Actions

Work Header

i'll go across worlds for you

Summary:

Rey Niima of Republic of Chandrila & Ben Solo of Kingdom of Chandrila belong to two different worlds.

They are destined to meet by fate.

Not by coincidence.

Notes:

Hey! Thank you for being here! I just watched a K-Drama and immediately thought, 'Reylo AU' :P

You'll find the characters, their relationships and places 'almost' similar to that of Star Wars Universe. The plot will be entirely based on this K-Drama series, although I may add my own ideas to it ; )

To anyone who's not into K-Drama/ haven't watched this series: I assure you the story will be like any other Modern AU that will be focusing mainly around the summary of this fic.

You might possibly loose interest in the first two chapters since the story is a little slow paced, but it gets better from third chapter, so please PLEASE do give it a shot. 🥰

Also apologies in advance if you find any grammatical mistakes along the way : )

Happy Reading! : )

 

Content Warning: Mentions of Fratricide by the Protagonist and Antagonist in the first part of the chapter, after the line: 'despite feeling disgusted with his very presence' to 'yes I did'.

Chapter 1

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Rey keeps a stern face as she glares at Snoke, the man who had been creating havoc everywhere, sitting across her at an interrogation room, hands and face covered in blood as he narrated all of his cruel intentions. Finn, who stood behind her going through the papers, came forward and read out the details while placing the report on the table "Name Snoke. Born in February 1951. Currently aged 70. In the year 2020." he shook his head, "You hardly look like a 50 year old man."

He gave Finn a devilish smile "Oh, I really am 70 years years old, I have hardly aged since the Winter of 1994..." Rey eyed the report without moving an inch as he continued speaking, "...since then my time has been passing slowly, unlike yours." In an attempt to get a believable answer, Finn questioned his absurd claims, "Why would time pass slowly for you? You are just a guy born in 1951."

Rey looked back at Snoke as she waited for him to answer.

"Because I finally got my hands on the Legendary Flute, the one I took from my brother who had it and did not even use it to its fullest potential." he confessed without showing an ounce of guilt.

Rey questioned him despite feeling disgusted with his very presence, "So did you kill him? Did you kill your own brother?"

"Yes, I did. He was my half-brother who was made the king even after being a legitimate son, he was so naive that he did not even use the flute to bring the world in his hands, or both the worlds to be exact. And I knew my nephew would face this legend someday, just like I did."  

Rey was still giving him a stern glare even though she was fighting back her tears and her voice was visibly trembling, "What did you do to him?"

Snoke wrung his blood-stained hands together and then started laughing like a maniac, "My sweet child you cannot save him now, I've brought hell upon his world."

 

-

-November 4th, 2019-

Sunlight streamed in through the windows of the Royal Dressing Room furnished with gilded framed mirrors and ornate lamps. The room was cozy with velvet curtains and walls done up in dark lacquered wood, the warm glow of chandeliers non-imposing.

Ben Solo stood in the middle of the room adjusting the cufflinks of his black suit while his dresser carefully buttoned up his coat after which he reached towards the button of his collars. Ben quickly grasped his hand and Poe Dameron, his bodyguard immediately stopped the dresser from doing the same. There was a scar on his neck which reminded him of appalling memories and suffocated him if anyone dared to bring their hand near it. He gave the dresser a sharp stare and slowly lifted his hand to button up his collar, "I'll do it myself."  

Poe Dameron who was standing at a farther distance a few moments ago, now immediately stood next to Ben and asked the dresser if he was new here, to which the dresser merely uttered a 'yes', he warned the dresser to not bring his hand anywhere close to his neck next time and if he did, it won't be excused and will be considered intentional. The dresser lowered his eyes and agreed to it with a nod. Poe calmed down a bit and then lifted his hand to speak on the mic on his wrist, "His Majesty is ready to meet Hux." Ben buttoned up his collars and plainly interrupted his bodyguard "I am hoping this to be quick, I have other things to catch up on." and immediately strode outside the dressing room while Poe followed right behind him. 

Ben reached his office to see Hux readily standing there. "Prime Minister Hux, what brings you here?" Hux turned to look at him, "Ah! your Majesty, I am here to bring in the monthly report. So far we have not been facing many difficulties, the country is peaceful and it's thriving like never before." Ben walked towards his table and sat on his leather chair as Hux placed the report on his table, Ben carefully went through the pages and looked up at him, "I commend your hard work in protecting our country, I feel incredibly relieved to find that you and your party members have been successful in keeping most of the predicaments at bay." he took out his fountain pen and began signing on the report, "Although, honesty in these reports will still and always be appreciated, Prime Minister Hux." As soon as Hux heard his last unsettling remark, he gulped nervously and without questioning him any further, he bowed down his head before him and left the place.

 

-

 

Autumn leaves rustled on the ground, her white boot heels clicked as she walked towards her car. She had dressed up in a Brown Faux Fur Coat with coloured pants and a silk blouse and tied her hair up in a low bun with a bow scrunchie. She gently pushed her hair aside from her face, wore her sunglasses and slid her handbag over her shoulders.  

She got into her car, placed her handbag in the seat next to her and turned on the engine. As she huffed while looking at the rear-view mirror, she reversed the car at full speed and it went on to hit the car parked right behind it.  

"Oh my god, she totally crashed into it. I think that will cost about 3,70,000 credits." The pizza delivery guy exclaimed.

The sweeper, who was still stunned from her act panicked "She didn't have to hit it that hard, my goodness." he dialed up in a phone nearby him "Hello, this is the security office, you live in unit 405 right? we have a bad news, some woman crashed her car into yours."  

As soon as she saw that horrified man above looking at her she started crying "Oh no! What have I done? I am sorry! I am so sorry!" and immediately got into her car and drove away. No, she hit the car again and then drove away.  

The pizza delivery guy and the sweeper shouted and waved their hands trying to stop her, "Oh no, it's illegal if you don't stop, you need to stop right now! Ma'am?" The sweeper went back to the phone, "Did you see that? Yeah. You need to come down right now. Alright?" The security guard sitting there, who was about to break into a laugh said, "He won't come down. Only delivery guys go up to his house, he hasn't come down in a long while." The delivery guy commented like some spectator, "Oh, he'll come down, this is the only way to get him down. Bad guys are more sensitive when someone else causes harm to their property, not when they are the ones doing it to other's." And as he predicted, the car owner came down from his apartment and started yelling at the woman who hit the car and wasn't even there.  

Finn spoke on his bluetooth, "That guy and his people have left their house and are coming down." The pizza delivery guy responded, "Right, I'll block their escape routes." and drove away with his bike.  The sweeper went over to the car owner, pitying him "Oh no! This is awful." The owner started yelling, "Where is that Bitch? What did she do to my car?" 

Finn looked at the car from the terrace of a building, "Rey, why did you hit that car twice." he couldn't stop laughing "Also are you okay?". Rey grinned and spoke on her bluetooth, "Yeah I am fine, I have done this too many times now I guess. I did not hurt myself though, don’t worry." Finn replied, "I mean the outfit, your blue top and yellow bottom aren't matching really." Rey frowned looking at her clothes, "Hey! It's all about being natural, it emphasises the colour of these clothes. I have dressed as a chic city girl." Rey beamed proudly "I think I look pretty great." Finn said, "Well you only focused on the colours, but okay."  

Rey suddenly pushed the brakes, halting the car.  

"She has such a bad temper." Finn rolled his eyes and looked away.  

She sat there still suddenly after realising something and then immediately turned to drive back to the place where she hit the car. "Finn, come down. Now!"

Finn understood what she meant, after which he rushed down immediately.

Rey reached the place and opened the car's trunk to find bundles of credits hidden there. She handcuffed the car owner, "You are being arrested for running an illegal gambling website, we have been looking for you for months and now you have finally been caught." Before his people tried to run away Finn and that pizza delivery caught them from escaping. "We almost blew this undercover." said the sweeper while handcuffing one of the culprits.

 

-

 

Poe stood inside the stadium while keeping an eye on Ben as he rowed a race shell along with his ex-classmates, as soon as they reached the finish line he looked at the Royal Guards standing in the corner and commanded them to take their respective positions. 

Outside the stadium, two men chased a woman wearing a black and white rabbit hoodie. 

As soon as his ex-classmates lifted the trophy, everyone sitting in the audience clapped and cheered for them. Suddenly, one of the men who were chasing the woman appeared out of nowhere and shot a gun in the upward direction creating a sense of panic among everyone present there. Poe immediately went to protect Ben.  

One of the men shouted "Everybody move aside now! We are looking for that woman! She ran away with our money!", the other man pointed at him, "Wait what are these red lights?!" and began panicking as soon as the security guards pointed their guns at them. Poe got up slowly and looked at those two men, "We should get you out of here first, your Majesty."   

Ben didn't hear him. He narrowed his eyes and looked at the woman who was wearing a black and white rabbit hoodie.  

Once, when he was reciting stories to children in his palace, a little girl told him that he should also follow the rabbit from Alice in Wonderland if he were to ever find someone whom he was looking for.  

It could be true, literally even.  

Poe spoke on his bluetooth, "Team One take these jerks to the police, team two we'll escort the VIP far away from here." And then he looked at Ben, "Your Majesty-", but he wasn't there. He began searching around to find no trace of him, then a man spoke loudly while pointing in the other direction, "His Majesty went that way!"  Poe let out a frustrated sigh, picked up Ben's running shoes and followed him in the said direction.  

