Actions

Work Header

The me from the darkest depths

Chapter 4: Rivals

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

When Izuku regained his full awareness and realized what he’d done, he panicked. Memories came rushing back to him like water that rushes through a collapsed dam.

 

‘Shit, what have I done?’ 

 

It was morning again, and birds chirped as he laid in the nest with a muscular arm loosely hung around his waist. His backside was sore and there was a dull prickle of pain stinging his nape but none of it was enough to shroud the pleasant satiation that soaked him to the bone. Satiation so great it quickly and inevitably became unsettling. 

 

Izuku looked at the sleeping dragonkin, whose serene features could have easily been mistaken by those of an angel- silky, golden platinum strands falling onto the pillow below, sharp jaw, unblemished skin. Plush lips, long lashes. The former hero could barely believe it but the two of them had had sex. Half of him felt unworthy while the rest was concerned, Katsuki had wanted him and Izuku had matched his desire. Consented.

 

In fact, not only had Izuku agreed to have sex but he’d also agreed to be Katsuki’s mate earlier in the day. His feelings had guided and persuaded him into doing those things, since they had felt so appropriate back then, but as his lucidity finally bared its fangs and showed him the true reality of his situation as well as the implications of it, he was less than prepared to deal with the aftermath and the subsequent internal conflict. 

 

Katsuki groaned, squirmed haphazardly and tightened his hold a fraction of a bit but made no sign of waking.

 

‘Oh my god, what have I done, what have I done? What have I fucking done?!’

 

Only in that moment did the significance of his actions dawn upon him. Questions concerning his former decisions plagued him. 

 

He wanted Katsuki in his life, for sure, especially if he was to live in that parallel world forever with no remnants of his past life. He didn’t want to be alone, after all, the loneliness was too much to bear and Katsuki completed him like no other, comforted him, felt right

 

In addition to that, he'd lusted over the handsome man and in a fit of impulsive, mindless arousal, wished to have his kids too. Reveled in the prospect of belonging to him.

 

But was that really what he wanted? 

 

It had all seemed sensible when he’d done it, natural and obvious, so he’d thought that it was fine. Yet the more he pondered over the issue, the more unwise and unreasonable it turned out to be. The more he recognized to what extent his unstable emotions had clouded his judgement. 

 

Him? Become someone’s possession? Settle down and have kids? With his childhood friend’s carbon copy, no less? Unfathomable. Not to mention the aspect of childbirth and how he couldn’t ever imagine it, much less be prepared for it.

 

The intangible personification of his heart’s darkest and most mysterious forces had begged for those things but to what extent was it worth listening to? To what extent was it right? Benefic? Did it have Izuku’s best interest in mind or was it just as brainless as Izuku had been when Katsuki made love to him? 

 

Despite everything, Izuku was still a hero. A strong and independent man. His circumstances had changed, his body had changed and his feelings were changing too, for some reason- but his personality was the same and he refused to let it become otherwise. No way was he going to allow himself to be treated like less than the autonomous person he was.

 

Back in the field, he hadn’t done anything about it but Katsuki’s words stuck to him like glue and made it evident he didn’t see Izuku the way he saw himself. Under the sweet guise of protection, the blonde had clearly shown to be not just possessive but controlling too, going as far as to insinuate Izuku was something that had to be taken care of, like a child.

 

Granted, he had every right and reason to be worried for Izuku. When they met, he was in terrible shape, barely staying afloat. But his condition was reversible and, thus, temporary while the clauses of a relationship with Katsuki were not. Once he was claimed, it’d be permanent. 

 

Could he live like that? In the threads of passion he’d senselessly craved to be dominated down to his essence but would he still be happy if his entire self was monopolized until the day he died? Could he accept having decisions made for him? Having his actions restricted? Would he still like it if he were silenced with pheromones whenever he said or did something the dragonkin wouldn’t tolerate? 

 

They weren’t even a pair yet but Katsuki had already given him a taste of that- one time back in the forest, when he’d tried to fight back, and once in the nest when he came up with a sarcastic retort. In none of the occasions did Katsuki mean any harm, but what if a day came where he did?  

 

The power Katsuki held over Izuku wasn’t absolute but it was frightening nonetheless. A simple kiss had made him obediently lay on his back, naked and defenseless. That alone was already alarming but even more so was the fact he had enjoyed it all. 

 

Craved it. Izuku hated how much he’d craved it- still did, if he were honest. How much it made his chest swell with satisfaction to finally be unraveled fully. 

 

Reason told him it wasn't reliable to admit such authority, that he shouldn’t submit no matter how good it felt, for it could lead to unforeseen repercussions, to abuse and exploitation. There were too many pitfalls in letting his emotions dictate his future. 

 

So, why did he want it so bad?

 

Izuku’s mind and heart were against each other and caught in the middle, he didn’t know which side to choose. The distress must’ve seeped into his scent, though, because soon Katsuki stirred out of dreamland and began kissing his neck. 

 

“What’s gotten your panties in such a twist, princess?” Katsuki teased as he moved to spoon the boy properly. His voice was raspy and riddled with sleepy torpor. 

 

“N-nothing.” Izuku lied. 

 

The dragonkin chuckled and took an inhale of earthiness so drawn out one would assume he’d been deprived his entire life. Hints of something fruity had begun appearing to adorn the scent with a certain sweetness, albeit it was vague enough to be easily dismissable unless actively sought for.

 

“You’re a horrible liar, you know?”

 

“I-” Izuku swallowed and kept his body pliant so Katsuki could cuddle it as he wanted, in order not to raise any suspicion or concern. “I’d rather not talk about it.” 

 

“I understand, I won’t pressure you.” The blonde said, rubbing their cheeks together. “Come to me when you’re ready, baby.” 

 

Izuku’s heart skipped a beat at the pet name. He hated how much he liked it. 

 

While his lover wallowed in his internal turmoil, Katsuki unhooked his grasp and stretched the drowsiness out of his system. 

 

“I have patrol today too but I’ll go bring us some breakfast before that.” He put on his trousers and boots. “Be right back.” 

 

“Okay.” Izuku replied, also getting up. He really needed a change in environment and a bit of fresh air, his brooding had left his reasoning too muddled and confusing. Being in the nest didn’t help him either.

 

Once on foot, the former hero noted how the swelling in his scent glands and on his injured knee had gone down. The pain was almost non-existent and the bruises were fading fast- or rather, faster than before. Overall, he was quite revitalized. Still a far cry from what he used to be, but it was progress.

 

The dark blinded him but Izuku managed to find a random tunic and put it on, since his hero suit had been nowhere to be seen nor reached. It was large and could very well pass off as a dress on him so he didn’t feel exposed nor anxious until he walked out of the cave and noted a trickling sensation on his thighs. 

 

Izuku almost combusted when he peeked down at his legs and saw what was on them. 

 

‘Jesus fucking christ, I did not need a reminder!’ He mentally yelled at himself. 

 

And as if it couldn’t have gotten worse, in that same exact moment, a group of villagers passed by right in front of him. Judging from where their eyes lingered, it was safe to assume they’d seen Izuku in all his glory- tousled, pantless and leaking semen. The tunic was big enough to cover the latter problem since it fell to his mid-thighs, but his legs were out all the same and the marks on them would surely be misunderstood.

 

The boy was mortified with embarrassment and promptly ran toward the forest to the left, where he knew a secluded stream to be. He’d seen it in the distance the previous day during his stroll with Katsuki on their way to the training grounds. It was relatively far from the village and one would have to steer away from the carved paths to reach it but he’d be able to clean up in peace there, away from people and any judgement they might make.

 

Well, that had been the plan but sure enough, Izuku’s visual memory failed him and he quickly found himself lost among the conifers. 

 

‘Great.’ He deadpanned. ‘Now I’m lost for the second time. Good job, Izuku.’

 

It was odd, though. When he’d been with Katsuki, it hadn’t seemed too complicated to get to the stream, it wasn’t exactly hidden nor tucked into the vegetation. Just a bit further away from the dirt tracks. To top that, Izuku had paid extra attention to the area to memorize it properly. How come he’d gotten lost? So easily, too.

 

Izuku roamed around for a few moments in search of any of the landmarks he’d imprinted in his brain before the answer came to him. 

 

The bubble.

 

Nagi’s powers manipulated light and he’d made a giant bubble around the place. Inside said bubble there were bound to be illusions, traps and tricks to keep the village safe and inaccessible. Either Izuku had fallen prey to them, or he’d accidentally strayed too far and wandered outside of the bubble, only to be confronted with how the woods actually were- foreign and labyrinthine. 

 

Regardless, he did not know how to go back and as such, his former embarrassment was replaced by dread and anxiety. He might be in an awful lot of trouble, he nervously discerned.   

 

The former hero pondered what he should do. Stay still and wait for someone to come after him or try to find a path to the village and risk roaming further into the unknown? Perhaps the first option was better, he reckoned. Katsuki would know he’s gone after coming to an empty home and he’d no doubt search for him, smell his trail. Asahi, who was a mere child, had followed him via scent back in the jungle, therefore there was a good chance Katsuki would do so too. There was nothing to worry about, he concluded. He wasn’t alone that time. There was help on the way, probably. Hopefully.

 

That single piece of knowledge served to calm Izuku’s nerves and gave him the reassurance he needed to keep looking for the stream. If he was to wait for rescue, he might as well try to look presentable to his savior. Although, truth be told, he really just wanted to get rid of the sticky mess between his thighs and using the communal showers in the village was definitely not an option to him.

 

Any stream would do, it mattered not which, so he ambled onwards.

 

“Well, well, well.” 

 

Suddenly, an unfamiliar voice echoed among the trees. Izuku stopped short, goosebumps rising on his forearms and on the back of his head. An ominous presage fell upon him yet left unclarified the nature of the impending danger. 

 

“What do we have here?” 

 

Izuku frantically turned his head, observing all directions, trying to reign his panic. 

 

“Has your mate never told you to never wander alone, little one? Does he not care?” 

 

A figure at last materialized out of nowhere and weaved free from the flora to reveal itself and strike Izuku with terrified bafflement. 

 

“Sh-sh…” The name refused to be uttered. ‘Shigaraki?!’  

 

“What was that? I didn’t quite hear you.” The pale man said in a flirtatious tone, making no attempt to hide the sinister intent sparkling in his maniacal eyes. 

 

In a brief surge of clarity, Izuku recalled how the quirks were mostly the same in that world. In that case, he’d have to stay far away from the other or else bad things were bound to happen. There was the possibility that the parallel world’s Shigaraki was not evil nor powerful but Izuku didn’t know that yet and he definitely didn’t want to learn it the hard way. 

 

Not to mention how his overall aura as well as the circumstances they’d met were entirely too unsettling for the former hero to believe in any shred of benevolence the other could have. 

 

‘I need to get away from here.’  

 

Izuku was not in condition to fight, he’d only recently begun recovering. At most he’d be able to hold off the man for a bit but the odds were not stacked in his favor, he’d most likely lose if he stuck to the end or found out that parallel Shigaraki's strength was equivalent to that of his villain version. Izuku didn’t have his muscles anymore, nor the same energy as back when he was on active duty. 

 

For that reason, the boy slowly backed away, never taking his stare off the source of his unease. From a logical point of view, it didn’t even make sense to fight. He had no probable cause and that man was not his opponent to begin with, he was but a stranger. Yet his gut told him otherwise, assured that the one before him was his former rival reincarnated, armed with the same lust for destruction and chaos that’d made so many civilians’ lives a living nightmare.

 

Once upon a time, he would have never given up and retreated in the face of vile danger. However, he’d grown since then, matured, realized there were occasions it was best not to engage and accepted that risking his life to win a confrontation he had no chance of winning was not worth it. Sometimes, planning, preparation, backup and a Plan B were needed. Though he trained and became a hero, in that instant he had none of those. Not even his gear.

 

“Don’t worry.” Shigaraki grinned, subtly sniffing the air. “I’m not going to hurt you, even though you reek of that draconic pest. You look too much like him.” 

 

Izuku gave no response. A fearful frown was etched on his features and tension gripped every single one of his muscle fibers. The hostility was palpable despite the seemingly friendly attitude of the villain’s double. 

 

“In fact, if you cooperate, I promise we will treat you very well.” 

 

Izuku’s eyes widened in horror. 

 

‘We?’  He scanned his surroundings once more but found nothing, which was arguably more concerning. 

 

“What do you want?” The boy hardened his expression and resolve, mentally preparing himself to use his quirks should he be given no choice.

 

“Nothing much.” He said as he took a few steps forward to approach Izuku, who in turn stumbled backwards to increase the space between them once again. “Well, nothing from you, at least.” 

 

Shigaraki’s chuckle sent chills down Izuku’s spine. Going by first impressions, the man seemed to be just as deranged as he’d been in Izuku's world, even without mummified hands on his body. 

 

“You see… that murderer mate of yours-” Shigaraki bent his neck to loudly crack the bones. “Has something that belongs to my clan. And I’d really like to have it back.”

 

“What are you talking about?” Izuku scowled. “You don’t even know who my mate is.” 

 

Amidst the mental frenzy, it had escaped Izuku how he had his doubts concerning a relationship with Katsuki and how he was unsure whether or not he should go through with it or not. Instead, feeling pressured to not only find an escape route but also understand what he was being told, his automatic response had been to already regard the blond as such and act like it. 

 

“Oh, but I do, sweetheart.” Fake honey dripped from the man’s amused laugh. “Bakugo Katsuki, right?” 

 

Izuku’s blood froze on the spot. 

 

“I’d never forget his scent, especially not after what he did to my friend and my people.” Shigaraki continued. “So why don’t you be a good boy and help us out a little, would you? I’m not the bad guy here.”

 

“What did he do?”

 

“Why don’t you ask him? He’s right there, after all.” He pointed nonchalantly to something behind Izuku, which prompted him to avert his gaze for a split second.

 

In retrospect, he should’ve known better because as brief as it was, the distracted interval was more than enough for Shigaraki to close the distance between them, grab him by the neck and slam him against a nearby tree trunk. 

 

Izuku gasped for breath. ‘Fuck, I messed up. Sly, cunning bastard.’

 

Once he got slightly accustomed to the suffocating pain radiating from the firm grip, Izuku didn’t hesitate to throw a hateful glare to the man in front, clenching his jaw to avoid crying out. 

 

“Feisty.” Shigaraki commented, unaffected and unconcerned. “Anyway, do yourself a favor and don’t struggle. If you do that, we’ll get along just fine.” 

 

“Fuck you.” Izuku spat out, only to wince when the hand squeezed tighter.

 

“No, that’s not it.” Shigaraki corrected in a mocking manner. “I’d let you try again but we really need to get going. I know someone who would love to meet you.” 

 

Immediately after saying that, a musky scent drifted to Izuku’s nostrils, repugnant but heady. Strength drained from his body and any resistance he’d had in him faded like mist. 

 

It was nothing like Katsuki’s pheromones, it had no comforting edge, no sweetness, no affection. Only intimidating domination remained, overpowering and nauseating. Izuku despised it but at the very least it didn’t turn his brain into mush, for which he was relieved and grateful. 

 

His thoughts darted at five hundred miles an hour trying to come up with a solution, a tactic to deal with the creepy aggressor. Yet nothing aside from brute force would do and he was aware of that. He had to fight, to move his limbs somehow. Resist until Katsuki came. 

 

Horror settled in his gut when Shigaraki picked Izuku up like a sack of potatoes and began marching to who knew where. Adrenaline seared through his veins. 

 

Seeing what it’d come to, Izuku conjured all of his will power to activate One for All on his right hand. He was very much afraid and his body refused to budge but that was fine, he convinced himself. A single finger would do. If he could move only one finger, it’d be enough

 

Izuku grit his teeth and concentrated on clenching his fist. His fingers twitched and gave out, heavy like lead, but after a few desperate attempts, the former hero managed to curl them and aimed at Shigaraki’s legs. Draped over the man’s shoulders, there was no way he’d be able to see what Izuku was planning to do so the boy took his time to amass the maximum amount of destructive power he could muster in his middle finger and, once ready, he flicked it. 

 

The following blast propelled Izuku through the air and hurled him to the ground, knocking the wind out of his lungs. But perhaps that was fortunate because so did the paralysing pheromones get knocked out too. 

 

Izuku rose with some difficulty, wheezing and panting for oxygen. His finger was intact, much to his surprised delight.

 

“You fucking bitch!” Shigaraki but screamed. He was sprawled on the ground, wailing in pain. His legs didn’t look broken but they certainly couldn’t be in good condition, Izuku mused. Not after receiving a blow from his quirk, no matter how limited it’d been. One for all was a force to be reckoned with, after all. 

 

The former hero took that shout as his cue and swiftly ran with all his might away from the scene, not stopping despite the burning strain on his heart and lungs. 

 

Out of nowhere, Katsuki appeared in his view. 

 

“Izuku!” The blond flew to the green haired boy using his large wings, concern evident in his face. 

 

“Katsuki!” Relief flooded him.

 

Katsuki caught him in a tight hug and held him as if he would disappear any second. However, one deep inhale was all it took to make him go from worried to furious. 

 

“What happened?! What are you doing here?” He asked, attempting to keep his voice from showing his true emotions.

 

“Uh, n-nothing. I just went looking for a stream but then I got lost.” Izuku laughed sheepishly but soon cowered under the dragonkin’s barely contained anger. It was bleeding into his scent and turning the surrounding atmosphere stuffy and oppressive. He struggled to breathe. 

 

“Don’t you dare lie to me, Izuku.” Katsuki’s tone was soft and calm but the boy knew he was anything but. 

 

“I-” 

 

Izuku didn’t even get to finish his sentence before a thick wave of menacing pheromones wrapped around him. He shook and fell to his knees by Katsuki’s feet, unable to resist the indestructible urge to submit. Be beneath. 

 

“His smell is all over you. What happened?” 

 

Electricity shot throughout Izuku’s system, pure fear took over. He looked up at Katsuki, eyes wide and glazed, lips trembling. Slick gathered around his entrance but he failed to notice it, thoughts too scattered to spare any attention to anything other than the answer to the question asked. Crimson gems sternly glared at him from above and refused to let the boy avert his gaze. He clawed at Katsuki’s pants for purchase, wishing for nothing more than to disappear into the ground. Dig a hole and hide. Curl up somewhere or maybe spread his legs and offer himself in hopes of somehow placating the wrath sent his way. 

 

He wondered absentmindedly if that was truly Katsuki. The gentle, considerate and indulgent man who’d pleasured him so passionately the previous night.

 

“I- ah...clean up, so... stream. Got lost.” Izuku swallowed, throat dry like sandpaper. He struggled to focus. “Shigaraki… appeared. Said-”

 

Katsuki’s face visibly twisted in wild rage at the mention of that name but Izuku didn’t have it in him to stop his speech. He couldn’t yet, he hadn’t been ordered to do so. He had to listen, be good. Katsuki was mad, he had to be good. 

 

“You- ngh... their thing. Had.” Tears stung Izuku’s eyes, his cheeks flushed with the stress induced by the entire situation. “Wanted my… cooperation.”  

 

“Did he hurt you?”

 

“A little…”

 

“Where?”

 

“Uh… neck.” 

 

Katsuki examined his neck, and true to Izuku’s affirmation, there was a red handprint blossoming in the area.

 

“How did you get away?” 

 

“F-fought, used… quirk.”

 

“Enough.” Katsuki said at last, screwing his eyes shut to calm the storm within. 

 

Izuku instantly deflated. The invisible weight that’d been wearing him down lifted from his frame, making him feel lighter than ever, almost dizzy. Something in his core begged to be coddled, held and comforted. He’d been good, he deserved it. 

 

A whimper escaped from his lips.

 

Sighing heavily, Katsuki crouched down and picked Izuku up. 

 

“You idiot.” He whispered, scent acquiring the ripe sweetness that turned Izuku’s psyche into a blank void. “Should’ve told me first before leaving like that.” 

 

The blonde’s secure embrace tightened further. 

