Actions

Work Header

A Light To Call Home

Summary:

With just seventeen years old, Kim Taehyung has everything anyone would wished for: money, a stable relationship and friends everwhere he goes to.

While Jeon Jeongguk always wanted more than he has, that's why since years ago he was working hard for a better future, not just for him, but for his family. But it's not easy when you are just eighteen years old.

That's why when he got a schoolarship to study in the best and most expensive private school in South Korea, he doesn't let anyone to ruin his plans to have a good future.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Introduction

Chapter Text

-Rich families:

Kim family: Kim Taehyung (17y.o)
Kim Namjoon (20y.o)
Kim Jisoo (23y.o)
Kim Seokjin (26y.o)

Kim Wooyoung (father)
Kim Minhee (mother)

 

Min family: Min Yoongi (17y.o)
Min Geumjae (27y.o)

 

Jung family: Jung Hoseok (17y.o)

Jung Younghwa (father and school principal)

 

Heo family: Heon Yoorim/Aisha (17y.o)

 

-Working class families:

Jeon family: Jeon Jeongguk (18y.o)
Jeon Jiwoo (20 y.o)
Jeon Somin (22 y.o)
Jeon Wonwoo (13 months old)

 

Park family: Park Jimin (19y.o)

 

Kang family: Kang Yeosang (17y.o)

Chapter 2: Prologue

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

There are still some weeks left until the summer ends officially and that's why the heirs of the most wealthy families in the country make a party, approved and arranged by their own parents, knowing everything will be under control.

Some of the heirs from other families couldn't make it to the party, still in other countries for their holidays and not being able to arrive on time to the big house of the Min's family in the beach.

The younger son of the family doesn't really like to socialize with people that is not from his own bubble. Nevertheless knowing this year was the one his family had to make the, expected, party before the new school year, he couldn't say much unless he wanted to see his mother being upset for weeks with him. And without his best friend's help, he would have skipped the party, not caring about the party being in his own house.

The music is not his taste and even though other people don't really know about it, he fakes enjoying it while he drinks the wine in his cup. "I'm tired and it's still 11p.m" complains, sticking to his best friend's side. "How can you like this shitty music?"

"You can go to sleep, it's your house" he shrugs while looking at his schoolmates enjoying the party, waving at them from time to time when they come to talk with him even if it's just for some seconds. "Pathetic" laughs slyly, making Yoongi to roll his eyes.

"Do you really want me to leave you alone?" asks knowing the answer because is always the same. "I've heard that Yoorim didn't arrived from Europe yet. Where did she go this summer? Germany? France?"

"Belgium or Switzerland, I don't really remember, maybe both" replies combing his hair, looking at his reflection from one of the mirrors behind them, "What about you? Did you enjoyed the summer in New Zealand?” giggles seeing how his best friend grimaces. "Oh, I guess spending two whole months with your older brother and his fiancée was not the best plan ever."

The black-haired glares at the taller one, noticing how Taehyung controls his own laugh. "Shut up, it was the most disgusting two months in my life" smiling when he rembers something about the other one. "But I suppose that you'll know about it soon, Taehyungie. I heard something about how your parents are planning your future with Yoorim."

"I have no idea why you think that I don't wish a future with my girlfriend, we have been dating for two years, Yoongo" calls him with the nickname that he knows that hates, just to bother him and so he stops talking about it. "Nevermind, it's not like I'm getting married after graduation, I can still relax for some more years."

"With relaxing do you mean having sex with other people behind your, oh, so beloved fiancée?”whispers, not wanting for others to listen, though it's not like it was a secret at school.

Taehyung raises an eyebrow, looking at him mischievously. "It's not like she doesn't do the same" clicks his tongue, leaving his empty cup in a table. "And unlike her, I try to keep it a secret."

"You are not trying hard enough, everyone know about it" shakes his head, not wanting to argue about it like everytime they talk about it, having different points of view. "Do you want to leave and walk near the sea?” He come up with, wishing he stops listening to the pop music in the house.

"Let's go before you get wrinkles, you frown too much" says smiling with fun. Yoongi is not patient, fighting like a cat when he gets mad. "But I'm bringing another cup, I need it."

They arrive to the sea within two minutes, the house being near the beach and even having a small private part of the beach just for the family.

"Any news from the school this year?” asks Taehyung, knowing his best friend is the first one to get all the gossip, maybe because his parents are lawyers.

"You could say it" clears his throat when they sit in the sand, near each other. "Do you remember how the last year, that science teacher talked shit about something in your brother's graduation?"

Taehyung chokes on his wine, remembering the sentence that got him fired and probably, not couldn't working as a teacher again in the next years, getting bad words and lost of money to the school during the summer. "How can I forget it when it was everywhere, on sns and every two weeks on the newspapers as the first page. The parents association have been giving the principal trouble since the gratuation."

"Hoseok said the same to me, they even decided to gift schoolarships to some people that need it to study this year."

"Are you saying that the solution that they found to stop the gossip about the school is to give schoolarships to the poor?" the brown haired leaves his drink, frowning. "I don't want to imagine how it's going to be this year."

[...]

The morning arrives in the small house of the Jeon's family, where Jeongguk arrives after a busy night, just wanting to go to sleep after working for more than six hours in a club.

The first thing he hears after opening the door is the toy's music from his small brother. With heavy steps leaves his jacket on the couch, kissing the top of the head of his baby brother before stopping near his older sister. "Morning, Jiwoo" the shorter one smiles with her tired eyes. "Wonwoo had a bad night?"

"It's his teeth, his gums are hurting him and he woke up several times tonight" explains, watching how he plays in the lounge. "Somin went to ask for some milk for Wonu, we are run of it."