Ben ran on the footpath, speedily chasing after the woman who doesn't seem to plan on stop running anytime soon. He was still wearing his t-shirt with track pants and his hair was flowing as he continued to run faster towards her. The little girl gaped at him through the window while sitting in a bus and then turned to tell her mother, "Mom look! His Majesty is really following the rabbit with the clock!". 

The woman jumped upon a fence and Ben did the same. She kept running so fastly that Ben completely lost track of her. He stopped running and stood there astonished, breathing heavily. He looked at his reflection in the glass panes of a building. And then he looked around realising he had really lost her.

Poe came running towards him, trying to catch his breath "You have good stamina, you rowed 2000 metres and then ran like this right after." He looked at his reflection, "Why would you suddenly run like that?"  Ben panted heavily and turned to look around one last time. "I just saw a white rabbit with a clock, but not literally." Poe looked puzzled after he heard what he just said, "Are you sure? Did you see a rabbit or a clock?"

Ben closed his eyes and sighed, "Weren't you listening when I was reading Alice in Wonderland to kids that day?"

"I was busy organising my team's schedule."  

"You really need some fairy tales in your life." Ben placed his hands on his waist, almost feeling sorry for him.  

"And you really need to wear your shoes, your feet seem to have blisters from running barefoot." he raised up his shoes to show him and bent down to place them in front of his feet.

"These are not my shoes."

Poe looked up, gaping at him through his aviator sunglasses.

-

Poe showed him a bullet-proof jacket "You must wear these from now on." Ben casually waves his hand, "You are there to protect me anyway." They both were currently standing in Ben's study room.

"Still, I think you should wear them."  

"Poe I can close my eyes and trust you. I always have, since I gave you the honour of becoming 'my unbreakable sword'."  

Poe looked at him, they have been best friends since they were kids, after the tragedy took place he had once seen Ben crying while arguing with him but then he cried along with him while hugging and comforting him. Since then, he was given the honour to protect him and become his 'unbreakable sword'.  

Regardless, Poe goes on to say, "I will be warned if you don't listen."  

Ben's eyebrows frowned while arranging the books on his desk, "You are the Captain, who would give you a warning?"  

"My sense of Duty." 

He stopped clearing his desk and looked up at him, they stared for a while and then Ben broke into one huge smile. Poe rolled his eyes, "We caught all the men who caused a scene at the competition. And we are looking for the white rabbit with the clock you saw. I will check whether it was a rabbit or a clock when we find it." Poe couldn't understand why he was even saying all this "Why do you want to catch the culprit yourself, your Majesty? Do you want to get a 'Brave Citizen Award' or something?"

Ben almost laughed as he stood up to walk towards his bookshelf, "Why would I catch the culprit? You are the Captain of Royal Guards not me." he paused for a while and turned to look at Poe, "I am not trying to catch anyone I am just, trying to find that one person who only I can recognise and every time such incidents takes place, I feel like that person is right there. Today and...25 years ago."  

"It's been a long time, your saviour must have aged a lot, do you think you can still recognise their face?"

"I'm not sure. We might have already met unknowingly. I don't know why they haven't come to see me yet." 

Poe smiled "Maybe because you have grown up so well, your Majesty."  

Ben stared at him for a while and chuckled, "You are not mad at me now. Poe Dameron. Please, make arrangements for me to visit the horse arena, I wish to see Maximus today."  

Poe bowed down before him and left the room.  

Ben picked up one of his books and went to sit on his chair. He placed it on his desk, opened it to flip through some pages and then something came up in between them.  

It was an ID Card. 

The card he had been keeping safely since the person dropped it while rescuing him in the tragedy that occurred 25 years ago.  

The woman in the photograph looked serene with delicate features on her face. 

He picked up the card and flipped it around.

There was an issue date below which read 'November 11th 2019' which was only a week away from now.

He looked at the woman in the photograph and wondered if he was ever going to meet her soon.  

Maybe he will. Someday.

-

The Royal Guards scattered around the horse arena. Ben wore a Black Velvet Vintage Gothic Jacket with golden embroidery works on it's round collar. He carried a basket of carrots to feed Maximus, but then all of a sudden he stopped. He turned and saw that same woman in the rabbit hoodie, hiding behind a stable. Ben immediately dropped the basket and whistled prompting Maximus, his white horse run rapidly towards his owner. Ben climbed the horse quickly and informed one of the guards, "Tell your Captain, that I am going to see if it is a rabbit or a clock." The guard who looked flustered, spoke in his earpiece "Captain Dameron, His Majesty has left the arena to see if it is a rabbit or a clock." he couldn't believe a thing he was saying. The guard at the CCTV room saw Ben in one of the footage and contacted Poe, "VIP just passed Point 06. Over." Poe immediately replied, "We are at Point 04, report at each point. Over." while rushing hurriedly on his black horse.