 

Meanwhile, Izuku was too out of it to answer, to even comprehend what’d been said. He watched mindlessly as the greenery became a room with walls made out of clay. Neither the water lapping at his skin nor the slippery touches fazed the boy while Katsuki bathed him, attentive and thorough. The presence of other people did partly grab his attention but he was too fuzzy and warm in Katsuki’s arms to let it bother him. Succulent treats might’ve slipped into his mouth and filled his stomach and salve might’ve been rubbed on his wounds but he truly couldn’t have cared less, lost in the haze. 

 

Time ticked by and evaded Izuku’s understanding. He didn’t remember passing out, yet the next time he opened his eyes, he was back in the nest with Katsuki hovering over him. 

 

“Five more minutes…” He moaned, drowning in drowsiness as he turned his back to the blonde. 

 

“It’s lunch time, baby. Come on. You gotta eat.” Katsuki persuaded as he carefully peeled the fur from the boy and sat him up. A tray with food was promptly placed in his lap, though Izuku needed a few more minutes to fully awaken.

 

As his awareness returned, so did all the memories and the subsequent shock. His palms got sweaty due to the confused queries floating on his tongue, too reluctant to be easily uttered. 

 

The conversation with Shigaraki had been nothing short of a whole can of worms waiting to be opened, analysed alongside his body’s intense reaction to Katsuki’s domineering attitude. 

 

Izuku had always known Katsuki had a colder facet to him since they talked about his draconic lineage but the angry one was new and by far a lot more terrifying. An ice cold splash of sobering water to the face. He’d almost broken down in tears from the tone of his voice alone and the notion that the blonde wasn’t as gentle and soft as he’d originally thought only exacerbated his current worries. 

 

On another note, what had Shigaraki meant when he called Katsuki ‘murderer’? The dragonkin might have his scary moments but Izuku couldn’t imagine a point where he’d actually kill someone. Even his Kacchan, who’d tell, scream, promise or order people to die wouldn’t dare act on his threats because, deep down, he cared. And similarly, Katsuki was also a caring person. 

 

So, what had happened? What was the thing that, according to Shigaraki, Katsuki supposedly had?

 

Never did the blonde’s past seem as enigmatic as in that moment and while they ate in silence, Izuku couldn’t stop pondering about how he should bring the subject and incident up. 

 

Thankfully for him, he didn’t have to wait long nor struggle too much, for Katsuki showed an opening.

 

“Izuku, I’m going to ask you a favor.” He said. “Don’t leave the village alone again.”

 

The former hero stiffened. “This is because of Shigaraki, isn’t it?” 

 

“Yeah.” 

 

A tense pause stretched. 

 

“He wanted to retrieve something of his that was supposedly with you.” Izuku began, tentatively. “What was that about?” 

 

Katsuki regarded him with an unreadable look. Impassive would be an appropriate adjective to describe it.

 

“You really know nothing, huh.” He remarked, more to himself than to Izuku. 

 

“Uh… yeah. I’m from another world, did you forget?”

 

“No. No, I didn’t. “ He sighed. “Shigaraki… is an annoying idiot from the Cobra Clan.” 

 

“So…?” Izuku pressured further. “What does he want with you?” 

 

“Izuku.” Katsuki warned, scent spiking with an emotion Izuku couldn’t quite put a finger on. “Let it go. Don’t worry, I won’t let him get to you again.”

 

Unease? Anxiety? Guilt, perhaps. Somehow, the latter seemed fitting.

 

The boy halted. ‘Yeah. He smells... guilty.’

 

Why?

 

Was it really because he failed to protect him?

 

“What do you mean, let it go?! I was attacked because of it! I think I deserve to know!” 

 

The two held a long staring contest but Katsuki relented eventually, unwilling and sullen.

 

“Fine.” He said. “What he wanted was the Elixir of Eternal Subservience. The Cobra Clan’s ancient relic.” 

 

Izuku gave the blonde an odd look. “Okay…? What’s that? And why do you have it?” 

 

It sounded dangerous, to point out the least.

 

“It’s a potion that grants one the power to control those who drink it. Basically, turns people into loyal slaves.” Katsuki explains. “I don’t have the potion though, just the recipe, which means nobody besides me can make it.” 

 

“You said it was originally that clan’s relic, but now it’s with you. Did you steal it?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Why?!” 

 

“It’s complicated, okay?” Katsuki groaned in frustration. “I was vengeful back then. I wanted them to pay for what they did to us. To my clan.”

