Actions

Work Header

Summer of Distractions

Chapter 15

Notes:

And now we finally come to the last chapter! I really hope you enjoy this ending, I enjoyed writing it! Fair warning, I got carried away with the smut but figured if you can't put it in a happy ending when CAN you put it? :P Thank you so much for reading, I love you all!

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Later that afternoon, Zuko knocked on the door to Katara’s room lightly.

“Come in,” he heard.

He entered the room. He couldn’t see Katara but she called out to him from her balcony. He found her sitting on a couch overlooking the palace gardens. She smiled widely up at him and settled comfortably against his chest when he sat down on the couch.

“I think I need to thank you again for saving me,” he said.

Katara laughed softly. “I’ve forgotten, who’s in the lead now?” she teased. Zuko laughed a short, sharp laugh with a bitter sting in it.

Katara caught the tone and sat up properly to look at him.

“Zuko?” she asked.

He looked at her. “Katara, what you did...that was amazing. You were so incredible, I can’t believe I was ever worried about you getting hurt. But… I can’t promise you that that was the end of it. I-”

“Zuko, stop-” she cut across him.

“No, no, please, let me finish,” he said, taking her hands in his.

She shut her mouth obediently and waited for him to continue talking.

“This assassination….this is something that might happen again. This is just a part of my life. And unfortunately, the rest of the court are also always going to be a part of my life. Before we go any further I need to ask you again. Are you sure that you want this life? Are you sure that this is worth it? That….I’m worth it?”

Katara held his gaze for a long time, really considering what he was asking her. The trial that morning had made the potential complications of their public relationship abundantly clear. Zuko watched her nervously. Then she smiled. “I would never have stayed if I didn’t already know the answer to that question.”

Zuko smiled with relief and kissed her. He pulled back to look at her. “I love you,” he said, a lop-sided grin spreading across his face.

Her heart jumped at his direct admission. “I love you too,” she smiled back, completely ecstatic.

Zuko felt giddy with joy at her words. They surged up into each other, kissing passionately. Katara ran her fingers through his hair as he clutched the fabric covering her back, desperate to be as close to each other as possible. She felt a heat settle in her lower abdomen at Zuko’s desperate movements, desire for her etched into his every motion as she reciprocated entirely. Zuko leaned into her, moving her down so she was lying on the couch. He started undoing her tunic and she pulled away laughing.

“We’re on the balcony,” she whispered. “Anyone could see!”

“This is the highest balcony in the palace aside from the royal suites, no one can see in. And right now, I honestly don’t care,” he said, still beaming. He felt on top of the world, he was alive, Katara loved him, he loved her and he’d basically just told the whole court to shove their opinions up their arses. Adrenaline coursed through him as unbridled lust rose within him at the sight of Katara underneath his body.

Katara laughed breathlessly as he undid her tunic and threw it behind them. Hesitant Zuko was firmly gone now all of his doubts had been thoroughly assuaged. Katara was finding that she was liking this bold Zuko even better already, and she hadn’t thought that was possible. He pulled off his tunic and tossed it aside. It hit the balcony railing and fell down and Katara started slightly as it slid off the balcony. “Zuko, your top-” she began, sitting up quickly but Zuko pushed her back down firmly making her giggle.

“Don’t care,” he said, the words muffled since his tongue was wrapped around hers again. When he caressed up her bare side she quickly forgot what she was worried about. He sat up to pull off her leggings. She scrambled up to tug at the waistband of his pants but he beat her to it, relinquishing himself of his outer clothes leaving him in just his underpants.

Katara felt her heart beat faster looking at his naked torso standing over her. She licked her lips slightly as she looked him all over before her eyes focused on the bulge in his pants. She quickly sat up and grabbed him through his underwear. Zuko moaned. This had definitely not been the direction he had intended on going but he was more than happy to see where this went. She moved her hands to his hips and lightly played with the waistband of his pants, looking up at him with mischievous eyes.

Zuko’s heart caught in his throat and she slowly dragged his pants down so his erection sprang free. She suddenly grasped his whole length with one hand. Using her other hand she licked up her palm. Zuko’s golden eyes followed her every movement, completely transfixed. Then she grasped him with her wet hand, squeezing more insistently. He groaned and she smirked up at him. She ran her tongue along his length and quickly took him into her mouth. He grunted in surprise and felt her mouth curve into a smile against his cock. His hand came to curl in the back of her hair as she took him deep into her warm mouth. She twirled her tongue around the tip of his member and he suppressed a high pitched sound that threatened to escape the back of his throat. He felt his hips twitch to thrust and suddenly grabbed Katara by the shoulders, pulling her up.

Katara was taken aback by the intense look in his eyes, gold flashing challengingly. He grabbed her to him, tongue diving in her mouth, breathing in deeply, inhaling her scent.

