Actions

Work Header

Smashed Up in Vegas

Chapter 4

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Bayonetta is still clinging on to Corrin as they were still sitting in the lounging area of the casino. Cloud still hasn't come back from the bathroom yet. The couple was starting to wonder about their blonde friend.

 

"Cloud hasn't come back yet Cere. You think he's okay?" Corrin asks worriedly.

 

"Yeah. What's taking him so long? People don't take half an hour in the bathroom unless they're showering. I don't think there's a shower in here either." Bayonetta says.

 

"Do you think he got lost? This place is really big."

 

"Not sure. I'm going to check to see where he is. Corrin, you stay here. I'll be right back."

 

Bayonetta gets up from the couch. She was trying to regain her footing since she was still feeling a little tipsy.

 

She makes it out of the lounging room and sees that the whole casino was empty. The Umbran Witch was left confused. The casino was packed not too long ago.

 

"That's strange. Where did everyone go? Crowds of people just don't disappear out of thin air." Bayonetta scratches. She continued to look around the empty casino. She eventually sees Falcon helping a wounded Samus up from the ground. Bayonetta rushes over to the two to see if she could get some answers.

 

"Bayonetta? Didn't know you were here." Falcon says.

 

"What happened to Samus? Where did all the people go?" Bayonetta asks.

 

"Everyone evacuated. Someone tried to blow me up and I had to jump out of the window. They beat me real good, but there’s no time to worry about me. We have a big problem on our hands! There's a gang of criminals here trying to steal the fortune of the casino. They plot to hurt the owner of this place to get the fortune out of him. They're also going after Roy." Samus explains.

 

"I just saw him running to the back of the casino. He also had a lady with him for some reason." Falcon remembered.

 

"He's in danger! We have to help him!” Samus stands up. She winces holding on to her stomach.

 

Five mobsters see the smashers and point their assault rifles at them. The smashers turn to the mobster, Falcon and Samus get into a defensive stance.

 

Bayonetta sighs. "Guess I got to get my hands dirty again. I'm not going to let a bunch of thugs ruin the perfect day I was having. I’ll get rid of them.” A little bit of anger was seeping out of her.

 

The Umbran Witch starts slowly walking to the five men. Deadly intent in her eyes. The five men immediately started shooting Bayonetta. The Umbran Witch easily dodges the bullets, putting all the mobsters in Witch Time.

 

Bayonetta rushes to the mobsters and hits three of them with a Wicked Weaves fist, sending flying. Bayonetta slams her foot on the ground and does a Wicked Weaves heel stomp on one of them. For the last mobster, she slowly walks and starts smacking him across the face with her gun. She twirls her gun around in her hand and puts a bullet in the mobster head. 

 

The Witch Time had run out. Falcon and Samus sees the brutalization Bayonetta caused. They weren’t too surprised since they have been on the receiving end of her attacks during tournaments. The last kill however was much more grim than what they were used to from her.

 

The Umbran Witch would always try to style on her opponents, but today was not the day for that. She throws the mobster down to the ground like he was garbage.

 

Bayonetta turns to Samus and Falcon. “Let’s go help Roy.” She says.

 

Falcon and Samus nod. “Right.” The three quickly run to the back of the casino.


Roy is scoping out the hallways. He and Rose briefly escaped from Munyoz's men. 

 

“Mr. Crawford is at the very top of this casino. If we can get there on time, we'll be able to warn him about the assault. We have to hurry.” Rose says.

 

“Alright. I think the close is clear. Let’s get going!” Roy says.

 

The two start walking down the hallway. It was very silent at the moment. It was very eerie for Rose. "We don't have much time to waste. Who knows where Munyoz can be-."

 

Rose's sentence was cut short when multiple gun fires were shot towards their direction. All the bullets were shot at Roy's torso. The redhead swordsman slowly fell backwards. His eyes were closed and showed no sign of breathing. Rose was frozen in fear at the sight of bullet holes all over Roy's upper body. She kneeled down to him and started shaking him.

 

"Roy?! Roy?! No! No! No! You can't die here!" Rose cried.

 

Munyoz came out with a tommy gun in his hand. He just laughed at the sight of him. "Look at you. Crying over some boy you just met. How pathetic. Now that he's out of the way…we can get down to business."

 

Rose snarls at the mob boss. "I'm not going anywhere with you!" She grits her teeth.

 

"You're in no position to talk right now.” Munyoz points his tommy gun at Rose. “I have you right where I want you. Nothing is going to stop me now from getting what I came for."

 

Right when he said that, Bayonetta came in with a flying kick to Munyoz's face sending him flying through a wall.

 

"I'm assuming he's the one behind all of this. How annoying..." Bayonetta grumbled.

 

Samus and Falcon soon follow behind, they see Roy lying on the ground.

 

"Oh no! Roy!" Samus yells.

 

"Shit! Looks like we were too late..." Falcon curses.

 

There was no need to sulk. Roy was beginning to open his eyes and looked around. Everyone was shocked to see Roy alive and well.

 

"Is the close clear?" Roy asks.

 

"Roy?! H-How are you still..." Rose was at a loss of words. How did this kid survive when he took so many bullets to the torso?

 

Roy opened up his tuxedo to reveal he was wearing a bulletproof vest under it. "The detective gave me one. Told me to never go out without one. I'm surprised it actually works…scared me for a moment."

 

Rose puts her hand on her chest and sighs in relief. “I thought I lost you…”

 

"Well now that he's okay. We still have some unfinished business to take care of." Bayonetta said.

 

"Are you looking for the owner?" Rose asked. "Roy and I were heading there as well. He's at the top floor. You three go on ahead. We'll go get the police."

 

The three Smashers started rushing up the stairs while the two redheads ran outside to get the police.


The owner, Mr. Andrew Crawford, is in his office staring outside of his window looking at all the bright lights shining in Las Vegas. This was one of his favorite pastimes to do during his work. Things were so peaceful. It was until Bayonetta, Falcon, and Samus came bursting through the door. The owner turned around with confusion and shock.

 

"What is the meaning of this?! Who are you people?!" Mr. Crawford asked.

 

"Sir! Your life is in grave danger! There are a bunch of criminals here who are trying to steal your fortune. They have no problem killing you for it either." Samus warns.

 

Mr. Crawford’s eyes widens. "What?! It's a good thing you all told me. I'll go prepare myself and we can evacuate."

 

Before the owner could make a move, a bunch of mobsters came inside the office with assault rifles in their hands. They all aimed at the Smashers and the owner.

 

"No worries sir. We can take care of these guys easily!" Falcon says with a smirk.

 

The racer started rushing at the mobsters. He connected two punches to the face on two of the mobsters. Another guy tried to hit Falcon with the rifle, but Falcon slapped the rifle out of the guy's hands and kneed him in the gut. Falcon lifts up the mobster and throws him into more mobsters.

 

Bayonetta does a heel slide through most of the mobsters causing them to fall and drop their weapons. Before the mobsters could move, Bayonetta shot them all down with her guns.

 

Samus paralyzes some of the mobsters with her blaster. She uses her plasma whip to knock them all ground. One guy comes over to punch Samus, he misses the bounty hunter hits him with a sweep kick and paralyzes him while he is on the ground.

 

All the mobsters were knocked out on the ground. Mr. Crawford was just in complete shock at how the Smashers completely wiped out all the men.

 

"My goodness...Those men had guns. You just beat them all in only a matter of seconds. I-I...I don't know what to say."

 

"You can thank us later. Right now we have to get you out of here." Bayonetta says.

 

Before any of them could move. Munyoz came into the office with his tommy gun in his hand. He was very pissed. Fire burned in his eyes. Everyone just stood still not making any sudden movements.

 

"Oh no! You're not going anywhere! I've worked hard to get to where I'm at now, and I'm not going to let you squander my chances!" Munyoz yelled.

 

"Sir, why are you doing this I may ask? Have I done something wrong?" Mr. Crawfors asks, completely oblivious to the man's anger.

 

"He's probably just one of those guys that is evil for no apparent reason. Like a generic cartoon villain or something." Falcon told the owner.

 

"Oh boy, don't we all enjoy those." Samus says sarcastically.

 

"Honestly, are you just doing this out of boredom? You can always take a nice walk out to the park or something if you're bored. Walks really help calm the mind." Bayonetta teases.

 

"Quiet! You stupid idiots! You think this is a joke?! I am not a joke! I'm going to become the richest man on the planet! I won't allow a bunch of weirdos ruining my dream!"

 

"Ugh, if there's one thing I hate, its crybabies. Grow up." Bayonetta rolled her eyes.

 

"Why you lousy-" Munyoz points his gun directly at the Umbran Witch. Munyoz was about to pull the trigger on her, but was stopped by a rather loud presence.

 

Corrin comes into the office without any context of the situation unfolding. Bayonetta did tell him to stay in the lounging room, but he started to get worried when she didn't come back for a while. When he left the designated area, he noticed something was amiss. The place was too quiet as if it was a ghost town and when his ears did pick up sound, he heard people screaming and shouting. Something was really wrong and he felt the need to reunite with Bayonetta. Of course, the last thing he expected was for Bayonetta having her own weapon out against some random guy.

