Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of We are Stray Kids
Collections:
❀리아❀'s library
Stats:
Published:
2020-09-27
Completed:
2021-11-05
Words:
431,019
Chapters:
98/98
Comments:
227
Kudos:
334
Bookmarks:
67
Hits:
21,769

We are Stray Kids

Chapter 69: Moral compass

Summary:

Seungmin has some issues to sort out and Minho tells Jisung why he doesn’t get along with Taehyung.

Chapter Text

Shortly after leaving the little meeting room, Seungmin had taken out his phone to text Wonpil that they should return home now. The redhead walked in a slower pace, so he wasn’t running into other people or things while he typed. The lead to Chan and Byungho walking a bit ahead while Changbin, Hyunjin and Seungmin fell back a little.

After sending the text he wrote, Wonpil’s reply came almost instantly, which wasn’t that unusual for the older demon. Wonpil suggested in his text that they should meet in the lobby, to which Seungmin agreed in a short message.

“Who are you texting with?”, Hyunjin, who walked beside Seungmin, asked, making the redhead look up from his phone and towards the siren. When the young demon saw the light and polite smile on Hyunjin’s lips a bit of guilt let his chest feel heavy. He knew Hyunjin had realized something when he had told everyone of Stray Kids how he had know about Jisung being in some way special to Zendala long before he and Changbin figured out the blue-haired warlock was Zendala’s son. He knew that because even though Hyunjin tried to pretend there was nothing wrong, his eyes glimmered with a certain worry, fear and unanswered questions.

“Seungmin?”, Hyunjin called the redhead’s name quietly, looking quite confused. Seungmin quickly shook his head, realizing that he had been lost in thought and therefore just stared at Hyunjin without answering.

“I texted Wonpil-hyung. We’re meeting him in the lobby”, Seungmin finally answered the question, avoiding to look at Hyunjin to cover up the embarrassment that he felt creeping up his cheeks. He should have noticed how he had stared at Hyunjin and avoided it.

“Will you be picked up or go home alone?”, the siren carefully asked, like he wasn’t sure if he was allowed to ask that. At first, Seungmin was kind of confused until he realized that Hyunjin had probably no clue about his family structure. He was only aware of the fact that Byungho’s mother recently died and so did Athea, Woosu’s mother, but he had no clue who Woosu was, since Seungmin never really mentioned him in Hyunjin’s presence.

At that point Seungmin wholeheartedly understood why Hyunjin asked so carefully, because he was probably very confused but didn’t want to accidentally bring up a topic that was sensitive. On the other hand the redhead felt his chest get even heavier. Just how many people did truly know everything about him?

The redhead willed those thoughts down and reminded himself to stay in the present and to not let his thoughts wander. He had to be focused, for the sake of being useful.

“I will have to call my father once we are in the lobby. Then we will be picked up by him”, Seungmin answered, after the short pause. He wasn’t being really direct, but the details were really unnecessary to mention. Hyunjin nodded, signaling that he understood and didn’t continue asking.

Seungmin just felt weird while they quietly walked to the lobby. The little voice in the young demon’s head spoke up once more and told him that the awkwardness surrounding them was his fault, but he also couldn’t think of a way to make things different. He would have to live with it.

In the lobby they met Wonpil, who wasn’t there alone. Lucifer stood already beside his oldest son. Wonpil had probably called him here after he texted with Seungmin. The devil had his horns and devil’s tail hidden just like when he brought his sons to the NCT. A grin made its way onto Lucifer’s lips when he saw his two other sons and their friends.

Seeing his father grin made Seungmin realize something he should have earlier. Neither Chan nor Changbin nor Hyunjin had ever seen Lucifer. They didn’t know his name or that he was the devil himself.

“I didn’t know you two had such thoughtful friends”, Lucifer casually complimented, seemingly being very pleased with the current situation. Seungmin on the other hand was internally panicking. He had seen how his friends reacted when he hid things from them, no matter his intentions. There was no way he ever wanted them to know who his father really was.

“It’s nice to meet you, Mr. Kim”, Chan politely greeted Lucifer. The wolf hybrid had a polite smile on his lips, which the devil mirrored. “The pleasure is all mine”, Lucifer replied just as polite as Chan before his gaze shifted towards Seungmin, Hyunjin and Changbin. It was a simple, harmless gesture but enough to kind of set the redhead off.

“We should go now”, Seungmin said and walked over to Wonpil in quick steps. The young redhead felt how his hands began to tremble lightly but he tried to not let anyone notice by folding his hands behind his back while his gaze remained on his father and his friends.

“Seungmin is right. After all, you still need to relocated the house, father”, Wonpil politely added. Seungmin glanced at his older brother for a short moment and internally thanked the older for having his back.

Lucifer looked at his two demonic sons. Amusement was written all over his face and his signature grin showed itself again. It was a cocky grin, which made Seungmin seriously think about punching the devil in the face.

“As you wish”, the devil mused while his grin remained on his face. Byungho joined his brothers after saying a quick goodbye to Chan. The wolf hybrid seemed to be pretty okay with this whole situation, which made Seungmin almost wonder why but then the redhead’s gaze automatically shifted and landed on Hyunjin and Changbin. Hyunjin was standing properly but Seungmin saw how he nervously played with his fingers. Changbin, on the other hand, was lightly but restlessly shifting his weigh from one foot to the other and back.

It was awkward to say the least. They probably felt a bit uncomfortable too. Not to mention how they probably began to question how much they truly knew about Seungmin. Again, the redhead shushed those thoughts and reminded himself to focus.

“See you tomorrow”, Seungmin bid his goodbye shortly before Lucifer teleported them back to the Kim mansion. When the redhead saw the familiar walls of the entrance hall he could have sworn that he still heard a kind of echo from Changbin calling his name, but he brushed it off. There was just no reason for the vampire to call after him. Seungmin released a breath he didn’t know he was holding and was just glad he was home after such an eventful day.

“Well home sweet home”, Lucifer mused while his horns and devil’s tail reappeared. The black horns matched his raven hair and dark eyes perfectly as always. Lucifer turned and looked over to his three sons with his usual grin on his face.

“I will relocate the mansion now. You probably won’t notice it, so just go to your rooms and rest a little”, he said before walking towards the door, which lead to the garden, but before he properly reached it he halted. He turned around once more, having lost his grinning face already.

“Woosu wanted to talk to you by the way, so maybe pay him a visit before you are off to dreamland”, the devil added, showing a little smile before he resumed to walking to the garden. Seungmin looked after his father, but he didn’t really register when the devil opened the door and felt the entrance hall. It was like everything was slowly becoming colorless while blurring together. He wasn’t even sure if he had heard the door click shut. Everything was just slowly becoming dull and soundless.

“Everything alright?”, Wonpil asked and laid his hand on his younger brother’s shoulder. Seungmin just nodded as an answer, not even turning his head towards his older brother. A tiredness began to slowly get hold of his body, which let even talking seem exhausting. Overall Seungmin had the feeling to slowly go blind, not because his vision became worse or anything, no, he felt like he didn’t notice what was happening around him. He couldn’t tell what the others were doing and how they were reacting. He just couldn’t read them at all.

“Seungmin?”, the redhead barely registered Byungho’s voice, but still automatically hummed as a response. He couldn’t tell if Byungho sounded worried, because everything around him seemed to begin floating around him aimlessly.

Everything the redhead saw, everything he heard, everything he could feel and smell just swirled around him without order, but despite this chaos Seungmin couldn’t feel a single emotion. The guilt and anxiety he had felt just minutes prior was just gone, but the worst thing was that the redhead couldn’t hear himself think. His brain was seemingly shut down and the moment that occurred to him the blackness engulfed him, taking everything he was still able to register from him.

——————————

Minho let the door behind him and Jisung fall shut after they had entered. Jisung let himself fall backwards onto Minho’s lower bunk bed in an instant and just stared up without saying anything. Without thinking too much, the cat hybrid walked over to his mate and let himself on top of the warlock.

“What the hell”, Jisung cursed breathless and tried to weakly push Minho off him, but gave up after just one unfruitful try. Despite having his face buried in the mattress beside Jisung’s head, Minho could tell that the warlock went from having a pained look on his face to just being a bit more relaxed than in the meeting room.

The cat hybrid could feel how the warlock put his arms around him and let out a little sigh. They silently stayed in their position for a while before Minho propped himself up on his elbows, so he could look at his boyfriend’s face.

When Minho saw Jisung’s sky blue eyes that shimmered in the dim light of the room, a part of him just erased the memory of Seungmin and Changbin saying that Jisung was Zendala’s son. There was just no way this adorable and beautiful boy was related to a psychotic witch.

“What are you looking at?”, Jisung asked cheekily while having a little grin on his face. “My beautiful mate and boyfriend”, Minho answered without wasting one single thought on his answer. He meant what he said, so he didn’t need to ponder over it.

The little grin slowly disappeared from Jisung’s face, but the warlock’s sky blue eyes kept on looking deep into Minho’s dark brown orbs. The cat hybrid just returned the look and noticed that even though Jisung seemed to have brushed the thing with Zendala off and therefore wasn’t affected by it he still felt hurt. But who wouldn’t if they found out that their mother was a psychotic witch?

Minho let his face get closer to Jisung’s and gave the warlock a short peck on the lips. He wanted to show Jisung that he shouldn’t care about his biological mother. The older didn’t either despite having a good reason. For him Zendala wasn’t the young warlock’s mother or even related to him. She was just someone that should be stopped for the sake of the world.

Jisung’s eyes got a bit watery, making Minho hope that Jisung really understood what he wanted to show him without saying one word. The warlock let his arms drop from Minho’s back, so he could put one hand behind the cat hybrid’s neck to pull him into a proper kiss.

As soon as Minho’s lips touched Jisung’s, the cat hybrid closed his eyes, melting into the kiss. He would never fully get used to fuzzy and warm feeling in his stomach whenever he kissed the blue-haired warlock.

The kiss didn’t last very long because they both were quite tired from today’s events. After they separated Minho pecked Jisung’s lips once more before he rolled off the other and laid down beside him.

Almost immediately did Jisung cuddle up to the cat hybrid and laid his head onto the older’s chest. Minho couldn’t hide the small smile that formed on his lips and put his arms around Jisung’s shoulders.

Despite everything happening around them, Minho let himself enjoy this moment where he could just hold his mate and not think about anything else. The cat hybrid let his eyes fall close and relaxed for the time being.

“Hyung?”, Jisung quietly called the other. Minho hummed as a response, leaving his eyes closed. “Is it really okay for you if I’m working with another group on the rescue mission?”, the warlock mumbled and shifted his head a bit.

The cat hybrid slowly opened his eyes, looking at the upper bunk bed. He didn’t know if he was okay with it or not, but he was the last person to complain about it. After all, he was well aware of the fact that it wasn’t just a coincidence that Jisung would have to work with BTS on the rescue mission. There was a reason behind it and if it was only the fact that Jisung was a magical creature, which could learn to create portals.

“I have to be okay with it. I don’t want to hijack the plans for the mission just because I don’t get along with someone”, Minho sighed and shifted his gaze so it laid on Jisung, who was already looking up at him. The cat hybrid knew what Jisung’s next question would be and he also knew that he couldn’t hide it any longer. At one point Minho had to tell the younger why he didn’t get along with Taehyung.

“Want to tell me now why you dislike Kim Taehyung so much?”, the warlock asked quietly. Minho sighed once more and looked back onto the upper bunk bed. He hated it when he was right and wished he didn’t have to tell the other one way or another.

“Taehyung and I used to be very close friends when we were younger. He is older than me by five years but since we grew up in the same clan that didn’t stop us from playing together all day. Felix played with us a lot too. Taehyung’s family consisted of tiger hybrids that could shift, just like Chan. It made them pretty strong by nature. That was probably the reason why Taehyung’s parents became the leader of the Sky Clan when I was nine”, Minho began explaining. Jisung quietly looked at him, listening to the other attentively. Even if the cat hybrid couldn’t see the warlock’s attentive gaze, he felt like the other was giving him 100 percent of his attention.

“Taehyung’s parents were pretty respected and so was Taehyung, but not only because he would be the leader in the future, no, he is also a white tiger hybrid, which is rare. I trained and played with Taehyung like we did before his parents became the leaders of the Sky Clan, but that lasted only four years”, the cat hybrid continued and let a sigh escape him. Remembering all of this made him want to go back to the days he spend goofing around with Taehyung and Felix, but now he would also want to have Jisung there by his side.

Even with Jisung resting on his chest, Minho felt a certain uneasiness crept up his body when he thought about the next part of the story. It was the part where everything went to hell at the Sky Clan and with it his friendship with Taehyung.

“Taehyung’s mother was killed when I was thirteen and Taehyung eighteen years old. It had been rumored that it was Taehyung’s father, but there was no proof. My parents had their suspicions and began to investigate this case. Because of that Taehyung’s father began to greatly dislike me and Felix, which was why we weren’t allowed to play with Taehyung anymore. Of course, we still spend time together behind our parents’ backs but over time my parents found more and more clues that proved their theories about Taehyung’s father being the killer”, Minho went on with the story. He shifted his gaze back to Jisung, who looked at him with sympathy and a bit of sadness in his eyes but he still said nothing, he was just listening.

Minho felt a bit warmer just looking at his mate. It gave him a certain amount of reassurance and made him feel a bit better about going on.

“I believed my parents since I witness how they found each clue but Taehyung didn’t. He thought wholeheartedly that his father was completely innocent. I tried to talk to him multiple times but in the end he always got angry at me, which brought a certain distance between us. It took my parents three years to find solid proof against Taehyung’s father. They talked to the older members of the clan in secret meetings about how to deal with this problem for another year and in the end they banned the whole Kim family despite my parents’ protest”, Minho sighed, bringing up one hand to rub his tired eyes. He hated this part of the whole story the most, because it had been very stressful at home at the time. Still, the next part was the one he really wasn’t proud of.

“Shortly before the whole Kim family was banned officially. I had an heated argument with Taehyung at the clan’s school, because he still believed in his father’s innocence despite everything my parents found out. We were on opposite sides and in the end I punched him, because Taehyung accused my parents of just wanting his family out of the way. It got downhill from there and we had a fight, which got Taehyung expelled from the school despite having to leave anyway. My parents then decided to send Felix and me to another school and to permanently move us to Yellow Wood. That’s basically how we ended up at Miroh High”, the cat hybrid ended and let his hand just fall to his side. He looked up once again.

Minho felt that Jisung changed his position a bit and unconsciously looked at warlock, who had gently laid his right hand over the cat hybrid’s heart. For a moment Jisung’s gaze rested on his hand and then he looked up to meet Minho’s gaze. The cat hybrid was once again mesmerized by the beautiful sky blue eyes, which were seemingly staring directly into his brown orbs.

“Thanks for trusting me”, the warlock simply said, surprising the cat hybrid quite a bit with his sincerity but it sounded kind of formal. Minho couldn’t help but grin in light amusement after his boyfriend’s statement.

“Well that sounded kind of stuck up”, the older teased, making the warlock lightly hit him and then hide his face in the cat hybrid’s chest. This alone made the whole thing even funnier for Minho, because it kind of proved that Jisung did realize how weird his statement sounded.

“I didn’t know what else to say”, Jisung whined into the older’s chest, making Minho chuckle a bit. Jisung was effortlessly cute. The cat hybrid planted a little kiss on the other’s hairline, silently thanking the other for his sincerity and for listening to the whole story. Jisung grumbled a bit and just relaxed. The warlock let his head comfortably rest on the older’s chest once again.

“Saying nothing is fine too”, that cat hybrid breathed out, closing his eyes. He kind of felt better now that he told Jisung what was up with him, Felix and Taehyung. Maybe it was because he had never really told this story to anyone before, since there never was a need for it. On the other hand, it could also be because it was Jisung, the person Minho wished would someday know him inside and out.

“I kind of mean it though”, Jisung mumbled after a short silence. “I’m glad you trusted me enough to tell me this, since it kind of is a bit deal for you, right?”, the warlock continued. Minho lightly smiled at the pureness of his boyfriend and gently traced imaginary patterns on Jisung’s back.

“I never told it to anyone”, the cat hybrid answered. Jisung froze for a short moment, which made Minho lightly laugh. Who should he have told this? The whole Sky Clan knew the story more or less and the only friends Minho had at Miroh High were the members of Stray Kids.

“Alright I will just shut up now”, Jisung mumbled more to himself than to Minho, making the cat hybrid chuckle. The older just held the warlock a bit closer and let himself slowly drift off to dreamland until he heard someone at the door.

He relaxed as soon as he recognized the noise as Jeongin’s and Felix’s footsteps. At that moment he didn’t question why the two entered the room together.

———————————

Seungmin desperately tried to rip his eyes open, to escape the darkness that was surrounding him, to wake up from this nightmare of hearing, seeing, smelling and feeling nothing. He wasn’t able to move, he had no clue where he was and the worst things was that he felt trapped without knowing how or why.

Once again Seungmin tried to grip something or get his eyes to open but it was useless. What was even wrong with him, why had he this feeling of powerlessness? It couldn’t be because of Jisung’s bad reaction to Seungmin’s little reveal, right? Why would that be the reason? He knew the warlock had just been overreacting in the moment since he had already been stressed? But what if that was a wrong interpretation? Maybe Seungmin had read him wrong, maybe he was wrong about his best friend in general.

“By everything good. Stop. Stop thinking”, Seungmin yelled at himself. Jisung was his best friend for years; they had been through enough together to know each other. On the other hand Seungmin was the one who had kept his real species a secret form Jisung for years. The redhead had hidden his family from the warlock and so many other small things he couldn’t even count them. What made him think that Jisung wasn’t hiding anything from him? But then why would he react so hurt?

“Nononono. Just stop thinking about this”, Seungmin tried to just think nothing but he couldn’t. He had to always think everything through, so he could keep the ones he loved safe, but save from what? Why did Seungmin have the feeling he needed to always have a solution for everything?

Seungmin wanted to take a breath to calm himself down, but there seemingly was no more air around him. Automatically the redhead tried to take another breath but the air was just sucked out of his lungs.

“Wake up you idiot. This isn’t real, it can’t be”, the demon tried to reassure himself. It had to be a dream what was happening to him. There was no way this was happening to him in reality. It was all just imaginary and even if it wasn’t someone would have tried to save him or would they?

Suddenly Seungmin got hold of something underneath his hand. He couldn’t say what it was or describe how it felt but something was there. He tried to take a breath again even though he was sure his lungs were about to implode. Luckily the air around him was finally back. He sucked in the air, gripped tightly onto the thing under his hand and once again tried to forcefully rip himself out of whatever he was in.

The redhead ripped his eyes open and sat up instantly, breathing heavily. His eyes slowly focused on the thing in front of him, which was the wall of his room. Slowly he could feel his own body again or to be more specific the shirt and sweatpants that were uncomfortable sticking to his body. He could feel himself breathing hastily and the sweat that dripped off his face.

Seungmin slowly looked down to his lap and raised his hand, which was shaking a little. He still had no clue what had happened to him. He blinked a few times when he noticed his vision getting a bit blurry again.

“-min”, he could faintly hear someone’s voice. Slowly Seungmin turned his head to locate the voice and was met with a distressed Wonpil and Byungho, which were held back by their collars by non other than Lilith.

Seungmin saw his brothers’ mouths moving but for a short minute he couldn’t hear them at all. Only slowly did his hearing come back, which revealed to the redhead that his brothers were calling his name.

Lilith must have noticed that Seungmin was slowly working though his shocked state, because she let go of Wonpil and Byungho. The two older males didn’t loose any time and ran over to Seungmin, pulling the redhead into a firm but gentle hug.

“By everything good, Seungmin you almost scared us to death”, Wonpil almost yelled, being obviously relieved. The older eyes seemed a bit teary and Seungmin was unsure if his oldest bother would burst into tears or not. Still, Seungmin just let his two oldest brothers hug him quietly. He was just glad he could feel their warmth and hear their voices again.

“What happened?”, the young demon asked, breaking the room’s quietness with his rather raspy voice. Byungho and Wonpil slowly let go of their little brother and looked over to Lilith, who still stood quietly by the door. The female demon with the long red hair wasn’t showing any kind of emotion but there was something grim about her.

“I think mother can explain that better than us”, Wonpil whispered and handed Seungmin a glass of water from the night stand beside the bed. Seungmin took the glass in both hands and looked to his mother. Lilith sighed and walked a bit closer to the three boys.

“I have no idea what you did but you managed to confuse your moral compass to the point it affected you physically”, Lilith explained and crossed her arms over her chest. Seungmin looked at her in confusion and then briefly glanced at Wonpil and Byungho. It seemed like they knew what she was talking about.

Seungmin knew what a moral compass was its meaning to a demon. After all, demons were known to have a moral compass that was a bit messed up by nature, but Seungmin never had an issue with that until now. Still, he had no idea how he was supposed to have confused his moral compass or what that meant for him.

“I guess it is because even though you are a full blood demon your moral compass can be affected by mortal things because you grew up on earth”, Lilith continued, looking directly at Seungmin with her red eyes. A warning laid in the two blood red voids.

“You need to sort this out or you will become a danger to yourself and others. Sadly, I cannot tell you how because this has never happened to any demon before. I guess you just have to develop a strong conscious in order to forcefully guide your moral compass or give yourself some moral rules in order to get your moral compass back in his place forcefully”, she ended with a huff. She didn’t approve of this, obviously.

Seungmin looked down to the glass of water in his hands. The surface of the clear substance was moving a little bit, because of the redhead’s lightly shaking hands. He silently asked himself what even caused the confusion of his moral compass, but Lilith already mentioned that she had no clue how Seungmin had managed to mess up his moral compass this severe.

“Would it help to figure out what caused the confusion?”, Seungmin asked, still with a raspy voice. The redhead looked up to his mother. Lilith tapped her right pointer finger onto her chin in thought for a short moment before she opened her mouth to answer.

“Most likely. It could even be the solution to the problem in a way. Do you have an idea what caused it?”, Lilith wanted to know, her red eyes resting on her youngest son. Seungmin already knew he shouldn’t tell his mother the suggestion, which was swirling around in his head, in order to keep everyone safe from her, so the redhead shook his head. Lilith let a sigh escape her and Seungmin swore his mother even let her shoulder’s slump a bit like she was honestly disappointed.

“Rest up a bit more and don’t use any magic until you feel better”, she simply said before she left the room. When the door fell shut Seungmin let a sigh escape him and he finally took a gulp of the clear substance. It felt like he hadn’t have anything to drink in ages when water slowly ran down his sore throat.

“Want to take a shower and then get changed?”, Wonpil suggested in a gentle voice. Seungmin wanted to furiously nod at that but he kept himself from doing so and just looked at his older brother, who looked at him with brotherly warmth and concern. He needed to ask some questions before he could relate under a shower.

