Actions

Work Header

He Who Captured the Attention of the Family Prude

Chapter 7

Notes:

Okay so I finally figured out the number of chapters this is going to get. Subject to change cause my ass is indecisive.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Rhaast knew his eyes were deceiving him. That had to be the case because what other explanation would there be for Kayn to be standing before him at this very moment?

It’s barely been a day and he was already hallucinating the Ionian’s presence. Maybe his brother’s comment about his infatuation was right, and it was dangerous. 

How pathetic. 

It must be due to the minimal sleep he received last night. His boiling rage kept him awake through ungodly hours, toiling over how he was to face his brother in class the next morning. In the end, he ended up skipping class for the first time in his life. The rebellious freedom he felt walking away from the lecture hall today filled him with temporary unease, which quickly dissipated once he settled down in the library. To add fuel to the fire, he deliberately left his phone on his desk just in case his brother decided to inquire about his whereabouts. 

“Rhaast?” Kayn reached forward and gently nudged his shoulder, “You okay?”

That felt present. 

As Kayn retracted his hand, Rhaast grabbed it midway. “You’re here,” he whispered in disbelief. 

“Yes, I’m am?” He replied with a confused grin. But he didn’t pull his hand away. Much to Rhaast’s surprise, Kayn’s fingers reflexively curled around his own, the touch sending warm tingles to his stomach. 

“Why are you here?”

Kayn raised an eyebrow and shifted his gaze to the floor. “Well if that’s referring to why I’m at the library specifically, then it’s cause I was working on a project with a friend.” He paused for a moment before he sighed and met Rhaast’s eyes again. “But if it’s more along the lines of ‘why are you here in front of me?’, well…..I…I couldn’t leave things the way I did, so I’m here to apologize.”

Apologize? 

“What for?” 

Even in the dim light, he didn’t miss the slight blush that rose onto Kayn’s face. He felt the hand he grasped tremble a bit, but he did not know if that meant Kayn wanted him to let go. 

“For....um….k-k-kissing you without your permission,” he stuttered, his face taking on an even more obvious red hue. “I shouldn’t have taken advantage of your feelings like that and I’m sorry.”

He was apologizing for that?

Rhaast let out an unexpected chuckled. He tried to suppress it, but it continued to bubble out of his chest despite his efforts. He didn’t understand why the Ionian felt the need to apologize for something that never bothered to cross his mind. He snuck a peek at Kayn, who looked helplessly confused at his response. The poor man shifted his gaze frantically around the room, unsure of what to do. 

Rhaast wasn’t laughing particularly loud, but some of the other students shot them angry SHHHs. It only made him chuckle louder. He tossed the book he was reading onto the table and stood up from his chair. Then led the very confused Kayn, who had yet to let go of his hand, outside the building. 

 

...

 

The sun had almost set when they stepped onto the common grounds. But it wasn’t late nor cold enough to deter students from loitering on the lawn. 

Rhaast had settled into a slow-paced stroll on the main road, heading nowhere in particular. They had rushed out of the library quite hastily, but Kayn hadn’t voiced any complaints so far. Neither of them spoke for a minute until the other man asked, “Why were you laughing?” There was no anger in his tone, just raw curiosity.  Rhaast stopped in his steps and turned to face him. “Because it amused me that you’d want to apologize for that.” He gave Kayn a small smile and asked, “Why would I be upset about receiving a kiss from someone I desire?”

He watched as the flustered Ionian struggled to come up with a response. He had to admit, it was quite the charming sight. His day hadn’t been great so far, but these last couple of minutes spent with Kayn seemed to have changed his mind. Even though the other man didn’t return his feelings, he was learning the joy of being in another’s company, which opposed the solitary image his family members seemed to have of him. 

After a minute of being flustered, Kayn recovered from his initial embarrassment and sighed. “You’re too smooth for your own good,” he said with a chuckle. “I really don’t understand what you see in someone like me.”

