

"Hmm, I wonder though, what Bakugou-kun was talking about with Midoriya-chan? Kero. Bakugou seemed like he was proposing something.” Tsuyu wonders aloud while most of her classmates gave her shrugs.

Uraraka spoke up, “I feel like it has to do with their past growing up. Kinda like our current Deku and Bakugou’s past...“

Mina shrugs her shoulder with her hands raised, “We’d probably understand more if you knew about their past, but Bakugou and Midoriya are pretty tight lip about their childhood. Well other than that they just grew up together wanting to be heroes like the rest of us.”

“Shh guys! Another one is starting!”

Chapter 8: Pause and Welcoming Source

Summary:

The viewing with Psych is stopped due to time and unexpected awakening not caused her quirk. A pause momentarily in viewing until they return to viewing the past of their dynamic duo from a different source so close to home in their hearts.

Chapter Text

Before the next memory setting could even take place, they heard a groan from one of the sleepers. The misty illusion losing its hold as a mind comes conscious.

All Might and Aizawa focused on said student starting to wake up while Psych is forcefully taken out of the shared library. She comes to looking shocked having not woken up on her own will.

As for the one waking up, it's none other than Bakugou. His face scrunched up for a moment before slowly opening his eyes to reveal the red color of his irises. His scowl returning to his face while taking a look around the room confused.

"Are we fucking done?" He asks scratching at the back of his head with a yawn. "What time is it?"

Psych looks at the student dumbfounded. Never, she means never, has one of her patients pulled her out from their mindscape before. Then she looks to Izuku who is still managing in his sleeping state undisturbed.

However, it would seem like Bakugou slight jostling waking up makes him lose his stable sleep. He leans more towards Bakugou's side where the blond proceeds to let the student rest his head on his shoulder comfortably.

Katsuki mumbles something unintelligible close to Izuku as he lazily pets his hair.

"What happened?" All Might finally decides to voice in a soft tone towards the young woman.

"I'm not sure..." Psych says as she takes the metallic crown off from her head. Hatsume taking the crown device back in her hands to look at in case she missed something on her baby creation. "This hasn't happened before. If I were to make an assumption on this it would be probably that their minds close themselves off from further viewing of their past memories. We have been looking through their memories for a long time now it’s late in the being already."

The sky outside already color mix in hues of red, pink, and yellow as the sun is setting in the distance. It had gotten so late already since starting this memory viewing after classes were over in the afternoon.

"Thanks for your help Psych, but I think it's best if we stop here." Aizawa, like many of his students, wanted to look more into the past memories but it doesn't really seem safe to continue further anymore. If anything, maybe Bakugou and Midoriya remembers something from all of this.

"It's been an adventure EraserHead. Thank you for seeking out my assistance." Psych thanks as she stands from her chair to bow to him and the class. They bow back to her in thanks and respect for her time.

She has more requests of her quirk use starting tomorrow by the hero commission so she'll be too busy to come back again to help her fellow heroes at work. "Perhaps we'll meet again in the future when your full fledge heroes."

All Might is the one to escort their guest out of the classroom while Aizawa gets his students back on track.

The homeroom teacher looks at the duo in their seats up front looking tired and drained. Be it from the quirk aftereffects or genuine lull for sleep, he doesn't really know. He looks to his other students and gets their help.

"Kirishima, help carry Bakugou back to his room. Tokoyami, you with Midoriya if you will. I expect you all to get some rest the moment you return to the dorms."

Iida raises his hand and Aizawa acknowledges him with a nod. "Sensei, how should we proceed with our classmates' situation?"

"Just treat them as you normally do. They are still Bakugou and Midoriya but with instances where they act like their past selves. The teachers will adapt as well to their behaviors when they are informed of what happened here today and plan for further history research of the past to see what we can dig up on what we saw." Aizawa rubs at his eyes tiredly. "Until then, dismissed."

Kirishima hauls Bakugou on his feet with the help of Kaminari after getting their things from their desks. 

Tokoyami helps moving Midoriya back to the dorms with the help of Dark Shadow. The quirk manifestation gently petting the boy's fluffy hair in comfort during the whole walk back.

Once the two were dropped off to their room, the students of Class 1-A went about doing what they usually do with some worry or concerns at their back of their minds for their classmates.

Only time will tell how seeing the past will affect their future.

 


 

A month has passed them by when the teachers got a lead into Midoriya and Bakugou's strange past in that medieval fantasy like setting.

Student internships were well underway making the students busy with their chosen Hero Agency. During this time, the period provided the school faculty time to do some research when they weren't busy with their students or helping in raid missions.

With some provided funds they were able to track down some very old tribes that may be related to the Kingdom of Draconia and their allies still living on in their present time. All Might was the one to contact them through an interpreter who is currently living with the tribe since discovering them.

All communications were through letters since the tribes refused to set up modern devices of technology in their lands.

Those lands were sacred and historic after all to the natives.

All Might opened his latest letter which had the final approval they needed to visit said island. Something he had talked over with Nezu and Aizawa about a class trip to a different environment to learn about respecting a different culture and their customs.

Nezu, of course, approves happily thinking it's a good learning experience on a hands on kinda thing. Aizawa was just handed the permission forms for his students to fill out and have their parents sign to an agreement of travel.

Which he is doing right now to his hyper class.

"Permission forms, get them signed if you want to go on this trip." The homeroom teacher of Class 1-A says simply. He drops the pile of permission forms on his desk.

"Class Field Trip!" The class shouts in unison saved for a few students.

Iida, being Iida, stand up with a promptly raised hand.

"Iida."

"Sir! Why are we heading out on a field trip during this time? Is this for hero related work?" His arms going choppy to make a clear statement.

Aizawa looks at his class calmly. "This class will be learning how to deal with respecting a different culture and it's customs. You never know when you'll be called to work out of Japan and work with entirely different culture. You certainly don't want to disrespect them so it's best to get a head start on experiencing these things. Class 1-B will also be doing the same at a different site."

He then looks over to Bakugou and Midoriya. The memory viewing didn't even help surface any memories for them to remember. Both students during the last month still remain unaware their continual routine of falling into their past habits sometimes unless a classmate points it out. At the moment they seem fine, but at any given moment they could be different.

"This trip is also related to Bakugou and Midoriya's condition." This got said students to lean in attention hearing him. "The site we are going to is a tribe long associated with the Kingdom of Draconia. All Might has been in contact with a resident interpreter who has gotten us approval to visit for sometime by the tribe's elders.

"Where is the site located anyways?" Sato asks.

"Far off the east coast of the mainland on an island never really trespassed since it's considered protected and sacred. Only with special permission from the natives can they allow for outsiders to come in."

Aizawa bends down a bit to pick up another stack of papers. This time they are pamphlet based. "With that being said you'll find what you'll need to review about this tribe's culture and customs in these pamphlets."

"What about the language barrier?" Yaoyorozu question so they don't miss anything important.

"The resident interpreter has agreed to translate for us the entire trip since they speak Draconic. Some of the natives have learned Japanese like the elders and some of the younger children even though it's rare. A small percentage will be able to talk to you back in Japanese." He looks around the class once more to see if there is anyone else who wants to pop a question. "No more questions? Then come up and pick up your permission forms." He retreats into his yellow sleeping bag as usual to rest.

The papers were passed around with some shared whispers about how the trip will go. Some were excited, others were curious, and the latter were somewhere between.

Midoriya looks to his childhood playmate's back with an unsure expression. His eyes than glance out the window looking somewhat dazed.

After the memory viewing, his friends had told him a bit about his past self the best they could. His old self seemed more determined and strong willed if anything. Most importantly, he shared a more stable holding relationship with past Kacchan.

They were partners, equals fighting to save and win for everyone around them.

Something he wished would be the same for him and current Kacchan.

He shakes his head at the thought. Kacchan now wouldn't want that. The ash blond was aiming for the top to be number one without him getting in the way.

His hand cups his cheek against his palm to rest on as Aizawa starts class again. His mind only half listening.

He wonders what the trip will bring them.

 



Later that day, Bakugou was finishing up his daily jog that he bumped into Midoriya's training routine spot on the porch.

"Kacchan!" The teen greets with a smile.

The ash blond walks up to the other and holds his hand out to him. "Why are you still out here Deku? It's late already."

Izuku fidgets on the spot and rubs at the back of his nape. "A-Ah, I just wanted to get some last minute training in before I shower and head to bed."

Katsuki hums as he glances at the notebook laid out on the ground. "Don't over do it nerd. We don't need you fucking breaking another bone before the trip."

For a moment there's an awkward silence between the two. With their newfound knowledge of their past self and their current actions, they were a little wary of doing something odd. Wary as they are about their actions they still tend to fall into past habits without notice unless someone points it out.

The explosive one out of the two pulls his hand back realizing he had just been holding it out like he was expecting something in return. He tries to brush it off casually if it weren't for his rival's avoidant gaze.

Somehow, Izuku's avoiding gaze hits something in him. He wants those emerald eyes to look at him.

He mentally shakes off the thought before the idea could tow any further on himself.

Izuku bends down to pick up his notebook quickly from the porch and hug it to his chest. "I should probably stop here for the night. I-It was nice talking to you, Kacchan."

Without realizing it, Katsuki reaches out to catch Izuku's wrist in his hand. Their eyes meeting with surprise.

"Kacchan?"

"Deku, I-"

They couldn't have a moment to continue when the front doors of the dorm open by their teacher. He looks up from the floor and notices them.

"You two get in, it's almost curfew." Aizawa said in his usual tired tone. He didn't seem to hear their conversation from what they can tell from his usual stoic expression.

"Yes, sensei!" Midoriya's wrist slips from Bakugou's loosen hold as he moves forward to enter the building.

Bakugou stays in place while his childhood playmate disappears inside after running pass their teacher.

"Bakugou," Aizawa said calmly.

Narrowed crimson eyes meet Aizawa's black ones.

"———— —— ——— ———-," Bakugou's foreign language catching him a bit off guard.

The now angry teen trudges past him with a click of his tongue.

Aizawa closes the door behind them as he carefully watches his student's back until he turns the corner. He moves carefully to the entrance of the large common room entrance to observe incase his problem child makes another fuss.

As normal, Bakugou approaches his group sitting in front of the tv. He speaks to them in his past self's draconic tongue confusing his classmates for sometime.

Sero notices him watching and see him nod before nodding back. The teen catching on that they need to calm the boy down in his steed.

Aizawa leaves Bakugou's friends to it while he goes to his own room to prepare for the trip.

Paperwork is needed to be done after all even if the permission forms were yet to be turned in.

 



Class 1-A soon found themselves grounded after sometime on the long boat journey to the island called Luna. They learned the name of the island came from the Goddess of the Moon in respect to the faith their old King's betrothe believed in. A fun little fact they learned from the teachers who accompanied them.

The teachers who accompanied them were none other than Midnight, Present Mic, All Might, and of course EraserHead. 

"Ah! Finally land!" Denki cries out in joy after setting foot on the sand of the beach. He still hasn't regained his land legs yet.

"Get it together man, we gotta be respectful remember?" Sero reminds walking to stand next to the fallen body of his friend. He shakes his head while the blond sighs in content on the ground.

All Might and Aizawa were the ones to meet with the interpreter and an island native, an elder by the looks of it, when they come pass the tree line. The interpreter wearing normal, casual clothing while the elder native wore traditional, tribal clothing. 

"Welcome!" The tall man with short brown hair, and amber eyes welcomes them with a smile. "This is U.A's teachers and Class 1-A?"

"Ah, yes. I'm All Might, but you can call me Toshinori. My work partners, Midnight, Present Mic, and EraserHead," All Might fumbles a bit in talking with the interpreter. He's had his fair share working with interpreters but this one made him a bit nervous. Perhaps it's because he's nervous or excited to learn his students' past. "You must be Meno?"

"Yes, Meno Enma at your service as your translator during your stay. Pleasure to meet you all." He bows formally to the group. Meno straightens up from his bow with a welcoming smile stretching his lips.

A hitched breath sound from the elder native. His squinted eyes widening while maintaining a forward gaze.

Those around who hear stop and stare, following his gaze to their troublesome duo. Midoriya title his head slightly looking confused while Bakugou seems to unconsciously moves to cover some of the greenet's body with a scowl on his face.

"——— ————— ———." The elder said to which on a few in the vicinity understood. "———- ———- ———- ——— ———- ———— ——————— ———-."

"What's he saying?" Aizawa quietly asks Meno.

"Uh, well the chief elder is very surprised. I haven't even seen him this surprised before. Roughly he said: 'I can't believe it' and 'The God of the Sun and Goddess of the Moon have blessed us in their return.'"

The elder beside him even begins to to cry while his hands fold together tightly. His eyes squeezing shut as he says even more things quietly like a prayer.

Bakugou and Midoriya come over, more like Izuku runs over to comfort the old man while Katsuki chases after him.

"———- ———— ——— ———- ——," Midoriya said to the old man while lightly patting his back.

"———- ——— ——— ——— ———-," The native said back still holding his respectful position.

"'It's alright elder, please don't cry.' The boy said." Then the translator tells them the elder's sentence. "'The Goddess and God has blessed both your return.'"

Izuku smiles at the elder softly and continue talking with him in the foreign language. Katsuki rolls his eyes while making some inputs into the conversations following between the two.

So much that the interpreter couldn't keep up with translating as their speak gradually gets faster. It ends up with the man summarizing what he hears from the conversation before the three stop taking.

Izuku brings his hands up to his mouth with a slow expression realization taking his face. The fact that he talked and understood what the elder said to him was shocking. He looks to his teachers who were both curious and stilled in surprise alongside their main translator.

"Um, s-sorry! I just r-reacted without even realizing-"

While Izuku fumbles with his apology, Katsuki keeps his eyes on the elder firmly. Some sort of recognition was going through his head like the old man's face is familiar to him.

"Honma?" The ash blond student said in question.

The old man laughs like the old man he is and shakes his head. Saying something back to Bakugou which their translator translate aloud for them.

"My Old King, I am but my many greats grandfather's grandchild. A descendant from his line of one of his highness's royal warriors who fought along side him to take down the darkness forces that had threatened the land. It is with great honor that I remind you of him." The brunet translator says for the guests.

He continues as the elder tribe member speaks some more before turning his back to them to lead them to the tribal home. "Please let me have the honor of escorting you home with your guests."

The teachers talk to their translator along the way while Katsuki continues to make small talk with the elder on the way to the village.

Izuku hovering near them while looking back nervously to his classmates who smile at him to assure him that their okay with the surprising development.

"You and your entourage look very well my old king. I've seen many art relating to your old self. I've heard tales of you and your friends." The old man chuckles as he nods amused. "But there is nothing more wonderful than hearing about the love you posses for your betrothed."

"My betrothed?" Katsuki repeats in confusion.

"Do you not remember? You swore hand in hand that not matter what you'll find each other again... At least that's the story of you both that's been passed down for many generations." Humming the old man takes a quick side glance at Izuku who is none the wiser at listening into their conversation. The boy seemingly more focused on his classmates.

Bakugou rolls his eyes with a harsh tsk. "Don't remember lovey dovey shit like that. What kinda crap are you shouting old man?"

"Ho, it would seem the gods have other plans on your reunion. If they are quiet then I must be so to you too, my old king."

"Why can't you just fucking tell me?"

"Because you are my old king... If I know anything about you, it's that you'll want to figure it out yourself."

Katsuki's crimson colored eyes narrow, not in challenge but in understanding towards the elder tribesman. He shoves his hands into his pockets to hide his hands clenching inside them. His head turning the other way in unspoken way of saying he'll stop talking anymore for the time being.

An hour into their walk and the group stats to see the entrance of the village they'll be staying in temporarily. But upon entering the village they notice an old stone carved sculpture on display in the middle of what they can call the plaza.

One of the figures of the statue stood tall with their long bladed sword pointed forward where the sun would rise over the waters. While the other statue stood straight and calmly poised behind the first, facing where the sun would fall to rest until next morning. Their similar sword resting blade tip down and hands resting on top of one another on the round tip of the hilt.

Those statues were so obviously Bakugou and Midoriya but much older in their young adult phases probably. Bakugou wearing the clothes they saw from the memories just like Midoriya is behind him. Both their expressions matching their character to their frozen position.

"Those statues...," Aizawa said towards their translator looking for some information.

"Ah, it was the last gift the Old King's father-in-law presented to him." Meno says sadly as he looks up at the statues. He places his right hand over his heart with a soft smile."Some of the tribes people call it the 'Fool's gift' or 'Traitor's Gift'."

"Why would they call it that?" Midnight asks as she places a hand in her hip. She’s also looking up at the statue with a curious expression but thinks fondly of her two students who share a mysterious past.

Meno’s sorry eyes don’t stray from the sculpture. "The Old King was betrothed to a wonderful person... so very loved along with their mother. Yet, their father was not known since he worked so far from them.” He shakes a his head and gives a curt bow to the old heroes of the past.

“It was found out later that the soon to be Queen's father was the ancient evil wanting to take over the land. Sadly his evil ways ended up killing his own blood." The heroes couldn't tell if the man pitied the ancient evil or perhaps sympathy for the Old King and his betrothed.

The interpreter continues, “The father turned himself in with no fight to the Old King. Confessed his sins before him and was sent to the dungeon to wait for his execution. While in wait he carved stone from his own cell walls day after day until his execution.” He sighs once and looks at the pro heroes solemnly.

“The Old King and his guards arrived judgement day to bring the ancient evil to his end. Before his execution, he presented the sculpture finished in his cell behind him tiredly. He told the Old King, 'My last gift to you and beloved my child. Something for the new generation to remember this time's heroes.'"

The translator shrugs his shoulder and looks to the heroes. "It was said that the ancient evil loved his family dearly so... Thats why he accepted his punishment without a fight."

The group of adults moved again to catch up to the students heading to their housing area. Some kids from the tribe would follow along side them talking in their own languages.

Some kids pointed at Izuku and Katsuki, whispering hush voices then speaking to the elder. The elderly of the village would stop and bow as they walk pass much to Izuku's embarrassment. Katsuki would move along like none of it was happening without care.

They soon reach the housing unit which are two separate buildings. One to house the boys while the other will house the girls for the duration of the stay.

"The huts on the right side will be for the males, the females will stay in the left side." Meno translates after the elder speaks. "The springs are open all the time if you wish to wash. Both bathing areas are on the opposite sides of the living space. There are guards always on site between the springs to stop anyone from invading any gender's privacy." 

The students and teachers give them a thankful bow for the hospitality given to them. They are left to choose their huts, three to four in a hut, and settle down.

While doing so, the teachers decide to drop their stuff off in their own hut and ask their waiting translator some questions as the students are busy settling in. Getting information from him was simple enough. Meno is very happy to share his information to the guests of the island where he has been living and learning about for the past few years.

If they wanted to learn more about the tribes around the area as well as the past, they should speak to someone in the elder council or seek out a witch or mage. Witches and mages were a surprise to hear about actually being real, but given today's society they might as well label them having quirks.