Ben kept going at a faster pace and reached the middle of a slightly dense bamboo forest.

He saw her. Didn't he?

Or was he just imagining things?

He stood there for a while and looked around feeling a little frustrated. The wind blew gently, trees rustled and there was thunder and lightning in the evening sky. Ben sensed something was happening around him.

He turned around, his eyes wide and mouth open in surprise as he saw two tall rectangular-stones emerging out of nowhere, a bright light was shining between the stones. He gulped and looked at the Legendary Flute he was carrying in his hand. And then he looked up, determined, and giddied up his horse to run towards the stones.

He was getting nearer every passing second and after being close enough, between the two stones, he was embraced by nothing but a bright light, like it was ready to welcome him, somewhere.

 

 

Neon lights from the shops, digital billboards, vehicle and traffic lights lightened up the road on this fine Friday night. Rey sat in her car waiting for the traffic to clear up. She couldn't wait to go home after doing hours of paperwork today and smiled at the thought of pampering herself with a movie night and a nice skin care routine. She was wearing a Dark Brown Check-patterned Trench Coat. She looked up at the rear view mirror and suddenly saw someone looking exactly like her but with hair bangs, sitting behind her, she turned around quickly panicking, "What was that?" to see no one was there behind. She gasped loudly covering her mouth with her hand in horror, "That was so scary." She sighed with relief as she placed her hand on her chest and then on the steering wheel. She blinked nervously, "How could I hallucinate like that? Ouch! my chest hurts." Horrified, she looked at the rear-view mirror again and found nothing. She took deep breathes for a while and then, looked out the window.

A beautiful white horse was passing by and a tall man wearing a black coat was sitting on it and riding it in the middle of the road? She brought down the window pane and heard people murmuring, "Is he some sort of a prince", "Is someone shooting a film here?" and her eyes widened when she heard someone giggling "He looks so handsome just like a dark prince or something."

Rey sat there astonished, "Why on earth is he on a horse in the middle of the road? What a weirdo?!". She frowned and took out her handheld microphone "The man on the horse, stop right there". He doesn't stop. "Horse man? Horse rider? Man on a Horse?" she rehearses with a lower voice in the off microphone contemplating what to call him. "Excuse me, horse-rider, park your horse on the road-side." He continued to move further anyways. "He's not listening at all." She murmered while placing the blaring siren on the rooftop of her car. Luckily, the traffic cleared up and she followed him right behind.

-


Ben looked around to see a big digi-billboard that read "Queen Yuna, The Beginning of a New Legend." and  noticed that the King's statue wasn't there, he decided it definitely wasn't the place he had been before.

His eyes searched even for a speck of familiarity instead he found none. If he was not entirely wrong, he was sure the Legendary Flute was behind all this.

 

"Hey, you! Get down off that horse!".  

 

He frowned as he heard someone shouting at him, he clenched his jaw and turned around slowly. 

His eyes landed on a woman and then,  

He did a double take 

He realised that her features

Well her features,

Were almost similar to the woman in the ID-Card, he had been carrying for years  

"You are breaking the traffic laws, you know that right? And how did a civilian like you get a white horse like that?"   

He slightly narrowed his eyes to see if it was really her  

"Why are you staring at me like that?" she asked "Oh." she tightened her lips and then pulled out her ID Card "I am a police officer, now hurry up and get down off that horse, I have to check your identification card." 

He got down from the horse and felt everything was slowing down and the noise was gradually fading around him, he heard nothing but the click of his leather shoes as he began approaching her. 

He was getting closer to her with each step as he strode towards the woman while keeping his eyes fixated on her. And then he stood right in front of her, shadowing her petite self with his brooding presence. 

He studied the features on her face, her eyes were brown and there were freckles on her face. Her cheeks had a hint of a pink hue and her lips which were a shade of rose. She had let her slightly wavy hazelnut brown hair down. 

The wisps of her warm brown hair, blew gently with the breeze. 

For a moment he's tricked into believing this to be a dream. 

He slowly held up the ID Card in her hand to confirm his suspicions. 

The woman gave him a sharp stare, "What the hell do you think you are doing?"  

"I have finally met you." Ben's lips quiver as he stared right into her eyes, "Lieutenant Rey Niima".   

Ben felt relief surge through him after he finally met the woman he had been looking for 25 years.

He was still looking at her intensely but then he immediately closed the distance between them, took her in his arms and held her so close as if he were making a promise of never letting her go, ever again.

 

Notes:

please do leave a comment! : ) it would really help me write better chapters for you all! 🌻