Rhaast began to answer, but Kayn cut him off. “Please don’t answer that. I have no doubt your reasons will turn me into another flustered mess. You’ve already seen more sides to me than I would like,” he added. 

He would never admit it, but Kayn’s words stung, much like the way his brother’s did. “Why does that bother you?” He enjoyed the many faces Kayn showed him, from embarrassed to lustful, and thought the other was comfortable around him. The Ionian’s colorful expressions contrasted with his own expressionless ones with the occasional smile. Whereas he came off as cold and disinterested, Kayn’s loud outbursts of emotion, whether it was joy or sadness, were foreign to him, yet fascinating to him. He almost envied him for having such an expressive personality. Maybe if he had been more like Kayn, then Aatrox and Varus’s opinions of him would be better. 

Kayn shifted nervously and pondered his question. “I...well…” he reached for a strand of his hair and twirled it around his finger, “It’s not you in particular, it’s just...people in general I guess. I rather people see the sides I choose to show rather than them stumbling on parts of me I want to...keep hidden.” He paused as a smile greeted his lips. “But you know, since I met you and we….talked, I’ve been trying to show more of myself to people important to me. You gave me some unexpected boost in self-confidence I never realized I lacked, so thank you for that.” 

His smile flooded Rhaast with an emotion he’d almost forgotten: joy. Kayn’s gratitude rang in his ears on repeat and he resisted the urge to caress the Ionian’s face. But along with the joy, jealousy has found its way in, tied with a pang of guilt. He was honored that he aided Kayn in this journey of self-discovery, but the desire to keep the man to himself pricked him. He didn’t want others to see the faces of Kayn he’d stumbled upon; he didn’t want to share the side of Kayn he’s grown fond of. 

He should have left his hopes at the manor because this pining was ridiculous. But he didn’t want to give up just yet, not when Kayn hadn’t let go of his hand. 

He slowly lifted his other hand and gave into the desire to caress Kayn’s radiant face. The other man stiffened, but he did not push him away, sparking a tiny bit of hope within Rhaast’s heart. The hand that held Kayn’s tightened a bit, and he observed the way realization dawned on Kayn’s face. “Your gratitude warms my heart in ways I cannot describe,” he began, “I’m happy for you, yet….I cannot help but feel envious. I know it’s selfish of me to want to keep you to myself, to want to become….someone you’d deem important.” He brushed his thumb across Kayn’s soft cheekbones and smiled wistfully. 

 

 

Kayn didn’t understand why Rhaast’s smile made his heart clench and sigh at the same time. The guy was still a walking underwear catalog even when he looked sad, which was totally unfair. The hands that held him were so warm and comfortable, and he resisted the urge to lean into the one cupping his cheek. He knew the proper thing to do was to pull away and stop giving off these mixed signals, but he didn’t want to. He had no response to Rhaast’s statement, but the Shuriman didn’t seem to be looking for one.

He wants to become someone important to me

Rhaast was the first to learn about his past. The first he could trust, for whatever reason, to listen to him. The first to truly understand him. 

“But you...already are,” he whispered slowly, gazing into the other’s wistful face. 

He watched as Rhaast’s eyes widened in surprise, but he stayed silent. 

Kayn opened his mouth to say something, anything to explain himself, to fill the silence. But only a stream of incoherent noise spewed out. 

“GET A ROOM PLEASE!”

Startled, he shook his hand free from Rhaast’s hold, who in turn dropped his hand from his face, and turned his attention to the laughing passersby who interrupted...whatever they were doing. Whatever atmosphere they had earlier was gone now, but it didn’t stop his heart from pounding so loudly in his chest. He could feel his cheeks as hot as ever, contrasting with the cool air now that the sun had officially gone down. 

The street light shone brightly in his face as he scanned the surroundings. There were still students out and about, but it was much less than before. He wondered how long he and Rhaast have been standing here, staring at each other like that. 

God that’s embarrassing. 

