Actions

Work Header

How to become part of the Dupain-Cheng family

Summary:

With the league destroyed the kwamis move Marie to a safer location. Paris.

Work Text:

Marie looked around frantically, making sure the last two Al-Ghuls made it out safely.

 

Without thinking Marie shoved Talia and Damian through the doorway right before it collapsed.

 

With the collapse of the doorway came the collapse of the whole room.

 

Marie quickly covered her mouth, nose, and eyes with the fabric of her clothing so she wouldn’t accidentally inhale too much debris as she avoided the falling pieces of the building.

 

‘It is time for you to leave this place, Mistress.’ Marie heard one of the kwamis, Kaalki, call out as a portal opened.

 

Marie didn't waste a single moment as she quickly dives through the portal and ends up rolling on a padded floor.

 

Marie quickly got up from where she had rolled on the floor. She looked around her new location, scanning for anything or anyone that could potentially be a threat.

 

Marie was quickly met with the eyes of a shocked girl who was maybe in her teens, an elderly man who looked to be older than Ra’s even though he probably was not, and sixteen of the nineteen kwamis.

 

The elderly man and the girl seemed to be in shock while the kwamis darted forward, quickly checking over her injuries.

 

“You gave us quite the scare kit! Next time could ya not?” Trixx purposed as they gave her a small nuzzle to her cheek.

 

Marie simply nodded her head since there was more than just the kwamis present she didn’t want to talk.

 

“Oh… look at you! You’re all scraped up! My poor pup…. Master, you have to clean up her injuries!” Mullo begged as they cooed over Marie.

 

Mullo’s begging for the ‘Master's help caused the other kwamis to ask as well, much to the ‘Master's confusion.

 

The ‘Master left the room in almost a trance-like state, most likely caused by his shock, and came back with a medical kit.

 

The ‘Master’ patted the spot in front of him and slowly began to clean her wounds, the girl still staring at her in shock.

 

“How? What? Who? Tikki?” The girl began to shoot off rapid-fire questions, but the kwamis didn’t answer any of them.

 

The kwamis just continued to fuss over Marie and her wounds as they ignored the others in the room.

 

Once Marie’s wounds had been treated the ‘Master’ looked her over before leaving the room once again, this time returning with tea and three cups.

 

“It seems you are acquainted with the kwamis?” The ‘master’ states more than asked, but Marie nodded her head anyway.

 

“Do you have a name?” The ‘master questioned.

 

Marie obviously didn't answer, instead, she looked to the kwamis.

 

“Master… This is Earth’s last priestess.” Fluff claims.

 

“A priestess? Are you citrine?” The ‘Master questioned in a mix of shock and awe.

 

“Yup! And she’s a high priestess at that! How lucky are we!” Ziggy informs them with a giggle as she nuzzles Marie’s cheek.

 

The girl simply blinked a few times before beginning another round of questions, “I’m… totally confused… What’s a priestess? Oh, actually are we talking about religious priestesses, as in the women who pray to god or gods? What about being a high priestess? What’s so weird or special about that?”

 

“Bridgette, calm down!” Tikki instructed with a giggle. “One question at a time. Why don’t you do introductions?”

 

“Oh, right, sorry, how rude of me! I’m Bridgette, Bridgette Dupain-Cheng.” The girl, Bridgette, introduced herself.

 

Marie nodded her head before looking to the ‘Master’.

 

“I am Wang Fu, current Grand Guardian for the miracle box.” The ‘master’, Wang Fu, greets with a bow.

 

Marie nodded her head before looking to the kwamis and pointing to herself.

 

"This is Marie-Anne Cain, she doesn't like to talk unless she absolutely has to," Stompp said, introducing the priestess to the young ladybug and the Grand Guardian.

 

Bridgette gave her a sympathetic look and a nod of her head.

 

"If you don't mind my asking, why the sudden appearance?" Wang Fu questions.

 

"This little hatchling home was just attacked and she will never be returning. Us kwamis simply took precautions as to not lose out Priestess and teleported her here." Longg explained.

 

Master Fu nodded his head in understanding.

 

"Where will you be staying now?" He asked.

 

Marie simply shrugged, unsure of what to do.

 

"Piglet here is still a baby as far as we are concerned, in your human years she is still legally a child or teenager. The little piglet needs to have a guardian for the next year or two." Dazzi informed them.

 

"You wish for me to look after the priestess?" Master Fu questioned.

 

The kwamis were silent for a few moments as they looked at each other.

 

"Not you exactly…. We wish for Marie to stay with the little bug." Roarr states.

 

"I'm sorry?!?!? What?!?!?" Bridgette called in a shocked panic.

 

"We thought it to be the best plan since Marie has the ability to use each of our abilities outside of transformation. She could help significantly with your excuses to leave, Akuma, amuks, and finding Nooroo and Dussu!" Tikki cheered, trying to calm her chosen.

 

"But… but… how am I supposed to explain…This!" Bridgette questions, waving her arms around frantically.

 

"You're my bug for a reason, Bridgette, I'm sure you can think of an excuse to fool them!" Tikki encourages her.

 

"I mean, it's not like it should be that hard, they fell for the obvious ticks of that liar," Trixx claimed casually.

 

Bridgette stiffed before forcing herself to relax with a defeated sigh.

 

"You know what? Sure. You can stay with me, Marie. As Trixx said, it won't be that hard to convince my parents of some kind of sob story as to why you should stay with us." Bridgette informed Marie with a small welcoming smile.

 

__________________

 

"Oh, you poor thing!" Sabine claimed as she reached to pull Marie into a hug only for Marie to flinch away, avoiding the contact.

 

Sabine seemed to notice her mistake and took a few steps back.

 

"Bridgette, honey, you should have told us before. We would have been far more understanding about your tardiness and class skipping." Tom claimed, placing a hand on his wife's shoulder.

 

"But I couldn't risk you going to the police! A good majority of them are corrupt! They would have easily sold Marie out!" Bridgette claimed.

 

Tom and Sabine shared a look before seeming to silently come to an agreement.

 

"Marie, sweetheart, would we be able to adopt you? I'm sure it would be much safer and easier to hide if you went under a false or new name." Sabine suggests.

 

Marie hesitated for a few moments, looking over to Bridgette nervously.

 

Slowly, Marie nodded her head l, agreeing to be adopted.

 

Tom and Sabine gave the two bluenette girls matching smiles before shooing them off to Bridgette's room so they can get cleaned up.

 

Once they were upstairs and the trapped door was closed, Marie gave Bridgette a sympathetic and concerned look before gesturing to the trapped door.

 

Bridgette let out a sigh before moving to her closet and taking out some clothing that she had made a while ago that would probably fit Marie.

 

That night, Marie-Anne Cain became Marinette Dupain-Cain, adopted older sister to Bridgette Dupain-Cheng .

Series this work belongs to: