Actions

Work Header

After All Is Said And Done

Chapter 3: His Mother's Sun

Summary:

Soo hangs out with Eun and Soon Deok.
So goes on a date with ShinMyeong

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

As Soo met up with her friends, Wang Eun and his girlfriend Park Soon Deok later that evening after work, she recounted the day's activities to her friends over a hearty meal of chicken and beer. Wang Eun who being her best friend also doubled as Wang So's younger cousin and his girlfriend Park Soon Deok who had known since childhood but only started the past year were always willing and a bit too eager to be updated with the happenings in Soo's workplace.

Wang Eun who held a deep reverence for his cousin Wang So could not stomach the thought of Wang So being down in mood because of domestic issues with she who shall not be named.

"He really needs to divorce her raggedy ass for the sake of his sanity" Wang Eun said after Soo was done recounting what transpired earlier in the day to them.

"Yah!! Wang Eun!! That is going too far" Soon Deok screamed while smacking him on his head.

"Ouch, what was that for?" He asked in response while rubbing the sore spot

" That's for being ridiculous" she rolled her eyes as she continued "instead of an outright divorce that will cause a huge scandal and affect company stocks, they can get seperated for a while, take that time and figure out what it is they want"

"Wow!! Soon Deok-ah, how did you get this smart" Soo asks with an incredulous look on her face

"Eun-ah" Hae Soo called out "Do you think you can suggest that to your cousin" She added as an afterthought.

"Soo-ya, Hyung will never listen to me on that. He doesn't even know that we know about his troubles with the wicked witch of East End so how am I supposed to bring this up" Eun answered with a shrug.

It was clear to all three, that they couldn't do anything to ease his situation in the meantime.

"Soo-ya, why are you very worried about someone who is supposed to be just your boss?" Soon Deok asked with curiosity

"Just because" she answered with a shrug while taking a swig of her beer.


As Wang So sat in the restaurant of Hotel De Luna, he casually flipped through his gallery, pausing to smile briefly at the pictures of his mom, brothers and cousin in different spots that they had taken during the past year's vacation in Mykonos. Bored after a while of looking he gallery, he put down his phone to look at the clock which just chimed 7:45pm. 

"Leave it to Mother to take her time in getting here" he groaned internally. 

But just before another thought could cross his mind, he felt her presence as he breathed in the fragrance of her perfume. Smiling, he stood up while turning around to engulf his mother in a big hug as he welcomed the lavender scent of her shampoo that hit his nose.

"Omo!! Someone is  super excited to see me today" Yoo ShinMyeong said with a big smile as she returned her son's hug while rubbing his back affectionately.

"Aigoo! you talk as if you're not excited to see your sunshine again" Wang So answered with a cheeky smile on his face as he pulled out a chair for her to sit on before taking his own seat.

"Omo, my heart" she answered dramatically holding her palm to her chest 

"Such a fine gentleman and well mannered too" ShinMyeong smiled affectionately at her Son

"I have to be, is not everyday that I get to be in the company of a very beautiful woman" He answered with an even more affectionate smile and an added wink.

"You flatter me way too much my baby, even more than your father has ever done in the entire period of our marriage" ShinMyeong said reaching out to stroke his cheek tenderly.

"And I'll continue to do so mother dearest, you deserve the world and more you know" he answered with a smile while reaching out to place his palm on hers and giving it a gentle squeeze.

Observing him closely, Yoo ShinMyeong's smile seemed to fade a little.

"Are you eating and sleeping well darling? Is work getting too tough? Why do you look so stressed baby?" She asked in quick succession with concern written all over her face.

"Why don't we order and eat so we can have the energy to deal with whatever needs to be dealt with" He said with a smile trying to calm her nerves. He should have known his mother could tell within a minute of looking at him if everything was okay with him or not.

His father didn't really care about his mother; he had married her to strengthen his growing business Enterprise and to produce an heir. Despite having a beautiful wife and three amazing sons, Wang Geon still kept a long list of mistresses. His mother, Yoo ShinMyeong had mastered the art of ignoring his father to his own devices and had instead focused attention on her boys and work, showering them with all the love and attention that she could muster. 

Wang So was easily her favorite son though she would always argue that all three were equally loved and that she had no favorite. The thought of her baby being stressed and disturbed largely reduced her appetite.

Over dinner and wine, they made light talk and shared hearty laughter over his niece and nephew's antics. She also regaled him with tales of what had happened at the beauty salon earlier in the day and the latest gossip on the estate wives.


Taking a walk in the hotel's garden after dinner, ShinMyeong had her hand tucked in her son's arm as they sat on the stone bench hidden beneath the flowers.

"Now, Are you going to tell mother what the problem is my baby, you've stalled long enough you know" she said while resting her head on his shoulder.

Of course he expected it, he knew she wouldn't let it go, she wouldn't be the powerful Yoo ShinMyeong if she did. Her only weakness after all were her children.

Tired of waiting for an answer that never seemed to come, ShinMyeong lifted her head off his shoulder; cradling his face in her palms, she looked at him long and hard before she finally asked 

"It's YeonHwa, isn't it?"

He gave her a pained smile in return.

"I should have put my foot down and never let you marry her, then you wouldn't need to suffer this much" She said looking like she was on the verge of tears.

"Pls, don't mother. Don't blame yourself, you did everything you could. I knew she didn't love me when I went into this; I just thought she could tolerate me and perhaps it'd be a friendly partnership. How wrong was I" He said regretfully.

"That never ends well child" ShinMyeong answered painfully. She was really hurt seeing her So, her little sunshine in this state of uncertainty. She thought of inviting YeonHwa to lunch and having a candid discussion with her; but then she knew the little witch was like the senior witch, her mother; she would not honor her invitation. She just had to look for another way out for her son; she refused to let her son be trapped in a loveless and troubled relationship.

"How did you do it Mother? You don't love father neither does he love or take your feelings into consideration, how were you able to look past all of that" Wang So asked, bringing his mother out of her reverie.

"Easy" she shrugged

"I had you and your brothers to share with me all the love I couldn't get or give him" She said with a smile before adding

"You three are my life and everything; I'd give the world for you"

"I'm so tired ma, can I rest a while?" He asked while laying down on the bench with his head resting on his mother's laps.

"You Know you don't need to ask my darling. You'll forever be mommy's sunshine" she said as she began stroking his hair to calm him.

"Is there ever going to be a way out of all this mother?" Wang So asks in a small tired voice

"There always is child"

"There always is" she repeats with a determined look on her face

Notes:

I've finally decided an update schedule. I'll try as much as I can to update at least once a week..
Thanks for reading and the kudos💃💃💃💃

Notes:

This is my first story here and I hope you guys like it.
I'll try to update as regularly as I can.
Don't hold out on the criticisms, comments and likes
Thank you lovelies🙏✌️✌️