Actions

Work Header

Our Little Secret

Chapter 2: Private Scheming

Summary:

Sneaking around leaves Brienne red in the face and Jaime blue below the waist. Secret dating is fun, except when it isn't.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Brienne inhaled sharply. She did not know how to reconcile Jaime Lannister, her father’s beautiful business partner, wanting to be with her. But here he was, standing in her space, holding her close, raising up to pull her bottom lip in between his.

He licked his lips and kissed her mouth, lightly at first, without seeking entry. When she returned the contact, he became more firm and used his tongue to coax hers open. Soon their kisses became more involved. Brienne tried to reciprocate Jaime’s moves, sucking and exploring his mouth with her tongue, wanting to remember how he felt and tasted in her mouth, telling herself to breathe through her nose and stop thinking so much.

She didn’t want the moment to end, wanting to do little more than kiss him. She had not been those close to a man, hadn't wanted to, and the reality of it was intoxicating.

It felt like whole bottom half of her face was tingling when they finally broke apart and she wished for that to last, too. Jaime pecked all around her mouth between words.

“I wasn’t expecting to tell you how I feel. I’m not prepared. No condoms. There are other things …”

“I’m on birth control,” she cut him off. His face clouded in a range of surprise, relief and seemed troubled by her answer. “From college. Just in case. But I’ve never …”

He pulled her closer. She could feel the hard length of him on her hip. Jaime kissed her cheek and whispered in her ear. “I haven’t been with anyone in years. No STDs. If you’re sure …?”

She nodded. This was unexpected, yes, but Brienne felt comfortable with Jaime. The way he held her, tenderly but with such strength. The way he kissed her. She didn’t think she’d ever be in the position but she was happy it was with Jaime.

“What about your hand?” she asked as he fumbled to remove her clothes. “I can hardly feel it,” Jaime said with a smirk. “If it hurts, it will be worth it. I have another hand.”

Brienne unbuttoned his shirt and helped ease that sleeve off his hand. He pulled down her panties, stroking the sides of her legs and slowing kissing his way back up. He alternated sides, pecking and licking his way back up. Brienne thought he might stop at her crotch, but he only hesitated, breathing her in and making a soft noise in his throat.

Jaime proceeded to kiss and lick up her body, paying attention to her navel, her evident abs and the underside of each breast. She wanted him to stop there and grasped his head to her chest. But he kept coming up, finding his words again as he stood upright and she helped him unbutton and upzip his dress pants.

“I want to kiss every freckle with my lips.”

He kissed her mouth.

“My tongue.”

He kissed up her jaw to her ear.

“My hands.”

Brienne thought she might cry. She took deep breaths, running her hands along Jaime’s toned arms, his neck, his chest, hoping she was encouraging him to continue.

“I’ll be so good to you,” he choked. “I’ll make you feel so good.”

Brienne held his face and looked into his eyes. “I know you will.”

They crashed into each other. Hands everywhere. Jaime managed to pull back the comforter and top sheet and keep a hand on her. They knelt in front of each other, Jaime kissing her neck with his right hand in the small of her back and his left squeezing a breast, his thumb running back and forth over the nipple.

Brienne felt like her skin was electrified. She couldn’t stifle her whimpers and bursts of pleasure. She cried out his name. She kept telling herself to breathe and follow his lead, kissing wherever she could reach. His shoulder. His neck. She thought of how she wanted to massage his chest, lick her way from his nipples to his navel and back, make him crazy like he was doing to her. Everything seemed to be moving too fast.

She slowly trailed one hand down his stomach and reached for his erection. He jerked and grunted, but she ran her fingers down to the head. She could feel the veins and wet tip. She was soaking, she knew and moved to guide him into her.

Jaime grabbed her hand and used his chin to nudge her onto her back. He held both hands over their heads and settled himself on top of her. Brienne felt every inch of him covering her and reveled in his weight on her body. She squirmed until she felt him fit between her legs. They looked in each other’s eyes as she nodded and spread out for him.

Jaime pushed in slowly and they both gasped. He pulled out slightly and kept up the tentative thrusting, whispering to Brienne to relax and finally reaching down to pull her right leg up around his hip. That helped and then her was fully inside her. Brienne expected pain, but it passed quickly, something else she would be mystified about later.

She felt herself pulling him in further. Her walls constricted and Jaime cried out. Bursts of “Yes!” and “Brienne!” proceeded him moving with her like waves on the shore.

Brienne couldn’t speak. She wanted to say she was close. She wanted to say “more” and “Jaime.” She held him tight, gripping his back and savoring the feel of his stomach and chest moving against hers.

And then she convulsed. She felt as though she had turned to lava. Every part of her throbbed, but especially her cunt. Jaime jerked inside her, again and again. Brienne felt tears running down her face from the elation. She was overwhelmed in the best way and wrapped both legs behind Jaime’s ass to hold him in.

