Actions

Work Header

Flobberworm

Chapter 6: Flobberworm- The Finale

Notes:

I've always seen posts about emotional support Hufflepuffs. For years, really. I found it to be true twice- with my best friend and with Huffinglepuff. Mate, I probably already said this but I can always say it and it still won't be enough but your support and encouragement and just plain belief in me, an anonymous person you really don't know, worked wonders for me. I'm immensely happy I got to do this for you.

Here comes the end of this story and hopefully the beginning of a good friendship.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Draco wakes up to a warmth he doesn’t remember ever experiencing before. Harry’s arms are around him and the protectiveness that rushes through him at that is frankly dizzying. He pulls Harry in closer and nuzzles into his chest, taking in large lungfuls of scent that’s purely Harry.

But he can’t stop there. Of course he can’t. Who’s he kidding? Harry’s brown skin is mouth-watering and Draco has to savour the taste once more.

He gives in to his urge and licks a broad stripe on Harry’s chest. Yes, it was absolutely delectable.

Harry moves and makes Draco aware of how exactly they are wrapped around each other, limbs indistinguishable if not for their differing skin tones.

Harry’s morning wood digs into Draco’s hips as his own erection slides against Harry’s crotch. Harry latches onto Draco’s ear, tracing the shell with his tongue, nicking his delicate lobe and planting warm, wet kisses to the sensitive area just below his ear.

Draco squirms and groans as Harry turns his face up and places loving kisses all along his jaw. His hand drops down to Draco’s hard cock and a deep sigh escapes Draco’s throat. His other hand reaches behind Draco to find his hole and slips his index finger into his loose entrance.

Draco has to call on every unaroused cell of his body to push Harry away. Not that there were so many of them. But hey, he needs as many resources as he can get.

Harry blinks blearily at Draco and opens his mouth only to find a pale finger against it, quieting him.

‘Answers first, sex later,’ Draco croaks as Harry’s tongue experimentally laps at his finger.

‘Sore?’ Harry smirks. The idiot smirks after everything he did last night. He’s got a nerve!

‘Curious,’ Draco grinds out. He’s sore alright, but he’s not going to admit it. Nope.

Harry inhales and squares his shoulders, resting next to Draco with one hand supporting his head. He quirks his lips and agrees, ‘Okay, go on.’

‘Teddy,’ Draco says.

‘Won’t wake up for another hour.’

‘No, I mean, why is he here?’

Harry frowns. ‘He’s my godson.’

Draco narrows his eyes, irritated. In his lust fuelled mood, he totally forgot how dumb Harry can be. ‘Yes, and he’s my nephew. Where’s Andromeda?’

Harry’s eyes take on a far away look as he answers. ‘She’s not well, Draco. The deaths of her husband and daughter hit her harder than she let on. Mr. and Mrs.Weasley had to force her into Mungo’s rehab helpline.’ He meets Draco’s eyes again. ‘Teddy’s going to live with me.’

Draco almost laughs at the challenging look in Harry’s eyes, daring him to contest. As if he would allow his nephew, his family, his boyfriend’s godson to grow up anywhere else. Boyfriend? Yeah, why not, it’s got a nice ring to it, to be honest.

‘That’s encouraging,’ he replies. ‘That way we can at least be sure of a positive influence on him.’

Harry guffaws but his smile softens. ‘Do you want to be a part of his life?’

‘He needs both of us, Potter.’ He refuses to acknowledge the blush creeping up his pale skin.

Harry pretends to think. ‘I thought you wanted a positive influence.’

Draco glares and moves on to the next question. A rather important one. ‘Tim.’

Harry nods. ‘Dr.Timothy Walters, eminent psychologist in the younger age group, father of three and personal therapist to Pansy and me. Only squib in a family full of witches and wizards.’

Draco’s fucking impressed. The man could as well be an actor for his spot on impression of a clueless muggle when Polyjuice and Voldemort were brought up. He’s more interested in something else, though, so he ploughs on. ‘Pansy.’

‘Yes, Ginny and Luna hunted him down after that party we had. They didn’t know I was already seeing him.’

‘That’s how you both got talking?’

‘Yes.’