The black haired makes a face, hating that, asking for favors to their neighbors because even if the three of them have jobs with different shifts, so they can look after his brother, their salaries are not the best so they can live without problems. With a-year-old baby and all the things they need, three brothers and a house to pay, they don't have it easy to keep going.

"I'm sorry, Gguk, I know how you dislike it when we ask for favors" she apologizes, her lips in a thin line.

"It's not your fault, I was the one who fed him yesterday for dinner and forgot to let you know" sits on the chair near the table, thanking her for the cup of milk and the five cookies, as everyday. "Tonight I'll look after Wonu if he wokes up, you two can rest."

The door opens and Somin walks in with the bottle ready to feed the baby, smiling when she notices Jeongguk in the house. "Mrs Lee is lovely, she even heated the water and everything" carries the baby and feeding him carefully that it's not too hot for him. "By the way, Jeonggukie" she sits to his right, pointing to something with her head. "There is a letter for you with a red stamp, like it is from the royalty. What do you think it is?"

He stands up with hurry, hitting his leg with the table and nearly falling with his face to the floor. Looks at the letter with big eyes, not believing it's de scholarship he applied to at the beginning of the summer behind her sisters.

"Open it! I'm getting nervous" Jiwoo scolds him.

With shaky hands breaks it, nervous, reading the handwritted paper and keeping his eyes at the principal Jung’s signature. The principal from the best private school and university in all South Korea. Congratulating him for getting one of the schoolarships to study this year and then, returning to study after he dropped school last year.

"I got it" whispers. "Fuck, I got the schoolarship!"

The older ones share a look with each other, not understanding about what is he talking about. Jiwoo takes the paper to read it, opening her mouth and starting to cry. "Oh my shit, Gguk" leaves the letter on the table so Somin can read it too, meanwhile they hug with happiness. "Congrats, honey."

"That's an amazing opportunity for your future, Jeonggukie" the older smiles proudly. "Happy to return to study?"

"It's the opportunity to change our future" he corrects her.

Notes:

First chapter !!!! let me know what you think about it <3

Chapter 3: Chapter 1

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Some days before the starting of classes is when the students usually arrive to bring their things to their new house for the rest of the academic year. Most of them know how it is, that's why they don't care to go in the last moment, but the new ones prefer to go with enough time to get to know the place better, so they don't get lost.

The travel on the bus is a little bit agitated for the Jeon family, traveling with luggage, some backpacks an a crying baby every time the bus stops suddendly, it's not the best way to go anywhere. Getting some bad looks from upset people, the siblings try to ignore it because they are used to it.

Once they arrive at the place, they are impressed with the big school in front of them, with big letters 'Seoul International School'.

"Where is the principal's office?" asks Jiwoo with a panic look.

"Should we ask someone?"

Jeongguk shrugs, carrying Wonwoo and taking his time with him until the next weekend. He looks at Somin, who starts walking to a group of people in a bench. He can't help but smile seeing how she asks for him, knowing that she is the one who can socialize without being too shy with strangers.

"Follow the leader" she says once she is near them again. "I think this place is quite a maze, I hope you don't get lost, little brother" she makes fun of him.

"I'll try" whispers, looking at everything in the halls like it is foreigner for him, like he is in another universe, because everything is new for his eyes. They notice the kind of long line of people in front of the desk near the principal's office, they suppose.

"Godness, I hope that not all of them need to talk with the principal" Jiwoo exclaims, taking a sit on a free chair. "I can carry Wonwwo if you want, Gguk."

The black-haired shakes his head, still holding his brother, who is playing with a thread from his hoodie, trying to eating it so he can stop the pain on his gums. "Do you have a dummy, Somin? I don't think is a good idea for him to bite this" he makes a worry face.

"Uh, Jiwoo, let me check your purse" she left his side, walking to where their sister is sitting. Leving him alone in the line, the one is dissapearing quickly.

The boys in fronto of them are busy looking at their phones until is finally their turn, and noticing the look that the secretary has, they must be students from other years. Jeongguk is observing his baby brother, who is trying to play with the sparkly jacket of the boy in front of them.

"No, Wonu" he scolds him carefully to don't make him cry. "We don't play with others jackets, though you can still play with mine, alright?" speaks to him like he could understand every word he says.

The jacket's owner notice them, facing Wonwoo now with a weird face before looking at the older one and raising an eyebrow. "Is it your baby?" asks, looking behind him for some seconds.

"Oh, no. We are brothers" looks Wonwoo's face with doubt. "Does he looks like my son?"

"I did ask you for something, didn't I?" jokes. "I thought one of the girls there was the mother, I don't know" his eyes are now on the baby again. "You are so cute, mmhm?" his voice changes when he is talking to him. "Yoongo, look at the baby" calls his friend.

The other one looks at his best friend like he had grown a new head on his body, waving at the stranger. "Hey, are you new?"

"Yes, in fact I came here to talk to the principal because I have no idea what should I do first" answers shyly.

His brother's hand tries again to play with the brown-haired jacket, who takes a step forward so easily for him to reach the sparks. "Careful there, the jacket is expensive" he says. "It's Gucci" moves his eyebrows jokingly, making Wonwoo laugh.

"Just ignore him, he becomes an idiot when babies are in the same place as him" he tries to explain in a small voice. "First just talk to secretary Choi, give her your name and she'll tell you what to do, but if you are new I guess you'll need to talk to the principal after she gives you some papers and the key for your room."

"Kim, your key" he takes his things, making a face when he sees who his roomate is.

"Yoongo, kill me now."

His best friend rolls his eyes, taking his things too. "Don't call me like that when other people are around, Taehyung. Let's start the year without arguing, yes?" he smiles to Jeongguk because his best friend is acting too friendly when others are around. "Who is your roomate?"

"Im Jaebeom, can I have worst luck? I prefer sharing a room with a schoolarship holder before him" shivers.

Taehyung's words surprised Jeongguk. Is there something bad about sharing a room with a schoolarship holder?

"Stop being dramatic" Yoongi looks at his paper and smiles. "Ha! mine is Hoseok."

"You and your fucking luck" his eyes get bigger when he notices what he said. "Oh, I didn't want to say that in front of your brother."

Jiwoo stays next to her brother again before he can say anything, carrying the little one. "Be faster please, the way back home is long for us and Somin needs to work at the restaurant" says, bowing to the other boys. "Nice to meet you."

"Boy" calls the secretary. "What's your name?"

"Jeon Jeongguk" answers, feeling the other's eyes on his face.

"Ah, you are one of the new students that have gotten the schoolarship" smiles. "Welcome and I hope that you have an amazing experience here. When you finish with Kim and Min, go in the principal's office and he will talk to someone to show you around."

Yoongi clears his throat, feeling the change of behavior from Taehyung. "Are you a schoolarship holder?"

"I am, is there a problem?" asks, praying that it's not the case because he thought they could be something similar to friends, but he got a feeling that it's going to be a problem.

"No" answers at the same time Taehyung says "It depends of you."

Jeongguk makes a face, not understanding. "Of me? What does that mean?"

"Don't get all grumpy" he says with a faked pout. "I'm leaving, I have a lot to do in my room. See you another time, cute litte baby" waves effusively, making he laughs again.

"I apologize if Taehyung said something wrong, he doesn't mean bad, doesn't have anything against you" Yoongi defends his best friend.

"But something against people like me" argues back. "It doesn't matter, I didn't come here to make friends."

After some seconds, Yoongi nods, hoping he could smack Taehyung for his stupidy. "See you, Jeongguk and goodluck in the hell of school."

He stays there thinking, not understanding why he said something about hell, but ignoring it and going to talk with the principal before it's late for his siblings to go back home.

Fifteen minutes later they are already in his new room, which is almost as big as the house they share. "Look at this bed" Somin jumps. "Are you sure you don't need our help with your things?"

"Sure" smiles, kissing their cheeks and Wonwoo's nose. "Go back before it's late, alright? Call me if you need anything and I'll see you on Friday night."

"We love you, Ggukie" they say and he sees how they leave, feeling a preassure in his chest.

Wonwoo's eyes look at him until they are finally gone. "Welcome to the change of your life, Gguk" says to himself with a little smile.

Notes:

Finally the first chapter !!!! I hope you'll like it and sorry if there is anything wrong with the translation, I'm trying hehehe

Chapter 4: Chapter 2

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Two hours after saying goodbye to his sister, he finished tidying up his belongings on his side in the room. He puts away his luggage and backpacks under his bed and finally he lies down being tired. Thinking about the conversation with the other students, the ones that were obviously from rich families.

He snorts when he remembers the brunette, that although he will speak sweetly to his brother and normally to him at first, as soon as he heard that he won a scholarship to study there, he changed his way of acting in seconds. He must be one of those spoiled ones who think they are better than anyone just for having money.

As if Jeongguk had chosen to be born into a family that doesn't have enough money to live comfortably.

The door opens, scaring him and causing him to turn his gaze towards it, meeting a boy, who he assumes will be his roomate throughout the year. "Hi, I'm Yeosang" he introduces himself, struggling with his huge suitcase.

"Need help?" he asks, sitting up and giggling, getting a nod in response. "Damn, do you have stones in here?"

The newcomer re-enters the room with a guitar case on his back. "I have too many things" he answers as he leaves his guitar in the corner of the room. "Thanks for your help".

"No need to" sits on his bed again. "I'm Jeongguk by the way."

"Are you a scholarship holder?" he asks, surprising him, but his face shows kindness when he notices the look that Jeongguk gives him. "Don't worry, so am I. In fact, I think all the scholars share a room with each other."

That gets his attention. "Really? How weird."

Yeosang denies, flicking his blonde hair at the same time. "Okay, I've heard that a lot of families don't agree that people of our level are studying here, so I guess they don't want to create problems with their upper-class students."

"Oh wonderful. Are you telling me they're going to make our lives miserable?" frowns, remembering Yoongi's words before he left and perhaps, understanding the meaning of what 'hell' means. "We haven't started classes and you've already freaked me out."

Both of them let out a couple of laughs when finding the situation impossible to believe. "It doesn't look like you get scared easily, you don't fool me" he points his finger at him, opening the suitcase to start sorting his things.

"What am I looking like then?" he crosses his arms, waiting for the answer he is going to give, as it is always the same answer.

"I know who you are Jeongguk" he hears to his surprise. "I know what you do on Fridays before going to work at the Moon disco" he continues and this time, he lowers his voice as if someone could hear them. "Your secret is safe with me, because I do the same too."

It leaves you speechless and open-mouthed for seconds in which his mind goes blank without knowing what to say. "Have you seen me before?" he tries to remember if he has seen the blond before somewhere, failing miserably when he can't.

"You are JK, everyone who goes to that place knows you" he smiles slightly. "I've only been there to watch, that's why you don't know who I am, although I've heard that you don't usually socialize too much with others."

"I don't need it" he answers simply. "Are you really not saying anything about it?" he asks with a hint of fear of being discovered and that his scholarship will go where it came from.

"Nope, after all I too would be in danger of being discovered for going to see it" he places a picture on his nightstand with a group of boys. "You can trust me as long as you follow my sister on her instagram, she's your fan" he jokes. "She is fifteen years old and you are like an idol in her high school."

