Actions

Work Header

Fighting is our form of Flirting

Chapter Text

"Come on Fleur," Hermione said as she balled up a piece of parchment and threw it across the room. It hit Fleur on the head, who whirled around and narrowed her eyes at Hermione while crossing her arms over her chest. "You need to study."

"I need to sleep," Fleur replied, flicking her hair off of her shoulder," I can not do well in the end of year exams if I do not sleep."

"You can't do well in the end of year exams if you don't study," Hermione deadpanned, already reaching for another ball of parchment.

"I do not like studying," Fleur said primly, eyeing the parchment in her girlfriend's hand warily.

"Fleur," Hermione said with a hint of smile," You don't like a lot of things."

Fleur huffed before sliding out of bed. She walked across the room and stood in front of where Hermione was sitting at her desk. She snapped her fingers and Hermione raised an unimpressed eyebrow. Fleur flushed slightly before clearing her throat. "Please, can you get up?" She said.

Hermione rolled her eyes but did as she was asked. Fleur took her seat and then pulled her into her lap - arms wrapped tightly around Hermione's middle as she rested her head on her girlfriend's shoulder. "I do not like studying," Fleur said again with a groan," I do not 'ave the patience for it."

Hermione shook her head in exasperation as she tapped Fleur's thigh. "Why don't you do a reward system?" She asked.

"A what?" Fleur said. Her lips roamed over Hermione's neck and instantly, she knew what the Veela was trying to do.

"Don't try and distract me," She warned, eyes alight with amusement before she smiled," A reward system - have you ever tried one before?"

"I do not even know what it is."

"It's..." Hermione thought for a moment," Like...when you do a certain number of questions or get a question right or something and you give yourself a treat because of it." She shrugged. "I do it all the time."

Fleur grumbled under her breath but reached for one of the Potion textbooks. While these exams might not have been the NEWTs (those were next year), Fleur knew that she still needed to study. It was her aim to beat her father's test scores when he had attended Beauxbatons so, as she passed the textbook over to Hermione, Fleur knew that if she put in effort now then it would be easy in Seventh Year.

"What do I get as my reward?" She asked, a soft smile playing on her lips.

Hermione shrugged. "What do you want?"

Fleur, in answer, puckered her lips.

Hermione sighed before rolling her eyes. "Of course that's what you want," She muttered before raising her voice," Right then, list the ingredients needed to make Felix Felicis."


While not as intensive as the OWL exams were, Hermione certainly found her NEWT practice mocks to be very difficult and, as she stumbled out of the transfiguration exam, she wanted nothing more than to just fall asleep for twenty years. She yawned as she shuffled through the corridors. Her last exam had been two and a half hours and her hand was cramping painfully. The only upside to it all was that she was one of the first people to finish her exams. Ginny still had Care of Magical Creatures to do while Ron had both History of Magic and Charms. Fleur, on the other hand, only had one last exam - which she was currently taking.

Hermione dumped her bag on her desk chair before falling face first onto her bed in relief. On the floor next to her bed, was her packed suitcase. There were only three days left of the school year and Hermione had no more classes to attend. Curling up on her bed and sleeping away those three days, seemed to be the only suitable way to spend that time. She yawned again as she stretched.

She moved off of the bed to grab her phone from where it was charging on the bedside cabinet. She rattled off a few text messages - two from Lavender, asking Hermione about going to a Quidditch match during the holidays, three from Luna asking if she wanted to go hunting for Bubbering Humdingers and one from Hayley asking what Hermione wanted for dinner when she arrived home. Hermione sent off her answers - maybe to the Quidditch match, yes to the Bubbering Humdingers (even though she wasn't sure that they would find any) and takeout for dinner when she got back.

She had just changed into more comfortable clothing and was lying in bed - intent on taking her nap - when Hurricane Fleur flounced in. She looked perfectly put together as she breezed into the room. Her bag went flying onto her desk and she practically ripped her outer robe off. She didn't even bother to hang it back up in the wardrobe as she just threw it haphazardly behind her. She slumped down onto the side of her bed.

"That," She said," Was hell."

Hermione rolled her eyes. "Well," She replied with a small shrug - recognising the fact that she wouldn't be getting a nap know that Fleur was here," Think about how much worse you would had had it if you hadn't studied."

Fleur just grinned as she crawled up to Hermione and rested her head on her girlfriend's chest. Hermione smiled softly. "Oui," Fleur said," Your kisses are very motivating."

Hermione made a little hum before she stopped herself quickly. While she couldn't control it much, she had learnt how to sense when she was using her Allure so knew when to stop. Watching her, Fleur's brow crinkled slightly. "Why do you always do that?" She asked softly, hand moving to cup one of Hermione's cheeks.

Hermione gave her a look. "Renée said-"

Fleur rolled her eyes. "Renée is not 'ere," She pointed out as she propelled herself forward to press a kiss to her girlfriend's lips," Please? For me? You can see the Thrall - I would like to see the Allure."

Hermione grimaced slightly before looking at Fleur's pleading eyes. She dipped her head down for another kiss and smiled. "If anybody bursts in because of this," She said, eyes alight in playful annoyance," Then you're going to be the one to deal with it."

Hermione watched as the Veela nodded before she began to hum a quiet tune.

Fleur watched in awe as her girlfriend glowed gold.


Sitting in an airport with the Crown Princess of France holding her hand, was not the way that Hermione had envisioned her first year at Beauxbatons to end, but as she leant her head on Fleur's shoulder, Hermione found that she didn't mind. The last day of term had been two days ago but she had stayed at the palace in Nice until the day of her flight home. She had quipped that she could just swim home but Fleur had swatted her with a rolled up newspaper and told her that under no circumstances would she be allowing her girlfriend to do so.

Hermione sighed softly, a smile on her face. She could do without the team of Aurors that surrounded them but, all in all, she was quite content to lean on Fleur's shoulder - so content, in fact, that she could feel a few soft, downy feathers sprouting out her hairline. She plucked them out carefully before any Muggles saw.

"You will call me, oui?" Fleur said softly, a frown on her face and a pout on her lips.

"Fleur," Hermione said fondly," We're only going to be separated for three weeks."

"I know," Fleur huffed.

"It's just three weeks," Hermione pointed out softly, pressing a soft kiss to Fleur's cheeks," Then you have me all to yourself until we go back to school - which, can I point out, you'll still have me all to yourself at. We share a room."

Fleur pouted again and grumbled under her breath," But I will not 'ave you all to myself during our trip - we will be with all of the other Veela."

Hermione rolled her eyes. Fleur was still sour that Apolline had ordered a group of Veela to accompany the pair on their trip of Naxos during the Summer holidays. Hermione had wanted to go to research any remnants of Siren culture that was left behind along with going to see her grandparents while Fleur had wanted to tag along so they could spend time together without anybody else interrupting. Of course, Apolline had been adamant about not letting Fleur go off without somebody else to watch over her - lest she ruin yet another international alliance.

"I will miss you too much if you go now," Fleur said - a soft whine in her voice," Are you sure that I can not come and visit you?"

"Do you promise not to show up at my house again without warning?" Hermione asked as Fleur cradled her face softly.

"I will give you an hour warning," Fleur said with a smile on her face as she dipped down to give Hermione yet another kiss. It had been all she had seemed to be doing since the pair of them had woken up that morning.

"A week," Hermione said," You forget that I still need to clear it with my Dad."

Fleur wrinkled up her nose in disgust. "Two hours," She replied.

"Four days," Hermione retorted," You know, for a princess, you don't seem to understand that you can't just turn up at somebody's house with only a few hours of warning."

"One day," Fleur compromised," Take it or leave it."

Hermione sighed, eyes narrowed in suspicion before she nodded. "Fine," She said," But I want a proper warning - not one of your crappy texts."

Fleur pouted but nodded. She swooped in for another kiss before groaning loudly when she heard Hermione's flight being called. When booking it, Fleur - in all of her high-maintenance glory - refused to let Hermione fly in anything less than first class. It had sparked an argument between the pair that had wands drawn and several heated kisses before Fleur had pulled out her trump card - namely 'if my girlfriend doesn't want to fly first class then you'll have to use the private jet'. Hermione had backed down after that but had insisted that she pay half with the newfound wealth she had in her Gringotts Vault. Fleur had pouted at that but agreed - because it was the only way that she would get her way.

"See you in a few weeks?" Hermione offered as she was pulled into one last, lingering kiss.

Fleur nodded as they broke apart - thumb running over Hermione's bottom lip. "I love you," She whispered.

"I love you too," Hermione replied.

Series this work belongs to: