Actions

Work Header

Oolong & Maple

Chapter 24: [ o t h e r s ]

Summary:

Mark after their wedding. Yukhei after their wedding.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

After returning from Iceland as a married couple, life for Yukhei and Mark remained the same (it’s not as if they hadn't lived as husbands already).

Of course, some things changed, like the gold band around Mark’s ring finger that wasn’t there before, which brought additional attention to his already noticeable persona (being friends with Taeyong, who changes hair color like he changes underwear, and Ten, an evil postdoctoral maniac that is friends with a soccer star, and Baekhun, the less subtle bastard Mark had the disgrace to meet).

It also changed the way Yukhei talks about Mark. While before he was hesitant in calling something remotely cheesy, other than baby (and only when they were alone), now it is as if Yukhei showered in confident, calling him ‘love’, ‘sweetheart’, ‘gorgeous’ and any other name his mind could come with, not minding that he was picking Mark from the campus or buying latte in the Starbucks (on just had to see the face on the worker that took his order when Yukhei told him it was under the name of ‘Watermelon prince’).

 

Mark doesn’t pay much attention to this, but he knows everyone is talking about him.

His students are awfully nosy, and he knew that by the time he returned from his honeymoon, almost everyone would know at least some part of the whole thing. If well, it was true that Baekhyun was in charge of spreading the news about their wedding, Ten contributed too.

When he returned to the university after his holidays, Taeyong updated him that the biologist has been talking about how their wedding was, and sharing pictures of him on his important day.

 

Still, that doesn’t change that when he received the first question in regard to his new married life, he was taken by surprise.

“Professor Lee, is your husband older than you?” Mark stops writing equations on the whiteboard for a second, to give a severe glare to this girl (Andrea, that’s her name) before he sighs in resignation.

“Only by a few months” he concedes, and suddenly, Algebra becomes 20 questions about Mark and Yukhei.

“Is it the guy who always came to pick you? The tall guy?”

“What is his name?”

“He isn’t from here, right?” Mark wants to stop this madness, he wants to say that it’s none of his business, but he knows they may ask Ten later, and he will spill the beans. He just didn’t think that also his male students were going to be interested in his private life too.

“Yes, he is. His name is Yukhei Wong. He’s from Hong Kong. And before you start, no. I didn’t take his last name, nor he took mine. And yes, I can speak a bit of Cantonese and Mandarin. Now, can we make this about algebra again?” he knows he’s blushing, but he tries to ignore it, as he hopes his students do. When they remain silent, with knowing smiles, Mark proceeds “Very well, where were we?”



Yukhei usually uses the time from his work to the campus (around half an hour) to connect his phone to the car’s speakers and call his best friend and update him about his daily life.

Most of the time, they just talk about their days. How Taemin (who gives classes on the university, but also works with Yukhei) did something stupid when they were eating lunch or how Ten caused Baekhyun a new heart attack by spilling an essay tube over his table. How Yukhei was needing new glasses because he can’t see properly anymore or how Ten was going to take Yuta to this their favorite cafeteria.

Today, he is more than happy to talk with Ten about those juicy details from the honeymoon that he can’t tell when Mark is around (unless he wants to be hit with a frying pan or a cushion).

“It was pink?! Holy fuck” Ten laughs laudly and his voice resounds inside the black Honda Civic, Yukhei laughs too.

“Of fucking course it was pink, what do you think? That Baekhyun wouldn’t try to piss off Mark in any possible way? He probably thought Mark was against the idea of using a pink vibrator, what a shame he got his concepts all wrong because Mark didn’t use it in the way he thought”

“He likes you in pink, right?” Yukhei hums, sure that Ten will understand “You look lovely in pink, I totally understand him”

“You think I look lovely in every color, dude” Ten doesn’t deny that fact “Thanks, by the way. Mark really loved the pink choker, he said it brought out my eyes”

“I told you it was the perfect choice~ You should ask my opinion more often”

“More?” Ten laughs and Yukhei laughs too, as if they had said something hilarious (perhaps it is, but just for the two of them, a secret code they share in every single gesture, even when they can’t see each other) “By this time, you would already buy my underwear if I allowed you” they laugh again.

“I know, I know- Speaking of underwear...” Yukhei knows Ten wants to know about Baekhyun's gift.

“Awesome. It wasn’t that big to be honest, just above Mark’s size-”

“That’s still a pretty decent size-”

“My point is” Yukhei stops at a red light, waiting for the people to cross the street “Nothing that I haven’t tried before. The texture was soft, slightly silky, which was good because it entered smoothly with all that watermelon lube-”

“Thought Mark would be the guy who appreciated it” Yukhei and Ten have this sort of conversation all the time. It’s absolutely rare that one can finish a sentence without the other interrupting, but it’s perfectly fine. They’ve been like this for years, long enough to know each other so well that it doesn’t matter anymore because they know what the other is going to say before he can think about it.

“I liked it didn’t make too much noise, and that it only had three settings, though I kind of wanted one more... But that’s when Mark helped”

“He got you all worked up, man! Remember me to send him a ‘congratulations’ card” they giggle before they laugh again, Yukhei almost misses the green light.

“Asshole” he hears Yuta’s laugh at the other end of the line “Is Yuta there?”

“He was bored in the flat, so he came with me to my lab. He’s been watching tik toks while I take samples from my guinea pigs”

“Sounds like fun”

“You should come soon, I’m sure Taemin won’t mind if we let you dissect the ovaries of the rats”

“Yeah, sure. Mark already complains that I spend too much time talking to you. Satan knows how many times I have denied going to his lab, and not because I don’t like what he’s talking about-”

“Because you love too much when he talks, go on”

“But because of Baekhyun-”

“He’s a lovely human being”

“Only you can consider him lovely, it’s worse than us together” Yukhei complains, parking the car in front of the campus “Anyway, gotta go now, I’m already here”

“Would you come to say hi?”

“No way, I have a date with my couch and Devil May Cry”

“How cute, thinking Mark won’t drag you to his dentist appointment with him”

“I don’t complain-”

“Much?”

“Much” Yukhei concedes. He sees his husband coming out of the campus, completely ignoring the people staring at him. “Talk you soon”

“Yeah, yeah, whatever” before any of them can finish their call, Yuta yells ‘that’s right, motherfucker’ and they laugh “See you soon, then”

“Don’t let Yuta kill your experiments too soon”

“He wishes” with that, Ten positively finishes their call, just in time for Mark to get in their car.

“Dude, my students are something else” Mark also lost all his shame after they got married. Now, he can’t care less about giving a soft peck to his husband right in front of the campus, where everyone can see them. Fuck them, Mark said the first time “I mean, I get my life is more appealing than studying solving equations, but still- They’re shameless”

Yukhei waits for Mark to finish rambling before he turns on the car again.

“Tell me everything, sweetheart” he doesn’t even ask Mark if he wants him to take him to his appointment. Yukhei knows that Mark knows he knows (?) his schedule by heart.

Notes:

I've been dying. I was sick yesterday but I still had to work from home. I'm at work right now because I'm about to become the boss of my own small department and I've been solving issues that i have to get ready before monday. You can't even imagine the amount of work I have piling up in my desk right now. Still, I wanted to update this chapter to you, because I don't know when I'll be able to do it again (within the next two weeks, that's for sure), not only for my work but because I want to write some other stories that I haven't touched in weeks...
Ah, Jesus.

Thank you everyone for your kudos and lovely comments!! Seriously, they make me so happy!!!!!
So... If nothing else happens, let's read us soon, shall we?
Until then, take care ❤❤❤