He felt the hot gaze of Rhaast boring down on him. Unable to meet his eyes, he cast his gaze to his hands, then mumbled, “So...um….it’s getting late. I should probably get going....” His stomach had been growling for a while now, and he hoped the other didn’t hear it. He took a peek at Rhaast’s expression and noticed the slight disappointment on the other man’s face. “But we can meet some other time and...um....talk some more?” He added quickly. Judging by Rhaast’s nod, his invitation seemed to help the other man’s mood, but he still looked a bit down. 

As guilty as that expression made him feel, Kayn didn’t have the courage to continue their conversation from before they were interrupted. Rhaast would probably ask him to explain what he meant earlier. But he didn’t have an answer for him, at least not at the moment. 

Rhaast was important to him, for a number of reasons he could explain, but also several he couldn’t put into words. The feelings behind them were muddled and complicated, but they called out to him in a way that made him feel safe. 

“May I at least walk you home?”

Kayn smiled at him.“Forever the gentleman it seems.”

 

 

Even though he kind of expected it, he hoped Rhaast wouldn’t turn to his usual silence during the walk. It wasn’t a very long walk, but he’ll be damned if they spent the entire 15 minutes together without uttering a single word. Even though it was better than the Shuriman trying to revive the conversation from earlier, he’d still prefer to chat about something. 

That’s selfish thinking. Let the guy have his peace after you interrupted it earlier. 

He still couldn’t believe, but was grateful, that Rhaast wasn’t upset about the kiss. He knew he tended to overdramatize scenarios in his head, but he was pretty sure kissing someone without their permission was a terrible thing to do. 

And quite possibly a crime depending on the context. 

This could have been a bigger deal than it was, but thankfully, the Rhaast was understanding. And also kind of hardcore crushing on him from the way it seems. He wondered if it was selfish of him to want to continue being friends with someone who felt that way towards him. But the person in question didn’t seem to mind. Or maybe he was too nice to say something. 

No, he definitely isn’t shy about voicing whatever comes to mind considering all his smooth compliments. 

Maybe he’d ask his friends for advice since he never had prior experience in stuff like this. All his past relations were either purely physical or fleeting. He couldn’t remember the last time he crushed on someone or asked a girl out. 

But thinking about this doesn’t solve the problem at hand: the silence that hung between them. 

He couldn’t come up with any meaningful topics worth discussing, so as much as it killed him to ask, he opened with, “So...how was your day?”

Sometimes I hate myself.

This time, Rhaast continued to walk while casting him a side glance. “I’ve been wondering about this for a while, but do you have some sort of aversion to silence?”

“Wow,” Kayn muttered, “I didn’t realize it was that obvious. But yeah, sorry if it’s kinda annoying.”

“No, it’s quite fine. I enjoy listening to you speak. It’s just not something I’m accustomed to.”

 Kayn smiled. 

Here was someone who appreciated his chatty mouth. Zed could never. 

“To answer your question,” Rhaast continued, “My day’s been fine. And you?”

“Mine was fine too. Thanks to Zed, I was actually productive today so maybe I’ll manage to finish the project on time.” He wondered if he would have been as productive if Syndra had decided to tag along as she usually did. Speaking of Syndra… “Hey I forgot to thank you for giving Syndra my clothes,” he said suddenly, “Guess I should be glad she went to class for once.” 

Rhaast snorted at the comment. “I do not believe she went to class. When I handed her the bag, we were both here at the library when we were supposed to be in class.” 

Kayn raised an eyebrow and grinned. “Oooo? Did I just hear you skipped class? That’s pretty ballsy for someone whose brother is the professor.”

By now, they reached his resident building. He didn’t want to head in just yet because it seemed like he was going to hear something interesting from the other man. He never took him for the type, but sometimes, even the most studious people needed a break. He pulled him over to a well-lit spot before they continued their conversation. 

“It was my first time skipping,” Rhaast admitted. Judging by the apparent smirk on his face, he didn’t seem too guilty about it either. “At the moment, I couldn’t be too bothered about how my brother sees me.” He muttered something else under his breath that Kayn couldn’t pick up. 

Even though he was smiling, the anger in his tone was unmistakable. It reminded him of the other day when Syndra briefly mentioned her family. A hint of worry crept into his heart when the memory of Rhaast’s brother barging into the room yesterday flashed into his mind. Just to make sure, he asked, “Is everything okay?” In the bright light, he saw Rhaast cock an eyebrow. “With your brother I mean.” He added, “I don’t mean to pry, but the other day when he...came in, he seemed kinda upset.” 

Rhaast peered at him for a moment. His smile had disappeared and his usual unreadable expression made an appearance. It made him feel a bit uneasy and wondered if he asked something he shouldn’t have.

“Yesterday,” he started, casting his eyes away from Kayn’s gaze, “We had an argument. I seldom argue with my brother, but he was out of line with the things he said and I—” Rhaast stopped himself and shook his head, “Either way, it doesn’t matter. I don’t plan on heading home tonight.”

That did not come out the direction Kayn expected. Now, he felt a bit guilty for prying since this seemed like a family affair. But even so, he and Rhaast were….friends of the sort, which justified the concern he felt. Which is why he found himself asking, “Where do you plan on staying?”

“The library,” Rhaast answered, without a single drop of hesitation like it was the most obvious answer a person could think of. 

Kayn, on the other hand, was horrified. “Are you insane?? Just cause they’re open 24/7 doesn’t make it a suitable place to sleep! Don’t you have any friends you can crash with for the night?” Immediately, he regretted his question. He almost forgot that Rhaast, as smooth as he came off, wasn’t the type to keep company. 

“It seems you’ve forgotten I have no one to call ‘my friend’,” he smirked. “Moreover, it’s none of your concern, so if we’re chatting, I’ll be on my way.” 

He started to leave, but Kayn grabbed his arm. “Stay with me then!” he blurted out. Excitement surged through him and shoved aside the potential regret that was about to nag at him. They were “friends”, but he was under no obligation to help him, especially since unfamiliar emotions arose whenever Rhaast was around him. But there was something compelling him to do so, and he didn’t want to ignore it. “I’ve said this a billion times, I’ll say it again: you can call me your friend, and as your friend, I should probably feel concerned.”

Rhaast made a face. “I would rather not impose—”

“Dude I’m literally the only thing standing in between sleeping safely and getting mugged at 3 am,” Kayn interrupted. He shot Rhaast a grin and pulled him towards the entrance. “And besides, I gotta show you the same hospitality you showed me when I was at your place.”

Rhaast looked like he wanted to protest some more, but he eventually shrugged his shoulders and gave in. 

Kayn did a silent cheer. He hoped this gave him the chance to get to know the Shuriman better since the man already knew a lot about him. Yasuo probably won’t say no, but he pulled out his phone and texted him just in case.

 

 

When they reached his floor, his roommate still hadn’t responded. It was only 7:30, so he couldn’t have gone to bed yet.

Maybe he went out?

With Rhaast following closely behind, they made their way down the hall, then in front of his room. To his surprise, the door was slightly ajar and he heard loud humming from inside. 

Rhaast stood in the hall as Kayn pushed the door open and called out, “Yas?”, then stepped inside. 

The first thing he noticed was his roommate’s side of the room was unusually clean. Their third roommate, also known as Yasuo’s dirty laundry, was nowhere to be found and the other’s desk was tidied up, and freed from paper. Yasuo himself shuffled around the room and tossed items into a duffle bag while bobbing his head to music that blasted loudly from his headphones. He twirled around and upon noticing Kayn, paused his packing, and slipped his headphones around his neck. “Oh, you’re back?”

Kayn gestured to the bag with an eyebrow raised. “Heading somewhere? Also, did you get my text?” It wasn’t unusual for his roommate to spontaneously pack up and leave for a few days, but he usually let Kayn know a few days in advance before heading out. The Ionian traveled throughout Runeterra to attend concerts, festivals, raves, etc. To be honest, the man probably cared more about his music than his actual studies. 

