Actions

Work Header

Agent 6: Her Diary [DISCONTINUED]

Summary:

Agent 6 known as Lexis Zhang. The 6th person to join Five-0.

Read her diary to see how her life turned out after joining.

Also posted on Wattpad

◤─────•~❉᯽❉~•─────◥
Started: April 20, 2019
Discontinued: April 23, 2021
BEING REWRITTEN
◣─────•~❉᯽❉~•─────◢

Chapter Text

9:37 ᴀᴍ
April 4, 2015

Dear Diary,

Today the Governor assigned me to a task force named Five-0. Apparently, Commander Lieutenant Steve McGarrett manages the task force. I accepted knowing the costs and consequences of being on the job. Let's hope Steve will be able to accept me. See you next time diary.

Signed by:
Lexis Kim Zhang

--♦--

After I finished my entry, I got into my car ready to meet the Governor at Five-0's HQ. Once I got there I met up with Governor Denning. "Are you ready?" Governor Denning asked. "I could be better. I mean, I'm a random person joining a rather dangerous task force," I said as we were walking up to the office. "Don't worry about it. If he has a problem, he comes to me," he says and we walk in.

A guy comes out of an office in the corner. He looks rather handsome, dashing if I might say.

"Governor Denning, what are you doing here and who's this?" he asks. I'm guessing he's Steve McGarrett.

"This is Lexis Zhang. She'll be joining your task force," Denning says. McGarrett looks at me as I look at the floor.

"Well, are you sure. She looks like she's 15," he says. Tch everyone says that.

"Why judge me by my looks, when you haven't got to know me?" I say. He looks taken back, probably shocked how I responded.

"Oh, she speaks. Well first off how old are you?" McGarrett asks.

"Well I'm 25 for your information and yes I have lived in Hawaii," I say.

"Well I have to go to a meeting, take care of her well McGarrett," Denning says before taking off.

As he leaves, I look back at McGarrett and see him staring at me. He looks at me with curiosity and shocked that random person will be joining the team.

"We have a case, come on," he says.

We get into his truck and we drive to the case. On the way, I admire the beautiful island of Hawaii. I look at Steve and look away when we made eye contact. Embarrassing.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer," he says and I look at him to see that he has a smirk on his face.

"Tch. Typical egoistic bastard," I thought. Once we arrived I immediately get out and head over.

"Hey, boss, who's this?" a woman with short brown hair said.

"This is our new addition from Governor Denning: Meet Lexis Zhang," Steve said as if he hates me.

"Hi Lexis, I'm Kono. it's nice to meet you," she said smiling.

"Likewise," I said smiling as well.

"You'll meet Danny, Grover, and Chin soon. Now that we got introductions out of the way, what happened here?" Steve said. Jeez, what got his panties in a twist- oh wait, it's me.

"Alright, all we know is that it's an execution-style gunshot to the head. The victim's name is Daniel Harper, a 45-year-old widowed father of two," Kono said.

"We have any suspects or witnesses?" I asked.

"We have one witness," Kono paused. "It's his daughter. She's 16"

"What about the other?"Steve asked.

"That's the thing, we don't know."

We made our way over to someone who was examining the body.

"Hey, Max you have anything?" Steve asked.

It was complete silence. The only things I could hear were the other officers and the wind blowing. Finally, he looked up.

"McGarrett," he smiled, and his eyes landed on me. "And who is this?" he asked while standing up.

"Hi, I'm Lexis. The uhm... the new addition to Five-O," I smiled slightly bowing as I noticed he's Japanese.

"Ah, likewise," he smiled and bowed as well.

At least he didn't embarrass me in front of Steve.

"Hey Max, you got anything off the victim?" Steve said, slightly glaring at me.

As Max was telling Steve what he found out about the victim, I ended up getting a call from brother, Brian. He rarely ever calls me, but I always answer.

"Hello?" I say boringly through the phone.

"Hey, uhm... I think I found Irene," he shakily said.

"Wait, what? You're telling me, you found Irene?" I said walking to the car to have some privacy.

"Yeah."

After he said this, I couldn't believe it. So I told him I would come by his home tonight or tomorrow. My sister, Yerin, or "Irene" went MIA after dad's "death". I doubt she knows about mom. I was so engrossed in my thoughts that I didn't notice Steve and blondie coming towards me.

"Hey, what's going on?" Steve asked.

"Hm? Nothing. Just a call from my brother. He wants me to help him prepare for his anniversary, so he can propose to his girlfriend," that was half true. Their anniversary is next week.

"Oh, anyways Danny, Lexis. Lexis, Danny," Steve said.

"Nice to meet you," I smiled. I dropped my hand, knowing he wouldn't shake it.

"So you're the new addition?" Danny said slightly glaring at me.

"Uhm, yes. Hope Im not a burden to you," I said worriedly.

"No no, you're not. I'm just worried that you have to be in the same car as this Neanderthal," he said smiling at me.

I smiled back. On the way to the HQ, Steve and Danny started arguing. They sound like an old married couple. At this point, I was about to jump out.

~ A Couple Minutes Later~

We finally arrived at the HQ. We walked into the area with the table (a/n forgot the name of it!). I then saw two other people, a tall black man and a man who is similar to Kono.

"Uhm hey, listen," all attention was on me, Steve, and Danny. "Denning has just assigned us a new team member."

All eyes were on me so I quickly introduced myself, "H-hello, I'm Lexis Zhang, your new... team member." I was hesitant and I'm sure they noticed. All I wish it to run and hide and never come out.

"Well, hello there. I'm Chin Ho Kelly, "he smiled.

"Hello, Lou Grover, welcome to the team," he said.

"Thank you," I smiled, finally noticing that I was accepted in a group where I belong.

"So let's move on," Steve said.

~ Hours Later ~

"Hey! What the hell is the matter with you!?" Danny yelled.

I had finally arrived at the HQ ready to tell Steve off, but I guessed Danny was already doing that.

"You left her there!" Danny yelled at Steve.

FLASHBACK

"Alright, this is what we're gonna do. Lexis, I need you as a distraction-" I cut off Steve.

"Excuse me, what?" Its already my first day, and I'm being sacrificed," I said slightly angry.

"Expect this a lot from this animal," Danny said, angry as well.

"Anyways, Lexis. I need you to act like a solicitor, you know, hand out some flyers," he said unsure.

"You sure about that?" I asked, arms crossed with an eyebrow raised.

"Yes, yes, I'm sure," he said.

"Alright fine," I replied.

I took off my badge and my gun holster. I grabbed my camo jacket that was in the car. I took the flyers Steve gave me, and I walked up to the doorstep across the street.

I was pretty nervous walking up there, but I finally made it. I rang the doorbell and knocked on the door. I waited, then he opened the door.

"Hello there," I smiled. "I was just letting you know we're having a big bonfire tonight over by Waikiki Beach. And I wanted to invite a couple of people around the neighboorhood."

He responded exactly the way I had hoped, "of course, what time?"

"Starts at 7:30 tonight. It's better to leave early so that you won't miss the comedy acts we have," I said slightly laughing.

"Of course, uhm may I have a flyer?" he asked.

"Oh! Of course," I gave him one. "Have a nice day. Hope to see you there," I said, smiling.

He closed the door with a smile on his face. I quickly walked away only to find out Steve had left me here.

END OF FLASHBACK

"What the hell?" I seethed my voice coming out deeper.

I stalked towards Steve who had a smirk on his face. I was so angry and frustrated with him. How dare he!

"How dare you? Leaving me there? I had to catch a ride with my brother, mind you," I seethed, angry with him. 

"But good news: he bought it," I said. "He actually believed me about the big bonfire that's happening."

Steve looked at me and went into his office not saying anything.

"Wait, he bought it?" Danny asked.

"Yeah, and I have a plan," I said.

"Oh, do you now?" Danny asked sarcastically.

"Yes, I do. Now listen, we're gonna get some HPD officers undercover including us. Especially. I'm gonna try to get him drunk with some mai tais, take him home, then hopefully me and you switch cars. While we do that, I call HPD and we search the house," I said.

I'm hoping she's in there. But we're on a timer until he does something.

"You sure you wanna do that?" Steve asked seriously.

"Yes, I'm sure. I'm gonna get him drunk, hopefully," I said.

I really hope this plan works. This guy has murdered a potentially kidnapped and murdered victim's daughter too.

* TIME SKIP *

We're now at the bonfire. HPD officers are everywhere. and all are ready.

"Hey, look, he arrived. My time to shine," I said to Kono as she started chuckling.

I made my way over to him, "Hey. I'm glad you made it," I said smiling at him.

"Yeah, this bonfire is amazing. Hey, do you know where to get the mai tais?" he asked.

"Yeah, follow me," I said.

We were walking to the little tiki bar that was set up. We ended up walking past the team and I ended up winking at them letting them know I was going to get him drunk.

"It's on me," I said with a smile.

Not even an hour later, and this guy is already drunk. This is his 6th one, I think.

"Hey buddy, I think you had too many. Want me to take you home?" I said.

"Yes," he said drunkenly.

I just parked in front of his house. I get out of the car to see Steve has arrived behind us. I go to Steve as he rolls down the window.

"Wanna switch and take him to the HQ while HPD searches the house?" I asked.

"Sure," he says as he gets out. Steve drives off in the car I drove while Danny and I switch spots.

I call HPD once I see Steve gone. HPD has now surrounded the house. Danny and I then put on our bulletproof vests.

HPD busts down the door, me and the rest of the team rush in. I then hear clears from the living room, kitchen, and upstairs.

"Where is she?" I ask, slightly nervous.

"We haven't checked the basement yet," Grover said.

We make our way over to the basement door. I open it and cautiously walked down the steps with Kono and Danny behind me. I turn on the light, and I see her shivering in the corner. I put my gun back in my holster and make my way to her.

"Hey, you okay?" I ask.

She shook her head no. Danny came over and gently picked her up. We walk out of the house while Danny gets the girl to the paramedics

* TIME SKIP *

The guy finally admitted he killed Daniel Harper and kidnapping his youngest daughter. Apparently, Daniel's ex-wife had an affair with him and therefore, the youngest was born.

"Hey, wanna go out for some beers?" Kono asked.

"I'm not exactly in the mood for beers. I gotta head over to my brother's," I said.

"Maybe next time?" Kono asked.

"Of course," I said. "Bye guys," I waved as I walked out.

"Bye!" they said back.

Now on my way to my brother's house...

---

Thank you so much for reading this first chapter. This book is posted on Wattpad under the same title. I'm posting the same book here in case it gets deleted. Also, I take constructive criticism, so please let me know if there are any issues that I need to look over.