 

"Cere? Are you in here?" Corrin questioned. "Why is everyone fighting?"

 

Munyoz turns around as he hears the dragon prince and points his gun at him.

 

"Corrin! Look out!" Bayonetta yells.

 

Corrin turned to Munyoz who was aiming the gun at him. Corrin panicked and suddenly shifted his arm into a lance and stabbed Munyoz before he got a chance to pull the trigger. Munyoz was sent flying out of the window screaming in horror. He was falling from the fifteenth floor all the way down, crashing into a taxi car.

 

Falcon, Samus, and Bayonetta slowly walked up to the shattered window. They looked down and see Munyoz's body mangled on top of the taxi car.

 

"Damn..." Falcon says.

 

"I-I'm sorry! I-I-I didn't mean to hurt him! I got scared!" Corrin cried out. 

 

He feared their reaction because of how he acted on instinct more than anything. He glanced down at his hand and trembled at the blood that covered his hand. He had to remember that this wasn't Smash Brothers anymore and if he shifted into a dragon, a normal human could potentially die. He needed to find a way to wipe the blood off…

 

"Well...He's not going to be walking anymore…no normal human can survive that." Samus shakes her head in annoyance.

 

"Am I going to be in trouble?" Corrin asked with a sad expression.

 

Bayonetta walked up to Corrin and hugged him. She immediately noticed his body was shaking. "You're not in trouble dear. You actually just saved us all. You're a hero." Bayonetta patted her boyfriend on the head.

 

"M-Me?! I saved everyone?!" Corrin asked while blushing. He found it hard to believe. "I wasn't intending to hurt that man. I just…"

 

"Don't worry about it Corrin. He was a little crazy. Let's just tell the cops he tried to catch a cab." Falcon said, trying to reassure the dragon prince that his actions were justified.

 

"He tried to catch a cab from jumping off fifteen floors?" Samus raised her eyebrow at the racer.

 

"In this crazy world, people will believe anything."


The police arrived at the casino. They entered inside cleaning up all the bodies that were left in there. Bayonetta, Corrin, Falcon, Samus, and Roy were all outside of the casino. The owner and Rose walked up to the Smashers.

 

"Thank you all. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be alive at the moment." Mr. Crawford bows

 

"I think Corrin here deserves more thanks than us. He's the real hero." Bayonetta said with a smile.

 

Corrin shook his head. "N-No! I don't Cere! I just…"

 

Mr Crawford smiles and shakes Corrin’s hand. "Of course. Thank you son. That was a really brave act you did. If there's anything I can do for you, tell me."

 

"No no, it's okay. You don't need to reward me with anything. I'm glad I could help you." Corrin told him while waving his hands in front of him as a gesture to not give him anything. He really could have asked for anything, but he was too nice for that. He tried to hide his blush at Bayonetta's compliment more than anything. She really thought he was a life saver.

 

"Sorry about the casino." Roy apologized to the owner.

 

"Don't worry about it. We'll get it fixed again as soon as possible. For now, I need to go home to my family. Rose? If you don't mind driving me."

 

Rose nods. "No problem at all. You go on ahead. I'll catch up to you."

 

Mr. Crawford leaves Rose and the Smashers. Rose focused her eyes on Roy.

 

"I guess this is it huh? Things were a little wild, but it was exciting." Roy chuckles.

 

Rose giggled. "Yeah, thank you so much Roy. I've only known you for such a small amount of time, but I got a little attached to you." Rose gives Roy a kiss on the cheek leaving a lipstick mark on his face. "This is farewell. I hope we will meet each other again under different circumstances."

 

Rose walks away from the Smashers. Blowing one more kiss at Roy before getting in her car and driving away with Mr. Crawford

 

"Well look at you Roy! I didn't realize you were such a pimp!" Falcon jokes.

 

Roy scratches his head and blushes. Detectives Marie and Jack approach Roy. Marie was carrying a brown bag in her hand.

 

Jack shakes Roy’s hand. “Thank you so much for helping us kiddo. We were hoping to apprehend Munyoz, but oh well. What can you do? He was probably too dangerous to keep alive anyways.”

 

“Ahh no problem. Still wasn’t a fan of you kidnapping me though.” Roy reminds.

 

“I know. So as a promise to keep that on the hush hush.” Marie hands Roy the brown bag. “Here’s fifty thousand dollars from us. You never got this from us, alright?” 

 

“Take it as a job well done and a sorry.” Jack adds.

 

Roy gets the idea of where the detectives were getting at. He nods. “Okay then. Uh, thank you.”

 

The two detectives make their leave. Mario, Luigi, Link, and Marth came out of the casino.

