Actions

Work Header

SHELBURNE + WO FAT = PILIKIA (TROUBLE)

Summary:

Steve's day off doesn't go as planned, when does it ever for poor old Steve.
When a hike up Ko'olau Range doesn't go as planned, Steve and his girlfriend are taken, can his team find them before it's too late?
What will they find if they get there in time?

I'm no good at Summaries

Notes:

DISCLAIMER!!
I do not own anything associated with Hawaii Five-0.
all recognizable Character are not mine, I am borrowing them.
all unrecognized characters however are mine.

this is the first Fanfic I have written.
It's un-Beta read, all mistakes are my own, as i don't have a Beta Reader.

I started reading Fanfics a few months ago and became obsessed.

One morning i had this innocent little plot Bunny jump into my lap, now somewhere along the line it mutated into a Saber Tooth Plot Bunny, sneaky little bugger.

Any way. On with the show!!
ENJOY!!

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Chapter 1: Chapter 1: The Hike

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

As she sat there back slumped against the wall of the hospital room bathroom, her head fell heavily into her chest, she tried everything to block out the memories of the last five days.

“Why did he have to do that to him? Why couldn’t he just leave us.. him alone for once?” she mumbled as tears rolled down her cheeks.
“Everything was fine till…. Till it wasn’t… the bastard could’ve left straight away, he could of just left us there where we were, we couldn’t have followed… we couldn’t have stopped him…” no matter how hard she tried she couldn’t get rid of the flashes of memories from the last 5 days.

 

5 Days Ago.

“Hey slow poke, hurry up! You’re not gonna let me win, are you?” she cheekily said to Steve over her shoulder.

“Watch where you’re going would ya!” Steve exclaimed.

“We don’t need you breaking an ankle, if you do, I will never hear the end of it from Danny” he said as he started mocking the blonde detective.

“Alright, alright…. Fine, I’ll be careful” she said with a cheeky pleasing tone, only trying to please Steve.

“Why are we up here anyway? Not that I don’t enjoying hiking with you, cos I very much do, but what are you planning?” curiously she asked while watching her feet beneath her.

“You’ll see” Steve said, giving away no hints as to why they were climbing up the mountain.

Sometimes she really hated his SEAL training, it made it so hard to get info out of the man, but she loved him in spite of his flaws at that thought she couldn’t help but giggle to herself.

After about two hours of climbing they stopped for a break at one of the clearings, the view was breath taking.

“Man, I miss coming up here” Siobhan said as she plopped down near the edge next to Steve.

“You’ve been here before?” Steve asked curiously, he’d been dating this woman for 3 years and never new she’d been up this mountain before.

“Yeah, my dad used to bring me up every summer… before we moved to the mainland for dads work” she responded fondly thinking of the memories of her and her father’s hiking trips during summer on Hawaii.

“Cool, how could I not know that?” Steve was curious how that little detail got past him, though she was as good at hiding information as he was, given they both had pretty rough lives at one stage or another.

“Well… Lieutenant Commander” she said with a cheeky but seductive tone “You never asked”
About twenty minutes passed before they stood to continue their hike up the Ko’olau mountain range.

Steve took the lead for the rest of the hike; it took a further 1 ½ hours to reach the top. Just as they came to the summit Steve came to a sudden stop, Siobhan stopping not far behind him almost running into the back of him.

“Hey… watch it would ya… and you tell me to watch where I’m going” she said with a playfully argumentative voice. After getting no response she was suddenly overwhelmed by a wave of worry.

“What’s wrong?... Steve?... talk to me” she said with slight worry evident in her tone.

Steve scoured the area for about a minute before turning to Siobhan, still keeping his eyes on the surrounding area whispering to Siobhan “something’s not right… it’s too quiet!” Just as Steve finished his sentence the eerily quiet surrounds burst to life, as half a dozen heavily armed men sprung from the bushes leaving them completely surrounded with nowhere to go and no cover to hide behind.

“DON’T MOVE!!” startling words spoken by one of the six men all guns trained on them. The sudden, loud, harsh voice startled Siobhan and made her jump slightly, but as usual Steve didn’t move a muscle ‘jeez… he’s spent to much time playing catch with live grenades, I swear’ Siobhan thought to herself when she didn’t see him move.

“Keep your hands where I can see ‘em, ON YOUR KNEES… NOW!!” the man yelled aiming his gun at Siobhan’s head, leaving them with no choice but to follow the man’s demands, Steve and Siobhan slowly went to their knees keeping their hands above their heads.

“Hey man…. Relax alright, we don’t want any trouble” Steve said with his usual eerily calm tone. Although his annoyingly calm tone usually bothered Siobhan sometimes, she was glad to hear it right now.

Siobhan noticed Steve’s eyes looking around, taking in everything around him looking for a means of escape or at a minimum a distraction. She could tell by the look on his face though that he didn’t want to do anything that would get her hurt, he cared to much about her to risk it.

As they knelt there on the ground two of the men started searching them, looking for their phones and anything they declared a weapon, once they finished their search and had confiscated their phones and Steve’s pocket knife he always carried strapped to his calf they pulled out a pair of zip ties and cinched their hands together behind their backs.

Steve looked at the guy he assumed was in charge of the grab job, it was obvious that he wasn’t the brains behind this but merely the muscle hired to grab them, whoever was behind this Steve wasn’t sure but he had many suspicions and no conclusive answers after all he had a long list of enemies that want to get their hands on him, the likely answer was Wo Fat though, but he usually did his own dirty work not normally getting hired to help to do it for him.

“You know this won’t end well for you? I’m not a civilian I’m the head of the Governors Special Task Force, 5-0… ring any bells, my team will realize we are missing, and they will come looking for us…” still with his reassuring calm tone.

“I know who you are…. I’m only here to delivery you to my employer.” The man grunted.

“If you know who I am, then you know my team won’t stop till they find us…” Steve said trying to bide time while he worked on the restraints on his wrists.
“Enough from you… I don’t care who you are… okay… and I don’t care what you ‘think’ may happen” as soon as the man finished speaking he turned and thumped the butt of his gun hard into Steve’s left temple, sending him hurtling to the ground with a sickening thud.

The last thing he saw was the butt of the man’s gun flying at high speed and full force at his face, he felt it connect with the left side of his head and the world around him went fuzzy and faded as he hit the ground hitting his head again on the hard rocky surface they had been kneeling on.

“STEVE!!” Siobhan let out a desperate cry as she watched Steve fall limply to the ground next to her. When the man was done with Steve he promptly turned on his heels and headed to where Siobhan was kneeling, just as the man was about to following through with the same action he’d done to Steve seconds earlier Siobhan leapt to her feet and hurled herself full force as hard as she could into the man in charge, the attack held no more purpose than to let him know she wouldn’t go down without a fight, she was rewarded for her effort with a hard blow to her ribs followed swiftly by the gun he held being forced considerably hard into her head, Siobhan heard but mostly felt the thud as the butt of the gun collide with her right temple. Everything around her went black as she collapsed to the ground next to Steve with the same sickening thud.

“Move Out!” as the order was given both unconscious victims were loaded into the back of an unmarked van, they threw the limp bodies of the Task Force Commander and his Navy Captain girlfriend into the open sliding door of the van onto the cold hard uncovered metal floor. Once the men had loaded Steve and Siobhan into the van they quickly discarded their phones, throwing them over the other side of the clearing.

Notes:

*Hides under covers with popcorn and waits for the comments*

Poor Steve, what'll happen to him?