‘So she really sat you down and asked for your help regarding me?’ Draco’s incredulous that Pansy had actually followed through with the same theory she dismissed as blasphemous.

Harry shakes his head. ‘No, I went to her to ask how I could be of help.’

Draco’s stunned. Harry reaches out and traces his finger along the faint scars on his abdomen, courtesy one nasty Sectumsempra.

‘Like I said, Draco, I wanted to be your friend but after you went all clingy on me during that party, I just couldn’t resist my attraction to you any more. I didn’t want to either.’

Their whispering, Harry’s closeness, their nudity, the soreness in his bottom that keeps reminding him of their night, are all driving Draco mad. He grits his teeth and refrains from pouncing on Harry and swallowing his cock.

‘You are not a virgin,’ he says instead, moving onto the next question and hardening his gaze when Harry tries making a cocky remark.

Harry falls onto his back and rubs his hands over his face before resuming his earlier posture. His face has shut down in those few seconds and his lips have thinned. That’s when he tells Draco something that breaks his heart. ‘It wasn’t consensual.’

Draco stares silently at the finger that is racing up his chest to his neck and goes on to trace his jaw, nose and cheekbones.

‘It happened in the summer after fourth year, shortly after the Dementor attack. My uncle was convinced I harmed his son, so he sent me to his friend who “needed help moving into a new house.”’ Harry’s hand drops to the bed covers between them. ‘He was a paedophile. I went home two days later and my aunt didn’t even bat an eyelid. It continued during that summer and the next. It was painful and insulting. It hurt the most when he invited his friends for fun. I felt tainted, impure, bad. You'd think I would have swore off sex forever but seventh year on the run, I realised there were far worse things to fear. When I left Privet Drive, I left all the seventeen years of my life there. I wanted a fresh start. That resolve only grew stronger once I died and came back. My past is always going to be there, Draco. But I refuse to dwell on it and live in it.’

Draco’s body is overtaken by disgust and anger of a kind he didn’t know existed. He has to stop himself from clenching his fists, from cracking his knuckles, from finding the two assholes and feeding them to Dementors. He throws his arms around Harry and cradles him softly in his embrace.

‘Then yesterday was your first time too,’ he insists, his stomach dropping at the wetness he feels on his chest.

After a long while, Harry nods and sniffles, ‘Yes.’

Draco presses a kiss to Harry’s forehead.

‘Ron, Hermione, none of them know. Well, exceot Timothy.’

Draco nods. ‘I figured.’

He knows why Harry trusted him with this. And he doesn’t think twice before making his mind up.

‘What else should I know about my Golden boy?’ he asks, trailing kisses over his eyebrows.

Harry rambles off, just as immediately. ‘I’m snarky and moody. I’ll snap at you for everything and nothing. I’ll go against your caution and put myself in harm’s way owing to my line of duty. You should be prepared to handle any kind of news you may receive. You will also have to deal with this celebrity status of mine and the bullshit that gets published. There are going to be rumours, a lot of them. I’ve developed phobias and mistrust due to certain traumatic events in my life, that I may or may not ever tell you and often have episodes of panic or withdrawal. I’m thinking of quitting Aurors in five years. I’m unstable and hysterical. I’m broken and I’m a mess and have the potential to bring you down.’

Draco waits for Harry’s sobs to die while fighting back his own tears.

‘Let’s get one thing straight, Harry James Potter,’ he starts.

Harry peers up at him through his black lashes.

Okay, fine. Babies and Harry Potter are both incomparably cute. It’s no big deal really, being proved wrong. Is it? Ugh!

‘I’m pretty destructive myself so I guess we’ll be one formidable pair.’

Harry snickers. ‘Yeah, let’s blow people’s minds away.’

Draco joins in and just as quickly, they become two naked dudes, laughing their arses off in bed, the morning after they had sex. If Draco thinks about it, he’s sure it’ll make a very interesting story to be told to Teddy when he’s old enough.

‘Why after five years, though?’ he asks.

‘I want to play an active part in Teddy’s life from then on. We have the Weasleys and our friends for now, but Teddy’s needs will grow later on. I want to be there for him. I have enough gold anyway. I needn’t work unless I’m bored.’

‘Umhm,’ Draco hums, twining his fingers through Harry’s. ‘What are they all doing, by the way. I never paid much attention during our eighth year.’

‘Neville's apprenticing with Professor Sprout, Ginny’s trying for Harpies and Luna’s accompanying her everywhere she goes. Hermione’s working with Kingsley regarding the changes in the post-war wizarding world and Ron’s helping George at Wheezes. He and Herm are planning to buy a house with their savings.’

‘Pansy became a matchmaker and Blaise is a model,’ Draco adds. ‘So Pansy did inform you of my dates.’

‘Yes,’ Harry admits.

‘Why did you pretend you didn’t know Tim?’

‘Um, he asked me to,’ Harry answers a bit shyly. ‘Until he talks with you that is.’

Draco grunts. ‘I told him I wasn’t his prototype.’

Harry smiles. ‘You aren’t. You’re his friend.’

Draco has to concede. ‘So what do we do now?’

Harry gets the mischievous twinkle in his eyes that sends one hot stimulus after another throughout Draco’s body. He attaches his mouth to Draco’s and climbs on top of him, chewing his lips off and rutting against his body at the same time. He rolls their cocks together making Draco moan and whine and keen with need. He maneuvers one of Draco’s legs onto his shoulder and positions his cock at Draco’s entrance.

‘Now, we fuck,’ he announces before plunging in and taking Draco’s breath away.

 

Three months later

‘Harry,’ Draco tells his boyfriend, as they pack Teddy’s bag for his play date, ‘This is the last time I’m warning you, throw those hideous baggy shirts out or else I’ll burn them down myself in two weeks when I move in.’

‘Shut up, Draco,’ Harry rolls his eyes and steals a kiss. ‘You won’t do it. You love them.’

Draco flares his nostrils, and when that doesn’t have the desired effect, scowls and turns away. ‘There’s hardly any space for my clothing,’ he mutters.

‘There’s plenty right here, babe,’ Harry assures. ‘Besides, we should be looking for a place to house these little flobberworms.’

Draco facepalms. Of course! He totally forgot about the slimy little creatures that were sent by Pansy pea-brained Parkinson in gratitude for getting her together with “her girls” as she calls them. An unnecessary letter too was delivered by a pesky little owl that was currently in the process of entertaining Teddy.

Draco skimmed through it once, with Harry reading over his shoulder, before he pointed his wand at the note and promptly Incendioed it.

That didn’t prevent the imprinting of those words in his brain, however.

Dear Draco and Harry,

Our best wishes on moving in together. We hope you have fun with Boffin and Bumble.

Love,

Pansy, Ginny, Luna.

Harry snaps his fingers in front of his face and Draco blinks. ‘We’ll get back at them at their wedding. Let’s go now.’

Draco huffs and picks Teddy up as Harry hoists the bag onto his shoulder. The owl flies off the way he came and the worms dig into their homes.

As they make their way out, Draco prays for one uneventful date. Just one.

Because, now that Harry resigned from the post of Date Spoiler Pro, their duty as Junior Aurors has conveniently filled in for him, both of them having completed their Auror training forty days ago.

Harry grins at his expression. ‘You know, it’s okay, babe,’ he says, kissing his lips. ‘I always make up for it.’

Draco glares but slides his arm around Harry’s waist. ‘I want sex after the date, not in place of it.’

Harry shrugs sheepishly and plants a kiss on Draco’s cheek before whisking them away in a Side-Along.

Notes:

Boffin actually means one who's clever and brainy. Bumble, as we know, means speaking confusedly. The Flobberworms are named Boffin and Bumble in relation to what Pansy called Harry and Draco at the start of the story. I also felt they were exactly the sort of names Luna would come up with.

There is no real reason, however, why I titled the story Flobberworm except that the idea in my head had been Pansy being fed up of how slow and dumb our favourite couple are when it comes to each other and deciding to intervene and later send them Flobberworms as a token.

I hope you've enjoyed reading the story as much as I enjoyed writing it!
As always, kudos and comments are appreciated.

You can now follow me on tumblr here TheLibranArchives and on Insta here thelibranarchives