Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 63 of Canarrow Oliver/Sara pairing
Stats:
Published:
2021-04-17
Completed:
2021-04-19
Words:
10,216
Chapters:
3/3
Comments:
64
Kudos:
61
Bookmarks:
14
Hits:
2,595

After Homecoming

Chapter Text

Hello everybody.

Decided to post the final chapter as a massive, long one instead of breaking it up into pieces.


May Parker's house

Sitting at the kitchen table finishing up an unplanned lunch George glances out the window for the sixth time which does not go unnoticed by his wife.

Looking over "What's wrong honey?" Helen asks.

"I rather hoped I was wrong but there's a black van sitting out across the street that's been parked here for the last few minutes. The vehicle is more military kind, I'd say we are about to have visitors" George says.

"Military as private mercs former sectary Hitler could send after us?" May asks.

"Yes" George replies "I know you keep firearms here May, what do you have exactly?"

"Semi-auto shotgun hidden around the first doorway, two handguns in the drawers over there in the living room and upstairs in Peter's there's a shotgun. There's a semi-automatic rifle in my room. Oh, a K-Bar knife Ben got in the same drawer with the handguns. Probably not enough to take on a whole squad of mercenaries, can't even believe I just said that, but hopefully buy us time" May replies nervously.

"Don't worry May the two of us are not any better for being unafraid but we'll get through it" Helen says reassuringly.

After quickly checking his cellphone "No use calling for help they have a jammer blocking the signals. We're on our own" George says grimly.

"Like Peter says typical Parker Luck for how things end up. Let's move" May says resigned but resolved.

Causally rising to their feet George makes his way over to a nearby cabinet in the living room, while May and Helen move into the hallway.

Some minutes later four men wearing all black clothes kick down the main door with beginning to make their way into the house quietly communicating by hand signals. Three of the men begin making their way towards the hallway not expecting much resistance and the fourth person enters the living room.

Only as the man steps into the living room he suddenly feels George placing a handgun barrel against his temple before pulling the trigger. The man having his brains blown out falls dead. Just as the other men turn intending to react suddenly May and Helen come out of two side rooms wielding shotguns.

Pulling the triggers, the resulting blasts send the first two men down dead and the fourth fires off a quick-fire hitting May's right side while two bullets hit Helen in her right leg. However, it's the last hit ever done given another shotgun blast impacts his head sending him down lifeless.

Meanwhile back in the living room George turns seeing another man break in through the living room window who quickly fires off a few rounds from his gun hitting George in his left shoulder. However, George despite hissing in pian fires off two rounds double tapping the military man's heart. Just then George looks over sees a man throwing in a flash-bang which explodes blinding NYPD captain just as two other men come rushing in quickly subduing Stacy. Also, one knocks George out cold by bringing the cut of his rifle onto his head, painfully.

In the hallway, Helen and May hearing glass break turn around seeing two more military members rush in from a back door with quickly throwing another flashbang blinding them. Moving over the men securing both women with zip ties around their wrists and render them unconscious as they did to George Stacy.

The men drag Helen and May to George only a voice in their helmets informs about sudden individuals showing up on the infrared scanner. Just as one of the men replies who their question is answered by a red, white, and blue shield flying in to hit one of them in the chest sending him back into a wall unconscious.

Just as the shield flies back the men watching in growing dread as the shield flies into the hands of Steve Rogers fully standing there in his Captain America suit. Right next to Rogers is Natasha in her Black Widow uniform holding two handguns.

While one-man men radio its Captain America and Widow for needing immediate assistance the other men open fire. However, it's too late as Natasha unleashes handguns at once kills both men with headshots sending them to the ground.

"Let's make our way outside, less chance of the three captives getting hurt though I think they need medical attention quickly" Steve orders.

"I'll find a medic kit; you handle the squads," Natasha says.

However, no chance as more mercenaries burst through the door all carrying guns with opening fire immediately. Causing Steve to react instinctively blocking all the fire with his shield just as Natasha takes cover behind it as they make their way forward promptly. Getting closer the men start moving backward while stop firing since don't want to risk getting hit themselves just as Captain America and his wife engage.

