Actions

Work Header

Just Friends.. Huh?

Chapter 7: Sleepy Cat

Chapter Text

Aside from the fact she's cold to the bone due to the recent akuma attack, Marinette considers today to not actually be a bad day. She knows how to skate (moderately), she had fun with Luka, she saw nothing going on between Kagami and Adrien.. Also, she's extremely confident that Kagami is a love rival.

 

Oh and the ice rink is staying in business! Really important considering she wants to get better at ice skating.

 

"You should probably go over and talk to him." Luka advised. She was recently talking to Philippe on the time schedules before talking to Luka about... Something? She can't recall anymore when she caught a glimpse of Kagami kissing Adrien on the cheek.

"Huh?" Marinette quickly looked away from Adrien to face him. Luka raised an eyebrow and she flushed, "I uh.."

"You don't have to explain." Luka smiled and Marinette fidgets at his gaze. Was it that obvious?

 

"Y-you got it all wrong I uhh.." Marinette rubbed her eyes, scanning her environment first. "I was staring at Ad- Ad color cars. It's shiny!"

"Right.." Luka agreed to change the topic, taking a tentative step closer to her area. It's really nice of Luka to give her his jacket by the way. "Anyways, thanks for inviting me out today. I had fun."

"M-me too. Thanks for coming with me, Luka." Marinette looked back at the musician. She paused as she rest her neck on the added jacket layer, adding. "I'll give your jacket to Juleka tomorrow. Sorry about that.."

"Don't worry. You can keep it. I have extras." Luka admitted and Marinette smiled.  Luka took a tentative step forward, "Let's take the subway together, Marinette. You must be exhausted."

 

"I'm p-peachy." Marinette shifts her posture, wincing from the pain. She and Luka did get here through the subway. It's really best if she went with him and not get lost. Also, she can fall asleep and not miss the stop if she's with someone. Luka would carry her right? Just in case...? She just wants to head back and sleep for a full day. Her muscles are aching from the falls she did as Lady Noire...

 

"Marinette." Speak of the kwami verse. Marinette turned to the voice and was surprised to see Adrien there. Adrien asked, scratching the back of his neck. "Do you need a ride?"

"I uh..." Marinette looked back at Luka then at Adrien. Since bad luck hasn't happened to her yet, it would be best to go to Adrien and save Luka. But then, Luka offered first... Marinette looked at Luka. "You don't mind, do you?"

"I don't." Luka answered tersely as he stared at Adrien. Before she could figure it out, Adrien grabbed her hand so they began walking away.

 

"Adrien?" Marinette looked at Adrien. Her friend/crush looks worried. She looks back at Luka's area. He waved at her, giving that smile(?) Marinette waved back, smiling. "Bye Luka!"

 

"Adrien." Marinette then focused on Adrien again, curious why he offered a ride out of the blue. "Hey. I thought you're going to bring Kagami back home?"

"Her chauffeur came to fetch her." Adrien admitted, opening the car and offering her to come in first. "Ladies first."

"Really? I guess her mom likes you then." Marinette entered the car, waving when the Gorilla looked at her through the mirror. "Hi."

"..." The Gorilla raised his hand and waved back. Marinette grinned, happy he still remembers her.

 

"I'm sorry about Kagami. She tends to be pretty blunt." Adrien apologized, closing the door behind him. The car starts moving, first heading to Marinette's place.

"It's fine. We all had fun, didn't we? Though... Why didn't you offer Luka a ride?" Marinette yawned, crossing her arms and snugging at a corner. She's too tired for this. 'This car is also cozy. The last time I was here, the Gorilla gave me a free ride. I like free rides. Why didn't Papa buy a car again?'

"I did but he refused." Adrien supplied, watching the bluenette curl up at the left corner.

 

Who knows? Maybe this is all a fever dream and Luka's bringing her bridal style- That's another fever dream altogether. Luka has warm hugs.

 

...

..

.

 

"Marinette...?" Adrien called out.

"Marinette?" Adrien waved his hand in front of the bluenette.

 

ZzzzzzzZzzzzZZZZzzzzZZZZzz

 

"You must be so tired." Adrien sighed, brushing her bangs to feel her forehead. He grimaced, placing a hand over her neck. She's unnaturally cold unlike Philippe and Kagami. Miraculous cure should've fixed the temperature by now, but Marinette is still so cold.

"I'm glad you're safe." Adrien murmured, placing his jacket to warm her up as well. Even Luka knew Marinette needed help faster than him. Whether or not Marinette is Lady Noire, Adrien wants to make sure his friend is safe and sound. God she's still so cold.

 

"..." Marinette scoots to cuddle against him, nuzzling close.

"Not a word." Adrien warned, wrapping his arms around his cold classmate.

 

"..." The Gorilla looks away, but he changed the music to something romantic.

"Really?" Adrien sighed and he swore he heard Tikki laughing in his bag.

Notes:

I find this to be the ideal opportunity to introduce weaknesses.

Series this work belongs to: