Actions

Work Header

The Menagerie

Summary:

Chloé had what she could only describe as the best bad luck in the world. Her best friend gets to come to school? He forgets about her. Her mother comes home? Her attention is immediately focused on Dupain-Cheng. She loses Pollen, after the worst Akuma she's ever been turned into, then finds a Miracle Box.

These are the stories of the many faces of Chloé Bourgeois, here in the Menagerie

Notes:

My first fanfic on here, please be gentle.

Chapter 1: A fateful walk

Chapter Text

Chloé Bourgeois was steaming mad. Absolutely furious. Incredibly angry. Normally, this would be a reason to run for the hills, to cover your ears and prey the shrieking tirade ended soon. Normally, this would result in an Akuma rising from the depths of Hawkmoth's twisted imagination, coming to try and strike down the hero's of Paris, only to be dispatched by a couple of teens in tight fitting cloathing.

Today, however, was anything but normal.

Today had been the day of the Miracle Queen. The day she had finally gotten her beloved hairpin back. When she became Queen Bee once more, if even for a few wonderful moments of pure acceptance.

Today was the day, she lost that for good.

It was infuriating. It was ridiculous, utterly ridiculous!

And yet a small part of her, deep inside, knew why she was lashing out, why she was trying desperately to claw her anger into everything she owned.

It was heartbreaking.

With a snarl, the fallen queen of paris stood, grabbing her purse as she stood, walking into the Hall as she ignored Jean-Whatever's voice calling after her, the worry ("the only worry I'll hear today." A treacherous part of her mind hissed) in his voice nearly making her pause before her anger overcame her again. Walking out the door of her family's hotel, she ignored her lobey dovey parents, ignored the mutters and pointed looks, and kept walking, moving deeper into Paris as she looks for something, ANYTHING to distract her.

Almost like it was summoned by her very will, chloe turned a corner to see a tourist trap, a line of stalls and shops ment to entice the eye with cheap fakes, little knick knacks, and keychains. A place that repulsed Chloé to her very core.

The perfect place noone would look for her as she tried to spend her feelings away.

With a snarl, Chloé entered into the lines of stalls, hand firmly on her purse as she stalked the back road stalls for anything that could catch her eye. Trying to find somthing that could replace ("cant replace, never replace, can only fill" her heart whispered in pain) the hole she felt, to plug the fountain of anger in her soul.

She really should have gone somewhere else. Even as she stalked like a be eating bear, hawkers tried to get the fallen Queen's attention, pushing their wares forward to catch her eye as she scolded, the cold in her heart growing even as her body burned with anger, until finally she found an outlet.

The moment someone bumped inti her side, she whirled, claws out and ready to tear into her target woth sheer rage and spite as she found herself looking into.... A familiar pair of bluebells.

"Dupen-Cheng." Chloe hissed like a stuck cat, her eyes narrowing as the girl frantically backed up, deep blue hair almost the color of ink bouncing a bit as she tried to avoid the laserlike gaze of her old tormenter. "You are not someone i want to deal with today. Beat it." She growled, imediatly catching a few other people's attention as they turned. Feeling the eyes on her, those judging stares, Chloé flipped her hair, glare pointedly locked on Dupain-Cheng as she quickly scrambled away.

A hypocrite, as always. Telling her to lay off of others, yet never standing up for herself when it mattered. Clumsy as the day was long, but somehow with a natural grace that infuriated her.

Always asking if others were okay, but never even giving Chloé a concerned look.

With a scoff, Chloé moved down a different back road, ignoring her target in favor of trying to lose her pent up agresdion without causing ANOTHER Akuma. That would have just been the peak of her day then and there.

Little did either girl know just how fate had changed that day.

In one world, Marinette would have continued into the same alleyway Chloé had just walked down, coming across somthing incredible that would increase her already high stress levels, soon resulting in her Akumatization, and the eventual defeat of Chat Noir, who fell waiting for a partner that would never come.

In this world, however, it was Chloé who stumbled across the back alley jewelry store. It was Chloé who saw the familiar looking box on a shelf.

It was Chloé who, in a state of desperation she never knew dhe could have, ran inside and bought the expensive jewelry box, filled with odd little pieces that the man running the shop said were cursed. "They cause conflict wherever they go. If your sure you want that, 400 Euro." He said, Chloé tossing him the money without a second thought as she took the box, all but fleeing back to her room in her hotel.

After all, she didn't want anyone to know about her new Miracle Box.