Actions

Work Header

for the ones we love

Summary:

Supergirl season 5 rewrite (yes, it's gay).

With Lex Luthor now dead everything seems to have returned to normal. Life is good ... or so it seems. With Lena struggling behind closed doors and making new friends, Kara is running out of time to get to her. Everyone has a secret and nobody is willing to make the first move. Kara's relationships are put under pressure as the arrival of cunning villains may very well result in the destruction of the universe as she knows it.

(DEVELOPMENT NEARLY FINISHED. ANY SIMILARITIES TO FUTURE SUPERGIRL S6 EPISODES IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL)

Chapter 1: story/life update

Chapter Text

First of all, I apologise for the fact this is NOT a chapter update, and it's been a while, it really has. What, a bit over a month? Uni got hectic, my brain decided to melt, She-Ra and Merlin took over my life, and my writing is ... suffering. Not really, but you know how it goes. I absolutely want to finish this story, but I'm debating a few changes. And I want it to be the best version that I can plop onto this site. I got a bit over excited initially, first drafting, hitting 'add chapter' with all the zeal I can muster, but that's probably more of a disservice to my story and to you all especially with half-assed chapters every once in a while due to 'ooh I MUST get something out!'.

I like the idea of not being limited by a chapter amount, and to allow the story to go where it flows, but I also...don't? 'cause that will lead me to not knowing when the 'end' will be, and it may result in over-writing and lots of filler when there doesn't need to be, and I don't want to just slap random things in to see how many chapters I can do.

So, I am proposing a new plan! I might re-write what I currently have (sorry to those who have already read what I had written), mushing the story into 20/22-ish chapters (and they will be long, oh boy will they be long) to better suit the 'episodic' nature of Supergirl. I initially moved against this idea because of chapter length, but I honestly feel it will help me, personally, with having a strict guideline of where my story needs to go and where at what point. Because of this, the newer version will have the past 7 chapters incorporated, so it'll be repetitive in those instances, although slightly re-written so I do apologise for that! I may also add keywords as little 'checkpoints' within the chapter, so if you don't want to read the chapter all in one go, you can just find it (with the find word tool thing in the browser) at a later time if you close the tab.

But for those who haven't read those chappies (since by now they will have disappeared), hello and do not worry! Writing will be back sooner rather than later, I hope. From now on, I will only update with proper chapters, and my update schedule might be once a month, due to the length of chapters and busyness in general - but if I get my groove back, then I'll update whenever like an unpredictable bean >:)

I apologise for the mess and inconvenience caused! Thanks for reading <3 ily