Actions

Work Header

Regardless

Summary:

AU. MAJOR COTTG SPOILERS IN HERE YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. Warren and Vanessa deal with the aftermath of what happened in the Dragon Temple.

Notes:

I needed more Warrenessa action after the team accomplished their mission in the dragon temple and since Warren and Vanessa are basically out for the rest of the book after that, I figured, why not I'm gonna write my own reaction fic. Originally intended to be a drabble, now I'm making it a full fic.

THERE ARE MAJOR SPOILERS FROM TITAN GAMES IN HERE. I ADVISE YOU STOP READING NOW IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE BOOK.

Warning: language, violence

Chapter Text

Part 1:

Once Raxtus had departed with Kendra, Seth and Merek, Warren turned his attention back to Vanessa, who had yet to move from the pile of treasure they'd found her sitting on earlier.

"Nessa?" He said softly, crouching down in front of her.

"You're okay," she whispered, her white eyes staring up at a spot just over his head. Of course Kendra had already confirmed that for her before taking off, but still Vanessa felt a rush of relief hearing his voice again.

"I am." Warren lifted his hand and gently caressed her cheek, using his thumb to brush away a tear that escaped one sightless eye. "It's going to be alright."

Vanessa exhaled and slowly lifted one trembling hand, and after a little fumbling, managed to cover his hand with hers.

She wished she could see his face. She would give anything to see his face...just one more time.

But now she never would. At least...not unless someone could either break Bracken free of the fallen Fairy Realm or some lucky person found the Sands of Sanctity and used them on her.

But that was like asking for a miracle and Vanessa wasn't holding her breath for one. She didn't want Warren to either.

"If you want to walk away, I understand." She said thickly.

Warren frowned.

"What makes you think I would?" He asked.

"I mean...I'm not...I'm a liability."

"To the mission? I told you, you did great."

"Warren." Vanessa sighed. "You know that's not what I mean..."

"You think I don't want you anymore?"

"..."

Warren sighed.

"Van, it doesn't matter to me. I love you regardless. I always will."

Vanessa let out a tiny sob as his hand left her face and he wrapped his arms around her.

"I love you too."

"We'll figure this out." He murmured as she buried her face in his shoulder. "I promise."