Actions

Work Header

Just People

Summary:

Wet strands of blonde, green, and brown hair dripped on the back of the dark green sectional. All eyes were on the first horror movie of their month-long October marathon. A muscular arm stretched across the back of the couch with its hand tangled in a mess of green. Deku curled up into the crook of his boyfriends arm. Katsuki leaned down and kissed his head as he eyed the brunette next to him on the couch. Her phone buzzed AGAIN. He had never noticed her ever being on the phone this much before.

Or: Bakugou and his boyfriend Deku have been in an "undefined" sexual relationship with the girl next door for a year and a half and everything is starting to change.

 

[STORY IS ON HIATUS.]

Notes:

Virgin fic writer here! Open to ideas and gently worded criticism (if that exists).

This is one of those storylines that you create in your head before falling asleep, just taking a shot at putting in on paper...or in this case I'm putting it into text!

The first chapter is on the short side but I think I have what I need in there. Third person narration. Mostly focused behind my OC Hana. Definitely in an AU. I'm going to introduce a character in the 3rd chapter and write him in a way that is going to rip us away from anything remotely canon but I will clarify it in the notes when we get there!!

It's going to be a really good slow burn. Lots of chapters and I hope to update weekly. I'm really doing this for fun and to get some ideas out.

Enjoy :)

Chapter Text

Wet strands of blonde, green, and brown hair dripped on the back of the dark green sectional. All eyes were on the first movie of their October Horror Fest Marathon. A muscular arm tangled its hand in a green mop of curls where it rested against his left shoulder. Katsuki leaned down and kissed Izuku's head as he eyed the brunette to his right. Her phone buzzed AGAIN. He hadn't noticed her being on the phone this much before. Long brown curls shifted to cover her face as she responded to a text, slightly angling away from the two boys.

Katsuki, feeling ignored, gently grabbed the small girls arm and pulled her into his shoulder. She let out a small giggle as she gave in and curled up to Katsuki’s right side after she placed her phone on the coffee table face down. She had her head resting on his chest, snuggling into his warmth.

Katsuki traced his fingers along the side of her neck. Releasing a tingle that ran the entire length of the girl’s spine. Her thoughts drifted back to thirty minutes ago when all three of them were in bed. Katsuki had one hand wrapped around her throat as he pumped deeper between her legs. His cock stroking the spot that always made her vision get blurry and her moans get louder. Never letting her close her eyes. He needed her golden ones to look directly into his, he needed to know that it was him turning her into a wet mess beneath him. This was his new thing, up until a few months ago he used to have her flipped over, releasing her moans into the mattress. Things change and she was happy to be able to watch Katsuki destroy her. In her periphery she could see Izuku, beads of sweat dropped from his forehead onto the blondes back as he worked hard to thrust his dick deeply into his boyfriend. Stretching him wide. Although Hana put on a good show, none of it within the realm of faking, Katsuki’s moans and growls were always deeper and louder than hers.

Katsuki stopped stroking her neck and tucked his arm tightly around the girls side, breaking her out of her wet daydream.

She looked up at the spikey blonde and his red orbs met her honey-colored ones.

“Is Izu not giving you enough attention already?” She joked.

“You seemed a little too cuddly with your phone, Hana.” Scoffed Katsuki, hinting at a slight bit of jealousy. Just hearing him say her name sent that jolt up her spine again, it always did. Even after a year and a half of hearing it. Her thoughts were broken as her phone buzzed again...and then again a few seconds later.

“Oooo is that him texting you?!” Izuku teased, popping up from the other side of the spiky haired blondes’ chest.

Realizing what he had done, he slapped his hand to his mouth. Hana stiffened. Katsuki tensed and sat forward, forcing the other two to sit upward with their own strength.

“Ohmygodimsosorryitjustslippedout.” Izuku blushed.

 

“ UM, him who??” Growled Katsuki, realizing the two had been keeping secrets from him. He peered over at Hana who quickly grabbed her phone off the coffee table.

 

Hana was still trying to pick her up jaw off of the floor. “Um…just a guy. Nothing serious.” Slowly working her way further from the two boys. As she did her phone buzzed again, this time Katsuki could tell it was a phone call kind of buzz instead of a texty one. His interest further peaking.

“What’s this fuckers name? Do we know him?” Katsuki spat. Spreading his glares evenly between Hana and his boyfriend.

“Kacchan, leave her alone! But Hana, seriously, are you still going on a date with him this weekend??” The greenette stood up from the couch, headed towards the kitchen.

Hana, without making eye contact with Katsuki answered “Ermm, yea. I picked up a shift tomorrow night so we are going on Saturday instead.”

“Are you going to tell me who this bastard is or not? And we promised to play pool with Shitty Hair Friday night! You’re bailing?” Katsuki hissed from where he still sat hunched over elbows on his knees, his hand rubbing over his chin.

“I think I am going to wait to tell you who it is until after. I just don’t know if it’s serious enough to get you worked up over it already. Especially if it doesn’t work out. It’s not like when I dated Shouto, you guys already knew you liked him. And I will notify Kiri of my horrible bailing on our pool night." Hana brought a dramatic hand to her heart and bowed theatrically. "I'm sure he could use some one on one time with his Bakubro anyway!”

“Tch. Whatever. Just be careful. We’ll let IcyHot know you’ll be out on the town with some new guy in case bullshit happens.” Kacchan growled. She really knows how to ruin a good night. We were all fucking fine and happy until Hana and Izu had to spoil it.

Hana smiled. Her phone still buzzing in her hands. “I don’t need a bodyguard on standby, Kats. I’ll be safe!" She paused before adding, "I can come over tomorrow to to finish the movie if you guys want to?"

Katsuki looked up from the floor and his glowing red eyes met Hana's. His scowl weakened a little.

" 'Tch." He leaned back with his arms crossed. His scowl weakened. "I mean yea, we'll be here. And this one is one of my favorites."

Hana smiled.

“I can’t wait to hear all about your date, Hana!” Squealed Izuku from behind the refrigerator door.

Shutting it, he turned and whispered “Don’t worry about Kacchan, he gets...protective."

Izuku looked down at the bottle of water in his hands and whispered even lower than before, "He knows we can’t keep you to ourselves forever."

Hana raised her eyebrows and looked at him questioningly. " Just be safe, okay?" Deku said, adding a wink at the end.

"Night guys!” She winked, giving one last soft smile to blonde on the couch, his scowl had return to its more furious degree, before shutting the door and crossing the breezeway to her apartment.

Chapter 2

Summary:

Whew, I was not ready for that. Damn Izu and his loose lips. I didn’t tell Kats because I knew he would find a way to convince me not to go. It wouldn’t take him five seconds to arrive at the perfect reason I shouldn’t. “He’s a fucking villain Hana!! He was one of the kidnappers that took me years ago. So what he was brainwashed into it?? What the fucking fuck of fuck are you fucking thinking!!” And he would be right and I would feel bad and call it off and happily stay a hidden third-wheel in an even happier relationship.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Or: Hana talks to our best girl Jirou about the recent changes in her "unlabeled relationship" and a tidbit is revealed about who she is going on a date with this Saturday.

***This chapter has been edited***

After this, I promise chaos is coming.

Chapter Text

Hana leaned heavily against the inside of her apartment door and let out a deep sigh.

Whew, I was not ready for that. Damn Izu and his loose lips. I didn’t tell Kats because I knew he would find a way to convince me not to go. It wouldn’t take him five seconds to arrive at the perfect reason I shouldn’t. “He’s a fucking villain Hana!! He was one of the kidnappers that took me years ago. So what he was brainwashed into it?? What the fucking fuck of fuck are you fucking thinking!!” And he would be right and I would feel bad and call it off and happily stay a hidden third-wheel in an even happier relationship.

Hana had started to feel the cold of being on the borders of someone else’s love. She didn’t know when she started feeling this way, or why, but it had at least been a few months.

Her phone started to ring. This time she was relieved to see it was Jirou, they had become fast friends after they were introduced almost two years ago. They had a lot in common: music, TV shows, and exquisite taste in men and women. She quickly answered, figuring Jirou could sense that she was having a crisis.

“Did you read my mind or can you hear me stressing from across town?” Hana whined into the phone.

Jirou’s laugh echoed through the speaker.

“No. I wasn’t picking up any stress signals with my jacks.”

Hana teased, “Damn I thought we were close enough for that! What’s up?”

“I got burned today in a fight. On my right forearm. Nothing bad, just superficial and ugly.” Jirou wasn’t usually one to complain, with her this burn could really be small or she might look like she grew a fried chicken wing.

“Shit! Were you trying to get a tan again?” Hana joked with her friend.

“Very funny, Hana. Not all of us were born with natural tan skin like you.” Jirou taunted. “I’m just trying to use up some of my best friend points! But what’s going on with you? Double boyfriend toil and trouble? Oh, hold that thought. Momo just got home.”

Hana heard Jirou asking her girlfriend how her day had been and then zoned out as the two had small talk back and forth…

Having a best friend that’s a healer has its perks and with most of Hana’s friends being pro-heroes there is hardly a day that goes by that she isn’t healing a burn or gash outside of the hospital. She doesn’t mind it though. Hana adores her friends and their choice of career. Most of them were met through Izu and Katsuki, but after meeting everyone she quickly found her place in the group. Besides battle wounds, Hana spent a lot of time healing their injuries that she couldn’t see from the outside. A lot of them came to her just to talk things through. She was calm, a good listener and open-minded. She had been through a lot growing up, working her way through college, and a very long gap year so it became second nature to her to never cast judgement. She never talked about her past much, so she was sort of a mystery, but never enough to be off putting.

Also, Hana didn't tell her best friend about her relationship with her pro-hero neighbors, and Jirou’s former classmates, the girl figured it out on her own. Hana wasn’t really surprised because of Jirou’s quirk. She is also pretty perceptive and her and the three of them weren’t always the best at hiding it in the beginning. She heard them from across the hall on their friend group’s annual Christmas trip to Momo’s family house in the mountains. Besides Jirou, none of their other friends knew about their situation---except for Shoto.

Shoto found out in in his own traumatizing way. He and Hana were dating at the time and him finding out ended their relationship. That was almost a year ago and the two of them had found their way back to friendship avenue. He agreed to keep their secret.

Jirou had waited until they had all gotten back to the city to confront Hana about it after catching…or more like hearing them in the act. Hana confirmed her suspicions and swore her to secrecy. Izuku and Katsuki don’t know that she knows, but they suspect. Jirou would never say anything to them about it unless they were to ask. She wasn’t a liar, but she did her best to honor Hana’s wishes.

“Okay, I’m back! Momo got into pretty rough shit with a villain today too and needed to talk about it. She’s in the shower now. What were we talking about?” Jirou settled herself back into the conversation.

“Oh, I was just agreeing to heal your fugly burn because I’m the best healer and friend that you have. But you owe me a new playlist.” Jirou laughed and Hana smiled through the phone before remembering the reason she was so happy to see Jirou’s name pop up on her phone. “Izu spilled the metaphorical beans about my date on Saturday.”

Hana groaned and she threw herself onto her couch.

“What?! Did he tell Bakugou who it is with?” Jirou squealed in response.

“No. And I didn’t elaborate.”

“Did he seem pissed?”

“Of course. But he also seemed…hurt. I mean he was angry in the beginning and then he just got quiet-ish...”

Jirou let out a sigh.

“Damn. I figured King Explosion Murder would have spontaneously combusted where he stood, not give you the silent treatment. Are you okay?”

“Yeah, the other times I have been out on dates with someone else it was always a little weird in the beginning. I guess it makes him question where we stand and how things might change.”

“But you guys have never even discussed where you stand! It makes no sense. Like are you a part of their relationship or are you guys just hooking up? All three of you are always together. You can tell that him and Izu care about you, but yet you guys have never put a name on this thing you’re doing. It’s weird and very confusing.”

Hana let what her friend said sink in for a minute.

Jirou broke the silence.

“And you have never asked them for some…clarification?”

“I…talked to Kats about it a couple times. I pretty much got the idea that Izu feels like eventually things will go back to normal when I get serious with someone else and we will all move on with our lives and live happily ever fucking after. He is super worried about what would happen if the media found out too.”

 

Hana winced at the idea of the whole world thinking she was just some sex doll for two heroes. Their relationship was more than just fantastic sex. They spent time together outside of the bedroom. The three had dinner and watched TV or played games together most nights of the week and saw each other every day on the weekend except Sunday when they had Hana enforced “date day”. Sunday’s Hana used the free time to hang out with her friends from the hospital or binge an entire season of something on Netflix. Which is a lot more relaxing to do without having to look at a meme or tiktok on someone’s phone every five minutes. She went with them to visit their parents, always as their best friend Hana, but that didn't bother her. They celebrate birthdays and every holiday together. Katsuki takes care of her when she overworks her quirk and gets sick. He loves to “mother hen” even though he would never admit it. Fuck it. She thought. She never cared what other people thought and that wasn’t changing now. If the world found out, she would survive.

Jirou chimed with her own thoughts.

“Yeah. I guess I get what Izuku is thinking. Being two openly bi-sexual pro-heroes in the Top Ten is one thing. Their ratings actually soared after they came out, especially because they did it together but asking the public to swallow the pill of open/poly relationships is a pretty big ask.” Jirou let a few seconds pass before adding,” but I guess that only answers how Izuku feels about it. What did Bakugou say?”

Hana felt a faint smile spread across her face.

Using her extra angsty Ground Zero voice she answered Jirou.

“He said he didn’t care what any extras thought. That it’s not their damn business and they can think whatever they want. It’s not going to keep him from becoming the number one hero or from being happy when he's not out there kicking ass…there may have being some extra fucks in there that I forgot about.” Hana and Jirou erupted into a laughing fit. “But that was months ago. Who knows what they are thinking now.”

“Don’t overthink it. It sounds to me like one out of two of your unofficial boyfriends are into it.”

Hana let out a sigh.

“I don’t know, J. Something about them has seemed off the last few months…Izu seems quieter maybe and Kats is edgier than normal. It’s technically not my place to say but something has changed…that’s part of the reason why I am going on this date. Maybe they need some space.”

Jirou interrupted Hana’s chain of thoughts.

THAT and the guy you’re going on a date with is hot as fuck!”

Jirou’s comment had broken the cycle of stressful conversation and left them in a bleary-eyed fit of laughter on each side of the phone.

“Yeaaah. He is hot as fuck though. And god, it’s so easy to talk to him. It’s just him. No one else’s feelings to think about. No matter what we are doing these days, it seems like Kats and I are tiptoeing around each other. I definitely feel like there is more to what Izu is feeling but he isn’t saying anything.” The stress-free feeling from thirty seconds ago was quickly dissipating.

A fat pause hung over the girls’ conversation.

“Hana, I’ve seen how well you and Katsuki fit together and I’m sure if him and Izuku wanted some space he would tell you. Do you think it’s possible that Izuku feels like you’re maybe a threat to their relationship or do you even want something more? Maybe not with both of them but…with Bakugou?”

Hana let out a deep groan and swung her legs over the arm of the couch. She didn’t say anything for a couple minutes.

“Is it that obvious?” Hana groaned.

“Girl, you got it bad for Blasty.” Jirou chuckled. “But I don’t think it’s obvious enough for anyone else to notice…well besides Izu maybe. The rest of the squad thinks that you guys are all just best friends. They think that you level Kats out, because sometimes it’s hard for Izu to keep him in check on his own. They think Kats is so protective of you because he looks at you like his sister or something.” Jirou fake gags. “Which has some hella incestual vibes to it.”

“Um yea. Ick.” Hana adjusts herself on the couch. “I like him Jirou. I know that makes me shitty because I shouldn’t have developed these feelings after Izuku trusted me to start this…thing with them. It was supposed to be for fun and I just…am ruining it with my fucking feelings.” Hana facepalmed in inner turmoil.

She peaked out of her shame tunnel once Jirou began talking.

“Well, look girl. I don’t judge and with my own eyes I can tell that he has feelings for you too. I mean isn’t that kind of to be expected since you guys…you know? There has to be some other levels of attraction besides physical. Or at least Izu should have expected this once it began happening again and again and you guys live next door to each other! Do you have feelings for Izuku too?”

Jirou’s question hung heavy in the air.

“I like Izu. Hell, I love him. He’s one of my best friends…but I don’t have those feelings for him. It’s just friends or physical with him. He’s honestly not my usual type.”

The line between the two of them was silent for a few seconds.

“I know your type and I agree that Izu doesn’t really fit the bill. But Bakugou…you two make sense. You like them tall, witty, and a little mean.”

“Hey! He’s not like that when it’s just us. You wouldn’t believe how soft---”

Jirou cut Hana off.

“Yeah, yeah. Izu says the same thing about him. How he is a soft boy deep down and loves cuddles and attention and all that shit. I believe you, but that even further proves my point. He’s into you. But, no disrespect to our friendship Hana, I just don’t want you to get hurt. Those two are pretty endgame. I mean if you saw the beginning of their romance in high school, it was epic.”

Hana turned away from the phone to stare at a picture of the three of them together from a random trip they took to a theme park last summer. They were all shiny and pink-cheeked from the heat but the happy faces in the photo were unaware of their sweaty condition. It had been such a good day. Things weren’t so complicated back then.

Jirou’s voice trickled through the phone once more.

“I just don’t want you to get hurt Hana. But no matter what happens I’ve got your back.”

Hana smiled, not as big as in the photo on her wall but big enough.

“You deserve to be happy…and you also deserve to break off a piece of that ex-villain you’re going out with.” Jirou squealed into the phone. “Just take this weekend to take some time off from thinking about Katsuki. At the least, I think you all might need a little break from one another.”

The stress slowly came off of the curly brunette in waves.

“You’re right, you’re right. I deserve a night without worrying about the WonderDuo. It’ll be fun at least. Even if it doesn’t go anywhere.” Hana let out a sigh.

“When are you going to tell Blasty who it is?”

“I am only telling him if it goes well…or maybe never.”

Laughter filled the phone again.

“Well, relax and think positive. When I come over tomorrow I’ll help you pick out an outfit. I’m thinking all black for sure. Very villain acceptable, you know?” Jirou giggled.

“Uhh, that might be too cliché! I haven’t even begun to think about what to wear!” Hana let out a giggle. Her chest feeling lighter after talking to her best friend. “I’ll see you tomorrow!”

The phone call ended and Hana remained laid back on her grey couch with her feet hung over the armrest. She tucked her phone into her back pocket and thought about what Jirou had said about Izuku seeing her as a threat. She bit her lower lip. Katsuki and Hana have gotten closer over the last few months and it did seem like Izu was getting further away. He hardly came over for coffee in the morning anymore. The two used to sip their warm drink on her balcony and talk about quirks, his recent villain captures and Hana’s bloodiest cases at the hospital that she worked at a few blocks over from their apartment. Izu never got grossed out by her stories. He had already sustained most of the injuries she came across anyway. He was the only person she could really get the weight of her job off her chest with, besides Katsuki.

With Katsuki, they didn’t only talk about work though. Of course, he never strayed far from the going to be the number one hero soapbox for long but there were other things she was surprised to learn about the current Number 8 hero. He talked about hiking a lot. He had a real hard on for the outdoors. He used to go on camping trips with his dad up until he got into UA. Hana guessed he felt like he didn’t have time to pursue his love for the outdoors because of his fight to the top of the hero billboard. She sometimes longed to see how beautiful and calm he would probably looked in the middle of a hike on some half fog covered mountain in a thick, green forest.

He loved to cook. If there was a homecooked meal on Hana or the two heroes’ table, Katsuki cooked it. His and Izu’s moms had taught him the groundwork when he was younger, but the rest he learned on his own. He made the best vegan penne in a red cream sauce that Hana had ever tasted. It was best enjoyed after he blasted Hana over how she was going to die from not getting enough protein and only eating rabbit food and that she was already small and one day she would just disappear into the ether.

Who knew yelling made food taste better? It wasn’t hard to notice that Katsuki would only give her half of the leftovers and save the rest for himself. She guessed that he shame-ate it at work when she wasn’t around. She knew he yelled because he cared. That always made her chest feel like it was on fire, knowing that he truly cared.

Hana groaned and let her arms fall across her eyes. She was exhausted from all the thinking and feeling tiptoeing, but she knew she had to stay up a little later so she could sleep in tomorrow before her night shift. She peeked under her arm to take a glance at the clock on the wall.

10:00

She retreated back into her arm cave with a huff.

She figured she would stay up for at least another hour before calling it a night.

Oh shit. She had forgotten about the text and call that made her flee from the two hero’s apartment earlier.

Hana ripped her phone from her back pocket and curled her arm up to support her head. She had three texts and a missed call.

Two of the texts were from the ex-villain she and her perceptive best friend were just lusting about. The missed call was from Jirou.

Guess she has a point, I am always over there when she calls.

"Looking forwards to this Saturday."

"I’m thinking Italian : )"

 

Does everyone have super hearing or are my thoughts just really loud?

 

The last text was from Katsuki.

"Be careful this weekend."

Chapter 3

Summary:

His jaw unclenched and he answered. “No, I just…I can’t believe she is bailing on pool night with me and Kiri. And why is she picking up all this overtime the last few months? Every time I ask her about work she says it’s been slow. I mean, even we know the crime rate has gone down since we have both made it into the Top 10.” Katsuki threw his hands up in the air and met eyes with Izuku.

Izuku who was now wishing he had left his mask on for this conversation. He obviously sucked at keeping secrets.

The green haired hero shoved one hand deep into his pocket and the other reached to rub the back of his neck. His obvious tell that he was really trying to lie or hide something.

“Izu…what do you know?” Katsuki jumped down from the lid of the dumpster but kept one hand on it to keep the villain in his own personal garbage hell and used the other hand to point at his boyfriend’s chest.

 

Or: Bakugou is figuring out that Izuku has been keeping even more secrets from him. He jumps from one rooftop to another to find his own conclusions as he follows his boyfriend and Hana on a secret trip to Hosu City.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

The next day.

 

Hero Deku could tell that his boyfriend was even more on edge than normal. They had just captured a villain that had stolen an entire ATM from the convivence store down the street.

“Hey! I don’t think this is fair! You can’t just throw me away like garbage! I’m still a person, you know?” Screamed the villain, as he sat upon last night’s trash and dirty diapers inside of the dumpster Hero Ground Zero had thrown him in. The explosive blonde was sitting on top of the lid. Holding it closed until the police arrived.

“You want to talk about fair? You owe that store owner a brand-new window and ATM, dumbass.” Katsuki huffed, waving a hand in front of his nose as the smell of the garbage wafted around him.

“Kacchan, are you uh…okay? You seem a little tense today.” Izuku leaned against the alley across from the blonde. He didn’t want the staunch smell of trash to get trapped in his uniform.

Katsuki shrugged his shoulders and crossed his arms before leaning back against the brick wall covered in graffiti behind the dumpster.

Crisp October air swirled around them in gusts. The bright as beat down on them, reminding the two heroes that summer wasn't two far in their past. Sweat gathered above their brows and their cheeks were flushed in the afternoon rays. The direct sunlight increased the heat of the rancid contents of the dumpster, antsy villain included.

“Yeah, I’m fine Izu.”

Izuku chose his words carefully, more like he used to during their tense times the first two years at U.A. and less like how he lets his words flow freely in their conversations as a couple.

“Is this…about Hana’s date?” He whispered low enough for their new friend not to hear from his place a foot below Katsuki’s ass.

The blonde stiffened. His muscles restrained by the tightness of his uniform. His eyes shifted to the ground as he focused on some discarded dog food scattered beneath his feet.

I’m never going to hear the end of this god forsaken date. If Hana wants to go out on a date with some creep she won’t tell me the name of then it is what it is. She must not think it will turn out well so why should I be worried?

I just have this…weird feeling.

His jaw unclenched and he answered. “No, I just…I can’t believe she is bailing on pool night with me and Kiri. And why has she been picking up all this overtime the last few months? Every time I ask her about work she says it’s been slow. I mean, even we know the crime rate has gone down since we have both made it into the Top 10.” Katsuki threw his hands up in the air and met eyes with Izuku.

Izuku who was now wishing he had left his mask on for this conversation. He obviously sucked at keeping secrets.

The green haired hero shoved one hand deep into his pocket and the other reached to rub the back of his neck. His obvious tell that he was really trying to lie or hide something.

“Izu…what do you know?” Katsuki jumped down from the lid of the dumpster but kept one hand on it to keep the villain in his own personal garbage hell and he used other hand point to at his boyfriend’s chest.

Izuku felt his face flush and he began to grit his teeth when by the grace of the Gods he heard police sirens close in on the alley.

Hero Deku felt relief as he was approached by an officer. He explained the crime they had caught the assailant committing before pointing out his location in the dumpster. The two heroes watched as he was hauled into the back of the police car, before they were called to respond to another robbery a few blocks over.

Lucky for the Greenette, the calls kept coming all day until eventually the shift was over. Izuku hoped that his boyfriend had forgotten their conversation from earlier or was just too worn out to talk about it.

Back at their apartment that evening, Katsuki was busy making dinner when Hana slipped in the front door. She was already in her scrubs and had her work backpack with her. Hana’s scrubs weren’t skintight but they framed her petite form perfectly. The two heroes, that could easily be stand-in’s in a body building competition have never understood how someone who was barely 5’4 and 120 pounds could wrangle the crazy patients she would tell them about in the ER.

Hana’s honeypot eyes fluttered to the kitchen where Katsuki was standing by the stove with his back to them. Her gaze crawled over the tight muscles of his back stretching the threads of his staple black tank top. Then it flooded over the sight of rock-hard biceps working diligently to stir whatever culinary genius he was whipping up. She refocused herself, sat her bag by the door and joined Izuku on the couch.

Get it together, Hana. She inner-yelled at herself before falling into easy conversation with Izuku.

Katsuki turned around, bringing a large pot with him and eyed the two from the kitchen. I wonder how many times she gets hit on at work. The hospital in the center of the city gets a lot of car accidents and civilian stuff but it’s mostly heroes coming in with injuries from fights…and we can be some cocky, flirty bastards.

“Oi! I texted you almost two hour ago. Thought you were bailing on us too!” Katsuki teased as he portioned out the pasta and added some extra parmesan cheese to the top of his and Izuku’s and some dairy-free cheese to the top of Hana’s. He makes it himself and keeps it in the fridge for the brunette.

“Fuck youuu. I overslept! I have a feeling tonight is going to be a long one so I needed the extra sleep.” Hana leaned over the back of the couch, facing Katsuki.
His comment stung for reasons beyond the one he was hinting at. She was late because Jirou had come over for her to heal the hero’s burn…and to help Hana pick out an outfit for her date. She smiled lightly, before turning back and picking up her conversation with Izuku. The two were comparing their opinions about a controversial article about Shinsou’s quirk.

“Dude’s quirk is badass. I wish people would stop giving him hell about it being a “villain’s quirk”. Any quirk can be used to save lives or for the greater good. That should be the end of the conversation.” Hana threw her head back onto the couch cushion.

“I know. Poor Shinsou. I hope he isn’t letting this get to him.” The greenette closed his laptop and got Netflix pulled up on the TV to continue their movie marathon.

Katsuki brought the bowls of steaming pasta over to the coffee table.

Izuku leaned forward from the couch and started to twirl his fork to gather a huge mouthful when he felt a light smack to the back of his head.

“Ow! Kacchan! What was that for?”

“Sit down on the floor next to the coffee table. You know you can’t help but miss your mouth, nerd.” Katsuki barked, also lowering himself down to the floor.

“I thought you liked it when he misses his mouth and makes mess…” Hana winked. Proud of the dirty joke she had just made. Izuku blushed but couldn’t help but cover his mouth to hide a smirk.

Katsuki tried to ignore what the brunette had just said, but the pink spreading across his cheeks did little to hide the effect her words had. “That goes for you too.” He paused. The smirking brunette and flushed greenette quickly cut their eyes toward the blonde before falling against each other in laughter. “I meant you have to sit on the floor too!!” Katsuki screamed. “God, you guys are disgusting. Eat your spaghetti and shut the hell up.”

Katsuki tried to appear annoyed by the two chuckleheads but he couldn’t stop the slight smirk hanging on his lips.

The three “neighbors” finished their pasta with many thanks to the chef and then curled up on the couch to enjoy their movie. Hana and Izuku cuddled on the chiaise with Katsuki’s head in his boyfriend’s lap. His left arm curled up with, hand intertwined with Hana’s. Katsuki practically purred from all the welcomed touching.

After the movie, Hana lifted herself up from the couch and gathered her things to leave for work. She still had an hour before she had to clock in for her shift but it wasn’t uncommon for her to get there early.

“Hey, I’ll walk you to work tonight. Lots of crazy’s out there and I need to walk off some of that spaghetti.” Deku beamed from the couch, he stood up and started to put his shoes on.

Katsuki pulled himself upright. Realizing he was the only one still sitting, missing the warmth of the other two.

He threw his arms out into a stretch and then focused his attention on Hana and Izuku getting themselves together by the door.

It’s barely 6. The hospital is hardly a ten-minute walk away. And Izu doesn’t usually walk with Hana if we are both home. Now that I’m thinking about it…he has before. Lots before, but usually on Thursdays when Hana works…overtime…and when I’m usually still on patrol.

Katsuki thought back to earlier when Izuku clammed up when he was questioning Hana’s sudden need to work overtime shifts even though she said work had been slow.

His gears were turning. Something’s up.

He waved goodbye to them and watched the door close and waited to hear the elevator doors shut at the end of the hall.

And I’m about to find out what it is.

The blonde quickly slipped on his shoes before sliding out onto their balcony. He used his explosions to get to the rooftop next door. He caught sight of his two targets and followed them from above as they passed the hospital and kept walking.

Where are these dumbasses going?

Katsuki found his way to the ground as he had to follow them underneath to the subway station. He stayed far behind them ducking behind pillars for cover. He watched as the two people he supposedly cared about the most got into a subway car. They looked to be happily talking and their body language seemed relaxed so Katsuki knew they weren’t expecting to be followed.

How long have they been lying to me? They don’t even seem to look guilty. Ten minutes ago, we were watching a movie together. One of MY favorite’s movies. And then they bold faced lied to me and are crossing town.

Katsuki jumped into a car directly behind them and seated himself next to a window so he could see when they got out.

 

They weren’t on the train long. At their second stop he saw a tuft of green hair floating next to a mop of brown curls exit the train car. He got out and kept his distance to a block behind them. Their pace slowed to a stop.

Okay. They took a train to Hosu City to stand in the middle of a dirty intersection.

No…they are waiting for someone.

And I can tell by the way Izu is rubbing the back of his neck that it’s someone that makes him nervous.

Katsuki found his body moving into a battle stance and kept peeking out from the alleyway he was hiding in. From his view around the corner of a brick building he could read Izuku’s lips.

“Did you text him that we were almost here?”

Here? Where is here? The only thing near here is…that filthy villain hospital. It’s three blocks ahead of them. That’s what they have been hiding. Hana has been picking up shifts at the villain hospital.

Katsuki knew the villain hospital in Hosu was always looking for openminded healers and doctors to come help them cover their shifts. He himself never gave much thought to the injuries and pain he inflicted on the villains he helped capture. Not really his problem he would say.

But Hana, she had this philosophy that annoyed Katsuki to no end. Not only did it annoy him, but it made him worry about her and about how the way he viewed villains possibly made her feel about him. Hana thought that every hero, every villain, and even down to all low-level thugs were just people. People were all born the same, good-natured even, and then they became a result of the way they were raised, who raised them, traumatic events in their lives, losses. All of that made either a well-rounded person, a brave hero, or a cold-hearted villain. Hana believes that those outside variables determined who all of these people became. Maybe they were abused as a child or fought to live up to someone else’s expectation and this caused them to lash out or cope in a way that landed them in a fucked-up situation. Not only did she treat her patients with this kind of openhearted and level headedness, but she never degraded villains in her speech the way that her pro-hero cohorts did, or even how the rest of society did.

Katsuki refocused his eyes on Hana and Izuku standing under the streetlight. Izuku still rubbing his neck and Hana looking down at her phone.

Okay. So, she works at the villain hospital? I’m pissed. There will definitely be some yelling, but I can get over that. But who is the “he” Izu was talking about?

As the thought crossed his mind, he saw a flash of blue falling from the sky above Hana and Izuku. The sound of fabric whipping through the wind found his ears and he saw flashes of metal and dark purple skin. Katsuki’s fists clenched.
.
.
.
.
.
.
DABI.

Notes:

I hope you guys are liking the story! I've got the next few chapters pretty well outlined and I'm going to keep posting as often as I can while I feel like it.

I love a nice soft Bakugou who loves to be cuddled and touched, but only by a select few :D

I have no idea how close Hosu City is to wherever the hell I am writing them living so I am winging it.

Hope to have another chapter to upload soon! Let me know how you're liking it so far or if you have any thoughts about it!! I'm gonna need some ideas on how to steer the story later on.

 

***This chapter has been edited***

Chapter 4

Summary:

I’ll see you tomorrow, Dabi.” Her voice smooth and breathy, as if just woken up.

“Can’t wait.” The tall man whispered, raising a hand to his cheek. Feeling the spot that Hana had stroked. The skin there felt…healed. The usual tightness he felt around the staples was gone.

“Wait…” He called out to the empty ER entrance in front of him. Hana was already inside.

 

Or: Enter Dabi.

Notes:

It's getting REAL.

I really like writing Dabi. I feel a good bit of freedom with what I can do with him in this story. Make him super soft? No maybe moderately soft. Make him hella freaky? Oh, for sure. But that's still a bit ways out in the future.

Enjoy :)

I also did some editing to chapters two and three to make my Hana/Katsuki situation a little easier to pick up on. Think I was being too shy about their feels. Don't worry, Deku's feelings are coming too and more BakuDeku-ness.

I'm figuring this thing out. But for now, the other man wanting to stake his claim on Hana....

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Hana gazed upward, hearing the sound of fabric whipping through the air. Izuku stiffened. His body fighting the urge to tense up.

“Sorry I’m late. Hope you weren’t waiting long.” Dabi straightened his jacket and ran his fingers through raven hair before placing a hand on Hana’s lower back.

The brunette quaked by the light touch. The heat from Dabi’s hand, after using his flames, sent distress signals up her spine. She turned to look over the man that just fell from the sky. The ex-villain had long ago discarded his usual tattered shirt and long black trench in exchange for his now still currently dark ensembles. His outfit tonight consisted of a loose dark grey long sleeve shirt that showed the narrowing of his waist and the rolled up sleeves exposed the toned, thickness of his forearms and raised edges of his pumped veins. Black tight-fitting jeans, and all black converse completed his look.

Hana’s eyes seared over Dabi from top to bottom in a matter of seconds, or at least she hoped it had only been that long.

Yep. He’s hot. Too hot. I need serious help.

Izuku clued into Hana’s silence as he could see the girl practically dropping drool on the sidewalk while staring at Dabi.

“No worries. It’s only been a couple minutes.” Izuku let go of his nerves, in order to give Hana time to collect herself, and moved to shake Dabi's hand.

Dabi appeared at ease by the gesture from the young hero as he stepped forward.

“It’s good to see you again, Izuku.” The taller man placed his palm in Izuku’s for a firm handshake.

Katsuki’s brain scrambled from hearing the ex-villain say his boyfriend’s name. He can barely maintain enough composure to keep himself hidden in the dark alleyway. Too far away to notice Hana’s lapse in consciousness.

“Yea, uh…you too Dabi.” Izuku grins softly.

“If only I didn’t have to have supervision just to walk to work you guys could have time to hang out more.” The sarcasm in Hana’s voice easily detectable. She had put herself back together some.

The two men laughed genuinely.

Katsuki punched the wall next to him. The comment from Hana’s lips alone sent him into Rage Level 1000.

“Well, thanks for walking with me Izu. I’ll text you when I make it home in the morning!” Hana gave the greenette a soft hug before they said goodbye.

Katsuki watched them all go their separate ways and get beyond ear shot before he used a powerful explosion to take off into the night sky.

Lies, lies and more fucking lies.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Hana and Dabi were a block into their walk when Hana felt Dabi’s slender fingers intertwine with hers. The same paralyzing tingles from before traveled up her arm.

“This okay?” Dabi tilted his head to look into her caramel eyes.

Hana gently hummed her response.

“Mhmmm.”

Being with him is so...different. No need to muffle how I feel when he looks at me and god those eyes! They are so fucking blue. God, I’m so fucked.

When they arrived at the hospital, they turned towards each other to say goodbye.

“Thanks, for chaperoning the last half of my walk to work. I hope you aren’t missing out on some badass Friday night plans to do this.” Hana started to slip her hand out of his when he tightened his grip. She heard a small laugh escape the lips next to her.

“Oh, meeting up on a street corner with a pro hero to walk a pretty girl to work isn’t a bad way to spend a Friday night.” Dabi rubbed small circles on the back of her hand with his thumb. Slowly driving Hana insane. “You looking forward to tomorrow?”

Hana tried to control her breathing before choking out a response.

“I am. Are you going to tell me what the plans are, besides Italian?”

“Nah. It’s a surprise. Can’t take the chance of having your neighbors finding where I hide your body.” Dabi winked, a mysterious smirk hanging from his lips. Hana deadpanned at him.

“Hah. Is this your attempt at scaring me away? You having second thoughts?” Hana teases. Poking softly into Dabi’s firm chest.

He stared at her puzzlingly.

Wow. She really isn’t scared of me at all. Instead, she is asking me if I am the one who is…scared?

Hana smiled softly at him. With Dabi lost in thought, she was able to free her hand and slip both arms around his tapered waist. The top of her head rested below his collar bone. She nuzzled in closer, the smell of burnt cedar and ocean spray overwhelmed her senses.

“You’re…something else Hana.” The tall ex-villain regained control of his body and returned the hug. He grabbed a handful of Hana’s dark curls and lowered his head down to rest upon hers. “I see why your neighbors worry so much.”

To this, Hana lifted her face from Dabi’s strong, broad chest.

Her honey-colored eyes focusing into piercing cerulean blue ones.

The petite healer raised her hand to the side of his face, noticing his cheek bones that were unaffected by his burns were turning a light pink. A small finger softly traced along the edge of a few staples. “I’m not scared of you Dabi. So, you can quit trying to work that angle.”

Dabi’s face softened as he lowered his forehead to meet hers and close his eyes.

Hana could feel the heat of his breath tickling her eyelashes, her own face beginning to flush.

The two exist there in that moment. Leaning into each other. A hand tangled in curls and a finger tracing staples beneath a closed cerulean blue eye.

The door to the Emergency Room behind them slid open with a whoosh, startling them from their huddled position. Someone rushed past them out into the night.

Hana took a step back towards the door as she smoothed over her dark hair.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, Dabi.” Her voice smooth and breathy, as if just woken up.

“Can’t wait.” The tall man whispered, raising a hand to his cheek. Feeling the spot that Hana had stroked. The skin there felt…healed. The usual tightness he felt around the staples was gone.

“Wait…” He called out to the empty ER entrance in front of him. Hana was already inside.

Notes:

A few things...

1. Yes, Hana has a potty mouth--uh, or potty brain. I love giving her an edge that kinda matches Bakugou's.
2. Dabi is fine as fuuuck. That is all.
3. This chapter is a little on the short side. I wanted us to vibe on this bliss for a while because it is a stark contrast to the next one or two.

Hope you're liking it! Now lets get back to the guys apartment for some yelling.

Chapter 5

Summary:

“I know you worry about people finding out, the media and our friends, your mom. But it’s been more than sex between all of us for a while now.” Katsuki paused. Breaking eye contact for a millisecond to regain his confidence. “She wonders what this thing is, this thing we have been doing for so long and fuck…so do I.” Katsuki pauses once more.

“I can tell you have more feelings about this than you are willing to say out loud. Normally you never shut up about your feelings, but this is different. Izuku, I need to know.” He pauses to swallow a deep breath. “I need to know what your feelings are about Hana.”

 

Or: Katsuki and Izuku have a long overdue conversation. What will Izuku's feelings about Hana be? What exactly are Katsuki's feelings for our petite healer?

Notes:

Yeaaaa. I power wrote two chapters today!

There is lots of yelling like I told you about at the end of chapter 4 so buckle up! Angry Bakuugou>>>.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Izuku is still full from dinner but his mind feels even heavier after the meet up with Hana and Dabi. He’s now out of Hosu and on the train ride home. He has done this every Thursday for the past few months, since August. Hana had only been picking up shifts at the villain hospital for a few weeks before Dabi started walking her the rest of the way. It didn’t bother him too much and Katsuki hadn’t caught on to their charade since he was usually at work, but he was able to get off patrol at the same time as Izuku today. This made their mission extra risky. He didn’t like lying to his boyfriend and he felt worse than usual because of seeing Dabi and Hana together within the same hour of her being with Katsuki and himself.

He shuddered off the intense feeling of guilt and focused on the possibility of things going back to normal between himself and the blonde. He liked Hana and the fire she introduced to the couple’s lives. She had become one of his closest friends, but he was suspicious of Katsuki’s increasing attachment to her. He knows that Hana is acting like nothing has changed, but the greenette has caught her looking at Katsuki recently with a different kind of look in her golden eyes. One of…longing. He has also seen a lonely expression fall upon her after she pushes them out of the door on Sundays for their “date day”.

Izuku isn’t stupid. Hana has seen for herself, more than anyone else in their friend group besides him, how soft Katsuki can be. He’s kind and thoughtful. He is always running his fingers through Izuku’s hair and slipping his hand under his shirt to feel the warm and smooth skin over the Number 3 hero’s abs. He has become just as expressive with Hana when all three of them are together. Katsuki is obsessed with bouncing Hana’s curls and she can hardly get into the apartment most days before he has her clenched into a tight hug or before he can pull her into his lap on the couch. The spiky blonde is more careful in public where there could be cameras or around the perceptive company of their friends. The shorter hero also thinks that Hana and Katsuki keep the touching to a minimum when they are alone. He has never stumbled in the door from work to find them in a heap on the couch. The blonde is usually stretched out on one end of the couch and Hana is balled up on the other.

The thoughts of how the other two respect his feelings and boundaries soothe Izuku as he exits the subway and starts the short walk to the apartment from the station.

He nuzzles deeper into the warmth of his green hoodie as he hits the sidewalk. Thankful that he chose to wear his thickest pair of grey joggers to combat the chilly October evening weather.

His thoughts drift back to the idea of Hana maybe finding someone else, even if it’s Dabi. The way she talks about him has coaxed Izuku into truly believing that he got into that mess with The League on accident. Though Dabi did choose the company he kept, Izuku has accepted the fact that Shigaraki had one of his goons brainwash him into cooperating. The guy was a bad boy, before with his own issues and dark past maybe, but now he has gone back to running his two bars in Hosu and Hana told the greenette that the ex-villain recently bought a restaurant closer to downtown where they live.

Either way, he wants Hana to be happy and he is excited about the possibility of having all of Katsuki’s attention. He arrived at the conclusion that it would also bring him peace to not keep hiding something from his friends. Ochacco has been acting more suspicious about Hana and Katsuki’s…closeness since the blonde almost ripped Kiri’s head off for asking him to set him up with Hana. This happened last month. They had gone out to dinner for Momo’s birthday. Jirou had been trying to hide her laughter over the incident while she helped Izuku calm the blonde down. Momo tended to Kiri and reminded him that Katsuki was just being protective of Hana because he cares for her as a sister. Jirou spewed her vodka water out of her nose. The blonde, being held back by Izuku’s strong arms and 30% of One for All, and Izuku himself stiffened at her behavior. Both of them suspect that she knows, she’s Hana’s best friend after all.

Izuku giggles to himself about the memory of Jirou being covered in “nose vodka” as he twisted his key in the door of the apartment. As he pushed it open, the weight of the door gave way.

He looked up to see a red-faced Katsuki.

 

“DABI! FUCKING DABI” Katsuki seethed barely making room for his boyfriend to shuffle into the apartment.

Izuku kept his eyes to the floor as Katsuki yelled. He felt like he was back in their first two years at U.A.

No worse, he felt like they were back in middle school as he could practically feel the heat coming off of his boyfriend. He hands makings sparks as his voice boomed through the walls of their apartment.

“DABI!”

“And you weren’t going to fucking tell me? And don’t lie to me fucking again, Deku!

The name, his hero name, said in that harsher tone that he hadn’t heard said that way in years. It stung. Izuku felt like crumpling up on the floor.

But no, he had lied. That’s fair enough. But Katsuki is Izuku’s boyfriend, not Hana’s. He lifted his eyes from the floor and met the flaming red ones piercing back at him.

“Yes Kacchan, I lied. But Hana is a grown woman. She is not in this relationship. This relationship is just you and me.” Izuku spat. Feeling the lightening of his quirk swirl around him.

“ ‘Tch. Fucking really, Deku?? She’s not in this relationship? She is here every day. Watching TV, having dinner, fucking going with us to see our parents, going on trips with us. What the fuck do you mean? It’s not just sex anymore.” The blonde threw his hands up and leaned against the back of the couch.

Izuku felt himself bump into the edge of the kitchen table and balanced himself against it. He closed his eyes and focused on taking breaths to ease his anger and regain control of OFA.

Emerald eyes opened to see the look of anger losing its control of his boyfriends face and the emotion that took over seemed to be sadness. Katsuki’s white knuckle grip on the couch loosened and his hands found their way to his face as he buried his ruby red eyes into them.

“How long?” Katsuki’s voice breaks out, muffled by his hands.

Izuku doesn’t answer. He only looks at his boyfriend questioningly.

“How long has she been working at the shit hole? Picking up shifts and being hit on by strays?” Katsuki raised his face, the anger in his voice clashing with the sadness in his eyes.

“She started picking up Thursday nights back in August. I always walk her there since it’s nighttime but it’s safe enough for her to get back on her own. I had to beg her to let me walk with her there in the first place.” Izuku paused for a minute, letting the blonde process and hopefully see that they were being careful. “She didn’t tell me anything about Dabi until a few weeks later. That’s when he started meeting us halfway. That’s what I guess you saw when you followed us tonight—”

Izuku was interrupted by the anger in Katsuki’s voice returning.

“Yes, I followed you! Because I could tell that you were both lying to me about something and I needed to know what it was. I had to know.” The blonde’s voice was becoming hoarse and more broken. Izuku wanted to walk over and put his arms around him but before he could move his feet, that hoarse voice stopped him.

“Don’t.” Katsuki put his hands up. “I can tell what you’re about to do and… fucking don’t. I still have more questions.” The blonde paused. Collecting his thoughts. “I know Hana’s fucked up philosophy about villains, so I don’t need you regurgitating that shit at me. But Dabi? He fucking kidnapped me. He tied me to a chair. You watched him take me. And I know he was brainwashed, and he made some bullshit ass public apology…but how the fuck could she possibly look past that enough to go on a date with him?” Katsuki stopped talking. His voice had become too shaky. The tears welling up along his lash line were about to start falling.

“Kacchan, I can’t speak for her. But I can tell you that she really believes that he would not have done those things to you on his own volition. He isn’t saying that it isn’t his fault that he ended up in that situation. He actually admits that it was his own shitty choices that got him to Shigiraki’s bar that night when he was brainwashed…but everything after that. He was as mindless as a Nomu. Acting under Shigiraki’s control.” Izuku paused again, allowing his boyfriend to process. He could see his breathing becoming more even and the tears that had spilled were slowing.

“Dabi---” Izuku stopped again. Noticing the hiss that escaped the blonde’s lips after saying the ex-villain’s name.

He…is back to running his businesses. He has a couple bars and a restaurant, I think, that he owns. I trust her…what she is saying…I believe it. He seems genuine. We don’t talk much when we meet up, to pass Hana off, but his body language seems honest and he seems to make her happy. He seems…really calm. Like Hana. And I---”

A coarse, tear choked voice stops him.

I don’t want to lose her, Izu.” Katsuki is now standing, completely on his own two feet without support from the back of the couch. His blood red eyes completely locked onto startled, glistening green ones.

“I know you worry about people finding out, the media and our friends, your mom. But it’s been more than sex between all of us for a while now.” Katsuki paused. Breaking eye contact for a millisecond to regain his confidence. “She wonders what this thing is, this thing we have been doing for so long and fuck…so do I.” Katsuki pauses once more.

“I can tell you have more feelings about this than you are willing to say out loud. Normally you never shut up about your feelings, but this is different. Izuku, I need to know.” He pauses to swallow a deep breath. “I need to know what your feelings are about Hana.”

Izuku is frozen. Stuck to the floor with his hands gripping the table behind him to stay upright.

I’ve been running from this conversation for months now. But now? Now when he sees with his own eyes that Hana is moving on. It’s only now…because he can’t lose her. Not because I have been uncharacteristically quiet for months but because he thinks he is about to lose her. This is what finally makes him force me into this…bullshit conversation.

Izuku loses his place in his thoughts when he sees blonde spikes closing the distance between them. But he doesn’t like the look the blonde is carrying with him. Izuku can see Katsuki holding his breath. He’s trying to stay calm. As if he is attempting to gently diffuse a bomb. Or maybe set one off.

Katsuki stops a pace away from the greenette. His face is tightened, as if in the grasp of deep pain. Izuku doesn’t like this new face on his boyfriend and he is about to ask him what could be causing him to look so constrained when Katsuki opens his mouth to say something. To detonate the bomb.

“Izuku, I think I-I love her.” The words fall over the edge of the blonde’s pink lips.

Izuku watches each syllable roll off of his tongue, over his lips and onto the floor. The floor of their apartment. The apartment that he shares with is boyfriend. His boyfriend that just told him that he thinks he is in love with Hana.

A thick, heavy silence floods the apartment.

Izuku feels his body moving before he told it to. He can see Katsuki watching him go. The pained look on his face is now gone, his face is now coated in concern as he watches his boyfriend, all too calmly, walk to their bedroom door.

The blonde’s coarse voice stops his hand from turning the handle.

“Izu…I’m sorry. I’m confused. I love you. I have always loved you.” The Number 3 hero can hear the blonde shuffling his feet behind him. Slowly getting closer. “Now, i-it’s just that I love her too. Fuck. I’m so confused. I thought this thing was or maybe…could turn into something else.” He stuttered to a stop, hovering his hand along the greenette’s back.

Izuku opens the door to the bedroom and before shutting it turns to Katsuki.

“I don’t know if I ever wanted you to fall in love with her.”

 

 

The shorter hero stood there for a moment, after closing the door, before blindly stepping backward until he felt the softness of the mattress behind his knees and then he let himself free-fall into its comfort.

Izuku heard Katsuki’s heavy footsteps make their way back to the living room and the squeak of weight falling onto the couch.

He lifted his head up to take a peek at his phone. It was 9:05 pm on October 10th.

He relaxed back into the mattress and closed his eyes.

This time last year everything was so different. Kacchan and I were so happy. We were having fun with Hana but only a couple times a week. The rest of the time it was just us. Patrolling. Pushing each other to the top of the hero charts by force. Kacchan knows how to motivate me. He starts by saying that he will do everything he can to beat me to the number one spot, even though he loves me. If that isn’t enough, he reminds me of my promise to become as great of a hero as All Might. To live up to being the Symbol of Peace. Besides telling himself that he had to beat me and be better than everyone else, Kacchan needed no other motivation.

But that was then, and this is now. I don’t know how we got here. It went from patrolling together every day, seeing our friends sometimes, and hooking up with Hana once or twice to something completely different. Katsuki changing has schedule messed with our routine some. Hawks needed someone to change shifts around with him and Katsuki volunteered a few of his. That was so sweet of him…too sweet. Our patrol shifts overlap at most once a week now. We still train together, but we don’t stay until the gym closes anymore. We used to always be the last ones to leave, every night of the week. It was hard work but doing it together made it fun. We were both so determined to be number one. We still are…

Izuku heard the television turn on in the living room. Guess he is staying up past his bedtime tonight. The greenette stood up to pull his sheets back. He swiftly whipped off his hoodie before crawling in between the fluffy layers of their king size bed. Once he was comfortable, he turned to put his phone on the nightstand and met eyes with Hana.

“Ughhhhh.”

He let out a groan before attempting to smother himself with a pillow.

The picture was from a weekend trip they took to see his mom. It was her first time to meet Inko. The two ladies had gotten along seamlessly. Izuku remembers his mother telling him how lucky they were to have a healer for a neighbor, especially one that was so friendly and nice to her friend’s mothers! Inko and the young hero beamed with big smiles from their position on the back porch. They were watching Hana and Katsuki attempt to fix her weed eater. The blonde was using as many expletives as possibly could while he ripped on the cord of the outdated lawn equipment with his bursting biceps. Hana stood nearby, her tan skin glistening flecks of gold in the sunlight. She teased Katsuki relentlessly. Earning herself a drenching spray with the water hose later.

This trip was a few weeks before Izuku made, what may turn out to be, a pretty big mistake. Katsuki was becoming frustrated. Their race up the ranks had turned into a slow jog. The usual routine of eat, patrol, love was getting old, even for Izuku.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Flashback.

One Friday night, after another monotonous week, the two boyfriends were out drinking with Kiri and the rest of the BakuDeku squad when a beautiful blonde walked into the bar. She was a newer hero that none of them had met yet. Bakugou with his winning personality, somehow ended up being the object of her affection. He was completely oblivious and at the end of the night when she gave the blonde her phone number instead of Kiri, Kiri was upset.

“Not to sound less manly, but you wouldn’t know what to do with a girl once you got her home Bakubro. Good thing you’re not single.” Kiri taunted and stood up to pay his tab.

“Oi! What do you mean, shitty hair?” The angry blonde looked over his shoulder and gave Izuku a smirk from across the pool table. Izuku smiled back and hopped up from his seat to walk towards them. He was about to wrap his arms around his boyfriend from behind and give him a sneaky kiss when he heard Kiri.

“I mean…you’ve never had sex with a girl. You’re a vagina virgin, my dude.” Kiri pressed his fingertips and leaned forward pensively with his forehead. “Hence why I said you would have no idea what to do with that girl if you---” Kiri caught sight of Izuku green eyes glaringly at him and sang the rest of his sentence out quickly, “…and your amazing, manly boyfriend took home our now luckily absent blonder friend from tonight. But I was only theorizing because I’m bitter that she liked you and not me. Lesson learned."

The blushing red head said a quick goodbye to the other two heroes before sprinting out the door. Izuku came around to Katsuki’s front to find the blonde twiddling his thumbs and reading over the phone number the girl had left. He smoothed it over with his big, calloused thumb.

“You okay, Kacchan?” Izuku looked up to meet his boyfriend’s eyes.

“Yeah. Just thinking about what Shitty Hair said.” He paused and crumpled up the paper then threw it on the bar top. “I guess I am a…vagina virgin.”

“Does that bother you?” Izuku giggled and grabbed Katsuki’s hand, guiding him out the front door. They kept the pace slow as they started to walk home.

“I don’t know. I mean…you know I like girls and guys. I know you like girls and guys. We discuss that shit and acknowledge when we see someone we both think is hot as fuck. But you’re my boyfriend. Is it weird for me to talk to you about this?” Katsuki pulled their intertwined hands to his warm chest.

Izuku placed his other hand over top and stopped their walk.

“No Kacchan. I don’t think it’s weird. I’m glad you’re okay with talking about this with me.” Katsuki grabbed a handful of green curls. Pulling Izuku’s mouth towards his, he leaned down to meet him in the middle. Their lips cradled one another tenderly. Tongues moved freely from one mouth to the other, uninhibited.

After a moment, Izuku broke the kiss.

“I have an idea!” The shorter hero placed a warm hand on his boyfriend’s chest.

Katsuki refocused himself. Still panting from the passionate kiss.

“Okay…you gonna share, Deku?” He dug his hands deep into his pockets. Curious at what idea a kiss like that could spark.

“We are going to have a threesome.” Izuku danced his fingers across the blonde’s chest. “Um—with a girl! Since you haven’t done that!”

“Oi, nerd. Don’t act like you’re so cool because you hooked up with Round Face back in the day. Didn’t you cry?” Katsuki teased, taking a hand to ruffle Izuku’s hair. “Very Plus Ultra.”

“Ha ha. Very funny, Kacchan.” Izuku repositioned himself and smoothed his ruffled hair. “I think we have to be very careful about it, you know. Because of who we are…we don’t need the media finding out about it…or anyone else really.”

“So, no random chicks from the bars that we go to. Check.” The two heroes brainstormed as they continued their walk home. They made a checklist: no strangers, no one else who was also a pro hero, someone they could trust to keep a secret, someone they both thought was attractive. A block away from their apartment a scarred, muscled arm slammed into Katsuki’s chest.

“Uh. What the fuck, Izu?” The blonde reached up and grabbed his boyfriend’s outstretched arm.

“HANA.” Izuku screeched. Then he proceeded to make rapid hand movements and mutter the logistics to himself. “She’s our friend not a stranger, not a pro hero but she would understand our need for privacy, I think she is beautiful, and I’ve caught you staring at her, or at least her ass, several times so yea! We both think she’s attractive!!” The shorter hero grabbed his boyfriend’s shoulders and gave him an excited shake.

Katsuki stood there being shaken like a rag doll as he sorted through Izuku’s mutter storm.

Hana. She doesn’t annoy me as much as those other extras. Her healing ability can be used on herself so I wouldn’t have to worry about hurting her. And she is…fucking gorgeous.

“Sooooo?” Izuku cooed. Grinning up into glowing red orbs.

Katsuki shrugged, doing his best to not seem too interested.

“Hana. I can dig it.”

Izuku smiled and rattled off possible scenarios of how they could go about asking the petite healer to enter into this agreement with them as they finished their walk home. Katsuki mostly tuned him out, satisfying his questions with shrugs and “yea, that could work” while his brain did some lighter thinking.

Hana.

I think this could be fun.

Return to the present


Izuku stirs when he hears the front door shut. Not hard enough to be considered a slam, but definitely lacking any effort to conceal its noise.

He craned his neck to see the clock. 12:00.

Hmmmm. Guess I fell asleep.

Where is Kacchan going? It’s late. Hana’s at work and none of our friends are awake or they are out on patrol.

Izuku curled back up in bed. Convincing himself that Katsuki was just getting some air.

His memory refreshes itself, reminding him of tonight’s argument that possibly prompted his boyfriend’s presumed need for fresh air.

The sleepy fog protecting his mind lifted.

I’m the one that suggested this. I convinced Kacchan that this would be fun and good for us.

And now Kacchan loves someone else. He loves both of us? At one time, I was sure that he wasn’t capable of loving anyone, but now he wants me to think that he can properly love two people.

And why should I? Because if I don’t agree to this, will he hate me for it like he used to?

Probably…maybe.

I honestly thought one day we would just close the book on this.

We would go back to it just being the two of us and Hana would be a friend we share a wild story with. Maybe we would tell our other friends about it, years away from now, and laugh.

If that didn’t work out, I thought Hana would eventually want to move on for herself. But now, Kacchan can’t have that.

He loves her.

Does she know that he loves her? Does she love him?

Shit.

They are so…complimentary.

Hana has an edge that keeps Kacchan from running over her. They are both strong willed, witty and sarcastic. Although Hana can get her point across without the whole apartment complex knowing.

But they are also so different.

Kacchan is a hero. It’s all he has ever known. All we have ever worked for.

Hana is a healer, has a powerful quirk for sure, but she is also wild.

Her post-college gap year was spent in some caravan exploring national parks with some stoned strangers. She moved all the way to Japan from the States without knowing a single soul when she got here.

Kacchan likes to be in bed by 8pm and wake up at 5am, yell at the germs on his teeth, kick some ass, and repeat the same sequence of events the next day.

Hana has a loose schedule, but no consistent routine. She would drive us crazy.

Izuku let the thought of his Kacchan and Hana’s differences soothe his mind as he began to drift into sleep once more.

He lifted his lids again to focus on the framed photo next to the bed.

He noticed how big his own smile was.

It was his best hero smile! So everyone knows that everything will be okay. No matter what, Izuku always smiled his biggest.

He traced the outline of his own face until it drifted to Hana’s. She was on the other side of Katsuki in the photo. Her golden eyes matched the warm hues of her skin tone, her smile was light. Natural. Her expression seemed comfortable, at ease with herself.

Izuku’s gaze traveled up one of Hana’s tightest curls until it looked to be tangled into a blonde spike. His boyfriend’s.

Katsuki stood tall in the center of the photo. His broad shoulders and chest dominating most of the frame.

For the first time, Izuku noticed something else about his boyfriend

He looked older.

The stubble on his chin was darker. The space underneath his eyes had gotten darker too. His hair was shorter. Katsuki has maintained a sharp undercut since high school. It was about as much of his signature as his black tank tops. The lengths at the top were always kept longer and flowy but, in this picture that had been by their bed for at least year, Izuku finally noticed that it was shorter than it had been.

Is this how short it is now?

I don’t remember...I was just looking at him? How did I not notice?

The last thing Izuku noticed about the photo was Katsuki’s smile. It was relaxed, natural. He wasn’t trying to one up Izuku. He looked content next to him…and Hana.

I guess Kacchan has changed a lot over the past year. He focuses on his friends more. Never misses a pool night with Kiri and volunteers to help Jirou get her band from one gig to another. (It’s a hobby of hers) He is constantly cooking and trying out new recipes. It’s not just katsudon or spicy things anymore. He makes a lot of Italian, Hana’s favorite, but he experiments with sushi, Thai, and Indian dishes.

Izuku dug himself further into the covers as he realized that his Kacchan wasn’t planning a hiking trip this upcoming spring because “stupid shitty hair” has never been. He’s planning it because he wants to go. Like he used to with his dad when they were kids. He was obsessed with it back then.

Juicy tears slipped from the greenette’s eyes as he closed them and dropped onto the crisp white sheets beneath him.

Why didn’t I notice this?

How long?

How long has he been growing up and moving on?

Notes:

Oooo.

That was a long one.

So...I'm getting the vibe the Deku doesn't want to share Kacchan with Hana.

 

Onward.

Chapter 6

Summary:

“But---”

“Izuku.” Hana finished that short sentence for him.

“I love him, Hana.” Katsuki inhaled the deepest breath he had taken all day. “...and I loved him first.”

 

Or: Hana comes home to a ruffled blonde on her couch. Then she proceeds to spend the next few hours with him in her underwear. She's wearing her underwear...Katsuki is not, I repeat, he is not wearing black lace panties with a matching bra.

It's a bustier!

Selena, anyone?

I promise this chapter isn't as cheeky as I'm promoting it...or is it?

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Hana drug herself from the elevator doors in her apartment building on Friday morning. Her shift had been a long one like she expected. If she wasn’t healing a villain from injuries they sustained while being captured, she was working on wounds that were inflicted by their coconspirators.

The petite healer was exhausted. Her fresh, clean scrubs from last night were now soaked in blood and other bodily fluids in her backpack. She managed to swipe from fresh ones from the supply closet. They were baggy and a sterile green color but all she needed was something to cover her ass to get through the rest of the shift. She had someone managed to get new stains on the loaners too.

Hana let out a yawn as she slipped her key in her door.

Once she was inside, she dropped her bag and began to strip off the nasty clothes.

Her honey-colored eyes caught a glimpse of blonde popping up from the couch.

“Fuck! Katsuki?” She reached to pick the scrub top off of the floor to cover herself but couldn’t remember which direction she had thrown it in. “You scared the shit out of me! It’s so early, what are you doing over here?” The brunette continued to scramble for her clothes.

The blonde reared back into a stretch as he stood up, watching Hana’s spastically running around in her underwear. He smirked evilly and let out a laugh.

“Hana, you can calm down. I’ve seen you in less than that.” He started to walk towards her with a blanket he had been using.

She huffed and snatched the blanket from him.

After wrapping herself up burrito style she took a better look at the pro hero.

Katsuki had sat himself at the countertop on a high barstool. His arms folded across his chest, he was still in his clothes from last night. He had stopped laughing at her suspiciously fast without making more jokes about her being half naked, and his face was showing the early signs of a scowl. The size of the circles under his eyes suggesting that he was more exhausted than she was.

She turned to survey her apartment. The couch appeared obviously slept in, the guest bathroom door was left open, and there was an empty coffee mug on the living room table.

He’s been here for a while. Hana thought to herself.

She moved her gaze to the mat by front door.

Hmmm. He didn’t wear any shoes to get over here. Must have left his place in a hurry. Katsuki hates germs, he would never cross the hallway without some kind of shoe on.

Katsuki cleared his throat, when she turned back she found him in a full scowl. The vein on his forehead about to pop through the skin.

Oh. He’s pissed.

Hana gasped as a revelation crossed her mind. Signature scowl, popping veins, no shoes, last nights clothes, and sleeping on her couch. All of this after she and Izu had sneakily navigated around him being home on the night she worked a shift in Hosu. A shift that his boyfriend had walked her to.

He knows.

Hana swallowed a deep breath.

“You know?” The petite healer took a very small step back from the blonde sitting at her countertop and pulled the blanket tighter around her.

“About Dabi?” Katsuki paused, wincing at hearing himself say the ex-villain’s name. “Yeah, I fucking know.”

“Izu told you?” Hana proposed with the cock of an eyebrow.

Katsuki scoffed and stood up from the stool.

“Of course not, because you two are fucking liars and fucking…secret keepers!” Katsuki ignored the lameness of the comment he had just made. “I followed you last night. I saw you two in Hosu with him, going to that filthy villain hospital.”

Hana’s skin tightened hearing the blonde use his usual disgusted tone when it came to talking about anything villainy or “other side of the tracks” like. She toughened herself and took a step toward Katsuki. Almost meeting him chest to chest.

“Okay. So, you caught us in our lie. I’m sorry. But if I told you about the hospital you would talked me out of it and I didn’t want that.” Hana took a second to bite her lip. Her anxiety continued to spike. “I like helping people, Kats. That’s what they are…just people.” She stopped. Expecting Katsuki to blow up as he usually does when Hana defends her differing opinion, but the blonde remained silent. The look on his face was unreadable. “I needed to get out and do something new again. Something even a little dangerous. But I am careful. Izu never lets me walk there alone at night, but I draw the line by walking by myself home after in the daylight. I—”

A strong hand had quickly grasped her wrist and pulled her forward.

She found herself close enough to the blonde that she could almost hear the thump of his heartbeat. He released her arm and put two hot hands on either side of her face.

“I know you. You're pretty much a fucking adrenaline junkie.” He paused. His tone had been rather harsh. Crimson eyes stared deeply into caramel ones. “But this isn’t The States, Hana. You have to be careful. There are…people out there that are dangerous and will hurt you for no reason.” Katsuki ran a thumb softly over her cheek. “You fucking idiot…I don’t want anything to happen to you, I really like my hero costume and I don’t want to trade it for an orange jumpsuit yet.” The edges of his lips turned upward slightly, and he removed his hands from Hana’s face and wrapped them around her waist.

Hana took a step forward to help Katsuki pull her in even closer. She hugged him back tightly and felt her way up and down his muscled back. Rubbing in small circles.

Whoo. That was way less yelling than I expected.

She buried her face deeper into his chest. Inhaling the scent of firewood and burnt sugar.

God. Smelling this good should be considered illegal.

I legit feel high now.

After a second she turned her head so she could speak.

“I know. I really am sorry for lying to you, and for convincing Izu to lie to you to. That was fucked up.” Hana peered past Katsuki’s shoulder to her couch.

“Did you sleep over here? You know I don’t get home until around 8. Plenty of time for you to wake up and get over here for this sneak attack.” Hana felt the strong arms enveloping her slacken. She looked up to meet his eyes. “Hey. What’s going on?”

Katsuki released Hana from the hug, but not without noticing that Hana’s grip on her blanket had loosened enough for him to get an eye full of her slim body in a black lace bra and matching panties. The swell of her breasts and curve of her hips had the blonde’s eyes feeling like they were on a rollercoaster.

Fuuuuck.

Wait, what was I just so sad about?

‘ Tch. Oh yea, my life is a mess. I’m checking her out in her underwear at 8 am because I slept on her couch because my boyfriend hates me for saying that I think I love said girl who is now standing here in her underwear.

Hana watched the blush fill into the blonde’s cheeks and followed his gaze to her almost naked body. She quickly wrapped herself back up and fell back onto the stool behind her. Real nice Hana. Real fucking nice. She berated herself.

Hana adjusted herself on the barstool.

“Did you sleep on my couch last night because you and Izu got into an argument about the villain hospital and…about me and Dabi?” She could hear Katsuki grunt at the name.

He walked over to take a seat on the stool next to her and cleared his throat.

“That fucker had something to do with it…” He braced himself against the cool marble of the countertop with both hands. “I slept on your couch last night after Izu and I got into it. Not just about the hospital or…fucking Dabi. We got into it about what we all are or…aren’t.” Katsuki flashed red hot eyes at her before moving his gaze to his hands.

 

Hana didn’t respond. She took her own gaze elsewhere. Shifting between the floor and out the wall of windows. Sunlight was flooding in. Coating the apartment in varying shades of orange.

“What did Izu have to say about what we are…or aren’t?” Hana ran her fingers over the velvety texture of her blanket.

The blonde groaned softly.

“He pretty much shut down and locked himself in the bedroom.”

“Hmmm. That doesn’t sound like that much of a screaming match. You could have stayed on the couch at your place.” Hana countered. Her emotions were running wild and she didn’t know what else to say. The couple never argued much. She has never had to help them get through a spat before.

“Well…It’s because I said something” The pro hero paused. “I felt like he needed space or whatever. And I needed to clear my head.” He reached a hand behind his head to smooth over the short hairs of his undercut.

“What did you say, Kats?” Hana turned in her chair to face him.

Katsuki brought his hand to cover the blush spreading across his cheeks and pretended to rub his temples.

“I…” Fucking think I’m in love you. “don’t want to talk about it.” The blonde stood up quickly, walked back to the couch, and repositioned himself on the armrest.

I have to figure this shit out first. Maybe Izu is into the idea of us all being together, and he just needs time think about telling everyone and shit. Maybe he’s just scared of what people will think or something. He’s still sensitive like that.

Fuck. What am I thinking?

I’m so fucking shitty for doing this to him.

I love him.

I’m sure this isn’t how he saw our relationship going. He can see how a lot of things will go before they happen in fights but this….

 

I should want things to go back to the way they were.We were happy.

We are happy now. Right?

This fucking sucks, but I just need some time to figure shit out.

I don’t want to lose her and I don’t want to hurt Izuku.

I just need some time.

Katsuki lifted his eyes from their fixed position on the grey hardwood floor.

Hana was still sitting there wrapped in her blanket. Her bare feet tangled in the legs of the barstool. A slim finger twirling her favorite curl as she stared off behind him.

“So…are you really going on this date with him? Tonight?” Hana jumped. Startled by the hoarseness of his voice.

“Yea. I really am.” The curl she was twirling escaped her grasp. She looked to meet his eyes.

“Why?” The blonde snorted, crossing his arms.

Hana took a breath and thought about his question. She fought a mix of emotions and sorted through the endless answers she could respond with. But there were really only a few that mattered.

The brunette made complete eye contact with the blonde.

“Katsuki, I’m doing this because…I’m lonely. Even though I am with you two all the time, I feel so alone, like I'm hovering along the outside of something great. Which makes no sense. I know. But I don’t want to suffocate you guys or fuck shit up in your relationship. You love each other so much and you both have been so good to me. I would want to never do anything to ruin it. I’m not saying I want what we are doing to stop, I just don’t want to crowd you guys. My feelings and stuff…it’s complicated.”

Hana pauses and notices that Katsuki’s scowl had completely fallen away. His arms became slack at his sides. He looked sad. She didn’t want him to feel…sad for her. She was doing this because she wanted to be happier. Happier than she is right now pining after a man who is already in love with someone else. She knows she has to be honest and tell Katsuki the real reason she is going out with Dabi.

She takes a deep breath and calls his name to regain his attention.

“Katsuki.”

“Mmm.” He hummed in response.

“I…have feelings for you.” Red eyes flickered. Searching her face for clarity. “I know that sounds stupid because we have sex…together…with Izu.” She pauses to close her eyes and refocus. “I really like you. You’re kind of everything for me. You make me feel safe and protected but not helpless. You don’t treat me like I’m some fragile piece of glass even though I’m not some fierce hero like your other friends. You’re kind of a dick, but Jirou says that’s my type. Only because you aren’t a dick to me. I think you’re adventurous…or at least you want to be. You make me laugh. You’re…beautiful and sexy and attentive.” Hana takes a breath. She comes to a full stop when she sees the blonde’s face.

He’s smiling at her. A real smile. With his teeth and everything. His cheeks are flushed bright pink and his eyes are almost too bright for her to look at.

Hana realizes that she is smiling too. She tries to shake off her nerves and rings out her hands before placing them on her face to cool down her blushing cheeks.

“Wow. That was embarrassing.” She chokes out. God. At least he thinks this is entertaining and he isn’t throttling me.

After a few seconds the euphoria settles and reality returns.

She takes another beat to soak in the smile spread across Katsuki’s face before she breaks the bubble of happiness she knows she shouldn't indulge in.

“But…I don’t like Izu that way. I like what we uh…do together. But that’s it. Just physical.” Hana watches as his smile begins to fade. “I know that my feelings for you can destroy what I have with you now. They could make everything we have right now disappear. I don’t think that Izu is interested in having a relationship with anyone but you and I don’t blame him.” Hana takes a dip breath. “Honestly, I don’t want to be in a relationship with anyone but you either.” Red eyes flicker again. “But I want you to know that I am not trying to change anything. I don’t expect you to leave Izu and for us to ride off into the fucking sun. I mean, you guys are…epic and I don’t want to hurt Izu. It’s just… I can’t keep chasing you in my head like that…”

The blonde had slipped from the arm rest and is now resting heavily into the couch cushions. His hands are shaking as he repeatedly grips his knees. He’s biting his lower lip and roughly aiming his breath upward to dry the tears threatening to form on his lash line.

Hana is standing in front of him. She moves the blanket around to cover her as she carefully lowers herself down to sit on the coffee table.

Katsuki is crying?

Katsuki can cry?

“Kats. What’s wrong? I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to put you in a position. I just…thought you should know the truth.” Hana reached forward and grabbed a hot, calloused hand and placed it in her lap. She slowly ran her fingers up and down his thick forearm to calm him.

She likes me.

I wasn’t crazy. There is something here that isn’t just sex. I make her feel safe.

Hell, all I want to do is protect her from everything. I protect people every day but…this is different. Hana can’t exactly healing people away from her like Izu can wreck somebody’s day with one kick.

She thinks I am adventurous, or at least that I want to be. I’ve always envied her stories from her gap year. All those hikes, the camping, and getting away from it all. If I wasn’t a hero I would go anywhere with her…we would never stop.

Fuck.

I felt like a piece of shit before, but now I feel worse.

Izuku. I’m sorry.

 

Katsuki takes a deep breath, stilling his nerves. He looks down from the ceiling and locks eyes with the brunette across from him.

“Hana, I have feelings for you too.”

The brunette stopped tracing the veins up the blonde’s arm.

Honey-pot eyes raised to meet crimson. She searched his softened face. The clear signs of a panic attack he was displaying moments ago were now gone. All that remained was a soft upturn on the corners of his lips.

“What?” Hana whispered before her lungs caught up to her current situation and stopped breathing in air.

The room felt like it was spinning.

Katsuki lifted a palm to her face, catching a handful of brown ringlets. His touch grounding her. Refilling her lungs.

“I…like you.” I can’t tell her I love her...yet. Too much is still floating in the fucking balance.“I don’t treat you like a piece of glass because you aren’t one. You’re strong. You aren’t scared of anything or anyone. Even when I wish you would be. You don’t put up with anyone’s bullshit. But you aren’t “a dick” about it because you aren’t me.” Katsuki paused to listen to Hana’s laugh. It made his heart flutter.

“I don’t have to tell you that I think you are gorgeous, the most beautiful woman I have ever seen, but I will. I love when you sleep over because I know I can wake up and you’ll be there. I don’t have to wait until you come over or until we go play pool with Kiri. You’re there. Lying next to me. Looking just...like you, fucking insanely beautiful.” Hana had stopped laughing and her pupils were almost fully blown. She leaned heavily into Katsuki’s palm.

“You’re calm and patient. I feel like you can read my mind sometimes. It feels good to be around you because I can be myself. I think I am the most myself when I’m with you…or maybe the person I want to be. I feel like I can relax with you or fucking maybe end up on the other side of the globe with you. You’re outgoing as fuck and I could see us traveling to some crazy ass park in some obscure ass part of the world to ride elephants or some shit like in all those stories you tell us from your time back home. You make me feel like I can do anything.” Katsuki ran his fingers along Hana’s rosy cheek. She stared into his eyes and smiled.

“Even if we didn’t do all that, even when we are just hanging out watching horror movies for a straight month, I feel like I’m actually living. With you, I don’t think about training or being Number 1 as much. Being with you makes all of that seem…like I’m focusing on the wrong things in my life.”

A silence spread between them. Hana placed her hand on top of the one still resting in his lap.

“But---”

“Izuku.” Hana finished that short sentence for him.

“I love him, Hana.” Katsuki inhaled the deepest breath he had taken all day. “...and I loved him first.”

“He’s been the one constant in my whole life. Every good and bad part, he was there. He has been there for me in every way that someone can. When I confessed to him at U.A. I was really scared that would change. But of course, it didn’t. He told me he loved me too.” The warm hand separated from Hana’s cheek as Katsuki quickly stood up. She immediately felt the cold feelings of loneliness sinking in through her cheekbone.

Katsuki put distance between them and returned to his stool at the countertop.

Hana respected his boundaries and took his seat on the couch, leaning over the back to face him.

“He has always gone above and beyond “plus ultra” to make me happy. Hell, to make everyone happy. And I know that if I told him, seriously, that I want to be with both of you he would eventually agree to it.” Katsuki lifted his eyes to look at Hana. She was already watching his face but quickly averted her gaze elsewhere. “But I know that isn’t what he wants…it isn’t what you want either and I respect that.” The blonde reverted back to looking at the floor.

How interesting this hardwood seems to be today?

Hana saw the frown spread across his face.

 

“Katsuki, this is a…very shitty situation. You might feel like I can read your mind, but I can’t. However, I don’t need to be a psychic, or someone with a handy telepathic quirk, to know that you are probably in a level 5 shit storm in there right now.” The blonde let out an airy laugh that released the furrow in his brows which made Hana smile and laugh.

Hearing that laugh again did some things to Katsuki’s heart.

“You need some time to think about of this, I get it.” Hana stood up from the couch, blanket gown in tow, and walked over to stand in front of him. “I’m not going to lie and say that I’m not absolutely stoked that the feelings are mutual though.” She beamed, smiling at Katsuki and placing a small hand on his shoulder. They were almost the same height with him sitting on the barstool. Now his blonde spikes only stood a few inches above her sightline.

Katsuki hummed from her touch on his shoulder. He leaned forward, needing more. He rested his head on her chest, her heart beating a tune into his right ear. So warm. His arms moved without him telling them to and found themselves wrapped around Hana’s small waist.

Hana’s body did the same. Her arms wiggled their way out of the blanket, and one cradled the blonde’s head while the other laid to rest across the top of his broad shoulders. She rested her left cheek into a bed of sunshine hair. Releasing a hum of her own once she felt enveloped in the pro hero’s body heat.

Katsuki inhaled a sharp breath to remind himself of their current situation.

“So…you’re still going on your date tonight? Even though you know that I, the beautiful and sexy Katsuki Bakugou, confessed my l---feelings for you?” The blonde caught himself at the end and gave Hana’s waist a light to squeeze to let her know that he was just fucking with her.

Hana sighed. Sinking deeper into the hug.

“Yes, Oh Great One.” Hana paused to giggle. “I am still going.” Her hand making small strokes through Katsuki’s hair. “Life goes on and you need time to make sense of everything. I, again, want to remind you that I don’t expect you to leave Izu and run away to Africa or whatever with me. I care about you and respect you guys individually and your relationship too much to ever expect that of you.” Hana felt Katsuki’s arms tighten around her once more. This time he didn’t loosen up.

“Katsuki, I’m not going anywhere. No matter what happens. Whatever you think is best for you, I can live with it. As long as you want me in your life, in whatever way that is, I’ll be here.” She felt the blonde take a deep breath. The blanket had shifted, and she could now feel the tickle of his exhalations on her bare skin beneath her lace bra.

Lord, Jesus, Satan, Michael Jackson, whoever is up/down there please help me.

Hana took a beat to refocus.

“But I’m going tonight. For myself. To get out of this…state of patheticness and to give it a chance. I actually do like him.” Katsuki’s arms flexed again and the hug was beginning to feel more like a vice grip. “I will spare you the details. I’m sure Izu plead his case for me and you must have listened some seeing as I still had an apartment to come home to…and you haven’t killed me yet.” To this the blonde actually let out a small laugh, Hana’s lungs were able to expand again.

Katsuki huffed before he spoke, and his voice came out in a gruff whisper.

“Thanks for sparing the details. If I hear the word “brainwashing” one more time I might spring Ole Shiggy out of jail to find the fucker and pay him to “brainwash” me into not remembering any of you.” Katsuki scoffed and nuzzled his face underneath the blanket until he felt the smoothness of Hana’s naked skin. He heard her breath hitch as he released another breath against her chest. He loves to watch her squirm. “But I understand. I want you to be happy and right now I have no idea what I’m going do. Izu told me you have doubts about how things could go on this date. But if things actually go well tonight…will you promise to take things slow with him? For me.”

Katsuki meant it when he said he wants her to be happy, but he wouldn’t be lying if he told her right now that he wishes it was him and not with Dabi she was going out with tonight. But even he isn’t a big enough dick to ask her to put her life on hold for a guy that has been in a relationship for almost six years with his childhood best friend and hero duo partner.

“Yes.” Hana tightened her arm around Katsuki’s shoulders. “I promise that if things happen to go well, which they possibly won’t, I will take things slow. I mean, I think that’s normal after going on a date with someone you’ve only known for a few months. I don’t know him like I know…you. I don’t want to rush into anything anyway. So, take your time figuring shit out and go fix things with Izu! I’m sure he is wondering where you are.” Hana glanced at the clock. “It’s almost 10am. Even he should be awake by now. Tell him you crashed on my couch. I’m sure he suspects that anyways. You fled the scene of your “couple’s spat” without any shoes, Cinderella!” The brunette gave him a slight pinch on his right shoulder blade.

“Ouch! Don’t call it a “spat” that sounds lame as fuck! And don’t start a fight you can’t win!” Katsuki mocked, before engaging in a full-on tickle attack at Hana’s exposed sides.

“Hey! Fuck off. You know I fucking hate being tickled!” Hana squealed in defiance, but Katsuki had already managed to stand up from the barstool. His height giving him the advantage and he easily towered over her, his arms still tight around her and eating at her sides. Her weak spots were easily detectable since the blanket had long ago hit the floor. Hana was unable to tickle him back because her arms were trapped above his shoulders. She managed to land a few light slaps to the back of his head before he waved the white flag of surrender.

“Knock it off! Slapping me on the back of my head reminds me of my mom and I don’t wanna think of my mom right now with you standing here in your underwear!” The blonde manages to spout out through a fit a laughter and sheepishly rubbing his scalp underneath the short hairs of his undercut.

“Don’t underwear shame me! And don’t act like you’re all feeble from a few slaps. Maybe if you let that hair grow back it could help cushion the blows. Let it all grow out long like the top of it was before you got all moody boy and cut it almost two years ago, Cinderella!” Hana mocked and pulled at the short hairs with both hands.

Katsuki wrapped his arms around her bare waist again and lowered his head to bury his laughter in her neck. While catching his breath he was overwhelmed with the smell of cedar and rose. Hana’s signature perfume. He assumed it was perfume, even though he has never seen a bottle of it on her dresser, because there is no way she naturally smells like that. Katsuki like it because it’s not overwhelmingly feminine. He can spend all day with Hana and then go hang with Kiri without worrying if he smells like his grandma’s closet. Then for days after that those clothes will still smell like her and that makes him really happy. Her scent can calm him down after he’s had a long day of whooping ass…or really put him into a different mood that makes him think of her ass.

Hana’s arms tightened around his neck as she leaned into another hug. They stayed like that for a few minutes. Katsuki fully clothed in grey joggers and a black tank top and Hana in her underwear. Their breathing evening out from the tickle/slap war and their heartbeats slowing down, melding into one another chest to chest. Maybe it was a giant release of serotonin from the laughing fit, but for a moment it was pure bliss. Just the two of them clinging to one another.

Katsuki breathed into Hana’s neck. He watched as the tiny mountains of goosebumps rose up and spread across her back.

That reaction was all it took, and he was hooked.

Hot hands explored the smooth skin on Hana’s back. Tracing up and down the length of her spine with just the fingertips. He was well practiced with his quirk and Hana’s healing ability allowed him to use it on her without leaving a scratch. Her balance began to falter, but Katsuki took that as an opportunity to pull her in tight.

Hana felt her entire bodyweight lean into the tall blonde. Every trace along her spine left behind a scorching tingle in its wake. The heat felt good.

Is he using his quirk or am I high on life right now?

A pretty sound left Hana’s mouth that drove Katsuki crazy as soon as he heard it. He wanted to hear it again. He needed to.

Instead of letting another breath go into Hana’s neck, Katsuki let the very tip of his tongue trace along the skin from Hana’s shoulder to just behind her ear. Stopping to deliver light sucks along the way.

There it was again. That pretty noise. It echoed in his ears. Louder this time.

Now, Katsuki had to get to the source of that sound. Swallow it whole, consume all of it.

His head sprung from where it had been hidden in the small of Hana’s neck. Straightening himself, his gaze fell onto to Hana’s face. It was flushed, her pupils blown. He could hardly see the bright gold surrounding them. Messy curls framed her face. He loved her like this. He loved her in every way.

Hana dropped her hooded gaze from crimson eyes to pink, swollen lips. They looked so good and she wanted to taste them.

Katsuki’s eyes bounced between Hana’s full lips and her lust riddled eyes, his own reflecting much the same.

Fuck. I want to kiss her so bad, but I won’t be able to stop.

If I kiss her right now, devour her like I want to, I won’t stop until we are both a mess. Spent and tangled up on the floor, the couch, or the countertop. Fuck. And she’ll be covered in bites, and bruises, and burns. I don’t know what all I could to do her without Izuku around-

Fuck, Izuku.

 

Katsuki flinched.

 

Katsuki flinched and Hana was snapped out of it.

She blinked and reality hit her in the stomach. Hana was standing in her underwear, in her kitchen, with a fully clothed Katsuki. The sun was still flooding in through the wall of windows, shedding light on what they had just done…and almost done.

A moment like this had existed before, in Hana’s dreams. It usually involved the blonde making blueberry waffles and singing along to the music coming through the speakers that he used to swear he hated. He has since admitted that he loves her playlists…which were 50% Jirou’s, but Hana wasn’t nitpicking.

 

In reality, this moment wasn’t hers to have.

 

Hana lowered her hands from Katsuki’s neck, placing one to the center of his chest. He sighed quietly as he unwrapped his arms from around her waist and rested one hand on top of hers. He then lowered his head down to meet the brunette’s. They both closed their eyes and took in this much less pleasant moment, cloaked in the mutual guilt that surrounded them.

Hana and Katsuki had only ever lost themselves like that, just the two of them, once before and they agreed to never let it happen again. Izuku was never privy to the agreement or the situation that led to it but without his presence…or supervision, it made them both feel guilty.

After a couple minutes, Hana stirred and Katsuki let go of her hand. It fell from his chest and he took a few slow steps toward the door. As he reached out for the handle he turned back to Hana.

“Not to lay it on thick or anything, but uh…try not to have too much fun tonight.” Katsuki forced a small smile. “I’ll wait up for you.”

Hana stood, watching him leave. Completely forgetting she was half-naked.

“I’m sure I’ll be out past 8, Kats.” Hana grinned. “Do me the honor of you getting a full nights sleep, Oh Beautiful, Sexy One.” Her melodic laughter and his gruff chuckle filled the room again. The sound still giving Katsuki arrythmias.

“I don’t mind missing out on some beauty sleep, for you.” Katsuki gave his infamous smirk, and he saw a blush spread over Hana’s face once more before he opened the door and slipped through. He was out in the hallway before he felt the flush of his own cheeks.

Notes:

I'm on a high. A good one, like a novice writer's high. Two chapters within 24 hours. Send helpppp.

Hana doesn't pick up on Katsuki saying that "he loved Izuku first" or maybe she chose blissful ignorance.

Also, in my head Bakugou cusses a lot. His favorite word just has to be "fuck" and so does Hana. I want her to be as spicy as him in that way.

Chapter 7

Summary:

“Dabi, the same rules apply here. The same rules you told me before you asked me that question earlier.” Hana leveled herself. Remembering the name of the brother Shoto told her about.

Dabi moved closer. Closing the gap between them and then raised his eyebrows inquisitively.

The brunette took a deep breath and met piercing blue eyes.

“A-are you Touya? Touya…Todoroki?”

 

This chapter. This chapter right here is going to change everything.

I had a hard time picking out what to use for my summary because there were so many good options. But I didn't want to pick anything that changed the focus of this chapter because it is no doubt all about Dabi.

 

So prepare yourself for a bit of a longer read. I just couldn't boil it down any. But it is all good! See in you the comments, hopefully :)

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

It was around 6:30 that same evening.

Izuku had texted Hana a couple hours ago wishing her luck tonight and told her that they would pick a lame scary movie to watch without her tonight. She half-smiled at the text, assuming Katsuki had smoothed things over at home.

She did her best to put the text and the revelations from that morning onto the back burner of her mind, to no success. Her mind was still reeling from Katsuki’s confession.

After all this time, something she had dreamed about, but accepted that it wasn’t in the cards had finally come true. Well, half of the dream.

Katsuki really did have feelings for her. His feelings for her were just intertwined with his love for his long-term boyfriend.

And that moment they shared after…she could still feel the burn running up her spine. Maybe she was letting them heal slowly on purpose, but that was her prerogative. She’d heal them before Izuku got the chance to find them.

Hana let out a loud sigh into her empty apartment.

He will never leave Izu and I don’t want him to. I’m probably just fucking him up, both of them. Everywhere I go, that’s the one thing I’m always good at. Destroying myself and everyone around me.

Uh. Backburner.

Hana reminded herself and turned her focus back to the full-length mirror. She was giving her outfit one final look over.

She had on loose black jeans that cuffed at the bottom and hugged her curves near the top. Her favorite rust colored blouse that buttoned down the front. She only closed the last few to let the black lace of her bra peak out at the center of her chest when she moved. She paired the top and jeans with chunky platform black Doc Marten’s and threw on her thrifted cropped leather jacket that she bought back home.

The entire ensemble reminded her of how she dressed back in the States. Those were different times; her color palette had turned into more neutrals, but half of her closet was still full of the dark clothing from her past.

Hana shook those thoughts away and flipped her hair to give it a fluff. At its longest, her curls stopped at the small of her back. There wasn’t really a style she liked that tamed the curls, so she left it down.

Her phone lit up. A text from Dabi.

I’m outside. Take your time (:

Hana smiled at the screen before sliding the phone into her back pocket.

She asked Dabi to meet her downstairs and told her “neighbors” that he wasn’t picking her up until 7:30 so she could prevent an awkward meetup in the hallway. Katsuki had already gotten her with the sneak attack once today. Not again.

Dabi was understanding about it. She had a sense that he either thought Katsuki was very protective or was planning on hauling him to the nearest precinct on principle alone.

Hana stopped at the mirror by the front door for one last pep talk.

This will be fun. No possibility of third wheeling. Just two people going on a date. As two people usually do. Be easy, Hana. Be easy.

With one last inner scream at the fact that yea, Dabi was once a villain that did some shady shit, he isn’t like that anymore. And even if he was, he is still just a person.

She threw her keys in her jacket pocket and walked out the door, guiding it until it closed very softly.

She tiptoed to turn around and look at the boys’ door.

Her mind drifted back to this morning and she caught the scent of firewood and burnt sugar. She remembered the heat of his fingertips dragging up her spine, the burns that were still there.

Pinching herself, she snapped out of it and focused her energy. She used it to heal the burn marks.

Clean slate. She thought as she tiptoed to the elevator and quietly jumped in when it arrived. The doors shut quickly, and she let out a sharp exhale.

Her peace was short lived because as soon as the elevator doors opened on the first floor she was met with a pair of piercing cerulean blue eyes.

Her mouth opened but no words came, and she tripped over the threshold on her way out.

A strong arm caught her from behind and she gazed up, into those blue eyes.

“I’m glad I came inside to meet you. Hate to see what kind of trouble you had getting into the elevator, Kitten.” His low, gristly voice bounced between her ears. Shit. Way to make a first impression, Hana.

She recovered quickly as Dabi helped her regain her balance.

Be easy, Hana. Easy.

“You should’ve seen the way I absolutely wrecked the stairs last week. That’s why I had to use the elevator. I’m banned.” Hana shrugged her shoulders, smiling to herself as she waved to the doorman across the room.

“Okay, so you’re funny too. Not just graceful.” Dabi opened the door for her on the way on way out.

“Oh yea. I usually try to keep my falls to a minimum on the first date. I’m okay, as long as I can heal myself, you know.” Hana’s eyes met Dabi’s momentarily as the stepped onto the sidewalk.

“Don’t worry, you’re safe with me.” He assured her and walked next to her down the block.

Hana smiled. Her cheeks threatening to blush already.

Damn, he looks so…good. But in a refined, bad boy way.

Hana took a few seconds on the walk to wherever Dabi had parked his car to assess her date’s outfit. He was wearing tight black jeans with a chain hanging from the front right pocket connected to one of his belt loops, black boots and a dark grey sweater that hugged the taper of his waist.

From the side, his profile was insane. The sharpness of his jawline and fullness of his lips were making it hard for Hana to walk. Again. Hana hardly registered the purple burns covering most of his face and his hands until one of the staples began to glint in the light from the streetlights and signs around them.

Dabi had parked around the corner from the apartment, on the side of the building that her apartment faced.

“Your apartment building seemed nice. The door guy was really friendly, seemed a little surprised when I told him who I was waiting for.” Dabi gestured Hana towards an all-black motorcycle parked in front of them.

She tried her best to respond to Dabi’s comment about her apartment while thinking back to the last time she rode anything on two wheels.

“Yea, that’s Gary. He’s chatty. He probably is surprised to see me leaving the building without…Katsuki or Izuku.…and I don’t really go on that many dates.” Hana leaned back to scoop her hair up into the helmet Dabi had handed her. “I like it here though. That’s my apartment right there. The one with the twinkly lights and plants hanging from the ceiling.”
Hana pulled the helmet on with ease and was waiting for the raven-haired man to do the same when she realized he was staring at her.

“What? Do I look stupid? I have a lot of hair, okay? I think it’s all in here.” Hana began to feel around the edges of the helmet when she heard laughter. She looked back up to see Dabi bent over, grasping his thighs as he tried to regain his composure.

“Okay. Two things, you don’t look stupid. Other girls I have taken on this bike usually refuse to wear it because they don’t want to mess up their hair or they simply don’t know how to put a helmet on.” Hana blushed, impressed with herself, but Dabi couldn’t see that through the helmet. “Secondly, you just told an Ex-Villain, a guy your two Pro-Hero best friends and neighbors probably hate, exactly where you live.” Dabi looked at her, expecting her to clam up with regret.

Hana thought to herself for a second before giggling.

Dabi leaned back onto his bike, stunned.

“Okay, my two things." The brunette mocked and waved two fingers in front of her bobbing, helmeted head.

"I um...knew someone back home that had a bike. I learned how to ride when I was 19. So, therefore, I've known how to put on a helmet for YEARS."

Hana scoffed.

“Next and last, I’ve already told you once and I won’t say it again. I am not scared of you, Dabi. Get over it.”

Hana finished her monologue and Dabi processed what she had said. He took the time to also take in how beautiful she was. Not only was she beautiful, even in a motorcycle helmet with the oversized head Bratz doll thing going on, but she was…confident. Powerful. She seemed soft spoken up until now, but he can now see how her and that hot-head hero got on so well.

This girl…

“So are we going to on this mystery date or are we going to hang out on the sidewalk all night? Or are you too scared of me?" Hana told a confident step towards him and the bike.

Oh, this girl…Hana.

“Okay, okay let’s go. But tell me, have you been faking that sweet, soft spoken healer girl act with me because now I see how you probably handle your patients…” Dabi continued to joke and she didn’t even act offended when he called her out for throwing his attitude right back at him.

She held onto his waist as they whipped through the streets on his bike. Ignoring a few traffic laws and speed limits in their path. Hana’s laugh rang into Dabi’s ears and he loved it. The sound of it made him smile, the white flash of teeth hidden behind his helmet. He loved the way Hana held on just enough to stay secure. He didn’t feel like he was being squeezed to death like he had been by other girls in the past. Hana was sure of herself and balanced her own weight. With the speed he was going for Hana to still be holding on so loosely he figured Hana also had some experience living on the wild side.

The ride continued in comfortable silence, besides the howl of the engine and steady hum of the bike beneath their legs. Soon they pulled up to a curb of a park on the outskirts of the city. It was dark now, and being farther from the city lights, it was easier to see the stars and the light from the moon lit the path ahead of them as they walked. The light from the moon casting nighttime shadows off the trees onto lush, green grass.

“Not to doubt you again, but you haven’t asked where we are going…” Dabi paused, feeling the back of his hand brush against the warmth of Hana’s fingers.

“Eh, surprise me. It’s beautiful out here. I’ve never been at night before.” Hana beamed a smile over to Dabi. Breaking her eyes away from the sight of the trees and stars momentarily.

She really trusts me. Dabi used the bolster to his confidence to scoop up Hana’s hand in his own and intertwine their fingers.

Hana felt a blush rise to her cheeks and she was suddenly very glad that it was dark. A soft smile resting on her face as they came upon a path that was lit with candles. The path led to a table that was set up in next to a beautiful light blue lake. Even in the dark she could see how clear the water was.

She stopped for a second when she heard two other voices coming from their right. She subconsciously squeezed Dabi’s hand even tighter and felt herself lean into his side.

“It’s okay Kitten. They’re my friends. They helped me set this up for you.” Hana broke her gaze with the cerulean blue eyes that almost matched the lake in front of them, Dabi’s eyes were brighter.

As she turned to look back towards the other two people, a blonde tuft of hair bounced in front of her. Barely coming to a stop in time enough to keep from bumping into her. Dabi reached an arm out in front of her. Creating a barrier wall.

“Whoa, Toga. You come on a little strong sometimes.” The shorter girl smiled wide up at Dabi, obviously used to his teasing, before returning her focus to Hana.

“Wow. You are pretty. Really pretty. Can I touch your hair? It’s so fucking curly!” Dabi caught Toga’s hand as it sliced through the air towards Hana’s head. “Dabi! I promise, no blood. See, no knives.” She opened both palms for Dabi to give them a once over. “I just wanna touch her hair…please.”

Hana spoke up and placed a hand on his wrist.

“Sure! Go for it. It might be a little smooshed from the helmet, but you can play with it all you want.” Hana leaned towards Toga as she felt a hand get to work on twirling and bouncing her curls. Dabi’s grip on her right hand tightened and she reassured him everything was cool by rubbing circles on the back of it with her small thumb.

“Wow! She really is nice. I like her.” Toga cooed. Dabi had loosened his grip on Hana but gently swatted Toga away with his other hand. “Okay. That’s enough Toga!”

A deeper voice broke up the squabble of hair and hands and they all stopped to face the other one of Dabi’s friends.

“You must be Hana. I’m Kai.” A gloved palm stretched out to greet her.

I think I have heard this guy’s voice before, and he looks really familiar. Hana thought to herself as she reached out her hand for an introduction. It was quickly pulled back by Dabi. Toga whined.

“I don’t think we will take our chances with that today Kai. Not trying to sound like an ass. She may be a healer, but I don’t think she can regenerate body parts.” Dabi tried his best to sound regretful over having to interfere with their introduction.

It clicked in Hana’s mind who the man in front of her was.

“I met you at the… Hospital in Hosu a couple months back. You came in after…well you know. I think I shook your hand back then when you were wearing your gloves. It’s fine.” Hana wriggled her hand free of Dabi’s grip. He let her.

Kai gripped the girl’s hand softly as he took in her smile and the kindness in her honey-golden eyes. Wow. She is different.

“I agree with Toga. You are really kind. Just as Dabi said you would be.” Kai maintained a lingering grip on Hana’s right hand. “Thank you for taking care of me back then. I didn’t think you would remember me…um, thank you, Hana.”

Dabi grunted and Kai released her hand.

“Well, we hope you enjoy what we put together! It was all Dabi’s idea, he got all the stuff together and cooked the food himself! We just set it up.” Toga bounced up and down a few more times before jumping towards Hana with a hug. Dabi thought about stopping her but he saw Hana take a step towards Toga and lean into it. The girls hugged and said goodbye. Kai shot a two-finger wave goodbye to Hana and lightly bumped fists with Dabi before Toga tackled him with a hug too.

Once they were alone, Dabi turned to Hana and offered his hand to her again.

“Shall we?”

Hana dramatically took his hand, and they found their way to the table.

Dabi prompted her to remove the cloche over the dish that was directly in front of her. When she did, she gasped. The plate was full of pasta and the aroma from the food almost brought her to tears.

Hana is a foodie and a pasta addict. She has no problem with carbs.

“It’s vegan. I’ve heard you talk about it before so…I made everything here to your liking. I tasted a little and it’s actually pretty good.” Dabi beamed, proud of himself.

“Fuck, this looks delicious. I mean…excuse me. I can’t stop myself. I..it’s hard for me to hold back my language. I’m so sorry to curse over this amazing meal you made, for me to eat with you in this fuc—beautiful place.” Hana blushed and brought her palm to her face. Wow. I’m seriously clinical. Maybe I do need help.

“Wow.” She heard Dabi say from across the candlelit table. He was busy committing Hana's dirty mouth to memory to notice her eyes on him. She peaked through her fingers to see the raven-haired man smiling bigger than he had all night so far. The orange glow from the candles bounced between the staples and his ocean blue eyes, making his entire face seem like it was glistening. Hana was about to replace the fingers over her face because she thought she would burst if she kept looking into those eyes when she heard him speak again.

“I think I might already be in love with you…it’s too soon right?” Dabi hummed a small laugh.

Fuck. This man. I’m doomed. He could dump me in this lake right now and I would thank him.

The conversation throughout dinner flowed easily. Dabi explained the main dish was a Vegan Pumpkin-Based sauce over red lentil pasta. He thought the pumpkin base went great with the Autumn evening. This steered the conversation in the direction of his businesses. Dabi’s bars sustained most of his income, while the restaurant was still in the start up phase. He was currently working with his head chef on the proposed menu. He was thinking it would a step below fine dining. Something that stayed open a little later to catch those want to start their evening late or end it early, a place for business types passing through town or those looking for somewhere to hold a casual meeting. Everything else was finished. He showed her pictures of the inside on his phone. The place was beautiful, and it reflected these new parts of Dabi she was learning about. She had been right about the refined, bad boy thing.

Next Dabi asked her about her job. She told him about working in the ER in the hospital downtown by her place. Hana had him doubled over when she told the raven-haired man about one time when Endeavor held an entire press conference in front of the hospital with the back of his hospital gown wide open. Before he turned around to leave Hana jumped behind him and held it closed. He made her promise not to tell anyone, especially Shoto. Who she definitely had already sent a picture of his bare ass to when he was distracted with the press conference.

Dabi found that story particularly hilarious and begged her to send him the photo. She refused. Claiming that the man would probably kill her if he found out.

The raven-haired man was surprised to learn that she and the youngest Todoroki had dated awhile ago. He said he was surprised to hear it because the kid seemed too stoic to keep her entertained. Hana sugarcoated the awkwardness of the truth by saying she did end up being a little too much for him in the end.

Dabi asked if her “neighbors” liked him since they were all so close already. He remembered that they competed in the Sports Festival together years ago…he neglected the other times he had run ins with The Big Three during his “Frankenstein” period. That’s what he liked to call it.

Hana explained that the two pro heroes liked the other one very well, but Katsuki managed to still be overprotective at times.

“He felt like he needed to protect you from Stoic Shoto even though he has known him for years?” Dabi brought his wine glass to his lips.

“Yeah. He’s just like that…” Hana took a long sip from her own glass.

Dabi watched as she downed the last of her glass.

He asked her more questions about her “Do-Good” neighbors.

Hana told him about how they met when they all moved into the brand-new building almost two years ago, how she accidently knocked Izu over with a stack of boxes. She felt the heat of Katsuki’s bad side that day. But they ended the night drinking and eating pizza on the couch in her apartment. It was the only piece of furniture in either of their places at the time. She told him that as time went on, they hung out more.

Once they introduced her to their group of friends, Hana quickly found her place in the group. They invited her to all of their parties and out for drinks with them. She told him how she really hit it off with Jirou and they have been best friends ever since. She eventually started joining them on their trips home to visit their parents and they even went on a few vacations together. Dabi laughed when she told him that she whoops ass with the blonde and Kirishima, his best friend, every Friday night at the Billiard’s Club downtown…except for tonight. He let her know that made him feel special.

Skirting around the obvious with Dabi was easier for Hana, than it is with all of her other friends. Besides Jirou. Or at least she thought it was…

Dinner was over and Dabi asked if Hana wanted to go for a walk with him around the park. He assured her that Toga and Kai would come help him clean up later, so she didn’t need to worry about it.

She checked her watch. It was just past 11. She hadn’t gotten any texts or calls from the blonde yet, so she figured he had taken her advice and gone to bed early. He looked exhausted earlier…and all she did was add to his stress.

Hana was idling by the table. Waiting as Dabi blew out the candles along the path. Her hand was running down the length of the zipper on her jacket when she recalled a piece of the conversation with Katsuki earlier. A part of their talk that she had to mentally strong-arm herself into not responding to for fear that she would do something she would have regretted.

“I love him, Hana…and I loved him first.”

The brunette braced herself against the back of her chair. Her legs began to shake as she thought about the blonde saying those words.

Does that mean…Does that mean he loves me too?

Katsuki loves me?

Hana was deep in her thoughts and didn’t notice the raven-haired man watching her puzzlingly.

“You okay?” Hana startled. “You seemed like you went somewhere else for a minute…” Dabi gently grabbed her hand as they began their walk around the lake.

Hana let her hand be taken into his. She tightened her grip around his long, pale fingers as if his touch could help her shake off her feelings of guilt and confusion.

“Yeah. I’m okay.” The brunette placed her other hand across her stomach. “Just working off this food coma.” She turned and flashed a comforting smile to the raven-haired man walking beside her.

The moonlight was bouncing off of the staples on his face again and she could now see the light reflecting off the ones on the exposed skin of his collarbones that were visible around the neck of his sweater.

Her gazes didn’t go unnoticed by Dabi.

“I know…” Dabi paused to exhale a sharp breath. “These burns, the staples…they’re ugly and hard to ignore.” He broke his grip on her hand to straighten his sweater closer to his neck to cover his chest.

Hana stopped walking and took both of her hands to his chest. She pulled the collar of his sweater back down and ran her fingers over the burns and staples there. Then she used her other hand to gently trace the ones on his face.

“Dabi, you’re…beautiful.”

To this, the brunette could hear Dabi’s breath hitch. A light pink flush crawled up his neck to his face.

Beautiful? He thought to himself. I’ve never been called that before. I’ve heard hot, dangerous, and fucking scary. But never…beautiful.

The raven-haired man raised his hands to the sides of Hana’s face. Her golden eyes were absolutely glowing in the light from the moon and its refection on the light blue lake danced on her tan skin. She looked positively ethereal.

Dabi lowered his head and his lips stopped to hover above hers. They were bright pink and looked soft enough to sleep on.

Hana leaned forward, slowly. Her presence softening. Letting the stress from the morning’s events roll off of her. She was here now. Doing this with Dabi. Taking a break from the absolute mess of her life with Katsuki and Izuku.

The thought of her “neighbors” pushed her to close the distance between herself and Dabi. Their lips met, teeth clashed, and she felt his tongue swipe over her bottom lip. She used her teeth to bite at his. Earning a light groan that came from somewhere deep in the raven-haired man. She pressed into it. Her tongue lingered into his mouth.

She felt one of Dabi’s hands leave her face. She whined lightly at the loss of touch but stopped when she felt his hand come to rest on the small of her back, pulling her deeper into the kiss. He released a small laugh into her mouth. Teasing her for missing his touch.

They continued their passionate kiss until Dabi broke away, gasping for breath.

Hana was also in need of oxygen, but she still found herself smiling at Dabi’s disheveled state.

Oh yea, he’s scary all right. Hana thought to herself.

Dabi’s pale skin, that she could see uninterrupted by the burns, was completely flushed bright red. His entire body was relaxed, and he was smiling back at her between rushed breaths.

“So maybe you’re right…I might be a little scared of you.” He released another small laugh before grabbing for her hand.

Hana folded her own into his and pulled him to sit down against a large tree on the side of the lake.

They sat there for a few minutes to take in the sight of the still lake, glowing in the moonlight. Hana sitting with her back pressed against Dabi’s chest, positioned between his legs. Their fingers on both hands intertwined and resting in Hana’s lap and their weight resting against the tree behind them.

Hana felt safe and her heart was light in her chest. Dabi leaned forward to nuzzle his face into her hair. Her smell was driving him crazy. It was sweet, but with a slight masculinity…there was a scent of strength coming from Hana and he loved it. He wanted to fully envelope himself into her. But there was also some mystery coming from the brunette. Something she was hiding from him, and maybe from everyone else.

Dabi raised his head to lean back against the tree and cleared his throat to speak.

“So, I’m going to ask you something and you don’t have to answer me if you don’t want to.” Dabi felt the muscles in Hana’s back tense and she squeezed his hands tightly, but she didn’t turn around to face him.

“Okay.” Hana said flatly. Her mind already steeling itself in preparation for Dabi’s question.

“This friendship that you have with your “neighbors” …is it something more than passing a cup of sugar back and forth and scary movies?” Dabi heard a breath hiss from Hana’s lips. “It’s just that before we kissed earlier, it felt like you had to let go of something before you fully…got into it, you know.”

Hana released Dabi’s hands and pulled them to her face to cover her mouth.

Fuck. He knows.

Why am I so bad at hiding this when it matters the most?

The brunette sat up and braced her weight on her right thigh to turn around and face Dabi.

His expression was relaxed, his arms were open. Each hand resting softly on his thighs. His cerulean blue eyes were fixed on her face. They didn’t look angry or judgmental, he just looked calm as he waited for her answer.

Maybe I should tell him.

I like him and tonight has been perfect. He shouldn’t be wasting his time on me…

God the way he planned all of this, got his friends to help, and just did everything he could to make me feel special.

I don’t deserve it. I don’t deserve him.

I’ll tell him and he’ll go away. He’ll go find someone else that isn’t a fucking disaster storm. He’ll probably hate me and think I’m a slut or a homewrecker.

Hana calmed her shaky breaths and pressed her palms together in front of her face. She peaked above her fingertips to look at Dabi’s calm face once more.

He’s so beautiful and calm. Everything I have heard about him should make me want to run away but it doesn’t.

He makes me feel safe and those eyes…I just want to sink into them.

But no, I have to tell him the truth.

So he can go away…

Hana released her hands from in front of her face and took a deep breath. She was facing him now.

“Yes.” Hana gulped. “My friendship with Katsuki and Izu is…something more.” She expected him to look at her disgusted and to already be on his feet abandoning her miles away from home. But he was still sitting there, his face calm and his blue eyes trained on hers.

“It started a few months after we all moved into the building. We had been hanging out a lot more and after a weird week of Izu making me feel like I was under a microscope and Kats avoiding eye contact with me, Izuku “propositioned me.” Hana moved her gaze up to the tree branches dangling above them.

“He asked if I wanted to do a no-strings attached sexual relationship type thing with him and Kats.” Hana paused to take in some more air and gather her thoughts. “He said it would have to be a big secret. None of their friends could know. That it would be easy to hide from the media since I wasn’t a pro and we had all already been photographed by the paparazzi which told the story that we were friends.”

A silence lingered for a few seconds. Hana maintained her view of the tree above them. Dabi spoke first.

“—and you said yes?” His voice was even. He still wasn’t giving her the idea that he would run.

“I said yes.” Hana responded. Dropping her eyes down to meet his again. “I said yes because I thought it would be fun and I’m not going to lie and say the physical attraction wasn’t there. Izu is Japan’s sweetheart and Kats is everyone’s favorite sexy, “bad boy”.” Dabi interrupted by placing a fist over his heart.

“Hey, I thought that was my title.” Dabi teased and the break in seriousness allowed Hana to release the white-knuckle grip she had on her jeans.

After they had both enjoyed a small laugh, Dabi covered Hana’s hand with one of his own. She wasn’t understanding how he was still acting like this was still just a regular date between two people.

Dabi’s voice broke her train of thought.

“So you guys just started hooking up and turned into a “throuple” or whatever?” Dabi questioned before moving his gaze back out onto the lake.

“Ha ha. No, we aren’t a “throuple”. Hana joined him in looking back at the lake over her shoulder. “They are still just them and I am just me. Our friendship is still there, it had even gotten stronger there for a minute. We still do all the same things, just that plus sex a few times a week.” Hana cringed hearing herself say that out loud, but Dabi remained the same. Calmly gazing at the water.

“But things have changed recently, gotten a little more complicated…” Hana trailed off. Thoughts from that morning were resurfacing. She thought of herself in her underwear and Katsuki holding her in the kitchen. She jumped a little when Dabi’s voice whispered next to her right ear.

“The blonde one. He likes you, more than the usual “no strings attached” amount.” He placed one warm hand on her left shoulder.

Hana leaned into its heat.

“Yea…what gave it away?” She leaned over to rest her head on her right knee that she had curled up to herself.

“Well, Izuku already knows me. I assume he knew about our date tonight. So, I’m guessing Katsuki is the reason I had to meet you out front of your building.” Dabi paused to pull Hana up against him and lean them both back onto the tree once more. “I would guess that he knows you are out on a date tonight, since you keep checking your phone. He doesn’t know it’s me you're out with though, am I right?”

Hana felt herself relax into his arms as they wrapped lightly around her waist.

“You’re right. He doesn’t know it’s you.” The brunette sucked a quick breath in between her teeth. “He didn’t buy into you guys’ brainwashing and public apology.” Referring to Dabi, Kai, and Toga. They had all been subdued by Shigaraki’s methods.

“I don’t blame him.” The raven-haired man stiffened behind her. “It’s a lame-ass excuse for what I did. What we did, it’s unforgivable. I hope you believe that I really am not that person anymore. I take all responsibility for getting myself into that situation and I am trying to make my peace with it. I was working through something and I thought Shig was just another guy going through a hard time and spouting out crazy stuf—” Hana reached behind herself to take a handful of black hair.

“Dabi, I know. I trust you. I believe that you wouldn’t do those things without that kind of heavy outside influence.” The brunette softly stroked straight, raven hair. “It’s okay and you don’t need to explain that part of your life to me again. You’re not that person anymore, you never were.”

Dabi leaned forward into her touch, he reached up to grab her hand and brought it to his mouth. He placed a kiss on the inside of her palm.

The sensation and warm gesture gave Hana chills up her arm.

Dabi held her hand to his cheek for a moment before speaking.

“So, I’m guessing Shoto found out and that’s how you ended up being too much for him to handle?” Dabi’s comment caused Hana to roll her eyes.

“Yea.” The brunette cringed. “But a little while after we broke up, he started hanging with us again and he got over it. He agreed to not tell anyone else and everything is cool now. We aren’t as close as we used to be, but I guess that’s the price to pay. So, it’s just him and Jirou that know.”

Dabi focused his eyes on Hana’s side profile.

“And Bakugou? How do you feel about him?” His focus on Hana’s face increased even more.

Hana’s soft smile faded and then disappeared completely. She took her left hand and ran her thumb across her lips.

“I have to be honest with you, Dabi. Because you deserve it.” Hana looked over to the table where they had started their date. The candles were out, and it seemed like a faded memory. Hiding behind the darkness of the night.

“I have…feelings for him.” Hana paused to swallow her emotions and a deep breath. “I have feelings for him that I don’t have for Izuku. And that complicates things…but I don’t think Izu has those feelings for me either. Which leaves Kats in—” Dabi interrupted.

“a shitty spot.” Dabi cleared his throat. “That leaves Katsuki in a shitty spot. Stuck between his boyfriend and the proverbial Girl Next Door.” Dabi delivered a light squeeze to her waist.

Hana nodded and wrapped her arms around his in front of her.

“So, what are you guys going to do? Does he know how you feel? If he does, I’m sure he isn’t exactly cool with you being out with “some guy” tonight.” Dabi leaned his head back against the tree.

Hana sighed, deeply.

“He knows how I feel.” The brunette paused to lean her own head back against the raven-haired man’s broad chest. “I know telling him probably fucked things up even worse but…I had to tell him so he could understand why I am here tonight. I told him I needed to try to find something of my own, to be happy without feeling like I was overstepping the bounds of our “agreement”. I didn’t want to be forever stuck, pining after him. That was before he confessed to me though…”Hana trailed off to give Dabi sometime to process what she had just told him and to give her a second to fight all of the emotions clawing at her own chest.

“So, this all just happened?” Dabi whispered.

Hana nodded.

“And where do you think that leaves us?” The raven-haired man let out in another deep-voiced whisper that made her cheeks flush.

“I don’t know, Dabi.” Hana breathed. Doing her best to not turn around to face the source of those gruff whispers and sink her teeth into those full lips. “But I do know that I like you and I like this. Us. Just you and me. I can honestly say that this date, even though it has hit a weird confessional point, has been one of the best I’ve ever been on. You’ve been so kind and thoughtful.” Hana paused to turn slightly and meet those glowing blue eyes with her own. “I don’t think I deserve to be here right now…you’re too good to get tangled in this mess with me.”

Dabi felt himself melting into the warmth of those gold-rimmed eyes.

I’m too good, for her?

Hana heals people for a living. Those same people that I have probably put into the hospital before and she’s saying I’m the one who is too good?

The air between them was silent for a moment as Dabi thought about what Hana just said. He also thought about how he wanted things to go with them moving forward.

“I have an idea.” Dabi grabbed Hana’s hips and spun her around. Her legs splayed out and found themselves straddled to the sides of Dabi’s waist. An obvious blush covered the brunette’s face. The raven-haired man grabbed both of Hana’s hands and brought them to his chest. “It sounds likes your blonde friend is going to need some time to figure his way through all of this.” Hana nodded into the space between them. “So, I think we should keep doing this. Going on dates. Getting to know each other. We can take things slow.” The brunette’s ears peaked to hearing this.

“And what about when Kats figures things out on his side? I don’t want to string you along because I don’t know what I would want then…if things with you are…good.” Like I have any doubt. Hana thought to herself.

Dabi smiled, the flash of teeth maintaining Hana’s blush.

“Then we will let the chips fall, however they may.” Dabi leaned forward to kiss the fingers of Hana’s right hand. He still had a firm grasp on both of them. “I think I’m a better person, just having you in my life. Getting to walk you to work these past few months, after meeting you...at the hospital, has been the best part of my week. Every week. And if…things go the other way I can make peace with that too.” Dabi paused and Hana had to focus to keep her jaw from hitting the floor. “I just want to see where this goes…with us. You okay with that?”

Hana smiled softly into the raven-haired man’s face as she thought about his idea.

Taking things slow…Kats said he would be okay with that if the date went well.

And tonight really has been something else. Dabi is…different. Way different from how everyone else has described him. And even more different than how I thought he was after the first few months of knowing him.

He’s confident and easy going. Definitely still on the bad-boy side of life but the way he protected me from Kai and Toga earlier made me feel like he would always make me feel safe.

This is okay right, just until I see how things go with Kats?

But by then…

How will I feel about Dabi?

Hana refocused her gaze into hopeful, cerulean blue eyes.

I think I want to find out.

 

“O-okay” Hana stuttered, stumbling over the single word as she pulled one of her hands free to place it onto Dabi’s warm right cheek. “I want to do this. See how things go and let the chips fall with K-Katsuki however they do. As long as you’re sure you are okay with this.” Hana peered into Dabi’s eyes even deeper. Searching for a shred of hesitation. But she found none.

Dabi placed a hand on the back of Hana’s head and twisted his fingers into the dark bed of curls.

“I’m really fucking okay with this, Hana.”

He leaned forward and she met him in the middle. Their lips pressed together, more gently this time. Hana found herself getting lost in the kiss. He placed little nibbles onto her bottom lip before pressing into her mouth with his tongue. She wrapped her legs completely around his waist, deepening the kiss. The interchanging of tongues quickened, and Hana released a moan into Dabi’s mouth. The raven-haired man gently pulled himself away.

Slow. We’re taking things slow with her, Dabi. Get it together.

If I go as deep in as I want to with her right now…it’ll only make things harder in the future. For both of us.

We have to at least start things off at a pretty slow pace…

Hana leaned back into her hands as she found the ground beneath her again.

“Slow. Right? My bad. I got a little lost there.” Hana blushed, still feeling the heat from Dabi’s mouth on her lips.

He got himself into a standing position before quickly reaching down and grabbing hold of Hana’s outstretched arm to help her up from the grass.

“Slow is the idea, Kitten.” Dabi helped Hana straighten her jacket and pretended to ignore the blush that covered the brunette’s face every time he called her that. He didn’t know where the nickname came from. It just slipped from his lips when he saw her beautiful face look up at him from his hold on her after the brunette’s graceful exit from the elevator. “We’re taking things slow…we’ve got time.” Dabi winked. Hana intertwined their hands as made their way down the path and back to his bike.

The date was over and Dabi was not looking forward to leaving Hana at the front door of her apartment building. He felt good with her. He didn’t want the night to end. He wanted to keep holding her hand and keep feeling her arms wrap around him as they balanced themselves on his bike.

“Have you got time for one more stop?” Dabi looked over his shoulder as he steered the bike towards Hana’s place. She looked over him to her wrist that was held tightly against the firmness of Dabi’s no doubt six-pack abs.

12:15am.

It’s late…

But still no texts from Kats…or Izu.

I’ve got time.

“Yeah.” Hana smiled. “Totally.” Hana thought to herself as Dabi righted himself on the motorcycle. She didn’t want the night to end either. She loved how easy it was to be with Dabi and how understanding he was being. She felt happy.

After a series of lefts and rights, the motorcycle found itself parked on the side of the road in a part of town Hana was very familiar with. They were about a 15-minute walk away from her apartment. This area was popular with artists and more creative types. Hana came over here for yoga and a painting class with Jirou a couple times a month.

They were walking into a tunnel that was lit up with a rainbow of neon lights. Local artists frequently filled in the grey walls with murals and tasteful graffiti.

“I should have suspected that you were an underground artist type.” Hana teased as she felt Dabi’s warm hand find hers again. She leaned over and kissed him lightly on the cheek.

Dabi fought back a blush as he flashed her a slight smile.

“Some of these are actually mine, I have some friendly underground hobbies, Hana.” He teased back as Hana moved her focus to a painting just past Dabi’s right shoulder.

The painting was more of a mural…and it was beautiful. The abstract piece consisted of large swirls of varying blues, light and deep oranges with spots of dark red. The blue swirls were more on the edges of the mural and the large orange and red vortex in the middle seemed to be keeping them there on the outskirts. At the bottom, one of the biggest blue swirls seemed to be reaching out to a smaller one. The smaller was different from the others because it had some orange mixed into the swirls. There was also a deep red swatch through the center.

Hana stood still. Interpreting the familiarity of the painting. She thought back to the proper laughing fit Dabi had at her story about Endeavor and she remembered how easily Dabi had brought up Shoto earlier. He explained that he had noticed him at first from the sports festival, but the way he talked about Shoto differed from how he discussed her other friends. Even Izuku and Katsuki.

That red swatch really reminded her of Shoto’s scar on his face and the three softer blue swirls reminded her of his siblings and mother. That fiery center was definitely worthy of being the man Hana had heard horrible stories about. Shoto’s father. Endeavor. The man gave Hana an eerie feeling. She had found a way to cope with it when she had to tend to him in the hospital, but she can’t bear to shake the thought of him now as she deepened her gaze into the mural.

That last bright blue swirl made her think of Dabi. The color matched his flames.

Flames. Ice.

These weren’t just swirls. They were scorching flames and freezing ice.

But why would Dabi paint this? A picture of the Todoroki family tree.

Hana ripped her eyes from the mural and focused them onto the raven-haired man beside her. He had been intently staring at the painting. The knuckles of his right hand were white, they had been feverishly digging into the skin of his palm. When he felt her gaze on him he met her eyes. He stopped digging into his palm and took a deep breath. Attempting to appear relaxed.

She took in his appearance. His tall height, his soft features, the heavy contrast his dark hair had to his pale skin. It was too dark. His eyebrows weren’t as dark as the hair on his head, but they were a much more natural shade…of almost grey.

He dyes his hair.

 

Hana’s mind went back to a day, almost a year ago, that Shoto had told her about his family and how he had an older brother he had no contact with. He said he didn’t even remember what he looked like and the only pictures he had of him were from when they were little, and he would be at least 25 or 26 by now.

Dabi told Hana that he was 25 when they met back at the hospital. She needed to see his license before she discharged Toga to go home with him. She had gotten cut playing with her knives again. But Dabi claimed he was waiting for his new license to come in the mail, he lost his current one after a wild night out. She took his word for it and let them leave together.

If she looked at his license now, what name would be there? Could Dabi be his real name?

Oh my god. I went out on a date with a guy without even knowing his real name. I really am fucking clinical. Kats is going to kill me.

The brunette returned her gaze to the painting. That bright blue swir—no, that bright blue burst of flames.

Is he...?

She felt Dabi’s warm left-hand tug at her weight.

“You okay?” Dabi tempted. Moving to stand between Hana and the mural. He attempted to keep his voice neutral, but she could hear a hint of suspicion arise at the end.

Hana adjusted herself to meet eyes with him straight on. He wanted me to know. If not, why would he take me here?

The brunette cleared her throat. Making her head clear for what she was about to do.

“Dabi, the same rules apply here. The same rules you told me before you asked me that question earlier.” Hana leveled herself. Remembering the name of the brother Shoto told her about.

Dabi moved closer. Closing the gap between them and then raised his eyebrows inquisitively.

The brunette took a deep breath and met piercing blue eyes.

“A-are you Touya? Touya…Todoroki?” The grip on Hana’s left hand tightened. “You painted this, right? That’s why you took me here? Did you want me to know, because if not I can total—” Dabi interrupted her and unclenched his right hand completely to bring it gently to her face.

When he spoke, his voice was shaky. This was the most unsure of himself he had seemed all night.

“I don’t know why I brought you h-here.” Dabi paused to take a deep breath, it seemed to calm his nerves. “You told me about your “big secret”, and it felt so good to hear you say that you trust me, and I just felt like I could tell you. I don’t know why. Maybe because you know Shoto and I want to know him so bad too.” When Dabi stopped talking, it was Hana’s turn to feel unsure about herself.

“I’m glad you took me here. I appreciate that you feel like you can trust me too, maybe. This is way more serious than what I told you, but you can trust me to keep it to myself.” Hana’s gaze dropped to the floor. “Is that why you wanted to get to know me? Because I am f-friends with Shoto?” Hana swayed backwards onto her heels. Dabi used both hands to reach out and grab her shoulders.

“No. That’s not the reason why I asked you out.” He paused to place a hand under her chin to lift her gaze. “Yes. I knew you were friends from the pictures I’ve seen online that Izuku was talking about and that is how I recognized you from the hospital, but every interaction we had after that was because I wanted to get to know you, Hana. Not Shoto.” Dabi ran a finger over the brunette’s bottom lip.

The gesture served its purpose and Hana smiled softly before she spoke.

“Your secret is yours to tell, when you’re ready.” Hana assured the raven-haired man. Dabi smiled and pulled her into his chest. The brunette hugged him back silently for a few seconds before lifting her head to speak. “But you are going to tell them who you are one day? At least Shoto. He told me about you once. He seemed…confused and he says your siblings miss you. Seems like they still talk about you if Shoto knows who you and it’s been awhile.”

They stood there clinging to one another for enough time for Dabi to compose his thoughts. Hearing his family’s pain hurt him. Even though he knew he did what he had to do to protect himself.

“I will tell them one day.” Dabi let out a shaky breath into Hana’s ear. “I left things really fucking bad. My dad and I got into it one day. I had pushed myself so hard trying to impress him with my quirk, but it was never enough. I knew I had to leave or else he would continue to remind how little cared for me…until there was nothing left. I was in a real dark fucking place. So, I just bolted and lived on the streets. When I turned 18 some sketchy guy hunted me down and gave me a check. I guess it was my trust fund.” Dabi huffed. The air he released was hot enough to make Hana question if there were flames licking her neck. She also felt something wet slipping underneath the collar of her jacket. Dabi was crying. “It was hush money to keep me from revealing who I am. I had long since figured out that Dad told people I was dead. But I was fine with that then. I used it to get myself a place and buy my first bar. I used the money from that bar to buy my second, and now the restaurant. So, I’m doing a lot better than I ever thought I would. I’m still alive.”

Before Dabi could release his arms from Hana’s sides, she pulled him in tighter and started rubbing small circles onto his back. He sunk into the hug again, deeper this time. He didn’t notice when his tears had started to fall, but he saw the wet spot on his sleeve growing and he could see them sliding off of his hand and into Hana’s shirt.

“It’s okay Dabi.” Her voiced startled him. Bringing him back closer to reality. “Whenever you feel ready to go back to them. I know they will understand. I think the not knowing is worse for them, getting the closure that you have been alive this whole time will be hard, but they will know that you did it to survive.”

Dabi leaned back. Taking his weight back under his own control. He had let himself be held up by Hana’s small form. Her eyes were smiling softly at him and without even feeling it happen, he noticed he was smiling back.

“We should probably get you home.” The raven-haired man scoffed and grabbed her hand to turn back towards the parking lot. “I’m surprised every Pro in town isn’t out looking for you.”

As they made their way, hand in hand, back to the motorcycle. Dabi felt lighter with each step. He had someone he could trust with his secret. He had someone. This feeling was new, and he wanted Hana to know that he was there for her too.

“You know you can tell me about your family or other stuff like that too, Kitten?” Dabi passed her the helmet and watched that familiar blush spread. This time it didn’t last as long, and Hana didn’t look to meet his eyes.

“Hmm. My family? Way less interesting than The Todoroki Chronicles.” Hana gathered her hair, moving quickly to hide her face behind the shield of the helmet. “We’re from The States, like I said, boring stuff.” Hana didn’t divulge any further and slid onto the bike behind him.

His mind lingered on the coolness of her tone when discussing her family, but any thoughts he had about it were lost when Hana slipped her arms around his waist again. Tighter than before.

The wheels of the bike turned onto her street before long and they parked in the same place as before. The road was quiet. Everyone who lived around there was safely inside and the sidewalks were empty.

Hana slowly slid her arms from his waist, removed the helmet, and climbed off the bike. Dabi did the same and they both stood idly under the streetlight. Neither of them were making steps toward the door. It was obvious that neither of them wanted the night to end, but it was just as clear that they couldn’t go any further towards the building together before they would have to say goodnight.

Dabi eyed her from where she stood under the orange glow of the light from above.

She was looking down at his hand. She had taken it into her own and was observing the intricate work of the staples and burns. Hana brought the hand to her lips and kissed it. Smoothing over the edges of a staple with her fingers.

I’m not ready for this to end.

For her to go up to her apartment and keep scarifying her heart to her dealings with her neighbors.

“I have another idea.” Dabi proposed. Taking a step closer to the petite healer.

Hana raised her gaze from his hand to meet his blue eyes. She cocked an eyebrow.

“What is it?” She shook his hand and placed it to the center of her chest.

“If you trust me. Close your eyes.” Dabi whispered as he took his hand from her chest and wrapped his arms around her.

“Done.” Hana whispered back. “What now?”

Dabi used the force of several carefully, timed silent bursts of his flames to propel them through the air. The brunette’s body tensed, but only slightly.

“You can open them now.” Hana opened her eyes to discover that she was surrounded by twinkly lights and the vines of a green fern dangled between them. She was on her balcony.

“Okay.” Hana smiled up at him as he swatted the vine away. “That was hot. That was hot as fuck. Real smooth.”

Dabi laughed and leaned against the railing behind him. Hana stepped backward to brace herself against one of her patio chairs.

“You think they heard that?” Dabi peered through the windows into the darkness of her apartment.

“Judging by the lack of any light and any texts, phone calls, or yelling…I think we’re in the clear.” Hana threw a glance over her shoulder to check things out for herself. After a second she brought her attention back to the tall, raven-haired man across from her on the balcony.

“So, I don’t need to be worried about them seeing me do this?” Dabi crossed the distance effortlessly and met her face with his hands.

“I hope not.” Hana leaned into him. Wrapping both arms across broad shoulders and grabbing a handful of dark hair.

Their lips met and the meaning of the word slow disappeared from her vocabulary. Dabi was doing all of the right things. He bit her bottom lip with bruising intensity then licked over it sweetly to make up for the damage. Her tongue slipped past his teeth and explored every corner of his mouth. They traded off and he did the same. Exploring her.

Soon he was crushing her passionately against the sliding glass door to the patio. Hana freed a hand to drape behind her and slide it open.

They felt the warm air from inside her apartment surround them. Dabi took advantage of the opening created by Hana’s draping arm and swooped both of his own beneath her hips to hoist her into the air.

She was being carried across the threshold of her apartment. Dabi easily navigated them around her table and couch before finding a place to put her on the countertop while still kissing her deeply.

Hana, breathless and losing her battle with taking things slow, felt the overwhelming sobriety of her apartment and its proximity to one angry blonde. Dabi noticed her decreasing intensity and pulled back. He understood that he may have pressed things too far. Slow would have been letting Hana get into the elevator downstairs…

As Dabi broke the kiss and worked his hand free from under Hana’s thigh, his elbow knocked over a coffee mug that was sitting on the countertop.

Hana didn’t put the mug there, so she didn’t know it was falling. She would have been none the wiser if she hadn’t seen a flash of green lightening streak from the couch over to the countertop in less than the time it took for the mug to hit the grey hardwood floors.

What the fuck?” Dabi and Hana said in unison.

Their question was answered a second later when a small orange flame burst next to their flushed faces.

 

 

Katsuki!

Notes:

Also, you can come after me if you want to but I haven't been on a motorcycle since I was like 12. So I'm winging it.

 

Hope you liked it!

Chapter 8

Summary:

“You’ll use the elevator next time then?” The blonde countered before standing up completely off of the back of the couch. Meeting Dabi chest to chest. Hana and Izuku relaxed some, under the impression that Katsuki was being civil and possibly making a joke.

“Yes. Elevators from here on out.” Dabi smirked.

“ ‘Tch.” Katsuki walked away from the raven-haired man’s proposed handshake and took a seat on a high barstool at the island. “Then show me how you use one, right now.”

 

Or: Katsuki and Izuku are caught busting into Hana's apartment. Again. Dabi and Hana engage in a late night conversation with the two Pros and somebody gets burned. Literally.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Hana, breathless and losing her battle with taking things slow, felt the overwhelming sobriety of her apartment and its proximity to one angry blonde.

Dabi noticed her decreasing intensity and pulled back. He understood that he may have pressed things too far. Slow would have been letting Hana get into the elevator downstairs…

As Dabi broke the kiss and worked his hand free from under Hana’s thigh, his elbow knocked over a coffee mug that was sitting on the countertop.

Hana didn’t put the mug there, so she didn’t know it was falling. She would have been none the wiser if she hadn’t seen a flash of green lightening streak from the couch over to the countertop in less than the time it took for the mug to hit the grey hardwood floors.

What the fuck?” Dabi and Hana said in unison.

Their question was answered a second later when a small orange flame burst next to their flushed faces.

 

Katsuki!

Earlier that evening…

“It’s almost 1am, Izuku.” Katsuki grunted and flashed the bright light of his phone screen into their dark bedroom. The greenette sat up from the king size bed in a sleep deprived slouch. His boyfriend was standing in the doorway to their room, the light from the hallway mixed with the neon strobe coming from the screen were already starting to give him a headache. “It’s 1am and Hana is out there with some ex-fucker from The League! She isn’t answering any of my fucking calls or texts. I think I have proper grounds to beat his ass now!”

Izuku yawned and rubbed his eyes with bawled up fists. He looked at the clock for himself next to their bed and met eyes with Hana’s picture again.

Uhhh.

It is really late. Hana’s smart and she knows how upset Kacchan has been. She wouldn’t ignore his calls. Didn’t he tell Hana he would wait up for her?

“I’m going over there. Right fucking now.” Katsuki hissed, making headway down the hall.

Izuku leapt out of bed to sprint after him. A flurry of green curls rushed behind the angry blonde.

“Kacchan, wait!” The blonde had a hand on the door handle, but Izuku threw his fist against it with all of his weight to keep it closed. “I’m sure you would have heard the elevator if she had gotten home yet or maybe she got home when you were talking to me in the bedroom and she’s already going to bed! You shouldn’t just bust in there with your key. Again.

Katsuki huffed. He threw his hands up in anger before walking backwards into the couch and plopping down angrily. The springs supporting their couch whined.

“I shouldn’t have let her go.” The blonde brought a hand to his chin. “If I had of just asked her not to go earlier…she wouldn’t be out there doing god knows what with Frankenstein. She could be dead right now or fucking slinging drinks at one of his sleeze bars…”

Izuku sat down on the couch next to his boyfriend and put his arm around Katsuki. He brought one hand to trace down the forearm that was supporting the blonde’s chin.

“Kacchan, you’re giving off major “overprotective dad” vibes right now…and besides, you said that she told you earlier that she's doing this because she has been feeling left out…lonely.” Izuku dropped his gaze to the empty space on the couch next to his boyfriend. “She knows how you feel about her, and she is trying to give you, us, some space and time to think about what to do.” Izuku paused again, noticing that Katsuki’s breathing was starting to even out. “Knowing that she has feelings for you too…this isn’t an easy time for any of us. She’s just trying to do what she thinks is best for herself…and maybe for us too.”

Katsuki sighed and leaned back on the couch. He crossed his arms, letting Izuku’s hand fall from his wrist. He closed his eyes and groaned.

“I know why she is doing it.” Katsuki clenched his jaw, making the veins on his neck pop out. “I know she is out their right now with that overly toasted fucker because she’s trying to make sense of whatever the fuck is going on.” Katsuki opened his eyes to peer into the emerald green ones next to him. His body relaxed. “Thanks Izu…for forgiving me for freaking out last night and for making a fucking mess of our relationship.”

Izuku placed a warm palm on Katsuki’s thigh and smiled softly into glowing red orbs.

“It’s okay, Kacchan.” Another piece of the greenette’s heart almost audibly cracked. “We…no, I didn’t mean for this to happen when we started this thing with Hana, but I don’t blame you for--uh, developing feelings for her.” Izuku couldn’t bring himself to state the truth that Katsuki had fallen in love with the brunette. “I just thought it be fun and you know. The whole vagina virgin thing.” Izuku teased.

“Shut up, nerd!” Katsuki reached an arm behind Izuku’s head to loop around his neck and bring him closer. A soft smile coated his face and he leaned closer towards glowing green eyes. “I love you, Izu. You will always be what’s most important to me. You have always been there for me. Even at times when I was more of a dick than this possibly.”

Izuku smiled back at his boyfriend and brought his left hand to cup his face, feeling the warmth of his cheek. He inhaled the familiar scent of burnt sugar and felt his heart shake back into place.

Two pairs of pink, soft lips met in the middle of the couch. The kiss was tender, aged over the years by growth. Katsuki licked at his lips before taking Izuku’s pouty bottom lip into his mouth to suck on for a bit longer. Izuku shuddered from the sensation. Katsuki felt him quake and brought his right arm around the shorter hero’s torse to pull him in even closer. Their chests were flush together, and legs were beginning to tangle beneath them. Izuku felt Katsuki’s body weight press against him harder, pushing him backward onto the sofa cushions.

The blonde was on top of him now, his fingers making a mess of his green curls and wandering down his taut abs to the hem of his shirt. A moan escaped his lips and slipped into Katsuki’s pink tipped ears. The blonde loved that sound. He broke his connection to Izuku’s lips and dove into the crease of his neck. He placed a few light kisses their before sinking his teeth into the soft skin. Izuku moaned again, it was almost a welp. He dug his fingernails deeper into the tight skin of Katsuki’s broad, muscled shoulders. The pinches on his back pushed the blonde over the edge and Katsuki couldn’t hold back anymore. He abandoned ship on sneaking under the greenette’s shirt and changed his course to sink his hand into the front of his boyfriend’s gym shorts. Izuku’s mouth opened to let out another deep moan when a sound from across the hallway stopped Katsuki cold in his tracks.

A thud sound.

Katsuki remembered the sound of Hana’s plants smacking against the roof of her balcony in a storm. That was the sound he just heard. But there was no storm outside tonight.

The blonde launched himself off of his boyfriend and was at the front door with his keys in his hand before Izuku could call out his name to slow him down.

Kacchan!” Izuku called from the couch. His hair a mess and the tent in his pants was falling down. The blonde turned around to face him with his finger placed to his lips and waved him over.

Izuku begrudgingly crept from the couch to the door. They both opted for no shoes on this mission and tiptoed out into the hallway. The greenette closed their door without making a single noise while Katsuki slipped his key int Hana’s.

The two heroes sauntered into the dark apartment, shutting the door behind them soundlessly once again.

Katsuki could make out two figures on the balcony. One was tall, dark hair raising above the mop of Hana’s curls. They were whispering to each other as Dabi crossed the space between the two of them. The temperature of Katsuki’s blood began to rise at their closeness.

Izuku followed behind him closely as they found a position in front of Hana’s couch that kept them from falling into the light casted by Hana’s string lights on her balcony. He watched as Katsuki’s face began to twist into a proper scowl. He followed his gaze outside and saw Dabi wrap his arms and Hana as the two began to kiss.

Izuku was stunned to see Hana kissing the ex-villain back and he threw out a scarred arm to hold back Katsuki. He had already made a move to launch himself forward through the glass patio door separating them from the two sucking face.

Kacchan, stop.” Izuku whisper yelled. He was about to start dragging the blonde toward the door, which would be pressing to do without using OFA and calling attention to themselves. He heard the glass door slide open. Oh shit. He thought to himself as he watched Dabi pick Hana up and carry her like a front facing human backpack across the living room through the kitchen to the countertop.

Izuku noticed that Dabi completed the action without hardly opening his eyes or getting close to knocking anything over. Damn, he’s smooth. The greenette then noticed that Hana’s eyes were open, she was looking around and the lust half-lidded appearance of them was beginning to sober up. She looks like she feels guilty. She knows that Kacchan and I would be across the hall. I kinda don’t think she wanted things to go this far. Izuku broke from his thoughts as he saw one of his limited edition All Might mugs teeter on its edge on the countertop next to Hana’s thigh. Oh no.

Izuku had come over shortly after Hana left earlier. He used his key to get in. God, I’m just as bad as Kacchan. He had only come over to talk about what her and Katsuki had discussed earlier while the blonde was busy in the shower. He also wanted to wish her luck and get a peek at her outfit. It’s not often I get to see Hana dressed up for dates and I’m not going to lie and say her body doesn’t do things to me. I mean we all hook up, for All Might’s sakes! He left the mug in Hana’s apartment on accident after figuring out that she had either lied to them about the time of her date or she just left early. My mug! Izuku escaped from his thoughts once more in time to see Dabi trying to free his hand from under Hana’s thigh and the mug disappear from the countertop.

Izuku released his grip on Katsuki and used OFA to cross the living room into the kitchen and catch the mug in less than a few seconds. He was still crouched cradling his mug when he heard voices from above him.

 

What the fuck?

 

That must have been Hana and Dabi. Oh, no.

 

Izuku peeked over the countertop.

 

Katsuki!

 

Kacchan!

 

Hana and Dabi whipped their heads in unison downwards and towards the space between the island and the wall of cabinets.

 

Izuku!

 

The greenette grimaced and gave a two-finger wave. His skin flushed from the neck up.

“Heyyyy, Hana! And Dabi…” Izuku drug out, his freckles seeming to multiply by the second in a mess across his face as his blush deepened to blood red intensity.

The overhead light switched on and three heads of green, brown, and black whipped toward the front door.

“Do you know what time it is!?!” Katsuki boomed. “And get your hands off of her, you Frankenstein looking mother fucker!” Katsuki continued to take steps towards them as Hana turned to face Dabi once more. His hands were resting on either side of her small frame on the marble kitchen island. Her face hovering a breath away from his. He dropped his gaze to meet hers and both of them tensed up and blushed.

“I said MOVE.” The blonde put his arm between them now. Dabi lifted his hands into the air and took a step back. Not far enough away for Katsuki so he wrapped a firm grip around Hana’s slight right forearm.

“Did you tell him about the Frankenstein thing?” Dabi tilted his head forward towards the brunette. A smirk dusting his lips.

“No. He came up with that on his own, along with “toasted mother fucker.”” Hana paused to hide her smirk from Katsuki. Not the appropriate time for a joke, Hana. She overheard Dabi letting out a small laugh under his breath.

“Fuck you both!” The blonde shook next to them.

“Kacchan!” Izuku finally stood up from his crouched position and stood to the left of Hana and Dabi, facing his boyfriend. He gently placed his mug on the ountertop behind him. “We only came over because we worried. It had gotten pretty late and you weren’t answering any calls or texts.” The greenette shot a questioning glance toward Hana.

“I never got any calls or texts.” The brunette hopped off the counter to fish her phone out of her back pocket. When she unlocked the screen four pairs of eyes grew wide as they watched the phone suddenly fill up with notifications. The last one to pop up was a text from Jirou. She brought it closer to her face to read before turning it towards the three men. Hana’s eyes rolled as she read it and Katsuki let out a couple small explosions.

Hey! If you’re getting this, then you must be back from your date. I bribed Denki into jamming the signal on your phone until you got back on your wifi’s apartment tonight. He doesn’t know why, but I thought you could use some space from your other boyfriends for the night. I hope it went great and I can’t wait to get ALL the details!

 

“Well, that solves that mystery…” Dabi leaned back onto a dining room chair after reading the text over blonde spikes.

“Shut up, Frankenstein.” Katsuki grunted and gave the raven-haired man a scowl. He maintained his grip on Hana’s arm. “That still doesn’t get you out of the clear for getting her home so late.”

Dabi opened his mouth to apologize and tell the blonde that they were having a good time and got carried away, but he was interrupted by a panicking Izuku.

“About what Jirou said…she just called us that because we are so close. Best friends. Not Hana’s boyfriends.” The greenette pushed out a forced laugh before Katsuki reached out and gripped his shoulder with his other hand.

“He knows, Izu.” Katsuki’s red eyes peeked out from under blonde lengths into Hana’s eyes. “She wouldn't have turned the phone around for all of us if to read the text if he didn't.” Izuku stopped jittering and turned to face her as well. Dabi cleared his throat and swallowed deeply. His eyes also focused on the brunette.

“You told him?” Izuku whined and crossed his arms.

Hana leaned back against the island and prepared a very long-winded explanation in her mind as her gaze shifted between the two heroes.

“I figured it out.” Dabi broke the silence. Hana released a deep breath. “I figured it out from listening to her stories about both of you, which were all good by the way, and when I asked her, she told me the truth.” The air in the room had thickened up again. Katsuki’s grip on her arm weakened and Izuku’s face had gone slack of all emotion. “I’m cool with it. If it’s still okay with Hana, we’re going to take things slow and just see what Ka- you” Dabi looked over at Katsuki and then doubled back to look at Izuku “how you and Izuku feel about everything…” Dabi’s faced became pressed with conflicted emotions. He flashed a “I’m sorry” look to Hana place in front of him.

If things couldn’t get any worse…Hana thought to herself.

“I know.” Izuku spoke up. “Kacchan told me about your conversation this morning.” Izuku reached his hand out and placed it on top of Hana’s on the island. “It’s okay. He—we, whatever, he is going to take time to think about all that’s been revealed today, and we are going to figure it out.” Izuku paused to look back at Dabi. “But I think we should talk about that later.”

Hana nodded in agreement. Katsuki’s hand was heating up on her arm and she could feel the anger building up in him through his touch.

“Maybe we should leave, Kacchan.” Izuku released Hana’s hand and gave her a soft smile. “Let these two say goodbye and we can come back and talk in the morni—”

Hana was about to give them an “Okay mom and dad” when she felt the blonde pull on her arm roughly before interrupting his boyfriend.

“I’m not fucking leaving her alone with him.” Katsuki refused. His face growing a bloodier shade of red by the second.

“Kacchan, please.” Izuku lightheartedly pleaded. “She’s fine with him. They have been together all night and he got her home in one piece.” Izuku reached out his arm to break Katsuki’s grip on the brunette.

Everything happened too fast.

Izuku tugged on Hana’s arm and Katsuki yelled as he yanked her back towards him. His temper was getting explosive. Hana’s golden eyes saw the almost amused look on Dabi’s face turn into one of terror and possibly anger before she felt what was happening.

The heat from Katsuki’s hand reached a higher temperature and before she could break her gaze away from Dabi she felt the searing pain travel up to her shoulder.

Kacchan stop!!

Hana turned her head searching for red eyes. When she found them, the two glowing red orbs were hiding behind a growing well of tears on his lash line and they were staring down at her arm.

Hana didn’t feel when the blonde had taken his hand off of her.

She only knew he had because he was holding it and his other arm out to his sides, palms facing the center of their huddled-up group. She felt something cool grab onto her singed arm. She looked back down to find Dabi fallen onto his knees in front of her. He was observing how bad the burn was. His cold hands were soothing to her tender skin. He lifted his head to look up at her and he was saying something, something Hana couldn’t make out because of the pain in her arm and the sound of Katsuki screaming and Izuku screaming back at him in attempt to calm him down.

Hana took some deep breaths and refocused herself. After a few reptations her heart rate came down and she used her energy to start healing the burn. Dabi watched from the ground as the skin on her arm began to change. She looked back down at him and gave him a soft smile. He returned it and tilted his head towards the two heroes. She ran her hand through his hair as she walked behind him towards the back of the couch.

Katsuki was red-faced and half falling off the back of the couch where he had sat himself as he and Izuku continued to yell.

I burned her. I fucking burned her.

Kacchan, it’s okay. You didn’t mean to. Just calm down!

Hana lifted both of her hands to the sides of Katsuki’s scalding face. He flinched and turned his head to look at her.

After a few seconds, his vision cleared up and he could see golden eyes. They were warm and soft. He tilted his head towards the eyes, and he could hear Hana’s voice.

“Kats, whoa I’m okay.” Hana brought one hand down to press backward on the center of his chest. Hana wasn’t sure if the blonde was trying to kiss her or he just gave out from all the energy in the room, but she wasn’t trying to do the former right now. Izuku had quietened and his focus was on his leaning boyfriend who had suddenly gone silent. Dabi resumed his calm position leaned against the kitchen table, but he too focused his eyes on Katsuki towering over Hana.

Hana cleared her throat and held her gaze into red eyes.

“Kats, it’s okay. Look.” Hana angled the arm that was supporting his chest upward so Katsuki could see that it was almost done healing. He lifted his hand to cradle her elbow, after hesitating for a second he wrapped his fingers gently around it.

“I’m so sorry, Hana.” Katsuki blinked and realized how close their faces were. His forehead was resting on top of a pillow of brown curls. Hana’s face flushed beneath him. “Shit.” He whispered as he pulled back, releasing his hand from her elbow before he shoved them both into his pockets.

Katsuki’s anger had dissipated to a more tolerable level and he looked around the room. Izuku stood leaning against the opposite end of the couch switching his glances between himself and Hana. Dabi stood beside the kitchen table with both arms relaxed at his side. His focus solely on the back of Hana’s head as she backed away from the blonde towards the patio doors. Katsuki turned his gaze back to Dabi.

“Thanks for getting her home. You kept her safe.” The blonde took a hand from his pocket to bring to his chin. “You kept her safe all night and she only got hurt once she came home…to me.”

Hana stopped her backwards crawl.

“Kats, that’s n—”

Katsuki brought his hand from his pocket to wave in front of him and stop her.

“Don’t.” He let out a quick exhale. “I fucked up.”

Dabi took a step toward Katsuki from the dining area.

“Hana forgives you. She knows you didn’t mean to. You just got caught up.” Dabi stopped a few paces in front of him. “I’m sorry that we were out so late. I didn’t mean to wear out your patience with me so early, but Hana is an adult…she doesn’t really have a curfew.” Katsuki lifted his gaze from the floor to meet cerulean blue eyes. “But from now on and until things get…settled, apart from any hijinks coordinated by anyone else, I’ll be sure to be more careful.” Dabi extended a hand towards Katsuki.

Two sets of green and golden eyes scanned the room. No explosions or flames yet.

Katsuki huffed.

“You’ll use the elevator next time then?” The blonde countered before standing up completely off of the back of the couch. Meeting Dabi chest to chest. Hana and Izuku relaxed some, under the impression that Katsuki was being civil and possibly making a joke.

“Yes. Elevators from here on out.” Dabi smirked.

“ ‘Tch.” Katsuki walked away from the raven-haired man’s proposed handshake and took a seat on a high barstool at the island. “Then show me how you use one, right now.”

“Kacchan!”

“Kats. Really?”

“It’s okay.” Dabi turned around with a soft smile to assure Hana. “I was going to leave first anyway. I don’t want to make anything worse.” The raven-haired man met Hana in front of the kitchen table and placed both hands on her shoulders. “I’ll call you tomorrow, okay? I…had a good time with you tonight. Even the end of it was uh…something.” Blue eyes peered down into golden ones as Dabi let his hands slip down both of Hana’s tan arms and around her waist. She wrapped hers around him and squeezed lightly.

“I had a good time too!” Hana turned her head awkwardly so the two heroes couldn’t see her mouth as she whispered. “Thanks for tonight, Dabi. It was really special. I’m sorry for…this part.”

Katsuki growled from somewhere behind broad shoulders. Hana winced and Dabi released his arms, but not before leaning down to quickly kiss her forehead.

Hana smiled, but let it fade before she followed him to the front door.

As he opened it and stepped out, he threw a wave back to Izuku and the scowling blonde.

Hana took a deep breath and blinked a few times before shutting the door behind him.

She turned around to face Izuku and Katsuki.

The elevator dinged outside the door and the blonde visibly relaxed.

“So…I think we are all beat.” The greenette approached his boyfriend from behind and dropped a heavy palm onto his shoulder. “Let’s pick this up in the morning, Kacchan.”

“Yeah, whatever.” The blonde huffed, standing up from his stool.

Izuku gave Hana a soft hug on his way to the door. Hana hugged him back apologetically. Shit. Why is he still so nice? I am destroying everything right now. For all of us.

He let her go after a few seconds, giving a light squeeze to her hands as he did. He stood beside the door as Katsuki approached her, shuffling his feet with his hands in his pockets.

Hana let her arms rest peacefully at her sides and she looked up to meet his eyes.

“I kind of acted like a dick tonight.” Katsuki stopped in front of her. “I’m sorry for hurting you.” A darkness clouded his glowing eyes.

Hana’s face softened and she felt like pulling him into a hug, but she knew she shouldn’t. They can hardly get close to one another anymore without Hana feeling like a homewrecking mistress which is ironic considering…

“It’s okay.” Hana felt a shy smile creep upon her lips. “My arm is fine. You were just protecting me. You don’t know him. And if I had of seen the calls or texts, I wouldn’t have let you guys just worry like that.”

“Oh, Denki and Ears are going to hear from me about that shit they pulled.” Katsuki huffed, but his anger couldn’t hide the small laugh he let escape his lips.

“So, we are cool?” Hana let her gaze slip from Katsuki’s red eyes, down his sculpted chest straining the threads of his tank top, and onto the cold floor.

Katsuki stepped forward, his body propelled by the loss of Hana’s eyes on him. He wrapped his arms around her quickly and pressed her small frame into his warmth.

Hana felt her body sink into him, her arms folding around his back. Fuck. Why does this have to feel so good.

“Of course. We’re good loser.” Katsuki lowered his face to meet Hana’s shoulder. Her head blocking Izuku’s view of his face. “Talking about all of this with Izu in the morning is going to be fucking worse.” Katsuki whispered into Hana’s ear. Familiar goosebumps spread across her back underneath her rust-colored blouse. “I just feel like I’m hurting him…and you. So fucking much.

Hana buried her face deeper into Katsuki’s chest and turned inward slightly.

“It’s going to be okay Kats.” Hana breathed back. “He loves you and I-“ Hana stopped herself. “I know he just wants you to be happy. You guys will be okay.”

Hana dropped her arms from his back and started to pull away. Hearing Izukus name had reminded her of how shitty she felt for getting in the way of their happiness. He’s going to choose Izuku in the end. He has too. He pretty much knows I don’t want to be “in” their relationship with them like that and I don’t want him to leave Izuku for me. That would be impossible. I can’t keep doing this to them.

The blonde tightened, feeling her break the hug. He sighed and did the same. Fuck. I burned her and acted like a crazy ass tonight. I love her…and I love Izuku and it’s making me lose my mind. I don’t know what the fuck to do.

Katsuki stepped back and joined Izuku at the door.

Izuku kept his gaze to the floor as he grabbed the handle and opened it. Before stepping outside, he looked back to Hana and flashed a sad smile. The best he could do. She looks so sad. She does her best to hide it but…I hope she knows I’m not mad at her. I’m just…sad too. Hopefully we can figure something out tomorrow.

Katsuki hovered in the doorway momentarily, he too gazed back at Hana. Her arms were crossed, and she had sunken her teeth into her bottom lip. Her eyes looked sad as she nodded towards him.

“Night Hana.” Katsuki sighed as he shut the door. Forcing his feet to cross the threshold and follow his boyfriend across the hallway.

“Goodnight Katsuki.” Hana muttered, but it fell onto deaf ears. She was alone in her apartment. No one saw her drag herself to her bathroom. No one watched her turn the water to scalding before she stripped off her clothes. The sleeve of her blouse had a hole burned through it. The skin underneath was shiny and new. No one saw as she lowered herself to the shower floor under the hot water. She didn’t cry. She refused to. She just sat there and let the water rushing over her face replace them. Bu no one saw it happen.

Everything. I destroy everything.

Notes:

Yeah. The chapter got big moody at the end.

Also, I love a meddling Jirou and gullible Denki. My logic on their whole signal jamming thing is just going to have to be believable enough. The idea was toooo good. And I needed Hana to not look like a dick for not answering calls or texts that Katsuki definitely would have made once it got past his bedtime. Okay? Dream with me.

I've got big plans! Hold on everyone :)

PS: I may not be able to post again until later this week/weekend or until next Monday. But, I will return!

Chapter 9

Summary:

“So, what are you saying Izu?” Katsuki broke the silence from the left side of the couch.

Izuku bounced his eyes between both of them before he spoke.

“I’m saying you have a choice to make, Katsuki.”

 

Or: Time for that long awaited conversation between Hana, Izuku, and Katsuki.

Notes:

I'm loving this!! Hope you guys are too. This has probably been my favorite chapter to write so far. I reread it myself like 4 times. There are some hard moments, but some good, gooey ones too.

Let me know your thoughts!! I love comments :)

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

The next day, Hana wakes up to the buzzing of her phone on the nightstand next to her.

Ugh. What time is it?

The brunette leans up from her bed with a yawn. As she is stretching her arms she looks over to the clock on the nightstand.

09:32.

She hadn’t gone to bed until almost 3am and the six hours of sleep wasn’t helping her out much. She loved a consistent 8 to 9 hours. Working night shift had aged her more than she thought. 24 wasn’t so young anymore.

Hana grabbed her phone off the dresser and took a glance at the notifications.

4 texts and a missed call from Jirou.

The first two texts were from Izuku.

Are you up yet?

Katsuki is acting nervous and I’m afraid he is going to break down your door this time. No key necessary.

Hana smiled a little and leaned back against her headboard. Her smiled faded as she thought back to last night. I’m not exactly in the biggest rush to have this conversation.

The next text was from Jirou.

Soooo, Blasty is pissed. So, I’m guessing the night didn’t end well…Sorry if jamming your cell added to the drama. ANSWER YOUR PHONE SO YOU CAN TELL BE ABOUT DABI AND HIS FINE ASS.

Hana chuckled and thought back to kissing Dabi by the lake. The night was still easy and light before we got home. I wonder if he will ever talk to me again after he watched Kats give me the literal nth degree.

The last text was from the aforementioned fine ass.

Good Morning, Kitten. Just wanted to tell you again that I had a really good time last night. Second date?

Hana launched her phone towards the end of her bed and covered her face with a pillow.

What the hell is my life?

Hana was excited by the proposition of a second date with Dabi, but she was also conflicted. She didn’t want to keep hurting Katsuki’s feelings by trying to move on, but she also didn’t want him to think that her feelings for him were any less than consuming her thoughts almost every second of her day and her entire heart.

Well not every second of every day, and Dabi was taking up residence somewhere inside of her too. Hana really got to know him better last night, a deeper side of him that she didn’t know was there. He had hobbies, interests, and a growing career but he was also exciting and outgoing. Both of them had darker sides that were similar, although Dabi may not know that as well yet. No one besides Hana herself really did.

And Izuku, he’s all tangled up in this too. His heart was exposed to all of this damage.

“Agghhhh.”

Hana forced herself up from bed and stumbled to the bathroom to get ready to have this conversation with the two heroes. She found her phone at the end of her bed and shot Izuku a text telling him that she was getting ready and would be there soon.

She sat her phone on the bathroom sink and got in the shower.

After soothing her mind under the rain of hot water she climbed out to wrap a small towel around her body. The smell of coffee mixed with the heavy steam in the bathroom and caught her attention.

Don’t tell me…again.

Hana opened the bathroom door at the end of the hall and popped her head out. She could see into the living room space from there. A blonde head of hair turned to face her, he lowered the coffee mug from his lips and showed her a toothy grin.

“Seriously?” Hana scoffed and leaned out of the bathroom. “I texted Izu that I would be over in a little bit! Can’t you see I was taking a shower!”

Katsuki giggled on the couch, barely managing to keep his coffee from spilling.

A green tuft of hair hung over the back of one of her barstools and turned to look down the hallway. Izuku at least looked halfway guilty for the repeated intrusion.

“Sorry Hana.” Izuku brought into view to wave at her. “I thought it would be better to just wait over here. Katsuki was acting cagey. Maybe he thought Dabi had come back last night” The greenette teased and Katsuki let out a ‘Tch from the couch behind him.

“At least let me get dressed.” Hana reached behind the bathroom door to grab her robe. She threw it on over the towel before crossing the hallway to her bedroom.

“Oh, so no underwear only mood today?” Izuku’s voice echoed through the apartment and caused Hana’s hand to miss the doorknob and crash into the wall next to it.

“You had to tell him everything from yesterday morning?!” Hana rubbed her knuckles, where her hand had collided with the drywall instead of the doorknob to her room. “Did you at least include the part about my bloody, nasty scrubs and me not knowing you were here??”

“Yea, yea.” Katsuki threw a hand up from the couch. “I prefaced it with that, don’t worry.”

“I don’t see what the big deal is.” Izuku sipped his mostly sugar and cream coffee. “We’ve seen you naked, lots of times.”

Hana missed the door handle again.

“Oh my god. You sound just like him.” Hana’s grip finally wrapped around the silver L-shaped nob. “You’re supposed to be the sweet, shy one Izu.”

She heard the two heroes laughter fill the space as changed into a comfy outfit. She slipped on a pair of leggings, an oversized tee shirt that belonged to one of those two chuckleheads, and her favorite grey chunky cardigan. She let her hair down from the loose bun she had slept with it in as she stepped back out of her bedroom.

The laughing had stopped and Izuku was scrolling on his phone while Katsuki flipped through YouTube videos on Hana’s TV.

She made herself a cup of black coffee and put on her slippers that were by the front door before crossing over into the living room.

She eyed her usual spot to the right of Katsuki on the couch, but chose the accent chair off to the side of where the TV was hung. Once seated her gaze crossed the empty space between her lonely chair island and the couch, she met red eyes. He wasn’t wearing his usual black tank top and joggers. Instead, he had on jeans, a metal t-shirt, and blue and black checkered flannel. Katsuki seemed hurt that she didn’t sit next to him. She tilted her head towards Izuku and shrugged her shoulders. This morning wasn’t for cuddling and watching funny videos, it was about setting boundaries and figuring shit out. Katsuki had acknowledged her decision with a nod.

Izuku appeared in the space, coffee cup in hand. He quickly sat down to the left of his boyfriend. Now, Izuku was a real creature of habitit. His outfit consisted of thin black joggers and a faded All Might t-shirt. The Forever Fanboy. He put his cup down on the table in front of him and leaned into Katsuki. The blonde brought his arm around the back of the greenette’s shoulders as Izuku dropped his left arm on top of Katsuki’s leg. The blonde promptly dropped the remote with his left hand and brought it to intertwine with his boyfriend’s fingers.

Hana watched them fold together, as she had hundreds of other times. It was almost entrancing, watching them fit together like two puzzle pieces. Hana felt the cold breeze blow ever her “lonely island” accent chair once more. She tightened her grip on her warm cup of coffee. Her life raft across the room would just have to be enough for today.

“So…about what you guys talked about yesterday.” Izuku started the dreaded conversation. “Kacchan has feelings for you.” Green eyes floated across the room to Hana’s now wrinkled face. Her lips drawn up into an awkward closed-mouth smile and her eyes popped open wide to look down into her cup. “And you have feelings for Kacchan.”

Izuku’s eyes focused down onto his hand intertwined with his boyfriend’s. His easy, going smile struggling to maintain its hold on his face.

“So, I guess that leaves how Hana and I feel about each other.” Izuku brought his right palm to rub the back of his neck.

“Either one of you want to clarify on that.” Katsuki craned his neck forward to move his glance between the two silent creatures in the room. “Take your time. I’m the one out here with his feelings exposed and shit. No rush.”

Hana kept a watchful eye on her coffee cup and used her other hand to grip the faux-leather arm of her island. It looked like a storm was coming.

“I…” Izuku began to break the silence and Hana gripped the arm of the chair tighter. “Idontfeelthatwayaboutyou, Hana. Not emotionally. I like what we do physically and you’re one of my best friends. Even though we don’t spend as much time together, just us, like we used to. I’ve just been really busy with work and things have been…different. And…yea. I really hope that doesn’t hurt your feelings because I care about you and I love you, you know that. Just not…like that.”

By the time Izuku finished his mutter storm, he had broken his grip on Katsuki’s hand to flail it about. He looked like Iida when he used those sharp 90-degree angles to get his point across. His face was flushed, and the boy just looked like a mess. Katsuki had dropped his neck down to look at him and he placed a supportive hand on his back.

Hana’s laugh caused both of them to whip their heads back up. She was no longer baring down into her chair island for support. She had one hand across her mouth, muffling her laugh and covering a wide smile. Her curls shook as she laughed, making it seem like she was vibrating. Katsuki loved the way her long curls did that.

Hana cleared her throat to stifle her giggles.

“It’s okay, Izu.” Hana flashed him an honest smile. “I love you too, but I don’t feel that way about you either. You have been such a good friend to me and it’s okay that we don’t spend as much together as we used to. I guess this thing has been changing around us for a while now. But nothing will ever stop me from being your friend, as long as that is what you want.”

Katsuki felt Izuku’s body relax beside him and he saw a real smile spread across his face. The blonde had expected that similar confession from the brunette and his boyfriend, but he envied how easy it was for them to tell one another that they loved each other.

He knew that was because the way he loved both of them was different. Katsuki loved Hana in the same way that he loved Izuku. They love each other in the way that he, though he would never say it out loud unless it we dire circumstances or extreme manliness, loved Kiri. The way he loved Hana is what was causing all of this.

Fuck. Can I just make myself not love her? That way everything could go back to normal. We could all just go back to hooking up and hanging out…

Katsuki focused his eyes back to the room. Hana was still laughing with Izuku about their mutual feelings. Her shiny, brown curls were bouncing, and her golden eyes were catching the sunlight from the wall of windows behind him making them seem like they were melting. Her eyes met his for a second and he felt his breath hitch and his heart skipped a beat, causing it to feel like it had ricocheted off of his sternum. The blonde’s face started to heat up and he brought an inward turned fist to the center of his chest. Did she just give me a heart attack?

Guess that answers that. I can’t force myself to stop loving her.

Izuku had consoled himself after the laughing fit. He felt better after getting his feelings out in the open, especially since Hana felt the same way. But that really did nothing to help the situation. He gripped his knees with both hands and lifted his head from where he had doubled himself over.

“Well.” Izuku’s voice brought Katsuki’s attention back to the situation. “I’m glad we agree on that.” The greenette looked to Hana with a smile. She returned it, warmly. “But what do we do now?”

“Can we just go back to hooking up and hanging out like we used to?” Katsuki asked as he lowered his fist from his chest and unclenched it to grab Izuku’s gripped hand.

“Kacchan, I don’t know about that…”Izuku cleared his throat and flipped his palm over to meet with his boyfriend’s. He turned his head to look at Katsuki, and then turned it again to focus on Hana as he spoke. “There are…feelings involved now. Between you two. And I don’t think it would be fair for us to have sex and you guys have this unapproached thing.” Katsuki and Hana tensed at the honesty but continued to listen. “I also don’t know if…I would feel comfortable with it. Things are different now…”

Hana felt her heartbeat racing as she watched Izuku let his face fall into his open right hand. He had started to sob softly. Katsuki leaned over him and wrapped both arms around Izuku’s waist from behind.

“Izu, I’m so sorry.” Hana leaned forward from her chair. Her mind reeling at the quick change in his emotions. “I didn’t mean for any of this to happen. I don’t know what I thought would happen, but I never wanted to hurt you.”

“Yea, Izu.” Katsuki spoke into a bed of green curls. “I’m sorry. This is all my fault. I shouldn’t have made a big deal about Hana going out with Frankenstein and then I shouldn’t have said anything about how I felt…things could all just be the way they used to and would all be happy. I’m so—”

“Stop.” Izuku’s head lifted pointedly from his palm and he turned sharply to face Katsuki. Hana leaned back in her chair. “Nothing would be different if she hadn’t of went out with Dabi and it sure as shit wouldn’t have changed how you feel about her or how Hana feels about you! It just would have kept eating at you on the inside and you would have felt worse the further away she got from you…from us. You see that, don’t you?”

Katsuki broke his gaze from Izuku’s frantic green eyes to look at Hana. She had curled up in her chair. Hugging her knees to her chest. He could tell that Hana was wishing she could be anywhere else. She did want to be anywhere else, somewhere that she couldn’t see Izuku imploding and where she could pretend that it wasn’t all her fault.

“It’s not just this thing.” Izuku’s shaking voice brought Katsuki’s attention back to his boyfriend’s face. “We have been growing apart for a while now. I have to say that I hate myself for not noticing it until the other night.” Izuku took a second to lean back into the couch and cross his arms. “The other night after you told me how you…felt about Hana. I was in bed looking at that picture of us from the first time we all went to visit our parents together. It took me looking at that picture, from all that time ago, to notice that you cut your hair. It’s shorter on the top. I wasn’t sure until I saw you the next morning. It was still as short as it looked in the photo. It's not just that. We don't train together at the gym until it closes anymore, you are always ready to come home early. You haven't been as motivated to compete with me. You've...changed.”

Katsuki twisted up his face as he peered over at Izuku.

“But it’s been short like this on the top for almost a year and a half now?” Katsuki lifted a hand up to pull at the blonde lengths on top of his head.

“Yeah. And I didn’t notice it then, I only noticed a few days ago Kaachan.” Izuku watched as Katsuki sunk back into the couch as well. His hands digging into his pockets and a frown encroaching on his face. That had hurt him. His boyfriend didn’t notice that his hair was shorter for practically two years.

“I’ve been hyper focused on work, as always. Becoming number one.” Izuku cut his eyes to the left to see if his statement had gotten its usual rise out of his boyfriend. To his disappointment, Katsuki’s presence remained flaccid. His gaze limply focused on the rug at his feet. “And you’ve been working hard too. Just…you don’t seem to be as into it as you used to. You’ve been focusing on your friends, cooking more, and you’ve been planning that camping trip for this Spring. I know that trip isn’t just so Kiri can go camping for the first time. It’s for you. You used to love that stuff, hiking with your dad like you used to when we were kids.” Izuku placed a soft hand on his boyfriend’s thigh. “And I’m proud of you for finding things that make you happy and for wanting a life outside of fighting villains, getting torn apart, and relying on Hana’s healing quirk to put us back together.”

Izuku lifted his gaze from Katsuki’s trembling eyes to look over at Hana. She was still curled up in her chair. Her cheeks were flushed, and she was biting hard into her bottom lip. Her chin was resting on top of her knees, holding her face up to watch them. Watch the wreckage she had caused.

Her eyes perked up when she saw Izuku watching her. She couldn’t manage a fake smile right now if she tried so she just allowed him to hold her gaze. Free of any emotions apart from sadness and guilt.

“But maybe, Hana’s healing quirk and the other "healing" we have been doing together is what sparked that change in you.” Izuku heard a rustle next to him on the couch as Katsuki change positions. The blonde had leaned forward and placed a hand on his knee to support him as he turned to look at Izuku. “Kaachan, we don’t spend too much time with other people who aren’t heroes. There are people out there that live more normal lives.” Izuku moved his gaze back to ruby eyes. “Hana is one of them.”

No one spoke for a minute. All eyes were on Hana as she squirmed in her chair. She released one leg down to the floor and focused all of her strength on holding the other one tight to her chest as she looked back at them.

“So, what are you saying Izu?” Katsuki broke the silence from the left side of the couch.

Izuku bounced his eyes between both of them before he spoke.

“I’m saying you have a choice to make, Katsuki.”

The sound of his real name rolled over his boyfriend’s lips and it stung. Katsuki sat up straight in his seat on the plush cushion. His hands gripped and regripped his slim, muscled thighs.

“Not right now, Kaachan. But eventually.” Izuku placed a tender palm on top of one of the blonde’s to stop him from burning a hole in his dark jeans.

Hearing the familiarity of his nickname aimed to ease Katsuki’s panic and it helped a little. His heartbeat was still in his ears and the stress in his chest from being told he had to make a choice soon remained heightened.

Hana stood up from her chair and padded softly over to the other side of the couch to support Katsuki. She kept a cushion between them but placed a small hand onto his left shoulder. He shuttered under its heat and warmth.

“Izu are you sure about this?” Hana leaned past the blonde spikes to see the Number 3 Hero’s face. “You are his boyfriend, and have been for so many years, is there really a “choice” to be made?” Hana bit her lip before continuing. Her heart was bounding as she planned to offer up a sacrificing resolution. “I can leave. I can move. Across town, out of town, or out of the country. I can get a job anywhere and you two can—”

NO.

Katsuki and Izuku cut her off in unison. A scorching palm collapsed on top of where hers rested on the blonde’s shoulder and Izuku had reached across his boyfriend’s lap to grab her leg just above her right knee.

The sudden refusal and touch had stopped her train of thought. She brought her gaze back to Katsuki’s face. The tears that were threatening to fall during Izuku’s monologue had reached his chin, leaving his face blotchy and tear stained.

“I don’t want you to go.” Katsuki whispered as he brought his other hand to run over his face, wiping the tears away. “You can’t go.”

“I agree with Kaachan.” Hana’s eyes looked past Katsuki’s face to Izuku’s. It was tear stained from sobbing earlier but his eyes were clear and calm now. “I don’t want you to go because you’re my friend and I care about you. You were there for me when my mom got diagnosed. You helped her through this last year of treatments. Without you we wouldn't have know what to make of all that medical stuff. Now that she is in remission, you can't just leave. You practically just got here and none of us would know what to do if you left. Me, Kaachan, my mom, Jirou, Kiri, even Shoto would be bummed.” All three of them took a break from the dramatics to let out a small laugh. Shoto hadn’t been around that weekend but he was a frequent fixture on Katsuki and Midoriya’s couch. He thought all the movies they watched didn’t make any sense and they loved to watch his emotionally stunted brain develop.

“Yeah. That shy fucker is still obsessed with you.” Katsuki snorted and flashed a wide grin from the center of the couch. His smile eased the pain in Hana’s chest some. “Even after he caught us in the act and called things off with you like a dumbass, which I wasn’t actually mad about. I think he still comes over so much because he knows there is a good chance that he will see you.”

Hana and Izuku exchanged embarrassed looks and lighthearted laughs behind Katsuki’s head. Hana’s eyes darted briefly as she remembered Dabi’s confession from the night before. Fuck. I never answered his text.

After the laughter settled and the moment turned sober Izuku leaned forward to look directly at Hana so Katsuki could see him too.

“If you left now, Hana, Katsuki wouldn’t have to decide for himself.” The light, bright energy in the room dimmed back down to office-friendly fluorescent. “And I know you both know this, but I only want Katsuki to be happy. No matter what. And if you decide for him by leaving…”

“What about your happiness, Izu?” Hana blurted out and Katsuki nodded his head in agreeance as he turned to focus his body at Izuku.

Izuku faked a small smile as he thought about the question.

I love Kaachan. I’ve loved him my entire life. I’ve admired him for just as long. What we have together works. Not as well as it used to but still…its good and I am not just going to let it go.

We can work through this; we’ve worked through much more. I’m going to stick by him and if he decides he wants to stay “us” then we can get past this. Have the future at the top that I’ve always dreamed of. Me and Kacchan at the top of the Hero Charts saving lives. Living up to All Might’s expectations.

And if I have to fight for him…I might have to level the playing field. I’m busy with my work and training and Hana is always…here.

“Earth to Nerd!” Izuku saw a hand wave in front of his thousand-yard stare at Hana’s coffee table a foot in front of him. “Izu, you still with us?”

Hana and Katsuki peered into Izuku’s face next to him on the couch.

“Yeah, sorry. I’m here.” Izuku repositioned himself to face the two. “I was thinking about your question. What about my happiness?” Izuku cleared his throat and folded his hands in his lap. “I love Kaachan. I always have and I always will. That being said, I don’t want things to change between us until he makes up his mind. I don’t think I sound crazy when I say that I obviously want him and I to keep being “us”. He’s my boyfriend and being with him is what makes me happy. So, I’m still going to be here, waiting to see what he decides.” Izuku watched as a bit of tension returned to the room. He spoke again to turn up the heat a little more. “And I think it’s important that Hana continues to date Dabi since it was important to her to try to move on in the first place. I think it’s fair that she should keep doing that…or whatever.”

Izuku trailed off and let them process his latest mutter storm.

Hana turned her face away from them and leaned against the arm of the couch. Her face slightly twisted into thought as she ran her teeth across her bottom lip.

Fair enough, Izu. I see he is prepared to fight for Katsuki. Not that I had any moves like that in mind. Fuck. This is a mess.

Katsuki stiffened beside her and huffed a deep breath into his hands as he fell forward onto them, supported by his knees. He stayed hunched over like that on the couch for a minute before springing upward onto his feet to turn towards Izuku.

“I’m so sorry Izu.” He threw his arms out wide in front of him, narrowing them at his boyfriend on who was still sitting calmly on the couch. “I am fucking everything up and I’m sorry.”

The greenette stood up and wrapped his arms around Katsuki who immediately softened into them.

“It’s all going to be okay, Kaachan.” Izuku purred into pink tipped ears. “No matter what, I’m not going anywhere. You’ll never lose me. I’m going to be here fighting for you and reminding you of how great we are together…you just have a choice to make. But not matter what you choose, I’ll be here. You can’t have both of us…it’s not what me or Hana want.”

Hana sat alone on the couch. Her hand covering her mouth gently as she looked up to the two men hugging in the middle of her living room.

Damn, Izuku is a real one.

“Come on, Hana.” Izuku waved her forward.

Does he want me to do a weird group hug with them? Like we both aren’t in this wild like/love triangle thing that’s growing battle tactics right now?

“Yes.” Izuku read her mind. “I want you to do a weird group hug with us right now. Katsuki needs it. Come on!”

Katsuki groaned weakly in resistance from somewhere behind a field of green curls.

Hana shrugged her shoulders.

“If it’s what the people want.” Hana mocked and shoved herself off the couch and approached Izuku from the side. She wrapped her arm around his muscled back as her other one snaked around Katsuki’s waist. Her chin rested gently on Izukus shoulder; her face also became buried in thick, green hair.

This isn’t so bad. Hana thought to herself as she became overwhelmed with the scent of eucalyptus and mint. Izuku’s conditioner. Or at least that’s where she thought the scent came from.

Fuck, I forgot how good Izu smells. I see why Katsuki stays tangled up so close to him all the time. Just being this close to him right now with this smell shoved up my nose makes me want to curl up with him and take a fat nap or maybe do something else horizontal.

I don’t remember him smelling this intoxicating even when we…

Hana cocked an eyebrow up into the air. It grazed against the smooth skin of Izuku’s neck.

Hana didn’t notice when her hand had slipped further down the greenette’s back.

But maybe….

“Okay. Group hug over.” Izuku wriggled his warm from around the brunette’s waist and took a step back with his hand braced against Katsuki’s chest. His face was flushed, he turned around to face away from them quickly, attempting to hide what was going on in his pants.

Hana, awoken from her Izuku scented dream, turned to flash a weird glance of “What’s gotten into him?” to Katsuki, but the blonde was already sitting on the couch and had returned to his hunched over position with a pillow in his lap.

“I uhh...think we all enjoyed your group hug idea a little too much, Izu.” Hana blushed and fell onto the couch next to Katsuki in a fit of giggles. Her smile spread wide across her face.

The two heroes joined in quickly. Izuku followed in Hana’s footsteps and flopped down on the couch next to her in a heap. He grabbed a blanket from the basket next to the couch to cover his blushing face and his crotch.

Katsuki swatted a hand at Hana’s goofy smile to shut her up but he missed and hit her in the nose which sent them all into a louder fit of laughter.

Things may be weird but these two are still my best friends.

*

“Oi!” Katsuki leaned forward from the other side of Hana of the couch. “Pass me one of those blankets, Nerd! You know Hana keeps it freezing in here.

Izuku smiled and leaned down and grabbed another one for his boyfriend.

“Oh yea, that’s why you need it.” Hana said sarcastically, earning herself another poorly aimed weak swat to the nose. “Not because you have a super boner from our lame ass group hug.”

“Hey!” Izuku tossed the blanket into Katsuki’s lap. “The group hug was nice…just too nice. Because we are obviously messed up people.”

Izuku blushed and leaned into Hana’s side. She dropped her head onto his shoulder softly, causing Izuku’s blush to deepen. Calm thoughts, Izuku.

“Scary movie?” Katsuki proposed, the remote already in his hand.

Hana and Izuku nodded furiously. Both ready to be done with the stress of the morning’s conversation. It was almost noon, but each of them felt exhausted from all the emotions and setting new boundaries.

The blonde settled on one of Hana and Izuku’s mutual favorites. Idle Hands. It was a late 90’s stoner movie that made them laugh to the point of tears every time they watched it.

As the movie filled the screen on Hana’s large TV, Katsuki snuggled in closer to Hana. He draped one arm across the back of the couch so he could reach the back of Izuku’s head and run his fingers through his hair. He brought his other hand underneath the two blankets they were all sharing. He found Hana’s small hand and intertwined his fingers with hers softly as he rubbed small strokes onto the back of it. He wasn’t hiding it. Izuku could see the blanket wrinkling back and forth, but he didn’t mind. They all just needed each other, and they had known that for a while now, but especially tonight.

Notes:

The starred thought that I wrote...I just couldn't decide who it belonged to. But I didn't want to take it out because it could be had by any of them. Their friendship is a good one, that isn't the problem.

How do we think Katsuki takes his coffee? I couldn't decide on that either lol.

If you really want to get into your feels reading this. I listened to the song below numerous times while writing this. It's just the right vibes.

https://youtu.be/h5MDdSbNjd0

Please let me know how you feel about how things are going :D

Chapter 10

Summary:

“I love it, Dabi.” She leaned her head back into his chest. “I can tell you really worked hard on every single detail. It’s…beautiful.”

He rested his chin on top of a pillow of brown curls and inhaled the smell of cedar and rose that was coming off of the brunette in waves. At the end of another long inhale, he caught a hint of burnt sugar.

 

Bakugou.

 

 

Or: How things have been since their big talk. Hana goes on another date with Dabi. Katsuki might not be the only one that has to make a choice in the future.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

The three neighbors spent the rest of that Saturday in a heap on the couch watching movies and eating Indian take out. The mood was mellow and light. Hana enjoyed every second cuddled between the two heavily muscled heroes.

When they shuffled across the hallway back to their own apartment that night, hand in hand, Hana didn’t feel lonely. She felt warm.

She eventually found herself cuddled up in bed amongst her fluffy pillows and heavy blankets. Hana checked her phone for only the second time that whole day. She responded to Dabi’s text, with Izuku’s words in the back of her mind, and they set up their second date for the following Thursday. Dabi teased her by saying that she didn’t have to pick up overtime shifts in Hosu to see him anymore. He wasn’t wrong.

Her and Izuku having similar feelings about them not becoming a “throuple” helped to ease her mind. She giggled to herself when she remembered the intimate group hug they shared. The thought of how turned on she had gotten by Izuku’s scent almost made her question her decision. But remembering how whole she felt by Katsuki holding her hand all night corrected her mind.

Whatever happens in the future is going to change things, but she was at peace with that. At least for the night.

 

The next few days passed by quickly, Hana went to lunch with Jirou on Sunday to give her all the details about her date and the chaos that followed. The Earphone Jack hero cringed when she told her about Katsuki burning her arm on accident. Jirou knew how much he cared for Hana. She was sure that he was probably beating himself up pretty bad over it. He hasn’t had an accident with his quirk like that in years.

Hana went over to the guys’ apartment for dinner two out of the three nights before she went to work. They all laughed and talked about their week so far. Katsuki reminded Hana several times that she couldn’t bail on pool with him and Kiri this Friday. She promised him she would be there. Izuku brought dinner over to her on Wednesday so she could get some extra sleep. He stayed for a minute to chat about work. Hana thought it was nice spending time together like they used to.

Everything was mostly back to normal with them, minus the sex. The guys had each other and Hana was sure they were using every toy in the drawer, but she was beginning to get…antsy.

By the time Thursday came around she was looking forward to her date with Dabi. Of course, she wasn’t planning on doing anything below the belt with him. She wasn’t sure how Katsuki felt about that, not that she needed his permission, but she wasn’t trying to rock the boat. She was hanging on to the slim chance that this thing could go her way. She just had to wait.

Katsuki and Izuku knew about Hana’s plans on Thursday night. She was being fully transparent with them. Izuku was supportive, maybe being a little too forward with towing his side of the line separating her and Katsuki. She didn’t blame him. Katsuki, on the other hand, had become more reserved about how he felt about her and Dabi. He didn’t bust out as many jokes about “Frankenstein” like he had been leading up to her first date and the day of. He refrained from mentioning him at all.

The blonde was doing his best to give most of his attention to his boyfriend. After all their time together, he knew he had to see if things could change with him. Izuku had promised to come home earlier from work and training if Katsuki would try to stay late with him at least one night a week. The greenette also agreed to spend more time together with their friends. And for the most part, he was keeping his word. He had only come home late on Tuesday.

Hana answered the door for them when they knocked on it 15 minutes before Dabi was supposed to arrive and pick her up. The two were getting better at not using their keys to get in every time.

Izuku refused to take no for an answer when he asked Hana if he could come by to check out her outfit before her date, the brunette suspected he was trying his best to show Katsuki that she was moving on. He rushed in the door and Katsuki shuffled in after his boyfriend. On the inside, the blonde knew he would never miss a chance to get a glimpse at Hana all dressed up. Even if it wasn’t for him.

Izuku stood behind Hana in her full-length mirror, overflowing with compliments on her outfit for the date. Katsuki lingered in the doorway to her bedroom speechless. Dabi had told her they were going somewhere more formal, to help guide her outfit selection without revealing their destination.

Hana chose to wear a sleeveless flowy floor-length black dress with a slit that stopped mid-thigh and a cut out that exposed her long, slender back. She paired it with tall, close toed heels that had short matte black spikes up the back. She spun around in the mirror to see herself from the back and as she did, she saw Katsuki lost in the sight of her. His mouth was open, and his cheeks were flushed bright red. His hands were absentmindedly clinging to the front of his own shirt.

Eventually, his eye met hers and should almost read his mind. He blinked, realizing he had been caught but that didn’t stop his eyes from wandering over her standing before him in that dress. She flashed him a soft smile, he winked back devilishly. Hana swallowed hard before dropping her eyes. Her heart beat like a thunderstorm in her chest.

“You look beautiful, Hana.” Katsuki crossed the room to stand behind her in the mirror.

Izuku read the room and slowly walked away to take a seat on Hana's bed with his head hung low. His plan hadn’t worked how he thought it would. He thought seeing Hana dressed up to go on a date with Dabi would throw the blonde off. Instead, they were sharing a moment.

For a second, Hana let herself forget that Izuku was there. She pretended that it was just her and Katsuki standing in the mirror. She imagined the blonde standing beside her in a well-fitting, all black suit with a dark red button down underneath and black tie to match. They could be going out for to a fancy dinner or to a symphony, like the ones Jirou drags her to sometimes. Katsuki’s red eyes could crawl over her all night and she wouldn’t have to feel guilty. Hana raised her right arm up and rested it on Katsuki’s chest. The material she felt wasn’t that of a tight smooth button down. It was his t-shirt. But he smiled back at her in the reflection of the mirror just like he did in her dream.

Hana patted his chest with her fingertips lightly before she let her arm fall and she turned herself forward in the mirror.

Katsuki’s smile faded and Izuku reappeared in Hana’s dream world, the moment steered back to reality.

“Thanks for hyping me up guys.” Hana walked back into her closet to grab her heavy, rust orange button up coat before leading the way out of her bedroom.

When they turned the corner back into Hana’s kitchen, they heard the buzz of her phone going off. She scooped it up from the counter.

“He’s waiting downstairs.” Hana dropped the phone into her purse as Katsuki grabbed the coat from her arms and held it up to help her put it on.

“Thanks, Kats…” She slipped the sleeves on carefully.

Katsuki’s face flushed again as Hana turned her back to him and he could see the goosebumps tracing down the small ladder of Hana’s spine. From where he stood above her, he could see the very top of the red lace of his favorite pair of Hana’s underwear covering her round ass. It was covered by the dress so no one else could see it unless they were close to his height and looking for it. The blonde’s face blushed even harder.

Hana turned around and caught a glimpse of the wild blaze spreading across Katsuki’s cheeks. His tight-lipped smile matched it.

“What?” Hana pointed a finger at him. “Does the back of my hair look fucked up?”

Hana started feeling around her head for any wild curls. She actually twisted the top half of it up tonight at the back of her head into a loose knot with some small black pins. She left a few out and they framed her small face and high cheekbones perfectly. Katsuki had noticed that too.

“No! No! You look fucking fine, Hana.” Katsuki attempted to assure her. Hana stopped swatting around her head and resumed checking her purse to make sure she had everything. “You look perfect.”

Hana stopped digging in her purse and her eyes perked up to meet the blonde’s. A small blush dusted her face.

“Be careful tonight, okay?” Katsuki made his way to the door and held it open for her and Izuku. The greenette hadn’t said much of anything since they were in the bedroom.

“Yeah. Be safe tonight, Hana!” Izuku gave her a thumbs up as she waited for the elevator. “Have fun!”

“Thanks, Izu!” Hana waved from the elevator. “I’ll text you when I make it home. Night guys!”

The two heroes watched as the elevator doors opened and she stepped in. Katsuki lingered in the doorway after Izuku had already went inside their apartment. Golden and red eyes stayed connected until the doors closed.

I fucking hate seeing her go with that freakshow. But I also need to figure my shit out. I still have no idea what to do and Izu is freaking me out with how he’s acting. I know us going over there was a ruse. I know she is going for herself and to take some weight off of Izuku. He pretty much demanded that she keep dating Heavily Toasted but still…she doesn’t have to.

Seeing her like that…

That fucker better not touch her…

When the doors opened downstairs, Hana was expecting to immediately see cerulean blue eyes, but they weren’t there. Her gazed moved to the door where she found Dabi chatting with Gary the doorman.

I should have expected that. Chatty ass Gary.

As she crossed the lobby, she could make out Dabi’s outfit and that caused her pace to slow down. He was wearing an all-black suit that fit snug to his legs and arms. His shirt underneath was all black too, down to the smooth matte buttons and a matching black tie. He paired his scorching ensemble with black dress shoes and a matte black watch.

Oh, wow. I’m even more fucked than last time.

Dabi’s lips stopped moving as he saw her walking towards him. The rhythm of her heels on the shiny floor of the lobby was now 1000 times slower than the beat of his heart. His eyes grew a couple sizes as he watched Hana’s slim figure move towards him. The front of her coat was unbuttoned, and he could see the center of Hana’s exposed chest free from the low cut of the dress. It wasn’t too cheeky. Hana wasn’t overly blessed in the chest area; it was mostly the beauty of that smooth skin and the way the light played off its natural golden tone that had him so caught up.

“Dabi?” Hana stopped in front of him, placing a hand on the center of his chest. “Are you in there?”

The Ex-Villain blinked and resumed breathing. His thoughts still catching up to him.

“Yes, sorry.” Gary chuckled beside him before waving to Hana and walking off. “I’m here. I just um—you look absolutely beautiful. Stunning.”

Hana’s melodic laugh filled his ears, and he was suddenly having trouble breathing again.

“You haven’t seen me without my jacket on yet.” Hana teased and Dabi took her arm as they walked outside. “And as I was saying, when you were in outer space; you look really handsome tonight. One could say, you look beautiful and stunning too.”

“Oh, I am nowhere near ready for you to take that jacket off, Kitten.” Dabi placed a hand over his heart. “And...thanks.”

The raven haired man was still getting used to being called anything but freak and villain. Beautiful was still not how he saw himself.

Hana’s laughter dulled his senses once more and she flashed a smile towards him once they hit the parking lot that almost made him trip.

“Where’s your bike?”

“You think I’m going to take you on my bike, wearing that?” Hana gave herself a once over and shrugged her shoulders. “No. I brought my actual car tonight.”

Hana heard the chirp of a car alarm behind her. She turned around and saw the dream car of every boyfriend she ever had back in the states.

“You’re kidding me?” Hana remained slack-jawed staring at the car that Dabi was walking towards. “A Jeep?”

Dabi opened the passenger side door to his four-door matte black Jeep Wrangler for her to climb in with a smile.

“This Fuckboy Machine here, is yours?” Hana sat back in the seat and reached behind herself for the seatbelt.

“Um this whatboy machine??” Dabi scoffed and tilted his head down towards her. “This thing is awesome, cool as fuck, and you know it! I bet you dated at least five guys back home that had one.”

Dabi gently shut the door, blocking himself from Hana’s playful swats over his last comment.

After they got on the road, Dabi glanced over at Hana as she gazed out of the window.

She is actually beautiful. Why in the hell is she in this car with me?

I wonder if her “neighbors” saw her leave tonight. No fucking way Daddy Bakugou would let her leave looking that gorgeous. He must be dense, or maybe he really does love that boyfriend of his.

Dabi took a leap of faith and reached his hand over to grab hers. Hana broke her gaze out of the window to turn and give him a soft smile before she locked her fingers into his. The ex-villain watched from the corner of his eye. He couldn’t hide the smile that started to form on his face.

Five minutes later, they pulled up to the curb in a recently rejuvenated part of downtown. Coffee shops, yoga studios, and small businesses had begun popping up all over this area and it was popular with travelers because it was close to most of the hotels.

Dabi opened the door for Hana and offered her a hand to help her get out. Once they were both on the sidewalk, she threw him a questioning glance.

“Are you thinking about actually asking me where we are going this time?” Dabi questioned as he guided her down the sidewalk.

“Uhh okay.” Hana groaned. “Where are we going, Dabi? Surprise ruiner.”

“We’re here already, Hana.” Dabi stepped out of her view of the building behind him.

The sign on the building above the door was lit up with dark purple letters, traced in a dark silver. It read “The Raven.” Hana’s eyes sparkled as she smiled back down at him.

“Is this your restaurant!?” Hana squealed and gripped his hand that was interlocked with hers tightly. “Holy shit! Can we go in?”

“Um, that’s kind of the idea.” He led her towards the idea. “I promised you a date, right? And that usually means dinner.”

“I thought you said it wasn’t open yet!” Hana looked deeply into blue eyes.

“We are doing a soft opening in a few weeks. We’re still hiring and training staff right now. But I had my Head Chef come in tonight to make a few things off the menu for us.” Dabi led Hana into a giant, open dining room.

“Wow.” Her eyes shifted from the Dabi’s face to the get on read on the place.

There were tables surrounded by large, grey velvet lined dining chairs. The tables themselves were a dark wood, almost a charred black but you could still see the grain. The edges of the round tables and the rectangular ones along the walls were live edge. Each table along the walls was illuminated by a recessed light from high up on the ceiling. They didn’t have that interrogation, string light hanging above your forehead vibe.

The mood was easy from the dim lighting. All of the walls were painted a light grey and decorated with beautiful charcoal drawings. Hana focused her eyes on the largest one that hung at the back of the restaurant behind the stage. It was a detailed drawing of Dabi’s hands done in a smoky charcoal. His hands were staged lightly pressing together, his long, slender fingers pointed towards the top left corner of the canvas. The deep shading of the burns collided with lighter marks of the staples which both contrasted heavily from the paleness of his skin. The drawing made his hands almost look whimsical. It was beautiful.

“Do you like it?” Dabi came up behind Hana and slipped his arms around her waist loosely.

“I love it, Dabi.” She leaned her head back into his chest. “I can tell you really worked hard on every single detail. It’s…beautiful.”

He rested his chin on top of a pillow of brown curls and inhaled the smell of cedar and rose that was coming off of the brunette in waves. At the end of another long inhale, he caught a hint of burnt sugar.

Bakugou.

Dabi stepped back and sunk his hands into his pockets. Hana turned around and slipped her jacket off her shoulders. The Ex-villain’s thoughts of the angry blonde disappeared as he focused on Hana’s small frame in that long black dress. He blushed when he saw her exposed leg peak out from the slit that stopped just above the curve of her thigh. She rested her jacket over the back of a dark grey chair.

“So, which table should we sit at?” Hana peered up into wide cerulean blue eyes.

“Whichever one you want, Kitten.” Dabi followed her to a table in the center of the room. He felt like he could have followed her out into the middle of a busy street if she led him there in his current state of infatuation.

They had good conversation over the plates of delicious food the Head Chef Richard had brought out. Hana complimented him and Dabi on how tasteful each dish was. Richard left and the conversation continued to flow easily. Hana asked him about Toga and Kai. Dabi told her that Toga hasn’t shut up about nice and pretty Hana is. He tells her that she even made a big impression on Kai. He doesn’t talk or care much about anything but felt inclined enough to tell Dabi that he thought Hana was different from most girls he had brought to meet them, and he liked that she wasn’t scared to shake his hand.

Hana asked Dabi about how he was feeling about talking to Shoto and the rest of their family soon. He said he was still working through it and trying to find the right time and proper way to do it. He asked Hana to tell him more about his little brother.

“Sho is…different.” The brunette smiled across the table. “He is definitely on the quiet side. Sometimes I think he doesn’t understand what we are talking about either. Seems like when he was growing up, he didn’t experience much of anything from the outside world. Just…your dad, you know.”

Hana noticed that Dabi had furrowed his brow and was staring twenty miles deep into the empty shallow plate in front of him.

“But from the short time I’ve known him I think he is happy.” Dabi lifted his eyes to meet hers. “He’s a great hero and a really good friend to everyone. He’s the friend you go to when you need a good listener. Shoto doesn’t judge and he’s honest about everything he’s been through. He just makes you feel comfortable, like no matter what it is that’s troubling you it will be okay, and you won’t feel like this forever.”

The raven-haired man was leaning forward across the table now, listening closely with a soft smile on his face.

“And you didn’t hear it from me, but your brother might be a little bit of a pothead.” Hana and Dabi laughed over their dimly lit table. “He smokes when he’s with our friend Denki. He’s harmless, but definitely a stoner when he isn’t on the clock. Dude will make you laugh for hours if you have the time.”

“Little Sho.” Dabi smirked and tipped back his glass. “Who would of thought? I umm…can’t wait to meet him. Again.

They talked more about Shoto and the rest of the Todoroki clan for a while. Several jokes were made at Endeavor’s expense.

Eventually, Dabi asked how things were going with her “neighbors”.

“Things are good actually.” Hana took a sip from a dark glass of red wine. “We talked Saturday morning, after they pulled a sneak attack on us, and it actually went better than I thought it would.”

“So…” Dabi thought carefully about his words and brought his own glass to his lips. “Has anything changed?”

“Is this weird?” Hana leaned forward over the table. “Are you sure you’re okay with me talking about all of this on our date? We can wait until—”

Dabi placed a palm over Hana’s hand where it was rested on the smooth wooden table.

“It’s okay, Hana.” Dabi softly smiled, his face illuminated by the candle he had lit with his quirk on their table. “I told you I’m willing to see where this goes, and where you stand with them is a big determining factor into what happens with us. All I’m asking for is your honesty.”

Hana relaxed back in her chair but flipped her hand over on the table to tuck her fingers into Dabi’s palm.

“You’re right.” Hana sat her glass down. “Well, Izuku and I agreed that we don’t have “relationship” feelings for each other. Which was a relief, but it didn’t really change anything about how Kats feels about both of us. So, once it was clear that we weren’t going to be a “throuple”, like you called it…” Dabi and Hana smiled at each other and laughed slightly, before the brunette sat forward some and stiffened up once more. “Things got a little tense.”

Hana’s mind flooded with the memory of Katsuki rubbing his jeans with two sparking palms. It hurt to see him so distraught. He has had issues with his anxiety for years, but it had been getting better with all of the therapy and his medication helped a ton. All of this weight had to be becoming too much.

“Izu brought up how Katsuki had been changing. He hasn’t been so intense with their training and he has been spending more time with…his friends and stuff.” Dabi filled in the gap that Hana glazed over.

She means Bakugou has been spending time with her. He’s realizing there are other things in life besides beating up on villains.

Bravo to him, I guess.

“Izu didn’t put all the blame on Kats though. He admitted that he is and always has been hyper focused on work. Becoming Number 1 and saving people, you know.” Hana focused her eyes on the flickering candlelight. “He even admitted that he didn’t notice when Kats cut his hair…and that was a year and a half ago. Almost right when I met them.” Hana focused her gaze back onto her glass.

“Wow.” Dabi placed his empty glass on the table and frowned towards Hana. “That must have fucking stung.”

Shit. I kind of feel for the guy.

Piercing blue eyes narrowed onto Hana’s spaced-out face.

“What happened after that?” Dabi stroked a thumb across the top of the brunette’s hand, bringing her back into consciousness.

“Oh—” Hana put her own glass down and let herself really sink into Dabi’s touch. His smooth voice and relaxed tone matched the half-lidded calmness of his eyes. Dabi’s laid back presence made it slightly easier for her to form her next words.

“Izu told Kats that he had to make a choice.” Blue eyes flickered across the table, almost losing their mellow, unbothered appearance. “Izu told him that he isn’t going anywhere. I get the sense that he is going to fight hard for his boyfriend.” Haan chuckled at hearing herself say that out loud. “That’s crazy, right? He’s Kat’s boyfriend. They have epic history. There is no choice.”

Hana sagged after finishing her sentence and Dabi poured her another glass from the dwindling bottle.

“Kitten, this may be unconventional for me to say, but if being with Bakugou is really what you want then I don’t think you should sell yourself short.” Dabi’s hand raised to her chin and lifted it. “You’re beautiful. Not only that, but you’re also an amazing woman.” Dabi let a smile curl his lips at the corners. “He definitely has a choice to make and I am not going to lie. I am rooting for Midoriya, for selfish reasons.”

The ex-villain watched as Hana’s presence lifted. Her shoulders lifting higher from her chest. Golden eyes smiled at him from across the table.

Dabi brought his hand back to cover hers on the table and he sipped from his own topped off wine glass.

“So, is everything just back to business as usual between all of you? I noticed you said that you were having dinner with them the other night.” Dabi cocked a suggestive eyebrow across the table.

G-Rated business. Hana thought to herself.

“Pretty much.” She sipped from her glass. “We aren’t…you know. Anymore. Izu 86’d that.” The brunette smirked at her service industry joke as she threw a look towards the kitchen. “Kats and I agreed with him though. Things are different and it wouldn’t be fair for any of us.”

Dabi smiled at her joke and leaned forward onto his palm held up by his elbow on the table.

“Hmmm.” The raven-haired man clad in his tight fitting formal clothes thought out the proper way to tease Hana’s lack in entertainment. “So, you’re just trying to get me to finish this bottle so you can take me home, huh?”

Dabi’s blue eyes pierced through Hana’s entire body. She was already having trouble meeting them without getting lost staring at his flexed forearm stretching the rolled-up sleeves of his dress shirt. The deep purple of the burns tightened over his muscled arms. Her eyes slowed over them to his strong hand underneath his chin. His fingers were so long, and they rested lightly against the sharpness of his cheekbone and jawline.

Hana swallowed hard and brought her gaze back to the cerulean blue eyes. She could feel her cheeks absolutely burning under his nonchalant gaze.

He may be acting aloof, but he damn well knows what he is doing.

Hana tilted her chin, causing the flames of the candlelight to dance around her face.

“It’s our second date, Mr. Let’s Take it Slow.” Hana watched as Dabi blew out a hiss through pursed lips, his eyes barely open. “I’m trying to be good tonight…”

Hana was still unsure of how to act. When she was no-sex just friends with the two heroes before everything had gotten interesting, she just did as she pleased. Hookups and a couple one-night stands but she didn’t know if that’s what she is supposed to be doing now.

She’s supposed to be waiting for Katsuki to make up his mind and she wanted to respect his feelings and her own. But they had agreed that she would keep dating Dabi, to see if she could move on she guessed?

She never had sex with anyone else while she was with them. It was kind of an unspoken thing, she also cringed at the inner slash to her self respect if she was sleeping with more than two people at a time.

But I am not sleeping with them anymore and I am dating Dabi. It’s not just a random one-night stand.

But Ka--

The music changed overhead, and a familiar song shook Hana from her thoughts. This was the second or third song that she had heard playing through the speakers that she had on her own playlist.

“I'm definitely not changing the subject, BUT I love this playlist you guys have.” Hana perked up and she smiled as she leaned back into the plush grey velvet.

“Oh. I’m just playing stuff off my Spotify tonight.” Dabi pointed to his phone on the table.

“You like KALEO?” Hana deadpanned across the table. Her brain rumbling to a full stop.

“Um, duh Hana.” He smiles lightly. “I have cool hobbies and interests, remember? I don’t just run businesses. I actually saw them live last summer.” Dabi ended on a sarcastic high note. His eyes a bit more open with excitement over their mutual tastes.

Oh. The way he just said my name…I could listen to that a few times a day.

The two found out they had many more familiarities in their playlists as the night went on. The talk ranged from music to TV shows and hobbies. They touched on a few hilarious stories of their experiences at concerts. They both loved live music, but Hana hadn’t been to a show since moving to Japan. Dabi assured her that the ones here were just as good.

As they were leaving the restaurant and Dabi was locking the door behind them, he told her he had an idea for their date the following weekend but that it would be a true surprise.

There is a party in the park next weekend at the same place I took her on our first date. Not live music, but still pretty chill.

A lot of my friends will be there though…she may not be ready to be fully thrown into my band of shitheads yet.

Besides Toga and Kai.

Maybe I can think of a softer way for her to meet them first.

“So, you think you’re getting a third date?” Hana smirked from the passenger seat on the way home. Her hand was running up the length of Dabi’s right forearm from its grip on the gear shift. His arm was almost trembling from the light touch. He could feel a heat growing in his chest as he watched her arm trace up and down his veins.

“Actually.” He cleared his throat. “That’ll be our fourth date.” Hana cut her eyes at him sideways, and her mouth was twisted almost into the shape of a question mark.

“I want to take you out this Sunday too.” He smiled softly, breaking his gaze from the road as they pulled up onto Hana’s street. “There’s a party at Kai’s house and I want you to come with me. Meet my friends. Toga will be there….”

Hana kept tracing lines up the tall, raven-haired man’s arm.

“Okay.” Hana answered quickly. “It sounds fun….”

“And maybe a little too dangerous? I guess you’re right to assume that I don’t run around with a group of adult hallway patrol monitors like you do.” Dabi paused and tightened his grip on the steering wheel after putting the car into park on the curb. “It’s cool if you don’t want to.”

Hana grabbed his arm and pulled it into her lap from across the car. She went back to tracing up and down his arm. He watched her fingers and realized she was touching directly where his staples connected his skin. It doesn’t hurt.

The spots where the staples bit into his skin were always inflamed and painful, he learned to ignore it over the years. He barely noticed it anymore and did his best to not touch the junctions at all. They have a tendency to bleed.

But the way Hana was touching them…

He hadn’t noticed the small emissions of light coming from her fingertips or how cool they felt.

She’s using her quirk…she’s healing them.

But only a little, like she doesn’t want me to notice.

It feels…good.

Before Dabi could call attention to her actions Hana lifted her view from his arm to his blue eyes.

“It’s not that at all. I’m not scared of them.” Hana smiled softly; her pink lips glistened in the glow of the streetlight above them. “Besides…I feel safe with you.” Dabi’s heart did a full backflip in his chest.

Dabi sat stunned for a second. Feeling the waves of honesty from Hana’s smile and words wash over him. He couldn’t muster up any words just yet, so he just nodded and gave her a soft look.

They were almost to the door, walking hand in hand, when he turned to say goodnight.

“So, Sunday?” He reached to hold both of her hands between them. Hana took a step closer to him. The smell of cedar and rose overwhelmed his senses again. “I’ll pick you up around 6?”

“Mhmmm.” Hana hummed, leaning her head back to peek up at him.

Her golden eyes met ocean blue water as Dabi leaned down a little lower. There foreheads touching lightly in the middle.

“Tonight was…good.” Hana hummed again. Dabi could feel the vibrations of her voice through his chest, it was flush together with hers as they managed to get closer.

“Mhmmm.” Dabi hummed back.

Hana could feel echo from his voice tremble his lips as they met with hers. The kiss felt like their first on back at the park. Slow and tender, their lips taking turns moving back and forth. Hana’s parted willingly for Dabi to slip his tongue in, both massaging together in harmony.

The brunette felt Dabi release one of her hands and she brought it to the nape of his neck. Their bodies completely pressed against one another. She felt her way to the edge of his right jaw with her eyes closed. Her fingers tangling into a bit of dark hair. Dabi pulled softly on the lengths of her hair between her shoulder blades. All the while, their mouths were nibbling and sucking deeper into the kiss.

Hana took a chance and bit into Dabi’s lower lip a little harder, she felt the pinch of a staple against her bottom lip but that didn’t slow her down. She just licked at the blood on her lip and went back to sucking at Dabi’s warm tongue.

She felt him stiffen against her and pull away from the kiss. He opened his eyes and saw the cut on her lower lip. Golden eyes flickered open, and she figured out what he had him paused.

His gaze shifted from her eyes to her lips. The flush across his nose deepened.

Fuck. She’s bleeding.

Dabi took in the sight of Hana standing half-lidded in front of him. Her hair was ruffled, and her breathing was airing on the edge of panting. Her gaze fixed on his lips and on the skin of his neck peeking out from his collar. She hadn’t even noticed the swallow pool of blood forming on her lip.

Fuck, maybe I went to far. Slow Hana, be easy.

The brunette began to flick her tongue out to clean away the blood she felt growing on her lip but a long, pale finger pushed against them to stop her.

She looked up to meet Dabi’s eyes, the blue in them had gotten darker. Resembling more of the color from the lake the other night.

His blue eyes were looking deep into hers as he leaned his head down, towering over her, and licked across her pink bottom lip. Before he closed his mouth, she could see the bright flash of red across his tongue through barely open eyes.

FUCK.

Her lips crashed against his and she had both hands tangled into his hair before she could register the returned energy coming from the ex-villain. His hands had dug under her coat and were exploring the smooth skin from the cutout in the back of her dress. She felt the heat of his fingertips pressing along her spine.

Feeling the cool air against the back of his hands sparked Dabi into opening his eyes. Hana was releasing small moans into his mouth. His mind was swimming in her sounds. He felt the heat that was once in his chest spread down to his lower stomach. Without thinking he moved his lips to the side of Hana’s neck and kissed his way around the warm skin there. With his eyes open, he could see the downward ladder of her spine. The tan hues in her skin glittering in the glow of the streetlight once more. At the lowest part of the dress, that rested just above the curve of her perky bottom he saw a flash of red lace.

The sight caused the heat in his belly to descend further, and he felt the front of his pants grow tighter. He dug his teeth from where they had sunken into Hana’s neck and straightened his view onto Hana’s lips once more.

She met him again with full intensity. Swollen lips, slickened with spit, moved against each other at a lethal pace. Hana couldn’t remember the last time she breathed, and her chest was on fire. She felt Dabi’s teeth sink into her bottom lip once more and she felt a moan climb from her throat.

Hana’s moan sent Dabi over the edge once more and he grinded against the brunette’s hips rather roughly. He felt Hana’s legs wobble and he believed maybe she was getting caught up too until he felt a laugh against his lips.

“Ummm..” Hana brought her hand from where it had been tangled in his hair to press against his chest. “I think we made it to my building.”

Dabi opened his eyes to see that he had grinded Hana into the business end of a door handle. Her back was bent into an awkward hunch.

“Oh shit.” The ex-villain took a step back to let Hana unfold herself. “I-I’m so fucking sorry.” He let slip from his lips before he brought a hand to hide his laughter.

“Oh, it’s definitely okay.” Hana chimed and straightened herself. Her jacket was hanging on by a thread and he helped her straighten it. She flipped the long ends of her dark hair from underneath and Dabi pulled on one curl to watch it spring.

“Shit, I love that.” Dabi’s smile spread across his entire face. “They are so…bouncy.”

Hana’s melodic laugh filled his ears from hearing him use such an elementary word.

“Oh yea. You’re so scary. I should hope your friends are only half as intimidating!” Hana swatted at his chest before looking into the lobby. It was empty and Chatty Gary was well into his nightly nap at his desk.

Whew. No witnesses to our XXX moment on the sidewalk. Lucky.

She turned back to look at Dabi. He was standing with his hands in his pockets watching her with a smile on his face.

“Goodnight Hana.” Dabi whispered before leaning in and giving her a soft kiss. It only lasted a few seconds, but it was long enough that she missed the warmth immediately after.

“Goodnight Dabi.” She smiled and went into the lobby door he was holding open for her.

He walked backwards from the door and waited until Hana was in the elevator before he turned to face the parking lot. A smile covered his face, barely leaving enough room between the burns and staples for his small blush to be seen.

The thought of Hana healing his skin was far from his mind and he felt warm.

Seven floors above…

Hana stepped off the elevator with a blush of her own. She used the back of her jacket sleeve to wipe off the lipstick, spit, and a small amount of blood that had smeared across her mouth.

When she slipped her key into the door, she caught a hint of firewood and burnt sugar. Before she turned around, she already knew who was standing behind her.

“No good night kiss for me?

 

Hana’s keys fell out of the door handle and she whipped around to come face to face with a black tank top. Her eyes followed up the stretching threads, over the ridged adam’s apple, and onto parted pink lips.

“I’m just fucking with you, Hana.” The lips moved and she jumped. Her gaze arriving at its destination into ruby red eyes.

Katsuki was standing so close to her and she felt her back jamming into a door handle, again.

“9:30.” The blonde scoffed but didn’t step back. The heat wave coming off of his chest was almost hiving Hana a sunburn and the smell of burnt sugar was moving the heat in her body down south once more. Red eyes searched her face deeply and his breath was tickling her eyelashes. Fucking aye. “Not bad. How was…your night?”

Hana shifted her gaze and it fell into the two hero’s doorway. It was open and she could see Izuku waving from the couch. Popcorn in hand. She gave him a two-finger wave and soft smile before hiding her face again behind Katsuki’s broad, exposed shoulders.

“Good.” Hana swallowed. “It was good.”

“Hmm.” Katsuki hummed. Hana’s vision blurred as she attempted to maintain calm eye contact with the blonde. She tried to ignore the tingling sensations Katsuki’s hum had pierced her body with. He was still standing not even half a foot away from her and she was fading fast under his smolder.

“You smell like…burnt wood.” The blonde twisted his face and leaned in a little closer. The tickles from his breath rippling across her face.

Cheeky move, Kats.

“So do you.” Hana retorted and tiptoed a step closer towards Katsuki with a cocked eyebrow and raised chin.

The blonde let his gaze into golden eyes hold a second longer before he folded. Fuck.

Katsuki stepped back with his hands deep in his pockets and a smirk on his face. He noticed the small cut on her swollen bottom lip.

She’s going to be the fucking death of me.

“Pool tomorrow?” Hana bent down to pick her keys up from the floor. The keys jingled as she tried to steady her hand and slide her house key into the lock.

“Yep.” Katsuki let out in a low groan. Hana’s keys chimed again. “Goodnight Hana.”

“Goodnight Kats.” She met his soft eyes once more before shutting the door between them.

Notes:

Still figuring out how to write out the hotter moments...hang in there with me.

Hope you like it!

Chapter 11

Summary:

“And the lip?” Izuku eyed her and took a sweet drink from his mug.

Hana moved her gaze down at her coffee and adjusted herself in her seat.

“That’s from…Thursday. Just forgot to heal it.” Hana took a long gulp from the steaming hot mug. Fucking idiot.

“Ohhh. I see.” Izuku whined from across the counter and leaned forward onto his toes. “Letting it linger?”

“Shut up.” Hana drug out as she tried to hide a smirk.

“Those staples are little hard to navigate around, huh?” Izuku teased and Hana’s jaw dropped to the floor. She couldn’t help but laugh when Izuku started giggling at her reaction.

“Oi! Can you fuckers not talk about Frankenstein so fucking loud in the morning?” Katsuki yelled from the living room. He had carefully maneuvered out from underneath a still snoring Kiri and was making his way towards them.

Or: Izuku and Ochako go out for a drunk brunch. Katsuki ends up being the center of a cuddle fest. Guess who finds him snuggled between a red head and a brunette the next morning?

 

Okay. That was just too fun to write.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Izuku dropped his head onto folded arms on the table in front of him as Ochako ordered them another pitcher of mimosas from their waiter. The two best friends, once short-lived lovers in high school, were at a discrete “hero’s only” brunch spot the following Friday morning.

The greenette had given his best friend the “skinny” on his current situation over the first pitcher of tangy orange juice and bubbly champagne. Ochako brought her fingertips to rub her temples as she turned back to look at her friend buried in his own arms.

“So…all this started a little bit after you guys moved into that building and you never told me?” Ochako’s barely veiled anger caused him to dig deeper into his arm tunnel. “Deku, you should have told me! I could have helped, sweetie.”

Ochako paused to pour herself a glass from the fresh orange pitcher the waiter had just dropped off at their table. She took a long gulp before setting the glass down. “I knew something was off with that girl. I mean, she’s my friend and I like her, but I always got the feeling that she was hiding something.”

“THIS!” Izuku sprung from his arm cave, red in the face. “She was hiding the same thing that me and Kacchan have been hiding. It wasn’t so hard to keep it from everyone until things got so fucked up.”

“Deku, language.” Ochako huffed and sipped her drink. “You have gone this long without picking up Bakugou’s foul mouth. It’s not time to start now. Probably doesn’t help that Hana’s is just as bad and you guys are always…”

Ochako frowned at herself and covered her mouth in frustration.

Izuku cussed a fair amount. He just held back in front of certain people. Those people being Ochako and Iida. They made him feel so pressured to be perfect all of the time. Japan’s Sweetheart. That was part of why it took him until today to confess what was going on with him. He knew Ochako would be concerned, but Iida would have freaked.

“No…” Ochako paused to huff down a powdery pastry. “There is something else. I noticed it after you first introduced us. Something just oozes darkness about her. She never talks about herself, her past, or why she came here.” Izuku was hanging on to his best friend’s words, he was going to stand up for Hana and defend her right to privacy, but something was holding him back. The brunette was very social, but she did keep anything deeply personal close to the vest. She’s seen himself and Katsuki at some very weak moments, but Izuku can’t remember a time when he has even seen her cry. He was nearing a mutter storm when Ochako broke his thoughts. “OH. That’s right, could just be that she is a HOMEWRECKER!”

“Uraraka!” Deku put his hands up to wave at her nonsense. “Your language this time!”

The light pink dress she was wearing crumpled in the middle as Ochako hunched over the table and buried her face into her hands out of frustration.

“I know! I know! It’s just I hate to see you upset and Bakugou is your boyfriend!” Ochako sat up suddenly very serious. Her palms grasping firmly at the white tablecloth spread in front of them. “No matter what kind of agreement you guys had. Katsuki is yours. No matter how stupid he is acting right now. Now, what are you going to do? You can’t just sit around and wait for him to make up his mind.”

Izuku sat up straight in his chair and mirrored his friend’s serious appearance in front of him. His palms rested heavily on the table.

“I’m going to fight for him!” Izuku took a gulp of his own mimosa and finished it in one breath. “I’m not just going to wait. I can’t act like I’ve been the model boyfriend this past year either. I noticed that Kacchan had been less focused on his training, but I just kept going at the same speed.”

“I’m going to try to be home more. He’s been more interested in cooking and hanging out with you guys lately…and Hana. But I’ve been at the gym and stuff. I’ve almost got full control of my quirk by now.” Izuku’s shoulders slagged some and he was running his thumb over the edges of the empty glass.

“I encouraged Hana to keep dating Dabi…right in front of Kacchan. I know that was a heavy-handed move but I can’t compete with how Hana has a life outside of her job. She’s home more than I am, and I can’t always be around to keep an eye on them…”

Izuku had fallen back into his hunched over position. Ochako’s frown deepened as she saw the sad look on her best friend’s face.

“I don’t blame you, Deku. You are the most genuine guy I know, and I also know you felt bad exploiting a weak spot between them but it was the right thing to do. You have to stay on top of you’re training. We’re heroes!” Ochako formed tight fists on the table. “But I know you probably did it because there could be a chance that Hana might move on with someone else then you and "Kacchan" wouldn’t be having this…problem.”

Izuku shifted in his seat as Ochako refilled his glass once more.

“That’s another problem itself though.” The greenette sipped his mimosa slowly this time. His body was beginning to feel the effects from the last one. His brain was moving slower. “Hana offered to leave. I could tell that she truly meant that she would if we agreed. And I told her no because I wanted Kacchan to decide for himself. I want to know that he chose me on his own. I don’t want to think “what if” forever if someone else does it for him.”

Izuku took another strong swig. The glass was empty again and Ochako rushed to refill it.

“But then I made that dick move with the Dabi thing. Hoping that Hana would just move on. Or maybe I did it because I knew it would hurt Kacchan…”

Ochako grabbed his arm from across the table and tugged on the sleeve of his blue and white striped sweater firmly.

“You may have suggested it, but Hana didn’t have to agree to it.” Ochako furrowed her brow. “You said she went out again with him last night? Ick. Dabi. I mean, he’s hot, but in a dirty cigarette smelling bad boy kind of way and I wasn’t too moved by his public apology over his involvement with The League. He kidnapped Bakugou for All Might’s sake!”

“Hmph.” Izuku mumbled. “I guess you’re right. She didn’t have to keep going out with him.”

The greenette thought back to watching his boyfriend and Hana in the hallway last night. Hana’s eyes when she saw him on the couch. He could tell that she felt guilty under the pressure that the blonde was putting on her. When she looked at him her eyes looked sad. Almost regretful that she had gotten stopped by Katsuki. He had been listening to the TV on the lowest volume so he could hear when the elevator hit their floor. He probably would have sat there all night until she got home.

Maybe she is dating him because she wants to or maybe she is doing it to help me. She really seemed to believe that there was no chance that Kaachan would choose her the other night on the couch.

“I can’t say I’m a big fan of Dabi but maybe if she does choose to move on it wouldn’t be the worst thing…” Ochako finished her seventh mimosa and hid a ladylike belch into her elbow.

The burp brought a smile to the greenette’s face and the two best friends crumpled into laughter.

“So. A lighter subject.” Izuku drank from his tenth full glass of sweet alcohol and leaned across the table. “How is the wedding planning going? Is Tenya still ruling over each decision with Class President authority?”

“Oh, you have no idea.” Ochako smiled so brightly Izuku had to squint his eyes a little to look at her. They had been engaged since their first year working as Pro Heroes. It’s hard to fit a wedding into their hectic schedules so it had to be pushed far ahead of time. The date was set for this upcoming Spring. April 5th. Ochako had always dreamed of a Spring wedding. Flowers in full bloom. A princess style wedding dress. Izuku was set to be her Maid/Man of Honor. And he was deeply honored to hold such a special place in Ochako’s heart.

The two continued to discuss wedding details well into the afternoon over a couple more pitchers of mimosas. They then went and did a little drunk shopping for Ochako’s upcoming bachelorette trip.

Later that night...

Hana and Katsuki planned to meet Kiri at the bar around seven. The blonde met her across the hall at six and they stopped to have dinner along the way at their favorite taco shop. Things between the two of them were normal. No discussion of Hana’s date the night before, just casual talk about the upcoming movies to continue their marathon and showing each other funny videos they had stumbled across during the week. Katsuki told her about holding that villain in the trash can the last week. Hana laughed so hard she spilled half of the fillings from her veggie burrito.

He watched the crisp hues of the fall foliage and orange sunset act as a backdrop to Hana’s beauty. Her laugh turned the tips of his ears pink and when she clung to his arm for support, he felt his arm turn to jelly under her touch.

“How was your week?” Katsuki cleared his throat and flexed his bicep underneath her hand.

Hana felt the firm muscle bulge underneath her fingertips, and she smiled softly at the blonde over rosy tinted cheeks.

“It’s been good.” Hana looked out across the grass in front of the picnic table they were sitting at. “Work was the same as always. Not as many bashed up heroes and civilians thanks to you and Izu.”

The corners of her lips turned up slightly as she glanced at him. “I’m glad the weather is finally turning cool. I hate the heat.”

“Ouch.” Katsuki gripped his chest above his heart. “I’m taking that personally, Hana.”

“Oh, whatever Blasty...”But you are definitely all that hot. Hana tightened her grip on his arm and focused her gaze on Katsuki’s face. The amber lighting melted into his red eyes and made them look like swirling flames. The shadows on his face made the cut of his jawline abyss deep. The muscles of his neck and shoulders pushed against the collar of his black t-shirt tightly. He was wearing his favorite burnt orange sweatshirt over top and it mixed well with the fall sunset.

Everything about him is so warm. Not just his quirk. That heart he has in there. When he opens it up to people it’s the safest feeling you could ever have.

The way he is looking out into the sun right now…he seems so calm.

Hana smoothed the material of his sweatshirt with her hand once more and felt his muscles twitch underneath.

Ugh. Those arms. I could curl up in them and just forget everything else. Forget how messed up everything is.

But not here…and not now or maybe ever again.

Hana’s smile weakened and she dropped her grip on Katsuki’s arm. She looked back down at her half flat burrito.

The blonde shifted beside her and noticed her slight frown.

Moment’s over, I guess.

 

The brunette felt Katsuki place a calloused hand on her shoulder. She met his dark eyes briefly, the fiery swirl from the setting sun was gone. It was dark outside now and the streetlights were humming to life. She patted his hand with her own before checking her watch.

“We’ve gotta go meet Kiri!” Hana stood up from the table and grabbed her plate. “He’s probably waiting on us by now.”

Katsuki caught a glimpse of her full plate.

“You not hungry? We could take it with us.” The blonde reached for the plate to carry it for her.

“Nah. I’m good.” Hana shifted on her heels. “I ate before we left! Let’s go.”

With that, Katsuki shrugged his shoulders as he watched her throw the plate away. They walked the rest of the way to the bar side by side and discussed more of their plans for Fall. Hana’s birthday was in a few weeks. October 31st. Halloween day. It was obviously her favorite holiday and Katsuki’s too. He had a special plan in motion already. He smiled to himself as he listened to the brunette talk about the various ways you can carve a pumpkin and then use the stuffing for pumpkin pie. He added it to the list of recipes he needed to look up.

When they got to the bar Kiri was already there and at least 4 shots under the table. He sprinted to meet them at the door and wrap them into a group hug. Katsuki and Hana shared wide smiles over the red head’s shoulders. There last group hug required viewer discretion.

“Bakubro! Hanabro!” The redhead tightened his grip around each of them. “It’s about time you guys showed up!”

 

After their manliest of friends let them go, he dragged them to the bar to catch them up to his level. Hana and Katsuki both took two shots of straight vodka before they distracted Kiri with a game of pool.

Most of their regular competition hadn’t arrived yet so Katsuki and Kiri played singles while Hana watched from a barstool close by. Kiri lost by epic proportions; he was the worst of the three. He accepted the loss quickly and promptly headed to the bar to order more shots and entertain a few ladies that had just walked in. In thirty seconds, he had both girls doubled over in laughter.

Katsuki and Hana shared a knowing look and started their own game.

Hana leaned over the table to break the racked balls. She was focusing her eye and angling her hand on the smooth green felt when she felt a leg brush against her back side.

She turned her head to catch an eyeful of the blonde’s signature smirk as he stood close beside her.

“Made you look.” Katsuki laughed to himself and took a sip of his whiskey.

Hana felt the heat rush to her cheeks, and she sucked her teeth while nodding her head and returned her focus to the table. She licked her lips slowly as she focused on breaking once again.

Katsuki watched the slow drag of Hana’s tongue across her lips. He loved to watch her play pool. Hana wasn’t very competitive, but she rose to the occasion when it came to pool. Seeing her so focused, licking her lips and biting into that pouty bottom lip, did something to him.

Hana hit the cue ball and loud clacks contributed to the noise of the room. Hana pocketed two solids. She lined up her shot and put another into the far-right corner pocket.

“Oh fucking come on.” Katsuki groaned from behind her.

“Sore loser attitude already Kats?” Hana mocked as she walked around to the other side of the table. She pretended to wipe tears from under her eyes with a big fake frown riding on her chin as she beamed at the blonde.

She missed her next shot but didn’t feel the need to divulge about it to the grinning Pro-Hero across the bar.

Her proper sportsmanship paid off and she ended up winning that round and the next two.

Katsuki stomped loudly to the bar to order their next round of shots. That was the winner’s prize but Katsuki’s punishment for losing and he was always dramatic about it.

They slammed their shots down, both letting out long hisses through gritted teeth after. Kiri was next to them at the bar getting tips on how to “Whoo” Mina when she came in town next weekend from the two girls Hana and Katsuki thought he was hitting on.

The girls were obsessed with Kiri. They were giving him advice and playing with his unruly red hair that was sticking out in each direction from the high man bun he kept it in. His black gauges smacked against his neck as he used wide hand gestures to portray his situation.

Mina had moved a couple hours away to take a hero job in Tokyo. She was doing very well there, but just like the rest of her friends she was always busy. Her coming back in town was always a big deal and the friend group made sure to do something to get them all together.

Kiri had been crushing on her for years, ever since high school. He kept up with her though. The two of them spent hours on the phone most nights and had the longest snap streak anyone had ever seen.

“He’s got it bad.” Hana tilted her head towards Kiri. The blonde looked back over his shoulder at his best friend and the cooing girls.

“Yea he does.” Katsuki smirked and sipped his refilled glass. “I’m happy for him though. I think he is going to ask Mina out next weekend while she’s here.”

“Oooh. I would pay to be a fly on the wall for that sweet moment.” Hana sipped from her vodka water. She herself was on her third drink and 5th shot and would be acting like Kiri soon if she didn’t slow down. “Kiri is a sweetie and he’s hilarious. Him and Mina would make a kickass couple. She’s got the right amount of sass to keep him on his toes.”

Katsuki listened closely to what Hana was saying and watched how her eyes danced as she giggled at Kiri behind him.

Shitty Hair is single. And he’s tried to go for Hana before. Why did he stop going after her? I get that Mina was his shitty high school crush but Hana…well I guess I can't talk. I've been with Izu since high school.

A scowl covered his face as he thought about Kiri taking his Hana on a date and how that would suck to deal with.

Hana and Kiri. It makes sense…but then I’d have to kill him.

“What are you thinking about?” Hana had gotten up from her chair and leaned forward, closer to his face. She poked him gently in the chest. “Your face got all stoney.”

Katsuki tilted his face down to meet her honey-colored eyes and he felt the tickle of her breath across his cheek. She was doe eyed from the alcohol and her cheeks were flushed a slight pink. The silver necklace that she always wore with an emerald at the center dangled between the two of them. It danced between her collarbones every time she moved, and it drove the blonde crazy.

Fuck, I just want to run my tongue across those. She’s so tiny and delicate. I could just break her over and over….

“Earth to Blasty. Come in.” Hana teased and booped his nose with a slender index finger.

“Uh yea.” The blonder cleared his throat. “Mina and Kiri. Damn good couple they would fucking be…”

“Yeah, okay space boy.” Hana’s eyes got wide as she looked behind him and she quickly placed her hands on Katsuki’s shoulders almost as if she was holding him up. He felt a heavy weight fall against him from behind and then a loud crash.

“Oh no. Shit guys.” Kiri laughed from the floor, arms gripping his stomach.

Katsuki put his hands on top of Hana’s and smiled down to her slightly, getting caught in those golden eyes again.

“Uh…thanks for the save. I would have flipped shit if I touched this dirty ass floor.”

She smiled back at him and felt the heat of his palms on top of hers. His hands were rough but could be so gentle.

“Yea thanks for the save, Hana.” Kiri groaned, wobbling around on his hips in attempt to get up. “You know I was the one actually falling?”

Hana rolled her eyes and slipped her hands from Katsuki’s shoulders.

“Guess we need to get you home Shitty Hair.” Hana finished her drink and asked for their tabs for the night.

Katsuki bent down to help his best friend up from the floor. Once standing he looped an arm under Kiri’s left shoulder.

“Thanks Bakubro.” Kiri cut his eyes at Hana next to him at the bar. “At least someone knows how to be a bro.”

Hana rolled her eyes and gave the boys back their cards as they turned to leave the bar.

“You know, Kats?” Hana stopped to loop her right arm under Kiri’s heavy left arm to help support him. “I think your boy here might already have enough sass on his own without Mina. The two of them together might be too fucking much.”

The three of them laughed as they shuffled out onto the sidewalk to start the walk home.

After a couple blocks, Kiri was telling them about some cat video he saw online when Katsuki snuck a peek across the red head’s broad chest to look at Hana. She was laughing and joking with Kiri about the cat holding his own head under a waterfall of rushing sink water. Kiri’s weight had been too much for her to manage on her shoulders, so she was basically a human cane instead.

Kiri had wrapped a muscled arm high arm Hana’s waist. It was hugged tightly to her left ribs right underneath her breast and Hana had placed her hand on top of his to brace it. Their fingers were intertwined.

Hmph. Fucking shitty hair. Always so fucking handsy when he drinks. Scratch that. He’s too handsy all the fucking time.

The trio passed the turn to Kiri’s apartment and they were now only a block from Hana and Katsuki’s building.

“Guys. I may be messed up but I’m pretty sure home is that way.” The red head nodded his behind them.

“Shut it Shitty Hair.” Katsuki huffed, maybe a little too roughly for the external situation. “You live four blocks down that street and I’m not dragging your ass that far.”

“You can crash on my couch if you want.” Hana contributed from the other side of the stumbling mass of muscle. “I know you said that Izu and Ochako were hanging today and doing wedding stuff. If they are still there going Bridezilla you can escape to my bachelorette pad.”

“NO.” Katsuki boomed, earning two wide eyed looks from his friends. “I mean, it’s almost 10. They should be done with that wedding shit anyways and you guys aren’t leaving me alone to deal with Round Face and Izu in wedding mode. Shit is fucking scary.”

Hana and Kiri relaxed from the short burst of the blonde’s temper and joked about all the wedding drama for the last block of the walk.

Once they lugged Kiri off of the elevator, Katsuki put his key in the door with one hand and opened it.

The apartment was dark. They had all expected to see Izuku waiting up for Katsuki playing video games or doing some work things, but it was eerily quiet.

The blonde fumbled to find the light switch and once the apartment lit up they cocked eyebrows at the sight on the couch.

Izuku was laying on his stomach with his right arm hanging of the side clinging to a metal trash can. Three bottles of water and two small pills were on the wooden coffee table. The international image of impending hangover.

Kiri and Hana exploded into laughter and Katsuki trembled under the weight of his best friend.

“Fucking Round Face! I'm going to kick her ass!”

Katsuki helped Hana lean Kiri up against the door.

“Dude, I can just crash at Hana’s across the hall. I can get the same set up Izuku has here if I’m lucky.” Kiri gave Hana’s small waist a squeeze.

Katsuki almost decked Kiri on the spot.

He stopped himself, barely, and told them to stay there for a second. Hana and Kiri failed to hide a few more giggles.

The brunette’s laughter faded as she watched the blonde approach Izuku on the couch. He gently turned him over and scooped him up into his arms bridal style. Careful to support his head and not hit it on the wall as he carried him down the hallway to their bedroom.

Yep. There’s the gentle Katsuki that lives to torture my soul. If he really was just a dick all the time we wouldn’t be in this situation, but alas…the Katsuki shaped heart in my chest beats on.

Hana shook off her inner turmoil and gaged the distance between the guy’s front door and their sofa.

“Kiri. I think we can make it.” Hana cocked an eyebrow to the red head sliding down the wall next to her.

“I’m down to try, Hanabro.” Kiri did his best to steady on his own feet and put on a focused face.

“Okay.” Hana tightened her grip on the back of Kiri’s shirt. “and GOOO.”

The two of them drunkenly sped across the living room. The rug attempted to take them down, but they prevailed.

As they neared the couch, Hana used all the strength she had to push Kiri down onto it, but he still had a tight grip on her rib cage and he took her down. Hard.

Kiri had instinctually used his quirk to soften the blow of the already soft couch beneath them. Hana’s right cheek bone collided with his literal rock-hard bicep as they collapsed.

“Ouch.” Hana finally mustered up words between the intense laughing fit they were experiencing.

She pushed herself up with one arm and used the other to cup her cheek.

“Oh shit, Hanabro!! I’m so sorry.” Kiri brought his hand up to press backward against Hana’s head. It was all the movement he could get his body to do. He was finally laying down on the couch. The world had more or less stopped spinning.

He was lying flat on his back on the chaise with his left knee bent up. Hana had fallen right next to him, stomach first. Her right leg was sandwiched between Kiri’s thighs and her left one was hanging down to the floor. Their faces were right next to each other and Kiri could already see the swelling setting in on the brunette’s cheek.

“Bakubro is going to kill me.” Hana smirked and cut her eyes away from him, a blush growing around the forming bruise. “What’s going on with you two anyway?” Hana froze and her body stiffened up next to Kiri.

“You don’t have to tell me.” Kiri softly pulled on a couple long curls coming from the back of Hana’s head.Bouncy. “I’ve never asked Bakubro about it. Figured he would come to me when he was ready. I thought maybe he felt guilty or something…but you are my friend too. And if you want to talk about it, we can.”

Hana’s body softened and she turned to face the red head once again. Her face was still flushed but she appeared more relaxed.

“He’s your best friend Kiri, it’s not my place. You outrank me.” Hana nudged her forehead at him. “But we aren’t doing anything Izuku doesn’t know about. It’s complicated and things have been weird lately. I think he will come to you to talk about it when he’s ready.” Hana smiled softly and Kiri nodded at her in understanding.

“I’ve got his back. No matter what, Hana.” Kiri smiled at her and bounced some more curls.

“Good.” Hana dropped her hand from her cheek to pinch Kiri’s round bicep. “Because he needs a good, manly friend like you.”

The two drunkards on the couch fell into another bout of laughter as Kiri aimed to pinch Hana back but he couldn’t get his hand to cooperate, so he just ended up tugging on her curls more.

Katsuki shut the bedroom door softly behind him after getting Izuku settled in bed. He found another trash can and force fed him the headache medicine. Izuku somehow managed to drink a little bit from one of the bottles that Katsuki had snagged from the coffee table when he carried him to bed.

When the blonde walked into the living room and caught sight of the two splayed out on the couch his blood boiled again and he regretted not punching Kiri at the front door.

Hana and Kiri’s legs were all tangled up and both of them were trembling from laughter as the red head pulled on her hair.

“Oi! What are you idiots doing?” Katsuki found himself standing at the end of the couch, his legs crashing into an arrangement of sneakers hanging off the end.

The only answer he received was more breathless laughter. Kiri could barely hold his eyes open anymore and Hana had buried her face in his arm.

Not feeling satisfied with the response, Katsuki loomed over them and pulled Hana off of Kiri by force. He clutched her close to his chest, her feet not touching the floor. Then he threw himself down next to Kiri and pushed her off to his right side, keeping his arm around her waist from behind.

“Hmph.” Katsuki focused on the black screen of the TV in front of him, feeling better about the new seating arrangement. The brunette and red head were both chuckling lightly at his sides. “You guys are the worst, fucking lightweights.”

“Lightweights??” Kiri opposed him from his side of the angry blonde. “I’m pretty sure we finished a whole handle tonight. Just the three of us.”

“Yea Kats.” Hana nudged at him with her elbow. “It just takes too much alcohol to get through that hard exterior you wear sometimes.”

Katsuki felt himself push back against her touch and he realized how close they all were. Kiri was against his left side, leaning his head onto the blonde’s right shoulder. Kiri grunted as it kept slipping forward.

“Here.” Katsuki grabbed a pillow from Kiri’s end of the couch and placed it in his own lap.

“Awwww. Sweet Bakubro, I love you man.” Kiri wasted no time in letting his head fall on top of the pillow in his best friend’s lap.

“That’s damn precious.” Hana cooed from her spot next to him. She was pressed into his left side with her feet propped up on the coffee table next to his. She had kicked off her shoes to the floor. Katsuki’s chest squeezed as Hana leaned her head onto his shoulder and nuzzled into his neck.

“Movie?” Hana whispered and the sound set off a chain of tingling reactions in the blonde’s body. Not the time to get a goddamn boner when your best friend’s head is on top of it.

Kiri helped him out by grabbing the remote from the coffee table and passing it back.

Katsuki shuffled through a few choices on Netflix and settled on Scary Movie.

Something light and funny for these drunk assholes.

Ten minutes into the movie, Kiri’s hearty laugh had dulled into breathy snores. Hana’s own eyes were threatening to close. She relaxed deeper against Katsuki and she brought his hand to her lap to hold. So warm.

They were all too drunk to search for a blanket, even if Katsuki wouldn’t admit it, she could smell the alcohol mixing with the sweet scent of nitroglycerin coming from his pores. Any other guy, it probably would have been gross, but she loved it on him.

She nuzzled in closer to his neck and took in a few deep breaths. She felt the blonde’s hand twitch in her lap and smiled softly to herself before she let her eyes close.

Katsuki could see the rise of fall of Hana’s chest getting becoming more shallow and assumed she had fallen asleep next to him. The light from the TV was making shadows dance across them and it was lulling him to sleep.

He moved slowly to pause the movie on the remote and then leaned his head over to rest on top of Hana’s. He took a second to absorb the moment. His best friend’s snores coming from his lap and Hana’s small breaths tickling his neck. They were both snuggled so close the blonde couldn’t move a muscle without the possibility of waking one of them. He felt the overwhelming amount of body heat in their heap on the couch, but he wasn’t freaking out. It felt good. He usually only touched this much with Izuku. Then along came Hana. And now he had even crossed this barrier with his best friend.

Maybe I am changing…

Katsuki let himself feel comforted by the idea before he finally closed his eyes. Allowing himself to fall deep into sleep by listening to Hana’s shallow breaths next to him.

The Next Morning…

Izuku shuffled out of bed the next morning, not feeling as bad as he thought he would. The hangover feelings were there, just dulled some.

He stepped out into the living room in a crumpled grey All Might t-shirt and his boxers. When his eyes focused on the couch he found where his boyfriend had been instead of in bed next to him.

Kasuki was being used as a human heater and mattress.

His legs were stretched all the way across the coffee table, and he had slouched so far down into the couch only his head was still propped up by the back of it. He was sleeping so soundly with a slight flush to his cheeks and his face completely slack.

Kiri was on his left side, his head was still on the pillow but his body was facing the couch and he was curled up to one of the blondes arms with one meaty leg reaching out toward the arm of the sofa.

Hana was on his right side. Her head had slipped down to rest on top of Katsuki’s chest. Both of her hands were clinging to Katsuki’s black t-shirt. They were the only things separating her face from Kiri’s. The blonde’s arm was rested over her right side and it was touching the smooth skin that was peeking out of her shirt that had ridden up.

Izuku stood there frozen. Watching them sleep and listening to Kiri’s soft snores. He knew that his boyfriend wasn’t keen to touching other people besides him…and well, Hana. But here he was, the middle of a deep cuddle session.

The greenette’s eyes fell back onto Hana, she looked so relaxed. He thought back to Ochako’s idea that there was something else she was hiding besides what was going on with them. She did seem like she was holding something back at times, letting them in but never all the way. Whatever it was, Izuku assumed it was for her own good reason, but this morning she looked completely calm and at peace next to his boyfriend and Kiri.

Izuku didn’t bother to indulge in the right he had to be jealous or bitter at the moment. He didn’t have the energy and he didn’t even want to for some reason.

He busied himself in the kitchen making coffee.

Better make a big pot. We’re all going to need it.

Hana awoke to the sound of clinking mugs. She wiggled her hands free from the blonde’s shirt and opened her eyes to come face to face with Kiri.

“Shit.”

She whisper yelled and pushed herself up from the couch. Katsuki and Kiri remained still in front of her.

Fully clothed. Good.

God, do I not need another “entanglement” right now.

Hana turned to face the kitchen and saw Izuku looking back at her with wide eyes and a pot of coffee in his right hand.

Coffee. Yes. I need that.

Izuku smiled at her as he read her mind. Hana laughed lightly and she pushed herself the rest of the way up. She clung to the cool concrete of the boy’s countertop and felt the throb of her headache once she made it into the kitchen.

“Fuck. I stood up too fast.” Hana massaged at her temples. She heard Izuku let out a small gasp.

“Your face.” Izuku pointed a shy finger. “What happened to your face? Your cheek is bruised and there is some dried blood on your lip.”

Hana moved a hand to her cheek and felt the swell of a big bruise. Then she licked at her lip and tasted the metallic taste of blood. She hadn’t healed the cut from Dabi’s staples on Thursday. It must have busted open when she fell last night. At first, she forgot about the cut, but then she kind of liked the idea of holding onto that memory for longer.

Kissing Dabi had felt so good, no feeling like a third wheel, but it wasn’t exactly guilt free.

“Injured in the line of duty.” Hana shrugged. “Tried to get Kiri to the couch by myself while Kats was carrying you to the bedroom all bridal style.” Hana popped her eyes and smiled widely at Izuku. He smiled back as he slid her black coffee across the counter. Then he propped himself up on his elbows with his own mug at his lips.

“Kiri used his quirk when he felt himself falling and my cheek landed on a very firm bicep.” Hana sipped from her mug. The coffee warmed her from the inside out.

“And the lip?” Izuku eyed her and took a sweet drink from his mug.

Hana moved her gaze down at her coffee and adjusted herself in her seat.

“That’s from…Thursday. Just forgot to heal it.” Hana took a long gulp from the steaming hot mug. Fucking idiot.

“Ohhh. I see.” Izuku whined from across the counter and leaned forward onto his toes. “Letting it linger?”

“Shut up.” Hana drug out as she tried to hide a smirk.

“Those staples are little hard to navigate around, huh?” Izuku teased and Hana’s jaw dropped to the floor. She couldn’t help but laugh when Izuku started giggling at her reaction.

“Oi! Can you fuckers not talk about Frankenstein so fucking loud in the morning?” Katsuki yelled from the living room. He had carefully maneuvered out from underneath a still snoring Kiri and was making his way towards them.

He brought his fingertips to his own temples as he sat down on the stool next to Hana. Izuku poured him a cup of coffee and dropped some sugar in it before sliding it to his boyfriend.

Katsuki took the mug to his lips and opened his eyes to look at Hana before he took a sip. The mug shook in his hands.

“What the fuck happened to your face?!” Katsuki slammed the mug down and cut his eyes towards Izuku as he thought about the view he probably had when the greenette found them on the couch this morning.

“Hey! I’m not that petty.” Izuku pointed towards himself and stood straight up from the countertop. “And Kacchan I would never…”

“Kiri used his quirk last night during my failed attempt to get him to the couch by myself. When we fell I bashed my face pretty good.” Hana sat down her mug and got up to grab a towel from where Katsuki keeps them in a drawer next to the sink. She ran it under some water and brought it to her lip to wipe off the blood.

“Fucking shitty hair!!” Katsuki moved his eyes to the couch. Hana used that moment to focus on her breathing and heal her bruised cheek and lip. Kiri popped up from the couch, his bun was a messy blaze of red hair.

“You rang?” Kiri yawned and stretched two large arms to the point of shaking. He looked like a big dog after a fat nap. Unphased by Katsuki’s yelling aimed at him.

By the time the blonde turned around to point at Hana’s face, she was already back in her seat. The bruise and cut were gone. Just smooth tan skin and unscathed pink lips. She smiled at him softly before bringing her mug back to her lips, the coffee had cooled down considerably.

“You…” Katsuki seethed and threw his hands up in the air. He took a deep breath and focused his eyes onto his hands. When he spoke it was barely above a whisper. She doubted that Kiri could hear it on his way towards the last stool on the other side of Katsuki, even Izuku couldn’t make out his words. “Don’t act like I didn’t see that cut on your lip Thursday night.”

Katsuki cut his eyes at her as he took a drink of his coffee. Hana frowned slightly and turned to look out the window. Fuck.

“Wow, Hana.” Kiri spoke up from behind the blonde. “I thought for sure I remembered you taking a pretty rough tumble into my rock-hard bicep last night. But you look just as pretty as always.”

Kiri buried his eyes into his own mug that Izuku had just passed him, realizing what he had just said. He felt the skin on his right arm getting hot across the distance between himself and the blonde.

“Uh. Thanks Kiri.” Hana spoke before Katsuki had the chance to go WWE at 8 am. “You actually did get me pretty good, but I already healed it. So no worries.”

Izuku leaned back onto his elbows across the bar and let his eyes crawl over Katsuki’s scowl. He decided to change the subject.

“So how are you planning to ask Mina out next weekend?” His green eyes were glowing in Kiri’s direction. The red head perked up and answered quickly.

“Well, my bomb ass plan is to invite her to this party in the park next weekend. I’m inviting everybody. Getting the whole gang back together. You guys HAVE to be there.” Kiri waved a stern finger at all three other people in the apartment, unaware that Hana had gone back to staing out the window. “We’re all going to have a good time, dancing, vibing, I’m going to be manning the grill and then after I’m going to ask her to go on a date with me and make things forreal.”

Hana was zoned out. She could still feel the heat coming off of Katsuki after his comment and Kiri’s ill-timed compliment. Everything else was beyond her level of understanding for the moment.

Fuck. I should have healed my lip before now. It was stupid not to. I thought he didn’t notice it the other night.

I haven’t done that in a while. Leaving that cut was a bad fucking idea, Hana.

I haven’t done that since I left home.

Back in the States, Hana was a different person. Her gap year had been a bad time and she got into some trouble. She would leave her wounds unhealed because she learned she could at a young age. Hana wasn’t dumb. She knew what she looked like and that she was smart, outgoing, and excelled in most things she tried. She could heal her skin so she never struggled with acne and she didn’t have any scars. Other than that she had good physical traits. She was beautiful. All of that had given people a certain image of her. An image that just wasn’t there on the inside. Sometimes allowing herself to appear how she felt on the inside...helped.

Hana felt like the body and quirk that her soul had been put into didn’t match. She struggled with things. She had issues. How her life changed at the end of college had brought them to the surface…

She barely heard when Kiri asked for her opinion on his plan.

“Hana!” The brunette flinched as Katsuki shook her shoulder. “What the fuck are you thinking so goddamn hard about?You looked a million miles away just now. Did you hear Kiri?”

Izuku leaned across the counter to get a better look as Hana’s empty, greyed eyes came back to life. What was that? Where did she go just now?

“Oh, yea Kiri.” Hana rubbed her arm and leaned forward to meet eyes with the red head. “Your grilling skills are unmatched. You cook for her and there is no way she will say no! Plus, we all know that you guys are hella into each other.”

“You think so?” Kiri didn’t bother to clarify that he would be cooking for everybody in their friend group at the park. He figured the guys would remind her of the rest of the plan and make sure she was there. “You think she is into me?”

“Oh yea, dude. No question.” Hana leaned back onto her stool and sipped the rest of her coffee.

“What’s the plan for today guys?” Kiri asked into the group.

“I think Shoto is coming over to continue our scary movie marathon!” Izuku added some jazz hands to the end for some extra pizazz.

“Sweet.” Hana stood up brought her mug over to Izuku’s side of the counter to place it in the dishwasher. “I’m going to go home and shower because I smell like a frat house. I’ll be back in 30.” She threw up a wave to the guys before slightly stumbling out the kitchen.

Hana picked up her jacket, phone, and keys and threw them a wave before she walked out the door. She was gone before anyone had time to question her lack of conciousness seconds ago.

Once inside of her apartment, Hana dropped her things and made her way to the bathroom. She checked her phone while waiting for her shower to warm up.
She had a text from Dabi.

Still on for tomorrow?

Notes:

I'm thinking we are missing two/three-ish things.

1. Shoto Todoroki

2. A couple house parties

3. Another Katsuki & Dabi pissing match

Coming up next on Disney Channel....

Chapter 12

Summary:

“Oh okay. So, you’re saying you just don’t want me to see Hana?” Katsuki let out a deep breath and mumbled his words.

“That’s not…yes. That’s what I’m saying Kacchan…” The greenette dropped his hands into his lap.

 

Or: Our sweet greenette suggests that Katsuki take a break from seeing Hana.

Chapter Text

Kacchan.” Izuku approached the seat next to his boyfriend at the kitchen countertop. “We need to talk.”

The blonde swirled the coffee mug at his fingertips around on the concrete surface. His headache was still bounding behind his ears and hearing the statement from his boyfriend caused a scowl to spread across his face.

Kiri had left soon after Hana. He forgot he had agreed to help Denki move into his new apartment this morning. Too many noise complaints and inconvenient power outages at his old one.

Katsuki and Izuku were the only ones in their apartment and the blonde was expecting his boyfriend to descend upon him for his comment about Hana’s face earlier.

“Hmm.” Katsuki grunted and turned to face Izuku.

“Look. I know you’re in a tough spot right now and I have been trying my best to be understanding.” Izuku shifted forward in his seat and pressed his hands together. “Maybe a little too understanding, but I can’t believe you thought that I would hit Hana. That was a little unfair…and it’s not okay that you said that to me. Especially in front of Hana.”

The blonde shifted his gaze to the floor. Guilt rose to his chest and gripped at his throat. He knew Izuku would never do that, but this constant game of tug of war had been wearing down his emotions. He had been attempting to focus his attention on his boyfriend, but he couldn’t shake the protective feeling he had over Hana.

I fucking know it’s not right to care about her so much. Right in front of Izu’s face. I know it makes me a dick, but I can’t separate my damn emotions. I can’t pretend like I just don’t care. I don’t want to be a shitty boyfriend either.

Izuku placed a firm hand on Katsuki’s thigh. Eventually the blonde met his eyes.

“Kacchan, talk to me.” His emerald eyes were soft and kind. Katsuki could feel the tightness in his throat worsening.

“I just-fuck.” He brought a hand up to rub at the short hairs on the back of his head. “Everything is so fucking confusing. It’s like everything used to make sense. We used to be so busy with patrol and extra assignments. We were hardly even home long enough to sleep! Since crime has gone down and our shifts were cut back it’s like I can finally see everything else. Things that I guess everyone that’s not a hero has time for.”

Katsuki turned himself around to look out of the windows behind him. He dropped both hands down to his lap and started to palm his thighs. A clear sign that he was feeling overwhelmed.

“You’re right. I’m c-changing or whatever the hell.” The blonde sucked his teeth. “And it sucks. Because I feel like I’m just constantly hurting you, Izu and you don’t deserve that. You have been through too much for me, your boyfriend, to treat you like that. It’s bullshit, I know.”

Izuku’s eyes were bouncing between his boyfriend’s furious rubbing at his thighs and his clenched jaw.

“I know you would never hurt Hana. I was a dick for saying that. It’s like I didn’t even have time to think about it before I said it. How I feel about her…it’s fucking everything up. You’re both waiting on me to make some decision and I feel like I have even less of a fucking idea of what to do than I did last week.”

Katsuki let his head hang low into his lap. Izuku watched as his hands stopped moving and gripped tightly to his thighs.

Izuku knew that his boyfriend was in no better spot than he was. They were all struggling to deal with what was going on between them. Besides Katsuki’s decision between him and Hana, he was also having to deal with regular life more often than he was used to. They were no longer fighting villains and crime every hour of every day. After Shigaraki and All for One had both been caught the crime element in their city dwindled. There were some low-level villains and regular civilian danger that kept them busy, but their lives were nothing like they used to be.

Izuku’s mind went back to seeing his boyfriend on the couch with Hana and Kiri. Instead of the reward of whooping ass and climbing the ranks, Katsuki had begun to feel the gratification of friendship. He truly cared about his friends and initiated spending time with them. Something Izuku enjoyed doing with their friends as well, even when their lives were mostly work. He always kept up with Iida and Ochacko’s relationship and Shoto’s life. It didn’t require much thought for him to do so but for Katsuki all of this was new.

Katsuki genuinely did care about Kiri making such a big deal about asking Mina out and being there for him. He responded to group texts, called Kiri when he hadn’t heard from in a while, and taught him how to grill during the summer. He kept up with Jirou’s band. Besides helping them get to their gigs, he always stayed to watch most of their shows. He even admitted that he liked their music and would stand in for their drummer when she asked him to.

Balancing all of this change and their current situation had to be eating at Katsuki. Maybe more than Izuku thought.

We have all been hanging out like nothing has changed. Like acting normal would help Kaachan make up his mind, but maybe it’s just too much. He has to know that depending on what he chooses things will be different. And constantly coddling him and making sure he knows that everything will be okay might be making it more confusing for him. That representation isn’t 100% the truth. Us acting like it’s all roses and daisies isn’t leaving him much room to see that.

He needs space to deal with all of this.

But he is my boyfriend and I’m not going anywhere…

In order to create that space, it’s going to have to come from Kacchan not being around Hana anymore.

“Kacchan.” Izuku placed a hand on the back of his boyfriend’s neck. Red eyes peaked up at him through tufts of blonde. “Maybe all three of us acting like nothing has changed isn’t helping you. You’re going through a lot of changes and I think you’re getting overwhelmed.”

Katsuki shifted his gaze back onto the window. The morning sun shined brightly into the apartment. Its rays were crawling over the All Might figurines on the bookshelf behind their dining room table. Its brightness illuminated the red of his eyes and his skin was glowing in the direct light.

Katsuki’s reflective silence and shining skin in the sun made him appear softened. Izuku brought a hand forward to cup the blonde’s chin and looked deeply into his eyes.

“I think you need some space to get a better perspective on everything.” Izuku felt his boyfriend flinch underneath his touch.

“So what? Are you leaving?” The blonde leaned back in his seat, shrugging away from Izuku’s touch, and shoved his hands deep into his pockets.

“No!” Izuku leaned toward Katsuki with his arms up, palms facing forward. “I’m not going anywhere. I’m just saying maybe we should not be spending as much time together with Hana as we have been. I think it’s making it harder for you to figure out what you want.”

“Oh okay. So, you’re saying you just don’t want me to see Hana?” Katsuki let out a deep breath and mumbled his words.

“That’s not…yes. That’s what I’m saying Kacchan…” The greenette dropped his hands into his lap.

The blonde angled his head down and peered over at his boyfriend with raised eyebrows. Hinting at an explanation.

“I mean maybe you need some space from her so you can make a decision based on what you want.” Katsuki grunted and focused on the wall behind Izuku’s head. “I would say that you need space from both of us but I’m your boyfriend and I live here. I can train more, pick up shifts when I can and stuff, so you have more time to yourself.” Izuku rubbed the back of head and gazed down to the floor. “When you’re with us all the time I’m sure it’s easy to see what we want and then you focus all of your attention on that. I think that’s what’s causing you to feel overwhelmed.”

Katsuki brought his gaze back to the window and thought about what Izuku said to him.

It was true what Izuku had said about being around both of them all the time. That did make him feel like the decision was dangling in front of his face constantly. Every action he took with them or word he said to them was being put onto a balance scale.

He understood the idea of taking a step back from Hana for a while. It would be hard, especially knowing that she would still be dating Dabi. The time apart could prove to him who he needs the most…and if it’s Hana then she will still be there. If she cared as much about Katsuki like he did for her then she would wait for him.

But I have hurt Izu enough. After what I said to him this morning…

“Okay.” Izuku startled beside him as he spoke. The greenette had been muttering the logistics of the idea to himself while Katsuki was thinking. Izuku was now looking at him with wide green eyes. Sparking in the morning sunlight.

“I agree with your idea that I might need a little fucking space to figure this shit out.” Katsuki’s eyes turned downward, and he grabbed his boyfriend’s hand tightly. “But I don’t want you going anywhere, Nerd.”

Izuku smiled at him, a genuine soft smile that Katsuki saw way less often than his forced hero smile.

“I don’t want things getting any worse between us. Even though I don’t know what is going to happen in the future…I really need you right now, Izu. I’m sorry for what I said this morning.”

Izuku’s heart almost broke through the front of his shirt. Vintage All Might shirt be damned.

“I’ll take a break from seeing Hana…” The blonde averted his eyes for a second to the picture of the three of them on the fridge. The brunettes honey-colored eyes looked back at him and he winced before bringing his gaze back to Izuku. “Maybe it will help.”

The greenette leapt forward from his seat and collided with Katsuki’s chest. He wrapped his arms around his boyfriend tightly as he felt strong arms pull him in closer.

“I love you Kaachan. I really think it will.” Izuku managed to breath out between muffled sobs. His face buried into the blonde’s neck.

“I love you too, Izuku.” Katsuki pushed the greenette back far enough to see his face.

Wet, pink skin framed forest green eyes. Katsuki wiped a few of them away with his thumb before leaning forward to kiss Izuku’s trembling lips.

Katsuki intended for the kiss the be soft and sweet. To remind Izuku that he loved him and is going to do his best at figuring this out for him but the force he felt behind his boyfriend’s lips was powerful. Like his drive was coming from somewhere deep.

He squeezed at the muscles of Katsuki’s back through his shirt and took another hand to tangle into blonde hair from behind.

The heat exchanged between their lips was being smoldered by their hungry mouths, as if shielding a small fire from the wind within the kiss.

Izuku didn’t feel when he slipped his hands underneath Katsuki’s shirt but before he knew it the shirt was gone. The blonde pulled him back in and sunk deeper into the kiss. Izuku pawed at the soft muscle of Katsuki’s chest. It was definitely his favorite part of his boyfriend’s body, but there was absolutely nothing about thee blonde that didn’t belong in a Calvin Klein spread.

A moan escaped the greenette’s lips as he was pushed backward into the countertop. Their hips molded together and moved against each other.

“Fuck.” Katsuki hissed as he leaned back to rip off Izuku’s shirt. It had barely hit the smooth hardwood floors before he felt strong hands digging into his shoulders, pulling him back in. Time had stopped and Izuku had all but forgot any part of their conversation but Katsuki saying that he needed him. Hearing that had turned off the alarm that had been blaring in his head recently. All he could hear now were the deep throat groans of Katsuki pushing into his lips. The cool air in the apartment couldn’t touch the blazing hot tongue he felt sliding down his neck and sinking its teeth into his shoulder. The blood rushing behind his ears was so loud he almost didn’t hear the knock at the front door of his apartment.

Katsuki stilled. His jaw remained clenched with his mouth pressed into Izuku’s bruised shoulder. The blood began to rush upwards again as his eyes popped open.

“You guys home?” An almost monotone, deep voice echoed through the door.

“It’s Shoto!” Izuku whispered. The raspy sound confusing the blood flow inside of the blonde’s body. He pulled his teeth from his boyfriend’s body.

“Fucking Icy Hot!” The sound waves alone almost shook the glasses in the cabinets behind them.

“That’d be me. On the other side of the door.” Shoto answered in a blatantly obvious tone that always fanned Katsuki’s temper. He liked Shoto but something about the guy always creeped the blonde out. Too calm.

“I’ve gotta go let him in.” Izuku whispered again. This time the annoyance had set in enough for Katsuki to remain unphased by his boyfriend’s throaty whispers. “We’re supposed to be watching movies today! With Shoto and…”

Katsuki stopped, he was bent down halfway to pick up his shirt, and he could hear the inner hand in Izuku’s brain slap itself. Fuck.

He had been looking forward to watching movies with his boyfriend and the brunette today. But things were literally just starting to feel better with Izuku and he had just agreed to distancing himself from her.

I mean can “space” just fucking start tomorrow…

“I could tell him to leave and then we could just text Hana and tell her that you’re too hungover.” Izuku threw a hand up in the air to dignify his brilliant idea.

“ ‘Tch. Why don’t we tell him to leave regardless…” Izuku deadpanned at him with pursed lips. “…and we can start this space thing tomorrow.”

Izuku’s pursed lips turned into an opened mouth frown.

“Still here…” Shoto’s voice melted into the apartment.

“Okay.” Izuku bent down to pick up his shirt. “I’m not going to critique how you choose to torture yourself, but I do think that you’re going to need space to make this decision, Kaachan.”

Izuku pulled his shirt over his head and started walking to the door. Katsuki threw his over his shoulder.

“I’m going to take some space, Izu. Starting tomorrow. I promise.” Katsuki took a step toward the bathroom and saw Izuku turn back to give him a nod. “I’m gonna go shower. Icy Hot’s going to think we were fucking.”

The greenette straightened his shirt and let out a long exhale before opening the door.

Shoto stood there with his head rested against the doorframe. His lips in a soft straight line.

“Were you guys fucking?” The heterochromatic hero brought a slight twisted upturn to his lips.

Izuku and Shoto sat on the couch and caught up while Katsuki was in the shower. The youngest Todoroki had just left Denki’s. He had stayed over the night before to help him pack. He left the heavy lifting to Kirishima. He felt as though he had done his friendly duty for the affair. Denki had no doubt paid him back with a smoking session. The whites of both his grey eye and the turquoise one were red and he was on his third slice of pizza from the box he had brought over.

By the time Hana got back to the guys apartment Katsuki and Izuku had traded places and Shoto was melted into the couch. He hadn’t spoken in a few minutes and his eyes were almost closed. Katsuki was staring at him in annoyed wonder.

The door shut loudly behind Hana and Shoto sprung to life.

“Ha-Hana! Hey!” He blinked his eyes furiously and closed his man spread.

Hana wrinkled her nose at him in amusement and leaned down in front of him. After a few seconds of observing his eyes and his unusually twitchy response she delivered her analysis.

“You’re so fucking high.” She booped his nose and then flopped down on the couch next to him. “Stoner Sho. My favorite.”

Hana laughed as she watched him drop his head into his hands. Slowly and without the dramaticism because it’s Shoto and his anxiety disappeared after being caught.

“Damn. I thought you guys couldn’t tell.” Shoto leaned back into the couch and let his head fall back into the cushion behind him.

“Dude. We all know. No one cares.” Hana leaned back into the couch as well and pulled out her phone. Cutting her eyes ever so often towards Shoto as she texted.

“Yea Icy Hot. You’re not on the clock. No one fucking cares. But if you get called in for something…” Katsuki heard the buzz of Hana’s phone and turned to get an eyeful Hana’s small typing thumbs. “That could uh-be a problem.”

Hana locked her phone and looked over to Shoto. He was still stretched out on the couch. He was wearing a light pink pastel sweatshirt hung loosely around his torso and the black joggers he was wearing helped to aid in his ability to manspread into Hana’s portion of the couch.

This is the first time I’ve seen him since Dabi told me about his…their family. I can see the resemblance. Even when he isn’t stoned, he’s chill and even toned like Dabi. And that one turquoise eye…

“Why are you staring at me?” Hana’s lips pulled tight, and she heard her phone buzz. She whipped her gaze back to her lap.

“Just watching you slip into your pothead phase. Guess you guys didn’t get to go through it in high school…” Hana’s thumbs went back to furiously typing and her lips moved into a shy smile, hidden behind a wall of dark brown curls as she gazed down into her phone.

Katsuki twitched when it buzzed again.

“What are we watching today?” Hana leaned back and rolled her head to the left against the cushions to look at Katsuki next to her.

He shifted his gaze to look at her. Her hair was wet from the shower and she had changed into a pair of leggings that clung to the curve of her thigh. He could see how the fabric was stretched at her hip crease. His eyes wandered up to the t-shirt she was wearing. It was one of Izuku’s old ones, pre-swolehood. He gave it to her after she told him she didn’t have any All Might merch. It hadn’t fit him in years. The fabric couldn’t stretch over the swell of his back muscles. Hana was swimming in it. Cute.

“It’s the one Izu gave me.” She smiled at him, causing his heart to skip a beat. Damn these tiny heart attacks.

Katsuki smiled back at her before returning his focus back to the TV.

“I’m thinking something classic. ” Katsuki put on a sinister scowl. “1974, Original Texas Chainsaw Massacre.”

“Oooo.” Hana excitedly threw a fist in the air. “Four years before our teenage slicing, horror founding father John Carpenter’s…”

HALLOWEEN.” The blonde and the brunette boomed.

Katsuki threw a knuckled fist across the couch to bump with Hana’s.

“Fuck yes! But that’s the finale of the marathon, just like last year, for your birthday!” He smiled widely back at Hana who was practically vibrating with joy.

“Hell yea it is! Last year was perfect. Watching the best movie ever made and eating homemade cinema food with you guys, Izu, Jirou and Momo.” Hana shot a look back at Shoto, but he was deep in a fat nap. She rolled her eyes and turned back towards Katsuki.

“Admit it. That was the best birthday ever.” Katsuki pulled his leg up on the couch and angled himself at her. He let his arm stretch out across the back of the cushions. He was in his signature tank top and joggers. Hana followed every ripple of muscle up to his face. “I mean, what was your last birthday like in the states? Probably can’t compare to my jalapeno nacho cheese recipe.”

The smile that had widened as she memorized the curves of the muscles in the blonde’s arm weakened. Her 23rd birthday was like eating a piece of cheese off of a bar bathroom floor compared to the blonde’s cheese dip she had on her 24th. That’s where she had spent most of her 23rd anyway.

She half-smiled at Katsuki and took a deep breath.

“It didn’t even compare Kats. Last year was the best.”

The blonde tilted his head to the side and squinted at her.

Hana’s phone buzzed again. He felt the chill in the air as she bit into her bottom lip and dropped her gaze.

Izuku walked in from the bathroom. He had put on a fresh All Might tee and loose sweatpants. “Popcorn?”

After dropping his laundry off in the wash closet next to the bathroom Izuku cast a weird look over to Katsuki on the couch. His eyebrow was raised, and he flicked them towards the blonde’s arm on the back of the couch. What was that?

“I’ll take some.” Shoto stirred to life next to her. His heavy and lidded. He licked at his lips before giving Hana a thumbs up.

She let out a small giggle towards Shoto and went back to her phone. After she texted Dabi back and acknowledged him of his little brother’s latest contribution to the evening she locked it and looked to her left at Katsuki. Once Izuku passed by him on his way to the kitchen, the blonde had drawn his arm back in and scooted himself right up against the arm of the end of the couch. He kept his eyes on the remote he was fiddling with. Weird.

When Izuku joined them on the couch, the two of them folded together as usual. The greenette did his best to not even let his leg cross over onto her cushion. Double weird.

After the movie started, Izuku passed Hana the popcorn bowl and Shoto leaned forward to partake in some. He on the other hand was not wary of Hana’s personal space. His slender long legs popped up onto the coffee table next to hers and he rested his weight fully onto the pillow between them. When he reached forward into the bowl, he noticed the sheer square footage of space between Hana and Izuku on the couch. He blinked his eyes a few more times. That’s different.

Shoto had been in on their secret for a while. After him and Hana’s break-up and things had gone back to normal, he had gotten used to the three of them being a little touchier around each other. He figured it was probably nice to act comfortable around one of their friends and them not have to keep their guards up. He wasn’t weird about it because Izuku was happy, and he really did care about Hana. So, Hana not being on one of Katsuki’s sides or cuddled up to Izuku at least was unusual. His mind may be working a little slower, but he was still perceptive in this state.

“Don’t worry, I don’t think you have cooties.” Shoto whispered as he leaned back into the couch after staring at the space next to her for an inappropriate amount of time. The three other people on the couch had onto his gaze almost ten seconds ago. Katsuki, Izuku, and Hana had shared awkward glances over it, but she did loosen up after hearing Shoto’s comment.

“Thanks, Sho.” She whispered back and turned softly to give him a smile. The heterochromatic hero smiled back widely in a goofy way that Hana wasn’t used to seeing. The two giggled and situated themselves on the couch. They both leaned heavily against the pillow between them and propped their heads together on the back of the couch. Hana held the popcorn bowl while Shoto munched on it until it was empty.

Hana and Katsuki had seen the movie several times. They usually commented on the same parts each time, but tonight it was quiet. Apart from Shoto laughing at scenes that sometimes weren’t even funny. By the end, he had sobered up and read the room. Something was off.

Throughout the movie, Hana’s phone had gone off, but she only checked it once or twice. When Shoto got up to leave the eerily quiet gathering, she stood up with him and checked her phone.

Izuku and Katsuki watched as Hana got up and they could see the long list of notifications. The blonde stiffened beside him and Izuku felt his hand being gripped rather tightly.

He’s upset. Tonight, has been weird. But he needs this. He needs space so he can think.

The greenette quickly thought of a way to kindly avoid them seeing her tomorrow. Even though they hardly ever saw her Sundays because it was their “date day,” he just wanted to make sure. Once they got to the weekdays, it would be easier. All of them had work.

“What do you have going on tomorrow Hana?” Izuku put on his best hero smile and batted long, dark lashes across the room.

Hana was standing at the doorway next to Shoto grabbing her jacket. She was about to bend down to slip her shoes on when Izuku asked her about the next day. She let her eyes glance over Katsuki’s stone face, and she felt Shoto’s presence looming next to her as she gritted her teeth before answering. Full transparency.

“I’ve got plans tomorrow.” Hana forced a grin and obviously cut her eyes to the heterochromatic hero next to her. Besides Jirou, none of their other friends knew that she was dating Dabi yet. Not to her knowledge anyway. “But I know it’s you guys date day so no worries!”

Izuku nodded his head to her to let her know he understood what she meant before he spoke.

“Oh, that’s okay. I was just going to tell you we were thinking about going home to visit our parents so we might not—”

Katsuki had other a different idea about how they should go about making sure they wouldn’t see Hana tomorrow suddenly.

“Where are you going with Frankenstein tomorrow?”

Izuku’s fake smile dropped along with his jaw. Hana wobbled on weak legs as she bent down to reach her last shoe. Shoto grabbed her hand to help her balance. She gripped it tightly and used his support to stand up.

