Actions

Work Header

Heart's Happiness

Summary:

"P'Beam! Stop it!" Yo was now glaring at him. "I will marry someone that father chooses and that's final. I wanted father to retire too, I don't want him to have a heart attack again." The kid is scary when he's upset.

Beam wouldn't let his younger brother get married in a political gain. He will convince his father that Wayo should marry someone he loved but his father won't back down unless Beam will get married too. Now Beam is torn, he wanted to marry for love too but Wayo's happiness should come first.

I do not own the characters but the story is the product of my imagination.

Notes:

Greetings! This is my take on ForthBeam ship. I hope you'll like it. Enjoy!

Chapter Text

Chapter 1

It was supposed to be a nice dinner at Vongviphan Manor. It was a quiet calm evening until Beam Baramee Vongviphan's shrill disturbed the whole mansion.

"Did you finally lose your head, father?!"

He yelled as he burst through the double doors of the dining area of the mansion where his father and step brother was eating their dinner with their butler standing on his father's side.

"P'Beam!" His little brother Wayo was beaming at him. Wayo may be his step brother but he loved him as his own little brother ever since his father remarried a widower of the Panitchayasawad house. The head of the Vongviphan House slowly massage his temple.

"What is it, Beam? You told us that you wouldn't eat with us tonight. So, why are you here?"

Beam was fuming. His father is the headache, not him!

"Are you seriously gonna me ask that?"

"What is it, Beam? This is a pleasant evening, Wayo and I are discussing something important." His Father made a 'get on with it' gesture with his hand which fueled Beam's anger. Wayo was fidgeting on his chair and sparing a glance towards Beam and his step-father.

"You're gonna marry off Yo without my approval! Are you fucking mad?!" Beam was sure that after this conversation he' ll gonna lose his voice.

"Language, Beam!" His dad banged the long dinner table that separates him and Beam. Wayo is close to weeping right now but he wouldn't back down. He always headbutts with his father, the banging of the table is normal. So, he continued, “And it’s a shame I found it out outside of this mansion! You’re now creating a rumor so that suitors would come forward, didn’t you?”

"Father, P'Beam, please. Stop it." Wayo squeaked at his chair. Tears streaked eyes turned to Beam.

"P'Beam, Father asked nicely about the marriage proposal and I agreed. It's fine. I'm okay with whatever the decision is." he tried to pacify the two Vongviphan through his pleading eyes.

Beam did not see this coming. Wayo was in love with someone and to consider marrying someone who is not the love of his life is a big deal. Wayo was kind and considerate but as a brother he will not let him do it. Wayo's happiness comes first.

"Wayo, You deserve happiness. You need to marry someone you love, not like a business deal!" he glared at his father. Mr. Vongviphan sighed. "You're hiding something from me, father. What is it and you're gonna tell me the truth."

"Fine. I'm dying. Enough truth for you?" his father answered with a little sarcasm. The Lord of Vongviphan house slumped on his chair.

"What?!" Beam yelled at his father.. “You better not joke about something like this!” Beam continued. Wayo was just surprised in his seat.

Lord Vongviphan looked at Beam. "Before I die, I want my children to marry respectable noble names so that I can rest in peace but as you can see, I can't marry you off that easily because you're so stubborn, so I came to Wayo." His father held Wayo's hand. "Your mother and I's marriage may be a political convenience but we are good friends and I promised her a good life for you before she died."

Wayo cried and hugged his father. "I know you're honoring my mother's wishes that's why I accept whatever decision will be made." Beam wouldn't accept that. Wayo will not be happy in a political marriage.

"No! I will not allow it." Beam is stubborn just like his father so he is still pushing buttons.

“Beam, I am dying. I need someone to look after the both of you.” The head of the house sighed again.

“No, you are healthy! I made sure of that. Our doctors can confirm that. You are not dying!” Beam glared still at his father. It was true though, his father had a heart attack scare a few years back but he was okay now, He made sure that. His father could not deceive him, he did study medicine after all.

“Dad, are you really dying?” Wayo was looking at their father worriedly. There, he was sure that his father couldn't resist the puppy eyes of his beloved brother.

“Fine.” His father conceded. “I am not dying, but-!” He glared at Beam who was sporting a smirk.

“I wanted to retire. I need someone to take care of the Vongviphan House and because you study medicine and not the business, I need someone to run this house instead of you.” He pointed at Beam.

“And you choose to whore Wayo instead?” Their father was still upset that Beam chose Medicine instead of Business. He cannot tolerate business, and he wanted to be a doctor. He was following his heart. Is that so hard to accept?


"P'Beam! Stop it!" Yo was now glaring at him. "I will marry someone that father chooses and that's final. I wanted father to retire too, I don’t want him to have a heart attack again." The kid is scary when he's upset. He learned that the hard way.

Damn, Beam needed his ace now. He won't allow Wayo to be in a loveless marriage. He was honoring his late Step-mother’s wishes too, so bite him. Beam’s mother died in an attack when he was one year old, so he didn’t know what mother's love was. His father was busy running the Vongviphan State so he was raised by wet nurses, butlers, and maids. It made him a very rebellious child so that his father would give him some attention. It made his father upset and that started out their bad blood towards each other.

It continued until when he was thirteen and his father married a widower from the Panitchayasawad house. Rose Panitchayasawad was a beautiful woman and he also had a son, five years younger than him, Wayo who was eight years old at that time. Beam thought he’d hated the new addition in the family but he did not. It was a delight when Wayo called him a big brother and swore to all deities that he will protect him even if it will cost his life. He became civil to his father, sure they argue from time to time but Rose was quick to pacify it. Rose became his mother too, She loved him like a true son and it also hurt him when she died. When Rose was on her deathbed, she asked Beam a request.

“Promise me that you and Wayo will choose whatever your heart’s desire may be. Do not deny your heart’s will to be happy. Promise me.”

Beam takes the promise to his heart, so he will protect Wayo’s heart. Wayo and his father can suck it up. Besides, Beam still has an ace against Wayo. It may anger his little brother but he needs to act now before his father will call suitors from around the country. Vongviphan family is one of the powerful household name in the Country of Ceres, many would definitely fight for the hand of either of them. It would not matter if it’s a man or a woman because a political name is more powerful than a gender. Beam decided to face his little brother’s wrath after, so he laid his ace on the table.

"What about Pha? Wayo, you’re in love with him the second you laid your eyes on him.”

Beam watched as Wayo inhaled sharply and his eyes glinted dangerously at him. Lord Vongviphan tilted his head in confusion.

“Phana? Phana, the head doctor?” His father asked the both of them. It became eerily quiet. Both Beam and Wayo held their breath. Phana Itthipat Thanit was the Head Doctor of the Panitchayasawad-Vongviphan estates and one of Beam’s best friends. They both studied at the same university and after they graduated, Beam invited Phana to be part of the Doctors at the Vongviphan Estate.

Since Vongviphan is a powerful household, his best friend accepted the offer and worked diligently until he became the Head Doctor for the Vongviphan household. Phana was one the reason why Vongviphan Household is quite famous in Medicine since they house the best doctors in the country. When Beam introduced Phana to Wayo, he could clearly see hearts in his brother’s eyes. Wayo then confessed to Beam that he liked Phana. It was the reason that he invited Phana to be a doctor in the Vongviphan Estate.

“Phana Itthipat Thanit?” Lord Vongviphan asked them again. Wayo suddenly stood up and glared at Beam.

“I will accept Father’s decision and that is final.” Wayo stated and ran towards the door. Beam grabbed his wrist when Wayo passed by him.

“Wayo..”

There’s hurt in Wayo’s eyes and he decided to let go of his wrist. His little brother ran again and would lock himself in his room. Wayo can hate him all he wants but he will not compromise his happiness in a political wedding. Not in a million years when Phana loves Wayo too.

“Beam” His father called him. “Wayo loves Phana?”

Beam sighed and sat in one of the chairs in the long dining table. His energy drained out when Wayo’s eyes spelled betrayal to him.

“He did not tell you because Phana doesn’t have a noble name.” Beam sighed.

“Does Phana love Wayo, too?” That startled Beam. His father never cared for that before and he is asking if Phana loves Wayo too?

“The heck? Why do you suddenly care about that?”

“Answer my question.” The glare is back on his father’s eyes.

“Yes, he loves him but he did not act on it because Wayo is a Vongviphan.” Beam rolled his eyes to his father.

“Let Phana court your brother. If Wayo accepts him, I will let him marry Wayo.” That surprised Beam. He wanted to cheer, he was happy but it was too soon to celebrate because his father added.

“But you will get married first. That’s final.”

Fuck.