Actions

Work Header

Smashed Up in Vegas

Summary:

The Smashers were given a trip to Las Vegas from Master Hand. In Las Vegas, a mobster boss is planning to steal the fortune of the biggest casino in Las Vegas, the Lucky Gold Dragon Casino. Join the Smashers on their first trip to Las Vegas, getting into crazy shenanigans.

Notes:

Originally posted on July 25th, 2016 on FF.Net.

Hello, back with another old story that I'm moving over to here and this one is one of my favorites (and a number of others who have read).

So when I made that first Smashed Up fic when I was really young, I wanted to do an idea similar to that. I decided on bringing the Smashers to the real world and letting them go to Las Vegas to do their wild shenanigans.

I was also watching the Rush Hour movie trilogy with friends on discord and that's what really inspired me to do this. Rush Hour 2 in particular is one of my favorite movies of all time. It's a big inspiration for this story.

Ever since this story, the Smashed Up title has been stucked with me and it became sort of like a sub series in my universe (which you'll see soon or you can just go on FF.Net to read)

Anyways. Enjoy the story.

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Mario's P.O.V

I remember that one night when the boys and I wanted to have a guy's night out. Have a few drinks and just party like a maniac. A lot of stuff happened. A drinking contest. We performed for a crowd. The girls came in and we partied together. I scammed some suckers in a card game. There was also a bar fight that got out of hand. What a wild night that was. Now our family has gotten bigger and we have four more people that joined into our friendship circle. Master Hand surprised us when he said that we were taking a trip to Las Vegas. It was a reward for putting on so many great tournaments for the audience. It was a celebration for all of us. We were ready for another wild time together. Now we would be heading for Las Vegas…IF OUR FUCKING FLIGHT WASN'T DELAYED AGAIN!


Smash City Airport

"Goddamn it! This is the third time our flight has been delayed! We've been at this airport for three hours! Come on now!" Mario threw his hat on the ground infuriated.

"Mario, take it easy. We're in a public area. You have to be a little patient." Peach tried to calm down Mario.

"I'm sorry Peachy. I could've just used the cape feather and fly all the way to Vegas while carrying you. Unfortunately, we had to bring those guys with us." Mario pointed to the other smashers who were sitting down.

"What? You don't enjoy our company Mario?" Zelda raised her eyebrow.

"I mean, you and Link are fine. I never have a problem with you two.” 

In the distance, more Smashers were waiting in line and were far from pleased with how things were going.

"Ugh. How do people do this?" Marth groans.

"This is my first time ever boarding a plane and I've never been more annoyed." Ike says.

"I forgot to pack myself some lunch. I'm going to starve. We're going to be on a plane for six hours." Roy whines.

"Well you better get some sleep in while you're at it." Ike said.

"I should've just taken my spaceship and flew over to Vegas myself. This is ridiculous." Samus groans.

Falcon wrapped his arms around Samus. "Come on Sammy. Don't you want to hang out with your amazing friend?" Falcon gave Samus a cheesy smile.

"We're not friends, Falcon.”  Samus rolled her eyes. "I appreciate that you've finally stopped trying. You're still annoying however, and I don't think that's going to change."

Mac came towards the Falcon and Samus with a bottle of water in his hand. "We're still stuck here?"

"Yup." Falcon nodded.

"I'm used to this. I fly out all over the world just to box. Trust me…try flying from New York to France…it's ridiculous."

Pit and Dark Pit were slouching in their chairs. They didn't eat before they left the mansion and they were greatly paying for it.

"My stomach keeps begging for food and it won't shut up." Pit whines. “I would've actually eaten if Palutena didn't make another awful meal. How do you mess up cereal?!" He yelled in frustration.

"Corrin can burn the mansion down by cooking cereal. Palutena causing the cereal to rebel against us and try to enslave us should be expected from her." Dark Pit says.

"Corrin is...not smart. Palutena has more knowledge than both of us combined. She just can't cook for the life of her. That's why the cooking is always left to me. D-Don’t tell her I said that though.” Pit says nervously.

Lucina and Robin walked towards the angel twins with bags of food and drinks in their hands.

"We went out and got you boys something to eat. A burger for you Pit, and a chocolate bar for Dark Pit." Robin gave Pit his burger and gave Dark Pit his chocolate bar.

Pit drooled at the sight of his double decker burger. "Oh sweet burger! Come to papa!" Pit takes a giant bite of his burger. Pit smiled widely savoring the taste of his burger.

"That should definitely keep your belly full for the whole ride." Robin giggled.

"Thanks Robin!" Pit said with his mouth full.

"Hold on, you got a bit of mayo on the side of your cheek." Robin takes out a handkerchief and wipes the mayo off of Pit's mouth.

"Are you sure that chocolate bar will be enough for you?" Lucina asks her boyfriend.

Dark Pit shrugs.  "I'll be fine. I wasn't really that hungry. Just needed something small to hold me over."

"I also got you a drink. I didn't know what you liked so I got you a Caprisun." Lucina takes out a Caprisun.

"...I like Caprisuns. Thanks Lucina." Dark Pit takes the Caprisun and takes a sip of it.

Bayonetta, Cloud, and Corrin were sitting next to each other. Corrin was resting his head on Bayonetta's shoulder. Cloud was slouching on the chair sleeping.

