Actions

Work Header

The Eternal

Summary:

After her latest blunder, Chloé Bourgeois walks around Paris seeking an outlet for her anger. She finds one, in the shape of a bracelet with a charm, and it unravels a rabbit hole about everything she knew about miracles, and as well as her own identity.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Prologue

Chapter Text


Prologue


Chloé Bourgeois hated how things have turned out. How things have gone from wrong to worst in a mere day, how everything seemed to be stacked against her no matter how much she tried. Even the night light from the moon couldn’t calm her down, and the walk she had done around the city was not doing much either to calm her fury down.

It has been a couple of hours after her latest blunder, from the moment she had been crowned and later been dethroned by someone whom she had looked up to, but had shown nothing more than the very thing she had been taught to avoid. Her body burned with anger as she recalled back how Ladybug had simply ignored her and went for Tsurugi for help, showing how much of a liar she was when the hero told Chloé about not being able to be a hero anymore because of the security risk toward her family.

So much for being a hero, Chloé thought bitterly as she walked down the sidewalk, looking around to avoid people from seeing her in this pitiful state. She was just like my mom at that moment, and she blames me for wanting her gone.

That was something that Chloé found herself realizing. Ladybug had just acted like her mother back in that day, the first day where she had called Chloé extremely unexceptional and left for New York. It ached Chloé when she had seen the similarities and the cruel irony behind everything bad that has happened in her life.

Everyone she had looked up to doesn’t want anything to do with her.

A tear began to appear on her eye, but Chloé shook her head to avoid emotion from bursting forth.

Mom doesn’t want anything to do with me, completely ignores my existence, Chloé looked up at the sky. Ladybug used me for her gain, and when I retaliate I am the bad guy. Hawkmoth also used me, he needs to pay for that as well.

The blonde heiress turned around the corner and fixed her hood, walking straight into an alleyway. Her footsteps echoed in the empty alley, and the birds flew above her head. Amongst those birds, she heard a crow. Confusion settled in as she turned around to look.

A crow in Paris was something that shouldn’t be possible unless someone managed to smuggle in one and the bird wanted to return home.

Regardless of it, the fact that a crow was nearby didn’t sit well with her for some reason. Her gut turned around slightly, a sense of dread washing over her body as she tensed.

“Great,” The blonde mumbled under her breath, her brow furrowing. “Something is going to happen now. Better get home and ask dad about not going to school for a while, until the water calms down.” Chloé didn’t want to deal with the fallout of Miracle Queen, something she had been proud of—to an extent.

She hurried her steps and her senses began to go haywire. Her eyes looked around as she felt static filling her ears, slowly increasing volume the more she walked in. Cold washed over her body, which began shuddering madly as panic quickly overtook her body. Adrenaline kicked in, and she began to run toward her home. Her eyes widened when she noticed something weird about the alleyway.

No matter how long she ran, she couldn’t get to the end.

Chloé stopped, to catch her breath, as her shuddering continued and the static on her ears was practically blasting at this point. A headache was rising, and she looked around trying to find a solution. She looked up and saw it.

The crow.

There was a crow—the one she had heard before, or maybe this was a new one—perched on the building next to her, looking at her with curious eyes as it flew rapidly toward a spot near the dumpster. It looked back to her again, this time, a certain allure made her walk toward the crow.

“What. . .?” Chloé voiced out, though she didn’t understand what she said.

There was a piece of jewelry on the beak of the crow, a bracelet with a charm. The crow leaned forward, and Chloé extended her open hand toward the bird, which dropped the bracelet onto her hand.

Familiar magic began to be expelled from the bracelet, and Chloé understood what she was currently holding in her hand. A smile appeared on her face, and even with the pain she was experiencing, she found herself being able to smile and chuckle as thoughts raced in her head, thoughts she couldn’t comprehend at all thanks to the static. 

She swiftly slid the bracelet into her arm, but nothing happened. A frown appeared on her face as she looked back at where the crow is, to find something. Or rather, nothing.

The crow is not there anymore.

Suddenly, a head-splitting headache appeared and blood became to leak from her body. Chloé began to cough blood as her vision turned black, her body became extremely cold and her breaths heaved greatly as she struggled for oxygen.

And like that, in a dirty alleyway, Chloé Bourgeois knew black.