Jeongguk rolls his eyes in amusement. "Sorry, I don't follow minors" he purses his lips avoiding laughing when he hears him sigh.

"I've tried, poor thing" he laughs. "Do you have the tour with Jung Hoseok tomorrow?" ask this time changing the subject.

"Mmhm" he nods. "Is it generally for all scholars?"

"Yes or else the poor boy would have to explain the same thing six times" he denies laughing. "His father must take advantage of him for this kind of thing."

[...]
Kim Taehyung is a few rooms further away, who tries to ignore his roomate as much as possible and it is only the first day they spend together. He frowns at not being able to focus on reading on his cell phone, pretending to be on his social media so he does not hear Jaebeom calling him unnecessary things.

"Kim, are you going to stop ignoring me at some point?" He asks again after half an hour in silence and leaving the play control aside after being tired of playing for hours. "Come on, don't be like that, we both know that you're not going to take too long with the walls up high" he insists.

The chestnut's cold and bored gaze collides with his, neither of them wanting to lose the silent battle they find themselves in. "I told you, it was fun" he smirks. "But I don't repeat with the same person, Jae."

"Don't fuck around with that rule, what about Yoorim?"

"It's my girlfriend, do you seriously hope I don't fuck my girlfriend more than once?" ask without waiting for him to actually answer. "I'd be doing a bad job as a boyfriend then."

Jaebeom's brow furrows, moving closer to the opponent's bed. "You cheat on her and-"

"I don't cheat when we're both okay with it," he cuts him off, shifting his gaze to his phone and blocking it to put it on the nightstand. "I'm not going to fuck you again no matter how hard you insist, dear."

"Nobody has to know" causes him to huff tiredly and get up from where he is, pushing the strong chest of the black-haired man.

"Do you know what a no is?" rolls his eyes. "I would remove your piercing before someone found out that you had pierced your face. Someone like your parents for example" he threatens him lightly, so lightly that it almost goes unnoticed. "I'm going to go for a walk and I hope that when I come back you are in your bed and in the fifth fucking dream," he snaps, closing the door behind him with a little more force than necessary.

He walks through the grounds of the establishment with heavy steps, muttering insults every so often to himself. "You fucking idiot, who told me to fuck with him" he kicks a stone hard, or so he tries because his foot doesn't really calculate well and he kicks into the air.

"That was impressive" a voice scares him, causing him to look up from the ground and his ears turn red for what happened, thank goodness his hair is a bit long and they cannot be seen. "Haven't you been a footballer in another life?"

"Are you making fun of me?" he crosses his arms when he remembers who it is. "Oh, you are the baby's brother from this morning."

Jeongguk makes a face, annoyed on one side that he doesn't remember his name but his brother. Who was going to tell him that Wonwoo was going to take the limelight from him at such a young age. "My name is Jeongguk" he reminds him. "And answering your question, it's not that I'm making fun of it, I just pointed out something that just happened."

"With enough irony you must say" he looks at him badly. "And in case someone has to make fun of someone, it seems to me that it is you who would end up losing" he tilts his head slightly, a fake smile in his lips. "Jeongguk."

"Oh seriously?"

The brunette pretends to think about it for a moment before answering. "Considering who I am and who you are, I'd say yes" the superiority in his voice, instead of pushing him back, slowly angers him.

"If you say it because you must bathe in money and I don't, let me clarify something for you" he approaches several steps, invading his personal space, but it is Kim Taehyung and he will never cower in front of others. "Point one: the only thing you know about me is that I am a scholarship student. You don't know me" he shows his hand, raising another finger as he goes to the next point. "Point two: money does not define who is more and who is less" clicks his tongue. "And point three: if you are someone, it is because of your last name, right? I highly doubt that you have done something that gives you merit" he smiles internally when noticing that he has hit the nail on the head. "Good night by the way."

Jeongguk returns to his room with his heart pounding in his chest and not being able to believe what he has said to someone like the brunette, not knowing that if someone should be taken care of in that place, it was Taehyung himself. Nobody wants to end up on his bad side and he has done it in a minute.

While Taehyung remains standing in his place for a while longer, thinking about the harsh words received by a stranger, not knowing why they have reached him deeper than other times.

Notes:

I'm so sorry for my delay!! Which days would you like me to update? I already have some chapters on wattpad, I just need to translate it so just say a day of the week and I'll update <3

Chapter 5: Chapter 3

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Jeongguk wakes up from the best night of his life, having slept on the huge bed and being able to tell that his back hurts even less than normal. However, he is someone who likes to sleep the longer the better and opening his eyes at Yeosang's insistence to get up is not the best way to start his Sunday.

On the one hand, he does not blame him, since they have to go with the other scholars and Hoseok, but on the other, he would like to be able to turn around and continue sleeping.

Lazily and dragging his feet, he dresses in the first thing he finds, a gray tracksuit and a white short-sleeved T-shirt. "Do you think that I need a jacket?" he asks, remembering that his right arm is covered in tattoos.

The blonde finishes buttoning his jeans and without hesitation, denies. "Do not be ashamed of them or then they will know that their comments will affect you" he advises him and he does not need to think about it to know that he is absolutely right. His tattoos are important to him and that's why he is going to follow his words.

"Thank you" he takes what he needs to go to the shared bathroom at the end of the hall and asks to wait for him for ten minutes so they can go on the tour with the others.

The day before he had already gone several times before going to sleep, so he knows where it is and even if he has not used the showers, he remembers taking a look at them. Some of them are private, with curtains for privacy, while others are shared and in view of other people who are showering.