Steve slams the first man with his shield sending him into a nearby wall breaking multiple ribs, then kicks the closest one nearby in her leg breaking it before punching her in the face knocking the mercenary out cold. Engaging the next two in combat Captain America punching another in his head and tosses his second enemy into one more wall.

Having sheathed her handguns Natasha punches straight into one merc's head using the widow bite option on her gloves to send an electric pulse right into his face knocking the man out cold. Just as another one using a knife tries to attack her Black Widow quickly engages him in combat before shoving the knife in his chest and pulls it out before sending the blade right into an approaching's attacker's head killing the woman instantly.

Very aware of the hostages needing attention Captain America and Black Widow rush outside the house only to see a black van driven personally by Ross charging directly towards them. However, before even Steve can move in to disable it with his shield and brute strength rapidly spider webs come down attaching all along the top of the vehicle.

Looking up Steve and Natasha see Spiderwoman, perched on a nearby lamppost, holding all the webs from having fired off webs out while swinging down, and effortlessly pulls the entire van backward busting out the windshield. Ross, although dazed, manages to pull himself out of the vehicle only Spiderwoman having hopped onto the ground briskly walks over with spinning and flipping out of the gunfire brought by Ross and lands right near him.

Reaching over Gwen removing his weapon crushes it her hand before kicking him back into the van, and webbing Ross in place. Ross struggles against the webbing pinning him to the vehicle by his chest and legs. Briefly goes to speak only for Gwen to web his mouth shut too.

Glancing over Gwen sees Captain America walking over while Natasha quickly dashes back into the house. Burying the pit of dread in her stomach Gwen deciding to not need Ross punches him in his face breaking Ross's jaw, and nose rendering the monster out cold. Just as Peter swings down onto the ground beside her with gently taking Gwen's hand while turning to speak at Captain America.

"How… are they?" Gwen asks cautiously.

"Don't know fully yet" Steve replies.

Both Spider vigilantes rush into the house, and quickly seeing Natasha crouching down move over. Natasha cutting the zip tie around May's hands which having already freed George and Helen with checking them looks up at the two.

"They are fine, just out cold with minor gunshot wounds and not much blood loss," Natasha says.

Exhaling "Thank God," Peter says.

"Dad, mom," Gwen says shaking her head to emotionally distance herself "If we can let them sleep until the hospital and can get the bullets out."

"Can you get all three there? We will handle Tony Stark" Steve says walking up from behind.

Looking over at the man "No change of plans, we are not Avengers and after the Civil War mess neither intend to be. I need you both to get them to a hospital Captain because you're the only person who I trust keeping our family safe. Iron Man is our problem" Peter says firmly.

"This is not a time to start a turf war," Natasha says briskly.

"You're a kid son, you were blackmailed into this fight that still is with between Tony and the rest of us. I get you want revenge, but we don't have time for this. Plus, you're injured with needing medical attention yourselves" Steve replies.

"We are not doing this for revenge, we are doing this because it's right and neither one of us has been kids for a long time," Gwen says.

"Trust us like we trust you Captain, and for us being injured? Like you once said in an interview you can do this all day, so can we" Peter says.

"Alright, but we need help moving them into a car," Steve says.

"You never even had to ask" Gwen replies.

Suddenly a voice from outside "Don't worry there will be plenty of attention for me going around."

"He was probably following us by satellite" Gwen says in discomfort.

"Get them to safety, now" Peter orders.

Captain America picks up George Stacy in his arms while Natasha lifts Helen up and Gwen taking May in her arms while they move towards the back of the house. Meanwhile, Peter calmly walks outside to face Iron Man standing in the street.

"Hello son," Tony says, "Turn over that traitor and come live with me, all will be forgiven."

"If you want to get everybody else in this house you can over my dead body" Peter replies firmly.

"You're protecting a traitor?" Tony yells.

Instead of verbally responding Spiderman shoots a web into Tony's faceplate blinding him momentarily while webbing to a nearby lamp post swings over, and kicks Iron Man in his chest. The impact sends Iron Man flying back across the street into a fence. Ripping off Peter's webbing Tony gets up with firing blasts from his gloves which Spiderman twists and turns out of their path.

"Friday begin spider-sense block," Tony says.

"Beginning protocol boss" Friday replies.

A device inside the suit begins emitting a sound wave causing Peter to drop his web and clutch his ears in pain as his very spider-sense is turned into a weapon. Iron Man makes his way over punching Spiderman in his chest bruising his ribs causing him to cry painfully. Fed up with Peter not giving him the respect he deserves after everything he's done to help the kid, Iron Man begins a quick folly of blows to Spiderman's chest, kicks him backward, and fires a repulsor blast right into his upper body. Peter yells as some of his suit and mask get burned off leaving red flesh.

"You know if you just became my son then none of this would happen. Your girlfriend and aunt would be safe right now. Only if you just accepted my suit and became the next Iron Man" Tony growls.

Going to throw another punch only Peter fighting through the agony manages to reach up stopping Tony's fist in his hand.

"I am not Iron Boy. I am. Spider-Man! You're about to find out why" Spiderman growls.

Climbing to his feet Peter punches Tony Stark hard enough to send him flying back into the ground breaking various ribs, and managed to focus his spider-sense just enough to locate where the device, to disable his sixth sense, is built into Iron Man's armor destroying it.

Wiping the blood from his mouth Spiderman marches towards Iron Man who fires off more blasts from his gloves only for Peter to causally dodge his attacks. Rapidly Tony gets to his feet with intending to blast into the sky only Peter webbing his knees pulls Iron Man back to the pavement with a hard yank, and knows for sure has dislocated, if not broke, both of Tony's knees.

Frankly, Peter doesn't care much, this isn't some comic book or cartoon where you just hit bad guys with no bruises. Like sure he can touch people without leaving a mark, but a hug is a lot different than a fistfight when attempting to stay alive.

By the time Iron Man manages to move his arms it's already too late as Spiderman's reached down ripping out the rector powering his whole suit, then the gloves and helmet just because he can. Looking at the emotionless eyes of Peter's mask staring back Tony Stark gulps in immense fear.

"You decided ticking off two people who can easily lift fire trucks is a great idea? Despite all your claimed genius, you're a brainless forty-year-old man child. Like big deal you invented a suit in a cave, you came back wanting to quit making weapons only you remain a merchant of death. You used an Iron Man suit to shoot at innocents during a party while intoxicated, created Ultron a robot who nearly wiped out the entire earth and everything from The Raft to now" Peter says viciously.

"You going to kill me?" Tony asks whispering.

"No, but I have the feeling Captain America and Black Widow didn't come back to let you just run around without a plan," Peter says, "I'm not sure what it is, only have the feeling you're finished."

"Oh, great the ever-perfect Rogers, I've always hated him for as long as I've lived. My father never shut up about the garbage bin, I wish they left him on ice" Tony says spitefully.

"People could say the same on wishing they left you in the desert" Peter replies icily.

Before Tony can offer another response Spiderman punches him in the face hard enough to knock him unconscious with breaking his nose, and jaw. Effortlessly carrying Stark who weighs nothing over to the turned-over vehicle Peter webs Iron Man up. Hearing familiar footsteps Peter sees Gwen hop down off the roof of his house with walking over.

"Are they?" Peter asks nervously.

"Safe, Captain and Widow are getting them to the hospital as we speak" Gwen replies.

"Good," Peter says.

Reaching up to gently touch Peter's side who winces Gwen retracts her hand with looking at her boyfriend compassionately. Only Peter gently takes Gwen's hand caringly.

"Your hurt," Gwen says, "I'd say we both need medical attention."

"We do, let's get inside the house then head to the hospital" Peter replies.

Peter and Gwen walk into the house with heading down the hall and taking the stairwell into a bedroom. Once inside Peter and Gwen striping their tops off pull out a chest from underneath his bed containing medical supplies to treat their wounds.

Meanwhile on the street outside another van with a tow truck pulls up being led by Nick Fury, Phil Coulson with other SHIELD agents who Ross along with Stark into one van. While the tow truck pulls away the damaged van.


Later at New York-Presbyterian Queens Hospital following nightfall.

Quietly Peter wearing baggy pants, sneakers and a grey hoodie opens the door to his aunt's room stepping inside. Laying on the bed is May in a hospital gown hooked up to an IV while in a nearby chair sits Steve Rogers wearing normal clothes. Shutting the door Peter knows Gwen has gone to check in on her parents the next room over as they are being watched by the Black Widow.

"Hey Brooklyn," Peter says.

Looking up "Hey Queens. Phil called saying… you, okay?" Steve inquires seeing some burn marks on the teenager's face.

"I heal quick remember? I've healed from broken bones in two days or less. The spider that Dr. Conner was working on specialized in regenerative DNA anyway. Might not be Wolverine healing but better than most" Peter says.

Nodding "Yeah I heal kind of the same. Phil informed us they arrested Tony and Ross on grounds of treason, attempted kidnapping, etc. Given Ross was declared a terrorist for an arrest warrant by President Baxter and Tony worked with him that removed any protection the UN gave" Steve says.

Lightly shuttering "It's rather scary to think the UN is perfectly fine with the Accords for how much they violate human rights and let dirtbags imprison, torture or kill innocents without consequences. Same reason I do not have social media accounts, too easy for those in power to find out your whole life" Peter says then looking over his aunt "How is she?"

"The doctors got the bullets out of the Stacy's and her with no issue. Right now, just resting, although I think the Stacy's are awake" Steve says.

"Yeah, they were when I briefly poked my head in. Thank you and Natasha" Peter replies.

"Don't mention it, kid, this is what we do. I will say pretty brave of taking on Tony Stark by yourself" Steve says.

"Eh, I've beat down Vulture with his crew a few years back, and had to take on Dr. Conners becoming a Lizard. Sparky the man child doesn't even compare" Peter says shrugging "Tony may have been a hero, but you Cap was or rather are my ultimate hero. Not because of your powers, rather your heart. You just wanted to do what was right and never gave up."

"Thanks, but uh I'm just some guy from Brooklyn," Steve says sheepishly.

"And I'm just some kid from Queens, I'd say we are about even" Peter replies grinning.

Nodding Steve has a smile on his lips as well while Peter walks over sitting in a nearby chair while the two quietly talk, before Peter eventually falls asleep.


Few days later in the Parker House

Peter wearing a white T-shirt with a Star Wars title on it and sweatpants is sitting at his computer desk in his bedroom.

On the screen is various information of news sources about the arrest of Stark and Ross who various news people are trying to defend. Because the people who were outraged over the Accords came from the people on the streets, not those in news sources outside of a few.

Clicking on a different tab Peter pulls up a page for the Daily Bugle with clicking on the video of JJ Jamerson, a man wearing a suit and tie with white hair, and a mustache starting to speak:

"The arrest and trial of Tony Stark alongside former Sectary Ross who I've never liked as you all know. Both of these men are not heroes but menaces to society everywhere. Just a few days ago they attacked an innocent family in Queens with intent to kidnap them including Captain Stacy! Massive hypocrites who abuse power for their own gain like most people in power! Stark's fiancé Pepper Potts and best friend James Rhodes are under investigation for being so close to the man over the years.

Stark's company has been under massive problems with the arrest of its CEO. Various board members have started selling stocks off, one company owned by Norman Osborn has bought stake no doubt to increase his company more than ever. Given I trust Osborn as far as Stark I do not foresee good things in the future.

Thank goodness for heroes such as Spiderman, Captain America, and other Avengers who fought despite the Accords. A bill that violates people's basic human rights. Of course, the Spider duo could have not torn a unit off my roof or the property damage preventing a bank robbery yesterday. Who's going to pay for all this? Taxpayer dollars are not cheap!

Meanwhile, the lunatic Hobgoblin otherwise known as Ned Leeds, who didn't get hugged enough as a kid, is once more in custody" only Peter ends it.

Letting out a sigh Peter hearing his girlfriend enter with shutting the door.

"I didn't see your aunt, she off at the FEAST center?" Gwen asks.

"Yeah, she is, didn't bother taking much of a rest" Peter replies.

"Neither did my parents and they complain about us, well we just follow their example" Gwen notes "Oh did Jamerson like that photo of Captain America and Spiderman saving those people from that trapped car?"

"Yeah, he did, I got a freelance job which works fine for me," Peter says.

"Well, you ever decide to take me up on my offer?" Gwen asks.

Frowning in confusion Peter turns around to ask his girlfriend what she means only to see Gwen a few feet away having stripped down leaving her body completely nude. Peter's mouth runs a bit dry while looking up and down enjoying the few of Gwen's body on display. Due to their powers both Gwen's and his body is fully healed leaving no trace of any damage.

"Well, I think I can create a private collection," Peter says smirking.

Standing up Peter strips out of his shirt and pants tossing them aside while Gwen looks at her boyfriend in appreciation. Licking her lips Gwen enjoys the sight of Peter naked.

As they step into each other Peter captures Gwen’s lips in a kiss feverishly. Wrapping her arms around his neck Gwen has a small moan while Peter runs his hands from Gwen’s breasts down her body. Breaking off Peter kisses on her chest while Gwen’s laugher quickly turns into gasping as she leads him backward resulting in them falling onto the bed.

Grinning they look at each other for a few moments, nothing but love in their eyes. Knowing that maybe society will tell them are hormonal teenagers with no understanding of what the concept is, but neither care. Peter and Gwen know deep down love is not something that can be spoken easily sometimes, but it is also undeniable no matter the age.

"I love you," Peter says warmly "My bug girl."

"Love you too" Gwen replies "Bug boy."

They kiss with Gwen running her hands down Peter's muscular chest while Peter moves his hands cupping her backside.


Later that night in New York

On the Empire State Building's roof is where Spiderman and Spiderwoman are perched from attaching on arm and leg to either side of the pole at the top looking out over the vastness of the city. Their city.

In the distance due to their enhanced hearing, they can pick up the sounds of cries as a young girl is being hit by her mother, and another fire engines roar to life to driving down the city streets. Instantly both Spiders launch themselves off with firing out webs which upon making contact they are making their way through the city's streets.


Hope you all enjoyed this chapter and story with leave a review letting me know what you think if you want.

May, George, and Helen all taking down some mercs with various weapons was a scene I had planned from the start.

Partially a nod towards how in both Rami and The Amazing Spider Man films we see normal New Yorkers stepping up to make a difference. Frankly, I think the best moment is in TAS film where all those crane workers help Spiderman get to Oscorp Tower.

Like I set up last chapter I always intended for Tony Stark's fall making way to Norman Osborn who begins setting the groundwork as one of Peter's greatest enemies. And considered Norman buys parts of Stark's company to expand his was fitting.

I can't even begin to describe how satisfying it is, or well just go look at the MCU, all the IronDad fan fics existing to prop Tony, then come read Peter rejecting Iron Boy status while kicking Tony's backside.

Another thing is if the MCU truly wanted to not do another Ben Parker death story and given how out there Elseworld they have Peter regardless, why not have Peter as Spiderman with Ben remains alive? Like Ben still got shot but maybe it's not lethal this time around.

Frankly, an alive Ben story being told correctly and focused on Peter's family, I think would not have left such a sour taste in the Spiderman fan's mouths.

Oh, wait... Jon Watts, Kevin Feige, and the others at MCU can't do the over galore focus on stuffing RDJ in there if they went that route.

Regarding Peter being a fan of Steve well in the comics Peter does join Steve's side after discovering Tony's less than noble actions, and is a Captain America fanboy. Even in the old Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes show Peter looks up to Steve.

Maybe if the MCU didn't become an RDJ centered universe we could have had Peter interacting with Steve more.

JK Simmons is who I am using for playing Jay Jonah Jamerson since the man is perfect ins his role. Having even become the voice of JJJ in various cartoons ever since Rami's Spider Man films and returning in the MCU itself. One of the few things the MCU has done right involving Spider-Man.

Until next time.

Series this work belongs to: