Actions

Work Header

Scarlet Spider: Sin

Summary:

Set in an alternate universe, "Sin" tells the story of a teen Kaine Parker who has undealt feelings from the past. For years, they have been trapped within, until a bite from a flawed superspider unleashes them. As Kaine's mind slowly succumbs to negativity, he must face his worst enemy before it's too late: his past.

Chapter 1: Warnings and Author's Note

Chapter Text

Before the story starts, I would like to put some warnings and explain something to you, my readers, to avoid misunderstandings. And I'll try to keep it spoiler free.

First of all, this fanfic is dark, violent, disturbing, and serious in nature. It deals with dark themes such as vengeance, hatred, bullying, violence but also themes such as forgiveness. Therefore for those who are not comfortable with this fanfic, readers are not recommended to read. However, the fanfic's dark and serious nature is important to the message/moral that the author wants to convey. And readers may need time to reconsider whether they want to read this or not. 

Secondly, there is a villain antagonist in this story that represents the protagonist's dark side, in form of a split personality. However, the protagonist does not suffer DID and both the protagonist and antagonist are never meant to represent the DID (dissociative identity disorder) community. The antagonist is simply inspired by the Dark Prince of the "Prince of Persia" games. Hopefully this may clear any possible misunderstandings.

Last but not least, this fanfic is simply an alternate, new take to Scarlet Spider, Spider-Man, and related characters. It is inspired by Marvel's "What If...?", DC's "Elseworlds" and "Joker" movie. The fanfic is set in an alternate reality where things from the comic happen differently and/or never happen, such as the "Clone Saga" storyline. (It is not set in any existing Marvel universe, therefore it's a new one.) And some characters are slightly different than their comic counterparts but they still retain certain original traits. 

(Part One of this fanfic will be updated soon. But I will take some time to edit them.)

(I'm aware of how different the characters are in this fanfic. I simply wanted to do a new take on Scarlet Spider, Spider-Man, and related characters. For that, I would like to apologize if I offend you, my readers and Spider-Man/Scarlet Spider fans. It's okay for you to share your opinions, criticisms on the comment section. I would love to see your point of view.)

Finally, feel free to give advices, constructive criticisms, and/or suggestions. Let me know what you think about this story by commenting in the comment section. If you like this story, you don't have to vote it. It's alright. If you want to share this fanfic to your friends or family, it'll be appreciated.

That's all I wanted to say. Hopefully you'll enjoy reading this fanfic!

Now.. Onto the story!