He rubs his eyes lazily as he still feels sleepy, going to brush his teeth at one of the sinks. When he finishes cleaning his mouth for the toothpaste, he notices a couple of boys in the bathroom next to him. He wet his hair so he doesn't look like a tramp with each hair pointing in a different direction and picks up his things again.

"Hey, are you a new student?" he hears one of the boys talking, so he stops in his tracks.

The piercings on his face surprise him, because if he is the son of a rich family, it'ss not normal for him to look like that. "Yes, scholarship" he replies, not wanting to hide it, but on the contrary, he does not seem to care.

"Cool, your tattoos are great" he praises him.

"Thank you" he thanks, on the corner of his eye can see the hand of the one who speaks to him on the boy's butt, the one that stays quiet. "See you" he hurries to say goodbye, noticing how those two were about to do other kinds of things in the bathroom.

Yeosang looks up, stopping playing the guitar and smiles at him. "Ready?"

"Yes" he takes his cell phone and the room key just in case. "Do you know what I found in the bathroom?"

The blonde raises an eyebrow. "Surprise me" they both lock the room and walk down the hall calmly, making sure they are not going to be late.

"I ran into a couple of guys in the bathroom and it feels like a typical place to hook up with each other."

"Oh, it could be. I saw a series on TV where rich students had sex with each other in the locker room" he says and Jeongguk's face is a poem. "Don't ask, my sister likes to watch shady series."

He just laughs because it is the first time he has heard that and although it is normal because having sex in a place where your roommate is, it's not a good plan, even though the bathroom is still shared and they can become uncomfortable situations if someone catches them.

The conversation changes quickly between them once they arrive with the rest of the new students. There are at least ten people, so it is imagined that apart from the scholarship holders, there are new students who can afford to pay the cost of boarding school tuition. A smiling brown-haired boy welcomes them, implying that they are the last to arrive.

"I am Hoseok, the son of the principal" introduces himself. "But don't worry, I never tell my father anything" he whispers as if telling a secret. "In fact I break the rules as much or more than others" laughs, causing laughter in others. "Follow me all that here begins the best tour you will have in your life."

[...]

"How was your first day sharing a room with Jae?"

His best friend's voice catches his attention, causing him to stop drawing in his notebook and close it so that no one can see it. "Jae? Since when are you both close friends, Yoongi?" he questions.

He rolls his eyes at how distracted Taehyung is that morning. "Since never, now tell me because I don't have all day" he replies, looking at the time on his wristwatch. "Shit, I'm going to be late for lunch at home with my parents."

"It wasn't so bad," he mutters, seeing how the black-haired man quickly collects his things. "See you tomorrow?"

"Come to my room, make sure I wake up on time and I'm not late" he asks. "Enjoy what's left of the day without me" he sends a kiss to him, laughing as he makes a face of disgust.

He is about to open his notebook again, when some hands rest on his eyes so he can't see. He tenses slightly for a few seconds as soon as it recognizes the person's perfume. He holds the opposite small wrist and smile. "Mmhm, Mina?" he stifles a laugh when he hears his girlfriend snort.

"Who is Mina?"

He turns his face to see the raised eyebrow of the brunette, who glares at him. "My last hook up" he answers simply. "When did you come back?" asks as if they haven't seen each other for months.

"I've missed you too, Tae" she sits next to him without leaving any space between their legs. "I want my welcome kiss," she asks, bringing his fingers to the brunet's chin and turning his face until their lips touch.

Taehyung closes his eyes as he notices the gir'ls fake nails dig into his skin. He partes his lips and for several seconds their tongues meet until Yoorim stops to fix her lipstick. "I came back a few hours ago and dad made me stay here" she complains annoyed. "I wanted to be absent tomorrow with the excuse that I didn't have time to tidy up my room, but I guess I can't."

"It's our last year, it's not that bad" he wipes his lips to remove all traces of the brunette's makeup. "Are we eating together?"

"I have to change my clothes if we are going to a restaurant" she suddenly gets up. "I'll send you a message when I'm ready."

Taehyung mutters his answer, waiting for her to leave, but something seems to hold her in place. "Weren't you leaving? Do you want another kiss?" he follows his girlfriend's gaze, meeting Hoseok with a group of new faces. "Oh, the new ones" he says, locating Jeongguk's face and to top it off, he chokes on his own saliva when he notices the ink on his bare arms, so he fakes a strange cough.

"Uh, schoolholders" Yoorim grimaces. "Look at the one with the tattoos and the tied hair, he looks like a criminal."

The brunet taps his fingers on the table, nodding to what she said. "Pay no attention to them and go change because otherwise it will take two more hours."

"Right, kiss!" she squeals ecstatically, drawing the attention of both Hoseok and the group that follows him. They share one last kiss before she walks away, greeting the principal's son and ignoring the new students as if they weren't there.

"Yoorim as friendly with people as ever, huh?" He walks over to the table where Taehyung is resting and gestures to the others. "Sit down for a while, the table has seats for everyone" he asks them, drawing the attention of his friend. "It doesn't bother you, does it?" he asks seeing his grin.

"Not at all, it's a public place" he replies.

His gaze collides with Jeongguk, who sits in front of him, between Hoseok and another boy. "And you know what Yoo is like when she comes back from Europe" he rests his chin on the palm of his hand tiredly.

"A pain in the ass and more for you because you are her boyfriend" they both laugh. "Here, she has left lipstick on your mouth" he hands him a handkerchief with his initials embroidered.

"Thank you" he cleans under the watchful eye of several people. "I'm Taehyung" he introduces himself, not wanting to seem rude, even if he doesn't care the least to meet them, because sooner or later they will know his name even if he isn't the one to tell them.

"Your tan looks good on you" Hoseok compliments him. "Thailand? You didn't go far this year on holidays."

He nods, handing him his handkerchief back. "Seokjin's fiancee is from there," he tells, playing with the rings on his fingers. "We have spent the summer with her family and well, the wedding is this early spring."

"Your brother must be happy for his wedding" hears an unknown voice.

The blond guy next to Jeongguk is the one speaking with a smile. The striking color of his hair throws him off for a moment, but he nods anyway before answering. "He is twenty-six years old, it is about time he got married."

Jeongguk frowns. "In your world, is it considered older to marry at that age?"

"Our world" repeats his words laughing. "In general yes and if you are the first-born, as is the case with Jin, then it is worse" he explains without going into detail.

"Do you draw?" He raises an eyebrow at the change of subject on the part of the black-haired man and because of the intense gaze with which he looks at him, he feels cornered.

"No, it's from Yoongi" he takes the notebook to his lap, protecting it from other people's eyes.

Hoseok bites his lip to keep from laughing. "Since when did Min Yoongi draw? Last year he almost failed that subject."

"He's learning because of that, he doesn't want to go through what he did last year" he clears his throat, getting up. "I'm going to shower, see you later" he says his goodbye in a hurry.

Notes:

Let me know what do you think !!

Chapter 6: Chapter 4

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Taehyung leaves his notebook under the pillow of his bed in case Jaebeom sees it and he starts gossiping with others, because it would not be the first time that it happens to him.

He makes sure that he has taken everything that needs to get ready in the bathroom, which, unfortunately, continues to be shared for another year. He does not understand why they can't have a bathroom in every room, because with all the money that the boarding school costs it is the least they could offer. But no, it is better if it is public on each floor and people go to have sex, risking being caught by anyone.

He leaves his phone charging in the room and locks it behind him, praying internally that the showers with curtains are free and that he does not have to expose himself before even starting the school year, since he doesn't like it when strangers see him naked.

A sigh of relief leaves his mouth when he notices how the only people there , are already groomed or in the process of dressing. He looks out the wall that separates the showers to confirm that the private ones are free and indeed, the curtains of more than half of them are open. But something catches his eye and almost makes him laugh out loud.

"Did you shower with the moans of those two in the background?" he asks in general, earning several mocking laughs. "What a show."

He begins to take off his clothes, folding them on a bench so that they do not wrinkle even if the next thing he does with them is to wash them because another of the great things that the boarding school has is that everyone has to do their own laundry, which it always ends with white clothes turning into another color.

Some of the students begin to leave after finishing, while others are arriving, although not to shower as it is not really a common time for the bathroom to be crowded.

Finally he stays in his underwear and after taking his white towel he goes to the shower, which unfortunately is next to the couple who are having a good time. He closes the curtain and for a moment he thinks about saying something out loud to cut them off, although if he was the one to do it, he would probably be quite pissed off.

He quietly hums a song, not wanting to focus on the moans of others because in the end he will end up getting horny without meaning to. "Can you finish it at once? How long have you been putting it on?" he asks rinsing his hair and causing the noises to stop for several moments.

Whispers is what he hears on the other side before the sound of a slap echoes through the room alongside an insult. He pokes his head full of foam through the curtain, meeting glances with Jeongguk, who is also in his underwear and about to step into the private shower opposite to his.

For seconds they stay still, staring at each other until the curtain on Taehyung's right side opens and a perfectly naked Jaebeom appears. "You just fucked up my orgasm, what the hell are you doing?" blurts out.

Taehyung rolls his eyes at the act that his roommate isn't even embarrassed to show himself how God brought him into the world in front of others. "Cover yourself, nobody wants to see you naked" he asks in a tense voice.

The tattooed man clears his throat at the situation he is in, trying to get into the shower and pretend that he has not seen the quiet boy from before coming out naked, with hickeys on his neck and cursing about Jaebeom. "Uh, I was just leaving."

"No, no" he denies. "We all have the same, don't be ashamed" he says before turning around with a sideways smile. "And you, since you screwed up what I was doing. How about I finished with you while you get showered?" he asks, causing a look of surprise to show on Jeongguk's face.

"If you get into the same space as me, I swear I'll leave you with purple balls" he threatens him calmly. "Or I'll cut your cock while you sleep, you decide what do you like better" he smiles sarcastically, taking one last look at the tattooed man and sticking his head back behind the curtain.

"I don't know how he does it but it always ends up making me get off" he mutters, noticing how Jeongguk is still standing there without moving. "I would tell you that the offer goes to you too, but who I want is Kim."

The grimace of disgust continues on the black-haired's face, who finally stands in the shower as planned. "Good luck, I guess" he replies not really knowing what to say.

The next ten minutes are spent in there, apart from showering, mulling over the strange situation between the roommates. His brow furrows when he remembers how a while ago he saw Taehyung with his girlfriend and wonders why Jaebeom insisted so much on having something with him, when he is not single. Maybe he was joking but from the look Taehyung gave him, he would put his hand in the fire to say that it was not something between friends to joke about.

He decides to turn off the water and put the towel around his waist, carrying the dirty underwear in his hand and placing it under the clothes he was wearing before. Noticing how empty the bathroom has been and if it weren't for the brunette finishing buttoning his shirt in front of a mirror, he'd say that there's no one else there.

Silence surrounds them as he begins to dress, turning his back to him and not noticing the hidden look that the brunette gives him through the mirror. "Hey" he listens and almost tripped while putting on his pants. He turns his body quickly to make sure that he is not hallucinating and he is really speaking to him.

"Are you talking to me?" ask foolishly, because there is no one else.

"No, to the spirit on your left" he replies sarcastically. "What do you think?"

He raises an eyebrow because this is how he reminds how he was last night. "To what do I owe the honor for you to spend your time talking to me?" this time it's sarcasm that drips into his question.

"Funny" rolls his eyes. "What a clown is losing the world" with an iron begins to straighten his wavy hair. "Listen, I wanted to apologize if I said something wrong yesterday."

"What a way you have of asking for forgiveness, don't you think?" he lets out a graceless laugh. "Why are you apologizing? You clearly have no idea what you did to piss me off."

Taehyung places the iron on the sink, approaching the opposite, who is still naked from the waist up. His eyes wander over his muscles for a second before fixing them on the raven-haired face. "But I did something, didn't I? I apologize for it."

"It doesn't work like that" he raises a hand, touching with the tips of his fingers to a part of Taehyung's hair that is not straightened, and clicks his tongue. "Natural hair suits you better" he points out.

The chestnut's brow furrows, taking a step away. "No one has asked you" his lips make a funny face to Jeongguk's eyes, who avoids laughing on his face. "If you don't want to accept my apologies, I don't care, I was just trying to do the right thing."

"When you know what you did wrong, then I will accept them" he puts the shirt over his body and picks up the dirty clothes.

"Your loss" is the last thing he hears before leaving the place in the direction of his room.

Notes:

Hello !! a new chapter is up <333

Chapter 7: Chapter 5

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Taehyung's morning doesn't start in the best possible way to tell the truth. The day before, his best friend asked him to come wake him up in case his didn't wake up on time, but because of the idiot of Jaebeom, who turned off his alarm clock after having rang the first time, he was the one who was almost late. Hearing Yoongi's teasing and complaints all the way to the lounge where all the students gather on the first day before going to class, listening to the principal welcoming and saying things that no one cares about.

They sit in the back rows, reaching the middle of said speech, as he speaks with a bright smile about the newly arrived scholars, wishing them a good year and a good stay at the boarding school.

Looking around, he unwittingly locates Jeongguk and he can't help rolling his eyes because it seems that something makes him always end up noticing him in everywhere he goes.He sees how he smiles at what Mr. Jung says, like he's happy to start studying there as soon as possible.

For a moment he wonders how he got the scholarship to study here. Washe a good student at his high school? Did he have the first place with the highest marks? Because of his personal situation? He remembers seeing his sisters and brother the same day he arrived, but there was no trace of his parents, although perhaps they were working.

"Earth to Tae" he hears Yoongi say and finally wakes up from his thoughts, stopping thinking about things that do not concern him and shifting his gaze to his friedn's face. "Let's go to class, I don't want to be late there too."

He snorts because he knows it will remind him of being late for the rest of the week and more if it happens again. "I told you it was the fault of that idiot, I screwed him up yesterday in the bathroom and he wanted to give it back to me."

"Only you can think of doing that" he sighs, relieved noticing that the teacher has not arrived and going straight to one of the tables in the middle. "You hate it when others get in the way when you're the one fucking in the showers" he reminds her mockingly.

"At least I have the decency to have sex when I know that there will be no people showering" he excuses himself.

Yoongi keeps talking, this time about the meal he had the day before with his parents. At first he pays attention, until he notices out of the corner of his eye two scholars and Hoseok going in to the class. He purses his lips seeing that, indeed, they are getting closer to where they are. "Hello!" he exclaims happily, as if getting up at seven in the morning is a good thing. "Although from your sour face, I'd say you're in a bad mood Taehyungie."

He sits behind them, while Jeongguk and the blonde boy from the day before sit across from them. "I'm in a wonderful mood, thank you Hoseok" he fakes a smile, making his friends to laugh.

"Your first day is always the same, Kim" he denies laughing. "They are Jeongguk and Yeosang, they share a room" he introduces them. "They are Taehyung who you met yesterday" he points to the brunette. "And this is Yoongi, they have been best friends since they have been wearing diapers."

"What a picture" the black-haired man rolls his eyes. "A pleasure. Although I remember you, we met on Saturday when you were carrying your brother in your arms."

Yeosang opens his mouth wide, looking at his roomate in surprise. "Do you have a little brother?"

"Oh yeah. He was one year old last month" he smiles remembering Wonwoo, making a mental note to call his sisters later so he can see the youngest even on the phone. "He's still learning to walk, so he tends to fall more than being with his feet on the ground." He makes others laugh, including Taehyung, who seems to have a soft spot for babies.

The teacher interrupts the small conversations they have in the group, introducing the new students and highlighting who are scholarship holders and who are not. Such an act does not surprise Taehyung, knowing full well how hypocritical they are at the center, especially when it comes to the Parents' Association.

A part of him feels bad for them, remembering the words that Jeongguk said to him the same night they met and which make him think from time to time that no one chooses to be born in the family or environment in which anyone is born. Being born with money does not make you a better person or more than anyone else.

It bothers him that the black-haired man was right in that argument, but he cannot deny that it was he who was wrong. Trying to put him down just because he has a better standard of living than the opposite? Low blow and although at the time he did not think about it, he regrets it.

A few seconds pass in which he purses his lips, realizing that, that was exactly what made Jeongguk mad at him.

He rips up a piece of paper from his notebook and begins to sneakily write so that Yoongi doesn't notice. Bringing his hand to the broad back of the tattooed and drawing his attention carefully so that the teacher does not notice.

Jeongguk turns slightly with a questioning look, however he accepts the folded piece of paper that the brunette gives him. Sitting down again, he opens the note under the desk and, unable to avoid it when he reads the other's careless handwriting, he smiles slightly.

'Let's talk after class' is the only thing it says, not even asking, rather assuming that he will accept. He shakes his head while putting it in his uniform pocket and turns his attention back to the professor.

Notes:

I didn't update in so long :( I'm sorry hehe but here you go !!! let me know what do you thing of the story <3

Chapter 8: Chapter 6

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

After three hours of class, they can finally get up and stretch their legs for a well-deserved break. Monday's schedule started less relaxed than Jeongguk expected, first having math, then going to history and then English. Tired and feeling how the year off he took has taken its toll, so it's going to be probably more difficult than he expected.

Leaving Yeosang behind with the excuse of going to the bathroom and meeting when he finishes in the diner, he follows Taehyung through the corridors keeping several steps between them and watching as literally everyone stops doing what they are doing to greet him, as if it was someone famous. He wonders if this is so and the other day he was wrong to tell him that he does not have what he has on his own merit.

Arriving to an empty place, they going into a room without people and full of junk that seems to have once been a painting class, with paintings covered and painting in various places, such as the wall or the floor. He looks around with interest as he notices the contrast with the class in which they were previously studying.

"What do you want to talk about?" he asks, sitting on a desk, thus being face to face with the opponent.

Taehyung's eyes are fixed on his face from before, perhaps thinking how to apologize again and this time, they will be accepted and he won't be seen as a rude idiot. "I have thought about the conversation we had yesterday" he begins to speak, clearing his throat when noticing it dry, because having the black-haired man watching him with such intensity causes him some nerves inside. "And I have realized that what I told you was wrong. Not because my last name makes me someone does it mean that I should think less of you for your social status" Jeongguk's eyebrows rise as he sees him make a face and stops breathing for a few seconds, believing that the choice of his words is still not correct.

"I mean you haven't chosen to be born poor or-" He shuts his eyes tightly, interrupting himself and again, he tries to change the way he expresses himself. "Look, I'm sorry! Okay? I know I was wrong to act like I was superior to you and I'm sorry I judged you without knowing you just because you have tattoos and they taught me that this is criminal" he pauses. "It's not that I think you are, just that you look like it. No! That's not what I meant."

A laugh makes him stop talking as if he had no end, thanking him because he knows that when he gets nervous he begins to say pure nonsense that usually makes him look ridiculous. Jeongguk holds his stomach as if it hurts from laughing so much, dropping several tears from his eyes.

The brunette hides a smile when he realizes that he is watching him too much for his own taste and on top of that, he does not dislike seeing him laugh thanks to him. "That was the best way to apologize you could find" he finally says as he stopped laughing so hard. "Although I must confess that you are not good at all."

"I've tried, okay?" says, rolling his eyes. "I'm not used to doing it, so feel lucky that I've made an exception for you."

"Oh? Why?" he asks with a smirk. "What made you do an exception for someone like me?"

"Don't think it's because you are a big deal" wrinkles his noise, stepping to him. "But when I'm not right, then I'm not" he hits the tattoed boy's chin with his fingers, surprising them both by his action. "Don't get used to it, scholar."

Jeongguk shakes his head, amused. "It's good to know that you admit your mistakes, rich boy" makes fun of him too, although he wished to be as rich has Taehyung is. "Now if we finished our conversation, I'm going to have lunch because I'm starving" walkes to the door without waiting for him at all.

The younger's mouth opens and closes at the same time, seeing how the other leaves him behind. "Idiot, good thing I didn't say anything" says after having a thought about asking him to go together because they are going to the same place.

[...]

After he arrived at the diner and taking one of the menus that they offer, he sits next to Yeosang, his hair's color brings attention between the other students with natural color hairs. "Have you waited for a long time?"

"Not at all, don't worry" says as he takes a piece of meat with pleasure. "I can't believe that they have better food here than the one I usually eat at home, it's like we are in a restaurant."

Jeongguk tries his meal and he can't do anything more than to think the same as his friend. "It shoudn't be easy to make this riches happy with their expensive taste as they are used to eat at the best places everywhere they go."

The blond waves his hand to someone, so he decides to move his head, seeing Hoseok sitting in a table with more people. "It looks like that table it's only for the more popular students here."

They see how Taehyung sits next to Yoongi, and how he gets a kiss on the lips by the girl from the day before. He looks at his food again as he nods. "It must be."

"Hoseok and Yoongi seem nice people, we could probably be friends with them" says.

"You are right, they should be the most easiest ones to have normal conversations with" laughs. "What about Taehyung?" Jeongguk asks as the blond didn't mention him.

Yeosang makes a face. "I'm not sure, he looks difficult to be friends with" answers. "He didn't really talk and the only times he did was because his friends were there and I'm sure he didn't want to look rude."

Tuth to be told is that he can't stand up for him because it is what it is, but he feels that not everything it's how it seems. They did have conversations, even if most of them were not the best, he saw that Taehyung doesn't just try to be kind so his friends won't scold him later. "Have he been arrogant? Oh hell, he was, especially when he heard that he was a school holder, changing his way of act in seconds. But he just saw how he tried to apologize, rambling a lot and being kind of cute.

"It is the first day, maybe he needs more time to open to others" murmurs, getting an odd look from his roomate. "Have you think about being in any sport team?" changes the topic.

"Just dance classes as you know that I love music. What about you?"

"I'm not sure, I'll probably need opinion about which team is better here."

Yeosang nods, listening. "Ask Hoseok after class, he will know for sure."

Notes:

Hey, it's me !!!! new chapter here <3

Notes:

hi !!! this is my first time uploading one of my works in english and in another app that is not wattpad lol but I wanted to try.

Actually I'm already uploading this same fanfic on wattpad but in spanish and it has already 5 chapters hehe and 1K readings bc meh I'm quite popular there (not really). I hope you like it and support this story <3