 

The more Izuku probed, the more complex and intricate the narrative got. He did not know what to make of it. 

 

“What did they do that was so bad?” 

 

“They joined forces with the Phoenix Clan and attacked us, thought they could get their hands on our Stone.” Katsuki sounded more and more pained as he spoke, as if he were reliving the incidents his words described. “So many of us died, Izuku. My dad. My sister.” 

 

The frown on Katsuki’s face deepened, he refused to hold eye contact and show the moisture gathered at the base of his lashes. The stench of guilt worsened and that was when Izuku realized the true extent of the conversation’s emotional charge, the reason why Katsuki hadn’t wanted to articulate the story behind his actions.

 

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to upset you.” Izuku apologized. “You don’t have to say anything else.” 

 

Though he hadn’t declared it out loud nor did he have all the pieces of the puzzle, Izuku trusted Katsuki to be a good person that wouldn’t have stolen and killed for a flimsy excuse. That being so, he wouldn’t probe further and merely listen in case the dragonkin ever felt like sharing his past. 

 

Undoubtedly, there was a mountain of secrets buried beneath the surface. What Izuku had just gotten had been but a quick taste of the most superficial layer and it already had him hungry for more. He wondered if he’d ever get to learn the full truth.

 

Upon being freed of the interrogation, Katsuki shuffled closer to Izuku and leaned against him to give a timid nip to the neck. The cuteness of the gesture made Izuku’s heart flip in his chest. 

 

“Don’t leave the village alone.” He ordered, though it sounded more like a forlorn request, a plea. “You got away this time, but who knows what’ll happen next. They know your face, they know you’re mine.”

 

Izuku blushed, conflicted once more as the musings from earlier in the morning emerged from the confines of his brain. The refusal to become a possession. The refusal to be controlled. The refusal to let his inherent strength and capabilities go unacknowledged.

 

“They won’t hesitate to hurt you to get to me. Be careful.” 

 

“I will.” Izuku reassured him. 

 

“I can’t lose you too.” Hands curled around the boy’s waist, warm and loving.

 

And despite his rationality, the protectiveness radiating from the dragonkin, along with the rare display of emotional fragility nudged Izuku’s feelings onward, urging them to be victorious in their struggle. 

 

“You-” He hesitated, unsure of his next statement. “Y-You won’t.”

 

Unsure not because he entertained the thought of dying but because he couldn’t tell for sure whether he did belong to the blonde to start with.

 

A quiet moment passed, meals forgotten in their tray. 

 

The gentlest of breezes caressed their cheeks and when fangs sunk into the skin below Izuku’s jaw, not quite near the glands, the boy just let it happen. 

 

Notes:

So... I guess it's time to get to know Katsuki a little better :D I cooked up some plot while thinking of his background :p
Tho just fyi, from this point on, I have no idea what's going to happen either ahahah
Regardless, hope you all enjoyed it so far and that you stay for the ride!
Let me know in the comments in what way I could improve the story, pretty please with a cherry on top <3 Constructive criticism gives me life ^-^

Also, dunno if y'all saw it but the title of this chapter is "Rivals" and I think it deserves an explanation: in this ch. there's various sets of rivals mentioned
1.Izuku's emotions vs logic / instincts vs personality and beliefs
2. Izuku vs Shigaraki
3. Dragon Clan vs Cobra+Phoenix Clan
4. Izuku vs Katsuki (but you gotta squint to find this one)

And yeah... that's it. Bye babiess <3

Notes:

Hello my dudes, hope you liked my story because I already have 20K of it written (though I still have to proof-read it ).
I'd say I wrote it but, to be honest, the story wrote itself. Sometimes I wanted certain things to happen but the characters said "No bish, u listen to me ok? we're not doin that!". Bakugo did that a lot, actually.

This story is mostly to explore the instictual aspect of the Omegaverse Universe and how Izuku, a normal teenager, will adapt to the new urges and thoughts in his head.

Meanwhile, Bakugo is just an absolute sweetheart. You'll see it later so do look forward to it.
Bye babiessss

Edit (30/11/2020): plot was found, whoops
things will eventually get complicated so buckle up kids