Actions

Work Header

Made for Me

Chapter Text

Made for Me

Author’s Note: Enjoy the story and R&R.

Disclaimer: I do not own anything related to or of By the Grace of the Gods.

Pairing: Established Ryoma x Kufo.

Summary:

Gods are not exempt from love.


Chapter 4

“You merit my praise for your originality.”

Ryoma was back at the inn, bare soles soaking in a wooden wash basin.

“I don’t believe we’ve ever had a transferee as creative with his use of magic as you.”

Ryoma flushed, not considering his aptitude impressive. The god of creation made it so.

Here, Kufo dissented. Gain granted Ryoma capacity, not capability. The sharpening of each trait – the intensity behind each Fire Arrow or the speed at which an Earth Needle emerged from the ground – that was Ryoma’s spartan talent.

Why, just today he passed the membership test to join the Adventurer’s Guild! And the Gimul chapter’s master, Worgan, tolerated no mistakes!

“It’s serene having you right next to me,” Ryoma exhaled into Kufo’s scarf.

Space magic was tougher to execute. As with disciplines he’d built in the past, he cast Warp pretty much on his first try. However, Dimension Home required he continuously butt his head against a wall. None of it into a genuine wall, thank the gods! The last worry they needed was Ryoma dying of a second brain hemorrhage.

An entire morning and afternoon had gone by when he stabilized the spell. Leading up to that, the circles he called forth kept running down his fingers like dirty water.

The payoff was great. Dimension Home exposed a larger pocket than Item Box. It also contained air, so Ryoma could now carry their slimes without his pack.

This is where things got “creative.” Starting with Create Block for the raw material, Ryoma kneaded a scaled-down statue of Kufo from bricks he crushed himself then sealed using the strong compound spun by sticky slimes. This meant he wouldn’t have to rely on the church or the shrine in his cave, and could pull the statue out of Dimension Home at any point during his excursion if it was Kufo alone he wanted to talk to. Seilfall’s version of a cellular phone.

Neither Gain nor Lulutia took offence (he requested permission at the church beforehand).

An unevolved slime among the multifarious blobs on the floor bounced onto Ryoma’s stomach. Rubbing its rubbery surface, something extra magical happened.

A fuzzy shudder, and its nondescript roundness shifted permanently to transparent pink. Pink like Lulutia’s hair, suspending a red core.

“Wow! Another new species of slime! What can you do, little guy?”

Wobble. And release yellow shimmers, apparently.

They noticed the more attention they showed it, the more shimmers it released.

“I’m dubbing you a love slime!” Ryoma cradled their new baby, as Kufo cradled Ryoma.

Happiness shouldn’t be taken for granted. It was a miracle they found it with each other.

One would think, to a god, miracles would be nothing special.

But seeing this slime their love gave life to.

Seeing all the slimes their love gave life to.

Seeing the boy who obtained happiness after such a tiring life.

Kufo reached the clearest understanding of the miracle bestowed on Takebayashi Ryoma, the man picked up by the gods.