Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 11 of The Luckyblogger Alya Césaire: Journaling Miraculous Arcane/Occult Events For The Luckyblog
Stats:
Published:
2021-04-10
Updated:
2021-04-13
Words:
6,995
Chapters:
2/?
Comments:
2
Kudos:
12
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
444

(I Know) How I Spent My All Saints' Break

Chapter 2: 5@8r1^@ - November 14th, 2020

Summary:

Yeah, Sabrina doesn't know what the hell is going on...

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

??????


“That’s
her, Chloé’s little minion.”

Oh. You mean Chloé’s little friend?”


“Chloé’s right-hand.”


“It’s Chloé and Chloé Orange.”


“That girl Chloé hangs around.”


“The Chloé follower with the glasses?”


Sabrina looks at her reflection in the mirror, seeing the butterfly mask outline over her face. The akuma had flown into the Karma pendant Chloé gave her. “Identifier, you want to prove to the world that you’re your own person? I’m giving you the power to do so.


“We’re too late!”


Bunnyx opens her umbrella, turning to the figure beside her. “I’m never too late.”


👒/👓


Sat, Nov 14th, 2020


When Sabrina wakes up it's to nothingness. She doesn’t bother moving her body, solely her left hand as she grabs her phone from the nightstand. Unlocking the phone, she sees one missed text from her father saying he was staying at Jen’s this weekend. Then there was the reminder that Adrien’s birthday is tomorrow. There isn’t anything the blond needs – at least nothing Sabrina can afford. She’ll probably just get him some Lady Luck merchandise or something. Quick as Kim’s sister was overseeing them, they were getting sold out.


As Sabrina aimlessly scrolls through her phone, the screen glitches before blacking out. “Seriously?” She groans scowling at the screen. Pressing down on the power button some kind of light shoots from her phone. Sabrina screams then throws her phone and sits up in her bed grabbing her glasses.


There’s a loud groan before a hand makes its way onto the bed then Sabrina gasps as she sees herself but obviously grown-up get to her feet. “Stupid electricity powers...” She grumbles. “Oh!” Her eyes widen and she runs over to the head of the bed, “I forgot how tiny I used to be!” She giggles.


“U-Used to? W-Why are you here?!”


“I’m here to see you, duh. I’m you from a future, parallel universe.” She wiggles her fingers, “come to save your soul!” She laughs then stops when Sabrina on the bed hugs her knees against her chest, “aww... sorry. Too much.” She clears her throat, “I am here to save you.”


“From what?”


Total isolation!” Her voice echoes and Sabrina flinches. “Take a look at this.” Sabrina looks at the digital watch on her older, parallel self’s arm, “wait a minute. What day is it?” She bangs against the watch, “oh fucking... ” She sighs, “okay. I must’ve come back too late but don’t worry! I can fix this. Well not me but—”


“What are you talking about?”


“I’ve come to warn you before you screw up all your relationships. Fortunately, I know someone dear to me with kickass time-altering powers. Can’t give away any spoilers.” Sabrina on the bed frowns then slowly moves her legs. “S—They allowed me to come to this timeline, right after the split, and try to help with things. Right now as you sit? You have no one in your corner, but you already know that? Don’t you?”


“So what? Who needs people? And another thing: If you come from the future and are trying me fix my present which is your past, won’t you cease to exist?”


“Hun, the only way I will cease to exist is if you go back in my timeline approximately nineteen years ago and kill my maman. Or the old man. Right before they meet.” Sabrina in the bed nods slowly. “my timeline is connected but ultimately different from this one. Wanna know why I’m here and not, say, future you from this timeline? She doesn’t exist. You not being true to yourself is the key to your self-destruction.”


Future/Parallel Sabrina puts a strand of her hair behind her ear. Current Sabrina takes a look at her older self. Her hair is longer, tied in a fishtail braid, her glasses are much different – a much nicer style that fights her a little bit more grown-up face. (That M on the frame looks very familiar...) Her eyes. Her future/parallel self has kind, unmistakably happy eyes. Sabrina can’t recall the last time she was truly happy. And if she dies sometime within the next four years, she probably won’t be happy.


“It’s suicide, right? My death?” The older Sabrina nods, “figured as much. Everyone hates me, my own papa can’t stand the sight of me...”


“Well first off, fuck him. You don’t need him, okay? I need you to recognize that now.” She puts her hands on Sabrina’s shoulders, “papa is not a good person and neither is the witch he marries. She and her horrible daughter torment us endlessly and leaving all sorts of little ‘gifts’ to assist with the suicide.” Sabrina gasps as her older self hugs her, “you are stronger than you know.”


“What do I have to do?”


Older Sabrina rubs her hands together after she lets go, “the damage done before All Saints’ Break can’t be fixed. It’s cemented in time but it’s necessary for the recovery. I know it sounds like bull but it isn’t. Trust me. Start from Halloween. Mend the bonds you broke. Create new bonds that won’t be easily split.”


“W-What about Chloé?”


“What about Chloé?”


“You didn’t mention her. She's my best friend! S-She has to at least care that I don’t exist anymore, right?” Sabrina’s eyes water as her older self looks away, “s-she doesn’t care? Does she even know?”


“I don’t know.” They both sigh heavily. “The most important thing you need to remember is... for the love of all that is magical, do not let yourself get possessed by an akuma again!”


“A-Anything else?”


A portal opens, “hey! You aren’t done yet?” Sabrina does a double-take as she sees a blue rabbit halfway sticking out of the portal, “your ten minutes are up.”


“Right. One last thing, okay?” The rabbit rolls her eyes then disappears behind the portal. Beaming, Older Sabrina looks back at her younger self. “Take another look at that ice cream. Since I’m sending you back to Halloween.”


“The ice cream?” Laughing, Older Sabrina walks backwards into the portal and there’s a brilliant flash that has the fourteen-year-old shielding her eyes.


👒/👓


Sun, Oct 31st, 2020


Sabrina’s eyes snap open and she lunges from bed. The orange-haired teen squints around her room before retrieving her glasses and cellphone from the nighttable and looking at them. October 31st. Ooh. Today is the school dance!


Giggling to herself, Sabrina gets out of bed and walks over to her closet. The first thing Sabrina sees when she opens her closet is her outfit for tonight.


A yellow and white empire dress that had matching jewelry. After showering and getting ready for the day, Sabrina opens the refrigerator and sighs when she finds it empty sans a carton of milk that expired six months ago.


Ever since his akuma possession*, her father’s been doing all he can to make sure the police still have a voice in the city. Lady Luck and Karma don’t actively go out looking for crime to fight, they stick to magical disturbances but her father was so embarrassed by getting his ass handed to him by a pair of teenagers not just once but twice, he must’ve felt he needed to do something to still get respect.


Sabrina checks her account and sees Chloé puts some money in. She sends the blonde a thank you text then orders some food online.


Sabrina cleaned the apartment while waiting for her food. She got a text from Adrien that was mostly happy emojis stating his parents okayed him to attend the dance but Tante Émilie had to chaperone. Sabrina grimaces. Adrien’s parents are such hardasses.


The dance isn’t for another few hours so Sabrina passes the time playing Cycle Slaughter. “Sabrina? Sabrina, I’m home.” The orange-haired teen rolls her eyes and keeps playing. Roger sticks his head in the doorway, “Sab—”


“Little busy, papa. Besides, I doubt you’re staying. Just gonna grab a change of clothes or something right?” Out the corner of her eye, she sees Roger frown. “Guess you not denying it just confirms it.”


“Jan told me there was a dance tonight.”


Sabrina clicks her tongue, “I told you about the dance two weeks ago, papa. That’s when I asked to go to Oncle Gabriel’s new boutique to get my dress.” Roger rubs the back of his neck. “It’s okay that you don’t remember. You haven’t really been listening to me for a while now.”


“What? Of course, I have—” Roger’s phone begins ringing. “...You’re the most important person in my life.”


Sabrina lets out a bitter laugh, “uh-huh. Is that why you’re finger is itching to answer your phone? I have to get ready to go so don’t mind me.”


“I came home so we could talk.”


“Papa, there’s nothing to talk about.” Once the match ends, Sabrina takes the game then the television off and gets up from her bed. “I have to go. Tante Émilie is picking me up.”


👒/👓


“Take another look at the ice cream.”


Sabrina looks at the picture on her phone and frowns. The ice cream she got the other day. Pinkish red and blue. She scans the floor. “Stop it.”


Sabrina looks up at Chloé, “stop what?”


“You’re scanning the room looking for your ‘match.’ Give it up, Sabrina, it’s bullshit. Utter bullshit.”


“You wouldn’t believe so if you got Lady Luck.” Sabrina mumbles.


“What was that?”


“I said I’m getting some punch.” Chloé’s eyes narrow as Sabrina gets up from the chair and makes her way over to the dessert table. Marinette’s parents are catering the event but so is the ice cream guy. Maybe she should talk to him again?


Marinette’s parents are gushing over their daughter’s outfit she no doubt made herself.


Sabrina reaches for a petite four the same time someone else does and they both grab it at the same time. Sabrina looks to her right the same time Alix looks to her left, “I saw it first.”


“Like hell you did. Besides, I have longer arms and reached it before you.”


“Wow. You’re like three centimetres taller than I am.” Sabrina gasps as Alix snatches the pâtissèrie from her grasp then smugly pops it into her mouth.


“You’re insufferable.” Alix opens her mouth and Sabrina shudders as she sees the partially chewed-up pâtissèrie in the pink-haired teen’s open mouth.


Huffing, Sabrina grabs another pâtissèrie then puts it in her mouth sticking her tongue out at Alix.


Then Sabrina isn’t sure what happens but the two of them start grabbing pâtissèries from the other’s hand and stuffing them into their mouths.


“What the hell is going on?” Aurore asks. Both of their faces are stuffed and Alix starts gesturing wildly as she struggles to swallow her food. Aurore sighs, “you know what? Never mind.” The blonde shakes her head as she walks off.


Sabrina pours two glasses of the punch then hands one to Alix and downs the other. Alix gulps the drink in a nanosecond then sighs in relief, “fuck, I needed that. Thanks.”


“Well, you wouldn’t’ve needed it if you weren’t so immature.”


“I’m sorry but who was just as eagerly chowing down?” The pink-haired teen raises an eyebrow. Sabrina folds her arms over her chest.


“Did you do the love ice cream yet?”


“No, but I will. Can’t wait to see the ‘hype.’” She air-quotes with an eyeroll, “I think it’s bullshit.”


“I think he’s on the level. I got my ice cream a few days ago.”


“Yeah, Rose told me. She said you and Chloé aren’t seeing eye-to-eye because of it.” Sabrina gives a one-shoulder shrug. “You know you’re allowed to disagree with her, right?”


“S-Shut up, I know that! This is far from the first time Chloé and I argued. It’s not like we’ll stop being friends because of it.”


“Maybe but it probably means you two won’t get possessed at the same time again.”


“You’re such an asshole.”


“Takes one to know one. Later.” Alix points finger guns at her before snagging another pâtissèrie then walking off. Sabrina huffs. Unbelievable. Wait a second. The orange-haired teen tilts her head watching Alix walk off. Pinkish red...? N-No! Her ice cream is not Alix, it-it can’t be! Sabrina’s face turns red. Why isn’t she against the possibility?


👒/👓


????


Sabrina slowly opens her eyes. “Do you think she’ll do it?”


The orange-haired teen sits up, “I was pretty stupid, Alix.”


“Not like that’s changed.” The pink-haired teen plants a kiss on Sabrina’s forehead. Sabrina smiles up at the taller teen. “Gotta do some universe wrangling. Fluff, we’re on Buddy, clockwise.” Sabrina watches the kwami zip into the pocketwatch around Alix’s neck transforming her.


👒/👓


Sat, Nov 14th, 2020


Sabrina wakes up to her alarm above her. She blinks up at the ceiling that’s a bit farther away than usual. Oh great. She fell off the bed. That hasn’t happened in a while. “That’s an omen...” She mumbles hitting her head as she sits up, “oh damn.”


Then her phone vibrates until it falls on her head, then it falls in her lap with a call from Chloé. Sabrina picks up the phone. Chloé is talking about one day to get all the necessities to throw the best party ever for Adrien’s birthday. Tomorrow.


Sabrina hangs up on Chloé and Adrien after they continue arguing instead of saying anything of relevance.


After taking a shower then brushing her teeth, Sabrina loafs on her bed and starts playing Cycle Slaughter. While the match loads, she hears a knock on the door. Sabrina looks over and sees her father in the doorway. “G-Good morning, Pumpkin.” Sabrina merely spares the man a glance then turns up the volume on the television. “I understand why you’re upset with me!”


“Not upset, indifferent.”


“What? Can you turn down the—” Sabrina turns down the volume, “—volu—oh. What did you say?”


“I said I’m not upset, I’m indifferent. This isn’t the first time you ditched to hang with your girlfriend of the month, I get it.”


“Jan and I are getting married.”


“Girlfriend. Fiancée. Whatever, man. Still the most important woman in your life.”


“Th-That’s not fair, Sabrina.”


Sabrina rolls her eyes. “Do not let yourself get possessed by an akuma again.” A voice strangely identical to hers urges. “You don’t need him. You’ll get a family all your own. A family who won’t abandon you.” Sabrina shakes her head. Who the hell is talking to her? Sounding like her?


“He feels threatened because he’s shit at his job and he takes his anger out on you and the whole world because of his glaring incompetence.” Lady Luck says.


“Sabrina Raincomprix,” Sabrina stares wide-eyed at Lady Luck holding a pair of hairclips in her hands, “this the miraculous of the goat. It harnesses the power of electricity. I am selecting you to be its permanent wielder.”


“G-Get out, I-I can fight alongside you?
Me?” Lady Luck and Karma both nod.


“You deserve it.” Karma says with a smile.


“Sabrina!” The orange-haired teen snaps back to the present. Roger is holding onto her shoulders, “are you alright? You... You—I don’t even know. I was calling your name and you weren’t responding. Wait, are you responding now?”


“I’m fine.” Sabrina shrugs his hands off her shoulders. “Please don’t pretend you care now. You haven’t been here in two weeks.”


“I’ve... I’ve been busy.”


“Exactly. Too busy to buy groceries. Too busy to just come around. Too busy to check on your only daughter. Too busy to call. I’m used to all this already papa. And you always have the same excuse.”


“I’m trying...”

“Not hard enough. But like I said, I’m used to this already. I’m trying to play my game, papa. Maybe I can schedule you in on Monday. I don’t have school.”


Frowning, Roger leaves the room. Naturally, he wouldn’t even try. Sabrina bets Jan or Jen or whatever the hell her name is has a full refrigerator and Aimée is enjoying having her new almost father around. Which is good because once they get married, that woman will realize as the months go by the less and less groceries will be in the fridge and Sabrina will have moved in with Chloé at Le Grand Paris.


Sabrina gets a mass text from Chloé talking about Adrien’s birthday.


👒/👓


The Agreste® boutique just opened two weeks ago and Sabrina walks inside and sees Émilie overseeing the employees putting up the window display.


“Hello Sabrina, what a lovely surprise.” Émilie walks over to the teen and hugs her.


“I was looking for an outfit for Adrien’s party tomorrow.” The smile slips off the woman’s face. “You don’t approve?”


“The outfit? Of course. The party itself? Not so much. Adrien has been rather... unusual lately. He has made so many odd requests and his behavior...” The blonde shakes her head, “he picked a fine time to start rebelling and acting out. I-I just don’t know what to do. He was always such a sweet, well-behaved child. Do you think public school was a bad idea?”


“N-No, Tante Émilie. I think Adrien being in François Düpont is a good thing.”

Émilie raises an eyebrow, “you do?”


“Everyone loves him... and him wearing Oncle Gabriel’s clothing grants exposure.”


Émilie taps her chin, “true. You are a genius. I’ve always said it. Adrien, Chloé, and you being the most stylish students in collège wearing Agreste® clothing? It’s genius! And we’re still early into the school year. I have to go organize Adrien’s closet when I get home. What are you in the mood for, dear?”


👒/👓


“Why don’t you just sleepover?”


“Aren’t there enough people in this place?” Alix playfully punches her in the arm but the pink-haired teen is stupidly strong so even a punch she pulls hurt.


👒/👓


“Sabrina, we’re putting you in.”


The orange-haired teen does a double-take, “
bwha—?”


“You got this.” Alix puts her hands on Sabrina’s helmet bringing their heads together, “win or lose, you got this.” The orange-haired teen is thankful the lighting conceals her blush as she nods. “Right. Rock on.” Alix moves her hands and head.


“Huddle!” Marinette yells and everyone puts their hand in, “one... two... three... it’s clobbering time!” The girls cheer.


Sabrina gulps as she skates onto the track. Aurore, Ari, Abigail, and Adélaïde all give her thumbs up. Sabrina scans the crowd and sees Chloé and Adrien holding up a banner with her name on it. They’re both wearing navy and black – the team’s colors.


👒/👓


Sighing, Sabrina looks at the video on her phone. Camilla holds up a glass, “MVP of the day? Mlle. Juleka! Couffaine!” Juleka brushes some hair behind her right ear as the team cheers for her.


“Girl, that was awesome!” Alya says toasting her glass with Juleka’s, “I’d hug ya but I’m all sweaty.” Juleka mumbles something and Alya’s eyes widen, “you sure?” She nods and Alya puts her glass down then hugs Juleka.


From across the table, Sabrina sees Juleka’s face turns almost as red as her eyes. Well, Alya does give great hugs. The orange-haired teen grips her phone tight.


👒/👓


Blackberry clobber are standing in front of her, “and just why should we let you back in?” Fei asks folding her arms over her chest, “you’re a liar and a cheat.”


“Because I want to get better. I-I wanna matter!” Sabrina hiccups, “f-for once in my life I wanna be selfish. I wanna do this purely for me. Yes, I was forced into this like I was forced to go to François Düpont and forced to play nice with the agoraphobe's kid but just like those choices I’m choosing to continue. I’m choosing myself. Not papa. Not even Chloé. Sabrina Elizabeth Raincomprix. I’m my own person, dammit! I even got possessed by an akuma with Chloé!” Tears run down her face, “for the first time in my life when I joined the team, I was talked to like I was an individual with an agency. Sure, I was in a group setting but we’re all treated like we each have a part to contribute.” She wipes her eyes. “I know I have no right asking for forgiveness for what I did but I apologized to Clara Nightingale. I apologized to Marc and told Clara it was their poem and they got to spend an entire evening at dinner with Clara Nightingale.”


“All of this is... touching but you want back in the team because you mattered as you and not as an add-on to Chloé. What does that have to do with us?” Kagami asks.


“I’ve grown to like all of you... s-some more than others.” She says blushing. She quickly glances in Alix’s direction before looking away.


“What makes blackberry clobber so much better than the other teams? You were doing great on raspberry and grape.” Aurore says.


“They don’t have Alix...” She mumbles. All the girls stare at Alix who stares wide-eyed at Sabrina, “I know you don’t feel romantic attraction, but I got a serious crush on you.” Alix’s face turns red. “I wanna get better because it means I get to be with you.”


Awww!” The team, minus Alix, coos.


S-Stop!” Alix blushes. Marinette laughs, hugging Alix who buries her face in the blue-haired teen’s body.


“Well, the power of love compels you to do better and we’d be pretty shitty people to turn our noses up at love.” Aurore says and the others nod in agreement.


“So we’re letting her back in?” Rose asks, “d-does that mean I have to leave?”


“No. Having both of you doesn’t put our number over sixteen, we’re good. The league just recently increased the number of team members to sixteen rather than fourteen.” Ari says. “You’re gonna be on the bench until we can trust you again.” Sabrina nods.


Marinette pats Alix’s head as she continues her hold on the taller teen, “I don’t care how big your crush is on Alix. I love Alix more than anything on this earth. If you do anything to make her uncomfortable, I will personally end you. And that is a promise.”


Gulping, Sabrina nods. “Group hug!” Rose squeals and everyone crowds Sabrina from all sides hugging her.


👒/👓


“Bare your soul, Sabrina Raincomprix. It’s the only way you’ll be set free.”


Taking a deep breath, Sabrina dials number one on her phone. “Chloé? C-Can we talk?”

Notes:

*see the interview to end all interviews