Actions

Work Header

The Unnatural Story of SVT Pack

Summary:

“I’ll do it” Wonwoo said finally. Seungcheol was an oblivious alpha, even when he was obviously in love with Jeonghan and Joshua he had not pursued past pseudo-bonding simply because he thought they deserve better. He can’t let their maknae be in a one sided affair simply because the eldest still sees him as a baby. The very least Wonwoo can do is give Dino some space to grow himself until Seungcheol gets a brain.

“Why you?” Mingyu asked with a thin smile.

 

Aka. Where Alpha Wonwoo became the Omega

Notes:

I will be updating this in small chapters until I completely finish it.

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Chapter 1: Unnatural Omega

Chapter Text

Omega’s were a rare breed, they were not as many as Beta’s nor Alpha’s if there were 80 Beta’s then there would most likely be 15 Alpha’s and 5 Omegas. Omegas aren’t just born Omegas either some were grown to be Omegas because werewolf society needed the heirarchy for Omegas.

If there was no natural omega around then one of the twin alphas in a pack becomes an omega, or if there was no twins around then one of the two strongest brother alpha becomes an omega. A beta cannot become an omega because they were in essence just that a beta. A pack cannot survive without an omega, but contrary to popular belief omegas can live without a pack, most lone wolves were former alphas turned omega.

This was not common knowledge either, but Wonwoo had been curious ever since Mingyu had become an alpha and Minghao and Seokmin became beta. He had an odd feeling that there was no natural Omega among the pack, sure Seungkwan might be but he highly doubt the rumbustious kid would let anyone outside their pack knot him, and even among the pact he suspect he would only let himself be knotted by Vernon.

An omega was a trophy or a show of power for a pack, the stronger the omega was the stronger the concept of the pack was. Because that would entail that the Alpha and the betas were stronger than the strong omega. This did not always ring true though, Dino had just matured and he was a beta, not the omega that all of them had thought him to be. They already had three alpha among the thirteen of them (they were a pretty big pack) and there was no more space for another alpha, so if Dino was to become an alpha he would automatically become an omega but for him to become a beta meant that he was just that; a beta.

Among the three Alpha: Seungcheol was responsible for offense and the fact he already made a pseudo-bond with two of the betas in their pack meant he could no longer become an omega.

Mingyu was responsible for defense maintaining everyones state of equilibrium, making sure that there was no outside force trying to invade into their pack without his knowledge, he was also a very popular individual outside of their pack, in school there were a lot of people vying for his attention especially among betas.

Wonwoo was responsible for increasing the size of their pack but their non confrontational nature made it hard. The fact that when Mingyu became an alpha the younger would sulk whenever anyone approached the older made it harder for him to do his job.

It was no shock to him then when he had felt his first slick and release of pheromones, luckily no one was around in their home when it happened and he had quickly ran to the nearest clinic to figure out his pheromone cycle. Which coincidentally was the same as his rut cycle when he was still an alpha. Since he was originally an alpha he could hide his omega musk with his own alpha musk, as long as he didn’t completely lose focus he was gonna be fine. As for his heat he probably still had a year before it came. He wasn’t a born omega so his heat didn’t start as soon as the first moon came.

 

——

 

“I’m sorry...” Dino said one day at the dinner table, tears was rolling down his eyes as he looked at his hands. It’s been close to a month since he presented as a beta and they just waited for him to open it himself rather than shoving him.

“It’s okay Dino-yah” Jeonghan said lightly as he patted his head. “You’re our baby anyway it would be weird if Mingyu or Wonwoo bonded with you.”

“But isn’t it weird that our pack doesn’t have an omega?” Dino mumbled.

“Don’t worry about it... for now... would it be alright if you act as our omega Dino-yah?” Seungcheol said delicately, which earned him a mean look from Jeonghan and Joshua. “I mean only at school, I didn’t mean by being our uhmmm... omega...” He added on quickly.

“Yes, yes of course hyung” Dino said with a quick approval, he would do anything so their pack won’t become an outcast, especially a 13 person pack with no omega spelled trouble.

Seungcheol gave him a sweet smile. “Uhmmm, the problem is with your scent.”

“Oh, uhmmm... I could just use a pherofume... and uhmmm have one of you scent me.” Dino said as he looked expectantly at Seungcheol.

Wonwoo was no idiot, he knew that look and finally understood why Dino was a beta. Seungcheol was one of those alpha’s that only took on betas as a possible bond-mate. It wasn’t as unnatural as it sounds, yes Alphas are attracted to the omegas heat and pheromones but that didn’t mean they don’t have preferences. Seungcheol preferred the neutral scent of betas. Mingyu preferred the strong scent of alpha’s but was more attuned to an omegas smell. Wonwoo preferred the... honestly speaking he haven’t found his preferred scent yet.

“I’ll do it” Wonwoo said finally. Seungcheol was an oblivious alpha, even when he was obviously in love with Jeonghan and Joshua he had not pursued past pseudo-bonding simply because he thought they deserve better. He can’t let their maknae be in a one sided affair simply because the eldest still sees him as a baby. The very least Wonwoo can do is give Dino some space to grow himself until Seungcheol gets a brain.

“Why you?” Mingyu asked with a thin smile.

“You’re in the basketball team and that club is full of Alpha’s, same for Seungcheol in his workplace. If the alpha’s of your teams becomes interested in Dino it would be more problematic, you know how some alpha’s don’t consider omegas as... people”

“It’s only pherofumes”

“Which is still plenty strong, just because you’re more sensitive to omega scent doesn’t mean all alphas are, Seungcheol can’t even even distinguish one omega from another much less pherofumes.”

“Hey, I can” he answered indignantly but Wonwoo tuned him out.

“There’s a lot of alpha who surrounds you too hyung, haven’t you noticed the library being full of stupid alpha’s these days, as if they... You’re not safe either”

“I can take care of myself Mingyu, I’m not the topic here.”

“Hey I have a nose”

“Yes hyung you do and if I need a nose to differentiate five different betas then I’d go to you.” Wonwoo finally answers the pouting Seungcheol.

“Oh so he has five different beta’s does he...” Wonwoo heard Joshua mumble somewhere to his right, he decided not to dwell on it, that was not his problem.

“I think Wonwoo is right Mingyu, besides Wonwoo’s alpha scent has become much more relaxing as of late. It would be more helpful for Dino to have an alphas relaxing scent around him” Hoshi said stopping their squabble.

“Wouldn’t it better to ask Chan himself? I mean Dino” Vernon said seriously. The people around the table looked at him then at Dino.

Wonwoo sees Dino looking at Seungcheol for a split second then at him. Wonwoo gave him a comforting smile. Dino knew that Wonwoo was aware of his one sided crush to the eldest, he must’ve figured out this was a way for the older to help him out.

“I’ll go with Wonwoo-hyung.”

“Then the matter is settled. Dino isn’t a child anymore, he can decide for himself.” Vernon said then continued eating.

 

——

 

“Hyung, I’m sorry I’m not an omega”

“It’s not your fault Chanie” Wonwoo answered as the younger snuggled closer to him. Wonwoo was enveloping him with both his Alpha scent and Omega scent.

“Hyung you know right? Why I’m a beta and not an omega” the younger asked with a slight crack in his voice.

“Hmmmm” Wonwoo hummed to indicate that yes he did know why.

“I’m sorry hyung.” Wonwoo felt guilty.

“You wanna know a secret”

“Hmm... yea?”

“... I’m an omega”

A scoff “yeah right hyung”

“It was the day after you became a beta, instead of having my rut i was releasing pheromones.”

The younger sat up quickly and looked at him, his eyes were wide as if he was willing Wonwoo to tell him he was pulling his leg.

“Hyu...hyung...” tears was pooling in the youngers eyes and he was about to cry “I’m sorry... sorry... it’s my fault...”

“Hey, it’s not your fault... I already had my suspicions anyways..”

“But..but..” Dino looked at the older his tears still streaming down his eyes. “You’re an alpha..”

“But I had never been able to fulfill my duty as an alpha.”

Dino pouted at that. “You’re a great alpha you always comforted us in your own way, just like how a mother would... oh...”

Wonwoo laughed as Dino face fell into understanding.

“But.. I’m not ready to become an omega yet Chanie... In all my 23 years of existence I have always wanted to be an alpha and these last three years... I can’t let go of it yet.”

“Hyung... Mingyu-hyung will still love you even though you’re not an alpha anymore you know.”

“Haha, it has nothing to do with Mingyu” Wonwoo chuckled as he patted the youngers head. Dino was looking at him as if he was giving him a lie. Truth be told it was 30% about Mingyu. “Dino-yah can you imagine what people would think if a former alpha became an omega overnight?”

Dino’s face finally tells him the younger understood.

“Internal disputes would be the kindest people would give the meaning to. Worst rape or...”

“Salaciousness”

“I didn’t know you knew that word” wonwoo said with a laugh.

“I’m not a child anymore hyung.”

“They would treat me as the lowest omega ever to walk the earth, an alpha who let himself be beaten to submission and...” Wonwoo couldn’t make himself finish his sentence.

“Hyung... it’s my fault...”

“No, it’s not and besides I don’t really mind being an omega if it can help our pack... it’s just I’m not ready yet” Wonwoo looked at Dino “I should be the one saying sorry to you Dino-yah for... making you act like our omega.”

“Hyung... it’s the least I can do for you...” Dino smiled and hugged Wonwoo. Wonwoo decided to let go of his reign and let his alpha and omega scent permeate from both of them.

 

—-

 

The next morning Mingyu smelled a new smell at home. Like a sweet mint and sandalwood, like a sweet version of Wonwoo’s alpha smell or should he say an omega version of it. He was not the only one who noticed it because even Jun and Seungcheol wrinkled their nose as if there was a new smell at home.

It came from Dino’s room and since Wonwoo slept with Dino last night that could only mean a combination of their smell a hint of alpha and omega scent. If Mingyu was being honest it smelled like a genuine omega and not just pherofumes but since both smells were Wonwoo’s and nothing elses; the sweetness was just a natural omega scent not a distinct omega smell, that meant that it must just be pherofumes.

“It’s weird but it smells like a real omega scent, but I can only smell Wonwoo” Jun said as he went to the fridge to take out a carton of milk.

“You talk like an alpha.”

“He is supposed to be an alpha, if his family didn’t fall into ruin that is” Minghao said as he took the carton from juns hand and poured himself a glass.

“I still smell Chan though, it’s very light... but are we sure Chan isn’t an omega?” Seungcheol asked as he sniffed the air some more.

“I don’t smell Chan” Mingyu said as he sniffed.

“Probably because you’re too aware of Wonwoo’s smell. Besides they do have somewhat the same scent.”

The door to Dino’s room opened spilling out the maknae in a white shirt and blue shorts with mussed hair and Wonwoo in the same look. Wonwoo gave out a loud yawn as he went to the kitchen and looked begrudgingly at the empty table.

He smelled like he usually does a smell of sandalwood and a bit of mint, it wasn’t sweet but not overpowering either it was more like just relaxing.

Dino smelled sweeter though the scent that Mingyu picked out since awhile ago was emanating from Dino and he looked at Seungcheol who had the same puzzled expression that he probably did. Jun just shrugged as he and Minghao trudged back into their room.

“Where is my breakfast?” Wonwoo asked pointedly at Mingyu, who had not yet moved from his position in the kitchen counter.

“Huh?” Mingyu asked puzzled.

“My Breakfast.” Wonwoo pouted which Dino to his right imitated. “I’m hungry”

“I’m hungry too appa” Dino pouted.

“I’m not your dad”

“Wonwoo-eomma, i need a new appa” Dino said cheekily at Wonwoo

“Ok, let’s look for a new one.”

Mingyu bit his lips trying to both not smile and berate them. He took some ingredients from the fridge to start cooking a simple breakfast. He knew it was not normal for him to feel heat whenever Chan called them appa and eomma but he couldn’t help feel just a bit heated. Thinking of Jeon Wonwoo as the mother of his future kid wasn’t a bad thought but two Alphas won’t end up with a kid unless at least one of them is female.

“How about that guy that always hang out with you in the library?”

“Who?”

“What was it, uhmmm... Shownu?”

Mingyu bit his lip, he knew the guy, tall, broad and one of the strongest and kindest alpha around. Didn’t mean he liked it.

“Ah Yeah, Shownu’s a good guy” Wonwoo answered thoughtfully. Mingyu dropped the food in front of the two guys.

“Then you should ask him to make you breakfast next time” Mingyu answered with a huff and stormed out the kitchen.

“Wow, you two seem to have gotten closer in one night” Seungcheol said at his seat in the table. Watching the whole comedy in front of him with a laugh.