 

"What in the world happened here? One moment I'm drinking and then suddenly the whole casino is empty." Marth complains.

 

"Everyone left because of some explosion. We didn’t know what happened." Link says.

 

Mario sighed. "Mama Mia. I can't ever get a normal vacation can I? Well, at least everyone is okay."

 

Cloud comes walking towards the group carrying Kamui on his back. Kamui wasn't drunk anymore. She was just feeling really weak and sick.

 

"Cloud! You're back! What are you doing with my sister?" Corrin asked with a hint of a protectiveness starting to come up. 

 

Cloud noticed Corrin's voice would get louder if he didn't come clean…but not too clean.

 

"She's not really feeling well at the moment. She's also very tired. I was just looking out for her." Cloud didn't want to tell Corrin about his sister's drunken escapade.

 

"You had us worried that you ditched us. I didn't know bathroom breaks could be so long. What were you doing in there Cloudy?" Bayonetta teases.

 

Cloud blushed at the Umbra Witch's teasing. "You never take a break from teasing me do you?"

 

"Of course not. It's one of my favorite past times."

 

"Figures." Cloud groans while rolling his eyes.

 

Peach, Zelda, Ike, and Mac walked over to the group. Mac and Ike were still half naked in their speedos. Everyone just stared at the two men with many questions on their minds.

 

"Don't ask. I really don't want to talk about it." Ike said quickly as he ducked his head in shame.

 

"But on the bright side, we won some cash!" Peach announced happily.

 

Zelda raised an eyebrow at her blonde friend. "You mean Mac and Ike won some cash. We just sat there and spectated."

 

"If it wasn't for me, they wouldn't have joined in the first place." Peach smirked. Zelda just rolled her eyes not wanting to continue arguing with Peach.

 

Dark Pit and Lucina came walking up to the group. They looked at the carnage around them with confusion on their faces.

 

"What the hell guys? We go out to check out the city and all of this happens while we're gone?" Dark Pit questions.

 

"Looks like we had a peaceful time compared to everyone else." Lucina jokes.

 

Pit and Robin came up to the group. Pit carrying his championship belt over his shoulder with a triumphant smile on his face.

 

"Ladies and Gentlemen! I have returned!" Pit broadcasted.

 

"Where have you two been?" Dark Pit asks.

 

"Oh you know, just witnessing Pit become your new Las Vegas World Champion! That's my boyfriend!" Robin raises Pit's hand.

 

"Well...This has certainly been an action filled night. Whether it's in the real world or the Smash realm, we always seem to get into trouble. We should start heading back to our hotel and get ready for our flight tomorrow." Mario says.

 

The smashers were beginning to leave, but were briefly stopped by one police officer.

 

"Excuse me! Quick Question! There was a report that two women in bunny suits and a man have gone missing. Do any of you have any leads?" The officer asks.

 

The Smashers were looking at each other with confusion. They didn't know anything about the missing people. Except for Bayonetta and Cloud. Cloud just stared at the Umbran Witch who was showing no concern in her face.

 

"Nope, haven't seen them." Bayonetta responds.

 

"Are you sure? You're not holding any information are you?"

 

"Of course not. We don't know anything about the three missing people. We’re foreigners."

 

The police believed Bayonetta and left the Smashers alone. All the smashers looked over to the Umbra Witch.

 

"Bayonetta, did you have anything to do with those missing people?" Mario squints his eyes at the Umbran Witch.

 

"I guess...some things might have happened. Who knows? Now let's start heading back to our hotel." Bayonetta started walking away before she was interrogated any longer. Corrin would trail after her like a devoted puppy immediately afterward. Cloud would follow after Corrin seeing as how he needed to make sure Bayonetta didn't do anything stupid while heading back to the hotel.

 

Mario just facepalmed and shook his head in annoyance. "I question why I bring all of you people with me."



Notes:

Few things I added for this chapter compared to original was having Bayonetta give out some ass beatings and added a little bit with the undercover cops giving Roy some hush money. Other than that, everything else practically stayed the same.

Going back to this story was fun and it was fun to rewrite this old story for when I was young.

Notes:

For this chapter, it was originally split up into 2 chapters. I decided to make it into one big chapter because I think they both would just flow well together. This chapter focusing on Bayonetta, Corrin, and Cloud.

Yeah I know the "Lucky Gold Dragon Casino" isn't a real place, but let's just pretend that it is.

The most I did was some grammer cleaning up, and a number of dialogue changes from the original. There will be a couple things I'll add throughout the story so that it'll tie in together better than it did originally.

I hope you're all having a good day. Kudos if you enjoyed and all that fine jazz.

Series this work belongs to: