Actions

Work Header

You are my Sunshine

Summary:

Just a soft, domestic moment with Mary and Richard Parker and their newborn baby.

I made myself cry writing this (I'm still crying)

Notes:

PLEASE READ
ok so if you REALLY want to feel this fic, look up pictures of 1 week old babies. It's adorable.

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Work Text:

Mary Parker held her beautiful baby boy against her chest on her bed. She lay down on her side, curled protectively around tiny Peter. Her husband, Richard was changing into his pyjamas, looking fondly at his wife and son.

Peter whimpered softly, curling his tiny baby hand around one of his mother’s fingers. May scooted Peter closer and kissed his head that was just barely covered in a couple wisps of hair.

“I love him so much.” Mary whispered, tears pooling in her eyes. Peter was one week old today and May never left his side, and she never planned on leaving him. The young couple wasn’t sure that they were ready to be parents only a few months before, but now they wanted nothing more.

“I’m gonna hate going back to work in a week.” Richard got under the covers across from Mary so that Peter was in between them.

“I’m never leaving him. Ever.” Mary smiled at Richard, happiness bubbling up in her chest, “I didn’t even know it was possible to be this happy.” A tear rolled down her cheek.

I don’t think we’ll even need to get him his own bed.” Richard mused, gently wiping the tears off her face, “He can just stay right here forever.” Peter’s tiny fist rubbed his eye. He yawned like a kitten would, stretching his tiny toes. He fussed softly and Mary shushed softly, pressing his nose onto his head.

“Sing a lullaby?” She looked up at her husband through her eyelashes.

“Of course my love.” Richard hummed a low rumble and Peter looked up, squirming closer to his dad. The little baby smacked his hand against Richards chin.

“He wants you to sing.” Mary closed her eyes, fighting to stay awake.

“Ok ok.” Richard pulled Mary closer and rubbed circles on her back.

You are my sunshine,

My only sunshine,

You make me happy when skies are grey,

You’ll never know dear,

How much I love you,

Please don’t take my sunshine away…”

Mary and Richard Parker fell asleep with their precious baby huffing out soft breaths in between them. Neither parent ever planned on leaving Peter. They were gonna protect him forever. For as long as they could…

Notes:

That song was my lullaby and I'm all emotional now.