"Are we going to be moving soon, Cere?" Corrin asks.

"In a little bit dear. Everything is just a bit unorganized right now." Bayonetta turns to Cloud and shakes him slightly. "Rise and shine. You're the only cloud that's not up right now."

Cloud rubs his eyes and lets out a huge yawn. "Is it time to go yet?"

"Not yet."

Cloud shakes his head. "Ugh! This is getting annoying. I should have just asked Cid for his airship, but I know it would’ve been an argument to try and convince him." 

"Is it going to be fun in Las Vegas?" Corrin asks.

"Oh, most certainly darling. There's going to be a lot of fun things for us to do together. The best part about this vacation is that I'll get to spend a lot of alone time with you." Bayonetta leans her face closer to Corrin's face and gives him a peck on the lips.

Corrin blushed at the Umbra Witch's action. "C-Cere! Cloud is right next to us!"

"Cloud doesn't mind? Do you?" Bayonetta turned to Cloud with a smirk on her face.

Cloud turns away from the couple and rolls his eyes "Ehh."

While Bayonetta was busy flirting with Corrin, Cloud was staring at Kamui who was sitting three seats away from him. Kamui hadn't said a word since they entered the airport. She was sitting with her head looking down. Cloud was beginning to worry about Kamui. He wondered what was going on in her mind.

"Everyone get up! We can finally board the plane!" Mario yelled.

All the smashers got up from their seats and entered the plane. Mario sat down in his seat with Peach sitting next to him.

"Mama mia! Finally!" Mario sighed in relief. "It was an agonizing wait, but everything is okay now."

Roy was squished in a corner by a greasy overweight guy. The guy was eating a bag of Doritos and he let out a fart. Roy cringed at the fact that he had to inhale the horrible stench from his noses.

"Always getting the short of the stick aren't you Roy?" Roy thought to himself.

Bayonetta, Cloud, and Corrin are sitting together. The Umbran Witch leans back in her chair. "I remember my first plane ride. It wasn't really as boring as this. I had to high jack one and crash it into another airship to kill off some angels. You want to hear the whole story?" She smirks.

"Oh yes! Definitely!" Corrin said excitedly.

If Cloud looked sleepy before, he was awake now. He smirked hearing that Bayonetta did crazy things in the past. "This is going to be interesting to hear."

Kamui is sitting between Robin and Lucina. She watched as Bayonetta was entertaining her brother and her secret crush. Kamui clawed the arms of the chair in anger. Robin turns around to Kamui and sees the large scratch marks on the arms of the chair.

"Are you alright Kamui?" Robin asked.

Kamui took a deep breath to try and calm herself down. "Y-Yeah. I'll be fine. I'm just going to sleep till we reach our destination."

As Bayonetta was talking to Corrin about her adventures, Cloud took out his headphones. He wouldn't put it on immediately since he had to hear what Bayonetta did. Cloud looked left of him to see Dark Pit was also taking out his headphones. The two exchanged glances.

"Headphones?" Cloud asked.

"For crying babies." Dark Pit said.

"We both share the same mind. This is going to be a long ride." Cloud says as he continues to listen to Bayonetta’s story.


Las Vegas, Nevada

It was night time and the Smashers finally reached Las Vegas. Las Vegas was shining bright with its many neon signs. The streets of Vegas were filled with many street performers entertaining a crowd. All the smashers take in the breathtaking scenery of Las Vegas.

"We are here in Las Vegas baby!" Mario yells.

"This place looks absolutely stunning! How does anyone know where to start having fun at a place like this?!" Zelda asked.

"It's time for blackjack and hookers!" Falcon says with a huge grin. Samus groaned and rolled her eyes at the racer.

"What do you think Corrin dear? Beautiful isn't it?" Bayonetta asked.

"Yeah! This place looks amazing! I want to see more of it!" Corrin's eyes glowed.

"I'll admit…Las Vegas does look nice." Cloud smiles.

"Hey Robin, how come Rob didn't want to come along with us?" Pit asked.

"Well after the whole situation he had with Hades, he said he just wanted to stay home. He did say he wanted me to get him a souvenir though." Robin says. "I wish he was clearer on what he wanted. I'm not like you and Dark Pit…Rob and I don't have twin telepathy."

"Well come on guys, let's head for our hotel and put our stuff down." Mario said. All the smashers start to head out of the airport.


Somewhere in Las Vegas, a man was staring outside of his window from a very tall building. He was wearing a black tux with black lens glasses on and was smoking a cigar. His hair was cut bald and he had a pair of black gloves on.

"Las Vegas. Such a place of wonders. The best part about Vegas is that all the money is here. That's what our business is about, making money." The man turns around and sits at his desk. There were a bunch of other men that were sitting down facing the guy on the desk. "Gentlemen."

"Yes Mr. Munyoz!" All the henchmen replied.

"We're on a mission today. I want to make a lot of money. The only way we can achieve this goal is by stealing the fortune of the Lucky Gold Dragon Casino. The old man that runs that place won't see it coming. However, I know that the old man won't spill his guts about the password to his safe. So we have to do a bit of searching and find that bitch who also knows the code. I don't expect any failures from you all." Munyoz throws his cigar in the trash.

"But sir, what if we don't succeed?" One guy said. All the other minions just stared at the one time like he was crazy. They knew this was not going to go well.

Munyoz just stared at the henchman coldly. "What did you say?"

"I-I said, what if we don't-'' The henchman's sentence was cut short because he got shot in the chest by Munyoz's pistol.

Munyoz puts his pistol down his desk. "That's the result of failure. You understand?"

"Yes Mr. Munyoz." All the henchmen replied all shaking their heads.

"Good.” He looks back out the window. “Now let's get this show on the road."


The Smashers come out of their hotel after they put all their belongings in their hotel rooms. They were all standing right next to a bulletin board with a bunch of fliers.

"Okay, we're all settled in. It's time for all of us to start deciding how we're all going to enjoy our day." Mario says.

"I've always wanted to try my hand at gambling." Link suggested.

"Link my man. Allow me to introduce you to the world of gambling. It'll be fun, you'll enjoy yourself. I'm ready to win some money myself. There's a casino not too far from us." Mario said.

"When there's a casino, there are hot babes. I'm up for it! You should join me Samus!" Falcon pats Samus on the back.

"I’ll only come to watch over you while you're constantly getting rejected." Samus says.

Mario, Link, Falcon, and Samus walk away from the group and begin to head for the casino.

"I heard there was a place called EVO. It sounds intriguing, so I'll go check that out." Marth leaves the group and heads for the Las Vegas Convention Center.

"I think we should go see what this city has to offer. What do you say Corrin? You, Cloud, and I hang out together and explore Las Vegas." Bayonetta suggests.

"I'd love to! You're going to hang with us Cloud?!" Corrin asked excitedly.

"Sure why not. Not like I have anything to do." Cloud shrugs.

"Oh no! There's no way I'm allowing Corrin to go out in this place!" Kamui said.

"Why not?" Bayonetta folded her arms and raised her eyebrow.

"We don't know anything about this place. It's also very big. Corrin is going to get lost here easily. Corrin can't handle himself while he's alone. I'm not taking my chances to allow any creep to put their hands on my brother! Corrin is going to stay in the hotel room."

"B-But sister!" Corrin cried.

"No buts Corrin! You're staying in the hotel room! Now come on!"

Kamui grabs Corrin's hand and pulls him away from Cloud and Bayonetta. Corrin looked back at Cloud and Bayonetta with a hurt expression on his face. He looked like he was on the verge of crying.

"Ugh that girl! Still have that stick shoved up her ass." Bayonetta rolls her eyes. "I'm not letting her ruin Corrin's fun. Follow me Cloud." Bayonetta walks back into the hotel with Cloud following behind her. Cloud had to make sure that Bayonetta didn't do anything too extreme.

"I'd actually love to explore this city. What do you say Dark Pit?" Lucina asked.

"Sure. I don't mind it." Dark Pit replies.

Lucina and Dark Pit walk away from the group. Pit takes out a flier from the bulletin board.

"Hey Robin, check this out! There's a wrestling event going on over here! We should go!" Pit said.

"Wrestling? I'm down for violence. Let's get going then."

Pit and Robin walk away from the group. Peach takes out a flier from the bulletin board and a huge grinned appeared on her face.

"Zelda, there's a male strip club around here. We should go." Peach says.

Zelda started to blush as she looked at the flier. The flier had two half naked muscular men on the side of the flier. "O-Oh my...I-I think that sounds fun. Hey look at this! It says here that amateurs have a chance to win fifty thousand dollars if they can entertain a crowd."

"Ohh~ You thinking what I'm thinking?" Peach and Zelda turn to Ike.

"You've got to be kidding. There's no way I'm doing that." Ike says with a disgusted look.

"But if you win you'll get fifty thousand dollars. Come on, you already have the physique. You're going to draw in all the ladies easily. You have a lot of fun! Please?" Peach gives Ike the puppy dog eyes.

Ike sighed. "Fine! I'll do it."

"Don't worry Ike. I'll join you so you won't have to suffer through it alone." Mac said.

"Yes!” Peach smiles and raises her fist in the air. “Come on, no time to waste!"

Peach grabs Ike and Mac's hands and starts heading for the strip club.

"H-Hey Peach! Wait for me!" Zelda starts to run after Peach.

Roy was now left alone by himself. "Hey! What about me!?" Roy yelled. "Ugh! Here I am by myself again. Everyone always forgets about Roy. Why doesn't anything cool ever happen to me?!"

A black van pulls up right next to Roy. Two men came out from the back of the man and lifted up Roy. The two men throw Roy at the back of the van and shut the door. One guy goes back in the driver's seat while the other gets into the back. The van began to pull off.

Roy was now sitting in the back of the van with one of the guys who kidnapped him and a woman. "W-What the hell is going on here?!" He yells.

"Sorry about that. Allow me to introduce myself, I'm Jack. That's Marie. And our driver Mike. What's your name?"

"R-Roy. Wait, why am I interacting with you people?! You just kidnapped me!"

"I guess our method was a little overboard." Marie said.

“Yeah. We call abduction a “little” overboard.” Mike jokingly says.

"You think?!" Roy yelled.

"Take it easy there. We need help. We didn't know where to look. You weren't doing anything so we just picked you." Jack says.

“Oh so you just pick up random people from the street to help you?! What are you guys supposed to be anyways?” Roy questions.

"We're undercover cops. We're dealing with a case involving this very dangerous mob boss. We suspect that he's planning to rob the Lucky Gold Dragon casino…the biggest casino in the world with a very large fortune." Marie said

"So what does this have to do with me?" Roy wondered.

"There's a woman that knows the passcode to the safe of the casino. Munyoz, the mob boss, is going to be sending his men out to get her. We need you to protect her at all cost and make sure his men don't get to her. Can you do that for us?" Jack asked.

"And you can’t do this because?”

“Undercover cops kid. We wouldn’t be undercover if we did this all ourselves. Besides, Munyoz knows who we are. He’ll recognize us and have us killed in an instant.” Mike explains.

Roy sighs. “Fine. Not like I have anything better to do anyways. So where can I find this person?”

"Well lucky for you. She works as an exotic dancer and singer for a club. All you need to do is go there and meet her. So here's your suit. You are now Detective Roy." Jack handed Roy a black suit.

"Oh boy. I'm in for some trouble aren't I?" Roy thought.


Wynn Las Vegas Hotel

Bayonetta and Cloud are in the lobby of the hotel. Bayonetta was still slightly upset that Corrin had to be locked in his hotel room.

"Ugh! How unfair! My darling has to be stuck in that room and miss out on all the fun. Damn that stick in the mud sister of his." Bayonetta complains.

"Well what do you think we should do?" Cloud asked.

An idea struck in Bayonetta's head. "I know what we can do. I have the power to turn invisible."

"You can do that?" Cloud questions.

"Mmhmm. Just watch this." Bayonetta snapped her fingers and she turned invisible. "Amazing isn't it? Let me see if I can still be a good ghost." Bayonetta sees a couple being flirty with each other. Bayonetta takes out a used condom wrapper and walks behind the guy. Bayonetta drops the used condom wrapper.

The woman sees the wrapper on the floor. "What the fuck is that?!" She yelled pointing at the wrapper.

The man looked at the wrapper confused. "Uhh..."

"How about you go back to your hoes and fuck them?!"

"W-Wait! This isn't mi-" The man's sentence was cut short as he got kicked in the nuts by the woman's high heels. The man crumbles to the floor and cries in pain.

Cloud chuckled a little. Bayonetta walked back to him. "Did you enjoy that?" She smirked.

"A little." The blonde admits.

"Alright then. Let's get that room key and get Corrin out of his room."

"Question, why did you have a used condom with you?"

Bayonetta waves her hand to shrug off the question. "Don't worry about it. Now come on. You casually walk around the lobby while I get the key from behind the desk."

Cloud started walking slowly in the lobby. The man behind the counter started staring at Cloud feeling a sense of suspicion. "Don't mind me. Just...casually walking to my room. By myself. With nobody else around but me." Cloud looks past the guy and sees the room key being taken. Bayonetta got the room key and she started heading for Corrin's room with Cloud quickly walking behind her.

“Weirdo.” The man behind the counter says. Not knowing that one of the room keys got stolen.


Corrin is in his hotel room. He was on the bed crying. He wanted to go out and hang with Bayonetta and Cloud. He wanted to explore more of Las Vegas. Instead he had to be locked in a hotel room because of his sister. Corrin looked up as he heard the doorknob turning. Someone was entering the room.

"W-Who's out there?" Corrin wondeed, wiping his eyes.

The door opens. Bayonetta and Cloud were standing outside of the room. "What are you doing here darling? You're supposed to be out here having fun with us." Bayonetta smirked.

Corrin smiled widely and hugged Bayonetta and Cloud. "Cere! Cloud! You came for me!"

"Of course. We promised to take you out for some fun, and we're going to do just that. Come now, dry those tears. The three of us are going to have the time of our lives." Bayonetta said.

The three started to head out of the hotel from the lobby. As they reached the front door, Bayonetta stopped Corrin and Cloud and the three hid behind a wall. The three look at the front entrance and see Kamui standing in front of the exit.

"Uh oh. Sister is out there. If she finds out I left the room, I'm going to get in big trouble." Corrin says with fear.

"Shit. We're going to need a distraction in order for us to slip by her." Bayonetta said. A smirk appeared on the Umbran Witch's face and she looked at Cloud.

Cloud knew what Bayonetta wanted from him. He started moving back. "Oh no. No no no. I'm not doing it." Cloud shakes his head.

"Corrin honey, could you give me a Cloud a second to talk?" Bayonetta steps aside from Corrin and approaches Cloud. "You are not doing this right now. You're going to go over there and talk to her." She whispers angrily.

"No. You still owe me for talking to her back at the beach so you can flirt with Corrin. I got a black eye for that too."

"Come on Cloud. I'm not letting Corrin stay here by himself. I want us all to enjoy this vacation. We can't do that as long as she stands in our way. This will be the last time I ever ask for anything. I promise."

Cloud sighs and shakes his head. "Fine. I'll do it. You better keep your word."

Cloud walks to Kamui and taps on her shoulder. Kamui's heart skipped a beat when she turned to see her crush facing her.

"C-Cloud!? What are you doing here?" Kamui asked as she blushed.

"I uh...was looking for you."

"Y-You were?" Kamui raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah. You were looking a little down back at the airport. Is everything alright? It seems like you don't want to be here."

"No that's it. Cloud, a lot of things have just been wild for me lately. From my siblings coming over to my brother dating that witch...I've just been stressed."

"I see. Did you think it was okay to lock Corrin in the room by himself?"

"Cloud, I don't want anything bad to happen to Corrin. You know how much he means to me. We don't know anything about this place. Corrin can't be out there by himself. He'll get hurt...or worse…" Kamui paused after saying that. Cloud had an idea on what she could be talking about. He would have told her that it wasn't an issue if he was around, but she continued talking. "I don't feel okay doing it because it reminds me of home, but I must protect Corrin at all cost."

"Bayonetta and I were going to look after him. I know she'll definitely look out for Corrin, and so would I. I kind of like hanging out with Corrin. I tend to have fun when it's just Bayonetta, him, and me."

Cloud looks to the side and sees Bayonetta and Corrin sneaking behind Kamui. Bayonetta signals Cloud to leave as her and Corrin exit the hotel.

"Uh Cloud, is everything okay?" Kamui asks.

"Y-Yeah. Hey uh, I gotta go."

"Huh? Why? I thought you wanted to talk to me." Kamui slightly frowned.

"I did. I'm just...going out to hang with Bayonetta. I'll uh, see you later Kamui." Cloud quickly ran to the exit.

Kamui felt a little hurt. First Cloud wanted to talk to her, but now he wants to hang out with Bayonetta. She already took Corrin from her, now her crush was being taken away. The demons of inferno start to manifest behind her. They were all transparent so no regular human could see them but Kamui.

"What is it with you and your pitiful feelings for Cloud? It's obvious he doesn't want you." Malicious says.

"You should be even more worried about Cloud." Fury says.

"Do you really think he's your friend?" Pride asked.

"What? What are you talking about?" Kamui asked.

"He's more interested in getting into Corrin's pants than yours. Bayonetta isn't the only one who wants to take Corrin from you." Hatred reminded her.

"To think, the one you love is being taken away by the one you love. How sad. I can feel the pain in your heart. It only makes me much stronger." Pain laughed.

Kamui started to get a terrible migraine in her head. She holds her head and starts groaning in pain. "N-No! Stop! Just leave me alone!" Kamui screamed out loud in her mind. "I have to get these guys out of my head, but what can I do?"

Kamui looked at a flier on the wall. It said that they were giving out free drinks at the Lucky Gold Dragon Casino. "A drink...yeah. I need one…something to wash away these demons." Kamui regains her composure and starts heading for the casino.


The Lucky Gold Dragon Casino was a very large building with a large golden dragon on top of the building. It was even large inside. There were a bunch of people dressed in fancy suits and dresses. There were many slot machines. Tables for card games and roulette. There was also a bar. On the second floor, there were people eating dinner and drinking while watching others gamble.

Corrin looked in amazement. "Wow! Look at this place! It's huge!"

"Nice place, don't you think Cloud?" Bayonetta asks.

"Yeah, it's pretty alright." Cloud shrugged.

A man in a tuxedo appeared in front of the trio. "ID cards please?" The man extends his hand.

Corrin looked confused. Bayonetta started to get a little nervous. No one will believe she's six hundred and he might accuse her of being even younger than what she looked. Corrin is also eighteen, so he could get kicked out easily. Cloud didn't have much to worry about because he was twenty four, but he can see how nervous Bayonetta was even if she was trying to hide it.

"Uh...well..." Cloud was trying to find words to say.

"Wait a minute? I may be going crazy at the moment. Are you...Cloud Strife?" The man asked.

Cloud looked confused. How did this random stranger know his name? "...Yes?"

"Charge your limit break. Right now."

"Okay then..." Cloud takes out his Fusion Sword and starts charging his limit break.

The guy's mouth opened agape. "I. Can't. Believe it. You're Cloud Strife! The real Cloud Strife! Dude, Final Fantasy VII was amazing!" The guy shook Cloud's hand.

Cloud was still looking a little confused. "Uh, thank you?"

"You and friends can come in! Don't even worry about it! Have fun! Awesome meeting you Mr. Strife!" The man left the trio alone.

Bayonetta and Cloud were left with a confused expression.

"That guy must really like you Cloud." Corrin says.

Cloud folds his arms. "Well at least we don't have to worry about getting kicked out."

"What are we doing standing here like sitting ducks? Let's win some money boys!" Bayonetta said.

"Oh! Let's start over there!" Corrin pointed over to the roulette table.

"Roulette? Why did you have to pick the luck based one?" Cloud groaned.

"Wouldn't you consider most gambling games unfair?" Bayonetta asked.

"I mean yes, but this one is definitely the hardest to win at." Cloud told her. "I would prefer Chocobo Racing over roulette."

The trio walked towards the roulette table. The roulette table was surrounded by a lot of people who were losing a lot of their chips to the dealer.

"Ahh, we got some new players here. You up for a little bet in roulette?" The dealer asked.

"Sure!" Corrin said excitedly.

"Alright lad. I'm going to give you ten chips of each color. Red is worth five, Blue is worth ten, Green is worth twenty five, and Black is one hundred. Now, the whole point of the game is you have to place a bet on which number the ball will land on. For example you can say red twenty five or black thirty seven. You have to put any amount of chips on any number you think the ball will land on. Or...go all in and put your chips on one number like an idiot."

"I want to go all in! The ball will land on twenty one black!" Corrin places all his chips on the table over the number he chose.