Yasuo shook his head and replied, “Zaun’s hosting a music festival on Saturday, but I gotta get there early to camp out,” he tossed another set of clothes into his bag before adding, “Did you need something?”

Kayn poked his head back into the hallway and motioned for Rhaast to come in. He turned back to Yasuo and asked, “This is Rhaast. He needs a place to crash for the night. Would you mind letting him stay?”

Yasuo nodded his head at the Shuriman and shrugged. “Not an issue for me. I’ll be heading out in a few minutes anyway, so the place is yours till I get back.” 

Rhaast muttered thanks and then proceeded to stand awkwardly beside the door. While he did that, Kayn slipped off his shoes and dumped his bag on the ground. He then dropped onto his bed with a tired sigh. He pulled out his phone and noticed a text from Syndra. It consisted of a smug emoji along with an eggplant and the okay hand symbol. 

One of these days, he was going to kill Zed. 

He chuckled to himself but didn’t reply because that would only add fuel to the fire. She’d probably bug him about it tomorrow so might as well save him the trouble. 

“Alright, I’m out.” 

He looked up from his screen to see his roommate standing at the entrance with his bags strapped over his shoulders. He saluted and said, “Bring back some souvenirs please.”

Yasuo shot him a thumbs up, nodded to Rhaast, then walked into the hallway and shut the door behind him. 

Then there was silence, which was interrupted by the low grumble of Kayn’s stomach. 

Laughing, he looked at Rhaast, who was still standing in the middle of the room and said, “Well, I guess it’s just you and me.” He opened his arms, gesturing to the room, and added, “Your bathroom is probably bigger than this, but it’ll have to do.”

Rhaast nodded in agreement, just as his stomach started to grumble.

Kayn shot him a smirk. He reached over to open one of his nightstand drawers and took out two packets of instant noodles. “It’s a bit of a hassle to head to the cafeteria, so I hope this is okay with you.”

Rhaast shrugged. “It’s not something I’ve eaten before. I’m also not in a position to complain.” 

Kayn pulled out his electric kettle along with two bottles of water from under his bed. While he set up his items on his desk, he shot Rhaast an astonished look. “Seriously?” He poured the water into the pitcher and watched it hum to life when he plugged it in. “Life of a rich kid I guess.” 

Rhaast didn’t respond and took the opportunity to observe the room. He took off his shoes, a gesture that he did not miss, before coming to stand beside Kayn. “Thank you again for letting me stay,” he thanked softly as he watched the steam rise out of the kettle. 

Kayn responded by waving it off. “Like I said before, it’s not a big deal. You’re just gonna have to live like a peasant for a day though,” he joked, “Shared bathrooms, noisy neighbors, and the whole nine yard.” 

The corners of Rhaast’s mouth twitched, but he stayed silent and continued to watch the steam rise. 

The silence between them wasn’t uncomfortable, but Kayn still felt the urge to talk. This was a pretty big leap he took, letting Rhaast stay here. Their relationship was still very undefined, even though he was insistent on the title of friends. It was less complicated, even though they didn’t feel like friends. But he couldn’t tell if they were more or less. 

Still, he wanted to know more about the other man. All this time, it feels like they’ve only talked about him. While it helped him learn more about himself, it left the Shuriman shrouded in mystery. 

Maybe I’ll learn more since he’s here. 

“Hey Rhaast?” 

The Shuriman turned to look at him with an unreadable expression. 

“Have you ever been to Ionia?”

The other man’s face twisted into something along the lines of curiosity. “Why do you ask?” He replied. His tone wasn’t defensive, but it seemed like he was caught off guard by the question. 

“No reason in particular. I just noticed you took off your shoes before walking around, which is basically an unspoken rule in Ionia. Appreciate that by the way,” he added. There were probably other cultures that did the same, but he only knew of his own. It might have been a stretch, but it would be nice to have something in common with the other man besides their shared love for history. 

Rhaast waited a bit before he answered, “I spent some time in Navori during my youth.” 

