Actions

Work Header

too mana problems

Chapter 13: Chapter 13 - Epilouge

Notes:

finally.

I figured this was a month or two later, once Danny and Grace moved in permanently with Steve.

thank you all so much for reading! Like I said this was two years of on and off writing and I'm so happy that I finished it. I know it might be flawed and a little beat up but I hope you all enjoy it nonetheless.

<3

Chapter Text

Steve rarely laughs. Like really laughs. The kind of laugh that erupts deep in the belly and you can’t hold back no matter how hard you try. But when he does, those are Danny’s favorites. They are infectious laughs that even trigger Danny’s soul into shining brighter for its mate. It’s volatile nature becomes completely subdued as Danny’s shouts for joy at seeing how thoroughly and unconditionally happy his soul mate is.

He craves to hear this laugh the most.

Danny is wrapped up in Steve’s arm in their bed as they both shake with laughter in the morning sunlight. The sun drapes the room with its golden tendrils, touching every surface it can reach.

And they both could not be happier.

I love him.

And just like that Danny realizes how much that statement is true.

I love him.

I’m in love with him.

It takes his breath away. A warmth settles over his entire being, like the last piece falling into place.

“I love you.”

Steve smiles at him and pulls him even closer together. He whispers against his lips “I love you too” before dipping down to kiss him. Their souls collide in a fiery passion, exploding into each other. Everything around them energizes as lights begin to flicker and objects start to hover in the air.

They look around at what they’ve done to their bedroom, smiling at the ridiculousness of it all.

Steve mouths a silent “I love you.”

“I love you too.” Danny mouths back before pulling him down for another kiss.