Actions

Work Header

Fantastic Wizards and Where to Find Them

Summary:

Dear Fullsun,
It’s over, he’s dead. I know I should feel incredibly relieved, but I can’t. I am glad he’s dead, but I don’t think we’re done fighting. We need to find them, and now that the war’s over and Hogwarts is destroyed and I have nowhere to go, I’m going to start looking. I’m gonna try to find Big Head 1 first. I know where he is, I just don’t know how to get him out. It would be great to have your help. Please consider it. I miss you so much, I miss your jokes and your quips and having you by my side. Please write back asap, and please stay safe. I can’t lose you too. 

Love, Mochi

The war may be over, and Voldemort may be dead. But Jisung’s fight isn’t done until he finds his friends.

* * *

In which Jisung's real battle lies outside Hogwarts: him against the Wizarding World. As more is revealed and more are found, new challenges are faced, and true colors are revealed.

Notes:

HUGE thank you to Mel and Noah!! (As well as the WON server for existing). This fic wouldn't have been possible without you guys and I'm seriously so grateful to you both <33

Major Disclaimer:
This fic is set in the Harry Potter Universe. That being said, I in no way, shape, or form support Jk Rowling or anything she has said or posted ever. She is horrible, I do not support her and I am unbelievably disappointed that she turned out to be the person she has revealed herself to be. Trans people are valid.

Chapter 1: 1

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

 

Dear Mochi, 

I heard they’re headed to Hogwarts. Some rumors about Harry Potter and horcruxes. I fear they’ll bring war to the grounds. Please be safe. Please. You’ve already suffered so much this year with the Carrows. I would hate to see you in more pain. I’m doing fine, full moon is soon, I still haven’t found where I’ll get my potion. I would buy it in Knockturn Alley, but I don’t know if I can get there without being caught. I’ll be alright, I promise. Please stay safe, be on guard. As Alastor Moody would say, Constant Vigilance. I love you, and I miss you. 

Lots of love, 

Fullsun

 

* * *

 

Jisung’s heart stops as a green spell flies past his ear, barely missing his head.

 

Holding his breath, he darts from the wall he’s hiding behind, running across the opening and to another wall. As he runs, he reaches to cover his head with his hands, slipping his wand in his pocket. It’s a good thing he did, as two spells one red and one blue fly over head, the blue one grazing his hand. 

 

Jisung drops to the ground, slumping against the wall, where he’s hopefully safe for a couple minutes. He shakily brings his left hand down from his head, looking at it to only see blood. 

 

“Aguamenti,” he mutters to wash the blood off his hand. The spell reveals a cut about 4 inches long, stretching from the base of his pinky finger to the top of his wrist. Jisung grimaces. It stings, badly, and Jisung really doesn’t have time to be losing a lot of blood. The gash is deep, at least a quarter inch. Jisung waves his wand slowly over his hand, attempting to heal some of the cut. It fails. He leans his head against the wall and attempts to calm his increasing breaths. 

 

Merlin, what Jisung would do for Jeno to be there right now. Jeno’s an excellent healer. 

 

Except Jeno’s missing, and he has been for 7 months. 

 

He finally manages to catch his breath when a loud noise sounds above him. The pillars of the wall he’s leaning against are crumbling down on top of him. Jisung throws his hands above his head, curling in on himself. He tries not to scream as rubble lands on top of him and his open wound, battering his back. 

 

It’s heavy, and it hurts, and Jisung feels like the wind has been knocked out of him. Each time he thinks it’s over, there’s more weight on him and he’s gasping for breath. Finally, finally, the rocks stop falling on top of him. Jisung shifts ever so slightly, pointing his wand to the side. 

 

“Wingardium Leviosa,” he croaks, barely getting enough air in his lungs to choke out the spell. He really should’ve paid more attention when they were doing silent spells. 

 

Slowly, very slowly, Jisung manages to lift the rocks off his back, not caring where he ends up throwing them. He shifts his arms after the weight is off him, gasping for breath. There’s just one more rock in front of him. 

 

He lifts it quickly, desperate to get out of the rubble and keep moving. He really needs to see Madam Pomfrey. 

 

However, as soon as he moves the rock he regrets it, because he finds himself mere decimeters from a dementor. All the breath is sucked out of his body. He frantically pushes himself backwards, but there’s nowhere to go. He feels weak, life already leaving his body as the dementor howls in front of him. He grips his wand but he can’t speak, can’t focus on a happy enough memory to utter the spell, and he doesn’t have the strength to do it nonverbally. 