“How long was I out of it?”, Seungmin asked, internally hoping that it was only some hours. He couldn’t even guess the time, because his windows were covered by the curtains and Wonpil and Byungho wore something different than when he last remembered. His memories felt a bit fuzzy though, so he wasn’t entirely sure what they wore the last time he saw them.

“You were out basically the whole night”, Wonpil slowly answered. Seungmin internally cursed and ran a hand through his messy and sweaty hair. That was way too long. He was supposed to train today with all of his friends, but so were Wonpil and Byungho and they were still here because of him.

“Don’t worry about the time and rest first. You can’t help anyone in your current state”, Byungho spoke up and laid his hand on Seungmin’s shoulder. The redhead took a breath and nodded, trying to tell himself the same thing.

He put the glass of water onto his night stand and slowly maneuvered himself to the edge of the bed. Wonpil stood up automatically and stretched his hand out for Seungmin to take if he wanted. The young demon looked at his brother’s hand and then took it, slowly standing up with Wonpil’s help. Standing on his own feet felt a bit weird right now, but he was fine up until now.

“Why are demons so greatly affected by their moral compass?”, Seungmin asked himself out loud while he carefully took his first few steps with Wonpil’s guidance. His steps were a bit wobbly but he managed to stabilize himself soon enough.

“According to our mother the only special thing about a demon’s moral compass is that he can do things that are considered bad or immoral without feeling bad or having a guilty conscious. At first she didn’t even believe that something was wrong with your moral compass until she saw you. I don’t know why but she also said that at some point your moral compass was so messed up that it caused you to doubt everything you ever did or believed”, Wonpil explained while he assisted Seungmin until the younger demon let go of his hand and took a few steps on his own.

The way Wonpil described it, it sounded like Lilith wasn’t the one, who discovered that something was wrong with Seungmin’s moral compass but someone else. Seungmin carefully spun around, testing how his body was reacting to the movement. It seemed like he was really entirely fine now, besides the fact that his moral compass was confused.

“Who found out that something was wrong with my morals compass?”, the redhead asked, facing his two brothers again. Wonpil immediately gestured to Byungho. Seungmin should have actually guessed that. Byungho did have natural healing abilities after all.

“We both figured it out. You seemed to be in pain, so I used my powers in order to help you rest peacefully but instead I felt a strange energy rotating inside you. It was kind of sucking the magical energy out of your body and causing a lot of problems. I let Wonpil look over it and he said it was something demonic so he went to get Lilith”, Byungho explained. Seungmin nodded in understanding. Sometimes Seungmin couldn’t help but think that he would have died a long time ago without his brothers.

“Thank you, you two”, Seungmin thanked his older two brothers. Both older males showed their little brother a light smile. “That’s what older brothers are for, right?”, Wonpil said. Seungmin lightly smiled back at the two and walked over to the bathroom that was attached to his room.

“I will go take a shower now and change cloths”, the young redhead announced and opened the door looking at his brothers once more as if he was silently asking for their approval even though it had been Wonpil’s suggestion to freshen up. The two older male just nodded as an answer.

Seungmin entered the bathroom and closed the door behind him. For a short moment, the redhead leaned against the door, looking at the ceiling. This whole situation was just great. If the rescue mission wasn’t enough stress, Seungmin now had to worry about his unstable moral compass that could cause serious problems for him and the people in his surroundings if Lilith was right with what she had said.

A part of Seungmin also had an pretty good idea why his moral compass was going crazy. The young demon was slowly adapting to the “no secrets” philosophy of Stray Kids, hence why the immense feeling of guilt he noticed the day prior. If that idea was correct, he would have to tell his friends everything about him in order to hopefully fix his moral compass.

Seungmin felt himself tense up just thinking about this possibility. He just didn’t know how his friends would react to him being a full blood demon and the son of the devil and the queen of hell. More importantly, he didn’t know if he was ready to tell them.