"If we wanted to see a witch or mage, where should we go?" Present Mic asks while rubbing his chin.

"Lady Urana is the best witch you can seek answers from in this village. She is a descendant of a former witch to the royal family of Todoroki in the past. She lives on the hill over there," He said pointing to a mid size hut on the hill that over looks the plaza. "She wouldn't be to surprised if you just walked in, but I'd knock first. The witch tends to practice her magic on the daily and sometimes backfires."

"If possible, could we see her now?" All Might asks.

Meno hums in thought. "I don't believe she's busy. We could go check now if you'd like."

"That would be helpful." Aizawa wanted nothing more than to find more information on this place and its mysterious past connected to his students.

"Sensei!" His students coming towards them with ready assemble.

"Hey little listeners! You're just in time to come with us!"

"Where to sir?" Iida voices his classmates' thoughts. It was only their first day on the island and their already heading out without much information.

Meno happily answers Iida's question with a grin. "Meeting our resident witch! She's very friendly and has a certified background from the tribe of past linage to an important witch working with a royal family in the past." He waves at hand at them to follow after him and the teachers. "This way!"

The students follow along back around the plaza area and up a natural ramp along the hill to reach the witch's hut. The smell of flowers from around the house overpowering the smokey aroma emanating from the chimney.

Meno hurried forward pass the teachers to stop them from stepping closer to the hut. "Hold on, give me a minute to check if she's experimenting with her magic."

Aizawa sighs and shoos him off with a wave. He and the teachers shielding their students in case something does backfire from the witch's home.

The brunet heads over to the door and gives it a few knocks against the wood. Speaking in quick Draconic language to the occupant of the house through the door.

Instead of an answer, the wooden door is flung open and Meno stumbles back. His eyes widen at whatever is standing before him which they assume is probably the owner of the hut. Instead, Meno takes a couple steps back in stunned silence.

Someone steps out from the house to turn and face them with a straight face.

"Hey... isn't that Uraraka?!" Kaminari exclaims with a raised finger pointed at the doppelgänger.

Said girl standing in front of the group with her friends looks at the double with a mixture of surprise and awe. "That's me?" Is all she can voice.

"Wait a second, but she's dressed in Witch Uraraka's clothes. Kero," Tsuyu states as she points out the difference. The double of their classmate is indeed wearing the witch clothing of Uraraka's past self. "She also looks more like an adult version of herself."

A true observation as this Uraraka is taller and mature looking. The wooden staff in her hands looks longer with some silver decorations and a red orb floating in the inner circle of the top half of her staff. Her pink clothing exchanged for a more white cloth with pink trimmings. The top left of her cloak, over her chest, rests a silver brooch with an engraving of fire and ice swords crossed together.

The adult version of Uraraka takes a step forward followed by another. One after the other until she stand in front of the students. 

More specifically one Midoriya Izuku.

Another surprise comes from the tears the double sheds from her gentle eyes.

Izuku fumbles with his hands in front of him looking up at his friend's double. "Uraraka!"

The woman takes a knee before him with a tearful look. "Izuku... You've returned..."

The teen couldn't explain the urge in him to comfort her. He didn't know the word that could explain the pain in his heart seeing her crying before him. Izuku didn't want to see his best friend crying, she should be smiling happily.

He doesn't hesitate to follow his instincts to comfort a friend. A long lost friend his heart and mind whisper in unison. His hands hold her face as he leans down some to meet her tearful eyes.

"Don't cry Ochaco... I'm here, I am here now."

The woman's sorrowful face slowly pulls off a tearful smile. Izuku can't help but hug her tightly as the pain eases from his chest.

Adult Uraraka starts to fade in flows of pink glowing balls like fireflies. The magic fading as it is carries off by the gentle breeze passing them by. Izuku's embrace left empty from the person who he had missed dearly from a close friend so long ago.

Another woman comes out from inside the house looking frazzled. Her long, dark brown hair in a wavy mess around her head. Arms wrapped in bandages while the rest of her body is covered in a lavender tunic and fitting white trousers. Black boots coming to an end under her knee.

She looks around until she spots Meno with a pointed expression. "Enma! What is going on today?!" The younger woman pulls the man to his feet by her strength along by the front of his vest. "The spirits are going crazy! My greatest ancestor even appeared out of nowhere and kept staring at the Old King's archive until she disappeared moments ago!"

"Lady Urana! Calm down!" Meno shakes the woman by the shoulders. He sighs when she finally relents to composing herself. "You have company, the island’s guests. They've come to inquire about the land's history during the Old King's time."

This young witch, Lady Urana, looks to the group when Meno moves a hand to their direction.

Immediately her eyes catch on Uraraka when she's scanning the group over with her doe brown eyes.

"M-My word! Greatest Ancestor of the Ravity Clan!" Urana rushes over to the student and grabs at her hands in her own. Leaning forward as her curious eyes meet Uraraka's surprised ones. "You are real! Alive even!" Her hands tap at the gentle hands in her own callous ones. "In the flesh! This must be the god and goddess's work, yes! Reincarnation perhaps?"

"Um, w-who are you?" Uraraka asks confused by the situation and closeness of the young woman before her who strikes in similar likeness to her.

The woman takes a step back with an amazed smile. She bows a bit to the group in formality.

"Forgive me for my forwardness! Allow me to introduce myself Greatest Ancestor." She snaps her fingers together which comes to summon a familiar long staff they had seen past adult Uraraka holding moments ago. The sliver decorations clinking together in its sudden movement of summon.

"I am Ravity Urana! Daughter of the late Witch, Ravity Hana and her husband, Nambe Tobio. Currently I am the only living descendant of the Ravity Clan from which came into being during the Old King's time." She stand straight up again with a soft smile. "You, my Greatest Ancestor, were one of the closest friends among the Old King's rather large court."

Meno walks up to her side rubbing the back of his head with a quiet apology to the teachers about her behavior. "Lady Urana is well taught in speaking Japanese. So holding a conversation with her in your our native tongue will be easier to all of you."

Uraraka cheeks dust a light pink in embarrassment as she learns a bit about her past self so far. She among her friends seemed to be held at a high position back then in her old life. Close to her best friend and tiny crush she quietly thinks to herself. Now added she is among Bakugou's court as a friend... that actually a lot to take in.

She glances the blond's quiet direction who didn't seem to mind much of what was said. Although she wonders how she even came into being a close enough friend to be in his court.

"Lady Urana?" All Might says to get the young lady's attention. "We came to learn about the history of this island... Around the time Young Midoriya and Young Bakugou here became heroes, their past selves that is."

The witch then looks to where the former hero gestures to two teens standing nearer to the teachers. Her eyes widening seeing the two males, one looking indifferent while the other flushes under the attention.

"How wonderful," Her voice sounding amused as she rubs at her chin. "Yes, this would explain so much!" Urana's laughter not so much taking them off guard unlike the other surprises they've had all day.

She turns on her heal to head for the door of her large hut. "Follow me please! You wish to learn the history of the Hero of Balance!" She opens her door wide with a welcoming expression.

"Are you going to show them the archive?" Meno asks as he takes a stand next to her while the students and teachers file into the woman's home.

She nods in response firmly as she has made the decision long before. "The spirits have made a fuss probably since their arrival to the island. My Greatest Ancestor's spirit has shown herself and quietly shown to me what I need to do." Surely she must follow to her wishes and show them the Old King's archive.

There is a story to be told.

The spirits and her Greatest Ancestor ask for her to show them.

This witch will deliver in the name of her Clan.

Meno enters the hut followed by an excited witch who laughs.

The door closing behind them with an playful creek.

"Welcome home they say."

Notes:

Leave a like or a comment if you found this interesting ^^ First time writing a fanfic for this fandom, hope you guys enjoy!