Actions

Work Header

Forbidden

Chapter 7: Twisted Fates

Chapter Text

Lucy could feel all air leave her body, fear coursing through at her veins as she stared up to her father. Jude looked furious , she noted, and is surprised he was able to wear a suit so quickly…

Or maybe it could be he never slept. 

She decided to look down at the ground, avoiding the glare her father is giving her. Lucy feels like that look could probably burn her alive. 

“Lucy Jude Heartfilia.” He seethes, earning a flinch from his daughter. “Please explain why you are awake at this time, and outside nevertheless.” He leaned down at her, making Lucy back up against a wall. “It must be a good reason, seeing that I’m not in a good mood at the moment.” 

The blonde gulped. Why? Of all days did he decide to catch her? The day where she finally felt kinda good about herself, the day where she may have made a friend…

Someone must have told Father about me, but who? Could it be one of the maids? It can’t be Madeline, she has a good heart, the only other person I can think of that is capable of doing that…

Her eyes widened at the realization. She knew who did it.

Jose Porla, that snake

She should have known, the moment that fiend came waltzing here, she should have thought about how Jose would probably find ways to make her life even more miserable than it was before. 

“I... wanted some fresh air?”

Lucy knew that was a poor excuse. In fact, that was probably the worst thing to say at that moment, because she could feel angry puffs from her so-called father. 

An hand grabbed her arm harshly, twisting it a bit, earning a pain yelp from Lucy. The grip didn’t relax, in fact, it got tighter. She bit her lip, knowing that it will probably bruise tomorrow. 

Wanted some fresh air?   You could have just waited until tomorrow, and if you’d ask nicely , I would have considered it. But no,” He gestured his hand at her, “You decide to break some rules. Why can’t you think straight for once? Nothing like your dear mother for sure.” 

Lucy felt all air leave her body. He knew, he knew that it was wrong for him to bring her mother into this subject. “E-excuse me? Am I supposed to be like M-mother?” She gritted her teeth, rage roared in her head. “You have no right to compare me to Mother. I may be her daughter, but I am a totally different person.” She watched as his eyes widened at her harsh tone. “Besides, Mother wouldn't be proud of you, she wouldn’t want you treating me like some… some object! Making me marry people I don’t even know or love, locking me up at this house. Mama would let me be free! Something you wouldn’t probably understand-” 

Everything went too fast. She heard a loud smack, and felt pain flare in her right cheek, already feeling it swell. Tears ran down her cheeks, not knowing when they fell. 

“You. Be quiet. I don’t want to hear another word. I definitely don’t need a child, who doesn’t understand what is actually going on in the life that she lives in.” He grabbed her wrist, bringing her close to him. “You are to be locked up in your room. I will assign guards at your room, and I will assign a different maid for you. The one you have is dear to you, so I shall remove her.” 

“No.” Lucy gasped. “Please, don’t hurt Madeline, she hasn’t done nothing wrong! Do whatever you want with me, just let her stay.” 

Jude tsked, and walked away. He paused and turned back to the blonde. “And also, it seems that only the son will be coming in a few days. Please be prepared and act your best for him.” And with those final words, he left her. 

Lucy couldn’t stop crying, letting out a wail as she collapsed at the ground. Nothing is fair in this life she lives in. She can’t do nothing, she can’t be who she wants. 

I want out. I want out of this life!


Natsu watched as the blonde went out of sight, and started walking at his own pace, thinking about Lucy. 

She was weird for one sure. Natsu wasn’t sure that they'd ever meet again. And there she was laughing and talking to him, as if they were old friends, catching up. 

She seems a bit sad when she talks about her life. Which was weird; he had a hunch she didn’t like the whole marriage thing, but he really thought things were easier with her, being part of a rich household.

He didn’t like that look on her. Lucy looks much better when she smiles. And when she laughs, Natsu couldn’t help but crack another, wanting to hear that wonderful sound again.

He felt his ears warm up at the thoughts in his head, and shook his head. There were more important things he needed to think about. Like how Lucky could see his guild mark. People who have magical abilities, or creatures could only see it, yet Lucy, a plain human can see it clearly. Natsu couldn’t sense anything that had a magic vibe on her, she seems… human

A rustle from a bush nearby alerted Natsu’s senses. He tensed, looking behind him, glaring at the bush. If it’s another sneak attack from Gray, he swears he’s gonna burn-

A blue head popped off the bushes, and flew out. Natsu relaxed, but stared at Happy, confused. “Happy? What are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be asleep?” 

The blue exceed floated in the air, shaking his head. “I was, but then I caught you leaving the house. I waited for like 20 minutes, and you’d never show up.” He said, a bit concerned. “So I looked for you, and guess what I found?” A smug look wiped out those sad eyes. “I found you with a girl .”

Natsu stiffened, knowing he got caught. “You… did?”

Happy narrowed his eyes playfully. “You can’t pull out the dense card once I caught you, Natsu.” The cat placed his paws on his mouth, hiding his evil smile. “I didn’t even know you had in you, buddy. I’ve always thought you knew nothing about love and girls .” 

“Oh shut up. ‘Course I know about girls, I grew up in Fairy Tail .” Natsu grumbled. “With those guys, how could I not know about it.” 

Happy nodded. “True. But to be honest Natsu, she seems like a weird one.” 

Natsu smiled. “She is, isn’t it? Kept on telling her that and all I get is a smack on the head.” He looked at his trusty partner. “I wonder what’ll be her reaction if she meets you.” 

The cat snorted. “She’ll probably freak out for a bit, and then ask me lots of questions.” The cat landed on the pinkette’s arms and snuggled into his chest. “Which part do you think she’ll freak out the most? Blue fur, or talking?” 

Natsu laughed. “I think everything about you, buddy.” He looked at the town at a distance. “Wanna stop at the guild? Then we can head back home.” 

“Sure.” The cat replied, already on the verge of falling asleep. The man chuckled and walked, staying on a steady, not to trouble the already sleeping exceed. 

Once he reached town, he looked at the bar that was still open, Magnolia’s resident bar and restaurant; Fairy Tail. 

Of course, it was a cover up, the people who usually stay there are actual mages and creatures. It’s home base for Natsu and lots of members of Fairy Tail. 

A guild hall at plain sight. And no one suspected it. Clever Makarov.

The old geezer actually wanted to do a good deed for the cheery people of Magnolia, so he opened a bar. 

He swung the door opened, a bit harder than usual, wincing at the loud smack it made against the wall. People looked at him, and went back to their other conversations. He pulled up a chair and set Happy on the table, watching his partner move until curled up, his tail tickling Natsu’s forearm. 

He looked around, and saw at the corner of his eyes, a beautiful woman with long silver white hair, sapphire eyes glowed with kindness as she smiled at him. “Hello Natsu! It’s good to see you. Looking for the master?” 

Natsu offered a grin. “Hey Mira. Nah, just wanted to say hi ‘till I drop off Happy at home.” 

Mirajane looked at the sleeping cat, and giggled a bit. “Ah, he must be tired. He may be a cat, but he is a child.” 

Mirajane Strauss, resident barmaid and a member of Fairy Tail. Like Erza, she is one of S-class mages, due to completing trials and her magic. She has a sweet personality, she rarely gets mad, and a bit of an airhead. She has some demon blood in her, giving her the power to turn or steal demon souls and use it on her. It’s an amazing yet terrifying power, yet it suits her very well. 

The white-haired woman slid a drink of fire whiskey, Natsu’s favorite drink. He raised an eyebrow, confused, watching as the barmaid gave him a smile. “You seem tired, just trying to lift up some energy.” 

Natsu grinned. “Thanks Mira. Have you seen-” 

“Oi Natsu! What’re you doing here?” A familiar voice Natsu didn’t want to hear at the moment. He spun his chair to face his frenemy, glaring at the dark haired man. “Shh you idiot! Happy is sleeping, can’t ya tell?” 

Gray sniffed, and pulled a chair to see beside him. He eyed at Natsu’s drink, and stuck out his tongue. “Can’t believe you’re able to drink that stuff, it’s disgusting.” 

Natsu growled. “Don’t yuck someone else’s yum, ice prick.” 

Gray’s eyes widened, and smirked. “Who taught you that line? That’s not something you usually say, pyro.” 

The pinkette hissed at the ice mage, ignoring the sly comment. He heard a rush of footsteps, and turned to the newcomer. There was Juvia, hugging Gray, her blue locks bouncing at every hug she gave to her beloved. Natsu laughed as the said man groaned, his face a bit flushed as he let her hug him. 

They were whipped over each other. At least one of them is more forward. 

Heavy footsteps came behind Natsu, and slapped Natsu’s head, earning a yelp from the pinkette. He growled, already knowing who that is, faint wisps of lightning in the air. “Laxus.” 

There stood a tall, yet burly blonde haired man, a lightning-shaped scar across his eye, making him look intimidating. The grandson of Makarov Dreyar, Laxus knew how to scare the crap out of the people. He’s always grumpy, but can be… sincere sometimes when he wants to, but shows it in his own way. He may look scary, but he cares for his comrades fiercely, and will protect them till his last breath. An S-class mage, Laxus is a half-dragon; he can’t shift into one, but has crazy lightning magic, and could be almost more powerful than Natsu’s and the other dragons combined. 

Laxus sniffed, and narrowed his eyes. “Where have you been? You’re never here in the middle of the night, so speak.” 

Natsu raised an eyebrow. “What the hell do you mean? I took a night walk, wanting to clear my head, dumbass.” 

The blonde haired man tsked, and glared at the pinkette. “Don’t play that card on me, brat. You were with someone.” He loomed over Natsu. “A girl .” 

It seemed while Laxus was confronting him, the whole bar went quiet, listening to their conversation. Then Mirajane spoke up, clearing the tense air. “Oh my, a girl? How did you know, Laxus?” 

Laxus leaned back at his chair, still staring at Natsu. “He smells different. I can smell some female scent on him.” Natsu hissed, already regretting the choice of coming here in the first place. “What do you want, lighting-prick? You’re wasting my time.” 

The lightning dragon growled. “What I need is you not talking to outsiders . We cannot trust them, especially girls. They sweeten you up, and then boom, we find you get caught.” He nodded to Mirajane, who passed him a glass of beer, and took a sip. “We don’t need anyone knowing about us, the last thing we need is the council breathing on our necks just because someone couldn’t do their job right.” 

Natsu snarled at the older man. “Fuck off. I don’t need you telling what I need to do. I know the consequences. Plus, I’ve only talked to her just because I’ve bumped into her earlier today. It’s not like I’m gonna tell you who you are. Besides, since when can we not talk to outsiders? We do it all the time.” 

A hand came to rest on his shoulder, Natsu looking up to see Erza there. He didn’t even know she was here. He shivered as she glanced at him sternly then turning her gaze to the older man. “ Natsu is right, Laxus. Though we may not be the same as others, we can still have the privilege to talk to other people besides the guild. Nevertheless, I am worried about Natsu and this girl he met today, but I don’t think Natsu will tell her about us .” 

The man gave a sigh. “I suppose you made a fair point, Titania, and I respect that.” He turned to Natsu. “I’m just worried for the brat, he causes trouble everywhere he goes.” 

Natsu protested, earning a hard squeeze on the shoulder from Erza as she glared at him. “That’s probably true… but Natsu is a good person, he won’t do anything to harm the guild.” 

“But,” Mirajane exclaimed, “I want to hear about this girl. Who is she? What’s her name? Does she look pretty, Natsu?” 

The said man whipped his head towards the barmaid. “I’m telling ya nothing Mira. You’re just gonna keep asking me questions all night.” 

“Well, she’s not the only one.” A brunette pointed out, sitting on top of the counter, smirking deviously. “I’ll let you go today, buddy. But don’t expect for this to be over, got it?” Cana Alberona, resident drinker and also a Fairy Tail member. A light mage, she has cards that can do whatever she pleases, but limited. She can also read the future with them, and gets random visions at random times. She earned herself one of the top 3 spells of Fairy Tail, a powerful spell that gets rid most of evil: Fairy Glitter. 

Natsu groaned, and laid his head against the counter. He strokes Happy’s soft blue fur, earning an unconscious purr from his partner. He looked around the place, smiling softly. 

This was his home, and family. As annoying as they are, he’ll always protect them. 

Till his last breath.


Lucy groaned as she flopped on the bed, staring at that damn ceiling for the 15th time. 

Being locked up in her own house was bad enough, but being a prisoner in her room; that’s crossing a line. 

And that line had been crossed, and there’s nothing Lucy can do about it. All she can do is just… do nothing.

The worst part is the guards that are stationed in front of her door. One creak from the door, and they pounce. She can’t talk to anyone, not even Madeline. 

It seems that her father was generous enough to let Madeline work here, but she could not talk to her, she gave her a tense smile, giving the blonde a reassuring nod.

She sighed, and looked around. Lucy has done everything she could; read all her books, write a bit, fix her room, playing around with her clothes. The windows were open for fresh air, but her balcony was locked. 

No more sneaking out for sure. 

The blonde thinks back to that night. She was sure happy to learn more about Natsu, he seems… nice. She can see he’s that person who can have fun anywhere. He teases her, doesn’t say her name right on purpose, and is just very honest. 

She giggled softly. He was an interesting person. She could see him being friends with her.

Just the thought of it makes Lucy feel down. She won’t be seeing him for some time now, she’s not even sure they’ll see each other again. 

Sigh, there goes my one chance at making friends. How long will I be able to stand this? Being lonely, will I ever get a chance to laugh with others, argue, tease, hug others? Will I be able to get a chance to… fall in love one day? At my own will? 

Lucy groaned, and closed her eyes, letting her body slip unconscious, falling into a dreamless nap. 

She found herself in a dark place, everything around her was black. She called to the darkness, wishing someone could answer to her pleas. She collapses to the ground, clutching her head as she feels trapped. Whispers she had heard in the past swarmed in her head, the blonde tearfully begging for it to stop. 

A bright light came, shone so bright, she couldn’t see who was giving out that light. “Hello? Is anyone there?” 

Lucy, our celestial child

Oh stellar summoner

Come to us, relieve in the power of the stars

So that we will be there in your times of need

“Eh? What are you talking about?” Silence answered her, making the blonde frustrated. “Please, talk to me! I don’t understand!”

Come to us, summon us

You need us, dear Lucy

“But who are you? Please let me see you!” The blonde screeched, the light became so blinding bright, she had to close her eyes. Backing up, she felt her feet sleep. Lucy yelped, trying to get up, only to get pulled into the darkness. She screamed begging the light to her, only to see it becoming farther and farther away from her. 

Wake up

Lucy gasped, sitting up quickly, a sheen of sweat clung to her skin as she looked around her surroundings. It seems that she took a little nap, her head still swarming with that… vision/dream she had.

Who were those people? What do they mean ‘come to the stars?’ Do they need something for her, maybe something is going to happen someday and they are warning her?

A knock on the door made Lucy jump, a surprised yelp, as she tripped over some pillows scattered on the floor. She banged her elbow, earning a hiss of pain and a creaky sound from her bookshelf. 

In slight pain, the blonde turned to the bookshelf, wondering why it shifted so easily. She isn’t that strong, unless…

Lucy went to the side of the bookshelf and pushed with all her might, looking at the wall behind it. When finishing her task, she looked at the wall, and was surprised to see a door behind her bookshelf.

She gasped, feeling some sort of mix between excitement and fear.

A secret passageway. 

^^

Finally, I posted a chapter! I am so, so, sorry to post this late, I really wanted to post this at winter break; I didn't know I would so busy. So I'm gonna change things from my posting schedule. I will try as much as I can to post at every week, but no promises. With that aside, who do you think were the people talking to Lucy? What is that secret passageway for? Do you guys like seeing more people from the guild? Try to tell me down at the comment section! Remember to smash that kudos button, and I'll see you all whenever!

-Summer