Actions

Work Header

I’ve been waiting for you

Summary:

Almost everybody had 2 soulmates. That almost everybody included Anthony Edward Stark.

If you didn’t have two soulmates you hopefully had 1. If you had none, life definitely had its downsides, but that didn’t mean it was meaningless.

For the longest time Tony thought he had only been blessed with one soulmate because it took until he was 31 for his mark to light up with beautiful colors.

Everyone had a soulmark for each of their soulmates. Your romantic soul mark was on your left wrist and your platonic soulmate on your right. Tony’s left wrist had always had color on his mark for as long as he could remember.

 

This is a platonic soulmate fic between Peter and Tony! Please enjoy

Notes:

This is the first chapter! I will update hopefully about once every week and I don’t know how long this fic will be but I am going to try and go through the whole MCU starting at Iron Man 2 sooo ya! Watch for update and kudos and comments are always appreciated! <3 3,000

This chapter is focused mostly on Tony and Pepper, but believe me the rest of the fic will be a lot about Tony and Peter.

This chapter is also shorter than my other ones will be but it is also just a starting out chapter. Hopefully the other ones will be much longer.

Chapter 1: How can you miss someone you never met?

Chapter Text

Almost everybody had 2 soulmates. That almost everybody included Anthony Edward Stark.

If you didn’t have two soulmates you hopefully had 1. If you had none, life definitely had its downsides, but that didn’t mean it was meaningless.

For the longest time Tony thought he had only been blessed with one soulmate because it took until he was 31 for his mark to light up with beautiful colors.

Everyone had a soulmark for each of their soulmates. Your romantic soul mark was on your left wrist and your platonic soulmate on your right. Tony’s left wrist had always had color on his mark for as long as he could remember.

His romantic soul mark was a doodle of a heart that looked as if a child had drawn it and it was outlined in gold and red. His mom said that it’s color came around when he was about 3 years old. That means his soulmate was about 3 years younger than him.

His soul mark on his right wrist was what Tony thought was a different type of star but also kind of like a spider web. It was a peculiar shape with lines protruding it in every which way. For 30 years of Tony’s life, this mark was black, but Tony remembered the day it became colored very vividly.

On August 10 2001, Tony was sitting on the couch next to Pepper and at about 6 o’clock in the evening, it’s color came to life. The black lines became red and blue with a tiny bit of gold and black in other spots.

Tony immediately showed Pepper and she gave him a big hug and congratulations on his other soulmate coming into the world.

Pepper and Tony had been dating for a while at this point. Tony was interviewing people for his assistant when he was coming back to Stark Industries. She was the fourth candidate for him and they had set up a meeting for the interview. Tony could remember every second of the hour he met her for the first time.

It was about 2:30 pm on a Tuesday in May 2000. Tony was sitting in his office, the big window behind him. A scotch was sitting next to his keyboard, and he was going through the files for the next terrible device he was to design.

There was a knock on the door and it was opened to show a Happy.

‘Hey boss, there is a Ms.Potts here for a meeting?’

‘Yes Hap, send her in.’ Tony nodded. He set the documents aside and closed out of his files on his computer. He took another sip of the scotch and let it burn his throat slightly. It was only a few minutes before a young woman was walking through the door.

The young lady before Tony gave him a huge rush of serotonin just looking at her. All the colors in the room became a little bit brighter. It took some out of him to not just let out a randomly happy laugh.

Tony took a good look at the woman. She had long strawberry blonde hair and bright blue eyes. She had a ridiculously big and beautiful in Tony’s opinion smile on her face. She had a light pink button up shirt on with a white pencil skirt. Her sleeves were rolled back to her elbows and she was holding a folder and she had a brown long strap leather purse hanging around her shoulder.

She walked into the room and continued to keep having a giant smile on her face. Tony stood up and leaned over the desk to shake her hand.

She walked forward and took his hand. When Tony felt it was like a million fireworks with happiness going off in his body. He could only hope she felt the same.

They sat down and Tony asked all the same questions he asked the other women, but with Pepper he asked with more perseverance. Over the time of the interview Peppers smile grew the tiniest bit and her cheeks began to turn a tinge pink.

At the end of the meeting the two stood up and Tony offered to walk her outside. Pepper being Pepper and obviously realizing she was meeting her soulmate without mentioning said yes. They walked casually outside where the California sun was beating down. They walked to her low graded car.

‘This is where we part Mr.Stark.’

‘I guess it is.’

Pepper moved to get in the car and leave, until Tony spoke up.

‘Are you free Friday night?’

She smiled and nodded. ‘Yes I am, will that be all Mr.Stark.’

He nodded too and gave her a sweet smile. ‘Yes that will be all Ms.Potts.’

With that she pulled out of the parking lot.

Tony’s heart turned into the butterflies as he walked back in the building. It was difficult for him to get work done that week until he had his date with Pepper. Obadiah grilled him about needing to pick his assistant and getting the new designs ready but Tony didn’t care.

Ever since that Friday in May they’ve been dating. They already knew each other like the back of their hands and Pepper was also now working for him. They were best friends. They lived together and spent as much time as possible.

They planned on getting married very soon and they had their date set for the end of the month on August 27. The wedding was going to be very small with a few select people from each side of their families. Pepper's ring was simple which was exactly how she wanted it.

The day came fast and both bride and groom were nervous but in the end when they signed the paperwork it was like a million butterflies were released in his nervous system and he thought it was impossible to be happier.

That was how it was for Pepper, when his other soulmate came into his life that might be a whole different story. Tony would just have to wait and see how life plays out for him until he meets this person.

This kid.