Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of Family Bond
Collections:
Irondad Creators Awards 2021 - Nominations, Amazing never forget, Peter Parker's Bio Parents, MCU Alternate Universes, 55mylistoffavorites, Mafia!Tony Stark Fics That I’ve Read, Irondad Creators Awards 2022, Best fluff and Angst, Irondad Creator Awards 2023
Stats:
Published:
2021-01-22
Completed:
2021-05-07
Words:
74,375
Chapters:
31/31
Comments:
1,361
Kudos:
3,242
Bookmarks:
738
Hits:
108,039

The Ties That Bind Us

Summary:

Peter Parker is ordinary high school student, living alone in apartment in Queens. He doesn’t see his parents very often due to their work. However, his life turns upside-down when Tony Stark, the most feared and powerful man in New York, gives an order to kidnap him to use him as leverage against his parents to get one of his people back. Parker luck strikes in the worst possible moments, events from the past surface and secrets are revealed, changing everybody’s lives.

 Now Tony needs to learn how to be a dad. What will Peter do once he learns the truth of his true parentage?

 

[Complete]

🚧 currently under construction 🚧
(some light editing to catch errors)

Number of edited chapters - 14

Notes:

Alright, this story wouldn’t leave my mind until I wrote it down, so here I am. I’m really excited about this (and one certain tag I'll add later) and I hope you’ll enjoy this little story. Thank you for reading and see you next Friday.

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Chapter Text

With one last pull, the blinds closed, cutting off the sunlight from the outside, plunging the room into dimness. A pity, really. It was a nice summer day after all. Though Tony didn’t understand why the blinds were closed in the first place; the compound was practically impossible to get into. There was no way somebody would be able to sneak here, especially past Friday or Happy. And even if by some miracle someone did, the unfortunate person wouldn’t be able to leave. Not on their own… or in one piece.

Maybe the team just liked the theatrics.

Tony sat at the head of the table, as the head of Stark family should. To his right sat Rhodey, his right hand and best friend, Clint and Natasha. To his left sat Steve, Bucky and Sam. Pepper, the face of the official business, his tech company, was not present today. For this meeting, she was not needed, which she was happy about.

“Alright, let’s begin,” Tony clasped his hands together. This was one of the rare occasions he was taking the meeting seriously. Or at least was trying to. He nodded to Rhodey.

“Stane was caught by Shield,” he said, not beating around the bush. He opened his folder, pulling out various papers and photographs. He moved two of those forward for others to see. One was taken as Stane was being shoved in cuffs in the back of a car. The other one was a bit blurry, but Stane sitting behind bars was recognizable. “My sources told me he hasn’t said a word. Yet.”

“And if he knows what’s good for him, it will stay that way,” Bucky muttered under his breath.

Over the years since Howard died, Tony began to distance himself from the man, bit by bit. Tony was nothing like his father. Stane ignored that. Howard took over the little gang that was started by Tony’s grandfather and transformed it into something bigger. But Tony accomplished something both of the men could only dream about. The whole city was his. If Tony was to rule the same way his father did, they would have never got to the top.

If it wasn’t for the fact that Stane had some important intel and secrets that would get all of them in prison, Tony would’ve left him to Shield.

Two more photos were placed on the table; this time of a man and a woman. “Richard and Mary Parker. Married couple and the ones handling Stane. They’re right below Fury.”

The pictures were passed around, some members of Tony’s inner circle burning the faces into their minds.

“Stane is set to be transported to the Raft in less than three weeks, where he will be held and questioned further. Needless to say, it will be next to impossible to get him out once he’s there.” Rhodey placed plans of the high security prison next to the pictures. He was right. Even with inside help, the chance of escaping from there are slim.

“So, what’s the plan?” Natasha crossed her arms over her chest. “Do we break him out of the Shield facility before they send him away?”

“Wouldn’t that blow the cover of out moles?” Steve asked.

“Do we have something on the Parkers?” Bucky joined in.

Clint shook his head. “Everything that there is to know about them is already known. Nothing useful, really.”

Tony rolled his eyes. “Come on, let the guy speak.” Truth be told, even the head of the most famous crime family himself was curious what Rhodey found out. He didn’t exactly share, but he promised whatever he found will be useful. Tony didn’t like not knowing things in his own house. This wouldn’t fly if it was anyone else.

The room fell silent, the only sound filling it was rustling of the papers. Rhodey pulled out one last photograph and placed it on top of the plans, near the pictures of the agents.

This one caught everyone’s attention. They leaned forward in to see better, confusion reflecting on their faces. It was a picture of a teenage boy with brown curly hair and brown eyes. There was a resemblance.

“Rhodey, you clever bastard,” Tony grinned as the pieces clicked together.

The right-hand man briefly returned the grin before putting on more serious face again. “It turns out there was one thing unknown about them.”

Tony could see how the pieces clicked in others’ minds too.

“This is Peter Parker. Their son.”

The statement cemented the suspicion.

“Oh, man, how did you find this?” Sam asked in awe as he grinned.

“It was by accident, actually,” Rhodey admitted. “His existence is, or was, very well hidden. They’re not in contact very often and they rarely see each other in person. Since he was little, Peter was staying with his aunt and uncle until they died in a car crash one and a half years ago. Since then, he lives alone in apartment in Queens.”

Clint’s head tilted to the side. “Hold on, by accident, you mean that someone overheard them talking about him or something?”

Rhodey inhaled and placed his hands on the table. “Basically? Yes.”

“Idiots,” Tony gave the pictures of two agents kind of disgusted look as he rolled his eyes, though he can’t complain. Their slip-up will serve Tony well.

His remark was met with series of nods.

“Apparently, they were supposed to go visit him later this week. One of our moles overheard them talking with Fury about postponing the visit because of the whole Stane situation. They didn’t seem very bothered, but that’s beside the point. The boy attends Midtown School of Science and Technology.”

School reports and other various lists were passed around. Tony had to admit, the boy was smart. All straight A’s, their Decathlon team won the nationals... Not to mention he looked naïve and innocent, exact opposite of his parents. He wondered if the teen knew what his parents were doing.

Rhodey pulled out last stacks of papers and passed it to others. “I went ahead and took a courtesy of tracking his routine. Despite being summer break, Midtown offers various courses, morning or afternoon, for its students for extra credit. The last course ends this Thursday to allow the students at least some break. Peter attends this course. There’s a maid coming to his apartment every Monday and Thursday as well to clean the place. The route he takes home is on the paper.”

“Nobody would suspect police officer to be the one to follow a kid, eh, officer Rhodes?” Sam teased from the other side.

This is why Rhodey was Tony’s right hand. To gather this amount of information in such short timespan took skill.

Natasha put down the paper with information about Peter. “We could use him as a leverage against Parkers to get Stane back.”

All eyes turned to Tony.

“So, we kidnap the kid,” Tony said matter-of-factly, “it can’t be that hard. How old is he anyway? Twelve?”

“He’ll be fifteen soon, actually,” Rhodey added.

“Never mind. Barnes, when would be the best time to retrieve the kid?” Tony turned to the man with metal arm.

“Hold on, a kid?” Steve jumped in just as Bucky opened his mouth, a rare look of discomfort on his face. “Are we really going to drag a kid into this? Isn’t that low even for us?”

Tony had to fight back a snort. Steve had no problem with beating someone to death with his own hands, yet he was uncomfortable at the involvement of the boy. The man was old-school. “Don’t worry, no harm will come to him if you do your job correctly and he behaves,” Tony said before nodding to Bucky to continue.

“Thursday after school, best in his apartment.” Bucky’s eyes roamed around the tiny picture of Peter on the paper, clearly taken by security camera, walking from school with another boy and a girl. “It’s risky to do it in public.”

“Fine by me,” Tony said without missing a beat. “You and Barton are in charge of getting the kid. Bring him to the lake house. Rogers and Romanov, you will keep an eye on him there.”

Sam’s eyebrows furrowed. “Are you really going to put one of our strongest guys and best assassins to babysit some kid? I think we can just get him a juice box, lock him up somewhere and he’ll be fine.”

“Wilson, did you even read what was on the paper?” Tony moved his eyes to the man. “The kid’s attending one of the best high schools and by the looks of it, he’s passing with ease. For Christ’s sake, he’s even taking extra courses!” his arms flew up. “He’s smart. It would be best not to underestimate him.”

“Alright, jeez, don’t get your panties in a twist,” Sam grumbled under his breath.

“My underwear is worth more than your whole attire. You take two paychecks. Seriously, get some decent clothes.” Chuckles filled the room, making Sam pout at the table.

"Just because it's not tailored with gold threads to fit my ass doesn't mean it's not decent," he grumbled, making the team ooh at the roast. 

“But back to the point. You two,” Tony pointed to Bucky and Clint, “make a plan. Get what you need and if you need anything else, let me know. And you two,” he said to Steve and Natasha, “you can go get the house ready. And Wilson, you go back undercover. I know we have moles in Shield, but I prefer to have extra pair of eyes I trust out there.”

Tony took ahold of Peter’s picture, studying the boy’s face. This will be interesting. “I believe three days is enough for all of you to prepare. Dismissed.”

The people rose from their chairs and put away the papers they received. Rhodey reached for the scattered papers to put them back in the folder. Before he could take the two remaining photos away, Tony took the one of the woman and held it next to the boy’s.

Strange. Something about the woman seemed familiar. It wasn’t like Tony didn’t know her face or who she was. But now, looking closer… His eyes narrowed slightly, as if trying to intimidate the picture into giving him the answer. He gave up not too long after. Maybe she just resembled someone from his wild years, before he settled down with Pepper. Yes, he’d met plenty of women before. That must be it.

Tony took one last glance at Peter’s face, then put down the photos and stretched his limbs with low groan.

“You’ll ruin you suit,” Rhodey joked.

The joke was met with eye-roll. “Honeybear, I paid hefty sum for this suit. I would be very disappointed if the quality was something less than top-notch. And I would have the tailor’s head.”

Rhodey laughed. “I wouldn’t expect any less. Do you want to get some coffee? I’ve got some other things that could be of interest.”

Ah, coffee, Tony’s weakness. Rhodey knew he would never decline that offer. And something of interest? Even better! “Sure,” he said before irritation took control of his face. The room was still dim. “And somebody open the damn blinds!” he called out after the retreating group.