“Frankenstein?” Shoto’s deep voice bounced around in Hana’s head. “Like Dabi, Frankenstein?”

“Kacchan!!” Izuku’s voice was light. Almost as if he couldn’t believe his boyfriend would expose something that wasn’t his to do so with.

Hana bit her lip as she turned to face him. Her eyes focusing on the pink pastel of his hoodie.

“You’re dating Dabi?” He asked her calmly. Hana looked up to meet mismatched eyes.

Well. Just when we were starting to feel like close friends again. He’s going to hate me, and he doesn’t even know the worst part of it yet.

Shoto could feel the slight tremble of Hana’s small hand within his own.

“Hana, it’s okay if you are.” Shoto’s eyes were kind, as they peered down into her confused golden ones, and he clasped another hand around hers. “Things between us are fine. No hard feelings. I mean well some, he kind of kidnapped Bakugou a few years ago but eh- given with how he just put you on the spot I can let that go.”

He smiled at her, his normal closed lip one, and it was more than enough to help Hana breath again. But it wasn’t good enough for Katsuki.

“Okay Half n’ Half.” The blonde spoke in a condescending manner and stood up from the couch. “Act like it’s not a huge fucking mistake. ‘Tch. I’m going to bed.”

The blonde turned to leave the room but Shoto’s sober, strong voice followed him.

“If anything, Bakugou, she’s probably doing it for you.” Katsuki came to a fast stop at the beginning of the hallway. He didn’t turn around, he just stood there and listened. “This thing between you three has been going on long enough. It seems that you have forgotten which one is your significant other. Maybe if you focused more of your attention on Izu then it wouldn’t be so blatantly obvious that you’re in love with her or something. She’s probably dating Dabi to take some of the heat off of you.”

Katsuki’s fist collided with an empty space of drywall. From the right side of his face, Hana could see his clenched jaw. His shoulders were flexed into mountains and sparks were bouncing off the drywall.

Izuku sat with his eyes focused on his boyfriend’s back. The greenette’s face was a flushed mix of embarrassment and worry.

“Sho.” Hana tugged at his hand. “Let’s go. I’ll tell you everything, just not here.”

Shoto let his eyes break apart from the blonde’s side profile after a few seconds. Hana pulled on him again and suddenly they slipped through the doorway and out into the hall.

Hana crossed the hallway to lean against her own front door. Her face was flushed but her eyes steady in their focus on the heterochromatic hero.

“Hana, I’m sorry.” Shoto started an attempt at excusing his behavior. “His temper just gets to me and the way he acts about you right in front of Izuku’s face. I just can’t—”

Hana brought up a hand between them. Her other one was still tangled up with Shoto’s.

“It’s okay. You’re actually right. There is something more going on.” His eyes searched Hana’s face from her bit lip to her averted gaze. “Just come in and we can talk.”

She dropped his hand to get out her keys. Hana opened the door and Shoto followed her inside with his hands in his pockets.

He hadn’t been in Hana’s apartment in a while. They had similar taste in simplistic design. The olive cabinets, cool white marble, and even mix of metal, glass, and wood furnishings always soothed his mind compared to the full color wheel of the guys' apartment across the hall. He let out a deep breath and followed Hana into the living room after taking off his shoes.

“I’m here to listen. But first, can I use your bathroom?” Shoto pulled off his hoodie and dropped it and the contents of his pockets onto the glass coffee table.

Hana twisted her face at him and giggled before she answered.

“Of course. Have you been holding it the entire time? You guzzled like seven bottles of water while we were there, cotton mouth.” Hana teased and plopped down onto the dark grey fabric of her sofa.

“Yeah. I could tell the vibe was off between you guys tonight. Didn’t wanna leave you to the wolves.” Shoto smirked sweetly before slinking over to the bathroom.

When he returned, Hana told him the truth. Starting with her moving in and meeting Katsuki and Izuku, their growing friendship and the eventual proposition by Izuku, their entanglement, her reasoning behind going out with Dabi, her and Katsuki’s confessions, and how everything had been normal this morning when she was there. Katsuki had actually been acting fine until Izuku came out of the bathroom. She told him that she saw the greenette give Katsuki a weird look and that’s when he started treating her like she was contagious.

She left out the fact that he was Dabi’s brother. That wasn’t her place to tell. She wasn’t pulling a Katsuki tonight on Shoto.

Throughout the conversation, Shoto nodded and shook his head. He would bring a hand to his chin ever so often and he clenched his fist when Hana told him about the accident where the two heroes had caught her and Dabi in her apartment. Collectively, his reaction was just as easy going as Jirou’s had been.

When Hana was done, he leaned back into the couch next to her and brought his hands behind his neck to support his head. The thin fabric of his white t-shirt stretched over the ripples of his abs.

“So, do you really like Dabi or is he just a distraction?” Shoto cut his eyes to the left to see the right side of Hana’s face. She tucked brown curls behind her ear and leaned her head back onto the couch beside his. Hana smiled softly as she looked up to the ceiling.

“I really like him.” Hana angled her head to gaze back into grey and turquoise eyes. In the dim lighting of her apartment Shoto’s left eye looked just like Dabi’s. Shoto found himself smiling at the weird look Hana was giving him. “He’s different from how you think he’d be. He’s charming, mature, and…he just knows exactly who he is. He’s calm and doesn’t let himself get too caught up…like you in that way. I think you’d really like him Sho.”

The heterochromatic hero furrowed a brow at Hana’s last comment. The way she said it made him feel like he probably would like the ex-villain. He had taken Dabi’s public apology well and understood that he probably just fell into the wrong place at the wrong time. The guy probably had a rough childhood or something and Shoto could understand that.

“And he is hot as fuuuuck.” Hana poked at the tender skin of Shoto’s left side. He laughed and rolled his eyes before gazing back up at the ceiling.

“I understand what you’re doing. Giving yourself the chance to move on. But is that really what you want or are you just doing it for Midoriya?” Hana let her smile fade considerably. “I know you care about him and want him to be happy, but if Bakugou has…outgrown that relationship then he is going to get hurt anyway. If he goes through that pain and Bakugou chooses you instead then you have to hurt someone else.”

Hana contemplated Shoto’s words and let out a sigh.

“Katsuki isn’t going to choose me.” She turned to meet Shoto’s eyes again. “The way I feel about him…it’s more than like. But Him and Izu have been sharing that feeling for years. Everything they have ever been through got built into it. I honestly don’t think they could live without each other…Kats will figure that out. He already knows it, somewhere inside of all of those anger issues. He’s just distracted right now…by me.” Hana brought her gaze back up to the ceiling. “When he stays with Izuku in the end, it’s going to hurt. Bad. But I would rather already have a foot headed towards the exit than be deep in the cave, you know?”

“But is that fair to Dabi?” Shoto nudged at her curls softly with his outturned elbow.

“Dabi knows about everything. He told me he just wants to feel it out. Whatever happens, he says he will be cool with it. I think he wants us to still be a part of each other’s lives no matter how things go.” Hana smiled softly again. “I really believe that he means it.”

Shoto shifted next to her and crossed his right foot over to rest on top of his left knee. The sober Shoto manspread.

“And you don’t think that Midoriya and Bakugou are capable of doing that same thing if he ends up with you?” Hana felt two smoldering eyes lie heavily on her face.

“I don’t think so Sho.” Hana bit into her lip. “I think if that happens, no matter what Izu said, it will change everything.”

Once all the heavy material had been discussed, Hana asked Shoto about how things were going for him. He told her about the new house he had moved into a couple months ago. It was in a neighborhood on the edge of the city. He didn’t mind the commute and he was thinking about getting a cat. Hana teased him by telling him that he was definitely a cat kind of guy.

Shoto shrugged and laughed it off, in an always confused Shoto kind of way. He asked her about work and when she would be seeing Dabi next. She told him about the house party the following evening. Shoto reminded her to be careful and to keep her phone on her in case things got too wild. He told her he was there for her, especially since things were weird with her “neighbors”.

Shoto asked her about a picture that she had hanging in the bathroom. It was of her standing on the side of a mountain looking out across a wide, winding river. He knew she had traveled back home, but never spoke about it much. Hana told him it was taken on her favorite hike in her home state. He could tell that it was a fond memory from the smile she tried to hide.

“You’re from Washington, right?” Hana winced slightly at the question before nodding back at him. “I’ve always seen a lot of beautiful pictures from there. Lots of green and fog.”

Hana continued to nod back at him. She checked the time on her phone before leaning back against the couch.

Shoto got the sense that Hana wasn’t into shedding any light into her past, so he changed the subject.

“So, what are you going to do about Bakugou?” Shoto brought his hands down to his lap. Hana twisted towards him.

“I think I’m going to give him some space. After he got aggro with Izu this morning I could tell the lines were getting blurry…so I think I’m just going to keep my distance for a while. I think this is all weighing too heavy on him.”

Shoto nodded his head and started to gather his things. Hana followed him to the door.

“Um. Thanks for tonight.” The brunette idled behind him at the door. “Putting your foot down with Bakugou like that…you didn’t have to. He was just upset, and you know how that goes…”

Hana was pulling on her necklace and running the jewels at the center along the chain. Shoto could tell she was anxious. He knew she wasn’t a big toucher outside of being with the guys and neither was he, but his feet moved on their own. He hadn’t hugged her since before they broke up. Tonight, on the couch, was the closest they had been in months.

Shoto approached her slowly and wrapped his arms around her small torso. He felt Hana’s cheek nestle against his chest. Her arms hung lightly around the taper of his waist.

“It’s okay, Hana.” Shoto rested his chin on top of her head. “I can handle Bakugou. I’ve honestly missed hanging out with you. We used to be really good friends before, you know, and I had a really good time tonight.”

Hana sagged against his tall frame and squeezed his waist tighter.

“I’ve missed you too, Sho.” She smiled and turned her chin up to face him. “Let’s not go back to the things were. I need your stoner commentary and you’re a really good friend.”

Shoto pulled her in close and she tucked her face back into his chest. After a minute he let her go and stepped back to grab the door handle.

“I’m cool with that.” Shoto smiled softly at her before opening the door. “I’ll text you tomorrow. Maybe we can plan something for next weekend.”

Hana nodded and said goodbye as he stepped out into the hallway.

When it was just her in the apartment, she checked her freezer to make sure had something in case she decided to eat at work the next night. She figured she wouldn't have Katsuki's cooking to rely on for this week.

Hana was in bed before 9. She texted Dabi back and they agreed that he would pick her up around 7 that following evening. She was looking forward to getting away from the apartment for a little bit. The weight of the current situation was getting heavy on all of them.

Across the hallway, Katsuki had waited to hear her door shut and the “bing” of the elevator hitting their floor to assure himself that Shoto had left.

Damn half and half.

Chapter Text

The next day, Hana stayed in her apartment until Dabi texted her that he was outside. She hadn’t been listening for any sign of the guy’s but when she stepped out in the hallway it was clear that they hadn’t gone to see their parents.

The 3-inch depth of their front door did little to muffle the moans and grunts coming from the other side. Hana stopped for a second in wide eyed suspicion.

Katsuki had apologized to Izuku for coming at Shoto and Hana the night before. When they woke up Sunday morning, Izuku found his boyfriend in a deepened apologetic state with the blonde’s mouth between his strong legs. The greenette didn’t question his motives and they had been giving into their primal needs off and on throughout the day.

Hana gasped as she realized she was still idling in the hallway; the moans had stopped, and she could hear feet scuffling around inside. Her eyes darted between the elevator and the stairs. She couldn’t decide what would be the quickest get away from her pervy eavesdropping.

She hit a rhythmic stride and opted for the stairwell. She held the door behind her with her fingertips until it closed soundlessly, then she bolted.

A quick jog down seven flights of stairs to start my evening.

When she stepped out into the lobby, she was almost out of breath. Her heart was pumping hard in her chest. Dabi caught sight of Hana quickly from where he stood near the front door chatting with Gary.

Hana maintained her quick pace across the large room, her attention split between him and the front doors. They were filled in with the light from an amber sunset. The mix of blues in the sky reminded Hana less of Dabi’s painting and more of the idea of freedom. She didn’t like her conflicted feelings about hearing Katsuki and Izuku having sex. That shouldn’t bother her. They were together.

When Dabi reached out to grab her arm, she startled and met his eyes with hesitation.

“Why are we running?” He teased but quickly nodded a goodbye to Gary. The door man was giving her a questioning glance. Dabi turned to pick up the pace that she had when she crossed the lobby. Soon enough they were in the parking lot.

He looked towards her again for an explanation. He didn’t receive one. Instead, Hana bit her lip and followed him to his Jeep.

“Just a weird weekend…” Hana jumped in the passenger side of the car as Dabi held the door open for her. She met his bright eyes with a weak smile. “I just really need to get out of here today.”

Dabi nodded and shut the door. He didn’t need to question Hana anymore. He knew if it was something she wanted to talk about then she would tell him.

When he got in from the driver’s side Hana asked him about the restaurant. He told her they had finished training all of the staff and were looking forward to their soft opening in two weekends. Everything was going smoothly. Hana could tell he was proud, and she looped her fingers around his over the console.

For the rest of the ride to Kai’s they talked about Hana’s night with the guys. She focused mainly on Shoto’s antics and how they actually hung out after. Dabi was surprised to find that she had told his little brother the truth about how things had changed between her and the two heroes. He was really impressed by Shoto’s understanding and invitation to spend more time rebuilding their friendship.

“He kind of stood up for you.” Hana leaned over in her seat and gave Dabi’s hand a squeeze. “He doesn’t want you to get hurt in the end, depending on Kat’s decision. It’s like he can sense the bro code.”

Dabi smiled and looked into his own eyes in the rearview.

Little Sho. Maybe he will like me…

It wasn’t hard to pick out which house was Kai’s. It was the only house in the residential neighborhood on the outskirts of town that had at least ten cars parked along the street and in the front yard.

Dabi tightened his grip on her hand.

“You ready?”

Hana smirked at him before opening her own door.

“Let’s do it.”

When they walked into the front door of the small house an earthy, skunk smell filled Hana’s nose. She could see at least three kegs from her view in the entryway. Dabi laughed at her smirk and pulled her into the living room to his left.

On the couch, crowded between three other people, was Kai. He was wearing a long sleeve grey shirt, his gloves, and ripped black jeans. In between his fingers was a tightly rolled j.

Smoke rose from his nostrils as he saw them, and he came to his feet.

“ D! I’m glad you could make it.” He threw a fist out above the coffee table to meet Dabi’s touch. His entire face was smiling, and it only grew when he turned to look at Hana. She quickly brought up her own fist to meet the tight leather of Kai’s gloved hand. “Hana! It’s good to see you. Toga’s around here somewhere and she’s going t—”

A squeal from the right of them tore through the air. Hana briefly saw bouncing blonde buns before she was tackled. She felt Dabi brace himself against her to keep them from toppling over.

“Hana boo boo!! I’ve missed youuu.” Toga’s voice sang into Hana’s left ear. The small girl pulled back briefly to squeeze Hana’s cheeks. She squealed again and then stepped back to look at Hana’s outfit. The brunette was wearing a short black denim overall dress with a thick grey sweater underneath. Her sheer black tights fed into the platform doc marten’s she was wearing. She had added a chain linking the laces to the pull tab on the back and it jingled when she moved. “And that outfit KILLS!”

Hana ran her eyes up her own outfit with a blush on her cheeks. She felt good in her outfit choice. It felt right with her current vibe and she embraced it. It helped that it went with her date’s own outfit. Dabi stood next to her in striking similarity. He was wearing black boots with his dark ripped jeans tucked into them. He had a dark distressed t-shirt on and a sage green hoodie over the top. The bottom of it was well worn and the sleeves were frayed at the ends from being scorched by his hands.

“You two are too fucking hot.” Toga took Hana’s hand to lead them to the kitchen. Kai stopped them to introduce Hana to the other people on the couch. Their names were Big Sis, Ace, and Twice. They all shook Hana’s hand or hugged her tightly. Everyone seemed friendly and Hana was wondering why Dabi was so worried about her reaction to them. After the introductions, Toga finished her mission of dragging Hana to the kitchen. “Whatcha drinking?”

Hana’s eyes poured over the countertop that was covered in liquor bottles and mixers.

“Uh, just some vodka with water.” Toga smiled widely and her hands got busy mixing the drink. Dabi approached the overflowing countertop and poured himself a double whiskey on ice.

The three of them sipped their drinks and dabbled in light conversation over Toga’s recent issue with their neighbors. Apparently, she lived here with Kai. Hana didn’t know if they were dating or if they were just really good friends. Hana figured she would use context clues to figure out, if she couldn’t she’d just ask Dabi later.

Kai approached them after some time and asked if they wanted to escape to the backyard. They all followed him through the narrow hallway that led to the back door. Under the covered back porch there was a large couch. A girl with two nose rings and a guy with short blonde hair were sitting on it. They stood up and Kai introduced them as Hen and Jana. They were friendly enough, before excusing themselves to go inside.

“They’re good people.” Kai shrugged his shoulders and sat down on the tan sofa. “They’re just quiet. Toga’s energy scares them I think.”

“They’re just big ole stoners. All they do is come over here and smoke until they pass out. They never wanna play any of my games.” Toga plopped down next to Kai in the center.

There was only one spot left on the couch and Hana was hovering next to it. Dabi quickly threw himself down into it. Hana laughed at his sudden movement and he grabbed onto her hips to pull her into his lap.

She curled up into him with one foot resting on the patio beneath them. Her right arm looped behind Dabi’s shoulders and she felt the warmth of his left arm behind her back. Their hands met in Hana’s lap and rested against each other holding their drinks. The motions were oddly familiar to Hana.

“Now you guys are making me jealous.” Toga whined next to them and Kai brought an arm around her small shoulders. Careful to make sure his skin on his wrist was still covered by his sleeve and glove.

“I’ve got you, Toga.” The blonde leaned back into his touch. Kai tensed at first but after seeing that she didn’t explode he softened some. The corners of his lips upturned slightly.

“So have you told her about this weekend yet?” Kai took another hit off of the j in his right hand.

“Nah man. This one likes surprises so don’t give her anything.” Dabi brush a fingertip over the exposed skin on the back of Hana’s neck. She shivered and leaned in closer to his chest.

“Ah. I see.” Kai let the smoke escape his lips. He offered the j to Toga who hit it a couple times before passing it to Dabi.

“You cool with this?” He leaned close to her ear to whisper.

“Yea, I just don’t partake. Drug tests and all.” Hana nudged her forehead against his. That was sweet of him.

Dabi leaned back and took a deep toke. The smoke filled his lungs, and he leaned his head over the back of the couch to let it out. Away from Hana’s face.

They sat out back behind the house for a couple hours and Toga engaged them all in a harrowing game of Never Have I Ever. After the first couple rounds Big Sis and Twice came out and joined them.

She was surprised to learn that Dabi had never done any other drugs besides pot and X. Hana didn’t judge but he seemed like the type that partied pretty heavy in his early twenties.

Hana couldn’t hide her smile when Toga revealed that she had a crush on Izuku. The greenette had told her about their run ins in the past so she already knew, but it made her laugh to see Toga so shy and blushed about it.

Kai revealed that a girl lost a tooth giving him a BJ one time. He had worn two condoms and warned her heavily but when her tooth broke through the latex there was little he could do but rip his dick out of her mouth and run. He never heard from her again.

Hana had everyone doubled over laughing, to the point of tears when she confessed that she had been caught completely naked in public. Some jerks had stolen their clothes during her road trip the last year she lived in the states. She had been skinny dipping in broad daylight with her friends after a long, hot hike in California.

“Tell us more about your wild gap year Hana boo boo!” Toga cooed over her 5th vodka cranberry. “I bet you got into some real wild shit.”

Hana was feeling more at ease after her 3rd drink and the secondhand high from the heavy smoke surrounding them was getting to her head. Dabi waved his hand in front of them to blow off Toga’s nosiness. He knew that Hana didn’t like to discuss her past much. He was surprised when he heard a small giggle escape her lips.

“Well. Me and a group of friends left out of Washington state in late August to start our trip going South.” Dabi let his hand fall to Hana’s lap. He curled it around her small ankle that was resting between his legs. He leaned his head back to listen. “My friends and I were pretty innocent. I had gotten into some trouble growing up, but I settled down in high school and college because of…” Hana let her words trail off before she picked back up. “Growing up and stuff, you know?”

Toga and Kai nodded in her direction while Big Sis and Twice toasted their beers together. Dabi let out a deep sigh next to her.

“We kept it pretty low key with hikes and camping in our vans next to the most beautiful spots.” Hana brought up a hand to the imaginary mountain landscape next to her. “Eventually, in like November, we ended up making friends with a group of people the same age as us. They were traveling the same direction as us for the winter, so we just caravanned together after that.”

“These people were…different. They weren’t “villains”. You guys know the heroes have a tight grip on that shit in America.” The group nodded and groaned with her in agreeance. “They were just low level, wily types. They hiked the most dangerous trails fucked up. We would go out to little backwoods bars with them and barely leave without having to escape some kind of brawl. My friends and I were initially kind of freaked out, but eventually we fed into it…we had all been through something before we left so we learned to let loose with them.”

Hana rubbed at her cheek and then settled back onto her elbows on top of the arm rest behind her.

“By the time we were halfway through Texas in February, we had all been in so many barfights and sketchy situations out on the trails that two of my friends, they were a couple, got tired of scraping me and…this other guy that was in our group off of disgusting back-room floors. I was so burnt out I couldn’t even heal myself anymore, much less anyone else. I had started getting into things worse than weed and X. I was looking pretty pathetic.”

Hana’s honey-colored eyes had darkened into a burned shade of gold.

“After that, things somehow managed to get worse.” Hana inhaled a cold sniff of air through her nostrils. “I dragged myself back home to Washington that May. Called off the last half of the trip, we were already so behind, and I didn’t want to know what kind of shit I would be into by the time we reached the east coast.”

A silence stretched out across the group. Dabi brought a warm hand to Hana’s back. She exhaled deeply and turn to meet his blue eyes.

“I’ve been there, Sis.” Big Sis’s voice boasted from her left. They were leaned back into a plastic lawn chair. Beer toasted to the air. “Sometimes you get down into the bottle or whatever vice keeps you warm so deep that you’re scared of what hole you might crawl into next. You’ve gotta run while you still can. Start a new chapter.”

Twice grunted in agreeable tones in the next chair. He too had lifted his bottle into the air.

“Amen.” Kai lifted a roach into the air and smiled as he gazed up at the ceiling in his own thoughts. Toga hummed softly next to Hana on the couch and brought her glass to the air. Dabi looked at Hana with a soft smile before speaking.

“To knowing when to run and starting the next chapter.” Dabi toasted to the air and Hana brought her glass to meet his. While everyone in the circle took a deep swig of their drink Hana gazed over the faces surrounding her.

She felt comfort in this little circle. These people were honest. Life hadn’t been kind to them…or Hana. She felt like she was in a safe place among those who understood her pain. They weren’t trying to be perfect or anything else above their current level of contentment. They leaned on one another because they shared their pain.

Hana smiled to herself, and Dabi felt as her body relaxed in his grasp.

I knew she would like them.

The night grew on for another hour. They played another light-hearted round of Never Have I Ever and their laughs echoed through the darkness of the night. As the temperature dropped Hana began to shiver and cling to Dabi for warmth. He gave her his hoodie to keep warm.

When Dabi was driving Hana home they reflected on the evening. Hana admitted that she had a great time and thanked Dabi for bringing her. She was excited for whatever he had planned for Saturday. Dabi told her that he never had any doubts that she wouldn’t get along with his friends. He revealed that Twice and Big Sis would be there on Saturday as well.

They pulled up to her apartment and Dabi remembered how shaky Hana had been when he picked her up.

“Would you mind if I walked you up this time?” Dabi left the keys in the ignition and turned to face Hana.

The brunette’s reaction time was a little delayed from being under the influence and she took that as a sign that it wouldn’t hurt to have a chaperone make sure she made it to her door okay.

She nodded and smiled sweetly at Dabi.

It was 10pm when they made it inside and Gary was nodding off to sleep at his desk. They tiptoed across the lobby hand-in-hand and attempted to keep their laughter under control. Now was not the time to get stuck with Chatty Gary. They were both a little high and knew they would be caught up with Gary for hours.

When the elevator hit Hana’s floor, neither of them could reign in their laughter. Hana was stumbling and Dabi was trailing behind her on two left feet.

“Are you going to make it back to your car?” Hana whispered over a choked breath. She was leaning against her door for support and when Dabi landed at her feet he did the same. They both covered their mouths in muffled laughter.

“Uh..I think so.” Dabi could barely force out the words. “Unless you wanna invite me inside?” Hana’s half-lidded eyes crawled over the gap between Dabi’s pale exposed collarbones and the deep purple skin surrounding his neck to his excruciatingly blue eyes. Easy, Hana. Be easy.

Before she could open her mouth, she heard the familiar “bing’ of the elevator behind them and hurried footsteps.

“Oh. Hey Hanabro.” Kiri peaked around Dabi’s shoulder to get a glimpse of who else was standing at Hana’s front door. He had already made Dabi from the burns and staples on his exposed arms. Kiri stood next to them with a case of beer. “Had to reup our supply.”

Hana squinted at him and then turned her gaze to the guys’ front door. Her ears focused on the sounds of laughter and bumping music behind it. They’re having a party?

Kiri moved into her bloodshot gaze and observed her closely. So, this is what made Bakugou extra testy the other day. Hana’s dating an Ex-Villain. Fair enough. She seems to be happy. I don’t think I’ve ever seen her stoned before.

“Are you high?” Kiri brought his empty hand to his lips to hide a laugh. “Oh, you guys should come in. Shoto and Denki are here too and they are blazed as hell. Denki keeps ragging on Bakubro about how fine his mom is. If you guys both came it would be hilarious!”

Dabi came to life next to her.

“Nah, man.” He extended his hand, Kiri embraced it quickly with a firm handshake. “I’m just dropping her off. We’re uh…taking things slowly. Her neighbor isn’t too fond.”

“Ah. The blonde one I suppose?” Kiri readjusted the case of beer under his arm and all three of the shared a laugh.

Speak of the devil and he shall appear…

The door behind Kiri whipped open at a mean pace.

“Shitty Hair I can see your feet under the doorway. What the fuck are you doing out here you dum—” Katsuki’s eyes focused past Kiri’s bulk and fell upon Dabi and Hana.

His eyes trailed down from their faces to tangled hands and back up to two sets of bloodshot eyes.

“Hana…” Katsuki started but a head of red and white hair appeared behind him.

“Hana!” Shoto’s goofy smile from the night before had returned to grace their presences. “And Dabi…” Shoto shrugged past Bakugou in the doorway. The exit was rough, Katsuki stood still as a statue and he didn’t shudder to get out of Shoto’s path. I guess whatever apology he gave to Shoto to get him over here on Izuku’s behalf must have been halfway decent seeing as he came. Shoto doesn’t put up with Kat’s temper for anyone else.

Dabi stiffened beside her as Shoto reached out a hand towards him. Hana immediately nudged him forward. Her attention broken away from the growing scowl across the hall.

“It’s nice to see you…again.” Shoto’s goofy smile weaned at the corners.

“Likewise…Shoto.” Dabi shook his brother’s hand tightly. The heterochromatic hero’s eyes perked up when he heard his name come from Dabi’s lips. “Hana talks about you a lot and I just remember the name from, you know.”

Shoto’s narrow focus relaxed, and he brought his hand back to his pockets.

“Are you guys coming in?” He asked and backstepped towards the wall beside the two heroes’ door.

“NO.” Katsuki boomed from the entryway. Kiri sagged beside him. Shoto rolled his eyes.

“Nah, I was just making sure she made it to her door okay.” Hana felt Dabi’s hand brush up against hers. The blonde tensed where he stood.

“I’ll uh…text you when I make it home.” Dabi leaned forward and kissed Hana’s forehead lightly. Kiri brought his empty arm to brace against Katsuki’s chest.

“Nice to see you guys.” Dabi’s eyes narrowed on the red head. “It’s Kiri, right?”

Katsuki visibly twitched as his best friend responded.

“Yeah man. It was good to see you too! Be safe!” Kiri full handed waved back.

“Shoto, Bakugou…I’ll uh—catch you guys later.” Dabi stepped into the elevator and passed them another cool two-handed wave before the doors shut.

“Or don’t” Katsuki shot back towards the closed doors.

Hana, Shoto, and Kiri rolled their eyes.

“You’re coming in, right Hana?” Shoto peered down at Hana with those mismatched soft eyes.

“Fuck yes she is.” Kiri didn’t leave room for Hana to make a lame excuse as he grabbed her wrist with his empty hand and pulled her inside. She felt the burn of Katsuki’s eyes on her as Kiri drug her past him.

Okay. I guess I’m doing this now…

“HANA.” The room boomed in almost complete unison.

Momo and Jirou sat on the end of the couch that was closest to the door. Ochaco, Tsuyu, and Izuku huddled on the other end while Denki and Ida sat on the floor on the other side of the coffee table.

Jirou jumped to her feet to ambush her best friend. The Earphone Jack hero took sight of Hana’s slight backstep and remembered Hana’s boundaries. She settled for a soft one-armed hug before she led Hana to sit on the couch next to her and Momo.

Hana propped her arm up on end of the couch before turning to face Jirou. Shoto walked up in front of her and sat down with his back leaning against her legs. He turned his head around to smile widely at her. Hana leaned forward to tousle his hair and smile back. I missed my sweet Sho.

“Okay so I’m severely lacking in details.” Jirou let her eyes roll over the sign of affection between the two of them. “You guys are cool again?”

“Yea. We’re cool.” Hana reached her arm underneath the neck of Dabi’s hoodie to pull out her curls that had gotten stunk under there. “It’s a rather recent development, J.”

“Okay. On to the next topic then…” Jirou waved a hand in front of her nose. “You smell like a pot farm. Worse than Denki.”

“Heyyyy.” Denki piped up from the other side of the room and shot Jirou a friendly bird. She stuck her tongue out at him before turning back towards Hana to give her a better look. Kiri and Katsuki returned from refilling the fridge with beer. They both sat down on the floor on either side of Denki. Iida moved closer to Hana’s end of the couch.

“You do smell like weed, H.” Shoto reached a hand back to pinch her leg.

“So do you Sho.” Hana pulled on the piece of red hair she was playing with between her fingers.

“And that outfit. Those boots are taking names!” Where did guys go?” Jirou toed at the chain hanging from Hana’s boot.

“Yea, you and Dabi both seemed hella high.” Shoto nudged an elbow into her shin.

Katsuki adjusted himself on the rug.

“Ribbit.” Tsuyu croaked from the opposite end of the couch. “Dabi? Like, with the scars?”

“Dabi with the hella dom energy?” Denki wiped a bit of imaginary drool from his chin.

“Dabi with the blue flames?” Momo gripped at Jirou’s left arm.

“Dabi the villain!?!” Iida made two strong 90-degree angles in Hana’s general vicinity.

“Yeaaaa. That’s the one.” Jirou’s face twisted into a naughty smile. Hana looked past it to Ochako who sat quietly between Izuku and Tsuyu. Her eyes pensive. She placed a light hand on Izuku’s thigh as he averted his eyes to look at Katsuki. Ah-hah. Hana thought. No surprise there.

Katsuki took a long swig from his beer and sucked his teeth at Hana.

“He seemed really nice in the hallway.” Kiri interjected. “Manly.”

“Is that his hoodie you’re wearing?” Ochako finally decided to contribute.

Hana inner facepalmed at the comment and looked down at the sage green hoodie.

“Oh—” Her cheeks flushed. “Shit. I completely forgot I had it on. We were sitting outside at his friend Kai’s house and it got really cold.”

“KAI CHISAKI?!” Iida erupted from the floor in front of her. Hana felt Shoto place a hand against her shin.

“Kai Chisaki like the underground head of the Yakuza?” Ochako almost spilled her hard cider.

“Kai Chisaki with the serial killer vibe?” Jirou’s eyes almost popped out of her face.

“Kai Chisaki with the even bigger dom energy?” Denki was actually drooling at this part. That made Hana giggle to herself as she remembered Kai’s story from earlier.

“Yea, you definitely don’t want to go down that slippery slope Denki…” Hana sipped from the beer Kiri had handed her and she felt the heat of Katsuki’s scowl fall on her. “Kai isn’t a part of the Yakuza anymore. He manages Dabi’s bars and his restaurant. He’s pretty cool actually.”

“Hana sweetie. You really need to be careful hanging out with those types.” Izuku cringed at the lack of depth of Ochako’s comment. Hana felt Jirou grip her left arm loosely and she rolled her eyes.

“Was that girl with the blonde hair in the buns there too?” Jirou offered up an opportunity and Hana took it.

“Yea, Toga was there.” Hana leaned forward to make a shiny face at Izuku. “And she spoke at length about her crush on Izu over there.”

Izuku blushed immediately and Katsuki rocked forward on his knees.

“It was really cute actually. She had these really innocent schoolgirl vibes about it. She couldn’t stop blushing. It was sweet.” Hana teased and they all giggled at Izuku’s expense. Ochako’s frown deepened.

They all made small talk and started different conversations within the room. Hana couldn’t help but compare the difference in energy within this circle of friends to the one she had been in at Kai’s. Iida didn’t say much after she had arrived. Ochako’s eyes narrowed every time the brunette and Jirou whispered. Katsuki’s focus split between awkward glances at Izuku and ones she couldn’t decipher towards herself. Well, look no further. The elephant in the room is me.

Hana was whispering some details of the past few days to Jirou when she Kiri called her attention.

“So Hana, I know you’re busy with your new friends but you’re still coming Saturday, right? Kiri leaned forward over his folded legs.

“Isn’t Saturday your date with Mina?” Hana sipped her beer and looked questioningly at the redhead. Katsuki slammed his beer bottle onto the floor next to him. Shoto whipped his head towards the blonde. She felt his body stiffen against her legs.

“No! That’s the day I’m asking her on the date. We are all going to that Party in The Park, remember? I told you yesterday morning.” Kiri tilted his empty bottle towards her.

“Oh fuck. I’m sorry Kiri. I completely spaced on that.” Hana brought the hand that had been tangled in Shoto’s hair to her mouth. Fucking aye, Hana. Kats is going to do a fucking flip. “I already have plans Saturday…with Dabi.”

Katsuki completely stood up and all but huffed into the kitchen.

“Hanabro. The devastation.” Kiri brought a hand to his burly chest and gave her a full bottom lipped pout. He let the guilt trip hang for a second before he broke out a laugh. He waved away Hana’s worry. “It’s cool. Do you know when you’re going out?”

“Not really. It’s a surprise.” Hana smiled softly at Kiri. “But if I have time before or after, I’ll come find you guys. I’m sure you all will be going out or drinking somewhere and I’ll hit you up!”

“Sounds like a plan, Hanabro.” The redhead reached a fist across the coffee table and Hana leaned forward to bump it with her own. “I just need you there to wish me luck.”

“You don’t need it Shitty Hair.” They both giggled to one another and raised their heads to look back at the blonde. He was standing behind Hana at the couch. He offered them a flat lip smirk before opening another bottle.

Katsuki returned to his spot on the floor, and they all chatted amongst themselves until it was almost midnight. All of them except Shoto had work the next day so people were getting ready to leave. Kiri was the first to grab his keys and Hana hopped up. She was eager to follow him out to apologize for forgetting about Saturday and to escape the room thick with tension. She leaned forward to give Shoto a hug around his neck from behind. Jirou gasped in jealousy and Hana promised she would call her tomorrow. She quickly waved goodbye to everyone before ducking behind Kiri.

Katsuki saw Hana following Kiri out the door and he moved to grab the overflowing trash bag from the kitchen.

“Hey Kiri, wait up!” Hana caught up to him in the hallway. “I really am sorry for spacing on Saturday. Yesterday was…weird.”

The redhead turned around and smiled at her.

“It’s okay Hanabro.” Kiri put both hands onto her two small shoulders and pulled her into a hug. “I don’t know exactly is going on between you and Bakugou, but I’m glad that at least one of you is happy. He’ll come around.”

Hana let out a deep sigh against Kiri’s chest.

The door opened behind them and Hana felt Kiri’s arms loosen around her.

When she opened her eyes Katsuki was standing in the hallway with a bag of garbage. His eyes shifted between the two of them, but his scowl from earlier was gone. His lips were downturned, and he wouldn’t meet Hana’s eyes.

“Oi, Shitty Hair. I’m going down with you to take out the trash.” Hana let go of Kiri and took a step towards Katsuki to get to her door. When she reached down to her dress pocket to get her keys, she felt a calloused hand wrap around her wrist. Katsuki was still looking at Kiri but he held her in place. “I’ll be over there in a minute…”

Kiri gave them a nod and turned to wait by the elevator.

Hana lifted her gaze from his hand and found ruby eyes. She felt her knees beginning to melt. Her senses were dulled by the scent of gooey burnt sugar and campfire.

“What’s up Kats?” Hana managed to form a sentence without breaking her gaze with him.

Katsuki watched her quake for a second longer before he spoke.

“I just wanted to a-apologize for what I said to you and Shoto last night.” The blonde dropped the trash bag onto floor and brought the empty hand to the nape of his neck. “I was being a dick, again. I already apologized to Icy Hot. He blew me off, but it was good enough that he still showed up.”

“Hmm.” Hana hummed a response and let her mind idle over the party she hadn’t been invited to because she thought they were visiting their parents. Her eyes rolled off of Katsuki’s face, and onto the wall behind him.

“And it’s not like we planned on having a party. We only invited Kiri and Denki at first but then that just boiled over when Round Face and Glasses showed up.”

“I thought you guys were going to visit your parents?” Hana let the words fall out flatly. Her eyes returned to see the reaction on Katsuki’s open-mouthed face.

“I-we uh….” Katsuki started, but Hana intended to finish.

“Kats. Don’t worry about it.” Hana waved a hand between them. “I get it. You have a lot on your mind right now. I should have noticed sooner. You need space to figure it all out and I understand that. You guys don’t have to lie to me and avoid me like I’m Patient Zero.” Hana paused to watch the rest of Katsuki’s face fall into utter shock. She noticed that the door had opened behind them and Izuku was leaned up tightly against the door frame.

“Just…take your time.” Hana grabbed onto Katsuki’s hand that was still gripping her wrist. “I meant it when I said I’ll be here no matter what.”

Katsuki didn’t have any words. Instead, he brought the hand down that was holding the back of his neck. He reached out towards her to pull her in to a hug. Hana felt her body lean towards him at first, but the familiar shimmer of green eyes caught her attention once more and she stopped herself.

Katsuki stared down at her in confusion. His arm frozen in mid-air.

“Kacchan.” Katsuki flinched at the sound of his boyfriend’s voice appearing behind him. “You forgot some empty boxes.”

Izuku tiptoed into the hallway and slipped the cardboard under the blonde’s fallen arm from behind.

He shut his eyes and dropped his chin down to the floor. Fuck.

When he opened them again, Hana had already slipped into her apartment, but the door was still open enough for him to see her smiling weakly at him. Her eyes defeated.

“Goodnight Kats.” The door shut between them.

“Night Hana.” Katsuki whispered to himself. When he turned back towards his own apartment Izuku had already shut the door behind him.

“Come on, man.” Kiri approached him from the left and snagged the boxes from under his arm. “I think you need to tell me what the hell is going on.”

In the time it took to get downstairs, walk behind the building and empty the trash Katsuki had given his redheaded best friend the entire story. Up until the last night when he acted like a dick towards Shoto.

Kiri was baffled. He had listened silently and offered Katsuki little feedback until he was done talking.

“Holy shit man.” Kiri brought a hand to Katsuki’s shoulder. “So, who all knows about this?”

“Well, we are pretty sure Jirou found out last year on the Christmas trip and that she told Hana that she knows. Izuku told me that he got wasted with Round Face that night that we found him on the couch and told her. Judging by the fucking ice storm I felt coming off Half n’ Half tonight it’s safe to assume Hana told him too after they left last night. Now you. Oh. And fucking Frankenstein knows!” Katsuki kicked the plaster siding of the building next door as they came in the back door to his apartment’s lobby.

“Dabi knew before I did.” Kiri hissed lightly under his breath. “Not gonna lie, that hurts. Not manly bro.”

“Hey, it was supposed to be a secret and so far, I’m the only one holding to that!” Katsuki dug the toe of his boot into the smooth marble of the lobby floor.

“Do you have any idea what you’re going to do?” Kiri watched as the blonde sucked at his teeth and threw his head back.

“No fucking idea, man.” Katsuki dug his hands into his pockets. “Izu thinks that putting some distance between me and Hana will help…but so far it fucking sucks. Somehow, she came to the same fucking conclusion. I tried to hug her tonight and she backed away from me.”

“I saw that dude.” Kiri put his hands in his own pockets and rolled backwards onto his heels. “But I think she only did that because she saw Izu watching you guys from the door.”

“I kind of thought that too, once I heard him speak. Scared the shit out of me.” Katsuki groaned to himself. “I don’t like that either…him watching me like I’m doing something bad or like we might do something. Hana and I have always been very fucking careful to not do anything out of pocket without Izu around. It wouldn’t change now.”

“He’s probably just worried, man.” Kiri reassured his best friend. “Even I have noticed that you have changed a lot recently. You actually call a bro and make him feel all important and loved on. You hang with us more. You can say it could be from us not working as much or that it started after Hana came around but…you started growing, Bakubro.”

“Oh my fucking god, I wish people would stop telling me that.” Katsuki launched himself forward to lean against the wall behind Kiri.

“Don’t get me wrong, you’re obviously still you.” Kiri stopped to point out the clenched fists pushing against the wall. “But I think you’re noticing new things about your life and the world around you. I mean when else have you ever planned a camping trip out almost six months ahead of time. You’re hella excited about that shit, Bakubro! You’ve been talking about sleeping bags and finding the right camping food recipes…” Kiri watched as Katsuki’s shoulders relaxed and his hands opened against the cool stone of the wall in front of him.

“Our job is just that. A job.” Kiri leaned against the wall beside his best friend. He saw the furrow deepening in his brow. “We are allowed to have lives outside of that. It doesn’t have to be an all-consuming thing, like we used to think it was in High School. We’re adults now…”

“Right now, you need to figure out who you want to spend that life with. What kind of man you ant to be. You’re lucky bro.” Kiri placed a hand onto the blonde’s sagging shoulders. “Izu is an amazing, talented guy and Hana is a beautiful, outgoing girl. Either way, your life will be a good one.”

Katsuki let his arms completely fall to his sides. He looked at Kiri with his head still hanging low.

“You’ll still be my friend or whatever? Even if I choose Hana.” Katsuki avoided meeting Kiri’s eyes and instead focused on the redheads goofy Space Jam t-shirt.

“Of course, dude.” Kiri suddenly smiled to himself and raised the index finger on his other hand to the air. “That’s what she meant Friday night!”

“What are you talking about Shitty Hair?” The memory of Hana and Kiri drunkenly tangled up on his couch brought his shoulders back to attention.

“I could tell that something was wrong, and I asked Hana to tell me what was up with you two. She reminded me of the bro code and told me that you would probably bring it up when you were ready.” Katsuki nodded as he followed what Kiri was getting at. “She told me that you would need me, as a friend, and now it makes sense that she said that. Cool girl, real freaking cool.”

Katsuki felt his face heat up as he nodded towards Kiri and shoved his hands in his pockets. She really is fucking cool.

The blonde felt better after talking to his best friend. When he got back up to his apartment, he found that the rest of their guests had left. Thank fuck. Izuku was waiting for him in the bedroom. Once inside their shared space, he felt the chill of the greenette’s cold shoulder.

“What’s up nerd?” Katsuki slid an around the shorter hero’s waist.

“Did you have a good talk with Kiri?” Izuku kept his hands to himself underneath the pillow supporting his head.

“Yeah. I uh—I told him the truth.” Izuku whipped around to face his boyfriend.

“You told him??” Katsuki drew his arm back and threw an open palm into the air.

“It went well. Kiri is a good guy. He won’t say anything.” Katsuki brought a hand to green curls. “I think it helped, getting it off my chest and talking to him about it.”

Izuku’s eyes widened, but he kept his mouth pulled tight.

At this point, who doesn’t know?

Why did he have to go to Hana loving Kiri about it?

Calm down, Izu...

He probably just saw Hana on Kiri’s heels as they were leaving. Then Kiri saw the same awkward moment between them that I did. He had to explain it then. He’s right…Kiri won’t say anything to anyone else. But now Kacchan has someone besides me to talk about this with. Not like he would go to Shoto or Dabi about it. Jirou would hear him out but her friendships with both of them would keep her from saying anything too biased.

You’re glad he has someone to talk to about this, Izuku. Be happy about it. Don’t freak out.

But he said he needs me…

“Hey, are you okay?” Katsuki stroked Izuku’s cheek soft with a large thumb. The greenette let himself lean into the touch.

“Yeah Kacchan. I’m okay. Just tired.” He weakly smiled at his boyfriend before turning out the light.

Chapter 14

Summary:

Katsuki pulled away and opened his eyes again to see just how lost to lust Hana was at this point. She craned forward at the loss of touch. Her lips wet, heavy, and red. Her hands pulled at his wrists again to see if she could draw him back to her. He reveled in seeing her need him.

Or: Hana and Katsuki spend a day together. What happened to giving Katsuki space?

Housekeeping stuff: I made a twitter for this fic! @OctoberScorched.

I'm going to be posting lil nuggets from each chapter before I upload the full thing and some content that goes along with each one. If you're interested. :) If it flops, oh whale.

Enjoy!

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

When morning came, Izuku was gone before Katsuki got out of the shower at 6am. Which wasn’t too strange since the greenette had long since grown out of his oversleeping, stumbling zombie before 9am phase.

Katsuki didn’t think it was weird when his boyfriend wasn’t in the apartment when he got home at 4pm that evening either. They were patrolling different zones that day, so they hadn’t seen each other at work. He probably got caught up or was finishing his work out at the gym. The greenette had been doing his best to come home earlier to spend time with Katsuki.

But when Izuku finally walked in the door at 8pm the blonde was wary of his boyfriend’s absence the entire day. When he was questioned about it, he said that he had been busy that day and needed to work off the nerves at the gym. Katsuki understood that.

Izuku asked if he had heard from Hana. Katsuki said no and informed him of their conversation the night before. Izuku reacted the same way he did. Stunned that she had come to the same conclusion that Katsuki needed space before he did.

Izuku muttered to himself on his way to the shower. When he got out the blonde was already asleep.

The same cycle of events repeated the next day. This time Izuku didn’t ask about Hana. They shared a quiet dinner Katsuki had watched 10 YouTube tutorials about how to make. Izuku consumed the entire meal in 3 minutes flat before he stumbled to bed.

By Wednesday, Katsuki didn’t bother with making another dinner. Instead, he thawed something he had cooked and frozen earlier in the month. His body was sore from getting thrown through a few rooms of drywall and he figured Izuku wouldn’t notice his lack of effort in the meal tonight. He hadn’t noticed the hours he had put into their dinner yesterday.

Katsuki’s mind wandered to Hana. She had been silent the last few days. Her apartment had been quiet during the day while she slept before work and he hadn’t heard the elevator doors go off around 6:15pm when she left anymore.

It felt like the two more important people in his life were existing on some other plane without him. He told Izuku that he didn’t want him giving him “space”. He remembered the greenette being very excited when he had said that. But where is he now…

Hana was doing the same thing. Katsuki felt like he was being punched in the gut by how well she was keeping her word. It was October. Horror movie season. Her birthday was soon. He wanted to test a couple pumpkin pie recipes out with her before her big day. What was she eating? Hana wasn’t the best cook, and she could hardly burden herself with making her own lunch for work. She always took leftovers from whatever Katsuki made. He thought about the burrito Hana had taken two bites of and the popcorn she held for Shoto to eat but didn’t eat any of.

Katsuki was loitering on the end of the couch at 6:15 when he heard Hana’s door creak open. He slid to the peep hole in their door and watched Hana tiptoe out of her apartment. She was wearing her dark maroon scrubs. One of Katsuki’s favorite colors on her. Hana stopped for a second after holding her fingertips to the door to make sure it shut silently behind her. So, she is sneaking around on purpose.

Hana’s eyes hovered on Katsuki’s door for a second and he stopped himself from ducking away from the peephole. She can’t see you, dumbass. Hana’s eyes were dark from his miniscule view through the rounded piece of glass. Even still, he could tell they weren’t as bright as usual. She took a deep breath and shook her head before turning to walk down the hallway.

Katsuki opened the door slowly and peaked his head out. Once he did, he saw the door to the stairwell shut behind her. She’s been taking the stairs?

Katsuki frowned and slinked back inside the apartment. He rested his head against the door as it shut. We’re all fucking miserable. Hana’s miserable enough to take seven flights of stairs every day and I’m hiding behind a peephole to watch her do it. Izuku doesn’t want to come home to me. What the fuck am I supposed to do? How am I supposed to know how to fix this?

Katsuki went to bed before Izuku got home that night.

The next day neither of them was supposed to be working. Izuku woke the blonde up to tell him that he had been called in to help with a case at around 7:30. Katsuki mumbled a goodbye to him in his raspy sleepy voice. Izuku kissed his forehead gently and tiptoed out the door.

When Katsuki got himself out of bed he became faced with a new issue. He had no one to spend the day with. Kiri worked on Thursdays, Izuku was at work and he couldn’t talk to Hana. He sat on the couch and started to flip through movies on Netflix.

Hana woke up that day at 3pm. Her night had been long. ER shifts weren’t what they used to be. Her days at home seemed to last forever without the guys. Neither of them texted her about keeping up with their movie marathon. No words exchanged about dinner. She wondered what Katsuki was thinking. If he hated her for giving him space. She had crossed paths with Izuku on her way into the lobby that morning. She stopped to ask him what he was doing out in his costume on his day off. He brushed past her with an awkward smile and quick wave before running out the door. Great. Now I have to start using the stairs and the back door.

Now that she had slept for a while, she realized that Katsuki was probably home alone and had been all day. She knew that his best friend worked the dreaded second shift from 10am to 6pm on Thursdays. After showering, she took a chance and texted the blonde.

Hey. You wanna come over and cook dinner tonight? We could have it ready in time for Izu to get home from work! Maybe Katsudon?

After a few hours, she figured she wasn’t getting a response. She resigned herself to the fact that she was supposed to be giving him space. Hana went back to doing laundry and cleaning up her apartment. During her work stretches her place could get filthy. She put on one of her favorite playlists and eventually she was dancing around the house instead of cleaning.

At 7pm Hana smiled when she heard a knock at the door. Thinking the blonde had changed his mind.

Across the hall, Katsuki jumped to his feet. He had ignored Hana’s text and opted to mope on the couch and watch movies instead. Of course, he wanted to hang out with Hana but he knew he wasn’t supposed to. He heard when Hana had turned on her music. He had been imagining her dancing around her living room in one of his shirts with a mop of brown hair framing her face.

By the time he situated himself at his peephole, Hana had just opened the door. Katsuki could tell it was Dabi standing in the hallway from his dark hair and purple skin that trailed around his wrist. Fucking great.

The blonde inferred that Hana was surprised to see him by the wide-eyed look on her face.

“Dabi! What are you doing here?” Hana took a step to see if anyone else was outside. The loud music was flowing out into the hallway around them.

“Real food?” Dabi shook the takeout bag in his hand. Hana smirked, but the rest of her face lit up. “Are we dancing?”

Katsuki groaned as he watched Hana respond to Dabi’s question with a melodic laugh.

 

Hana suddenly looked past Dabi to the boys’ door behind him. Katsuki felt his butthole pucker as he covered his mouth.

After squinting through the peephole and into Katsuki’s eyes for approximately 3.2 seconds. She smiled at Dabi and opened the door wider for him to go inside.

Before she moved to close the door, Katsuki had a full view of her. Hana was wearing one of his favorite shirts. The stitching at the shoulders hit just a couple inches above her elbows. The bottom hem rested halfway down her thigh. If she was wearing pants…Katsuki couldn’t see them. He watched the shirt sway around her as she danced to shut the door.

Once Dabi set the food down on the countertop he turned around to face Hana. She was still moving her hips softly to the music with a wide tooth smile.

“Mind if I join you?” Dabi smirked and draped his jacket over the back of a chair.

“Mhmm.” Hana hummed. She let her arms rest on Dabi’s shoulders as they began to twirl around the apartment.

Hana was enjoying the moment with Dabi. Moving her body felt good. Not thinking about anything, just letting herself exist.

Being alone the last few days had been rough. Hana had a lot of guilt over what was happening between Izuku and Katsuki. The way Izuku looked at her from behind Katsuki’s shoulders Sunday night. That single look translated to go away…please.

Hana felt guilty over the change in the relationship all three of them used to share. Now she can’t even see them anymore. She knew she shouldn’t have sent the message to Katsuki earlier, but she just wanted to know if he was okay. He was alone over there and Hana was very familiar with the cold feeling

Now, she had a guilty feeling that Katsuki had seen Dabi come in…

She had a lot of guilt over a lot of things…

Dabi twirled her again. This time as they danced around the coffee table. When he pulled her back in close Hana tripped over the edge of the rug and collided with his firm chest. She didn’t waste time on embarrassment though.

Hana’s laugh filled the entire room with bits of cool moonlight. The stringlights from her balcony seemed to surge behind Hana’s face. The stars in the sky twinkled a little brighter. Dabi held her close and his own laughter surprised him as he gazed down at her. So beautiful.

After the next song, they settled down to eat dinner.

Dabi asked her how things went at the guys’ apartment the other night. Hana sat a little straighter in her set.

“As well as it could I have I guess.” Hana twirled her fork in a plate of noodles. “I told Kats that I was going to give him some space. Things were getting too weird.”

Dabi watched as Hana continued to twirl her fork.

“How are things going at the restaurant?” Dabi’s eyes lifted from Hana’s plate to her face. Her cheeks were flushed from all the movement and her curls had turned into more of a large brown mop. Cute.

“It’s going great. Soft opening is going to be next Friday night. I booked a band, something chill for some background music.” Dabi smiled softly at her. “You’re coming right?”

“Of course!” Hana reached over to grab his forearm gently.

Dabi answered a phone call from Kai shortly after. Once he got off the phone, he told Hana that there had been a mix up with the liquor at one of the bars he owned.

“Can’t have a bar without booze on a Thursday night. I’ve gotta head out.” Dabi stood up and kissed Hana’s forehead gently. “Mind if I use the patio to exit? I got the feeling we were being watched earlier.”

Hana saw the smirk form across Dabi’s face. Probably wouldn’t be a bad idea. Avoid further chaos.

She nodded and walked with him towards the glass doors.

“I’ll see you tomorrow?”

“I’ll be here to pick you up around 2. Wear something that you won’t mind being outside in. Maybe pack a swimsuit.” He winked and climbed over the railing.

“Ooo. I can’t wait to find out what this big surprise is!” Hana walked towards him. She placed her hands around the railing and leaned over it to give him one last kiss.

His lips were slightly chapped from the wind blowing around them. He kept one hand on the railing and brought the other to loop around her neck. Their mouths were moving together in perfect synchrony. He brought his teeth to scrape over the swollen skin of her pink bottom lip.

Dabi pulled away and brought his hand to cup her face. He brushed a warm thumb over her lips.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, Kitten.”

Hana shuddered so deeply she felt her spine rattle. Dabi winked at her once more before falling backward into the sky. She watched as he used his flames to soften his landing.

Hana smiled down at him before going back inside. She stayed up for a while longer and heard Izuku get home from work around 9.

The Next Morning…

Katsuki woke up the next morning to an empty bed. Izuku had told him the night before that he would be going in the next day to keep working on the same case. He seemed excited so Katsuki didn’t complain. Doing well at work always made Izuku happy. It meant a lot to him that the police had asked to work with him specifically.

They shared empty words over take out that Izuku had picked up on his way home. Izuku had showered before dinner so Katsuki didn’t waste any time cleaning up. He threw all the leftovers in the fridge and did his best to ignore the small beam of light coming through the peephole with a clear view of Hana’s door.

Katsuki had expected Izuku to at least be waiting for him to join him in bed, but Izuku was already asleep.

So, when the blonde groaned and turned over in bed the next morning to check his phone, he already wasn’t in the best place mentally. He was feeling isolated and lonely.

Hana hadn’t text him again after he left her on read last night. Katsuki tensed when he realized he wasn’t even sure if he remembered hearing Dabi leave before he fell asleep.

Fuck, I’ve turned into the neighborhood creep.

He shuffled out of bed and took a steaming hot shower. The running water always soothed his mind. Once he was dried off, he wrapped the towel across his narrow waist and launched himself onto his bed. He buried his face into softness of the grey comforter and grunted loudly.

Hana had told him that they were taking things slow. If Dabi stayed the night, then maybe nothing happened. They could have just talked. Katsuki knew that he had no ground to stand on when it came to telling her what to do. They weren’t even talking right now…

Which made Katsuki feel even worse. Not being able to see her was one thing, but not being able to talk at all was worse. He wondered if she was okay. If this stalemate went on for weeks, would he see her on her birthday.

Would she spend it with Dabi?

That thought was enough to get Katsuki on his feet. He put on his signature outfit and stomped into his slippers on the way out the door. He had his keys in his pocket when he knocked on her door the first time.

No answer.

There was no sound of movement on the other side of the door. Maybe she left? Fuck no. It’s 7am. Where would she be going this early?

Katsuki knocked again. A little harder this time.

I swear to god if he is in there…

He used the side of his fist to deliver deep pounds to the wood of Hana’s door. He felt it creak on its hinges.

That’s it. He killed her and she’s dead in there.

Katsuki ripped the keys from his pocket and jammed them in the door. He pushed it open with a shove from both hands. Once inside, he still didn’t hear anything. No one running to collect articles of clothing, no music playing like there had been the night before. The silence was actually starting to bother him.

He scoffed at the empty living room and made a quick pace to the hallway. Hana’s bedroom door was shut. He gripped the handle and opened it with no hesitation.

Hana’s black out curtains made the room completely dark at all times when she had them drawn so he couldn’t see much. A beam of light from the windows in the living room fell on the bed. He saw a small hump in the blanket on the side of the bed that Hana usually slept on. Thank fuck.

Katsuki watched as the blanket rose and fell with Hana’s shallow sleepy breaths. Another plus, she’s alone and not dead.

He knew she was home, Dabi wasn’t here, and she was alive. I can leave now. But as his legs started to turn towards the door he stopped.

I could go home and spend another fucking day alone…or I could at least talk to her. It’d probably be creepy as fuck if she is actually asleep, and I just came in and left after watching her.

The blonde shrugged his shoulders and walked to the side of the bed opposite of Hana. He lifted his leg and placed it on top of the covers. Hana immediately felt the movement beside her and popped open her eyes.

“Katsuki!?”

The sudden noise made the blonde jump, his muscle control wavered, and he crashed onto the bed beside her.

“It’s me!” The blonde lifted his face up from where it had collided with the mattress. “Shit. I didn’t mean to scare you.”

“What do you mean you didn’t mean to scare me.” Hana turned around and flipped on a lamp. “You just came all the way into my bedroom while I was asleep. You could have said something! Or called!”

The blonde laid himself parallel beside her and crossed his arms over his chest.

“I beat on the goddamn door for 5 fucking minutes.” Katsuki huffed. “I thought you were dead!”

“Why the fuck would I be dead? You knew that I was home last night.” Hana threw a hand into the air and held it open beside her face.

“I didn’t hear that fucker leave last night. Who knows what he’s capable of?”

Hana rolled her eyes and dropped her body back down to the mattress. She turned onto her right side to face him with her arm curled up underneath her pillow.

“I think you busted into my apartment because you thought you would catch Dabi here.” Hana spoke flatly and poked at his solid stomach.

“ ‘Tch. That’s your business or whatever…” The blonde rubbed his nose and then cut his eyes to the left to get a read on Hana’s reaction.

She was looking at him with cocked eyebrows and a downward chin. Her curls were on top of her head in a messy bun. She was wearing one of his hoodies on top of one of his t-shirts. This is why I always have nothing to wear.

“Stop stealing my clothes!” Katsuki grabbed onto the strings of his hoodie and yanked Hana towards him. She brought her left hand to his firm chest. Her face had lost any shred of annoyance. She was smiling at him widely and the room suddenly seemed pretty bright.

“You’re the one that left them over here! It was in my closet and I was cold. End of story.” Hana pushed back on his chest. Katsuki held her in place and brought his face closer. He could see the flecks of gold in her eyes when he was this close. The slack in Hana’s sleepy face immediately tightened and blushed up red.

“Looks better on you than the one you were wearing the other night.” Katsuki was referring to Dabi’s hoodie that she wore into their apartment on accident. The blonde let out a small hiss of air across her cheeks before releasing his grasp on the strings.

Hana fell back to her side of the bed. She cleared her throat and sat up next to him.

“So, what are you doing here besides creeping? I thought we weren’t talking?” Hana loosened the face of the hoodie from where it had tightened around her neck.

“I’ve decided that not talking to you sucks. Not seeing you sucks more than that.” That came out a lot softer than I meant for it too. Hana turned her head to face him and gave him a soft smile. Her cheeks were still pink. Katsuki got lost looking for those gold flecks again. He recrossed his arms and turned straight ahead. “And I think Izu is ignoring me. He’s been at work for the last five days and doesn’t come home until late.”

“I’ve noticed that. He blew past me in the lobby yesterday morning. Thought about using the back door from now on…”

“So, you’re going to use the back door and the stairs?” Katsuki dropped his chin and smirked without making eye contact with her.

“Ouch. So, you caught onto that, huh?” Hana let her gaze fall forward as well. “You might have a small voyeurism kink, Kats.”

“I would tell you to shut the fuck up, but I think you might be right.” They both laughed and nudged elbows in Hana’s bed. “Just all this time alone. It’s driving me crazy. I thought it was supposed to help…but it’s literally turning me into a creep ass.”

An idea popped into Hana’s mind.

Katsuki felt her small hand grip onto his left bicep as she shot up straight in bed.

“What, dumbass?”

“I think I have the perfect plan to get you out of the house today. You need a break from all the thinking and neighborhood watch.” Hana let her fingers rhythmically bounce on his arm. “But first, you owe me waffles for scaring the shit out of me.”

Katsuki rolled his eyes.

“Then what?” He pinched at her the tip of her index finger.

“Then you’re going home to put on an outfit from all of those camping clothes you have been buying for the trip this spring because we are going hiking!” The blonde’s eyes perked up.

Getting out of the house would be fucking nice…and hiking? Fuck yea.

Katsuki followed Hana’s bouncing body with his eyes as she hopped out of bed and ran to her closet. He heard some bumps and a couple things falling.

“Ah! My boots! I found them. My precious’.” Hana squealed from the closet floor.

She’s excited.

Hana carried a pair of blue hiking boots with some clothes stacked on top of them out of the closet and dumped them on the bed. Her bright smile drooped when she saw Katsuki was still lying there with his arms crossed.

“Come on Kats!” Hana pleaded and came to his side of the bed to drop down next to him. “I’ve always wanted to go hiking with you. We haven’t done anything where it’s been just us in a while. You can go back to ignoring me tomorrow!”

Katsuki’s lips slightly turned upward at the corners when Hana said she had always wanted to go hiking with him. He really did want to spend time with her today, that’s why he didn’t leave when he had the chance to earlier. Before he looked like a certified stalker.

He thought about how he could tell Izuku later. Katsuki figured he wouldn’t be home until late anyway.

“Fuck it. Let’s go.”

Hana excitedly nodded her head and bounced on the mattress next to him.

“Blueberry waffles?” Katsuki winked and pulled Hana up from the bed with him.

After watching Hana eat half of a blueberry waffle, Katsuki changed into black joggers, a long sleeve grey shirt, and black boots. He packed them a lunch into his dark orange backpack that he got from a support item specialist at the agency. It was waterproof and had a charging port for their phones.

Hana put on her blue hiking boots, black leggings, a faded A Day to Remember t-shirt and a mustard yellow hoodie. She met Katsuki in the hallway at 9 am to start their epic hiking day.

“Where are we going anyway?” Katsuki looked at Hana as she got in the passenger seat of his white Subaru BRZ. The blonde was a fast car type of guy and how he drove it rattled Hana to her core. Something about the way his hand rested on the stick shift the entire time made her weak in the knees. And when he gripped it to move between gears…DAMN.

Hana gave him directions to the spot she had in mind. She had only been there once before. A couple weeks after moving to Japan. She had learned about it from some of her coworkers. They went out there one morning after a hellish night shift to kick back and have a couple drinks. They weren’t sober enough to make it to the top.

Katsuki rolled his eyes when Hana told him about how she found the place.

When they turned onto the gravel road Hana instructed him to pull off to the side. After walking up and down the dusty road she found the footworn path that led out into the woods.

It had been chilly that morning but the sun breaking through the trees helped to keep them warm. Katsuki refused to let Hana lead the way. He stomped ahead in front her, breaking down low hanging limbs and treading over fallen branches along the path.

“So, you used to hike with your dad a lot?” Hana held onto her backpack straps as she trailed behind the blonde.

“Yeah. He’s an old fucking hippie. Loves being out in nature. Don’t know how he ended up with a priss like the old hag.” Katsuki swatted at the 10th spider web he had walked into that day.

“Your mom is…strong willed. But she is sweet. I see how your dad probably balances her out. Old Masaru definitely used to hit the peace pipe back in the day.” Hana teased and pulled some spider web off of the blonde’s backpack.

“It would take more than some green to deal with my mom for all those years. I don’t see how he does it. The lady drives me fucking crazy.” Hana giggled lightly behind him. He looked up to squint his eyes at the sun blaring through the trees. “Even worse now that me and Izu are getting older. All she talks about is us getting married and grandkids and stuff. Like doesn’t she see we are out here kicking ass every day? Like we don’t have enough going on already?”

Hana tripped over a tree branch behind him. He cut his eyes back to check on her. She was looking at him with wide eyes as she balanced herself over the branch.

“Whoa, marriage and kids…that’s serious.” Hana smiled weakly. Katsuki thought about what he had said and turned back around. He shrugged his shoulders and went back to gracefully navigating the woods. “How do you feel about that?”

“I uh…I don’t know.” Katsuki picked a white flower from the bush to the right of their path and twirled it between his fingers. “It had been on my mind some, before…now. You know?”

Hana nodded and hummed behind him. Careful to step exactly where Katsuki had. She hadn’t been hiking in a while and her legs were burning from being inactive for so long. She was having trouble matching the blonde’s pace, but the burn felt good. It brought back the good memories of being out on some trails in the States. However, the good times vibe was being shaken by Katsuki’s talk of marriage to Izuku…and kids.

Homewrecker. That’s what I am.

Hana’s eyes rested on the back of the Katsuki. The sun hit the blonde lengths of his hair in a way that made them seem even brighter. His smooth skin was already turning pink around his neck.

He stopped in front of her to take off his long sleeve shirt.

Hana leaned on a nearby tree to observe.

He handed her his backpack, and she rested the heavy bag on top of her toes.

Katsuki began to peel off the outer layer. The tapered edge of his waist was exposed first. Sweat had gathered at the bottom of his grey tank top and it narrowed into a straight line that led all the way up between his broad shoulders. His muscles expanded as he brought his arms over his head. Little beads of sweat ran down the skin on the side of his pulsating neck. The way every part of his body worked together to remove the piece of clothing was like watching a moving art installation. Beautiful.

“What about you?” Katsuki bent over in front of an open-mouthed Hana to pick up his backpack.

“W-what about me?” Hana stumbled over her words and licked her lips as she followed Katsuki’s red eyes back to a standing position.

“You ever thought about marriage and kids and shit like that?” The blonde’s eyes folded over Hana’s face to a stray curl that had fallen out of place. He reached in front of her to move it. His finger brushed over her cheek and she felt her heart rock against her chest.

Hana cleared her throat and looked past him back to the trail.

“I’ve thought about it before.” Hana took a step past him. “More before I moved here…but a couple times since then.”

Katsuki followed behind her. Crunching leaves and twigs provided the only background noise for a few minutes.

“Do you believe in soulmates? Like there is only one person you’re meant to be with?” Katsuki reached ahead of her to knock down another spider web.

Hana smiled at the sweet notion and regained her steady pace.

“I used too, Kats.” Hana let the warmth of the sun on her face sink in for a second. “I used to have one, I think. But I don’t have him anymore…and that changed the way I think about soulmates.”

Hana let a few footsteps fill in for conversation while she continued to think about Katsuki’s question. The blonde took slower steps behind her in silence.

“I think that we come across many people in life that we can grow to love. Each of them having traits in common that remind you of your past ones. In lots of ways each love is different, but you feel it…deeper with some more than others.”

“That first love though, the one that makes you question if soulmates are real. That one hits different. Each one after that will always be compared to the heart singing, skin on fire feeling of the first.”

Katsuki let out a sigh behind her before quickening his pace to walk beside her. He grabbed onto her wrist lightly with just his thumb and first two fingers.

Hana turned her head slowly to meet his eyes. He peered shyly back at her.

“What does the love the comes after that one feel like?” Hana looked down at Katsuki’s fingers on her wrist. She could feel the heat coming off each one individually. “If you like know or whatever? Shit.”

Hana lifted her eyes and smiled softly at him.

“Honestly, Kats. I thought I would never feel it again and when I realized that was what I was feeling it scared the shit out of me.” The brunette moved her gaze ahead of them at the incline of the trail. “Scary. That’s how I would have described it at first. After that, it turned into wanting to be with that person all the time, thinking about them nonstop, every touch made my heart jump. Time started moving faster. It always does when you’re in love. Like you just want to freeze time to make it last forever.”

Hana felt Katsuki’s hand fall to intertwine their fingers.

“Time moves by a lot slower when you’re alone. Like the minutes just love to be wasted when you don’t have someone to spend them with. Practically torture.”

Hana brought her other hand to her necklace to run the jewels along the chain. She bit her lip and fought the incessant feeling to cry. Even though she thought her body couldn’t make tears anymore.

“Hana, are you—”

Hana brought the hand that had been at her neck to rest on top of their tangled hands below.

“I’m fine, Katsuki.” She did her best to smile. She added a hop to her step and turned to face him. “Today is about cheering you up and having fun. We aren’t supposed to be thinking about stuff, right?”

The blonde gave in to her changed mood and nodded back at her.

“We’re almost to the fun part. It’s like 15 minutes from the end of the hike but it’s worth it to stop there for a bit.” Hana trained her eyes on a set of worn, wooden steps that led down the mountain.

He followed her footsteps down the mix of wood and earth steps. When they got to the bottom, he moved his gaze to whatever had Hana smiling so big.

Across the round body of water in front of them was a towering waterfall. The sound of crashing water filled his ears. The sun fell easily down into the space surrounded by trees and dark sand. It hit the water and made it seem like it was the bluest he had ever seen in the middle of the woods.

Hana tugged at his hand excitedly.

“Wanna jump?”

Katsuki whipped his head around to look at Hana, bouncing in place. She was already letting her backpack slip off her shoulders and onto the ground.

“You want to jump from there? That’s crazy. It’s at least thirty feet high and we don’t know what we would be jumping into!” Katsuki threw his open palm out towards the water.

Hana indulged him and let go of his hand to walk towards the water’s edge. She furrowed her brows and peered off into it deeply.

“Hm. Looks deep enough.” She turned around and kicked off one boot then raised her leg to slip off the grey sock underneath before doing the same with her other foot.

“No way. Hana it’s the middle of October. That water is going to be freezing!” Katsuki took a step towards her.

Hana brought her hands to the hem of her hoodie and peeled it off quickly.

“Aww. Is blasty scared of being cold??” Hana gave him a pouty bottom lip and downturned eyes. Katsuki’s eyes trailed over the shirt she was wearing. He’d never seen it before. It was bigger than any of the shirts he and Izuku had. That beanpole Dabi couldn’t possibly wear clothes that big.

His eyes rolled off of it as Hana bent down to slip off her leggings. Katsuki’s mind forgot about every thread of that shirt. Hana’s slim, tan legs were reflecting every ray of sunlight in their path. He swallowed hard before looking back up at her smirking face.

“I’m not scared of getting cold Hana, but I don’t really feel like catching one.” Katsuki was on his last leg of protests and each piece of clothing Hana was ripping off was making it hard for him to keep fighting her.

“Oh. You’re scared of heights then. I can respect that.” Hana rolled her eyes at him and laughed to herself. She pulled the t-shirt over her head and held it under her arm as she dug through her backpack for her towel. When she found it, she stuffed all of her clothes inside and placed the towel on top.

“I’m not scared of shit.” Katsuki growled at her. He let his eyes fall over the light blue two-piece swimsuit Hana had been wearing under her clothes. So, she didn’t want to give me a heads up about the water activities. Was she hoping to see me in my boxers? Naught, naughty Hana.

I’m going to make this worth her scheming.

Katsuki made half-lidded eye contact with her as he pulled off each piece of clothing at an excruciatingly slow pace. Hana held his eyes for about .2 seconds before she got lost in the ripples and nips of skin being revealed in front of her. The blonde definitely had a body worth gawking at. 8-pack abs, rolling mountains of biceps, and toned thighs. All underneath a sharp jawline, ruby eyes, and smiling pink lips made to kiss. His red eyes beamed like neon signs with the absolute knowledge that he was tearing her apart.

Fuck me.

Hana released a breath that she had been holding throughout the blonde’s strip show. She was left panting in the aftermath.

“Do I look scared?” Katsuki growled at her over a raspy breath. Hana brought a finger to her lips in thought.

“HaNa itS coLd. I dOn”t WaNNa gEt SiCk.” Hana mocked at him and the chase was on.

She heard Katsuki grunting behind her as he chased her up the path to the top of the bluff. She giggled loudly as she felt his fingertips brush against the sensitive skin of her back.

The clearing of the edge of the giant rock was visible in front of her. It was next to the runoff of the waterfall.

“You ready?” Hana managed to get out between panting breaths as she ran.

“You’re just going to run off the edge!?” Katsuki spoke with absolute clarity behind her.The fucking pro-athleticism of heroes.

Hana’s bare feet felt the heat of smooth rock that had been basting in the sun. She was almost to the edge.

“Not run…JUMP!” Hana screamed as she felt herself turn and leap over the edge. She seemed to hang in midair. Long enough for Katsuki to jump immediately after her. Their smiling faces met as they began to fall, and he grabbed onto both of her hands quickly.

It seemed like the time they spent falling went by in slow motion. Blurred smiles, wind-blown laughs, and the heat of Katsuki’s hands over hers.

The cold water below collided with their feet first. They were both left breathless as they submerged into the icy, blue depth.

Hana opened her eyes once she felt the water surround her on all sides. Katsuki did the same and they exchanged bubbly smiles. He released their hands and they both swam to the surface.

“FUCKING SHIT IT’S COLD AS A FUCKING SON OF BITCH.” Katsuki brought his hand to his face to swipe away the water and push his hair back.

Hana laughed and swam around in front of him in circles. She found a rock to stand on and balanced herself. She brought her hands up to her hair to pull it out of the soaked tangled bun. She then dipped herself backwards into the water to smooth it out long behind her.

“So long.” Katsuki mumbled from somewhere next to her. She cut her eyes to the right to see him watching her actions in wonder. “Your hair i-it’s crazy long when it’s wet. I’ve never noticed before.”

“That’s how curls work, Kats. Longer when wet.” She giggled as he swam over behind her and let his hand disappear into the darkness of her hair underwater.

“Soft.” Katsuki flashed her a smile. “I like it.”

“Are you saying my hair isn’t soft all the time!?” Hana splashed him with icy water. He brought his hand out of the dark depths of her hair to splash her back.

“No! No! It is, it’s just different like this!” Hana forgave him for misspeaking and they splashed each other for a few minutes. Katsuki dunked her for bringing up his imaginary fear of heights again. The swam to the bottom to see how deep it was. The water down there seemed to be about 2 degrees. Hana almost drowned after Katsuki screamed about a shark biting him. It was a tree branch.

Eventually Hana swam towards the loud crashing of water.

“You wanna swim underneath? It’s cool to watch it hit the water from below.” Hana nodded her head in the direction she was going.

“Hell yea.” Katsuki swam behind her. Unsurprisingly, his well-formed back muscles and increased lung capacity helped him beat her there.

Fucking aliens, all of them. Hana thought as she dived underneath the waterfall to meet Katsuki on the other side. He was sitting on a rock, halfway submerged in water inside of the little cave that was behind the falling water.

He gave Hana a hand to help her crawl up beside him.

They sat there for a minute in silence to listen to the echoes of crashing water inside the cave. Katsuki held her hand in his lap and brushed his thumb over the lengths of her fingers. She dropped her head to rest on his shoulder.

She thought about all of the time she had spent in the great outdoors. Most of it was with people she loved or strangers she had met along the trail. Today she was here with Katsuki. Something she had wanted to do for so long. She had him here to herself. His smile the whole day had been light and bright like she had always thought it would be.

Hana was able to indulge in the feelings they shared with one another. She loved being there for Katsuki when he wanted to talk to her. She believed his anger stemmed from not having a good handle on his emotions. When he couldn’t understand something right off the bat he lashed out. But after he talked with someone about it, he calmed down. Well, half of the time at least.

She liked that fire in him. Even though he wasn’t as calm and collected as Dabi, he still knew who he was. He couldn’t change for anyone else. He had his own way of working through things.

Katsuki made her feel safe. Hana had always been outgoing and never let anything scare her away but moving to the other side of the globe came with its fair share of uncertainties. Once she met the blonde, she slept soundly at night. Knowing that he was right across the hall. The more protective he became of her, the more Hana shamelessly leaned into it. Aggressive protector was more or less her type.

He also strived to be the best. The best hero, the best boyfriend, the best cook, and the best friend he could be to Kiri. Whatever he was trying to be to Hana, he was doing everything he could to be the best at that too. That quality in him reminded Hana of somebody she used to know.

“Are you cold, Hana? You’re shivering and that teeth chattering is louder than the damn waterfall.” Katsuki lifted his shoulder against her ear to bring her back from her thoughts.

Hana sat up and noticed the goosebumps covering her arms and legs. Her nail beds were a pretty light purple.

“Maybe a little.” Hana smiled down at her lap and smiled.

“You ready to swim back? We can eat lunch at the top.” Katsuki nudged her again with his round shoulder.

“Yeah. Sounds good.” Hana looked over her shoulder to meet his eyes. They sparkled in the reflection of the water. So beautiful.

They slipped off the rock and swam beneath the waterfall. By the time they reached the water’s edge Hana was convinced that she could cough, and an icicle would come up from her lungs.

They dried off and talked about how they would have to come back in the summer. It would be a perfect place to spend a hot day. Hana ducked off into the woods to change back into her clothes. She joked with Katsuki about not giving him another “Naked Hana” story for him to tell Izuku about.

They both winced lightly when she mentioned the greenette’s name.

Katsuki was fully dressed in dry clothes when she returned. They hit a mean pace for the rest of the hike. Katsuki was starving. Hana was secretly excited to sit down for a while. The swimming and hike up here had worn her out. She chalked it up to having to turn her sleep schedule around from work and physical exhaustion.

The two made it to the top and Hana spread out a thin linen picnic blanket she always kept in her pack. It was blue and white striped with little tassels on the end.

Once it was flat on the ground, they both dropped onto it heavily. Katsuki dug down to the bottom of his backpack to retrieve two bento boxes.

He handed Hana hers before opening his own.

She opened it to see ramen, avocado rolls and edamame. Katsuki liked to extend her palate beyond pasta and frozen meals. She hadn’t eaten much lately and most of her meals consisted of the latter.

“This looks delicious. Thanks Kats.” Hana grabbed the chopsticks from the lid of the box and twirled them around in the noodles before looking out at the view.

“Ah, ah. You’re going to eat all of that. I don’t know what you’ve been up to for the past few days but before that I couldn’t tell you the last time I saw you halfway finish a meal.” Katsuki tapped the lid of her bento and smiled at her with devilish charm. “Come on, Hana. You’re almost translucent and I whooped your ass on the way up here. I thought you were a pro-hiker or something. You’ve gotta eat if you wanna compete with me, dumbass.”

Hana rolled her eyes and brought the food up to her mouth.

“Everything’s a competition with you, Kats.” Hana chewed the yummy bite and washed it down with some water. “I just haven’t been that hungry lately.”

You know what that means, Hana. You’re slipping.

“I’ve noticed.” Katsuki cut her a glance between bites. “What’s up with that?”

Hana took a bite of a sushi and swallowed it before answering him. She shrugged her shoulders.

“Just stress. Dealing with stuff, you know?” She finished the sushi and popped a few edamame in her mouth.

Katsuki finished the last of his ramen and leaned back into his palms.

“I can fucking understand that.” Katsuki huffed to blow a piece of wet blonde hair out of his face. “I think this thing is stressing all of us out.”

“I know I said that I wasn’t going to talk about anything heavy anymore, but have you realized anything earth shattering yet?” Hana finished her second sushi roll and sat the bento in front of her. Katsuki rolled his eyes as she leaned back onto her palms beside him.

“So far I have realized that both of you are amazing and I am a fucking dick.” Hana choked on a breath and brought her chin to her chest to sneak a laugh at him. “I mean really, Hana. I’ve really fucked myself this time. Izuku’s dodging me. I don’t even know how to act around him anymore when we are together. I wish you were coming tomorrow so I could have someone to talk to while he keeps avoiding me and Round Face gives me the fucking evil eye.”

Hana put her weight into one hand to place the other onto the blonde’s shoulder. She decided that it was good to just hear Katsuki vent, so she ignored the heavier parts of his statement.

“Yea, I kind of figured he had told her by the overwhelming about of petty Sunday night.” Hana rolled her eyes and dropped her hand back to the ground behind her. “If I came tomorrow, she’d just have one more person to give the stink eye to.”

“Oh. You mean Sunday night when you sauntered in smelling like a joint in Frankenstein’s jacket?” Katsuki sucked his teeth and dropped his forehead to give her a scathing look.

“Hey! I thought we were past the name calling and who are you? Uravity’s side kick?.” Hana adjusted herself on her hands and focused her gaze back out onto the beautiful landscape in front of them.

“Why are you dating him, Hana?” Katsuki pushed himself off of his hands and brought his knees up to his chest to wrap his arms around them loosely.

Hana took a deep breath and sat up to fold her legs in front of her. She dropped her gaze to her hands in her lap.

“Originally? I was doing it to try to move on. Watching you and Izu be so happy.” Hana hid a small frown over what used to be. “How I felt about you…was making that harder and harder to watch. If I had of known how you felt about me before I agreed to it…I probably wouldn’t have. I never would have thought that I had a chance. A real chance. With you.” Hana rung out her hands and adjusted her weight on her hips.” Then when Izuku brought it up that night… I felt like I was helping him or making him feel better in some way.”

Katsuki groaned next to her and dropped his head onto his knees.

“But he’s not to blame, Kats.” Hana brought a cold hand to his shoulder. “I chose to keep dating him on my own. I am the only one responsible for that…and for liking him.”

The blonde’s head popped up and his eyes focused on her sharply.

“He’s got a past; I know that but so do I.” Hana smoothed her thumb over the soft material of Katsuki’s shirt where it dipped into his collarbones. “He and I are both kind of just existing together, until you figure something out, I guess. He’s very understanding of that. Izu is just so good for you. He’s happy, competes with you in a way that I can’t, and you guys have so much history—”

Katsuki placed a hot hand on top of her cold one.

“Why do I feel like even you are rooting for Izu and not yourself?” Katsuki gazed into her eyes and Hana saw a flicker of something in his that she had seen a few times before. Hurt.

“Because I have had what you and Izu have right now.” Hana swallowed a breath to steady her shaky voice. “I’ve had that soulmate kind of first love, and I fucking lost it. It’s beautiful and innocent and you grow with it for years and years until you talk about things like marriage and kids. I know how good it is.”

Hana brought her other hand to her necklace and Katsuki followed her shaky movements with his red eyes. She gripped it gently. He had seen someone move like that before. His mom did it a lot with a ring his grandmother had given to her. Mitsuki would twirl it around her small finger whenever they talked about the older hag. She did it a lot more after his grandmother died…

“You still have yours, Kats.” Hana shivered and inhaled cool air. “I know how good Izuku is, and I don’t want you to throw what you have with him away for someone like me.”

Katsuki brought his other hand to cradle her left thigh, he could feel her trembling. If Hana's first love died, that could be why she acts like she is so goddamn against herself and why she doesn't want me to leave Izu. But those two situations are nothing alike... He looked softly into her eyes as he spoke.

“But you said that there is no such thing as soulmates and the way you described the love you found after your first one sounds just as fucking amazing, Hana. You talk about yourself like you’re some old hag. We’re the same age. I think whatever you have been through really hurt you, but maybe our situations are just different. If I make the choice to leave Izu then I’m doing it because I really believe in the life you and I could fucking have.” The blonde moved his hand from where it had been covering hers to drape over her shoulders and pull her closer to him. “You’re fucking freezing again.”

Hana hadn’t noticed when her teeth started chattering. She breathed in the sweet smell of nitroglycerin seeping out of his skin. Hana let the words Katsuki said ring between her ears for a few seconds.

I really believe in the life you and I could fucking have.

“Kats, I just don’t want you to get hurt or regret letting him go…but I won’t exactly be mad at you if you do…decide to have a life with me.” Katsuki leaned his head forward to see her face. Hana was burying a smile into the crook of his neck and the brush of her lips against his skin made him blush. He didn’t even try to hide it. A smile spread across his lips. He watched her curl against him as the colors of the sky melted behind her face. The light from the early fall setting sun ignited gold embers in her eyes.

He loved her. He would jump into as many freezing waterfalls and eat as much as pasta as it would take to make her happy. Being with her today made everything seem clearer. Hana was patient with him. Didn’t get overwhelmed when he got upset. Stopped him when she could tell things were getting too heavy. She balanced out his fire.

Hana peaked up from the shelter she had made in his neck. Katsuki was watching her with blown out eyes. The sun setting in front of them made beautiful shadows dance across his face. The gentle part between his lips looked so inviting. She wanted to kiss him and be absorbed into his warmth.

Hana loved his bold energy. His strength. How he knew he could conquer the world. She wanted to show it to him. She wanted to wake up to his messy hair and slouchy pants. She wanted to spend every minute with him and get to know everything about him. Even though she knew him pretty well, she wanted every part of him. She could help him carry everything on his shoulders. His job, his goals, his dreams. She wanted to help make all of them come true. Hana wanted to love him forever.

Neither of them noticed they had shifted closer together.

Had Katsuki pulled her closer with the crook of his elbow?

When did the brunette’s hand move from her necklace to cup the left side of Katsuki’s face?

All Hana’s eyes were focused on now was the gentle part between the blonde’s slightly chapped lips. They looked delicious and warm.

Katsuki wasn’t aware of anything but the number of glittering flecks of gold in Hana’s eyes.

A twig snapped behind them and Hana jumped. Her gaze broke from Katsuki’s lips up to his red eyes. Her sudden movement jarred him, and he pulled her closer. His blush deepened as he cleared his throat.

“Should we start heading back?” Hana stretched out her legs and brought her hand down to his chest.

“Y-yea. We probably should.” Katsuki laughed under his breath. He released his grip around Hana’s shoulders and stretched his arms out wide. “Are you uh..warm enough to make it back?”

“Mm. Definitely.” Hana giggled and started to collect their things.

The hike back seemed to go by faster. It always does. Their hands were clasped together between them and they swung wildly with each step of their fast pace. Hana asked Katsuki if he knew what Kiri had planned for his actual date with Mina if she said yes tomorrow. The blonde told her that Kiri had booked them a private dinner at the aquarium downtown. Mina was obsessed with sharks. Kiri liked to think it was because of his teeth. They both laughed loudly at Kiri’s observation.

They talked about Hana’s birthday and if she wanted the same food as last year. Hana brought up the idea of doing an American Style Thanksgiving Dinner.

Hana had gone with the guys to their families Labor Thanksgiving Holiday the year before where they had rice, fish, and tea. They were all amused when Hana asked about turkey and stuffing.

Katsuki felt challenged by the idea of making such a big meal but he was also excited by it. He winked and told Hana he’d look into it. That would go well with the pumpkin pie he was planning on making.

When they reached the car, Hana felt the crystals forming in her lungs again. Katsuki turned the heat on full blast, and they were on the road headed back home.

It was almost 7 by the time they made it to their building. Katsuki had stopped to pick them up some hot coffee along the way. Hana had both hands wrapped around the warm cup. Katsuki had his large hand cradled around her thigh for most of the ride.

When they pulled around back to his usual parking spot, he let his hand linger there for a few more seconds. Hana smiled at him softly and reached over to tousle his hair. It had dried a little crazy from the wind on the way down. The way it was blown up made him look like a frazzled Pomeranian. Handsome still, with a light essence of show dog.

He smiled back at her before getting out and running around to her side of the car to open the door for her.

“Whoa. Was this a date?” Hana smirked as she got out of the car. Katsuki blushed and rubbed the back of his head. He didn’t know where the sudden need to open Hana’s door had come from. He just gave into it.

“Easy. Be easy, Kats. I’m just messing with you.” Hana reached into the backseat to hand him his backpack before throwing hers over her shoulder. Before she felt it rest against her back, it disappeared. Katsuki had taken it from her and thrown it over his other shoulder.

“Whoa. Are you going to try to give me a kiss goodnight too?” Hana teased.

Katsuki’s blush deepened even more. He bit his lip and threw his head back in anguish.

“Honestly, I don’t think I’m in control of my own fucking body anymore.” The blonde blinked several times before dropping his gaze back down to Hana’s face.

She was smiling at him widely and her laughter was making it hard to keep her coffee cup level. They started their walk into the building and Gary gave them a strange look. Judgey, Chatty Gary.

When the elevator doors opened to their floor Hana and Katsuki were doubled over, laughing about Kiri busting his ass at the bar last week. They stumbled to Hana’s door and she slipped her backpack off of the blonde’s shoulder. She let it fall to the floor beside them.

“Thanks for today, Hana. I needed it.” Katsuki leaned against the wall next to her. Hana could feel her heart racing from the blonde’s comment. Today really had been everything she thought it would be.

“Yea…I needed it too.” Hana smiled softly. “You’re gonna have to do some more convincing before I believe that you aren’t scared of heights though.” Hana poked at Katsuki’s side with a small finger.

“Shut the fuck up, loser.” Katsuki wasted no time in tickling her back. Hana twisted and twirled in front of him to escape his grasp. “Try to come and wish Kiri luck tomorrow. It’s gonna suck without you.”

“I’ll try. Once he tells me what the plan is for tomorrow, I’ll send you a text.” Katsuki watched as Hana bent down to dig her keys out of her pack.

Sketchy fuck, never tells her where they are going.

He didn’t want the day with her to end. He didn’t know if it was the time spent away from his apartment, his darling peephole, or if it was being alone with Hana, but his mind felt clearer than it had in weeks. He hadn’t called himself a dick in his own head all day. Each minute he spent holding her hand only served to make his heart lighter inside of his chest.

That was the only way he could touch her that resulted in a tolerable amount of guilt. He knew he shouldn’t have. Holding Hana at the top of the mountain was too much. He almost made a mistake. They both almost did. But it didn’t feel like it at the time…only after.

Still, holding her hand made him a dick. He would have to think about that all night when his boyfriend got home, if he wasn’t already inside…

But as the blonde watched Hana, bent over facing him, his eyes lulled over where her hair had split to either side of her shoulders revealing the steppingstones of her spine that he liked. He could see the rosy flush of her cheeks from all of the laughter and their day spent in the sun. He had time to think about how Hana’s body had felt pressed up against him at the top of the mountain. How he followed her blithe smile over the edge of a bluff.

He felt shitty about all of it.

Terrible even.

But for just a second…he thought about doing something more worthy of his guilt.

Katsuki pushed his backpack all the way behind him as he took a step towards Hana. He hadn’t told his body to move, but he was on a steady path forward. When Hana stood back up, she came face to face with the blonde. His eyes were low, and they were focused on her. He brought two large, strong hands to the sides of her neck and pulled her flush against him. The third and fourth fingers of each hand overlapping on the back of her neck. His right thumb brushed gently over her bottom lip.

Her golden eyes locked with his instantly. She didn’t try to pull away, she only gazed back at him with her lips slightly parted. Face violently flushed. Eyebrows slightly raised. He wanted to hold her there for as long as he could. Pick up where he had left off counting the gold flecks in her eyes earlier. Feel the ticking beat of her heart against his chest. His own was beating so hard he thought it would almost kick through some door he didn’t know he existed in his sternum and leave. He had her in this moment. Just the two of them. No one else watching. His mind was splitting between what his brain knew he shouldn’t do and what his heart-, no fuck that. What his entire fucking body wanted.

“Wha- “Hana tried to speak to ask Katsuki why he had gotten so close, but he covered her words with his mouth. His own mind seconds behind him.

Hana’s body stiffened immediately. He could tell she was shocked, stalled out. Probably having the same fight with guilt Katsuki was having a few seconds ago. That was okay. He had already jumped without looking down. She’d follow him over the edge soon enough. The blonde left a bruising kiss on her lips. He felt their teeth collide where Hana’s lips had been partially opened. He hadn’t intended to be so rough; Hana didn’t seem to mind. He tilted his head back and opened his eyes enough to see Hana’s foggy gaze shifting up and down between his eyes and lips. Their lips were but barely separated. Each breath they took felt like a whisper against them.

When her focus was on his eyes, it seemed like she was asking him a question. The corner of her lip would quiver like she was struggling to get her mouth to form the words. Maybe because she couldn’t, maybe because she didn’t want to ask him anything at all.

But when her eyes dropped down to his lips…

Hana’s face unraveled into the utter definition of lust. Everything about her was heavy with it.

Katsuki heard Hana’s keys drop to the floor.

She snaked her arms up between them to place her hands on Katsuki’s wrists and pull his mouth back down to her. This time the way their lips met was just rough enough. His knees buckled as the feeling of her tongue slipping into his mouth left him breathless. Katsuki liked being in control but he would bend to Hana’s will sometimes. The kiss started out fast and only got faster. Lips on teeth, teeth sinking into lips. He loved the feeling of Hana’s bottom lip between his teeth. Like he could gnaw into its springy pout. It would always bounce back. If he happened to leave bite marks or hickies…Hana could just heal them away. He believed that she sort of liked that kind of thing…wearing the marks around for a while. She had done it with Katsuki and Izuku first. Then, he figured, with Dabi…

The thought of him elicited Katsuki’s grip to tighten around Hana’s small neck. The muscles surrounding her throat spasmed and she released an inward moan. The syrupy noise brought heat to rise in the blonde’s abdomen, then lower.

Katsuki pulled away and opened his eyes again to see just how lost to lust Hana was at this point. She craned forward at the loss of touch. Her lips wet, heavy, and red. Her hands pulled at his wrists again to see if she could draw him back to her. He reveled in seeing her need him.

After a few seconds pass of watching Hana’s eyes crawl over him hungry and wanting, Katsuki gave in to their mutual temptation. He kept the tight grip on her neck and pivoted on his muscled left leg to push Hana backwards into her own door. The sound she made as his weight fell against her and their hips moved against one another was absolutely guttural. Katsuki released one of his strong hands from Hana’s neck to replace it with his mouth. He sucked on the tender skin there. Her hands groped at the muscles of his lower back. There was a spot at the very intersection of her neck and delicate collarbones that always made Hana moan and whine. He found it easily. Her thigh quivering between his legs was the tell.

“Kats!”

He licked at the sacred place at first. Teasing her with his warm tongue.

“Katsuki!”

He sunk his teeth in for her using his whole name. He was annoyed by the nickname Kats in the early months of their friendship, but once he heard it said another way…in broken moans, through gritted teeth, and in blurry visioned pleasure his opinion changed.

“Bakugou!!”

What the fuck?

Katsuki’s eyes fluttered open to see Hana’s closed lips. In his periphery, he absorbed the familiar surroundings and furnishings. They were in the hallway of their building. He was still leaned against the wall, although his posture had fallen forward some, with his backpack hanging by a thread to his shoulder.

“Shit.” Katsuki shook his head a few times. He felt like he had been ripped from a dream. His eyes refocused on Hana’s face. Her keys jingled from her right hand. Her eyes weren’t half-lidded with lust and there were no teeth marks on her bottom lip.

He had been ripped from a dream.

He could tell from Hana’s shuffling feet and averted gaze that he had probably been staring at her unconsciously for seconds, minutes? He didn’t fucking know.

“You okay? You were kinda zoned out there.” Hana brought a hand to scratch the top of her head. Her keys slipped out of her hand and Katsuki’s eyes widened as he watched them fall.

The nails-on-a-chalkboard noise they made when they hit the ground made his chest feel tight. It was either that, or the absolute rapture of guilt that suddenly fell over him. The kiss hadn’t actually happened. It didn’t happen. Izuku isn’t here. He doesn’t know.

Fuck, even if he was here all he would have seen is me drooling and staring at Hana in the hallway. He can’t read minds. Although, that image can only be translated in 1 of 2 ways. Hot, wet daydream or cannibalism. And I am not a fucking cannibal.

 

“It’s okay, Kats.” Hana leaned forward to press her palms against his chest. “When I asked if you were going to give me a goodnight kiss, I was only joking. I didn’t mean to actually freak you out.”

Katsuki couldn’t hide the blush on his cheeks, but he also couldn’t take his eyes off of her.

Her face was honest, even a little shy. She gazed down at her hands on his chest. She let her hair fall past her shoulders and in front of his eyes to obscure his view of her. How he had been looking at her for the last few minutes made Hana feel like her chest was on fire.

Katsuki could see the blush on her cheeks through damp brown ringlets. He shook himself the rest of the way loose from his mind.

“I didn’t uh…mean to just check out on you like that.” Katsuki flashed her a shy smile. “But I was definitely fucking thinking about…what you said.”

“Yea. I kind of figured that.” Hana’s fingers pressed harder against his chest. “I was too…but we can’t. You know?”

Katsuki leaned harder against the wall. Hana moved with him.

His hand slipped around one of Hana’s on his chest. He thought about how cold she had been earlier after they got out of the water. Teeth chattering and purple nails. He hated when he touched her and she felt like that. Katsuki was always warm, part of his quirk. He wondered if she felt like that often, without him.

The blonde let his backpack fall as he swept Hana up into his arms. She gasped at the sudden action. Her face was cradled next to the soft thump of Katsuki’s heart where her hands had been. They were now tucked around the small of his waist. Katsuki breathed a sigh into the brunette’s hair, and she let herself sink into his arms.

For some reason, there wasn’t many other things that Hana had experienced lately that made her feel as good as hugging Katsuki did. It made her world stop. Sometimes, she swore that it made her quirk work better. Hana healed her best when she was healthy and warm. Somehow, she was always lacking in one of those departments…

“Goodnight Hana.” Katsuki squeezed her once more and let his fingertips drag over the bumps of her spine with both hands. Hana felt her nerves scream, but she found the strength to let him go.

“Goodnight Kats.” She smiled at him softly. They both bent down to collect all of their dropped belongings. He turned his back to her quickly to put his keys in the door. I’m losing control. I really thought I kissed her.

Hana stayed in the hallway for a second longer to watch Katsuki slip inside his door. Her mind void of any other though besides what he said to her earlier.

I really believe in the life you and I could fucking have.

She chose to forget about the big “if” that came before the statement for the rest of the night.

 

Katsuki entered his apartment with even more dread than he had when letting Hana go. It was dark. He flipped on the light switch. Izuku’s keys weren’t hanging by the door. His wallet wasn’t on the console table.

Izuku hadn’t made it home yet.

That fact didn’t bring Katsuki as much peace as he thought it would. He dropped his backpack onto the floor. Then leaned against the door behind him before bringing his sweaty palms to his eyes.

What the fuck was that Katsuki?

The blonde felt the gravity of everything that he had felt lighten when he was climbing the mountain and swimming under a freezing waterfall with Hana press down onto him once more. It was even heavier now. He felt crushed by it. His legs began to shake as he tried to hold himself up.

Katsuki took a deep breath and steadied himself. His hands fell limp to his sides. His mind narrowed on one single thought. He released everything else with a single exhale.

That was a fucking date.

Notes:

Gotcha with that one ;)

Chapter 15

Summary:

“Are you okay, Hana?” Shoto bent down to look into her eyes, but she turned her back to him.

Before Izuku shoved Katsuki in the car by his face, the blonde heard Shoto’s unanswered question. By the time the door shut behind him, he had found Hana’s face in the distance. She had a hand over her mouth and her back to everyone else, but from his side view of her he watched her first tear fall.

“Fuck.” Katsuki whispered as Izuku threw himself down into the driver’s seat.

Notes:

**** STOP HERE FIRST***

1. Please follow the link to watch this tiktok before reading. It's necessary to understand what I'm trying to describe is happening between Hana and Dabi in the beginning. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJF_G_pfjBg

2. I could not figure out how to hyperlink my songs. Edit: The first one works. They will be linked at the bottom if you really want to feel the mood. The stars "***" denote when to start playing them.

3. This is the biggest chapter I have written so far, but it's also my favorite. This whole thing was the dream that kind of started it all. I would love love to hear what you guys think of it. Also, don't hate me. This is the beginning of the chaos I was talking about.

4. I'm going to cut back to only posting once a week. As my chapters get bigger, the time it takes to write them has increased. I really enjoy writing but I've gotta work and sleep to pay the bills xDD

5. I'm going to mess around with the tags to show all the "relationships" and possibilities more accurately.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

At 11:30 the next morning, Katsuki was loading a cooler and picnic basket into the small trunk of his car. Izuku was fumbling towards him from the back door of their apartment building with two lawn chairs, an overflowing backpack, and three 2 liters that had been refilled with margarita mix.

Despite his efforts, something was about to fall. He tightened his grip around the three bottles of liquid courage and heard one of the lawn chairs bite the dust.

A laugh from behind him echoed through the parking garage and he craned his neck to turn around.

Hana had been on her way to the dumpster to get rid of a sour bag of leftovers from her fridge. She tossed the rank bag into the dumpster and picked up the fallen camping essential.

“You guys headed to meet up with Kiri?” Hana fell into step with Izuku as he struggled to finish his overloaded adventure to Katsuki’s car.

“Yeah.” Izuku mumbled over the three bottles he was holding tight to his chest. He hadn’t seen Hana in days, and he felt terrible about snubbing her in the lobby that morning. However, Hana seemed unphased and comfortable with him, so he met her mood. “We told him we would get there early to help him set up and get a good spot.”

Katsuki popped his head up from the trunk to figure out who his boyfriend was talking to. When his eyes fell on Hana, he felt the back of his head collide with the latch on his trunk.

“Fuck.” Katsuki winced at the pain and placed a hand over his taillight to hold himself up.

“Kacchan, are you okay?” Izuku dropped everything from his arms into the trunk and brought a hand to the back of his boyfriend’s head.

“Damn Kats. That’s gonna leave a mark.” Hana leaned a hip against the side of the blonde’s car.

Katsuki smirked and placed a hand over his boyfriend’s. The blonde had been a mumbling mess around the apartment all morning. He was already at a loss for words around Izuku, but yesterday with Hana had made it worse. Hana’s presence, although it spooked him at first, seemed to help him regain his footing.

“I thought that was what we have you for, Hana.” The brunette giggled and Izuku smiled lightly up at his boyfriend. “Nah. I’m okay. Just a bump, I can recover from that one on my own.”

Izuku moved his gaze over to Hana. He liked that Katsuki hadn’t asked her to use her quirk. She was still in her usual leggings and oversized t-shirt. Her hair was blowing around her face in the brisk wind. He raised his eyebrows at her ensemble.

“Guess you aren’t coming today?” The greenette stepped away from the end of the car so Katsuki could close the trunk. Hana moved back as well and crossed her arms over her chest. The goosebumps on her arms felt like tiny ants as she rubbed her hands over them.

“If I come by it won’t be until later. Dabi is picking me up at 2 to go wherever it is that we are going.” Hana thought about how Katsuki had asked her the same thing when they got back to the apartments last night. She remembered his zoned out red face with blown out eyes. If that wasn’t an eyefucking. I don’t know what is. Her face blushed and she brought a hand to it to pull a few hairs from her mouth. She could see Katsuki shifting in place awkwardly behind Izuku. “But I did text him good luck this morning!”

Katsuki blushed at the same memory Hana was thinking about. He hadn’t told Izuku yet that he had spent all of yesterday with the brunette. He was going to, but he wanted to enjoy the moment for a little while longer. It was the only thing that had held him together all night.

Katsuki focused his eyes on the stuffed backpack his boyfriend was still carrying. He brought his hand around the one empty strap to pick up it up.

“Gimme that, nerd.” The greenette smiled at his sweet gesture, but very Kacchan charm.

“Okay, well text us when you find out if you’re coming by or not.” Izuku grinned widely and followed Katsuki around to the passenger side of the car. Hana watched as the blonde threw the backpack into the backseat and held the door open for the greenette to get inside. Izuku turned around to smile and wave innocently at Hana once more before disappearing into the car.

Hana felt the pang of jealousy stab into her spine. She knew she couldn’t justify the feeling. Katsuki doing the same sweet notions to her the day before was clouding her judgement. Be a friend Hana, be a fucking friend.

Hana bent down to give a wide smile to Izuku through the driver’s side window. When Katsuki rounded the side of the car he had a tortured look on his face. His eyes were downturned, and he was picking at a pit of skin on the corner of his lip.

Hana pinched herself and cleared her throat.

“I hope you guys have fun today, Kats.” Hana rolled backwards on her heels to walk away.

“Wish me luck. I can feel Round Face’s evil eye from here. If she floats me into the oblivion keep an eye in the sky for me.” Hana dropped her chin to her chest to choke back a laugh. She gave him a two-finger wave and turned around to walk inside.

“See ya, Kats.”

“Yea. Bye Hana.” The blonde whispered as he opened his car door.

Izuku was inside fumbling through radio stations. He settled on a station that was playing Doja Cat.

“That didn’t seem too awkward between you and Hana. I’m glad she’s been so cool about giving you space. I think it’s helping. You seem…better. Besides whooping your own ass with the trunk.” Izuku poked a finger into his boyfriend’s ribs.

Katsuki cranked the car and settled back into the seat. He looked into his own eyes in the rearview. I can’t lie to him all day.

“Izu, I um…saw Hana yesterday.” The greenette quickly withdrew his finger. He focused his gaze out the front window. “I was tired of being alone in the apartment. Neither of you were talking to me. I just felt so fucking crazy. I was looking out the peephole and shit.” Izuku cut him a concerned face. “I just needed to talk and get out of there. We went on a hike nearby and swam for a while. Hana actually told me some stuff about a relationship that she had been in and it helped. It gave me some clarity or whatever the fuck.”

Katsuki rubbed at his temples and silently waited for Izuku’s response to his edited confession.

“I’m not mad that you saw her, but I am disappointed that you waited to tell me about it.” Izuku rung his hands around his own wrists. “I am glad that she was able to give you some helpful insight. I’m sure that wasn’t easy for her to talk about her past with you. If it helped you…deal with all of this then that’s okay. I knew you wouldn’t be able to avoid her forever. I just worry about you guys having more time together than I have with you…”

Izuku moved his gaze to the passenger side window. He was sniffling and fighting with the tears on his lash line in silent anguish.

“That’s kind of why I haven’t been around this week.” Izuku peered over tear brimmed eyes to get a glimpse of his boyfriend listening closely. “Sunday night when you told Kiri the truth. I felt like you didn’t need me anymore. You having someone else to talk to about all of this intimidated me. I thought maybe you should lean on Kiri for a while. Maybe he could help you through this better than I could. I could tell that you hated the idea of taking space away from Hana and I thought you would hate me for it. When she saw me in the hallway that night, listening in on your conversation, I saw her give you the cold shoulder. I know that hurt you…”

“Izu…” Katsuki placed a warm hand against the greenette’s cheek. “I figured you were worried about that. I wish you would have fucking told me, but I told you I didn’t want you giving me space. I meant it, nerd. No one else could help me through this better than you. I think Hana feels that way too. Hell, Hana is rooting for you in this thing more than anyone else. She knows how amazing you are, just as well as I know it.”

Izuku slowly turned to face his boyfriend. Hana wants him to stay with me?

“Look, I know I’m the biggest dick in the whole world. This is all my fault, but I think I’m getting closer to figuring out what I want…I just need a little more time.” Katsuki let his hand fall down to grasp Izuku’s shoulder. His gaze into the greenette’s eyes was warm. He seemed honest and moved by whatever he had talked about with Hana. It made Izuku feel better that Katsuki wasn’t as anxious and angry as he had been a few days ago.

“Okay, Kacchan. Take all the time you need.” Izuku kissed the blonde’s cheek softly. Katsuki’s grip on his boyfriend’s shoulder tightened for a second as Izuku withdrew from his face.

Katsuki smiled at him weakly. His eyes twitched, but soon they were beaming back at Izuku. He widened his smile before turning back to the wheel. In minutes they were on the road to the park.

A Few Hours Later…

Hana was in the passenger seat of Dabi’s jeep. Kai was in the seat behind her whistling lightly as he let his bare hand float in the air outside the open window. Toga was to the left of him. She was busy snapchatting with her friends on their way to wherever Dabi was taking them.

The route they were on seemed similar to the one they took the night of their first date. The road was beginning to wind and more cars were lining up behind them. Soon they made it to the gate. Dabi passed a man in a neon yellow jacket a few bills. She noticed all the drivers in line behind them had their fists out with cash in them as well.

Once they made it through the gate Hana saw even more cars ahead of them. Eventually there was a sign. It was all black with holographic rainbow lettering. Party In The Park. Oct 17. From noon til-

“Is that where we are going?” Hana swallowed hard and leaned forward to reread the sign ten more times.

October 17th. This day is never going to get any easier…

“Yeah, Kitten.” Dabi brought a hand to cradle her thigh. Hana flushed under the touch. “It’s not live music but I know the guy that made the playlists. Should be some chill stuff. It’s a smoker friendly event. Carnival rides. Dancing. Street food. I think you can even swim in that lake from the other night…”

“This shit is going to be toight, boys!!” Toga squealed from her seat. Kai grunted in agreeance as he checked his pockets for his pre-rolled joints.

Hana leaned back in her seat. Shit.

“What’s up?” Dabi squeezed the hand he had around her thigh.

“I think the guys are here, with Kiri and all of our friends. Everyone they know from UA.” Dabi popped his eyes at her as he tightened his grip around the steering wheel.

“Oooo. Will Izuku babe be here?” Toga put down her phone for the first time the whole car ride.

“Along with his scary boyfriend who hates Dabi and therefore, us?” Kai popped a j into his mouth.

“Yep.” Hana sunk down lower into her seat and bit into her lip.

Did Katsuki wish upon 11:11 last night that I would be here? If so, that’s kind of sweet but FUCK.

“It’s a big event. I doubt we will even see them.” Dabi moved his hand to intertwine his fingers with hers. “Besides, didn’t you wanna be here to support your friend Kiri when he asked out his girl?”

“Yea, yea I did.” Hana released her bottom lip.

I probably won’t even see them, but if we do. I’ll do it for Kiri. He deserves it. For being my manly bro and all.

They managed to snag a spot that was a part of a big circle of cars all outlining what looked to be the dance floor/chill spot. In front of each car and halfway to the circle’s center people had set up picnic blankets, bbq’s, and lawn chairs. There were trees inside of the circle and people were using them to set up hammocks. Hana gave Dabi a big smile. She was glad he had brought her. Toga and Kai were still smoking so they all stayed in the car for a while before getting out. Soon enough Big Sis and Twice pulled up next to them. Their music was playing so loud Hana could feel the bass in her seat. Dabi rolled down her window to talk to them.

“This is your shit bro!!!” Big Sis leaned out of the window to scream across at them. Dabi instantly threw a hand up and shook his head no.

Hana had never heard the song before. Toga and Kai immediately started to get out of the car. Dabi shook his head before getting out to open the door for Hana.

Two rows of picnic blankets and young party in the park goers ahead of where Dabi’s jeep was parked, Kiri was sitting between Izuku and Katsuki. He was getting a last minute manly-sized pep talk from the two lovers. Mina had just texted and told him that she had finally found a parking spot.

“I’m nervous dudes.” Kiri brought a hand up to check for the tenth time if his man bun had any flyways. He had put all of his effort into picking out the best outfit he could for the day. He was wearing light wash jeans, his favorite red sneakers, and a white button-down short sleeve shirt that had tiny sharks on it. He had a grey cable knit sweater to wear over it, but he had already sweat through it once today.

“You’re going to be fine, Shitty Hair.” Katsuki brought a warm open palm to his best friend’s back. “You talk to her on the phone all the time. It’s going to be just like that but in fucking person.”

“Yeah Kiri. You’ve got nothing to worry about!” Izuku put on his hero smile for the redhead.

“Ohmygeeeee Mina!!” Ochako erupted from the picnic blanket next to them. “You look amazing!! It’s been too long girl!”

Mina approached the group of friends from behind. Her pink skin gleamed in the afternoon sunlight. She was wearing a tight fitting black jumpsuit with a long sleeve white shirt underneath. The bottom of the jumpsuit looked like bell bottoms and the tiniest sliver of her white converses stuck out at the end. The varying dimensions of the outfit hugged her curves perfectly. Mina’s hair was clipped up in an array of loose curls. Her white teeth beamed, and she threw her arms out wide to hug her girls. Tsuyu, Ochako, Momo, and Jirou got up and ran to her quickly.

“I missed my girlies!” Mina squealed as the girls took turns greeting her.

Kiri stood up slowly and smoothed his shirt over his chest once more. Mina had just finished her hug with Tsuyu when she turned to lock eyes with him. Kiri’s breath hitched when she did.

“H-hey beautiful.” Kiri’s face began to match his hair. “I mean..Hey Mina! You look beautiful today!”

“Real smooth, Shitty Hair.” Katsuki scoffed into his hand as he stood up behind his best friend.

“Yea. Very nice recovery bro.” Denki chimed in from his lawn chair across the circle. “Sup Mina! Lookin’ fly, girl!”

“You’re looking pretty handsome too, Kiri.” Mina quickly wrapped her arms around the stuttering redhead and winked at Denki. “I’ve missed you!”

Kiri melted into her quickly. His arms folded around Mina’s curves just as tightly as he remembered.

Iida and Shoto returned from their walk to retrieve a bag of ice. Shoto refused to make any more ice for them after he overworked himself making a luge for their last annual Christmas trip. He just couldn’t get the angles right on the ice sculpture.

“Hey Mina!” Shoto and Iida waved to her from the coolers as they worked to dump the bags. She smiled at them widely.

“I know Sero and Shoji are out of town. Tokoyami, Toru, Koda, and Sato moved. But where is Aoyama?” Mina asked the group as she released her grip on Kiri’s waist.

“He’s at some music festival in Tokyo!” Tsuyu spoke from behind her. The Froppy hero made her way back to her spot on the picnic blanket next to Ochako and Izuku.

“And Hana?” Mina peaked around Kiri to look at Katsuki, but the redhead moved with her.

“She’s got plans today, but she said she’d try to meet up with us later.” Kiri smiled and brought a hand to Mina’s shoulder. The pink hero pouted dramatically.

“You guys sure about that? Looks like she’s already on her way.” Denki pointed to the left of Mina, Kiri and Katsuki. The music coming from that direction helped to guide their ears to where Denki was pointing.

A small crowd had gathered around two cars that had just pulled up. Katsuki watched as Dabi hopped out of the driver’s side of a four-door black jeep wrangler.

“Is that Dabi? Like from The League?” Mina’s eyes widened as she watched Dabi open the passenger side door to his car. Hana grabbed onto his hand as she lowered herself down. “Is that my girl Hana??? No fucking way.”

Katsuki twitched as he heard the raven-haired man’s name slip out of Mina’s mouth.

Toga and Kai were standing next to Hana as Dabi talked to his friends from the other car. They were all pushing and knocking him around like they were trying to get him to do something. Their bloodshot eyes lingered over wide smiles as they stared at him. Dabi was laughing to himself and looking down at Hana with devilish eyes.

God, those extras are so fucking annoying. They are being too goddamn loud. I’m sure Hana is freaking out since she knows we are here somewhere.

***

“Fucking do it, bro!!”

“Come on, D. Show Hana the thing!!”

Hana peered up at him with curiosity. Her and Toga had begun to bounce with the music, and she could tell that the beat was about to drop any second.

The blonde took a few steps forward to get a better view of the group of delinquents. When he had a clear picture of Hana’s face, the brunette seemed to be dancing along with Toga and peering up at Dabi like she had no better idea of what was going on than Katsuki did.

“This is going to be weird, but these freaks love it when I do this shit for some reason…” Dabi brought pale, slender fingers up to his right cheek. Hana nodded at him smiled suspiciously. Her gaze hadn’t yet fallen upon the crowd of people watching them. She was only focused on Dabi.

Dabi’s friends went completely still as the beat dropped. The raven-haired man had unclipped the last few staples from the corner of his lip up to his ear.

Katsuki watched Hana’s has face change as Dabi undid the staples. What the fuck?

Dabi twisted his eyes up to the sky and let his tongue hang out long as the music raged. It seemed to go on for miles as it jutted out between his jaw and teeth. He held it open wide. Their friends regained their previous debaucherously, brimming over the top excitement.

What in the H-E- double fuck is he doing?

 

Hana’s smile widened and she let her eyes linger over the length of Dabi’s tongue. That is HoT aS fUck.

Katsuki’s eyes moved to Hana’s face. She seemed just as shocked as he did, but not near as disgusted. Her eyes almost looked as if she was daring herself to do something…

Dabi’s cerulean blue eyes looked down into her golden ones. She felt his hand meet her lower back and she used the forward motion of it to push herself up on her tiptoes. Fuck it.

Hana felt Dabi’s tongue lap at her lips as their mouths pressed together. The kiss was deep. All of their friends howled next to them as they could see Hana’s and Dabi’s tongues chase each other from the gap in Dabi’s cheek. The music blared around them and Hana couldn’t focus on anything but the sound of it and Dabi’s taste in her mouth.

She kissed him.

Katsuki froze where he stood. He was 15 feet away from Hana and Dabi. A few of their other friends had followed his slow, zombie walk towards the parking lot. Katsuki jumped as he heard Mina’s voice squeal behind him.

“Oh yea! That’s my girl!”

“Ribbbbitt.” Tsuyu croaked.

“H-holy shit.” Kiri stumbled over his words.

The blood from Dabi’s opened flesh dripped down onto Hana’s face. It felt hot and sticky on her cheek. The ex-villain’s friend jumped around them and got even louder.

Katsuki balled his fists up to conceal the Fourth of July sparklers he had going on inside of his palms. Izuku muttered and palmed Ochako’s leg on the blanket next to him. Ochako squinted her eyes at Hana, before dropping her gaze to the embers falling from Katsuki’s hands into the grass.

Hana broke the kiss as she ran out of breath. Dabi smiled down at her and they were soon overwhelmed with the squeals and pats on the back from their friends.

“That was badass as fuck, Hana. Too fucking hot babe.” Toga chimed behind her. She pulled on the back of Hana’s sweater and licked her face.

“What the fuck Toga?” Dabi pulled Hana up against him and gave the petite bunned girl a concerned look.

The blonde breathed again when he noticed that Hana had stopped kissing Dabi. The blood was still dribbling down her face. He cringed as he watched Toga lick some of it off. Hana knows that girl is fucking crazy around blood. Why is she letting her do that? He was almost relieved to see Dabi pull her away from Toga.

“Dabi. Look at her face.” Kai put a gloved hand under Hana’s chin to move her face to the side so Dabi could see the mix of blood and saliva on the her cheek.

Katsuki’s eyes narrowed on Kai as he reached out and grabbed Hana’s face. She didn’t seem to react in the way any normal person would if Kai Chisaki was touching them. Okay. Now he has to die.

“What is it?” Hana whined through smooshed cheeks. Dabi brought up the edge of his sleeve to clean off her face.

“Uh-oh.” Toga whispered quietly. “I think more blood might be in our future soon…”

Hana followed Toga’s glazed over gaze out into the crowd. Standing some feet ahead of them, behind a few picnic blankets full of people was a wide-eyed, white-knuckled, toothy-scowled Katsuki.

She could hear his raspy growl from where she stood sandwiched between Dabi and Toga with Kai’s gloved hand grasping her blood-soaked face.

“That was hot as fuck.” Denki drooled as he lit up a joint.

“Shut the fuck up, Dunce Face” Katsuki boomed. When he regained his composure some, he realized that Hana was looking right at him.

The brunette brought a hand to her own face to wipe off the icky mixture there. Her gazed still fixed on the blonde. Oh fuck.

Katsuki’s eyes were scalding. His face was red. His fists were shaking at his sides. He had been watching Hana for minutes, but now he could barely hold eye contact with her. Her eyes looked back into his with dread.

Hana could feel the tension from across the field. Her own hands were shaking, but not out of anger. Was that it? Was that what I had to do to ruin my shot with Katsuki? Fuck me.

“Well, this should be interesting.” Dabi’s deep voice whispered to her as he brought his hand up to his own face to replace the staples.

You probably won’t even see them, my ass. Hana thought to herself.

Kai clued into the situation as his eyes also fell onto the blonde giving him a death glare. He released Hana’s face and raised an open glove to the pro hero.

“I’m cuter than Zu Zu’s boyfriend.” Toga stuck out a pouted lip and dug her hands into the pockets of her pink corduroy overall dress. She had worn it over a white long sleeve shirt dotted with sunflowers and black tights underneath. She had on a pair of Doc Marten’s that matched Hana’s.

“Yea, you are Toga.” Dabi raised a hand to pat one of Toga’s buns. “You ready, Hana?”

The brunette jumped when she heard her name. She had been staring back at Katsuki. Her thoughts ranging from I’m a piece of shit to he looks mad, and he looks so hot when he’s mad.

She broke free from her stare and looked up at Dabi. He smiled at her softly. Hana took a deep breath and focused on Dabi’s calm eyes.

“Ready.”

Dabi and Kai went to the trunk and got out all of their stuff for the evening. Toga and Hana leaned against the front of the Jeep and chatted about what just happened. Hana had watched Katsuki walk back to their friends. He passed Jirou on his way. She gave him a half smile and squeezed his bicep as she crossed him on her way to talk to Hana.

“You certainly know how to make an entrance.” Jirou teased her best friend. Hana rolled her eyes. She sagged heavier against the car as Jirou stood beside her.

“I didn’t know we were coming here today. It was supposed to be a surprise. I figured with so many people here, I might not even run into you guys. Much less give you a front stage show. Now Katsuki probably hates me and wants to blow all of us up.” Hana groaned and brought her cool palms to her cheeks.

“It was a good show indeed, Hana boo boo.” Toga chimed next to her.

“Just give him a minute to calm down. I know shit’s all fucky right now, but he’s gotta sort out his own shit.” Jirou squeezed Hana’s palm inside of her own. “You’re doing your best to move on or give him space. Whatever teenage TV sitcom drama you guys are harping on right now. Just relax, Hana.”

Toga nodded at them even though she wasn’t absolutely sure what Jirou was talking about. Toga did what she does best and that’s change the subject.

She put her hand out to introduce herself to Jirou.

“I’m Toga. Sure we’ve met before but I’m trying to make a new first impression!”

Jirou laughed lightly with kind eyes and met Toga’s handshake.

“I’m Jirou. Heard a lot about you Toga! You’re a cutie.” Toga blushed over the compliment and twirled herself around to show Jirou her outfit. “Your outfit is killer! Hana has those same boots! Speaking of…” Jirou took a second to let her eyes pour over Hana’s outfit.

Hana was wearing high waisted light washed denim shorts over sheer black tights. She had a cropped cream-colored t-shirt that barely showed her waist, underneath a chunky rust colored oversized sweater. Of course, she had on her staple platform Doc’s with the chain too. Her hair was halfway up in a twisted top knot. A few loose curls framed her face. She went an extra mile today and did a thin wing of black eyeliner and dark mauve lips.

“You are an icon, my darling.” Jirou lulled over thick lips.

“Isn’t she though?” Toga chimed in again.

Hana rolled her eyes and attempted to be annoyed with her best friend’s effort at cheering her up. But her love for her friend and “rarely there” optimism won her over. She broke into a smile at Jirou and the girls fell into laughter. Maybe it will be okay.

Dabi and Kai joined their little circle, confused by what the girls were laughing about. Jirou gave him a quick up down between shallow breaths. Ripped black jeans, scuffed boots, long sleeve waffle knit cream shirt with sleeves rolled up over those scarred forearms. This man is perfect for my Hana.

“You guys should come sit with us! There’s a ton of space.” Jirou waved for them to follow behind her.

“I don’t know about that J. Umm…” Hana exchanged glances with the other three people beside her. Big Sis and Twice were still unloading their car.

“Hana, we have too! I could be friends with Zu Zu. I promise I won’t bite.” Toga whined and rocked back and forth on her heels.

Hana cursed Jirou in her mind for even suggesting the idea.

“Maybe we could all be friends, Hana Boo Boo.” Kai mocked and nudged Toga’s arm with his elbow.

Hana peered up at Dabi who was carrying a cooler and a large backpack.

“I’m cool with whatever…but I wouldn’t mind getting to meet the rest of your friends. This one seems cool.” Dabi raised his eyebrows towards Jirou. The earphone jack hero brought an honored hand to her heart.

“I am cool. The coolest.” She retorted and started to lead them across the grass field.

“That’s Jirou and she’s about to be the deadest friend I have.” The only question is if it’s by my hand or Kat's...

Hana followed behind her friend. The rest of the group trailed along behind her.

They approached the group of heroes quietly. Mina was still standing in the center with her eyes focused on Hana.

“Is that really my girl Hana walking up with some talk, dark, and sexy?!” Hana flinched at the volume Mina was speaking at. Her eyes rolled off of her pink friend and over to the blonde’s hunched over position in his lawn chair. She couldn’t exactly make out his face, but Izuku was sitting between his knees with a closed lipped expression.

Mina wrapped Hana into a tight hug. The smell of her flowery perfume singed the hairs in Hana’s nose, but it also served to comfort her. Mina was supportive and easy to get along with, Hana knew that she would be nice to Dabi and his friends.

“You guys make yourself comfortable. We have plenty of room.” Mina squeezed at Hana’s sides once more before letting her go.

“We have to talk later.” The Pink Hero whispered into Hana’s ear. The brunette nodded silently.

Introducing Dabi and his friends to the group went well. Most everyone met them with fresh eyes and spirit, besides Ochako and Katsuki. Dabi kept one hand around the back of Toga’s overall dress as she tackled Izuku with a hug. The greenette squeezed her back lightly. He complimented her on her outfit, which made Toga swoon.

Hana joined them to say hello to the boys again. She did her best to smile even though the blonde was grimacing at her while he kept a barrier between Toga and his boyfriend.

“I see you found Izu, Toga.” Hana placed a hand on the small girl’s shoulder.

“He’s just as sweet as I remember, Hana boo boo.” Toga brought a hand forward to cup Izuku’s cheek. Dabi brought it back down with one of his own.

“I think that’s enough Toga. Don’t wanna make his boyfriend jealous.” Dabi smirked at Katsuki.

Before Katsuki could spit a witty response Hana interrupted.

“Hey Kats!” The words spilled over her lips. She hadn’t planned anything better. Her mind was still trying to process what she would even say to him after he saw her kissing Dabi.

Katsuki closed his mouth. Forgetting about Dabi’s remark.

“Hana.” His gravel choked voice made the brunette’s eye twitch. His gaze on her narrowed to peephole focused intensity.

“I’m glad you guys could make it Hana!” Izuku beamed. His green eyes sparkled in the bright afternoon sun. His honest smile soothed Hana’s nerves. She let go of Toga’s shoulder to hug the greenette.

“Ooh. Come set up next to us, Hana.” Jirou ushered them over towards her. Dabi placed a hand on Hana’s back and kept his tight grip on Toga’s overalls as he led them away from the two pro heroes. Hana waved back at them awkwardly.

Hana and Toga worked on spreading a picnic blanket towards the center of the group between Jirou, Momo, and Tsuyu’s group and Shoto and Denki’s shared blanket. On the other side of Denki was Katsuki, Izuku, Mina, and Kiri. The blanket furthest from Hana and the Dabi squad was Tenya and Ochako’s. Thank fuck. That girl hates me.

Hana plopped down on the blanket. Her mind reeling over the last five minutes that felt more like 30 hours. She didn’t dare herself to turn around and meet eyes with a seething Katsuki.

Yesterday was perfect and I just ruined it.

Everything seemed like it was getting better.

And what was with that look Izuku gave me when we walked up? He seemed fine just now.

She felt a cool hand on her left shoulder.

“You okay?” Shoto collapsed onto the blanket next to her. “That was a…bold move.”

“I um..Did you see that?.” Hana tucked her hair behind her ear on the side.

“Yea, Hana.” Shoto rubbed his hands over his knees. “I think everyone saw it.”

Get caught making out with an ex-villain in front of a pro-hero you’ve been dreaming about in front all of his friends, check. Get caught making out with your ex’s brother, when he doesn’t know it’s his brother. Double check.

“I’m sorry Sho, is this too weird?” Hana adjusted her palms on the ground behind her.

“No. It’s not weird. I think it’s just everyone’s reactions to it were just a little strong and that made it…weird.” Shoto did his best not to grimace. “But we’re cool. I told you I’d be here for you.”

Hana smiled softly and leaned into his hand on her shoulder.

“I thought you were working weekends?”

“I got the day off. Plenty of other heroes looking to pick up patrols right now.”

“Yeah. I think Izu picked up some overtime this week too. He worked five days in a row.” Hana leaned back into her palms and looked over Shoto’s ensemble. Navy tight legged pants, cuffed at the bottom and a blue and white striped shirt. Very Sho.

“Yeah, about that…” Shoto leaned back onto his hands to match her as he bit into his lip. “He’s been at my place all week. Well, on Thursday and Friday and after work on the other days.”

“What?” Hana whipped her head towards him quickly. He’s been lying to Kats all week. What the fuck??

Shoto looked over his shoulder to make sure that Izuku was still far enough away that he couldn’t hear them. The greenette was cradled in his boyfriend’s arms as they both watched Kiri attempt to open a beer bottle with his shark teeth. Mina cheered him on loudly.

Shoto felt satisfied that Izuku was properly distracted and turned back around to gaze into the crowd ahead of them. He was unsure if he should be telling his best friend’s business, but he knew that the greenette probably wouldn’t do enough to help himself in this situation.

The heterochromatic hero brought a hand up to move red hair out of his eyes before speaking to Hana.

“He was kind of freaking out, Hana.” Shoto turned to meet her eyes. “Bakugou told Kiri the truth after Sunday night. He feels like Bakugou doesn’t need him anymore.” Shoto felt Hana shake besides him. “But that’s not all, apparently before we got there that day, he had told Bakugou that he didn’t want him to see you anymore…at least for a while.”

“Oh.” Hana dropped her eyes to the blue and white picnic blanket beneath them. So, the whole “giving Katsuki space” idea wasn’t original. Izu didn’t want him to see me. Why didn’t Kats say anything? But that doesn’t explain everything. Why was Izu avoiding Kats by hiding out at Sho’s? Why abandon Kats if you are worried he doesn’t need you?

Shoto seemed to read Hana’s furrowed brow expression.

“He decided to give Bakugou space too because he felt bad for asking him to stop seeing you and I think he just needed to take a beat. Izu could tell that Bakugou was not as okay with the idea as he pretended to be.” Shoto tried to understand Hana’s downturned eyes. “Izuku thought he would be mad at him. Blame him for it like he used to blame him for everything when we were at UA.”

The brunette’s face twisted, and she met eyes with Shoto harshly.

“Kats wouldn’t treat him like that. Not anymore.” Shoto looked at her puzzlingly. He was beginning to understand the trouble Izuku was having with all the blurred lines between the three’s relationship. “He was worried about Izuku all week and really beating himself up. He was losing his mind in that apartment by himself. He didn’t know what he did to drive Izuku away. I understand now that he was only doing what Izuku wanted him to do. And you’re telling me that he has just been avoiding him?”

Hana wasn’t usually one to exchange harsh words. Especially not at a friendly gathering. And Shoto contemplated coming back at Hana with the cold force he had used on Katsuki the other night, but he knew better. Hana was his friend too and she was only reacting to what was in front of her. But still, he had insight into her response.

“And how do you know that he has been upset all week?” Shoto tipped his head to her knowingly.

Hana felt the tip of her angry thermostat dip back to the left. She dropped her gaze to her lap.

“Because...I—”

“Midoriya told me, when I got here, that you saw Bakugou yesterday.” Hana’s eyes shifted back to Shoto’s face. So, he did tell him? “He said that you told Bakugou some stuff about a past relationship that helped him look at things in a better way. Izu seemed to feel better about everything after he told him that. I think he’s going to be okay. Sometimes I think that he believes that he is the only one that can fix his boyfriend’s problems, but there are other people that can help too.”

Shoto’s gazed moved over to Dabi. He was putting drinks on ice into one of the coolers they had brought.

Hana relaxed her gaze onto Shoto’s face. If what she told Katsuki yesterday, helped soothe something in him then that’s okay with her. Though she wasn’t sure in what direction that tipped the scales…

The brunette also felt a little exposed. She told Bakugou about her “past relationship” in the heat of the moment. She hadn’t thought about the fact that he would tell Izuku.

Shoto followed Dabi’s movements as he came to sit down next to Hana.

“I think the music is about to start. Drinks?” Dabi handed Hana a cup filled with whatever mixture Toga felt like whipping together.

Hana sniffed it. It smelled like hangover.

Shoto saw her reaction and decided to tempt fate. He wasn’t sure about smoking in front of all of his friends today, so he had to get his buzz from somewhere.

He took the other cup from Dabi’s hand. Toga quickly passed down another.

“Are you sure this is safe to drink, Toga?” Hana lifted her eyebrows at the petite blonde girl. She responded with a shrug before turning up her own cup.

“Yeesh.” Toga shivered all the way down to the ground. “Too much tequila. Or vodka. Not sure.”

Hana’s mouth dropped open.

“Fuck it.” Shoto huffed beside her. He raised his cup for her and Dabi to toast. The all took the first sip together.

That first sip was rough. Hana felt like her insides were curdling, she grimaced but chased it down with another. By then her taste buds were dead.

“That was awful.” Shoto whined beside her, but he too took another sip.

Dabi cleared his throat on the right side of Hana. She turned to look at him. He was smiling at her as he licked a few drops of the drink off of his lips.

“I feel like I’m in good company. You both seem to know how to drink.”

Hana and Shoto trembled together in laughter. They had been through a lot, but this was one thing they were definitely good at doing together.

The three of them hovered in easy conversation as the music began to play through the speakers hanging from the trees and the small stage at the front of the crowd. People started to dance. Rainbow lights projected over the giant circle from where they had been hung from the trees as well.

Their groups were mingling together. Big Sis had pulled Tsuyu into a gripping conversation over recent LGBTQ2+ news. Momo and Jirou were obsessed with Toga’s taste in music. Twice and Kai were chumming with Denki on the stoner blanket. Denki couldn’t take his eyes off of Kai’s tight leather gloves…

Katsuki was stuck in gossip land between Mina and Izuku while Kiri began to set up the BBQ. He wasn’t upset about having to listen to Mina and his boyfriend gush over the pro-heroes that worked in their two different cities. Sometimes he thought Izuku forgot he was one.

All the while, he kept a sharp eye on Hana as she laughed back and forth with Dabi and Shoto. The three of them seemed to get along eerily well. Frankenstein looks like a zombie. Icy Hot acts like one. What is this a fucking apocalypse?

He thought about how Hana had kissed Dabi when they got here. It seemed spur of the moment. He could admit that to himself. But how happy she had looked, her cheeks flushed and her eyes bright with happiness, that bothered him. When he got past his bitter reaction to it, he found the source of his jealousy. He had never kissed Hana in public. No one had ever seen how he cared for her. How flustered he could make her. No one, besides Izuku.

Katsuki looked down at Izuku sitting on the blanket in front of his lawn chair. He was wearing his favorite dark green sweater that was matched his hair. Dark wash blue jeans and his bright red sneakers. Even though it was autumn, Izuku always reminded the blonde of Christmas. Cinnamon and the smell of pine needles. They spent it together every year at their parents.

Izuku turned himself around on the blanket to give the blonde a slight upturn of his lips. The setting sun glinted off the green in his hair.

Katsuki bent down to tousle his hair and wink at his boyfriend. Izuku reacted shyly. His smile becoming a bit more open mouthed before he turned back towards Mina.

It’s always been Izu.

Why am I having such a hard time with that now?

Katsuki sat back in his chair and let his legs fall wide to the sides. His gaze wandered over Izuku’s head to where Hana sat between the youngest Todoroki and Ex Villain. He could barely hear what they were laughing about.

Dabi dug a pale, burned hand into his left pocket in search of a joint. When he found it, he brought it to his lips slowly while peering to his right at Shoto. The heterochromatic hero was helping Hana pick bits of grass out of her tights.

“You okay with this near you?” Dabi dropped his gaze down to the joint at his lips. Hana nodded gently at him.

“Yea.” Shoto lifted his gaze from Hana’s legs to answer Dabi, before pulling his own joint from his pocket. Fuck it.

Dabi chuckled to himself before lighting the joint with his quirk and taking a big inhale.

“Your parents know you smoke?” The ex-villain croaked. Tiny clouds of smoke puffed through his lips with each syllable.

Shoto furrowed a brow and pulled his lips into a fine line.

“I’m 23, and fuck my dad.”

Hana dropped her chin to her chest to stifle a laugh. Dabi let out a giant cloud of smoke through broken laughter.

“Yea. Fuck your dad.” Dabi cleared his throat before mimicking Hana’s chin to chest, furled lip laughter.

Shoto cocked an eyebrow towards them before shrugging his shoulders and joining in with his own breathless laugh. God, my dad’s a dick.

Katsuki overheard the entirety of the conversation. He watched as puffs of smoke arose from both of Hana’s sides. Whatever they said next was drowned out by the music.

That was weird…but Endeavor is a dick, I guess. He owes IcyHot years of therapy. Figures that Dabi would have run into him back in the day.

Katsuki’s thoughts were stopped by the music changing overhead. What played next was a song that he had heard far too many times from across the hallway. Jirou hopped up immediately, Momo, Mina and Tsuyu on her tail. All three of the girls arrived at Hana’s feet screaming in excitement. She was the only one that hadn’t stood up in “pants on fire” fashion yet.

“Come on, Hana! It’s our song!

Song 2.

Jirou yanked Hana to her feet with both hands. The brunette wobbled once upright. She looked back over her shoulder excitedly.

“You guys coming?” Hana smiled expectantly at Shoto and Dabi who were borderline horizontal on the blanket beneath them. Bloodshot eyes peered up at her with much hesitation.

“Uh-uh. I’ll take the next dance with you, promise.” Shoto gave her the goofy stoner smile that she couldn’t argue with. It had too much power over her.

“I think I’m gonna stay here with Little Sho.” Dabi’s smooth voice met with Hana’s ears agreeably. Well, I can’t ruin secret brother bonding, can I?

The brunette was feeling a little more confident after her second cup of “Hangover” drink. She shifted her gaze behind the two blanket potatoes to Katsuki and Izuku. They had been just watched Kiri tear off his apron to join Mina on her way to the dance floor. He was standing right behind Hana and the girls waiting for their answer as well.

“You guys wanna come?” Hana did her best to imagine that all was good between herself and the two heroes. Her talk with them earlier hadn’t gone horribly. While awaiting their response, she smiled at the fond memories she had of the three of them dancing. At the bar where they play pool on Friday’s. At Hana’s 23rd birthday party in the boy’s apartment. The last night of the previous year’s Christmas trip. She remembered how Katsuki whined but didn’t try to escape them when she and Izuku kissed him under the mistletoe. When was the last time she kissed either of them?

****

Most of their other friends had already danced their way to the edge of the crowd. It had only been a few seconds, but the mood was growing stale. Katsuki and Izuku hadn’t budged from their seats. They were exchanging glances that Hana couldn’t read in the fading sunlight.

“I’ll—” Izuku started but it was drowned out by a tipsy blonde ex-villain with a definite blood kink.

“We’ll dance with you Hana boo boo!” Toga finished the last of her drink and helped pull Kai to his feet. After linking arms, they stopped to add Hana to their chain. Kai petted her head with a gloved hand.

“Can’t have you dancing by yourself, little flower.” Kai lowered his arm to offer it to her. Hana laughed at the nickname he had discovered for her. He was definitely crossfaded, but the brunette appreciated the sentiment.

The three of them sauntered to join the rest of their blended group on the edge of the warm mass of dancing bodies. Dabi and Shoto snickered at Kai’s lack of rhythm with Twice and Big Sis. Hana and Toga held each of his hands and got him to move somewhat naturally. He was too busy laughing to care what he looked like. Momo, Jirou, and Tsuyu had joined in cheering him on. Mina was throwing it back, even though it wasn't the most ass "shakingist" music, and Kiri was catching it. Katsuki thought if he squinted hard enough, he could see the redhead’s smile spread back to the whites of his molars.

Katsuki looked down at where Izuku had settled himself between the blonde’s legs in front of his chair. He was watching all of their friends have the time of their lives. The greenette thought about his boyfriend had told him earlier. Hana had been in love before, but it ended. He hadn’t clarified how, but that was for Hana to know and tell them when she was ready. However, as he watched her laugh and dance with their friends, he couldn’t help but admire her strength. Izuku had never been through heartbreak. Hell, he’d only ever been in love with Katsuki. He couldn’t help but think about what he would look like without Katsuki. Would he pull himself together like Hana had? If he lost Katsuki to Hana, would he want her there for him to lean on? Would he really want nothing to change between them?

A ray of pink from one of the tree lights fell on Hana’s smiling face. Kai was in the middle of a Mina/ Kiri twerking sandwich. Everyone was nearing the brink of tears watching them. Izuku heard a choked laugh from behind him.

“Fucking dumbass.” Katsuki took another sip of his drink. The blonde was attempting to seem annoyed, but his eyes were glued to his dancing friends. His half-smile was twitching to turn the other half of his face upward too. Izuku smiled softly at him.

“Come on, Kacchan.” The greenette jumped to his feet. His hand stretched palms up to his boyfriend.

Katsuki wasn’t sure if he wanted to join everyone. He held his drink to his lips and peered up to forest green eyes. The tree lights were strobing over the crowd and a perfect rainbow was cast onto the greenette’s face. His freckles danced with every color change. Katsuki remembered how obsessed he used to be with them. He spent their one week of summer vacation at UA during their last year trying to count all of them. When they went to meet their friends at the beach, Izuku was covered in random circles and numbers. Katsuki had blushed deeply when Izuku told their friends what had happened. The blonde had scrubbed his boyfriend with every soap Inko had at home trying to get the writing off but nothing had worked.

When the fog of the memory lifted, Katsuki found himself standing. He had slipped his hand around Izuku’s. The greenette was peering up at him with curious green eyes and pink skin. Katsuki smiled down at his boyfriend before planting a kiss onto his soft lips.

“Okay, nerd.” Izuku let out a quick squeal of excitement before leading the way. Izuku tugged on a white piece of Shoto’s hair as they passed by him and Dabi. Katsuki didn’t even bother to look down at them.

When they made it to the edge of the crowd where their friends were standing Kiri pulled them into a sweaty man hug.

“It’s about goddamn time!” The Hardening Hero squeezed them once more before letting them go.

Izuku was a natural dancer. His body matched the rhythm of the music quickly. Katsuki usually got through situations like this by just holding onto Izuku’s hips. It was easier than figuring out what the hell he was supposed to be doing. He also didn’t mind the constant feeling of Izuku’s round ass rubbing up against him.

Izuku was pushing his ass back into Katsuki’s hips. Katsuki was wondering if he had outgrown the need to talk himself out of getting a boner. Their friends were laughing and dancing around them. All was good. Around this time, Katsuki caught sight of bouncing brown curls.

A rainbow of lights rapidly flashed over Hana’s entire body. She was standing on the outermost edge of the group with Toga and Kai. They were taking a break. Hana was shiny with sweat. He could see the depth of the shadows in her collarbones. She had taken off her sweater and her tan skin refracted every sliver of rainbow that touched it. After a second, she laughed at something Kai had said to her. A flash of white teeth, glistening pink lips, and melting honey eyes caused Katsuki’s breath to hitch. His chest felt tight, and his clothes suddenly felt too hot and his skin too sweaty. Everything and everyone felt too close to him. He needed a break.

“Break?” His voice croaked as he attempted to whisper in Izuku’s ear.

Izuku responded wordlessly. He slipped a hand around his boyfriend’s wrist and led him to the outskirts of the circle.

Katsuki was finally feeling small bursts of cool air when Izuku stumbled to a stop in front of him.

“What the—”

The blonde peered around the side of his boyfriend’s face until he saw two blonde buns staring back at him.

“Um…w-will you dance with me, Izuku?” Toga braced herself for his response. She really tried to not come on too strong. She didn’t even use the nickname she wanted to. She looked back to Hana and Kai with unsure eyes. They gave her two double thumbs-ups and big smiles. Hana’s eyes fluttered to Izuku’s and she mouthed a please.

The greenette couldn’t ignore the sweet, calm approach that Toga had taken. He knew the petite girl had been in love with him for years. If she didn’t creep me out so bad, I’d probably think she was cute. I mean she is cute but---gahhh.

Izuku nodded at Hana gently before peering sweetly into Toga’s eyes.

“Of course.” Izuku smiled at Toga. He could almost hear her heart explode. She erupted into smiles and giggles.

“Really??” Toga grabbed his hand to drag him back into the crowd. “You guys coming?”

Hana and Kai linked elbows to follow the petite blonde and greenette. Katsuki was absorbing the last bit of cool air when he felt a small hand tug on the sleeve of his shirt.

“Come on, Kats.” Hana looked up at him with sunrise eyes and he didn’t fight her. He followed the brunette to where Izuku and Toga had started to dance.

His boyfriend was spinning Toga around in small circles. Her laughter was genuine, and it matched the greenette’s smile. Hana and Kai cheered them on while Katsuki watched from nearby. Even he tilted his head to his boyfriend’s kindness. He was like Hana in the way that he always gave people second chances. Izuku searched for the goodness in people.

Katsuki was slowly swaying with his hands in his pockets when Hana bumped elbows with him. She peered up at him with an unsure smile. She had kept her hands to herself and avoided most eye contact with him the whole night. He hated to think that she was scared of him after seeing her kiss Dabi. The blonde knew that she didn’t know they were coming here. She probably didn’t account for them seeing her kiss Dabi.

Hana had stepped to move away from him after he just glared back into her eyes. She was about to join Izuku and Toga, Kai had already felt the tension in the air between herself and the blonde and was now dancing alongside the strange pair when she heard Katsuki call her name. His voice was raspy and low. It made her heart race.

“Hana…” The blonde paused to clear his throat and walked towards her. “You wanna dance with me, dumbass?”

Hana turned around with blushed cheeks. She forfeited words and approached Katsuki slowly. They met in the middle. A few feet away from where Toga, Kai, and Izuku were.

Katsuki brought his hands to her waist, her hand to his shoulder and her other gripped his firm bicep. Hana set a pace for them to move to with her hips. The song that was playing was poppy and the rhythm was easy to follow. She raised her gaze to ruby eyes.

***Song 3***

He smiled down at her softly. Hana took a deep breath to cover the tremble she felt racking her body.

“You nervous?” The blonde choked back his smile.

“Psssh. No…” Hana couldn’t fight the way looking into his eyes made her feel. She settled for keeping her eyes focused on his chest. The heat between them was making her dizzy.

“Don’t act like you’re scared of me, Hana.” The brunette felt hot hands slide down to her hips. Her eyes climbed back up to his to search for an explanation as to why she would be scared. “I’m not going to freak the fuck out about you kissing Dabi. I mean…I kind of already did, but I’m over it. Just don’t act like you’re scared of me…I hate that shit.”

Hana smiled up at him. His furrowed brow smoothed, and he tickled at her waist with his thumbs. Her body jolted from the touch. She laughed as she tried to pull away but his hold on her was too tight.

Their bodies stayed close and tangled for the rest of the song. The next one was faster paced. Katsuki told her about Kiri’s near panic attack before Mina arrived and how IcyHot still refused to make ice for their drinks. Hana’s laugh and the heat between their bodies melted the rest of the blonde’s chip on his shoulder about he. He was happy to just be able to talk to her and hold her close in a way that didn’t make their friends suspicious. At the end of the song, Katsuki was holding Hana with her back against his front. They were cheering over the music as Izuku and Toga competed to make Kai blush by dancing on him. The touch sensitive ex-villain cringed between two twerking asses. He had a two-handed grip on the solo cup in his hands. His eyes pleaded with Hana to save him.

Shoto and Dabi were watching them from the blanket. The crowd had thinned out some as the temperature dropped and they could see the little group of their friends easily illuminated by the multicolor lights.

“Does that bother you?” Shoto nudged an elbow into Dabi’s side. The ex-villain looked at him with lazy, bloodshot eyes.

“Hana and Bakugou. I know you know about their thing.” Shoto used air quotes and a low voice to keep the remaining members of their group on the blankets around them from hearing. “Is it not super weird that you guys are just waiting on Bakugou to make some bullshit choice?”

Dabi brought his gaze back to Hana. She had her head thrown back in laughter against Katsuki’s neck. The blonde had one arm wrapped tightly around her waist while he used the other to tousle Izuku’s hair as he danced on Hana. All three of them were smiling widely and could barely catch their breath.

“The way I see it Shoto…” Dabi took a long swig of the lime green beverage. “When you are in love with two people, and your fiery friend over there definitely is, you wouldn’t fall in love with the second one if the first one was enough. There is no room for anyone else in a love like that.”

Moments passed as the heterochromatic hero pondered what Dabi had just said. He pushed himself forward to fold his legs in front of him.

“Then, according to the crossfaded philosophy you just presented, you think he is going to choose Hana?” Shoto peered at Dabi’s face with a confused purse lipped expression. Dabi acknowledged his brother’s confusion with a nod, but he kept his eyes focused on Hana. She was now dancing with Izuku. The greenette was using OFA to spin them around in a blur of curls. Katsuki was making himself dizzy watching them.

“How are you so calm about this?” Shoto waved a hand in front of Dabi’s glazed over eyes.

Dabi scoffed and slowly raised his hand to grab Shoto’s arm. Once it had stilled, he dropped it.

“Because, Little Sho, I intend to be Hana’s second love.”

Dabi coolly shifted his gaze to Shoto’s stunned face.

“If Bakugou chooses his sweet, innocent boyfriend then Hana and I will keep dating. Nice and easy.” Dabi took another long hit off his vape. “But if he decides it’s Hana that he wants…which I believe he won’t rush to that decision. He probably fears that he will lose her if he chooses Midoriya, so he’ll take his time and drag this out. By that time, if he does choose her, then she will have to choose between Bakugou and me.”

Shoto continued to shift his gaze between Dabi’s steel eyes and scheming mouth.

“Hopefully, by then she will see something in me that she wants more. But maybe it’ll be the fact that she doesn’t have to hurt Izuku’s feelings if she chooses to be with me.” Dabi finally looked to see how Shoto was digesting his plan. The heterochromatic hero was silent beside him. His eyes wide and his face blank. “Not hurting Izuku seems to be something your little friend group cares about the most. Hana is no different, but she deserves more than that. Someone who puts her first. Someone who will always protect her. Someone who doesn’t waste time with goddamn “pick me” situations.”

The song changed overhead. This one was slow and thick. The heavy notes awoke Shoto from his thought coma. Dabi’s gaze drifted back to Hana on the dance floor. Shoto followed suit.

***song 3***

Izuku wasted no time in draping his arms over his boyfriend’s shoulders. Katsuki fumbled for a second. His gaze bouncing between his closed eyed boyfriend nuzzled to his chest and Hana awkwardly twirling a curl as she backed away from the two. Toga and Kai swayed slowly behind her. The petite blonde whispering how awesome it was to dance with her Izukubabe in Kai’s ear as he held her tightly.

Hana did some quick math and found herself as the odd one out. She spared Katsuki an “OK” sign with her fingers and began to backpedal away from the dance floor.

“That’s my cue, Little Sho.” Dabi gracefully came to his feet. He made it to the edge of the crowd as Hana did. He caught her between two long, scarred arms. She jumped at the sudden touch before looking up to meet his eyes.

“And here I thought you were saving me this dance?” Dabi’s arms slipped down to grip her hands. Hana’s gaze softened and there was an upturn to the corners of her lips.

He led her back out to the dance floor and stopped next to Toga and Kai. He didn’t purposely account for Katsuki and Izuku being right behind them, but he wasn’t avoiding them either.

Dabi turned to face Hana and he placed his hands low on her back. Hana let her hands loop together around the burns at the back of his neck. She blushed lightly as Dabi pulled her in flush against him. Her cheek came to rest against his chest. Their bodies moved in tune with the music. The steady beat of his heart against her ear kept her light on her feet.

This is good. This is right. Izuku is happy. Kats is happy. And I am…happy. Hana let her body relax into Dabi’s warmth. His thumbs drawing circles into the small of her back. She took a deep inhale of ocean spray and smoky firewood. Dabi let out a sigh into her hair. He smiled as he felt brown curls tickle his cheek.

“Awwww. You guys are too cute.” Jirou whisper yelled from somewhere to the right of them.

Izuku lifted his head. He thought Jirou’s compliment had been directed towards him and Katsuki. When he followed the Earphone Jack hero’s gaze, he realized that he misunderstood.

Katsuki felt Izuku’s curls tickle his nose. He opened his eyes to see what his boyfriend was doing. He saw Hana curled up in purple and scrap metal arms. She looked so small compared to Dabi. The darkness that seemed to follow the ex-villain had taken her into its shadows.

The blonde grimaced. Izuku tightened his grip around his boyfriend’s shoulders. The squeeze helped to remind Katsuki not to stare, but it didn’t rein in his thoughts. He closed his eyes and buried his face into green curls.

Fucking Frankenstein. Always ruining everything. Katsuki frowned, but he let himself admit that Dabi was only doing what he couldn’t. Hold Hana close. Save her from having to leave because she didn’t have anyone to dance with. The split down the center of the blonde’s heart throbbed within his chest.

The song ended. Izuku looped his fingers between Katsuki’s. As the blonde followed his boyfriend away from the dancing crowd, the burning image of Hana smiling against Dabi’s chest made a shrine in his mind.

Shoto came to meet Hana and Dabi on the dance floor. The ex-villain excused himself to get another drink.

Another slow song played overhead as the moon made its way higher in the sky and the mood was turning into a more chill vibe. Shoto dramatically bowed to Hana as to ask her for a dance. Hana laughed before pulling him upright and draping her arms over his shoulders. The two of them swayed slowly. Shoto was coming to terms with what his brother had said. He decided it was best to keep it to himself for now. He instead chose to keep the conversation light. He and Hana joked and laughed as the rainbow lights bounced off of their faces.

Back at the circle of picnic blankets and lawn chairs, the rest of the girls were sitting around gossiping while the guys kept Kiri company at the grill. Kai and Dabi had joined them after topping off their glasses. Izuku had wandered off to ask Mina about a pro hero from his agency that had transferred to Tokyo recently.

Denki was handing Kiri one of the veggie burgers that Hana and Toga had brought when he started up a conversation with Dabi.

“So, you and Hana make a pretty cute couple.” The electric hero smiled widely, completely oblivious to the death glare he was getting from Katsuki.

“Thanks man. It’s been going really great.” Dabi sipped from his drink and avoided adding anymore to the conversation.

“Didn’t you have your first date here? From what I heard it was hella romantic, bro. I’m looking to do something like that for Mina tomorrow.” Kiri spoke over his shoulder as he flipped a few patties. He had finished a few beers and shots by this point, so his lips were loose and his mind wasn’t as weary of the explosive blonde to his right.

“Yea, yea. It was here. Over by the lake. I made some Italian food, and this guy and Toga helped my set up candles and everything else.” Dabi nudged Kai lightly with his shoulder.

“Oh bro, Hana loves pasta. I’m sure she peppered her compliments with as many explicates as she could. That’s how you can tell she really likes something. Hanabro has a mouth almost as bad as Bakubro’s.” Kiri lifted his eyes to the blonde’s. He was met with a whole lot of teeth from a gnarly scowl. Ooops.

“You’re not wrong about that. She apologized for it though. I think the apology had just as many curses in it.” The group shared a collective laugh, apart from the spikey blonde. He sipped harshly at his dwindling drink. “I like it though. That fire. I asked her if it was too early to say I was in love with her because of it.”

A few members of the small circle laughed at his last comment. Kiri dropped a patty into the fire beneath the grate. Katsuki let the last few drops of his drink hit his tongue before he released the cup to the ground. His scowl had straightened out into a straight line. Did he just say he loves her? Oh. FUCK THAT.

“What the fuck did you just say?” Katsuki growled into a fine assault. He took a step towards the ex-villain. Dabi stood tall, a few inches above the blonde. His shoulders relaxed and his eyes half-lidded from lack of concern.

“What?” Dabi took another smooth sip from his drink before handing the cup to Kai. He took it into his leather glove before taking a step back from the two of them. Dabi remained still as Katsuki approached him.

“You know what you said.” Katsuki spat and drew a hand in front of him to grip the neck of Dabi’s shirt. “And yea. It’s too goddamn early for you to be saying shit like that. You just came out of the goddamn woodwork a few weeks ago! Who the fuck do you think you are to her, Frankenstein?”

“Well, well. You two do have the same tongue.” Dabi wrapped a hand around Bakugou’s wrist that lingered under his chin. He let his palm heat up considerably as he met Katsuki eye to eye. They exchanged a number of narrowed looks before the ex-villain spoke again. “You’re showing a lot of concern for someone who has a BOYfriend, Bakugou.”

Embers of Dabi’s sweater lifted to the raven-haired man’s nose. He exhaled sharply through his nostrils and tightened his grip around the blonde’s wrist. He hesitated to fully use his quirk. He was choosing his moment to stoop to Katsuki’s level carefully. He wanted to make sure he had provoked the blonde enough for him to embarrass himself first. All Dabi had to do was wait for Izuku to be the hero he is and run in to stop his raging boyfriend. Always the savior, Hero Deku. But will you be the chosen one in this juvenile game of Who Will Bakugou Choose?

Dabi’s choice to not fully activate his quirk was well planned. Katsuki aimed an open sparking palm to Dabi’s chest. The last shreds of restraint were fading from ruby eyes when Izuku appeared between them. One hand erupting green lighting closed on Katsuki’s open palm and the other gripped at the hand he had around Dabi’s sweater.

KACCHAN STOP!” The greenette boomed. Hana and Shoto jogged up to them. Sweaty from the dance floor. The girls on the picnic blankets and guys circling the grill all watched or purposely diverted their eyes from the scene unraveling in front of them.

Katsuki let his eyes drop from Dabi’s irritatingly unmoved gaze, to Hana. She was standing in front of Dabi. He had brought his empty hand to the small of her back. She had wrapped a small hand around the scalding one Dabi had wrapped around his wrist. Katsuki could see the skin on the edges of her palm turning red from the heat. Hana focused her quirk to her palm to prevent her hand from burning. From the slight twinge around her eyes, Katsuki could tell that it still hurt. This fucker knows he’s hurting her, and he isn’t stopping? Katsuki let go of Dabi’s sweater quickly and the ex-villain did the same.

Hana peeled her palm off of the back of Dabi’s hand and tucked it behind her. Dabi’s gaze finally dropped off of Katsuki and he turned to Hana quickly. His face transformed into a look of concern.

“Kitten, your hand.” Dabi whispered as he retrieved the hand from behind her back.

Katsuki’s eyes bulged as he watched as what he perceived as bullshit fell from Dabi’s mouth.

“Are you fucking kidding me? You didn’t give a single shit about that two seconds ago.” Izuku held his boyfriend back with both arms. Katsuki struggled against his strength.

“Kacchan. Calm down. You’re making a scene.” Izuku tightened his grip around his boyfriend’s arms.

Hana showed them all her smooth palm. Dabi’s hand slipped down to her waist.

“ ‘Tch.” Katsuki ripped free of Izuku’s grasp. He gave them all a firm scowl before stalking away to his and Izuku’s picnic blanket. The rest of the group did their best to look past the moment and go back to conversating amongst themselves. Dabi retrieved his drink from Kai. Kiri apologized for bringing up the date.

Hana exchanged a look with Izuku. Both of them were confused because they weren’t around to hear what had caused the argument. Shoto went to Izuku’s side to make sure he was okay. Hana tilted her head to Izuku and then to Katsuki. He gave her a nod. She nodded back softly and slowly moved to approach the blonde.

He was sitting on the blanket with his head down and his arms draped over his knees. She winced and let out a groan as she sat down. Her legs were sore from dancing and bending down really tore at her muscles.

“Kats, wanna talk?” Hana placed the palm she had just healed over the blonde’s shoulder. He hissed at the touch, but Hana didn’t withdraw it.

“That fucker…” Katsuki lifted his face to lock eyes with her. His eyes were glowing blood red, and his cheeks were raw with tear stains. Hana’s eyes bucked at the sight.

“Holy shit, Kats. What the fuck is going on?” Hana curled her leg underneath her as she turned to face him head on. The music died down around them. It was around 6pm and they had a surprise live band setting up on stage. The air around them had gone silent apart from the whispers of their friends around them.

“It’s too much. Too fucking much.” Katsuki hissed an inward breath. The sound sent Hana’s body into a panic. “Seeing him with you. Touching you. Dancing with you. Fucking kissing you. In front of everyone like it’s so fucking easy.”

Hana hovered in the moment. Katsuki’s words. His pain that Hana could see bubbling beneath his surface. She felt guilty. She felt dirty.

“This fucking choice I have to make. It’s fucking wrong. It's killing me, when I feel like it should be easy.” Katsuki laughed. But it wasn’t one that Hana felt like she should join into. The way Katsuki’s shoulders trembled over the octaves. It looked painful. Like the blonde had run out of other ways to react to the situation. “It should be an easy choice, but I’m just too fucking weak to make it.”

Hana’s insides recoiled to Katsuki calling himself weak. She knew that “weak” was a deep trigger word for the blonde. He would never willingly identify as that. Nor should he now. Have things gotten so bad that he really thinks he is weak?

Katsuki stopped laughing and his eyes searched deep into Hana’s. Like he was looking for her soul. He brought a warm hand to her cheek and rocked forward until he was crouching over his feet. He licked his lips and cleared his throat. Hana felt her hand trembling. She could tell that Katsuki was about to say something big. This is it. He’s called himself weak. He’s over the choosing and the bullshit. He’s about to put me down.

Hana swallowed and steadied her grip on his shoulder. She held his eyes with hers seamlessly. Time to stick to your promise, Hana. After he tells you he’s chosen Izu, you have to tell him it’s okay. Tell him you will be here for him…if he still wants you to be.

Hana took one last deep breath before Katsuki spoke. His words seemed blurry at first, if a sound could be described as that. He had been talking lowly, almost a whisper. But these words came out like a broken yell, as if they were yelled over your shoulder before you jumped off a cliff into freezing cold water.

I fucking love you, Hana.

The brunette blinked. The deep breath she had taken froze somewhere between her lungs and mouth. What did he just say?

She heard a sound behind her. Not a shriek, but a mix of that and a whimper. Judging by the girly huff and stomps she heard in Izuku’s direction after, she assumed it was the greenette that had released the noise and Ochako was coming in for the defense. She heard Dabi clear his throat and Kiri close the lid of the grill, but no further noise after that.

In her mind, Katsuki’s voice echoed back and forth.

I fucking love you, Hana.

Her eyes focused on the blonde’s face. She wasn’t sure if he had heard his boyfriend’s guttural groan, but if he did, he wasn’t showing it. His lips were slightly upturned and quivering at the edges. His forehead was smooth and his cheeks a soft pink. He gazed down at her calmly. Waiting for her to say what it is one is supposed to say back to that.

Hana’s thoughts could barely break through the sound of Katsuki saying that he loved her playing on repeat inside her head. Of course she loved him…but Izuku and their friends….Dabi. Had Katsuki chosen or was he just throwing her a curveball? Was he saying this now to hurt Dabi? Had Dabi provoked him in some way?

Katsuki’s soft smile wavered the longer the silence stretched between them. He was beginning to reacclimate to their surroundings. The whispers that had returned amongst their friends, the blurry look of hurt on Izuku’s face in his periphery. The heat of Ochako’s glare focused between his eyes.

He was about to backpedal…or explode. He hadn’t decided yet when he felt Hana tug at his shoulder. He blinked and refocused his gaze onto her.

Hana’s cheeks were red. Her eyes glassy but tear free. She was smiling slightly, and her teeth were biting softly into her bottom lip. He tilted his head with suspicion. His heart was pounding against the inside of his chest. He thought it might break through when he heard Hana’s silky voice.

“I fucking love you too, Kats.”

Hana’s voice lacked the falling over the edge intensity, but she made up for it with molten golden eyes and a soft genuine smile. One that she was only sharing with Katsuki. She wasn’t concerned with who or what was going on behind her anymore.

Fuck. She loves me.

Katsuki’s heart raced as Hana’s hand slipped down to his chest. She could feel its steady strum against her fingertips through his rust orange sweater. She didn’t know why but her quirk activated, it illuminated Katsuki’s chest with a soft white glow. They both looked down at the light shining between them. Hana’s sore legs stopped hurting and Katsuki’s skin lost that too tight, too hot feeling. Holy shit.

Footsteps approaching Hana from behind broke Katsuki from his trance. He dropped his hand from Hana’s face to grip her by the back of the neck and pull her closer to him, up onto her knees.

It was Izuku.

His face had twisted into something nasty. He exchanged a look with Katsuki that couldn’t be described with words. Hana craned her neck against Katsuki’s force to see it.

His eyes were glowing green. Nuclear acid green. The freckles on his cheeks were no longer inviting and begging to be counted. They were lost in his wrinkled-up expression. He looked at Hana with nothing but disgust. She never in her life thought that Izuku was capable of making a face like that. He’d only ever made it a few times. In battle.

Izuku didn’t say a word. He just glared at them from several feet away. Hana adjusted her gaze to the group of their friends behind Izuku. There was a mix of emotions on their faces. Anger. Confusion. Concern. Disappointment. More anger. She hadn’t found Dabi’s face in the crowd yet, but Katsuki had. He saw the ex-villain’s smirk in the same breath he had taken in Izuku’s glare with.

Katsuki suddenly felt guilty. Izuku’s furious appearance had shook him. Brought him back down to reality with a hard thud.

Izu. Fuck. What was I thinking? He hates me. Hates that I did this in front of everyone. Hates how I feel about Hana. But fuck, I couldn’t stop myself from saying it. Why now? Fucking Frankenstein got me so worked up. Joking that he was already in love with her. He hasn’t even known her long enough to say that. I actually love her. I have for a while now…

And she loves me too…

She loves me. For how long? Did she love me when she started dating that freak? Was it too much for her to wait until I made up my mind? I told her I had feelings for her at the least before she even went on her first date with him.

Izuku’s glare bored deeper holes into Katsuki’s chest.

And I just told her that I loved her in front of Izu. In front of everyone. What the fuck was I thinking? That Frankenstein freak pushed me over the edge.

That scorching image of Dabi holding Hana as she smiled softly against his chest arose in the front of Katsuki’s mind. He hissed under his breath and broke from Izuku’s gaze to look down at Hana. She turned away from Izuku’s glare to meet eyes with him.

Her eyes weren’t melting pots of gold anymore and the light that was shining between them had faded, but she did her best to give him a soft smile.

Katsuki let out another hiss as his mind reeled from confusion. The rapid change in the blonde’s emotions was readable and Hana withdrew her hand. Katsuki growled from frustration. He wasn’t sure if it was from the loss of touch or if it was from the new anger welling inside of him. Izuku took another step closer and Katsuki released the hand he had on the back of Hana’s neck before it got any hotter.

This is too fucking much. For a minute, a fucking second, I thought I knew the answer but…

“You’ve got a funny way of showing it, Hana.” The words burned the inside of his mouth on the way out. He wasn’t even sure where they came from or who picked them out for him to say but it was too late. Hana had already recoiled from his venomous tone.

“What are you talking about, Kats?” Hana started to stand up slowly. She could feel Izuku encroaching upon them from behind and the sudden feeling of being stuck between a rock and a hard place was sinking in.

Katsuki mirrored her movements and shot to his feet.

“I’m just saying. Kissing Dabi in front of me and Izu—fuck, in front of everyone! Everyone knows who he is or who he “used” to be.” Katsuki paused to use harsh air quotes and focus his thoughts. What the fuck am I doing? Why am I saying this shit? Despite his inner turmoil, Hana’s hurt expression only fueled the fire in his chest and Izuku’s steady glare was helping the guilt grow even more stifling in his chest. “Did you love me when you started dating him? Wasn’t enough for you to just wait a goddamn minute.”

Hana could feel her face burning. It didn’t help that she could feel the eyes of all of their friends on her back. Hana brought her hands up and took a step toward the blonde.

“Kats. Just take a beat, okay? I’ll go and we can talk about this later—”

Katsuki took a step past her. He turned around with his back to Izuku. He felt a second of relief from the greenette’s glare. But the heat Izuku was putting off in waves washed over the blonde’s back. It pushed his temper one notch higher.

“Oh, you’ll just go.” Katsuki scoffed and dug his hands into his pockets. His palms were sticky with sweat and hitched against the smooth fabric of his black jeans. “You’re good at that, right? Going? Running? If I had to guess I bet that’s what fucking got you here in the first goddamn place. Running from whatever scared you off in the States. That have something to do with how you lost that first real love of yours?” Ouch. Goddamnit, Bakugou.

Izuku flinched behind him. His anger dissolved slightly at Katsuki’s words. Even for Kacchan, that was a low blow. What is he talking about? Lost?

Hana was trembling at this point. She couldn’t hold her eyes to Katsuki’s anymore. She dropped her head to her chest. Her folded arms cradled her elbows.

No, no, no. This is not happening.

She wanted to bring her fingers to her necklace to comfort her, but she knew better than to give Katsuki more ammunition.

Not that the blonde needed it.

“My head is so fucked up, I don’t even know what to think…but don’t go running off now, Hana.” Katsuki seethed. He couldn’t stop spewing harsh words, but he meant it that he didn’t want her to leave. His eyes wavered over Hana’s protective position. Her lowered head reminded him of how he told her he felt weak earlier. He winced at the memory. He wasn’t weak. He knew he had made a mess in front of Izuku and their friends, but he would be damned if he was the only one to blame. “You know everything was fine before you came here. Before you wriggled your way into our lives. I knew what I wanted then. I had everything I needed…or at least I thought I did. One of the top ten heroes, friends I hung out with sometimes, a boyfriend that didn’t fucking look at me like he wanted to Detroit Smash my head into the ground.”

Katsuki rolled forward onto the balls of his feet and cocked his jaw to the side. He looked down into Hana’s eyes with a look that made her spine quiver. Hatred.

“You destroyed that, Hana.” The brunette felt that distantly familiar feeling of her throat tightening and saliva in her mouth turning to concrete. “But I guess you wouldn’t be here right now if you weren’t good at that sort of thing.”

Katsuki.” Izuku boomed behind him.

A large, scarred hand gripped his shoulder and he let it pull him away from the brunette. She didn’t bother to lift her head to watch him leave. Izuku dragged the blonde towards their car. Katsuki grunted as he heard Shoto and Dabi approach Hana.

“Are you okay, Hana?” Shoto bent down to look into her eyes, but she turned her back to him.

Before Izuku shoved Katsuki in the car by his face, the blonde heard Shoto’s unanswered question. By the time the door shut behind him, he had found Hana’s face in the distance. She had a hand over her mouth and her back to everyone else, but from his side view of her he watched her first tear fall.

“Fuck.” Katsuki whispered as Izuku threw himself down into the driver’s seat.

Izuku hissed at the sound of his boyfriend’s voice, but he followed his gaze. The greenette’s stomach churned at the sight of the lone, shiny tear dripping off of Hana’s cheeks over her crumpled fingers. Double fuck.

The rest of their group descended upon Hana with questions and concerns.

“Are you okay, Hana?” Tsuyu whispered as she attempted to rub the brunette’s back. Hana felt the slightest of touch and launched herself forward.

“What was that, Hana sweetie?” Momo asked calmly. She didn’t attempt to touch her after seeing her reaction to Tsuyu. Hana chose not to respond. She continued to stare blankly at the green/blue lake in the distance.

“Yea, Sweet Hana. What was that between you and Izu’s boyfriend—Oops. I mean Bakugou?” Ochako mocked. Jirou hit her with a “girl fight” hair pull and mean girl stare.

Jirou tiptoed around Hana’s side and approached her from the front. Dabi at her side. He had remained quiet. At a loss for what to say. He hadn’t intended for Katsuki to blow up at Hana, he thought he would have sustained the most damage. From his view of Hana’s face, she appeared decimated. A single red, line marked the sign of a fallen tear. She was clearly doing her best to disassociate by staring blankly ahead. Where is she right now?

Hana hadn’t even heard Ochako’s bitchy comment. She was too busy remembering what had come before Katsuki reduced her to rubble.

I fucking love you, Hana.

 

What happened after, Hana chalked it up to something she guessed she had coming. He was right. She destroyed things. Everything.

She pushed Katsuki’s words to the periphery of her mind. What took its place was bittersweet memories. A white wraparound porch around a blue house, a driftwood porch swing, muddy hiking boots in the back of a beat up 90’s Jeep, the smell of sandalwood and vetiver cologne mixed with a hint of smoke, light mint green eyes underneath jet black hair peeking down at her in the middle of a rainstorm as they took shelter beneath a Douglas Fir amidst the heavy fog and sprawling emerald forest.

I wouldn’t be here if…

“Hana.”

Sometimes I wish I’d never left…I should have just let that place eat me alive.

“Hana Marshall.”

Hearing those two words put together brought her back. She touched her fingertips to her necklace and focused her glazed eyes onto Jirou.

Seeing the sign of consciousness from her best friend soothed Jirou’s soul. Dabi took a deep breath beside her. His words came back to him and he moved to touch Hana’s arm. She thought about flinching away from it but once she met Dabi’s cool eyes she brushed off the idea.

“You wanna get out of here?” Dabi brought another hand to her opposite arm. He rubbed at her bare arms. The friction allowed her to notice that she had goosebumps. She’d been standing there for how long without a sweater. The temperate had dropped well into the 40’s after the sun had set.

“Yes.” The sound croaked out over her dried tongue and chapped lips. Dabi smiled. He and Jirou walked her to the Jeep. Hana didn’t allow the thought to look over at Katsuki and Izuku linger for very long. She kept her eyes locked on Dabi’s car. She needed to get out of there.

Izuku’s eyes couldn’t tear away from the sight of Hana crawling into Dabi’s car. He watched as her and Jirou shared a gentle goodbye. The earphone jack hero and Dabi shared a few whispered words before she walked back to her girlfriend. Katsuki watched the whole thing in the reflection of his passenger side window.

Dabi looked over his shoulder briefly to give the two of them a sickening look. Jirou told him that she’d never seen Hana like that. She’d never seen Hana cry. Hell, no one had. She’d never seen her look like she was miles away before. Completely separated from the world around her.

Izuku stared back at Dabi’s scowl with a blank face. Not intimidated, but not completely undeserving of that kind of pressure. He was conflicted. Katsuki and Hana confessing their love for each other in front of all of their friends had been earth shattering for him. Embarrassing. Beyond hurtful. But Katsuki wasn’t wrong, when Hana showed up it changed everything. Destroyed. That was a strong word, but it did describe how her presence in their lives had disrupted the last several months. Katsuki stayed silent beside him and pretended he couldn’t see Dabi’s stare. He would get out of the car and rip his face off if he hadn’t witnessed Hana’s catatonic state.

Dabi knew that he had antagonized Katsuki at first, but he was not okay with what happened. Toga and Kai had already joined Hana inside the Jeep. Dabi stopped his glare into the boy’s car with a final show of teeth before crossing to the other side of his car.

Once inside, he turned to look at Hana. She was gazing quietly out of the windshield. Her arms were still tucked into her elbows. Toga and Kai were awkwardly exchanging glances with him.

I didn’t understand half of what Bakugou was saying. Whatever it was seemed to really hurt her. Now am I supposed to just take her home where he is lingering across the hall? I don’t fucking think so.

“Hana, we don’t have to talk about what happened. Not until you’re ready, but I think you need to get some space from…them.” Hana’s face remained unreadable, but she gave him a small nod. “I have an idea. A place for us to go.”

Hana turned her head towards him. Her eyes were glassy but curious.

“I’m going to take Kai and Toga back to their place to pack a bag. Then we will go to your apartment for you to do the same.” Dabi extended his hand to her. “I can legitimately promise that all of your friends won’t be where I’m taking you next.”

He smiled softly. He hoped that the joke would bring some life back to the brunette. She mustered up a closed-lipped smile, but she grasped his hand tightly.

I don’t understand why he still wants to spend time with me. Did he not hear me tell Kats that I love him? Does he not care how shitty of a person Kats thinks I am?

“Where are we going, Dabi?” Toga tried her best to dial down her bubbly mood in observance of Hana’s sullied appearance. Toga and Kai had overheard the ordeal, but they didn’t want to make it seem like a big deal. They had both been put down in ways similar to how Katsuki had handled Hana. They wanted her to know that she was among friends.

“The cabin.” Dabi turned the ignition and looked back in the rearview with a smirk.

“FUCK YES.” Kai and Toga squirmed and squealed with excitement as Dabi threw the jeep into reverse. He threw bits of gravel across the parking lot as they peeled out. Izuku and Katsuki faded away in the rearview mirror. Hana didn’t chance a look back.

The squealing sound of tires hitting pavement as Dabi’s Jeep hit the street pulled Katsuki out of his head. Where are they going? Where is he taking her? Our building is the opposite direction.

“Where are they going?” Katsuki huffed as he turned to watch taillights fade into the night.

“Oh. You want to talk to me now, Kacchan?” Izuku had brought his right hand to the ignition but let it fall to his lap. “You just Howitzer Impacted our entire relationship in front of all of our friends and the first thing you ask me about is Hana?”

Katsuki fell back into his seat. His hands slid deep into his pockets.

“I don’t fucking know why I did that, Izu.” He gritted through his teeth. “But it’s not like you didn’t know that I felt that way about her.”

Izuku’s eyes bulged away from their sockets.

“Yea, Kacchan. I knew.” He threw his hands harshly against the steering wheel. “But all of our goddamn friends didn’t. I mean what the hell, Kacchan!”

Katsuki stayed silent and let Izuku’s words sink deeper in his gut.

“After what you told me this morning, I thought for sure I knew what your choice was going to be. Me. Hana encouraged you to choose as such and since you care so much about what she thinks…” Izuku rubbed at the leather of the wheel with rigid thumbs. “But then tonight…when you said you loved her. Then she said it back. I-I thought the whole thing was finally over with. I was hurt, devastated even. Wondering what the hell I’m supposed to do now.”

Izuku’s voice had begun trembling. He panted heavily and his eyes smarted with hot tears.

“But then…how you even turned against her.” Izuku swallowed hard. He let his hands fall down into his lap. He couldn’t bear to look at him with the thought of Hana’s shattered face in his mind. “Those things you said. They were low. Even for you. It was like we were back in middle school, except you were saying those things to her instead of me.”

“I didn’t understand some of what you said, but it was fucking vile Kacchan.”

Katsuki felt the pit in his stomach open up wider. What he said to Hana had been despicable. Even for him. Most of it he just assumed from her lack of sharing about her past and his recent knowledge of her having a past lover. One that he assumed was dead because of the way she spoke about him and how she cradled that necklace. He hadn’t told Izuku about that part. In his right mind, he knew it wasn’t something for him to share.

He wasn’t sure about how Izuku felt about him in this moment. He cared enough to drag him away from their friends…and Hana. Had he made his choice when he told Hana he loved her? Or was it just a reaction to hearing Dabi joking about loving her. The blonde wasn’t sure.

What he was sure of was the amount of guilt he was carrying. Guilt for how he had hurt Hana. Guilt for not thinking of Izuku as he confessed in front of all of their friends. How could he just say that with his boyfriend right there? They loved each other, but he knew that the greenette’s patience with him would run out at some point.

“Are you going to leave me, Izu?” Katsuki turned to face his boyfriend. Izuku’s gaze was focused on his trembling hands in his lap. His lips were slightly parted, and tears were slipping between them.

“I don’t know, Kacchan.” Izuku whispered. His mind was flipping through all of their years together. School, their first jobs as heroes, holidays with their families, all the ways they had changed since childhood. He suddenly ached for the simplicity of waking up in his childhood bed. His mom pulling him into a safe hug. Things were simpler when they were younger. Before they grew up and the world had started taking them apart piece by piece. That’s it. We just need to go home. At least for the night.

Going home always reminds Kacchan of how easy things used to be. Not so much when we were teenagers, but when we were little and after we got together. Tonight was bad, but if anything it may have changed the outcome of our situation. I love Hana and some of the things Kacchan said to her were absolutely wrong, but I think it did help him realize some things about her. Honestly, after that would Hana even want to be around him anymore?

I still don’t want to give up on Kacchan. Fuck what everyone else is probably thinking right now. Going home could help us figure out if we could go back to the way things were.

Izuku didn’t waste a second debating his plan with Katsuki. He simple turned the car on and backed out of the spot.

“W-where are we going?” Katsuki adjusted himself in his seat. He searched Izuku’s face for some clarity.

“Home, Kacchan. Like home, home.”

Katsuki didn’t want to risk pushing Izuku any further away. He was still unsure of his decision. If he still had one left to make. The ride home was done in silence. When they got into the apartment, he helped Izuku pack their bags. Once they were leaving, he realized he had left his phone back at the park. Kiri had already texted Izuku and told him that he found it and would bring it to their place tomorrow after his date with Mina. She of course had said yes.

Izuku pushed him towards the door but Katsuki stood still.

“What? We are leaving. What do you need your phone so bad for?” The greenette still hadn’t looked the blonde in the eye since they had left the park. He kept his eyes level with Katsuki’s chest. His lashes fluttered with frustration.

“Look, I know you don’t want to hear this right now…” Katsuki leaned back against the door. “But I realized that I went to fucking far with Hana tonight. Even just as friends. I want to...” The blonde sighed heavily with a tight chest. “…apologize.”

Izuku closed his eyes and thought about what Katsuki said. His hand shook around the straps of his overnight bag. He was pissed that his boyfriend was so concerned about Hana when he had yet to apologize to him, but he also understood that Katsuki felt bad about the things he said in the heat of the moment. His good nature won the battle.

“Okay, okay.” Izuku dropped the bag and drew his cellphone from his pocket. It was dead. Damnit. Katsuki rolled his eyes.

Plan B.

Izuku grabbed a pen and paper from the console table by the door. He scribbled a note on it. The bulk of it he wrote quickly, but he hesitated over the ending.

Once he was finished, he pushed past Katsuki’s body blocking the door and threw it open. He slipped the note under Hana’s door. There was no light coming from underneath it, so he assumed she hadn’t come home yet. He couldn’t stop himself from wondering where she was, but he shook it off and stalked back into his apartment to grab his bag.

“I left her a note and told her about our shitty phone situation right now. I told her we’d call her later and that we’d be back tomorrow to talk. Now, let’s go Kacchan. If we leave now, we can make it before our parents go to bed.”

Katsuki spared one last look at Hana’s darkened door before he followed Izuku into the elevator.

Fifteen minutes later…

Hana and Dabi approached the front door of her apartment slowly. The boy’s car hadn’t been out back, so they figured at least one of them wasn’t home. They were both silently hoping it was the blonde who was missing.

There hadn’t been any noise coming from their side of the hallway, so Hana slipped her key into her door with relaxed shoulders. Dabi opened it for her and stepped inside.

Hana had been quiet for most of the ride, but Toga was doing her best to cheer her up with dirty jokes and stories from their past trips to Dabi’s cabin. The brunette was actually looking forward to spending the night in the mountains. It was one of her safe places.

She smiled at Dabi lightly before dipping into her bedroom to pack.

Dabi was waiting for her by the door to keep an ear out for the guys in case they showed up. He could tell Hana wasn’t in the mood for another round with Katsuki and he wanted to make sure she was okay.

When he took a step deeper into the apartment, he felt something crumple beneath his foot. It was a piece of paper. He picked it up and leaned against the kitchen island to read it.

Hana,

K left his phone at the park. Mine is dead. We are going to Musutafu for the night to see our parents. We’ll call you later tonight. K feels bad for what he said to you. I don’t really know how I feel.

We’ll be back tomorrow,

Izu

Dabi pondered over the words, before checking his watch and shoving the note into his pocket. It was 7pm.

So, he feels bad for what he said. That may be true and Midoriya may have good intentions, but she needs a break.

Dabi remembered how pale and thin Hana looked under the rainbow lights of the dance floor. She hadn’t been eating well and she kept odd hours. She probably wasn’t sleeping enough. That plus the stress she is under at work and here at home…

She needs a break. Some space. If we leave now, estimating that her neighbors probably left within the hour of them getting here, we could be driving up the mountain where there is no cell service in about 45 minutes. It’s an hour and a half drive to Musutafu. It’ll be tight, but I think it’s for the best…

Hana walked back into the living room. Dabi released the crumpled piece of paper in his pocket. He could see the phone charger hanging out the side of Hana’s tote bag.

“Ready.” Hana raised a measly smile to his piercing blue eyes.

“Trust me, Hana. This little trip will be a good thing. It’ll clear your head.” Dabi smiled and pulled her into a soft hug. She gripped the back of his shirt tightly and leaned into the embrace. Dabi draped his left hand down into her bag and quietly dislodged the phone charger.

He released her from the hug and led her towards the door with his left arm. Once she was in the hallway, he turned around to close it and let the charger fall silently onto the doormat just inside.

“Let’s go, Kitten.” Dabi intertwined his fingers with Hana’s. Her heart stammered every time he called her that. She wondered why he hadn’t asked her to explain her loud conversation with the blonde this evening, but she didn’t feel like questioning it right now. Right now, it felt good to beside him. Just the two of them.

Notes:

Sheeeeeesh.

Songs in order.

1. "Bomb Threat"- Chauncey 666
https://youtu.be/3fMu-qkxXhU

2. "Crying in Miami"- Starletta
https://youtu.be/7aZX5CWeAmg

3. "Dancin"-Aaron Smith (Kronos Remix)
https://youtu.be/8pm_KoguqPM

4. "Royal Moon"-Ruby Haunt
https://youtu.be/gab-gkBBh_U

I tried to pick stuff that I felt like was universally likable. The last one is a personal favorite. I play it a lot when I write.

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. The next one is going to be a lot darker...prepare yourself. I might have to change my tags for it. Knifeplay, anyone?

Chapter 16

Summary:

“Dabi, I’m already covered in various types of burns, stab wounds, and bite marks.” Laughs entered the closed space between them. “After tonight, at the park, I don’t know if things will get any better between me and him. But right now...I’d rather kiss you, and see what happens, than live my whole life regretting that I never did.”

Or: Hana indulges in an evil game outside of a cabin in the woods with Dabi, Kai and Toga. Our two favorite pro-heroes make a trip to see Mama Inko.

Notes:

TW/Warning in general. There is a lot of violence and blood in this chapter.
If you don't like that stuff, I understand.

This chapter is pretty epic.

Some song reccs at the end, bc I like sharing what inspired me.

 

Enjoy, guys xD

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

An hour after Dabi and Hana left her apartment, they were turning into the driveway of his cabin. The brunette’s spirit had been lifted some by Toga’s commentary from the backseat. She now knew about Toga’s first kiss with a neighborhood boy she later beat up for his lunch money and how Kai can’t handle more than 8 shots of vodka or he might accidently disintegrate the neighborhood cat.

Forty-five minutes into the drive her phone had lost service. She hadn’t gotten any calls or texts from the two heroes but that didn’t surprise her. Hana wasn’t exactly looking to attempt to make contact herself, but she debated letting someone know where she was going. If they still cared.

They reached a clearing at the end of the tree lined driveway. It dead-ended at the porch of Dabi’s cabin. It was what you would expect a cabin in the middle of the woods to look like. Two stories of warm toned wood with a wide front porch and woodshed. It was the view that was extraordinary. From her passenger side window with the light of the moon, she could look down the mountainside over miles of trees and hills. Near the bottom, lights of the small city below twinkled. The sky was lighter in the direction of the big city they had come from.

Toga and Kai quickly unbuckled and got out to lug in their things. Dabi tossed Kai his keys through his open window. The cold air rushed in around him and he reached down to crank up the heat.

Dabi didn’t seem to be in a rush to get out. He must be ready to talk.

She peered over at him with curiosity. He had an elbow propped on the open seal of the window. He was supporting his forehead with a long pale finger while he settled his gaze into her eyes.

“You want to talk or…” Dabi’s low, calm voice flowed out the open window.

Hana thought about where to even start. Katsuki had covered a lot of ground with his rant. Confessing and then questioning her love for him. Sealing the deal with a scarlet letter “A” on her chest by twisting what he knew about her past.

The brunette wasn’t so bothered that everyone witnessed her beheading. She had discovered long ago that she couldn’t control what others thought of her. She only controlled the value of other’s opinions.

The value of Katsuki’s opinion; however, is very high.

Hana hadn’t fully digested everything he had said to her. She felt numb. Unaffected by the chilly air flowing Dabi’s window and uncured by the swirls of warm air blasting through the vents.

She wasn’t ready to feel everything Katsuki had said. She knew it would hurt. Too much. But she supposed she could talk about it. Superficially, like a story.

She assumed she should start at the beginning. The brunette inhaled more icy air into her lungs and licked her chapped lips.

“What I said to Kats—” Dabi let her linger at the starting line a little longer.

“That…was nothing I didn’t already know.” He smirked before taking one of her hands into his own. “It’s hard to answer when you started to love someone, but it’s easy to see.”

“That night after our first date. I saw it.” Dabi squeezed her cool fingers. Hana leaned back against the headrest. She was always impressed by Dabi’s ability to understand what she was going through. “How defensive and protective he was of you. Then it ended up being him who hurt you…he couldn’t understand that.”

“Then when his boyfriend decided to yell at him to get him to calm down, it was you who walked over and actually succeeded in doing it.” Dabi dropped his elbow inside the car and fished his vape out of his pocket. “That was love.”

“What came after he confessed tonight was fear.” Hana swiveled her head to the side to face him. “I think he made up his mind for a moment, but then he saw Midoriya and got scared. The thought of leaving him or hurting him, maybe? The shock and awe of all his friends witnessing it? I’m not sure, but I didn’t understand much of what he said after.”

Hana listened quietly as the raven-haired ex-villain laid out her own thoughts.

“I saw Kats yesterday. I know I told you I was giving him space after Sunday, but he was losing his mind in his apartment. I didn’t know that Izu was doing the same thing to him by working overtime and secretly hiding at Sho’s.” Hana cocked her eyebrows and Dabi dipped his head into a shallow laugh. “We went on a hike. We’re both into that kind of thing. Figured it would help clear his mind.”

“We got to the end and sat down to have lunch. He was opening up to me about what’s been going on inside his head.” Hana twisted a curl tightly with her free hand. “I told him about a relationship that I had been in back in the States. I thought it would give him some clarity as to what it’s like to lose that first real love. How the ones after compare.”

Dabi let out clouds of smoke and peered up at the night sky as he listened. He had been in love a couple times. The first woman he had been in love with left once she accepted that he wasn’t going to deal with his familial issues anytime soon. The second woman ended things when Dabi started meeting up with Shigaraki. He remembered how being with them made him feel. Softer. Warm. Lots of emotions that assured him he wouldn’t turn out like his father when he actually did find the right one.

“I had been with the same guy since high school…and how it ended pretty much spurred me coming here.” Hana dropped the tangled clump of hair and smoothed her fingers over the chain of her necklace. “I didn’t tell Kats as much as I told you now…but he must have made some assumptions. Distorted them to fit his theatrics.”

Hana sucked her teeth and moved her gaze to the windshield ahead. Dabi sat silently next to her. He traced from her golden eyes down to her fingertips touching the necklace with his eyes. If anything, Hana has a better idea of what that punkass is going through right now more than anyone else. He knew that. And he still laid into her like that? He even went so far as to vaguely slut shame her.

“Have you heard from them?” Dabi cleared his throat. His thumb rubbed small circles onto the back of Hana’s palm. He had seen Hana check her phone several times during the drive. He wasn’t sure if she had gotten a message before they reached the mountain where there was no signal.

Dabi had texted Kai while he was loading Hana’s bag in the car. He asked him to disconnect the WIFI router when he got inside the cabin before them. His best friend hadn’t responded. He only nodded in the rearview when Dabi looked back to check. Kai knew that Dabi wasn’t planning anything of malice, he was just protecting Hana and giving her space from her “neighbors”.

“No, but I’m not exactly shocked.” But still hoping. Hana unbuckled her seatbelt to start gathering her things. Once she was standing at the tailgate of Dabi’s jeep the ex-villain pulled her into a hug. She smiled into his chest widely.

“I think you need some time off the grid to get some perspective. It’ll be good for you. I don’t know if you noticed but there isn’t any service out here...” Dabi released the brunette and reached to grab her bag.

Hana nodded sarcastically.

“Yea, I did notice that a few miles back.” She looked down to check her phone one last time before climbing the front porch steps of Dabi’s cabin.

8:30pm.

No new calls or messages and fuck-all for cell service.

Miles Away in Musutafu…

The two heroes were finishing up tea with Inko Midoriya. In their old neighborhood, they weren’t surprised to see all the lights out in the Bakugou house. They were a family that collectively enjoyed going to bed at 8pm.

At the Midoriya house, the soft glow of the television through the windows confirmed their suspicion that Izuku’s mom was still awake. She enjoyed watching her shows at night. Right now, she was following their Horror Movie Marathon from afar. Hana or Katsuki would text her what movies they were watching in accordance with the month-long Halloween celebration. Inko had been a horror movie, Rob Zombie fanatic long before the three of them were ever born. She was the coolest.

When they knocked on the door, she was deeply surprised. She was wearing her comfiest sweatsuit with her hair up in a bun and a bucket of popcorn clenched to her chest.

As they sipped the remnants of their tea, Izuku launched into a full-blown tirade about his mother walking back and forth from work and the grocery store. Her car had been in the shop for a few days. She assured them it would be finished by this upcoming Wednesday and that she enjoyed getting in the extra steps. It did her body good.

Izuku reminded her that her body had only been “good” from cancer for less than a year. Inko had fought and won her battle against stage 2 lung cancer. The boys and Hana, along with the Bakugou’s, had been by her side through it. They were all glad to see her healthy again, but Izuku didn’t want his mom to push herself too hard.

Inko clued into her son’s tense shoulders and raised voice. He wasn’t usually so intense.

“Izuku honey, you seem on edge tonight. I don’t mind the surprise visit, but is everything okay?” Katsuki and Izuku shared looks of agitation. The blonde huffed and focused his gaze back on the glowing television screen. Inko narrowed her eyes at the distance between them on the couch and Katsuki’s standoffish behavior. “Is it because my sweet Hana didn’t make the trip with you?”

Izuku groaned into the silence between himself and his boyfriend. Katsuki didn’t bat an eye. He just crossed his arms and glared forward.

“You three are all so close. I’m sure it’s throwing you guys off not having her around.” Inko brought the mug of tea to her lips, but quickly gasped over the warm drink. Her eyes lit up. “Don’t tell me. Is she on a date?”

Katsuki flinched at the question and Izuku gripped the soft arm of the couch while avoiding eye contact with his mother.

“Oh, boys.” Ink smiled to herself and sipped from her mug. “Hana is a beautiful young lady, you had to know she would eventually meet someone. You two are a perfect couple. Being around you so much probably encouraged Hana to get out there and meet someone for herself!”

Inko truly did love Hana. She thought that Hana was a very independent woman and that strength set a good example for her son. He always had such respect for female heroes and Inko liked to remind him that Hana, as a healer, was one too. Mother Midoriya also believed that Hana’s strength included her backbone. She held up to Katsuki’s temper like a reinforced steel vault.

Katsuki quietly excused himself. He grabbed Izuku’s phone off the charger and dipped into the hallway bathroom. Izuku was left speechless and alone in the living room with his curious mother’s questions.

The blonde immediately put in the greenette’s passcode and dialed Hana’s number.

Unavailable.

Katsuki looked down at the phone in his hands. No ring or option to leave a voicemail. He dialed again.

Unavailable.

“What the fuck…” The blonde hissed quietly.

It didn’t even ring or go to voicemail. It would have at least gone to voicemail if it was dead. That means…she’s somewhere out of signal range?

Where the fuck could that be?

Katsuki heard the door creak open behind him. He turned around to see green hair poke through.

“Yea, mom. Get some rest. We’ll see you in the morning!” Izuku said goodnight to his mother before slamming the door behind him. “WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!”

Izuku’s green eyes flicked between Katsuki’s stunned face and his phone in his boyfriend’s hand. Hana.

“Seriously, Kacchan??” Izuku tore the phone from the blonde’s fingers. “We haven’t even talked yet. You were dead silent the whole car ride. Which I was fine with then because I needed to calm down, but you are seriously hiding in my mom’s bathroom with my stolen phone to call Hana!?”

Katsuki crinkled his toes into the plush, pink bathmat beneath his feet. He rubbed the back of his head before admitting his suspicions to his boyfriend.

“Okay listen, we are going to talk about everything. I promise, Izu. But fucking hear me out…” Katsuki brought strong hands to the tops of Izuku’s shoulders. The greenette’s cheeks were pink with anger but he tipped his head to listen. “I tried calling her. It gave me the unavailable message you get when someone doesn’t have service. Not even a voicemail.” Katsuki cocked his eyebrows. Izuku’s shoulders had relaxed some, but not fully.

“You left her the note, right?” Katsuki stopped to lick his lips. “If she saw the note, especially since it was written by you and not me, she at least would have kept her phone charged and answered.”

Izuku shuddered. After the way I looked at her at the park…I’m not so sure about that, Kacchan. He took a second to think about Katsuki’s logic.

If she saw the note…Hana might have at least answered. But that’s if she came home to find it.

He said that her phone was “unavailable”. He wouldn’t have gotten that message if she was anywhere in the city. Hell, anywhere with streetlights. He would have at least gotten her voicemail if the phone was off.

That is strange.

“Okay, Kacchan. I’ll strategize with you.” Izuku shrugged away from the blonde’s sweaty palms. The blonde frowned at himself in the reflection of the mirror behind Izuku. “She’s definitely out of range of any cell towers if you got that message. I’ll call Jirou and see if Dabi told her where they were going tonight, but you and I have to talk.”

“Also, my mom is borrowing your car until hers is fixed. We can take the train back tomorrow.” Izuku could her the muscles in his boyfriend’s face scrunch up into a snarl.

Katsuki huffed and followed his boyfriend down the hallway to his childhood bedroom. Izuku whispered on the phone with Jirou for a few minutes while Katsuki sprawled out across the twin-sized between with All Might sheets and a matching duvet. When Izuku got off the phone Katsuki sat up.

“Jirou doesn’t know anything.” Katsuki looked at him blankly with a slack jaw and hooded eyes.

“Wow. Thanks, Ears for the steaming pile of fucking nothing. Loading her best friend into a car with a gang of juvie dropouts without asking where they were going!” Katsuki’s eyes were burning red. Beads of sweat formed on his forehead.

Izuku hushed his boyfriend by placing a firm hand across his mouth. Katsuki continue to garble against his palm.

“She doesn’t know where they went, BUT she trusts Dabi. She went by Hana’s after we left to check on her. She was freaked about Hana spacing out back at the park.” Izuku sat down beside Katsuki on the narrow mattress. “She said the note was gone, but her place was empty. Some of the dresser drawers left open. So, Hana at least saw it. She’ll probably be back tomorrow.”

Katsuki pushed Izuku’s hand off of his face before throwing himself back on the bed. He crossed his arms and huffed. His barefoot tapped against the side of Izuku’s desk. He was still frustrated. She really isn’t at home. She got the note, but got the hell out of dodge? Not out of dodge, but away from me. Even after she saw the note, she still left…to go fucking where?

Izuku rolled his eyes at Katsuki’s foot tapping. He laid down next to him and put an arm across his chest.

“We’ll go home in the morning. Will that make you feel better?” The greenette realized that the sudden trip to see their parents wasn’t healing their relationship like he thought it would. The feeling of his All Might duvet beneath him and the brief hint of relief he had when he hugged his mother hadn’t lived up to his expectations either.

“Maybe. Do you still want to talk?” Katsuki brought a calloused thumb to run the length of Izuku’s scarred forearm. He felt bad for unloading his emotions and thoughts onto everyone. If the blonde had it his way, before admitting his true feelings for Izuku and years of therapy, he would have still kept everything bottled up inside and just fucking dealt with it. No need for his whole life to become a mess.

“No, Kacchan.” Izuku sighed heavily into his boyfriend’s ear as he nuzzled deeper into the pillow. The greenette felt defeated. “I think I’m too tired. I don’t want to say anything I don’t mean.”

Katsuki hummed his response into green hair.

Back at Dabi’s Cabin…

Hana and the Dabi Squad had been at the cabin for a couple hours. It was nearing 10:30. Toga had resumed her usual role as bartender and was keeping the group’s cups full of gut rotting liquor.

They all had a few drinks. Hana was snuggled up next to Dabi on a tan leather couch in the center of the living room. The furnishings were very woodsy, but with a modern touch. It fit how natural and comfortable Dabi’s vibe was. Lots of live edge and mixed metals. A light fixture made of black metal and Einstein bulbs hung above the coffee table of the living room and coated the evening in warm light.

They had already played a few rounds of Never Have I Ever and Captain Dickhead when Toga started to whine about finding a different game. She hated being behind Dabi when anyone pulled a waterfall card. The raven-haired man could knock out two cups of whatever he was drinking before he stopped chugging.

She sat up straight suddenly, her buns bobbled above her forehead, and she looked at Hana with a maniacal stare.

“I’ve got an idea…” Toga twinkled her fingers in front of her. “We could play Three.”

Kai laughed lightly in his chair through a sly grin. Toga reached behind where she had propped herself against his knees on the floor sitting cross-legged to squeeze his thigh.

Dabi pulled Hana a little closer to him before answering Toga.

“I don’t know about that, Toga. Hana might not be up to it.” Hana craned her neck to look back at him with a smirk. He hovered his lips just in front of hers and when he spoke it electrified every nerve in her body. “She’s probably never hurt anyone before…”

The brunette fluttered her eyelids before narrowing them into a squint at the ex-villain. She put a hand against his firm chest to push herself backwards.

“What’s Three?” Toga squealed at Hana’s question.

“It’s only the best, bloodiest game ever. You’re going to love it, Hana Boo Boo. I can see a kind of darkness to you sometimes.” Toga winked at the brunette feeding into her excitement. “You’ve just got to embrace it.”

“Just tell her the rules, Toga.” Kai rolled his eyes and hit the blunt between his fingers before passing it to Hana. The petite healer was partaking this evening. It had been a long day, and what nerves she had left from Katsuki’s tantrum and being alone with Dabi were raw. She inhaled the smoke slowly and let it roast her lungs before it came billowing out.

“It’s pretty much a dick measuring contest.” All four of them laughed briefly at Toga’s humor. “Dabi has all these pretty tools, knives, hammers, razor blades. You name it! You can even use your quirk…unless you’re Kai…or you, really.” Toga winced and gritted her teeth. “The point is one person is tied to this tree out back and another person gets three chances to hurt them until they make a noise. If you make a noise you’re done. The person that made you scream, cry or puke then gets on the tree and someone else does the same thing to them. It just keeps repeating until we see who can take the most pain or dish it out!”

“It’s so fun!” Toga seethed with balled-up fists and furrowed brows.

Hana blinked at her absently.

“And we can go super hard tonight, since you’re here to heal us up!!”

“You guys play this game without a healer around?” Hana swallowed a gulp of air. “How do you heal then?”

“It’s simple.” Kai mocked. “We just get the fuck over it.”

The three ex-villains threw their heads back in laughter. Hana cocked an eyebrow and gave all of their faces a good observation. They all hurt each other and then just get the fuck over it?

Hana recalled all the times she had watched Katsuki spar with Kiri when he was in a bad mood. Kiri would let the blonde rage out on his hardened body and never complain. I guess that’s the same as this almost….

“So, you think your dick will measure up, Hana?” Dabi squeezed her waist lightly and tickled her neck with his nose. She blushed and locked eyes with him on his way up to kiss her lips.

“I think it’s big enough to fuck with.”

Soon enough, they were all outside. Dabi met them in the backyard with a duffel bag from his trunk. He spread the contents out over a large stump. It was just how Toga described. Blades, hammers, shurikens, and knives glinted in the moonlight hanging above them.

He just keeps this shit in his trunk? The fuck?

Hana thought to herself as she watched Toga bind Kai’s wrists in the leather restraints hanging off two trees that had been banded together with rope into the shape of a makeshift cross.

A bit “sacrelig” but fuck it.

“Toga and Kai are going first to give you a proper example.” Dabi pulled Hana backwards towards him so she could sit in his lap on top of the large stump. “Believe me, this is the best seat in the house.”

Hana rolled her eyes and acted like his whispering voice in her ear hadn’t made her toes curl.

“Toga, you haven’t picked a weapon yet.” Dabi called out to the petite blonde who was already sizing up Kai on the tree in front of her.

“Oh. You know I keep that thang on me.” Two switchblades slid out from both sleeves of the sunflower printed long sleeve shirt and into small hands.

Dabi brought a palm to his face briefly. Hana giggled in his other arm.

Toga glided closer to Kai on the makeshift cross. Her eyes narrowing with each smooth step over the frosted blades of grass.

He watched her advance towards him aimlessly. His sleeves were crumpled underneath the worn leather straps. Both ankles were crossed over the small stump beneath his feet. Hana couldn’t tell if he was really not scared of Toga or if he was putting up a front. He did used to be the biggest “bad” around.

“So, Kai.” Toga ran the smooth edge of one of the blades against her tongue. “You tired of being Dabi’s errand boy yet?”

Kai chuckled to himself, but his eyebrow twitched at the words. Toga noticed the small hurt reaction and bolted forward to make her first strike.

She sliced through the thin fabric of Kai’s shirt straight to his skin. Her knife shallowly slid down the entire length of his left arm. Bright red blood poured out onto the cold ground below.

Kai had stopped laughing by sucking in a short breath. He kept his eyes focused on Toga’s blade the entire time. He couldn’t help but seek enjoyment from the few things that could touch him and not explode.

“Nice try, T.” Kai grinned up at her. “Got to try harder though.”

Toga gritted her teeth with a little frustration. She retraced her steps and started circling the makeshift cross as if she was stalking prey.

Dabi angled his neck downward to look at Hana cradled against his chest. He was worried she might be disgusted. His concerns were well warranted, but unnecessary.

Hana wasn’t aware of Dabi’s inspection of her mental state. Her lips were slightly parted and her eyes glassy. She was captivated by the sight of blood dripping off of Kai’s arm and down to the cold ground below. It was at least 15 degrees cooler on the mountain, and she could see the steam rising the from the dark pool of blood. Her medical brain knew the blood was red, but it appeared black and shiny in the moonlight.

Dabi ran a cool thumb over the jugular vein in Hana’s neck. He expected her pulse to be racing but it was thick and slow as her eyes remained focused on Kai’s suspended body in front of her. She’s into it.

Toga spoke again. Dabi followed the sound of her voice back to the scene in front of him. He stroked the smooth skin of Hana’s neck under his thumb. She leaned into the touch absentmindedly.

“I’m just getting warmed up, Kai. No need to try and act so cool for your boyfriend.” Toga smiled widely. She took the blood-soaked blade to her tongue once more and licked it clean. Kai reacted to her actions by craning his neck to the side.

Toga was still walking circles around him. She suddenly climbed up on the tree behind him. Her cheek hovering an inch away from his bare face. Kai turned his neck to the opposite side to avoid touching her. Obviously thrown off by her close proximity.

Hana didn’t see when Toga wrapped her arm around his abdomen, but she did see the white flash of Kai’s teeth. Toga dragged her blade from one side of his stomach to the other. Deeper this time.

Blood poured from the gaping hole she had made in his black shirt. The cut edges of the material could hardly be differentiated from the dark liquid pouring from his fresh wound.

Kai threw his back against the tree harshly. His breathing had become more ragged, but he hadn’t made any noise otherwise.

“Really, Kai?” Toga mocked as she ran the smooth edge of the blade over Kai’s lips this time. “I expected more from a nobody that used to be the head of the Yakuza…but I guess I was wrong.”

Kai’s lips peeled back into an absolute scowl. His own blood dribbled down his chin.

Toga seized the opportunity to drop the blade back down level to the cut she had just made. She dug it underneath the edge of his open flesh. Kai scoffed in pain over bits of blood that still lingered on his lips.

“I win.”

Toga climbed down and started undoing the clasps around Kai’s wrists. He smirked at her evilly but used her shoulder as a crutch to get down. She covered her hand with an oversized sleeve and wiped the blood from his face. Kai petted her head gently with a gloved hand as they walked back towards Hana and Dabi on the stump.

“I thought you were going to use your quirk there for a second Toga.” Kai picked up his drink from the ground and finished it with one gulp.

“Thought about it, but I’m too fucked up. Would’ve came out looking like a freaky mannequin instead of your beloved Dabi.” Toga wiped the blades on her overall dress and slipped them into her pocket.

Hana was blown away by their ability to forget and forgive each other’s harsh words and attempted murder, but she shrugged her shoulders and gave in to the odd method of talk/stab therapy. She stood up and let Kai sit on the stump next to Dabi. He smiled down at her sweetly as she hovered her hands over the deep gash in his abdomen and cut on his left arm. She took a deep breath and put her energy into healing him.

After a couple minutes, the holes in his flesh were resealed and his breathing had evened out. His skin where the cuts had been was shiny and slightly red, but by the morning they’d hardly be visible.

“That is badass.” Kai blinked at her with a large smile on his face. Hana let out a sharp breath as Kai pulled her into a hug with his one fully covered arm. Hana’s sweater and shirt covered his bare skin between them, so she sunk easily into his embrace. “Thanks, Hana.”

He had pinned one arm to her side and the other just hovered against his chest. She figured he didn’t do this often either.

Dabi smiled to himself as he watched Hana loop an arm around his best friend’s back. After a second, she batted open an eye to look back at him. Dabi brought a hand to his heart to let her know that he could see her making a place in his group of friends. Hana rolled her eyes as Kai released her from his grip.

“So, that means Toga and Dabi up next.” Kai glanced between the three of them while lighting his next joint.

“Let’s go, Dabi honey!!” Toga took off in the direction of the tree. Dabi brushed a hand across Hana’s back on his way to follow Toga. She hopped up on the stump next to Kai. She shivered at the feeling of the cold wood seeping through her thin tights. Kai threw his clothed arm over her shoulders and pulled her in close.

Dabi helped Toga get strapped in before looking back at them.

“Don’t fucking push it, Kai. First a hug, now you’re cuddling with my girl…” Dabi’s laughter washed away any real hint of jealous to his comment. Kai only shrugged back at him as he passed Hana the joint.

Dabi rolled his eyes. He had swiped a knife out of his collection. He eyed his reflection in the shiny metal carefully before squaring up with Toga.

“You really did a number on my errand boy, Toga.” Dabi let the words roll off of his tongue slowly as he approached her. Eyes searching for a moment of opportunity. “Made me wonder, did you say all of that because you’re jealous?”

Toga didn’t have the same stoic abilities as Kai. She let her thoughts flow freely, even in the face of a friend looking for a weakness.

“Dabi, honey. What could he possibly have for me to be jealous of?” Toga smiled open-mouthed and evilly. “I can actually touch the people I love. He can only touch those he isn’t scared to kill.”

Kai shuddered behind Hana. He moved his gaze to focus on the joint in his leather gloved hand. The brunette nuzzled closer to him and he felt her warm breath against the exposed skin beneath his glove where it lingered between them. His chest tightened when he looked down to meet warm, golden eyes.

"She's full of shit." Hana whispered and Kai squeezed her waist tightly. Her attempt to make him feel better was successful.

“You’re not exactly right, but that’s not really my point.” Dabi came toe to toe with the stump supporting Toga’s weight. “What I mean is, out of the people that Kai has actually tried to have a certain physical touch with, it’s never been you has it?”

Dabi paused to let Toga’s manic brain catch up to the meaning of his words. He loitered his blade toilfully at Toga’s right side.

“I mean, you live with him, eat with him, but you don’t sleep with him. Am I right?”

Dabi grinned toothlessly as Toga’s shoulders started to rattle with anger. There it is. My opportunity.

A flash of blue ignited under Toga’s left arm. Dabi used his fingertips to hold the blue flame to Toga’s pale skin.

The petite blonde’s shoulders pressed against the tree behind her. She met Dabi’s eyes with a scathing, pursed lip look.

He stopped after a few seconds to take in every ounce of hate that Toga had to give. Hana and Kai exchanged half-lidded glances over a cloud of smoke. Toga’s voice pierced through their haze.

“You’re one to talk about jealousy.” She spat to the left of where Dabi was standing. Her eyes flickered over Hana, before returning to Dabi. “You think those flames compare to Bakugou’s?”

“What about that fire we saw between him and Hana tonight? Going to have to do better than that if you want to show off for Blasty’s Hana.”

Toga grinned wide. Proud at her attempt to knock Dabi off his game.

Dabi kept an even face. His fingers tightening around the blade was the only proof of any blow to his confidence that Hana could see. If there was one.

Dabi rocked back on his heels. He let a smooth smirk occupy his face. The ocean water blue of his eyes sparkled against the dark night.

“That’s sweet, Toga. But I know better than to compete against a man child who is too scared to take what he wants.” Dabi laughed evilly as he let the tip of his blade make circles against Toga’s open right palm. “If you want to talk jealousy, let’s talk about that weakass high school girl act you put on for your Izukubabe tonight. Think you have a big enough dick to make him leave Blasty’s bed?”

Toga sucked her teeth and wrinkled her nose at Dabi. Before she could think of what to say next, she felt the knife in Dabi’s right hand sink into the soft skin of her palm.

Heat welled up in her throat, but she sealed her lips up tight.

Her mouth went dry when she felt the heat of Dabi’s hand enclose her left hand into a ball of blue flames.

The scream that leapt from her chest was involuntary, but loud. It shook the leaves on the trees around them. Hana and Kai jumped at the shrill sound.

Dabi withdrew the knife and brought the side of the blade to rest beneath Toga’s chin.

“My apologies, blondie. You’re just too easy…” Toga smirked. Her palms ached beyond the restraints. She was a sore loser, but she understood it was the way the game was played.

She lifted her head and smiled at him. Big and goofy.

“No biggie, Dabi Honey. I bet you did impress your girl.” The petite blonde lapped her own blood off of the blade in front of her with a quick dart of her tongue. Dabi giggled. He reached forward to pet her head with his free hand before helping her down.

Toga approached the stump where Kai and Hana were sitting. They applauded her performance, and she gave them a bow. Hana made quick work of healing Toga’s injuries before passing the blonde her drink.

“So, you and Dabi next huh?” Toga sipped thirstily from her cup as she looked between the two of them with soft eyes.

Hana flinched. She was coming to terms with the situation when she turned around to find that Dabi had already strapped one of his arms to the tree. He smiled at her softly and urged her to take her time picking a toy.

The brunette rolled her eyes at the unavoidably sexual aspect of the game. Toga helped her pick out a longer, lighter blade. Kai nodded at her selection. They both gave her a pat on the back and pushed her towards the tree.

“It’s okay, Kitten.” Dabi’s voice made mushy spots in her brain as she approached him slowly. “It’s your first time and I’m the best at this game. When you lose, don’t beat yourself up too bad. You don’t want to be on the receiving end of this anyway.”

Hana smirked. She let the sounds of her boots on the crisp grass lull her anxiety over Kai and Toga’s watchful gaze and how Dabi’s broad, outstretched chest made me blush. She felt a forgotten area of her mind wake up and shake off the dust.

“You’re pretty competitive, huh?” Hana licked her lips. She let her eyes crawl up Dabi’s towering body slowly. Hovering for a second over the slit of exposed abs between the bottom of his shirt and tight jeans. Once she felt like he had seen her taking in every part of him for long enough she met his eyes. Her golden eyes were steady and confident. He hadn’t answered her question, but his undivided attention was enough.

“You know, Kats is pretty competitive.” She used the nickname sweetly and purposely. To really see if what Toga was saying about Dabi being jealous was true. She truthfully didn't see him as the jealous type. Dabi's more confident and mature. Her efforts were rewarded. Dabi pushed a crushing thumb forward to pop his index finger. Bingo.

She raised the long blade in her hand to lazily hang in the crook between her own thumb and index finger. She was holding it out to the right side of Dabi’s abdomen.

“Guess I have a type.”

Dabi’s lip twitched at a single corner. He didn’t like the idea of Hana comparing the two of them. It wasn’t jealously, just a need for a clear line to be drawn between the two of them. A straight goddamn line drawn between being a man and being an immature brat. A man that can treat Hana the way she deserves and not like she is the reason his fucking relationship is falling apart.

No. Hana deserves better than that.

Dabi’s eyes faulted away from hers for a single second.

Hana isolated her movements to a single appendage. She flipped the blade downward with a flick of her wrist. Dabi didn’t react to her movement, he was still looking past her in thought.

She brought the blade forward quickly to stab into the muscle at the junction of Dabi’s shoulder and torso. A wound that was rough and she hadn’t seen Toga or Dabi do, but she could heal it easily.

The raven-haired ex-villain jumped. His head whipped to the side. He could see Hana’s eyes entranced by the sight of blood dripping down his body, before she blinked and locked eyes with him.

There was a slight blush to her cheeks as her lips slipped into a coy smile. He took a deep breath and exhaled through the pain of having a knife hanging out of his body. Toga and Kai remained wide-eyed and speechless behind them.

“You said that you were the best at this...” Hana used a smooth, sarcastic tone and draped a cool hand on his chest. She climbed up on the stump between his legs to pull the blade out, but before she could wrap her hand around it Dabi spoke. His voice worked the space around her lungs into a tight vice.

“Do your worst, Kitten.” Dabi leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on her cold lips. Hana’s cheeks blushed from the quick touch of cool, chapped skin. Being so close to him wasn’t helping her mind slip back into that steel state. “But know, that if you win, I’ll be just as rough.”

The brunette scoffed. Promise?

Her heartbeat slowed back down as she slipped her fingers around the hilt of the blade.

“Tell me something though, what fuels this side of you?” Dabi leaned forward until their noses were almost touching. “The side of you that drools at the sight of blood and allowed you to stab through me…and into the tree behind me.”

Hana’s eyes bucked open wide. She felt behind Dabi’s body with her free hand until the serrated edges of the blade brushed against her fingertips on the other side. Did I really put that much weight behind it?

“Personally, I fucking love it.” Dabi smirked. She felt his warm breaths against her face. “I don’t know if Bakugou would feel the same way though.”

He wouldn’t…

Hana remained silent; her eyes downturned, lips pressed. Fingers tapping against the handle of the knife.

“And what is so bad about your past that you refuse to tell anyone, huh? What could Blasty’s sweet Hana have done that made her flee her own country?”

Hana’s even temperament splintered. She was done talking about not talking about her past. No one cared before, why is it such a big deal now? Bits of Katsuki’s monologue raged in her mind.

Hana started pulling the blade out of Dabi’s shoulder slowly.

“Before you wriggled your way into our lives. I knew what I wanted then. I had everything I needed…or at least I thought I did.”

Dabi’s entire body cringed from the pain. Through it, he kept his gaze locked onto Hana’s eyes. They looked darker. More tarnished than golden.

“You destroyed that, Hana.”

She pulled on the blade even slower. The sound of each serrated edge pulling through his flesh was wet and muddy. Dabi pulled his lips tight, and his breathing became ragged. Hana’s eyes steadily stormed. Flashes of grassy, tarnished gold and strobing silver.

“But I guess you wouldn’t be here right now if you weren’t good at that sort of thing.”

The tip of the blade finally came out with a clot of blood and tissue. Red streaks ran under the hem of Hana’s sweater and up her arm. She broke her deadeye look into his eyes and hopped down from the stump. Dabi heaved for air and followed the sound of her footsteps until she was behind him.

Hana hurdled herself up on the back of the tree the same way Toga did. One arm looped around the front of Dabi’s chest to hold on tight as she whispered into his ear.

“Everyone is so, so concerned about that. My past, blah blah blah…” Dabi kept his gaze forward. He could maintain his physical composure, but on the inside, he felt a certain heat growing deep in his stomach. He loved the way Hana’s voice was breathy and her words were so jaded. He felt the tip of the knife dancing over the exposed skin of his lower abdomen.

“It’s really starting to piss me off…”

Hana’s words trailed off as she applied pressure to the blade she had been sliding across Dabi’s stomach. His breath hitched in his throat, but his lips didn’t allow any sound to escape.

The hot, red blood dribbled down the front of his pants as Hana came to a stopping point over his right hip. The cut was shallow but the vascular, thin skin of his stomach gaped.

Dabi threw his head back and felt Hana’s lips rub against the smooth skin of his neck. It sent a shock down to that warm spot in his lower belly and his wounds throbbed.

“Let me ask you something though.” Hana’s whisper spoke volumes to his desires. He wanted to win, but Hana was now playing the game in a way he wasn’t used to. I just want this to be over so I can fucking take her inside and f---

Hana’s silky voice stopped his bedroom thoughts.

“If you knew about my past…” Hana stopped to lick the side of Dabi’s scarred neck. She kissed the skin there again, hard and lustily before picking up her words. They were airy, suggestive. Full of what Dabi wanted to be truth and hopefully not just for the game.

“Do you think you could still love me one day?”

The ache of his wounds stopped. So did all attempts he had been making at quieting his shaky breaths. His hard appearance turned into something soft and warm. Shiny staples pressed deeper into Hana’s cool cheek beside him. Of course, I could…or do.

Hana’s next words were whispered over a well-hidden sarcastic tone.

“Like Katsuki does?”

Dabi cut his eyes to peer over at her in torture and with wild betrayal. Floored between a mix of emotions. Oh, right. This is a game.

Hana’s eyes were half closed and directed at the ground. The whites of them were sketched with red. Her presence seemed still. As if her words really did pack some truth.

Could he love her? Would Katsuki after tonight? For a second it felt like she could really have everything. A friendship with her two neighbors after she swallowed the pill of Katsuki and Izuku staying together, the possibility of having a new relationship of her own, friends to spend her time with, a home again.

Then tonight happened. The curtain fell. Her chest heaved and she felt that familiar feeling of burning behind her eyes as she reminded herself that she knew better than to let her expectations rise above shit eating levels.

Dabi’s gaze softened as he watched Hana’s own ragged breathing almost knock her off balance.

She doesn’t think she should be loved at all.

While Dabi dallied in Hana’s mostly false appearance, she steadied herself once more. Her plan was still succeeding. She had moved her hand with the blade from Dabi’s waist to his other shoulder.

Hana softly placed the fingertips of that hand against Dabi’s cheek to find the staple that was closest to his ear. He was none the wiser, caught up in the way the night sky reflected in Hana’s glassy eyes.

Once she found the desired staple, she regripped the blade and slipped the very tip of it underneath. Dabi’s eyes opened wide once he realized what she had done. Hana smiled regretfully, but almost evilly as she ran the blade along the line of staples connecting his two pieces of flesh. Each one made a ripping noise as the ricocheted off the blood-soaked silver blade.

The howl Dabi released was…personal.

Kai and Toga came to their feet. They stumbled drunkenly to his side, neither of them had ever heard him make a sound like that, but Dabi told them to—

“Stop.” The raven-haired man opened his eyes. He had heard their hurried footsteps approaching.

Hana was looking back at him with a smirk. With heavy eyes and a flirty show of teeth, he was deciding on how to wipe it off her face. Letting Toga and Kai pull her off of him or by crashing their lips together by force. The tree holding them up had been weathered by many years of this game. He was pretty sure he could break out of the restraints if he wanted to.

“Well played, Kitten.” Dabi smiled at her softly. Their eyes melted together in a color palette of gold and blue as she leaned forward to meet his lips.

“You guys, Dabi’s face is still hanging off. Can we fix that first before you guys fuck on a literal cross! Heathens…” Kai croaked as he worked on the latches around Dabi’s left hand.

“Speak for yourself, Kai. I like to watch.” Toga said flatly as she worked on the other restraint.

Hana laughed playfully as Dabi pulled her onto his back after she ducked under the arm of the tree. He carried her over to the large stump and sat her down carefully. Toga and Kai excused themselves to top off their drinks.

Hana took some fresh staples from his collection of tools. She helped Dabi replace the ones she had ripped out. She then focused on healing his stab wound and cut.

“You know I could probably heal that for you. At least the ones on your face. You wouldn’t need the staples anymore. Might take a while, but I could try.” Hana peered up into his eyes as she fastened the last one.

“Yea, I’ve noticed that you’ve been doing that when you think I’m not paying attention.” Dabi smirked at her as he took off his blood-soaked sweater. Hana got an eyeful of rigid abs and dark happy trail. I literally don’t remember what he just said to me.

“But I’m good. They don’t bother me.”

Oh yea, the staples that I could totally heal.

Hana swallowed hard and lifted her gaze off of the Greek God body before her and up to blue eyes.

“I figured you would say that.” Hana plopped down on the stump next to him. Toga and Kai were almost back from topping off their drinks. “I get it. It’s your hard outer shell.”

“Outer shell. What the hell are you talking about?” Dabi scoffed and hit his vape.

“Your “OoOo I’m sTiLL bAd even though I own a restaurant now instead of the streets” mask.” Hana laughed and swiped the vape from him. She inhaled a large cloud before setting it free into the thin, cold air. Dabi tugged at her waist with a dramatic, wide-mouthed expression before dishing back the same amount of attitude.

“Whatever, “I’m-a-badass-because-I-stabbed-my-boyfriend-and-smoke-now-Hana.”

Hana’s jaw dropped to her lap.

Dabi made a small “o” with his lips while looking forward with wide eyes.

“You can just ignore what I jus---”

“Boyfriend, huh?” Hana nudged at his exposed side with her elbow. Dabi dropped his head down in pink cheeked embarrassment and bit his lip.

“What do you think about that?” Dabi sat up fully and rolled his head to the side to look at her.

Hana held his piercing blue eyes with hers while she thought. Boyfriend. That seems...

That means I would have to let go of…

“Bakugou.”

Dabi again, spoke what Hana was thinking.

After what he said is there anything left to hold onto.

He did tell me he loved me, before...

Did he really mean any of it?

Hana pulled her cellphone out of her pocket. It was dead.

Fuck. I at least need to talk to him and see where his head is. Properly end things if that’s what he wants…if that’s what I want.

Hana put the useless brick in her back pocket. She lifted her gaze to Dabi’s face. He had his head leaned back to look up at the stars. His prominent Adam’s Apple beamed in the moonlight, along with the rest of his exposed pale chest. The bits of metal added to his overall sparkle. So fucking beautiful.

“I need to at least try to talk to him first.” Dabi dropped his gaze back on her face. He wasn’t smiling, but he wasn’t exactly frowning either. He just appeared understanding, as if he had been reading Hana’s mind the whole time. “To see if there is anything left that either of us want to hold on to.”

Dabi nodded quietly. He wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her close.

“For the record, I know I could love you. Despite whatever big bad you have lurking in your past.” Hana blushed as she hid her face in his neck. “I think I could love you more than him…”

Oh.

“If you’re going next, you’re probably going to want to lose the sweater.” Kai snuck up on them from behind. He tickled at her sides.

“We’re back!” Toga grinned. “And we brought popcorn! If Hana Boo Boo brought Dabi to his knees like that, I can’t wait to see how he makes her pay for it!”

Hana let her sweater slip off her shoulders as she laughed with Toga. She couldn’t stop the smile that was spreading across her face. Dabi just glowed in the moonlight as he looked at her.

Kai pulled Hana up and led her back to the tree to get her strapped in while Dabi picked a toy.

“You scared?” Kai asked her as he closed the last clasp around her wrist. The brunette seemed calmed as he stepped back to observe her.

“Um, I guess not.” Hana hadn’t spent much time contemplating what was about to happen to her. She’d known it was coming all along. “Physical pain is temporary, mostly.”

Kai cocked an eyebrow before crossing his arms and walking away.

“Good luck, bro.” He patted Dabi’s shoulder as he passed each other on his way back to the stump. The raven-haired ex-villain shook his head at the ground.

He approached Hana at a normal walking pace. Only stopping once he was at her feet. They had kept cool eye contact the whole time. She figured he was going to say something any second now. Taunt her. Maybe trick her by using his quirk instead of the knife, like he did with Toga.

Dabi had a different game plan entirely.

His feet had barely come together to stand still when he dropped the knife to the ground.

Hana furrowed her brow at his action.

Dabi smirked and brought both hands to her rib cage. The smell of her burning clothes hit her nose before she felt the tender skin melt beneath his hands.

Hana tensed. She hadn’t prepared for him to strike without taunting her first, but she figured Dabi might have gotten all of his slight comments out when she was up to bat.

The brunette pulled her tongue to the roof of her mouth and swallowed hard. Pushing down any attempts at sound. Her eyes stayed focused on the cerulean blue ones looking back at her.

After a few seconds, he stopped.

“That counts as one, even though I was using both hands.”

Hana exhaled her swallowed breath. Her body relaxed against the tree and she looked down at her scorched shirt. Definitely burnt, but no blood.

“You’re sad that I didn’t make you bleed?” Ahhh…so there will be taunting. Dabi stepped back to take a look at her briefly. “Don’t worry, there will be time for that. Later. “

Before Hana had time to think about healing, Dabi stepped up onto the small stump with her. She could taste his breath as he slipped his empty hand around her neck, yanking it up for their lips to meet roughly.

“Here we go again.” Kai slapped a palm to his face as Toga giggled.

Hana was having trouble getting a grip on Dabi’s unusual tactics, but she wasn’t exactly upset about them. Their tongues chased one another playfully. Dabi’s cold, smooth skin felt good against her burns.

Hana’s core was experiencing relief in a way her neck was about to be jealous of. Dabi’s hand that was gripping at the top of her throat heated up to a small inferno. She could feel the heat everywhere. The more air she breathed in, the further the burn spread. Up to her cheeks, down to her gut and the base of her spine.

She gave him a menacing look through gritted teeth. He smirked before stopping. He swapped out that palm for the cool one with the blade. The smooth, cold flat side of the blade felt amazing against the charred skin of her neck.

“You’re just as tough as I thought you’d be.” Dabi laughed to himself. “I’m not sorry for the rapid attacks, figured you would be expecting witty banter.”

“I figured I'd go easy on you by not taunting you as much. Bakugou did a good enough job of that already.”

Hana couldn’t help but flash him a wicked smile as she inhaled small breaths throw her singed nostrils.

“Well, t-thanks for trying.” Her voice came out raspy from the tightness in her throat. It was still silky in tone, just with an added bit of gravel.

Dabi leaned in close again. His eyelashes tickled her forehead. She could smell the scent of alcohol and burnt cedar coming off of his skin in waves. She focused in on it to make herself calm down.

“Now that we’ve come to an understanding…” Dabi’s voice rattled the nerves at the base of her neck. “I’ve been thinking about something. You knew how you felt for Bakugou for a while before you ever said anything to him about it right?”

Hana didn’t answer. She only focused on the sound of Dabi’s even breaths so she could put her energy into healing her throat.

“You didn’t call things off when you first started feeling something more for Blasty? That’s kind of selfish.” Dabi lingered above her silently to let that sour word sink down to the pit of her stomach. “Another thing, that nickname is too nice for an asshole like that.”

Hana’s nose wrinkled at the name calling. Well, that’s not okay.

“But I digress…” Dabi removed the blade from her throat and let it hang at his side. “Sweet Hana thought she was doing what she could to save her friendship and protect everybody’s favorite sap. Midoriya. She just kept falling more and more head over ass for that asshole. Oops. I meant Bakugou.”

Hana bit her lip hard and threw her head back against the tree. She was chest to chest with Dabi peering back at him with animosity.

Dabi brought the hilt of the blade in a backward flip to wipe at the corner of his mouth with the end of his fist.

“Don’t worry, Hana. I’m on your side. I’m sure when their relationship falls apart, they won’t blame it on you.” Dabi turned his fist around to run his thumb over her flushed cheek. The edge of the blade was level with her eyes. “But wait, Bakugou already does.”

Hana opened her mouth to speak but the only thing that came out was air.

The blade sliced her cheek as it changed direction to plunge into her shoulder. In the same place she had stabbed him. It felt like every single muscle, tendon, and vein at the junction snapped.

There was a soft thud as the blade came through the other side of her body and into the tree. She sucked in as much air as she could to hide the scream that had worked up in her chest. Seconds passed. She could see other colors besides red again. The anger within her stilled.

Dabi looked down at her with raised eyebrows. He had fully expected her to break. If he thought she wouldn’t have, he would have never said what he did. His eyes were apologetic when Hana finally lifted her head from where it had sagged down.

She smirked at his frowned lips and downturned eyes. For some reason she was reminded of their conversation in the car earlier. How Dabi wasn’t surprised to learn that she and Katsuki loved each other…

“That wasn’t anything I didn’t already know, Dabi.”

The raven-haired man smiled at her and shook his head. He kissed her sweetly before grabbing her face with both hands. The knife was shoved into the back of his pants.

“You know I don’t really think that, right?” Dabi smoothed her cheeks with both thumbs as she nodded. “I think those two are the only ones to blame for this. They got into something with you that their relationship couldn’t handle. What made their relationship work in the beginning was already a dimming light.”

“Do you always talk like a fortune cookie after you stab someone?” Hana laughed and it made Dabi’s heart flip upside down.

“Shut up.” Dabi kissed her forehead gently. “But listen, I did kind of say that to prepare you for what they could come at you with when you get back, okay?”

Hana nodded again.

Dabi jumped down from the stump to undo the clasps.

“So does that count as a tie or…” Kai clapped his hands together as he approached the toe of them. Dabi scoffed and rolled his eyes.

“Hana Boo! You’re badass, chick!! I knew you would win!” Toga clapped in time with Kai as she hopped up and down.

Dabi undid the last clasp before turning around to help Hana.

Kai was already there. He lifted Hana up by her underarms to keep a safe distance between them.

“Kai. Seriously?” Dabi waved both hands in the air at his best friend.

“Dude. She poked more holes in you than a piece of Swiss cheese. Don’t snub me for helping the winner to the ground!”

“I thought you said we tied!” Dabi grunted over crossed arms.

“Yea…I lied.” Kai, Hana, and Toga exchanged wide smiles and snickered loudly.

It was 1am before they made it inside. They had played another round of Three. This time Dabi was the rightful winner. Him and Kai had been the last men standing. Kai fought hard to get to the end after losing in the beginning the first round. Hana was covered in cigarette burns, Dabi burns, and a few bite marks on her arms from Toga before the night was over. She had almost maxed out her quirk. So, she could only heal everyone, including herself, to the point where they weren’t profusely bleeding anymore. She wasn’t worried about it though. At the top of her banged up figure was a big smile. They all gave in to the munchies at the end of the night in the living room of Dabi’s cabin. Even Hana had more than one snack cake and a bag of popcorn. She would ask for forgiveness from her tight stomach later.

After they had all gorged on enough junk food from whatever dry goods Dabi kept there, Toga and Kai called it a night. Hana and Dabi waved goodnight to them as they split into their bedroom’s downstairs.

The raven-haired ex-villain fixed Hana a tall glass of water after he told her to go ahead and shower upstairs. He’d meet her up there in a minute.

Hana went into the bathroom connected to the master bedroom that she assumed was Dabi’s. It was the only room upstairs. She peeled the sticky, burned clothes off of her body before stepping into the steaming shower. Her hair was mostly blood free, although a few of her ends had been melted together. She clipped it up above her head before she got in.

It took her about 20 minutes to wash off what she could decipher was dirt and not burned skin. When she got out, she threw on one of her college t-shirts. It was one of the few she owned that were actually hers. The brunette slid on a pair of shorts underneath and stepped back out into the bedroom.

The room had a large king-sized bed, white fur rug and woodburning fireplace. Dabi must have lit it while she was in the shower.

Hana threw herself down on the grey duvet covering the large bed. She leaned over the edge to dig in her bag for her phone charger. She couldn’t find it.

Not like I have signal anyway.

She laid back down amidst the fluffy pillows and twirled softly at the curls coming out of the top of her head.

Her body ached from the game and her face was sore from laughing all night. She had fun playing Three with Dabi, Toga, and Kai. She forgot how tough she really could be. Her mind also just felt lighter. What happened at the park felt years away. Dabi was right about getting a fresh perspective.

The door from the hallway that led into the room creaked open. Hana turned to see Dabi walking in wearing a towel around his waist. His rippled back was still covered in tiny droplets of water from his shower. He raked his fingers through black hair to push it out of his face. Hana jumped when he turned around to lock eyes with her.

Her mouth was slightly open as she twirled her fingers faster around her hair. The entire room was covered in a different kind of light.

Crackling fireplace as the only source of light in the room. Fur rug. Wet, sexy, tall, dark, and mysterious man in nothing but a towel.

Oh, fuckkkkkk me.

Hana gave him a tight, close lipped smile as she reran that last thought through her mind again. Do I mean that?

Dabi dropped his head in a small fit of laughter.

“I’m not trying to pressure you or anything. I just, um…I keep clothes here, so I don’t have to pack a bag.” He pointed to the dresser on the far side of the room next to the fireplace. “I showered downstairs since you were in this one.”

“Oh.” Hana drew out the single syllable into a long note.

Dabi crossed the room in bare feet and picked out a single pair of grey joggers, before ducking into the bathroom to change.

Hana took a few relaxing breaths and crawled under the covers in embarrassment.

Be easy, Hana…. not like that but like….aaaagh.

She heard the bathroom door open and rolled over in bed to peak out at him.

Dabi lingered in the doorway for a minute. Purposely fumbling with his phone while he felt Hana’s eyes pour over him.

She wasn’t wasting the seconds he was giving her. Every glance was full of abs, chiseled chest, and rounded biceps. The joggers hugged low to his hips. Hana could see the deep “V” between them. The stroke of dark hair beginning at his navel and leading into the front of those pants….

Dabi stepped forward. Finally shoving his locked phone into the pocket of those damned grey joggers.

Hana shook her mind loose and thought of something to say.

“So, you explained the lack of clothes but how does the crackling fireplace not 100% fit the idea that you’re not trying to lure me into bed?”

Dabi smiled as he crawled under the covers beside her. He slid his arm underneath the pillow next to hers and brought a hand to rest on her arm. He tiptoed fingers to walk across her smooth, tan skin.

“Well, I thought it would be nice since you’re always freezing and also…you already got in the bed, Hana.”
“You didn’t think I maybe wanted you to sleep on the couch?”

Hana dramatically flared her eyes and dropped her mouth open. She slid her arm beneath the covers to poke him in the center of the chest.

“The couch? Ouch, Dabi. That hurts.” She let her hand stay there. Nestled beneath the covers against Dabi’s chest.

Dabi laughed for a bit longer as he let his palm circle around Hana’s arm. He gripped it gently. His eyes searched deeper into hers as a silence stretched between them. He wasn’t sure if it was the flickering flame behind her, but the hints of orange were catching in her eyes. Flecks of golden embers were dancing in them. Just looking at her in that moment made him feel warm, but he wanted her to be closer.

Hana could see the look of longing in Dabi’s eyes. She felt it too. She wanted to get closer to him. Just to know what it would feel like. The biting itch in her heart that ached for Katsuki and fractured over his words tonight dulled a little more.

She just wanted to remember how it felt to be in someone’s arms who looked at her like that. Something in her needed Dabi. She noticed it at the park. When she had weak a moment, or a second where she felt alone Dabi was there. He didn’t judge her situation. He just wanted to be there for her. The longer she gazed into his eyes, the closer she wanted to be to him. She wanted to know how Dabi’s body fit with hers.

The brunette inched closer to the ex-villain. His body did the same thing subconsciously. When they met in the middle their bodies had twisted some. Their hips were flush together above tangled legs. Hana’s pillow was pushed out of the way so Dabi’s forearm and bicep could support her head. Their faces were a breath apart. Hana’s was soft. Her eyes were wide and warm. Dabi was staring back at her the same way, but his brow furrowed gently. Just enough to pull at the staples beneath his eyes.

“Hana, I j—”

“Kats, right?” Hana winced at the name. She brought a hand up to swipe back a wet piece of black hair that had fallen in between their gaze. Dabi pulled his lips together over his teeth and let out a breath from his nose.

“I don’t want to make things more painful for you.”

Hana let a thumb trace along his sharp jawline.

“Dabi, I’m already covered in various types of burns, stab wounds, and bite marks.” Laughs entered the closed space between them. “After tonight, at the park, I don’t know if things will get any better between me and him. But right now…I’d rather kiss you, see what happens, than live my whole life regretting that I didn't.”

The ex-villain’s breath hitched in his throat. He could usually read Hana’s mind. Even he admitted that, but he hadn’t expected such a heavy confession to slip from her lips. Hana doesn’t let things out that easily.

His gaze settled on those pink, shimmering lips. His heart flipped every time she brushed a small thumb over his stapled cheek, like it was the most beautiful thing she’d ever touched. All he could hear was the sound of her even breaths.

When his lips connected with hers, it was seamless.

Time sped up. Dabi rolled over on top of her, sliding his hips between her legs effortlessly. The sound of the fire raging next to them further dulled her senses and aching heart. Dabi’s lips disconnected from hers and kissed their way to her neck as she buried her fingers into damp black hair. He sucked at her skin there until Hana’s own lips found their way to his shoulder. The purple skin there tasted bitter, salty like tears.

She decided she liked the taste. She pushed him over to his back with little effort. The second where they weren’t touching lasted to long. Two sets of hands searched out for the touch of the other. Their eyes met and danced at the corners.

Hana intertwined her fingers with his and fell forward on top of him. With his hands pinned up above his head, she could easily explore the purple waves of skin covering his neck and chest. She wanted to get lost in a sea of purple and pale.

She kissed open mouthed over his rippling skin, Dabi’s head pushed back into the pillow with mind-numbing, body shaking pleasure.

The difference in texture between the smooth, pale skin and the raised purple scars sent the nerve endings in her hands into overdrive as she moved them lower.

Hana’s lips followed her hand’s path downward. Just above that happy trail of dark hair that she was becoming obsessed with. Dabi groaned and his body twitched. Just before she slipped her hand under the waistband of his pants, he pulled himself up with only his abs. He took a hand beneath her chin to raise her face to meet his.

Hana felt weightless as Dabi scooped her up with his arms and put her back at the top of the bed again. She was sitting in between his legs with hers behind him. Their hips and torso’s flush together. Racing hearts beating against one another. Flushed faces met with bruised, swollen lips.

She let her arms fall behind his back as he started kissing her neck again. There was a mirror in front of her and she could see the swirls of purple and silver in its reflection. She dragged her fingertips along them softly as she slipped her lips around his collarbone.

In the mirror, she could also see herself and the scars she was covered in. She liked it. They were both riddled with wounds. What she liked about it most was that Dabi didn’t act like he was repulsed by them. Despite the fact that he inflicted most of them, he was still kissing on her neck and digging his fingernails into her back like he couldn’t get enough of her.

He lifted the shirt off her slowly. Feeling every inch of her exposed skin rub against his scarred body as he did. After he gently pulled it over her and threw it onto the floor, he looked at her eyes as if asking her permission before he let his eyes travel any farther south. She smiled softly and took one of his hands into hers. She kissed the back of his palm as she played with his fingers.

Dabi swallowed hard, reminding himself that he was indeed a grown man that had done this many times before. He couldn’t ignore the fact that this felt different with Hana. This felt like it meant something. Everything.

He looked down at the soft bits of flesh he felt rubbing against him. Hana’s breasts were full, but they fit her small frame. Every square inch of her was equally tan, her nipples were a deeper shade of brown. He released the light grip he had on Hana’s shoulder with his left hand and let it fall to her chest.

Dabi was figuring out what Hana liked. He pushed Hana onto her back and relaxed between her legs. Dabi let Hana’s body fully rest onto the mattress before he let his tongue trail from her neck down to her chest. His left hand explored the smooth, even bare skin while his right hand cupped her breast and he kissed it softly. Letting his tongue draw circles around the small brown tip. Hana shuddered from her toes to her spine and released a breathy moan. Dabi’s hips twitched against her.

It felt like Dabi was licking circles around the heart beneath her chest. His tongue was warm. His body was warm, the room was warm. Everything felt too goddamn warm and she wanted to suffocate in it. She tangled one hand into his hair and let the other squeeze at the muscles of his back.

Dabi pulled gently at the spandex of her shorts. He looked up to her again with curious eyes. She smiled at him and watched him peel them off just as slow as he had with her shirt.

Even though Hana was laying down, he could tell there was a roundness to her hips. He thighs pressed together fully against the pressure of the mattress. He wanted to squeeze them between his fingers. But there was a much more interesting spot he wanted to touch first. He licked gently at the smooth surface between Hana’s hips. He didn’t care about body hair on women, but Hana clearly kept up with her waxes. And she wasn’t wearing panties…

Dabi felt Hana’s hips twitch as his tongue ventured lower. He was now licking at her smooth slit and she was filling the air with soft moans. She released her grip on his shoulder and let if float to the pillow beside her face. He pulled himself lower in the bed and felt the warmth of her thighs on each side of his face.

He started moving his tongue between her soft folds. Hana twitched consistently throughout. The noises she was making ranging from tempered moans to gasps of air. Each one only pushed him to move faster and harder against her clit and entrance. When he looked up to meet her eyes, they were lusty and half-lidded. He felt she was close when her breathing became more ragged. He released the squeeze he had around one of her thighs. He slipped the fingers of that hand up to his lips.

She wrapped her small fingers around his chin and gently tugged him upwards. He wiped his mouth on the blankets around them as he crawled up onto all fours above her. He looked down at her flushed face, glowing eyes, and rounds breasts. Damn.

Hana looped both arms around his neck and pulled him down to her. His body relaxed on top of her as she kissed him deeply. Tasting herself on his tongue. The mixing of their fluids and tongues drove her to push him over onto his back. She kissed the staples on his cheek up to his ear before moving to his neck and over his chest down to his stomach again. Dabi didn’t stop her this time when she tugged at his waistband. He helped her push his pants down before he kicked them off to floor at the foot of the bed. Their shared hooded looks and lip biting smiles as Hana lowered herself back between his legs.

His cock was pink and throbbing. Girthy and so, so big. Shiny drops of precum dripped out onto the smooth skin of his stomach. Purple skin collided with coursing green veins at the juncture of his hips, over a tuft of dark hair. Pretty.

Hana smiled at the word in her head. Dabi brushed a thumb over her lips as she appeared to be smiling at his cock. Hana flashed him golden eyes as she ran her tongue over her pink lips and white teeth one last time before she took it into her hand and stroked it softly. After a few, she kissed the tip of it warmly. Then she locked eyes with him ask she licked from the tip down to the base. Her hand moved to cup his balls as she did and Dabi’s legs clenched around her. He made the most beautiful, deep noise. Hana felt the base of her neck tingle from hearing it.

She wrapped her mouth around the width of his cock and slowly sunk down. The weight of his cock heavy on her tongue. Dabi’s hips bucked beneath her. She brought her gaze back up to his eyes. Cerulean blue blinked back at her. His lips were swollen, eyes were glazed over, chest heaving. He watched her move around his cock slowly, his lips gaping wider as she sped up. His moans deepened. Long fingers clenched around a handful of curls. Before too long, he tapped her cheek lightly. Hana looked up at him and he curled two fingers at her.

Hana let her lips relax around his cock. She wiped her mouth as she pulled herself up. Dabi hooked his arms underneath hers and lifted her the rest of the way.

Dabi kissed her lips softly, while smoothing the wild curls around her head. She rocked her hips against his slowly with lubricated friction. Dabi groaned and pulled her hair. Hana felt her toes curl again. Her breath stuttered. Locked eyes held a connection that their mouths just couldn’t anymore.

Hana wasn’t sure if it was the heat from the fireplace or each other, but her entire body felt like it was on fire. Dabi’s hands, with their rough stapled edges explored her back and they helped with the burn, but she wanted that relief everywhere.

Dabi looked up into Hana’s eyes as their bodies rocked together. Sweat and moans intermixed. His hands glided over her skin like the smoothest silk he’d ever felt. She hadn’t said anything about the staples that were undoubtably rubbing against her from every direction. Having her this close was good. Her body was amazing, but he wanted to be closer. Warmer.

Hana was having the same thought.

Her hips came to a slow stop as she brushed a thumb over his cheek. Bodies ached at the loss of friction as he peered up at her. Dabi threw a hand into the drawer next to the bed and withdrew a condom. He smiled at her as he ripped it open between his teeth and slipped it on with one hand.

Dabi brought her face down to him and caught her lip between his teeth. Hand grippng tightly around her neck. He felt the tightness of her burned skin beneath it. She let me do that to her…and I want to do it again.

Hana felt when Dabi’s quirk activated. She didn’t try to hold back like she had in the game. A high note bounced around in Dabi’s mouth. The sound sent a shock down to his lower belly. Hana’s eyes were low, but bright when he looked into them. She was so beautiful. So warm. So unphased by all the things he used to be. He wanted to get closer whatever it was inside of her that made her call him beautiful.

Hana wasn’t sure how they got to the floor, but suddenly she was on the white fur rug. Her toes sunk into his softness. Dabi was on top of her, kissing her neck. His hands were exploring every inch of her body that he could reach. The touch felt so good. She was pulling at his black hair and licking at the crook of his neck and shoulder. Dabi pulled away suddenly. His eyes rolled over her tan body beneath him as he lined himself up with her.

Hana blushed. Her hands bruised into Dabi’s hips. Her eyes flickered to the side to catch sight of the rolling orange flames. Orange flames.

That Bakugou Katsuki shaped chamber in her heart panged. She winced at the feeling before quelling it with shudder.

She had waited. Thinking it would make a difference. Like there was ever really a chance. It’s Katsuki Bakugou and Izuku Midoriya...epic.

Maybe it’s time to really move on…

Hana’s legs relaxed out to her sides. Dabi leaned over and kissed her slowly, pulling away every few seconds to take in how beautiful and comfortable Hana was with him. He took her cheek into his hands. They locked eyes as he pushed into her for the first time. Her legs twitched and nails dug into his back.

Dabi kissed at her parted lips as his cock sunk in deeper. Tightness and heat enveloped him. His eyes rolled and closed as Hana was pushed herself deeper onto him.

Her nails withdrew from the cuts she had made on his back. Waves of purple and pale pleasure knocked her over. She couldn’t stop the sounds escaping from her lips. Her mind swam with each breath of ocean spray and cedar she inhaled rapidly with each thrust.

Dabi moved in slow thrusts at first. Hana’s hips arched up to meet him with each stroke. Her gaspy breaths tickled his ears and filled his soul.

Hana crossed her ankles at the small of Dabi’s back to pull him in tighter. She could feel his cock hitting that sensitive spot of hers with every stroke. Dabi bit the left side of her neck. Hard. Hana let out a moan and pulled his hips against her harder.

“If keep pulling me in like that…” Dabi whispered into her ear. Hana’s chest spasmed at the sound. She smirked against his ear and released her crossed ankles.

Hana licked at Dabi’s neck. He gave into her play and soon enough she pushed him over onto his back.

“Or what?” Hana licked her lips and threw her hair over her shoulder. She kept their hips connected as they switched positions and she started making circles with them. Dabi squeezed her ass with both hands and thrusted up into her. They hit a rhythm. Hana could feel herself getting close. Dabi’s cheeks were fully flushed, his pupils blown as he looked up at her.

He gripped her ass even tighter as he sat up on his hips. Hana stopped moving and draped her arms over his shoulders. He kissed her as he picked her up. Their hips still flush together. Hana felt the cold wood wall against her back. Dabi pushed her against it roughly and pressed one of his hands to it. He used it to it balance their weight and his deep thrusts.

With every minute their moans got louder. The heat welling in Dabi’s stomach was begging to be released. He pushed into her harder and faster. Hana rocked her hips against his as they both chased orgasms. Hana felt her legs twitch uncontrollably as she crashed into it, her vision completely white. The sound of the raging fire behind her dampened by the waves of pleasure. Dabi watched as the gold flecks ignited in her eyes and her body clenched down onto him even tighter. He came almost immediately. The warm coil in his stomach released. His blue eyes swirled with lighter hues of white.

Hana traced the ripples of his back and kissed his neck as their breathing evened out. He let her feet fall to the floor. Hana lingered there for a minute, in front of him and the roaring fireplace.

He looked down at her with a smirk and raised a warm hand to her neck.

“I don’t know what’s worse. The burn on this side or the bite mark on the other.” Dabi laughed as Hana turned to look at herself in the mirror. His hand slipped down to the roundness of her ass.

Dabi wasn’t wrong. The bite mark on the left side of her neck had broken the skin. It was turning purple around the edges. The burn on the others side had bubbled up some, but it was mostly a deep red. She couldn’t feel if it hurt or not. Her entire body was pretty much a bruise at this point, but the increase in endorphins and dulled pain receptors from sex were doing a good job of keeping it at bay.

Hana shrugged her shoulders and leaned against Dabi standing behind her in the mirror. She smiled and brought a hand to the back of his neck from behind. He looped another arm around her waist to pull her closer. They both held soft smiles to each other in the reflection. Dabi’s eyes trailed every curve of her body.

“You’re beautiful, Hana.” He kissed the side of her neck. She pivoted on one foot to face Dabi.

“You’re beautiful.” She pulled his face down to hers and kissed him deeply.

“Any regrets?” Dabi whispered between her lips.

Hana let her eyes stay closed for a second longer. That chamber in her heart shook. She stilled it with a deep breath. Not now.

“No.” She whispered back, but kept her eyes closed.

Dabi smiled. He grabbed her hand to drag her to the shower with him. Hana laughed as she followed him.

“Can’t have you getting lonely in the shower without me.” Hana’s eyes flickered over her dead phone on the nightstand before she her feet touched the cold, black stone of the bathroom floor.

“Shut the fuck up, Hana.” Dabi winked and shut the door behind them. His eyes glazed over the clock on the wall.

3:33 am.

The Midoriya House in Musutafu…

Izuku woke up to the feeling of something hot and wet on his back. His boyfriend was sweating profusely and mumbling in his sleep. Izuku tried to shake him to wake him up but it wasn’t working. He fumbled around the bed to find his phone for some light.

Katsuki had been thrashing about in a nightmare for some time before Izuku opened his eyes.

The blonde was dreaming about Hana and Izuku. Each of them was on separate sides of a scale. They were calling out his name as orange flames lapped at their feet from below where they were hanging in a black void.

Katsuki’s heart was racing. He could feel restraints holding his arms to splintered dark wood. His wrists turned and fought against tight leather, but he couldn’t break free. His quirk was useless against them. The blonde’s throat was dry and the skin around his neck felt burned. He tried to scream but nothing would come out.

All he could do was look back at them. Izuku was sobbing. Fat tears rolled down his cheeks as he yelled.

“KACCHAN! KACCHAN!”

Why won’t he fucking move? Use his fucking quirk to jump off the goddamn scale. Run away.

Katsuki’s gaze dropped down to the bottomless black void beneath them all. It was endless.

He pulled his head up to look at Hana. The flames underneath her scale had turned blue. She stopped screaming. Her eyes were clear and glassy, she was looking back at him calmly. Like she’d given up. Accepted that she was to be burned. She reached her hand out towards him. The blue flames engulfed the bottom of the scale surrounding her feet. Katsuki pushed forward from the oddly shaped tree with his feet. His torso ripped forward against the joints in his shoulders. His mouth wide open in a scream she couldn’t hear.

“It’s okay, Kats.” Hana reached out to him with an open palm and small fingers. “You’re going to be okay.”

Hana disappeared before the ocean-colored flames consumed her side of the scale.

When Katsuki sat up right in bed, Izuku was hovering over him shakily. His phone clutched in his right hand. The other tangled in a handful of damp blonde hair.

“Kacchan, are you okay?” Izuku brought his left hand to his boyfriend’s cheek. He flinched lightly at the touch of his warm hand.

“What time is it, Izu?” Katsuki groaned and wiped at his wet face with his damp tank top.

“Uh...” Izuku unlocked his phone and squinted at the bright screen. “3:33.”

Once their eyes adjusted to the blue light filling the room. Both of them shuddered to find that there were still no calls or texts from Hana.

Izuku swallowed a deep breath. He went to Hana’s thread of texts in his phone and sent her a random message.

Are you home?

Unable to deliver.

Katsuki grunted and rolled back over in bed.

Izuku’s eyes hovered over the blinking cursor on the screen. Something his mother used to tell him came to mind.

No one does anything they’d be proud of telling Jesus about after 10pm.

The Next Morning…

At 11am the next morning, all who inhabited Dabi’s cabin were awake. Except for Toga. Dabi had gotten up before everyone else to clean up the damage from last night and make coffee. The game and exhaustion effect of Hana’s quirk had hit him hard. The wounds that she could only heal halfway were all sealed and relatively painless. Just unsightly. When he left the brunette in the bedroom, she was curled up asleep beneath the covers in one of his t-shirts.

Kai stumbled into the kitchen a few minutes after him. Bleary-eyed and hungover. The black eye Dabi had given him the night before was a soft purple.

“I heard you guys having fun last night, bro.” Kai teased as Dabi handed him a cup of black coffee.

“You jealous?” Dabi winked and sat down on the couch next to his best friend.

Kai responded with a head tilt and sly smile.

“When are we heading back?” Subject changed.

Dabi shook his head and sipped his coffee.

“As soon as everybody wakes up, I guess. I have to get to the restaurant today to meet with a couple vendors a little bit after lunch.”

Kai nodded as he heard the patter of small feet coming down the stairs.

“Morning!” Hana rounded the corner and dipped into the open kitchen behind them. Dabi rose to his feet and rushed to meet her at the coffee pot. He watched her pour a big cup and sip it scalding hot. Her eyes closed and she smiled wide with closed lips.

“Good morning.” Dabi let the words come out long and sing-songy. He kissed her once she opened her eyes. Hana smiled up at him with big eyes.

“GoOd mOrNinG, HANa!” Kai mocked. He turned around to hang over the back of the couch.

She rolled her eyes at him before looking back up at Dabi.

“As soon as Kai goes and pulls Toga out of bed we’ve got to head out. I have a couple meetings at the restaurant.”

Hana nodded at him and swiveled on bare feet to go upstairs and pack.

Kai got Toga out of bed by threatening to tag her in the pictures he had of her throwing up last night. Their trip to refill drinks and make popcorn was a cover story. Kai had done it while Toga prayed to the porcelain gods.

She was a sight for sore eyes in the back of Dabi’s jeep. Her perky buns had been reduced to flat wild hair that fell in her eyes. She cradled her bag to her stomach with burned arms and bruised cheeks the entire ride home.

Not that the rest of them looked any better. Apart from the black eye, Kai had several wounds beneath his long sleeves and pants. There was a cut above his right eye from Dabi. Hana’s burned and bitten neck heavily contrasted from the light grey t-shirt of the ex-villain’s she was wearing over a pair of black leggings. The cut on her cheek was about 3 inches long and scabbed over. Underneath the sleeves of her sweater were the remnants of the stab wound and more cuts and burn marks.

Dabi smiled at the banged-up group in his periphery as he drove.

When they pulled up behind Hana’s apartment building, the brunette exhaled with relief that Katsuki’s car wasn’t in the parking lot. Her phone was still dead and in the bottom of her bag. She wondered if they had been gone all night too. Maybe they met up with Kiri or something after. Got too drunk and crashed at his place.

Dabi unbuckled his seat belt to walk her up.

“Oh no. If I walk in there looking like this…” Hana used a hand to point to her cut cheek and neck. “I don’t want you to be around for the hellfire that’s going to rain down if Kats and Izu see me. His car isn’t here and I’m not sure they will care, but just to be safe. I should probably sneak in there alone. After I sleep some more and eat something I should be able to heal the rest of the way.”

Dabi shrugged. He wasn’t scared of her neighbors and wouldn’t mind doing a round with Katsuki right now, but he didn’t want to make trouble for Hana either. She grabbed her bag and leaned back in to give him a soft kiss on the lips. Dabi held her by the back of her neck and let his tongue speak how he felt about saying goodbye to Hana. It sent a tingling sensation down to her toes.

“Ow! Ow!” Kai and Toga whistled from the back seat.

Dabi let her go and Hana fumbled back upright.

“I’ll call you tonight!” Hana blushed and waved goodbye to her friends.

Dabi winked at her again as Kai climbed up into the front seat.

“Bye Hana Boo!” Toga yelled from the backseat as they drove off.

Hana was able to slip past Gary without detection. She hustled up the seven flights of stairs and caught her breath at the top before gently prying open the heavy door to her floor.

She closed it behind her soundlessly. Her sneakers didn’t make any noise on the smooth hardwood floors. She had her keys ready in her tight grip. The brunette could her Katsuki’s gruff voice as he stomped around the apartment talking to Izuku. Fuck. They’re home. I wonder if they noticed I was gone.

Her key slipped in the door and she opened it quickly. She babied the handle until it shut behind her.

Hana took in a longer breath of relief. She quietly dropped her bag by the door and didn’t waste any time making her way to the bathroom.

Her own reflection in the mirror didn’t scare her as much as she thought it would. She had left the glowing world of Dabi’s cabin. She thought that under the bright fluorescents in her own apartment she would feel worse, but she felt about the same. Last night with Dabi had been something personal, something that was just for her. Selfish. Hana cringed remembering Dabi say the word. He hadn’t meant it, but him saying it to her preparation was a smart move. She needed to be ready for however Katsuki came at her next. If he even would.

Hana stayed in the shower for a long time. Her body felt heavy. She worked through the knots and burned bits of her hair with conditioner until it was smooth again. When she got out, she felt a little better. Now, food and sleep. Her joints screamed as she stepped out of the shower. The shoots of pain surprised her, and she swung the shower door back too fast. It bounced off the towel rod behind it roughly. She cringed at the sound, but she pushed through the pain. She dried off and secured a towel around her waist. Once all 10 pounds of styling products were in her hair, she clipped it back behind her.

When her hand came to grip the cold bathroom doorknob, she was debating between sleeping or eating first. As the lock popped loose and the door seemed to open on its own, she forgot every shred of the debate.

“God fucking damnit, Kats!” Hana shot backward against the sink vanity. The blonde stood in the open, dark doorway. Big and tall. His lips pursed, and forehead wrinkled. Muscles bulging under the constraints of a black long-sleeved shirt. “You scared the fucking shit out of me!”

“I scared you?? Where the fuck have you—”

The blonde stopped midsentence as his eyes bounced between the small round scars on Hana’s arms and the narrow gash on her cheek. From there his eyes caught a glimpse of something bubbled up and dark red on her neck.

Hana took in his wide-eyed expression. One hand moved to hold her towel in place while the other unclipped her hair from behind. She let the dark, wet ringlets fall in front of her shoulders. The lengths went down to her navel. So long.

“W-what happened to you?” Katsuki stepped forward slowly with outstretched arms. Hana bit her lip. She stretched her palm out towards him but stopped short.

“Before you wriggled your way into our lives. I knew what I wanted then. I had everything I needed…or at least I thought I did.”

“You destroyed that, Hana.”

Katsuki’s hand hovered just to the outside of her right arm before Hana flinched away from the touch and walked past him. She ran into Izuku in the hallway, they shared a mutually hurt expression before she went into her bedroom and shut the door. The greenette caught a glimpse of the cut on her cheek.

“Hana. What happened?”

The brunette huffed as she changed into a pair of shorts and whatever long sleeve shirt she could find the fastest. It was a grey Yellowstone National Park one she had bought during her road trip.

When she opened the door to the hallway, Katsuki and Izuku were leaned against both sides of the frame.

“Nothing. It was just a game.” Hana walked quickly past them to the kitchen. She grabbed a protein shake from the fridge and just stared at it as she leaned over the counter. Drink it.

“A game? A fucking game left you covered in what-cigarette burns and whatever the fuck kind of flame that can leave that mark on yo--.” Katsuki stopped short of pulling Hana’s hair back as he hovered behind her bent over position.

“Did he do that to you?” Katsuki seethed. Bits of spit spewed from his lips. Izuku muttered from the opposite side of the kitchen island.

“You let him do that to you in a game?” Izuku looked at her pitifully. A far cry from how he glared at her last night.

“Oh, fucking stop, Izu.” Hana slammed down the meal replacement drink and stood up straight. Katsuki remained frozen in fury beside her. “I’m not talking about it. It has nothing to do with you two.”

Hana turned quick on her heels to face Katsuki.

“What are you doing here? Did you think of something else you wanted to say to me? Something you didn’t get out last night.” Hana crossed her arms and met Katsuki’s flaming red eyes with her swirling gold ones.

Katsuki licked his lips and shoved his hands in his pockets.

“Did you not see the note we left under your door last night?” Izuku chimed in from the side.

“What note?” Hana turned her head to meet green eyes. Izuku ushered her gaze towards the doorway. She saw her phone charger crumpled up against the wall. It must have been on the mat when she walked in and she pushed it out of the way with the door. That’s where it was.

“There was no note when I got here last night.” Hana said flatly.

“I watched him slide it under the door before we left. Then Jirou came by later and said it was gone. She was worried about you.” Katsuki keep his eyes on the floor. Hana’s palpable frustration over his words at the park had taken some of the wind out of his angry sails.

“Oh.” Hana brushed a finger across her lips. She felt bad about her sour tone with Izuku.

“When you came home last night, were you alone?” Izuku rubbed the back of his neck and kept his gaze locked onto the floor.

“No, Dabi walked me up…”

“That fucking bastard. He took the note.” Hana closed her eyes to avoid Katsuki’s steaming gaze. She could feel his hot breath across the scab on her cheek.

Would he do that?

Hana thought about the PlayStation, tv’s and Bluetooth sound system Dabi had at the cabin that they didn’t use last night. Would he really have all that out there if he didn’t have Wi-Fi?

Hana opened her eyes. Katsuki could tell by their downturned corners that Hana had admitted to herself that Dabi would do that. If only to protect her and give her some time to think. Some time to…

“You believe that he would do that. I can fucking tell.” Katsuki brought a hand to Hana’s hurt shoulder. She winced but didn’t shrug away. He furrowed his brows at the reaction.

“I’m so-,” Hana hissed at herself. “I would’ve called if I had of seen the note, Izu. I’m sorry.”

Would I have stayed?

“It’s okay, Hana. We both know you would have,” Izuku sat down on the tall bar stool next to him. “Are you okay? Why haven’t you healed?”

Hana swallowed hard and leaned back over the countertop on her elbows.

“I can’t…I overused my quirk healing everyone.” Hana winced at the throbbing pain in her shoulder. “I just have to sleep and eat something. I should be able to finish it tonight.”

“You healed everyone? Frankenstein bastard. When I see him I’m gon—”

“Kats. It was a game. Don’t freak out.” Hana’s eyes trailed back to her charger on the floor. Had it fallen out?

“We should probably talk about last night. Before, at the park.” Izuku folded his arms in front of him on the countertop and rested his chin over his forearms. It’ll be easier to do this here with Hana. She calms Kacchan down in a way I can’t.

“Yea, you’re probably right.” Hana propped herself up on her palms before pushing herself all the way up. She turned around to get a glass for water from the cabinet next to the stove top. Her hair shifted behind her shoulders as she came up on her tiptoes.

The purple, broken edges of the bite mark were brought face to face with Katsuki. Izuku lurched forward in his seat.

The blonde’s hand shot to the side of Hana’s neck before Izuku could climb over the countertop to stop him.

Hana jumped and dropped the glass. It shattered on the floor between their feet.

“What the fuck is that?” Katsuki grunted with blared nostrils. His eyes glued to Hana’s flushed face. He could feel the depths of the bite mark against his palm.

“I—”

“Don’t tell me that’s from the game. It’s not. I fucking know it isn’t.” Katsuki saw the burn on the other side of her neck in the bathroom already. That wasn’t why Hana let her hair down.

Hana’s open mouth transformed into a thin line. Her eyes narrowed.

“Are you going to call me an actual slut this time?” Her words cut through the air like a knife. Izuku dropped his hand from Katsuki’s shoulder.

“You fucked him?” Katsuki’s hand ripped away from Hana’s neck like he touched something foul.

“I did…have sex with him.” Katsuki blinked at her dumbly. “After what you said to me last night, I figured I didn’t have anything else holding me back anymore.”

Hana felt something churning in her stomach. It felt empty and cold. Guilt.

“Oh, what I said after I told you I loved you.” Katsuki fumed. Izuku craned his neck to look out the window. “After you said it back.”

Katsuki took a step further away from Hana.

Her eyes stared deeply into the empty space between them.

No.

Why does this hurt so bad?

“I can’t fucking believe you, Hana.” Katsuki spat, but Hana was too stuck in her thoughts to respond. “You know, we went to our parents last night. Auntie Inko went on and on about how sweet you are. How amazing and beautiful her sweet Hana was. How she thought that you looked up to mine and Izu’s relationship.”

Hana’s eyes twinkled back to life. She turned to look at Izuku, but he was staring lifelessly out the window. When she met red eyes, they were full of hate and disgust. Around the edges, along his wet lash line, there was pain.

“Little does she know you were tearing it down. Ruining it.” Katsuki stopped to lick his chapped lips. “She wondered why you weren’t there with us. Blamed you for why things were off between us while we were there.” Ouch. “You were off, god knows where, fucking Frankenstein.”

“I’m sorry for what I said to you last night. I couldn’t think about anything else all night. Besides where the fuck you were.” Double ouch. “But fuck, Hana! You’re so goddamn selfish.”

They brunette’s stomach churned again. Rougher this time. It felt like it scraped the base of her heart. She put a palm on the countertop next to her to hold herself up but placing her weight on that shoulder hurt more. She gasped at the pain. Izuku came to life beside her and ducked his shoulder underneath hers to support her.

“I told you, both of you, that I just needed more time! But you both just keep running around, making each day harder and harder. Avoiding me. Then spending time with me. Keeping secrets and driving me fucking insane.”

Hana and Izuku shared an unreadable look. The brunette hadn’t told Katsuki about Izuku hiding at Shoto’s. Did someone else? Izuku’s eyes became glassy, brimming with tears, lips pulled apart at the corners.

Completely different from how he had looked before when Hana was being torn down. But she didn’t blame him.

She couldn’t muster any real ill feelings against Izuku. The pain in his eyes last night. The way he was gripping his chest through his shirt with his free hand as he stood next to her in her kitchen.

Hana knew what he was feeling in there. Pain and anticipated grief.

Hearing your boyfriend tell someone else he loves them, she didn’t know much about. But grief. That feeling of loss, whether or not it had really happened yet. She was all too familiar with. It hurt Hana’s soul to see Izuku preparing himself to shoulder that.

All because of me.

Not today, Izu.

Hana took one more look at Izuku. His dark hair clouding his bleary green eyes. The freckles buried deep in a cherry red flush. His strong, scarred arm trembled as he held her up.

He almost…

Looks just like him…

Hana winced and tore her eyes off Izuku. She huffed in air through her nostrils and stood up tall.

“So, what now Kats? You’re saying I’m to blame for everything just outside of global warming and guilting me for sleeping with a guy that I’ve been legitimately dating. At the same time, you told me you loved me in front of Izu and all of your friends. Then you cussed me out with the same breath. I mean fuck, Kats. How do you have you the time to decide on anything?”

Hana’s harsh tone felt unfamiliar to Katsuki’s pink tipped ears. His gut was turning with just as much guilt as Hana’s. He could tell that she was speaking from the place that begged him to choose Izuku because she felt like she wasn’t worth it. If this is really what she wants…

Katsuki’s nerves were shot. He didn’t think he could take anymore of the push and pull. Izuku watched him nervously. Katsuki began to sweat under the pressure of them both staring back at him. There used to be days where, even though it made him feel weak to admit it, he couldn’t stand for Izuku to not be looking at him. Izuku was always there. Looking at him like he hung the moon. Loving him completely. No matter what he said or did, even throughout this bullshit mess. Izuku still looked at him the same.

He took one more glimpse of Hana’s rattled body. Izuku still had his arms looped around her, but it appeared more like he was clinging onto her instead of him acting as a cane.

Her eyes were bright, focused on his face. She was doing her best to keep her ragged breaths quiet. Her hand that hung limp beside Izuku’s body came to hold her necklace. She licked her lips slowly and moved her gaze to picture she had Bluetooth printed out from her phone Friday night that she had hung on the fridge. It was a selfie Hana had taken during their hike that day. Katsuki was standing behind her with his arms wrapped around her neck. He was smooshing her cheeks between his fingers as they both smiled widely.

Her heart ached for how the sun felt on her skin that day. For the woman she was in that photo. Their easy laughs as they splashed each other in the water. Katsuki’s warm skin against her as he held her underneath the waterfall.

She closed her eyes and took a shuddering, deep breath. She patted Izuku’s hand where it rested at her side.

When she opened her eyes Katsuki was watching her with a stiff glare. His knuckles clenched white in his pockets. If this is really what she wants so goddamn bad…

Katsuki licked his lips. The sounds from the street outside disappeared. Hana’s own heartbeat had been pounding in her ears but suddenly it dissipated. Izuku’s shallow, rapid breaths stilled.

“We’re done, Hana.”

Hana let out a breath before nodding shakily at the blonde. The muscles in her neck jittered beneath her skin. Her teeth chattered with what felt electricity coursing through her jaw.

“I don’t want to see you for a while. After that…I don’t know.” Katsuki’s voice broke at the end. He turned his back to them and opened the door to the hallway.

“Kacchan, I—”

“It’s okay, Izu.” Hana’s silky voice scared him. “It’s for the best…”

“I don’t know if…I don’t know if I even wanted what Katsuki used to want anymore. Fuck.” Hana brought a hand to her mouth. “Too much has happened, Izu. It’s…okay.”

Izuku’s watery eyes explored the defeated expression on Hana’s face. He could see her lips trembling between her fingers. He brought a warm palm to her cheek.

“I do know that I want you guys to be happy.” Hana forced a smile and withdrew her hand. She placed it over his and her voice became less shaky. “I’m not going anywhere soon, but I think I need some time to think about things too. Don’t worry about me.”

She stepped away from the greenette’s warmth and ushered him towards the door. Katsuki was waiting with his back to them in the hallway. He had heard Hana’s soft words. Tears were sliding down his cheeks and into the cracks of his scowl.

Izuku got his feet to move eventually. He kept wide eyes on Hana’s battered frame and trembling shoulders as she walked him out. Katsuki sniffled quietly as she approached him to shut the door. When his boyfriend joined him in the hallway Hana took one last look at Katsuki’s broad shoulders rounding out his sleeves. She saw how his body shook with each shallow breath as she shut the door, but he didn’t see hers.

Notes:

Wow wow wow

Lots of drama, smut, violence. Had to change some tags/warnings.

Follow me on twitter! @OctoberScorched

Picture Frames-rei brown (Is what I listened to while writing the smut. Lofi but sexy.)

I was all over her- salvia palth (For when shit got real at the end. Mood deepener.)