Kayn was surprised. Rhaast didn’t mention this the other day when they discussed their backgrounds. He didn’t seem like he wanted to elaborate, even though Kayn desperately wanted to.

It might be a sore subject, so don’t press. 

Much to his relief, the kettle beeped, signaling the water was ready. He unwrapped the packets of noodles and poured the boiling water into their respective bowls.

Rhaast observed the entire process with interest. Kayn suppressed a chuckle, which was difficult considering the man looked like a child watching a movie for the first time. 

When the three minutes were up, he handed Rhaast a disposable fork he stole from Yasuo and took out his respective chopsticks. “And that’s how it’s done my friend,” he displayed proudly, “A poor college student’s guide to breakfast, lunch, dinner, 1 am snack, basically whenever I get hungry.” 

Rhaast chuckled softly and unwrapped his fork. He lifted his bowl, scooped up a forkful of noodles and shoved it in his mouth. 

Kayn watched his eyes widen in surprise and laughed. He grabbed his own bowl, the smell making his stomach grumble loudly, and dug in. 

 

 

It was almost 8:00 when Kayn checked his phone again. After eating, he and Rhaast settled into this comfortable silence, something he begrudgingly went along with because it didn’t seem like the other man was up for chatting. 

The Shuriman had settled onto the floor where he sat and read a book Kayn lent him. He had tried to get him to sit on his bed, but Rhaast protested and said he didn’t want to sit on his bed with soiled clothes. 

Even in his own room, he was being out-hosted. 

Kayn sighed. He had turned on his laptop and attempted to continue his project, but his mind kept wandering, especially in the direction of his guest. In the past 5 minutes, he’s only been able to write two lines of code. It was like Rhaast’s very presence was a distraction, but he didn’t seem to mind it considering he wasn’t trying his hardest to focus. His gaze kept alternating between his laptop screen to the man who leaned against his bed, who thankfully very absorbed in the novel that he didn’t notice Kayn sneaking glances at him. 

“Is there a reason you keep staring at me?” 

Maybe not as oblivious as I thought. 

He flushed slightly at being caught and shook his head. He saw Rhaast tear his attention away from his page to smirk at him. 

Before he could make some flirtatious comment, Kayn interjected and said, “I was just about to mention you should probably hit the showers before people start hogging the bathrooms.” 

Rhaast snapped the book shut and sighed. “I’d love to, but I don’t have any clothing nor a towel.”

Shit. 

Maybe he didn’t think this through enough. 

“Uh…” Kayn got up from his desk to search his drawers. He had a spare towel, but his clothes probably wouldn’t fit Rhaast. It didn’t stop him from digging through his drawers just in case. 

While he actively searched, Rhaast mentioned, “If I recall, I lent you my clothing the other day. I don’t have an issue with me wearing that.” 

Kayn grimaced. “Bro, there’s no way I’m letting you wear dirty clothes.” His hand landed on a pair of black sweatpants he bought a few months ago. The price was too good to resist, so he ignored the size and hoped for the best. Turns out, they sagged every time he took a step. He didn’t bother returning them since they were final sale, and glad he didn’t give it away since they might come in handy now. He turned around and tossed the pair to Rhaast. “Try these,” he ordered, then attempted to find a shirt. The biggest one he found was an old gym shirt that seemed it’d be a tight fit, but he tossed it to Rhaast anyway.

Rhaast rubbed his fingers over the fabric and frowned. He looked like he wanted to protest, but Kayn glared at him playfully. “It’s better than nothing,” he scolded and tossed a towel to the other man, then stood up and stretched. In the back of his mind, he could swear there was something he was forgetting…

Top. Check.

Pants. Check.

Pants…

He tugged on his hair nervously before stating, “Uh...I hope you don’t mind sleeping commando cause...um...you know…” he couldn’t help but blush at the thought. He could make the other clothes work but definitely could not count on his underwear to fit. Even if it did, that was a whole new level of weird he didn’t want to think about. 

He heard Rhaast snort, which did nothing to help his embarrassment. The other man stood up and walked towards him. “It’s not an issue,” he replied with a smirk, “In case you were wondering, I regularly sleep without undergarments.” Kayn opened his mouth to say something, but he was too flustered. There was some kind of intent behind Rhaast’s words, but he couldn’t put his finger on what it was. 

Rhaast, seemingly satisfied with Kayn’s reaction, added, “Mind showing me to the bathrooms?” 

Kayn nodded. He grabbed his keys and decided to wait for Rhaast to finish so he could show him back to the room. They made their way out into the hallway and towards the showers.

 

 

Kayn let out a sneeze as he dried his damp hair. Earlier, he had given Rhaast the keys to his dorm for him to head back first while he finished his shower. By now, the dorm’s residents had started to pour in, so he quickly finished with his hair, brushed his teeth so he didn’t have to come back later, and made his way back to his room. 

He opened the door to his room and almost did a double-take when his eyes landed on a very shirtless Rhaast sitting on his bed. He forced himself not to stare as he shut the door and dumped his dirty clothes in the corner. 

Rhaast looked up from his book when he heard Kayn come in. Kayn settled in his desk chair and tried to avoid staring at the toned pecs that sat in front of him. “So...I’m guessing the shirt didn’t fit?”

“It was a bit tight, but no matter. I sleep without a shirt most days.”

Kayn nodded awkwardly. The pants seemed to fit, but even he could tell they were a little tight. Rhaast’s toned legs seemed as if they were about to burst the seams any minute. He could even see the outline of his—

“Okay that’s enough,” he announced, mildly embarrassed “I’m gonna head to sleep.” He didn’t know why his mind wandered in that direction, but he was probably just tired and needed some sleep.

He got up and checked his phone, to which the time read 9:02. It was way earlier than the time he usually slept, but the day wore him out in more ways than one. He double-checked his alarms, then dropped his phone onto the nightstand. By now, he realized that they didn’t discuss the sleeping arrangements either, but he settled for the floor. There was always the option of sleeping in Yasuo’s bed, but he couldn’t recall the last time that guy washed his sheets.

“What are you doing?”

As he grabbed Yasuo’s pillows and blanket, he shot Rhaast a puzzled look. “Going to sleep?” He answered and dumped his roommate's blanket on the floor. 

“Why not sleep in your own bed?”

“Cause I’m not a terrible host? Plus you’re the one having a bad day, so it’s the least I could do.”

Rhaast frowned. “I’m the one imposing on you, so really, it should be me who sleeps on the floor.” Before Kayn could counter, he asked, “Why don’t we share it?” 

Kayn opened his mouth to protest, but he couldn’t think of a reasonable objection to give other than his bed being tiny. It’s not like they haven’t shared a bed before, but sober him was reluctant to be so close to the other man without having some strange feelings bloom in his chest. 

“If you have no reasons to object, then come on.”

He’s right. It’s not a big deal. It’s just like sharing a bed with Zed or Syndra, between friends. 

Kayn sighed and let his protest die down. He was making a bigger deal of this than he needed. 

It was just one night anyway. 

He turned off the light to the room before making his way into his bed.

Rhaast had already lied down with his back facing him. Kayn crawled in beside him and fixed the blanket before he got comfortable. There was a moment of silence between them before he called out “good night.”

“Good night, Kayn.”

Kayn smiled and shifted onto his side. It’s been a while since he’s shared a bed with someone like this. Even though their backs face each other, he felt the heat radiate from the other man’s body. In the darkness of the room, he knew if he moved even the slightest, their bodies would touch. The thought of Rhaast’s bare skin touching his own made him shiver and he pulled the blanket closer to him, thankful the other man couldn’t see his embarrassed face. In no time, he felt the slow rise and fall of Rhaast’s chest, which gently lulled him into sleep. 




Notes:

Hmm....I wonder what will happen tomorrow morning

But anyway, I'm late again but Happy New Year y'all. And on a side note, the Ruined King has no right to be that attractive. smh