He opened his eyes to meet hers and they smiled. They slowing came down from the high, kissing and caressing. Eventually he pulled out and Brienne felt spent. Jaime laid on his side, one leg flush with others, the other wrapped over her. He propped up on an elbow and stroked her face with the other.

“You’re amazing,” he said. “How do you feel?”

Brienne didn’t have a word for how she felt. Her smile widened. “Incredible. Shaken. In need of a bath.”

Jaime smiled broadly. “That we can do.”

#

It would have been more favorable to tell Selwyn upon their return that they wanted to be together. Jaime debated about what he would say or if he should have Brienne tell her father she was not only interested in an older man, it was his hand-picked business partner. Maybe it would be best to tell him together?

But when they got back, Selwyn’s back was not only still stiff and sore, he was distressed about part of a cave entrance falling and not being able to go see it. No one was injured, but the opening needed to be secured and Jaime and Brienne needed to oversee that in his stead.

Until he was stronger, they decided to wait. The company was in a bit of crises mode and they were forced to snap out of their blissful state and maintain professionalism. Then there was the budget to work on and they decided getting through Jaime’s first year would be safer.

Keeping everyone unaware of their relationship became a sort of game. Publicly, it was business as usual. Jaime was impressed at Brienne’s poker face. She was so good – giving him a dubious eyebrow raise when he cracked a joke in a meeting and shooing him out of her office so could concentrate – he almost wondered if she was still mad at him for teasing about having a secret hot young girlfriend. Joking that she had daddy issues earned him a scowl and being denied post-coital shower access.

Then he winked at her in the hallway and her face flushed, a small smile on her lips and he was reassured. Privately, they were a team and he lived for those breaks.

He didn’t know Brienne had it in her to quickly palm one of his butt cheeks as others walked out of the conference room in front of them. He found himself taken by surprise almost daily as she found an excuse to touch his elbow, go to pick lint off his collar and pat his collarbone or slyly run her hand across his lower back the moment before her father rounded the corner into Jaime’s office. It was an exquisite kind of torture.

Jaime got her back by sending filthy texts when he knew she was in conference calls, complete with eggplant, peach and honey emojis. Only he could tell when her cheeks pinked before she covered them with her hands, feigning frustration at a piece of information. He reached out to run his finger along the inside of her wrist as they walked past each other, never breaking stride. He stuck his tongue out salaciously behind Selwyn’s back when no one else could see.

Being out of town was its own kind of torture. On occasions Jaime was gone, they relied on cell phone communications and talked about how they ached for one another. He convinced her to describe all the ways she was going to use her tongue on him when he came back and he moaned her name as he took himself in hand. It was amazing to Jaime how addicted he felt to her touch. Her eyes drew him in like a magnet and he had to work extra hard not to look directly at her in Selwyn’s presence.

Since Brienne still lived at home, spending the night at each other’s place was not an option. They did start spending more time together. Selwyn wouldn’t be suspicious of them going for runs together before work as they were both dedicated to their fitness. He didn’t know their reddened faces wasn’t totally from the exertion of running but the fevered making out they did in a secluded spot, hidden by trees, dunes or one time a tube slide at a park playground.

It wasn’t so unusual that they would be interested in seeing the same movie, a convenient excuse to escape the pressures of the job. Selwyn seemed pleased they were getting along better after the convention and smiled when Brienne said she would be home late. He didn’t wait up, so he didn’t see his daughter’s swollen lips and undone hair, the product of Jaime’s kisses and hand running through previously coiffed ‘do throughout the movie. She let it grow out a little so she could easily pull it into a ponytail when necessary.

Selwyn was so preoccupied that if he thought to ask how the movie was, he accepted Brienne’s brief assessment that it was “good” or “loud” or “interesting”, not knowing that she was remembering the action in Jaime’s car afterward and not the story on the screen.

Brienne told Selwyn she was going to pick up ice cream one night and Jaime met her in the store parking lot. He parked away from the entrance so they wouldn’t be seen when she pulled in next to his car. He moved casually from his driver’s seat to her passenger’s, smoothly leaning over the middle console to feast on her lips.

“I nearly came in pants twice today thanks to you,” Jaime growled when they broke apart. Brienne yanked him back to her by the lapels of his shirt. For someone as young and inexperienced as she had been, Brienne learned quickly. She always made him feel wanted. It was exhilarating, for both of them. While she had confided that she never thought anyone would want her, Jaime told her in words and actions that he had never felt so loved or loved so deeply.

That admission, and the many “I love yous” and orgasms at his place while Selwyn was hours away, on an overnight stay with acupuncture therapy sessions schedule for the evening and next morning. The isolated incident only strengthened their resolve to inform the patriarch as soon as possible. Jaime counted down the days to his one-year mark.

“I can only tell him I debated on which flavors to choose for so long,” Brienne said, gasping for breath as she leaned her head back to give Jaime access to her neck.

“I hope you brought a jacket to cover the bruise I’m going to leave on your neck,” he warned before he lightly sank his teeth into the crook of her neck, sucking her skin and moving his hand to cup the inside of a thigh.

Brienne moaned "a hoodie," and humored him for a moment, trying to memorize the feel of his beard scratching her skin and not the growing arousal in her sweatpants. It would be so easy to let Jaime reach his hand into her waistband and get her off with his fingers. But there was no time. Reluctantly, she raked her fingers through his hair and pulled him back gently, tilting her head to kiss his face. He groaned.

“Please tell me chocolate brownie ice cream is the way to his heart and you’re going to tell him you’re wildly in love with me between bites,” Jaime pleaded. “No one can be unhappy eating ice cream."

Brienne smiled patiently, something that Jaime could not get enough of and planted quick kisses all over his face between words. “I. Am. Madly. In. Love. With. You. Muah! And his favorite is coffee with toffee chips. I thought you were going to broach the subject next week over drinks at his favorite pub. Boys night out to toast your successful first year at Tarth Marble.”

“I am, I am,” Jaime grumbled. “It’s too far away.”

“We’ve come too far to let it blow up in your supermodel-like face now,” Brienne answered, appeasing her satisfied secret boyfriend. “Come on. Help me pick out a couple pints.”

#

Later that night, Brienne was curled up on an end of the couch with a book while Selwyn sat in his recliner watching an old black and white movie and sipping whiskey.

“Brienne?” he said as the credits rolled. “You like Jaime don’t you?”

Brienne took a deep breath. Where was this going? “Yes,” she said slowly. “He cares about the company. He’s energized the clients and brought fresh ideas. He’s been a good partner for you, better than I could have imagined.”

“What about you?” her father asked.

Brienne narrowed her eyes and pursed her lips. “What about me?”

“You two have spent some time together. Would you date him?”

Brienne was speechless. Had Selwyn guessed? Was this a trick?

“D-date your business partner? That seems icky, doesn’t it? Like, nepotism or something?”

Selwyn scoffed. “It’s not playing favorites or any other conflict of interest,” he said. “I was just thinking you handled the Tully account so well together. I swear, if I go looking for him, he’s in your office. And I’ve never seen you enjoy anyone else’s company like you do Jaime's. When I see standing near each other, you even look good together. He gifted me that stunning picture of you. You’ve not posed like that for any other photographer.” Selwyn gestured with his hand, kind of a half shrug. “I was just wondering if you’d be interested. It would be ok with me.”

Brienne didn’t know what to say. It was possible Selwyn was fishing for the truth, but he seemed genuine. He didn’t care about Jaime’s age or his position in the company. He was giving her the blessing Jaime had been aching to ask for. Brienne decided to tread carefully.

“Actually, he has asked to go out,” Brienne lied. “I thought it was under the guise of talking business at first, but he seems disappointed when I say I don’t think that’s a good idea. You know my history of judging people’s actual intentions isn’t stellar.”

Selwyn’s eyes widened. “Jaime would never!”

“No, he wouldn’t,” Brienne said, rushing to defend him. “I know that. I think he would like to ask me out, actually and it’s tempting, but I was unsure. I was worried about your reaction.”

“Oh, starshine,” Selwyn said. “If you think you can stand to see more of each other outside the office, go for it! I would be happy to see you happy. Jaime is a fine man. I think he would treat you right.”

Brienne smiled and reached for her father’s hand, her eyes misting. “I think so, too. I just, I don’t want to jeopardize the company. I don’t want things to be weird.”

“You worry too much,” Selwyn said, patting her hand. “You are a strong, capable woman. I’m so proud of you. I know you approach everything so responsibly. Live a little.”

Brienne wiped her eye, which was threatening to drop a tear. “Thanks, dad. He’s a little old-fashioned, though.” She straightened and donned a serious expression, trying to imitate a formal gentleman. “Proper and traditional.” She relaxed her broad shoulders again. “He cares about your opinion. I think he’d want your blessing, too, before he actually approached me with such an overt proposal as dating. Let him come to you, ok?”

Selwyn smiled and nodded, patting her hand. “It’ll be our little secret.”

Notes:

Reading smutty J/B scenarios is clearly harder than all you geniuses make it look! I just wanted to contribute to the cause. I am clearly out of my element. I thought too much about the story and let the work hours of two jobs keep me from developing it in print. I hope it’s better late than never!
I was most interested in this prompt but am too unpracticed with fiction writing to write a cute little one-shot. In my mind, I needed to explain too much, set the scene. I struggled with achieving a playful tone and fleshing out things like appearances. I toyed with the idea of Selwyn knowing about their secret and just letting them continue to see what would happen, but ultimately decided to let them be that convincing. I hope you’re not too disappointed, especially @downlookingup! My absolute admiration for all of you who weave more smoothly-flowing stories. You are brilliant and I appreciate you so very much.