“Zuko, I-” she began, desperate to be touched by him but he picked her up bodily, cutting her off, and deposited her on the couch. He knelt between her legs and pulled off her chest bindings with experienced hands. He pressed her to him firmly with both hands on her back as he kissed her chest. She arched into his touch, feeling herself get wetter where his body sat so close to her core. He tilted his head up to suck harshly on her neck and her jaw and she moaned needily. Zuko panted against her skin, her sounds turning him on even more. He squeezed both of her breasts and Katara went weak, almost falling back. He quickly moved his hands to her back to hold her upright and bent his head to suck on one of her breasts. Her hands wrapped around his neck clutching the back of his head. He suddenly sucked hard on her nipple and she cried out, nails scratching across the back of his shoulders and his scalp. He hissed harshly at the sting.

Her eyes snapped open, “Oh! Sorry, so sorry…” she began before he grabbed her roughly and bit on her collarbone. “Ah!” she gasped. That felt...good. She smirked and when he tugged on her other erect nipple she didn’t apologise for the way she scratched across his shoulder blades. She pushed his shoulders away and grabbed him to her in a kiss, tongue dancing wildly with his. She bit his lower lip and tugged. He growled in response as he pressed towards her more urgently. He stood up, mouth never leaving hers as he pushed forwards, forcing her to lie back. She cupped his face in her hands as she kissed him desperately. He moved his hands down her body, squeezing her breasts, pinching her nipples and lightly scratching her sides. He pulled away so he could gaze down at her body under his. He felt himself get harder as he watched her breasts heave and he looked down to her lower bindings. He ripped them off and kissed her navel with an open mouth.

Katara could swear his tongue would leave scorch marks down her body but she didn’t care. He moved down her body and pushed his tongue between her folds, licking directly over her clit. Katara mewled at that, her whole lower body spasming. Zuko grabbed her thighs, locking them down as he rubbed circles into her skin that threatened to drive Katara out of her mind. She moaned breathlessly in time with her breathing, her head lolling back onto the pillows. She looked at the sky above them and suddenly felt a thrill. She turned her head to look around, fully realising what they were doing and where they were doing it. She pressed her lips together to quieten her moans, fisting the couch pillows in her hands above her head.

Zuko gave one last lick to her centre, tongue teasing her entrance, making her whine, before he moved his head back to above hers. He noticed how she was biting down on her plump lower lip, clearly in an effort to stifle her noises. He chuckled lowly and bent his head so he could whisper in her ear. “Don’t hide those gorgeous sounds from me.”

He grabbed her butt cheeks, spreading them apart slightly and she gasped. “That’s more like it,” he smirked.

He knelt up so he could position himself at her entrance. She was so wet and ready for him. He leant over her, supporting himself up by his arms either side of her head and he thrusted into her. A strangled sound came from her throat as he sheathed himself inside of her tight heat. He pulled out and moved back in again. She kissed him fiercely and he pinned one of her hands beside her head, lacing his fingers with hers. He grabbed her hip and fucked into her faster. She felt her insides trembling around him.

“Zu-Zuko-ah!”

He leant down, capturing her bouncing nipple in his mouth. Katara moaned, head falling to the side, her entire body at his mercy. She could feel her climax building up and up and up until she felt like every vein in her body down to the tips of her fingers was on fire. She suddenly came, a wave of ecstasy flooding her whole body as she shook in his arms. Zuko finished too with a shout of release ripping from his throat. He fell on top of her, cradling her in his arms. Her legs tangled with his and she shuddered, tensing up as an aftershock hit her before relaxing back on the pillows. He lifted his head from her chest and moved up so he could look straight down at her. Her hair was a complete mess across the cushions, one of her hands resting in the nest of chocolate curls. She opened her eyes to look at him and beamed. She looked around and started laughing.

Zuko started laughing too. “We just did it on the balcony!” she said, giggling.

“Yes we did,” he responded, chuckling, brushing a hair away from her face as he looked lovingly down at her.

“I love you,” he said. He couldn’t get enough of saying it now, and knew he’d say it every day to her for the rest of his life.

“I love you too,” she said. “So, so much.”

 

***

Iroh walked in the private palace gardens smiling to himself. He was certain that Zuko and Katara were perfect for each other and he was so proud of his nephew for defending Katara in the way he had. He sighed wistfully at young love, remembering fondly the times he had spent with his waterbender in his youth.

Suddenly something fell from the sky and landed on the path in front of him. He walked over to it and stooped down.

How odd, he thought, this looks like one of Zuko’s tunics…

He stopped, eyes going wide as he realised whose balcony happened to be at the top of the building where he stood, and laughed loudly, his belly shaking with uncontrolled mirth. Clearly Zuko was very like he had been when he was younger.

He stifled his amusement and picked up the tunic, quickly returning into the palace, leaving the crazy love birds to it.

Notes:

The end!

Thank you so so much everyone for reading this, I've been overwhelmed by the number of comments and reads and I'm so amazed that you have enjoyed reading my writing! Thank you so much!

I have MANY other fics in the works including a bunch of one-shots coming out over the next few weeks, a fic similar to this but set in the South Pole AND a GIANT adventure romance fic I'm working on!

If you'd like to keep up to date on my work PLEASE subscribe to my author page :)

Hit kudos to let me know if you've enjoyed the story and comment for any feedback, this is my first long story so I'd love to hear what you think!

Also, again want to give a shout out to JoyDragon who beta-ed this work for me, go check them out!

Thank you and I hope to hear from you all on other fics soon!