 

In a last-ditch attempt to survive, Jisung tries to bury his face in his knees, only for the dementor to grab his chin with its clammy hands, wrenching it upwards. Jisung tries moving his head to either side, to no avail. The dementor is centimeters away. 

 

A bright light appears to his left. A marvelous creature comes flying towards him and the dementor is blown away. Slumping against the wall, Jisung gasps for air, grabbing the rocks next to him to keep himself sitting up. He feels so weak. Jisung can’t move. He takes a second to catch his breath, closing his eyes and leaning his head against the wall. 

 

The patronus that saved him returns from scaring away the dementor, standing in front of him. Jisung basks in its warmth, breaths coming easier. He opens his eyes to find himself making eye contact with an otter. The otter flits around him playfully. 

 

“Thank you.” Jisung smiles weakly. 

 

His heart breaks. Jaemin’s patronus was an otter. He stopped answering his owls a month ago, the same time Renjun went missing. The patronus that saved belongs to one of Jisung’s other friends, Taehyun.

 

Taking one last deep breath, Jisung pushes himself up, holding tightly onto the rocks next to him and broken wall behind him. He stumbles briefly, before catching his balance. Gripping his wand tightly in his good hand, he makes his way toward the Great Hall. 

 

He’s stopped after about seven steps, three Death Eaters dropping down in front of him. Jisung instinctively steps backwards, before preparing his stance and holding his wand out in front of him. He can’t lose this fight. But the odds aren’t in his favor. 

 

What he wouldn’t give to have Chenle next to him, his dueling partner. But Chenle’s parents are Death Eaters, and Chenle stopped going to Hogwarts in January. 

 

Before any of the death eaters can even raise their wands, Jisung shouts. 

 

“Expelliarmus!” He disarms the first death eater. “Stupefy!”  

 

One down, two to go. The other two death eaters react immediately, the second throws the cruciatus curse, Jisung stumbles backwards, deflecting it at the last second. A green blast flies towards him. “Diffindo!” he cries, barely saving his life. 

 

The death eaters push him back further. Jisung’s back hits a wall. He’s cornered.  

 

The second death eater raises his wand, but Jisung’s faster. 

 

“Petrificus totalus!” He yells with his wand raised. The Death Eater’s limbs snap to his sides. The spell freezes him like a board. He falls backwards onto the cold ground. 

 

Before he can celebrate his small victory, Jisung’s wand flies out of his hand. He pales, turning to look at the third Death Eater. He has his wand raised, pointing it at Jisung tauntingly. Jisung spots his wand, but it’s too far out of his reach. He’s going to die. 

 

The Death Eater raises his wand, and Jisung is sure there’s a grin on his face. He’s bringing it down to fire when Jisung hears it. 

 

“He’s dead! He’s dead! Harry’s killed him, he’s dead!” A voice travels across the courtyard, raw but victorious. 

 

Within seconds, the Death Eater disapparates, leaving Jisung alone, pressed against a wall, trembling and scared. Jisung sinks to the floor, heart beating rapidly in his chest. He almost died, he just almost died. Shaking, Jisung reaches across the rubble to grab his wand, hugging it to his chest. 

 

It’s over. He’s dead. A tear drips down Jisung’s face. He’s so overwhelmed and hurt and tired. He can’t help but bury his head in his knees and sob. 

 

The war may be over, and Voldemort may be dead. But Jisung’s fight isn’t done until he finds his friends. 

 

* * *

 

Dear Fullsun

 

It’s over, he’s dead. I know I should feel incredibly relieved, but I can’t. I am glad he’s dead, but I don’t think we’re done fighting. I don’t know where to go. I might stay here at the dorms until I have the will to go home. Which might be never. Ha. It’s not like anyone’s going to notice either way. I know you keep refusing to let me travel with you, but please, hyung, please consider letting me join you. I know you’re saying it’s because you’re being hunted and you’re dangerous at that time of month but who cares! Blah blah blah, you know I can just transform when it’s that time. We need to find them, and now that the war’s over and Hogwarts is destroyed and I have nowhere to go, I’m going to start looking. I’m gonna try to find Big Head 1 first. I know where he is, I just don’t know how to get him out. It would be great to have your help. Please consider it. I miss you so much, I miss your jokes and your quips and having you by my side. Please write back asap, and please stay safe. I can’t lose you too. 

 

Lots of love, 

Mochi

 

Notes:

And that was the first chapter! I hope you all enjoyed! Stay tuned, I will be updating weekly!
twt
tumblr
cc