A fan-created, fan-run, nonprofit, noncommercial archive for transformative fanworks, like fanfiction, fanart, fan videos, and podfic

more than 64,060 fandoms | 6,850,000 users | 12,680,000 works

The Archive of Our Own is a project of the Organization for Transformative Works.

News All News

  • Feedback Needed Regarding the ELVIS Act

    Published: Thu 14 Mar 2024 04:40PM UTC Comments: 105

    Tennessee's proposal of the ELVIS Act might sound like something fun for fans, but in fact has the potential to create problems for fans engaging in a variety of fannish activities. This legislation is moving forward next week under pressure from Tennessee Governor Lee, but there is still some time to voice concerns and message the governor about how this act will hurt the public interest.

    Read more...

  • OTW is Recruiting for Tag Wrangling & Graphics Volunteers

    Published: Wed 13 Mar 2024 04:06PM UTC Comments: 0

    Would you like to wrangle AO3 tags? Can you read and translate from Russian to English? Can you read and translate from Filipino to English? Are you a digital artist interested in the OTW's work? The Organization for Transformative Works is recruiting!

    Read more...

  • February 2024 Newsletter, Volume 186

    Published: Fri 08 Mar 2024 05:12PM UTC Comments: 12

    TWC recently announced their new Fans of Color Research Prize. The award recognizes the best peer-reviewed article about fans and/or fandoms of color published in Transformative Works and Cultures in the preceding 3 years (currently no earlier than 2021) and furthers the journal’s goal to support scholars whose work fills critical gaps in fan studies literature about racially marginalized and/or non-western fans. The winner will receive a $500 cash prize. Please feel free to disseminate the prize widely and nominate qualifying articles!

    Read more...