"Welp. Your lost kiddo…" The dealer says cockily as he throws the ball in the roulette.

"Uh, I don't think it was a good idea to bet all your money." Cloud brought up knowing full well Corrin wasn't listening and wouldn't be able to take it back anyway.

"Yeah. There's a one in one hundred chance that you might win dear." Bayonetta added.

The ball landed on twenty black. Bayonetta and Cloud mouths opened a gaped. A bunch of people surrounded the table to witness a child winning a luck based game on his first try. The dealer looked in shocked. "Y-You...Y-You won."

"Hey! I did it! Cere! Cloud! Look! I won!" Corrin cheered.

"How...did he?" Bayonetta wondered.

"What the actual fuck?! Corrin, how did you win?!" Cloud asked.

Corrin shrugs and tilts his head. "I don't know. I just picked my lucky number. I want to go again. All my chips on the same number."

The dealer looked at Corrin like he was crazy. "You can't be serious kid. Alright, whatever you say." The dealer throws the ball in the roulette.

"Corrin there's no way the same thing is going to happen twice. You just got lucky that time. What are the chances that you're going to win again?" Cloud asked him, trying to stop Corrin from losing it all.

The ball landed on twenty one black again. All the people around the roulette gasped. They all started to clap and cheer for Corrin.

"I win!" Corrin raised his fist in the air.

Cloud stood there in disbelief. He puts his hand over his head. "H-How!? This kid is winning thousands of dollars without even noticing it."

Bayonetta giggled. "With all the luck Corrin has, I think good luck has come my way as well."

Corrin walked towards Bayonetta and Cloud with two bags of money in his hand. "Hey! They gave me a bag with all the money I won. What should we play now?"

"I'm up for some good ol' slot machines. How about you, Cloud?" Bayonetta asked.

Cloud nods. "Fine…if I can win at some of these games. No God is ever on my side.”

"Oh come now, I'm sure your luck is just as good as Corrin's."


The three friends were now playing at the slot machines. Bayonetta was watching Cloud lose his fifteenth straight game. Cloud facepalms and shakes his head.

"I take it back. You're the unluckiest person I know." Bayonetta laughs.

"You know, you don't have to rub it in." Cloud replies, feeling salty at his losing streak.

"Hey, no need to get grumpy. Why don't you be a little more cheery like Corrin?"

"You mean the kid who's been getting lucky sevens every pull?!" Cloud pointed at Corrin.

Corrin was on his twentieth try on the slot machine. There were a lot of people behind Corrin watching the slot machine spin. Corrin gets three lucky sevens again. Corrin jumped for joy and everyone else cheered for him. Everyone gave him a pat on the back and ruffled his hair.

"A little jealous of my boyfriend?" Bayonetta teases.

"I’m not the one winning a million dollars, so you’re damn right I’m salty.  I feel like if we did Chocobo racing, Corrin would win because the story dictates it.” The blonde swordsman pouts.

"That's my dragon for you. Amazing isn't he?" Bayonetta smirks.

"Yeah…whatever. Let's play something else."


The trio were now at a blackjack table. Corrin is sitting down with three other contestants while Bayonetta and Cloud were standing behind him. The dealer gave everyone two cards. Corrin bets all of his chips while the others were trying to bet their chips sparingly.

"Do you even know how to play this game?" Cloud asks.

"Nope." Corrin shook his head.

Corrin looked at his two cards. He had a nine and a ten card. Corrin looked at everyone else who were calling for more cards. "Okay, I have to get twenty one. I have a nine and a ten. Hmm...what's nine plus ten again? Uh oh. I have no time to count. I have to turn my card." Corrin thought.

"Nine plus ten is twenty one!" Corrin yells loudly.

Everyone gave Corrin a confused stare. Everyone stared at Corrin in complete silence.

“Bro, what did he say?” A male player asks.

“Aye, that’s your mans?” Another male player asks Bayonetta and Corrin.

"Did Corrin mention anything about not knowing basic math to you?" Cloud asked Bayonetta.

"No...I didn't know that myself…" Bayonetta mumbled. She really hoped he was having a brain fart. If he didn't know math…there was going to be some issues in the future.

"Well kid...you're definitely wrong. However, you're the only who is the closest to twenty one so you win...again. Just take all our money while you're at it kid." The dealer shakes his head. This kid was taking all of everyone’s money and he didn’t like it.

"Yay, I did it!" Corrin raised his fist in the air. Everyone started to cheer for Corrin.

"I lose my money and Corrin is going to end up buying the casino at this rate! I hate it.” Cloud complains.

“Mad you’re not getting the same amount of attention Cloud?” Bayonetta teases.

"No. But I can see Corrin getting a lot of attention from ladies over there.” Cloud pointed over to Corrin who had two playboy bunny girls wrapped around his arms.

Bayonetta's eye started to twitch as she clenched her fists. It was funny how at the beginning, she didn't really mind much when Corrin was getting attention from other people. Like Camilla was obnoxious but that was still Corrin's sister. She didn't need some random hoes going up to her boyfriend now when she was right there.

"Excuse me for a bit Cloud." Bayonetta started to walk towards Corrin. 

Cloud felt a little concerned about what the Umbran Witch might do. “This might be ugly.” He mutters to himself.

Corrin was blushing from the two playboy bunnies' big breast pressing up against him.

"Wow, you're so good at gambling. How do you do it?" One girl asked.

"I-I don't know. I just...play I guess." Corrin replies. His eyes were ogling at the two women standing over him

"Oh! He's so dreamy! Can you treat us ladies to some drinks?" The other girl asked.

"U-Uh...I-I guess..."

Bayonetta tapped on the two bunny girl's shoulders. Corrin turned around and jumped in fear feeling a really ominous aura coming from the Umbran Witch. It was as dangerous as the time she went into the Underworld to save him, but it was worse this time.

"Excuse me ladies, I have a little bit of a problem outside. You think you can help me?" Bayonetta asked.

"Sure." The two bunny girls answered. They got up and followed Bayonetta outside of the casino.

Cloud looked at Bayonetta taking the two bunny girls outside. "I'm slightly worried about what she'll do to those girls. Something tells me we're not seeing those two again…"

Corrin sighed as he slowly got up from the blackjack table. He had a bad feeling that Bayonetta was going to do something bad. He wouldn't be able to leave and check up on her because a large muscular man came up to Corrin with a very angry expression.

"Hey wise guy! How are you winning all of these games? There's no way some kid is able to win all these games on his first try. Did you pay these dealers to let you win?" The guy asked as he stared the dragon prince down.

Corrin puts his hands up defensively. "N-No. I-I just..."

The guy grabbed Corrin by the collar and lifted him up in the air. The dragon prince shrieked at his feet being removed from the ground. His expression turned to that of fear realizing he couldn't get away without starting a fight.

"I smell a cheater. I hate cheaters! If you think you're going to run away with all that, you've got another thing coming. I'm going to teach you a lesson!" The guy raised his fist in the air.

Cloud  turned to see the guy holding Corrin in the air getting ready to punch him. Cloud growled and quickly ran over to Corrin. Cloud pushed the guy causing him to drop Corrin.

"You get your hands off of Corrin right now!" Cloud spat as he took a defensive stance in front of the dragon prince.

"Back off! This is between him and me!" The guy yelled.

"No, this involves me now. When you mess with Corrin, you mess with me!"

"You mess with me as well." Bayonetta said coming back from outside. "Do we have a problem sir?"

"This guy is accusing Corrin of cheating. He was about to punch him too." Cloud told her rather quickly. He was this close to actually removing his Fusion Sword from his back if things got out of hand.

"Really now? I don't take too kindly to that. Well sir, if you have a problem. Why don't we just talk it out nicely? Let's talk in private outside." Bayonetta started walking back outside with the guy following behind her. If anyone was paying attention, one could see that she was pointing her pistol to his back as if forcing him to go with her instead of trying to resolve this peacefully.

"You okay Corrin?" Cloud asked.

"Y-Yeah…where's Cere taking that man?"

"Don't worry about it. You won't have to worry about him anymore." Cloud stated as he patted Corrin on the back. Corrin was very confused with the way Cloud worded it. He wasn't aware that someone was screaming outside, but it was difficult to tell with the crowd around them.


The trio are now sitting in the lounge area of the large casino they were at. This was farther away from people seeing as how many of them were still gambling, but it was near the bar, so Cloud or Bayonetta could get up and buy a drink and return. The trio sat on the couch that was in the lounge together. You would think it would be the three of them talking about the money Corrin won or asking what Bayonetta did to those unfortunate humans. What ended up happening was the ex-SOLDIER becoming a third wheel to Corrin and Bayonetta.

Cloud was sitting with a bored expression on his face. He had a beer in his hand. He glanced at Bayonetta and Corrin. Corrin was sitting on Bayonetta's lap while Bayonetta was flirting and teasing him. Cloud rolled his eyes at the couple and took a sip of his beer.

"Corrin, you are just the cutest person in the world. You know that darling?" Bayonetta caressed Corrin's face. She was tempted to stroke at his ear in public but she held back. She didn't want anyone to hear Corrin's adorable moans.

"C-Cere. Well, you know there aren't any other women as beautiful as you are. I love spending time with you." Corrin praised while smiling shyly.

For a moment, Corrin had pushed a little too far when he said that. Bayonetta wondered if it was intentional or not. The Nohrian Prince wasn't a pervert, but the look he was giving her was too much to ignore.

"So do I…you want to know what my favorite thing to do with you is?" Bayonetta asked with a rather perverted smirk.

"W-What?" Corrin asked as his cheeks turned a bright red blushed.

"Tasting your lips." Bayonetta teased as she pressed her lips on Corrin's.

Cloud shakes his head and takes another drink of his beer. "Ugh…just great. I have to sit here and watch these two suck each other's faces off for hours on end."

Bayonetta stopped kissing Corrin when she noticed he was starting to get bolder with her. He let out a small whine as their lips parted ways. "I'll be right back darling. I'm going to get us more drinks. You two better not have fun without me now." Bayonetta gets up and starts heading for the bar.

Now that Bayonetta was gone, the two could have some quiet time together before the Umbran Witch came back and went back to the make out session. Cloud let out another sigh realizing how he should have seen this coming from miles away.

"Hey Cloud, are you alright?" Corrin asked.

"Hmm? Oh, yeah I'm fine Corrin. What do you need?"

"I-I just wanted to say thank you for saving me earlier. You're a really good friend." Corrin gave him a cute smile after saying that. It made Cloud give a smile back which surprised the younger male.

"It's no problem Corrin. That guy was a sore loser anyway." 

Cloud would never admit that not too long ago, Cloud was equally salty for losing most of his money. Even now, he would still have to pay for both of them even though Corrin was carrying a bank with him. 

"You're a really good friend also Corrin. One of the most cheerful and optimistic people I've ever met. I'm happy that I do have you as sort of like a younger brother." Cloud admits.

This really came out of nowhere. What was Cloud thinking? He would probably blame the beer later for being more open on what he felt about toward the younger Smasher. Corrin's eyes sparkled at the compliment. He was smiling more brightly than when he won at the casino.

"Thanks Cloud, that means a lot!" Corrin exclaimed. "You know what I've always found funny? Cere was always seen as the strongest fighter, but you were the one winning most of the tournaments. You also just recently won a major tournament. How come you don't talk about your winnings?"

"I'm not one to brag about my wins. I came here to fight and show my skills, and I do just that. I don't think it's a big deal really." 

"Are you kidding?! You're an amazing fighter Cloud!"

"Thanks." The blonde takes a drink of his beer.

There was an awkward silence that would follow afterward. Cloud really needed to work on his communication skills. This just wasn't cutting it. Corrin saved him though with another question.

"Hey Cloud, you mind if I ask you something?"

"Hmm?"

"Have you ever...found your special someone? I'm sorry if it's personal, but every time I'm with Cere…you seem to look a little down."

"Nah, its fine Corrin. I had feelings for someone back in my world." Cloud didn't want to go into any real details with his relationship with Tifa, especially if it concerned the time when they had sex.

"Aww, I hope you two still keep in contact with each other. You're a great guy, Cloud." Corrin compliments.

Cloud didn't think that at all. If Corrin learned more about his past, the dragon prince would surely change his mind especially since Cloud had done questionable things that would clash with Corrin's fairy tale like morals.

"…I've been feeling a little worried about my sister." The silver haired prince continues.

Cloud raises his eyebrow. "Hmm? What about Kamui?"

"I know she's not very happy about me dating Cere. It makes me sad because I know she'll never support our relationship in the long run unless I find a way to show that I can make this work. I tried to think of something that would get her mind off of me though…and it got me thinking that maybe if she found someone to love, she'll understand what I'm going through and be happy just like me.”

“Doesn’t seem like that kind of person to want a relationship.”

“Yeah. Sister wasn't really a fan of being in a relationship. She was always protecting me. I don't know who would be right for her. I wish she'd find someone as cool as you are."

"...Yeah. As cool as I am...Corrin.” Cloud mutters as he takes another drink of his beer.

Bayonetta came back with a tray of shots and set them on the table nearby. Bayonetta took a seat in between Corrin and Cloud. "So what did my two favorite boys do while I was gone?" Bayonetta gave Corrin a peck on the lips.

"N-Nothing much." Corrin blushed. Cloud rolls his eyes.

"Aww, feeling left out Cloudy? Don't worry, I love you too." Bayonetta kissed Cloud on the cheek.

Cloud blushed immediately at her proximity. He was going to blame her sudden affection toward him as her being a little drunk. Corrin didn't seem to mind too much though. "D-Don't do that in front of your boyfriend!"

"He doesn't mind too much. Right Corrin?"

Corrin just giggled as a response. Cloud's face was as red as a tomato now as he pushed the Umbra Witch away.

"Geez you're annoying..."Cloud shakes his head with an annoyed look.

Bayonetta looked hurt when he said that. Cloud didn't take it too seriously. She would probably guilt trip him and force him to give her a half-ass apology for not treating her the right way. To his surprise (along with Corrin), the two found themselves in a sudden bear hug. Cloud could have sworn there was some gravitational force that pulled him toward the Umbra Witch and prevented him from leaving her side.

When the blonde turned to complain to the Umbran Witch, he noticed for a moment there was a rather serious expression on her face before it turned back into her normal, teasing self.

"I love you both. You two are the best friends a witch could ask for…" Bayonetta says solemnly.

Cloud knew that the alcohol was getting to Bayonetta at this point. There was no way she would be this vocal about her affections to them. Cloud didn't think it was even possible to be that close to her even as a friend. Corrin was one thing, but him?

"I love you too Cere!" Corrin proclaimed as he hugged her back. He didn't even seem to think about why Bayonetta would say this out of the blue. He might have been that oblivious to the situation at hand and how the two older Smashers were spilling some truths toward him. "I love you too Cloud! You're the best thing to happen to me at the mansion!"

Cloud lets out an exaggerated sigh at this point. If his face turned any redder, they would think he was running a fever. He should have been used to people who were more open with their emotions. He was reminded back at home how he needed to be more open to others if he wanted to make new friends. He couldn't stay antisocial forever. However…

"Yeah…whatever." The ex-SOLDIER murmured as he returned the hug his friends were giving him. 

He was still trying to keep his embarrassment in check, but it was futile at this point. At the very least, Cloud was able to hide his smile. It did feel nice to know that Bayonetta did treasure him despite all the problems they had in the past. He would make sure to keep that he would do his best to remind her when she was more sober that he would attempt to do better in maintaining their odd friendship .