Actions

Work Header

Made for Me

Summary:

Gods are not exempt from love.

Chapter Text

Made for Me

Author’s Note: Enjoy the story and R&R.

Disclaimer: I do not own anything related to or of By the Grace of the Gods.

Pairing: Developing Ryoma x Kufo.

Summary:

Gods are not exempt from love.


Chapter 1

The god of life allotted centuries toward the observation of human traditions, yet few traditions stuck with him as stickily as the custom that a bride and groom should not see each other before the wedding.

In secret, Kufo watched Takebayashi Ryoma grow: A boy (and later a man) who spent every day taking beatings, be they from his abusive father or the unreasonable bosses at the company where he worked himself to death.

Bit by bit, Kufo realized he was falling in love with Ryoma.

A god and a human!

Kufo consulted Gain again and again whether he could intervene. The god of creation was resolute they not interfere in affairs of the non-divine.

Still, he wanted to save him.

Seilfall’s magic was waning. Their plan to revitalize it rested on opening a tunnel to funnel off Earth’s stockpile, but they’d have to wait until Ryoma died.

Meanwhile, Gain created a new body into which Ryoma’s soul would reincarnate, eight years old so he and Kufo could “begin” on even terms, as far as the age Kufo chose to appear.

Kufo hadn’t been previewed the body. This was his bride and groom moment. Would Ryoma wake up the same kid he remembered?

Certainly, he’d be less of a doormat. A child with skills in all magical styles and the physical hardiness to split trees could no doubt do a better job defending himself than a son resigned to his parent’s mistreatment or an exhausted salaryman.

After the Forest of Gana, Ryoma visited the church. There, he did what the trinity advised, rousing his oracular ability to contact them.

Gain and Lulutia offered blessings.

Kufo sat on the altar, swinging his sandaled feet, wearing that perpetually lax, gently mischievous expression and his laurelled hair gold as a field in a braid.

Ryoma was literally made for him.

“This may be forward of me, but can I kiss you?”

His request didn’t phase Ryoma, just as none of the otherworld mysticism phased him. Manga and anime weren’t Ryoma’s only points of reference. He’d gotten into BL light novels as well.

They parted sweetly, the monster tamer tugging the god’s triangle-checkered scarf.

“Lulutia.”

“Yes, Kufo?”

“Give it to me straight. This thing between Ryoma-kun and me…Were you involved?”

“You’re asking if the goddess of love had anything to do with your puppy love? My, it’s a mystery!” she chuckled. “Teach him to evolve poison slimes. Then watch your babies multiply!”