Actions

Work Header

(Rigel is) Miraculous! Simply the Best!

Summary:

The Dominion Jewel is a concept of subjugation. The other kwamis are not a fan.
Harry is not a fan of Paris' lack of Potions. Marinette needs to get some sleep.
Alix is just along for the ride.

Notes:

Uhh, yeah, so you both had mlb au/crossover requests. enjoy?

Chapter 1: The Burrow

Chapter Text

 

 

Pain and darkness, a constant thirst. Rigel wasn’t sure she was going to make it. The Dominion Jewel was not going to let themselves be buried again so soon. With Rigel too weak to function, Dominion made her magic obey them, it was in her best interest after all. Strong-arming the annoyingly loyal magic into listening to them, Dominion accessed the reclaimed time-turner. With their control over the core, filtering it, an eighth Rigel wouldn’t die. Probably. Perhaps, divine intervention would come around to help them out. If not, Dominion could get them out with the core under their control, weak as it was.

Harriett Potter went back in time, and Dominion’s machinations paid off.

Temporal disturbances always had pissed her off to no end.

 

 

Bunnyx, a holder of temporal responsibility, was literally jarred out of her seat in the Burrow by the disturbance in the force she felt just now. What in the ever-loving name of Jalil has that overconfident hunk of corundum done now? The voice of Fluff resounded in her head. She’d open that can of worms later.

Hopping through a suddenly summoned portal, she landed in a small, wooded clearing. The dirt below her feet was fresh and the trees were towering and menacing. Shivering from the feel of many eyes watching her, she opened herself to the feeling of the disturbance: under the ground. She dug quickly, a mere echo of that force was approaching from somewhere off in the forest, and a stronger reverberation was three meters away, and two meters down from where she was digging. These forces could not be allowed to converge.

One last burst of digging opened to a shallow…grave. Grave was the most appropriate term, Bunnyx thought, if the small body lying there was any indication. Still, she had only ten seconds before a world ending event occurred. She scooped the child up, eight seconds left, jumped out of the grave, six seconds, threw a portal in front of her, five, willed her action of digging to un-do itself, two! and jumped back to her Burrow.

Bunnyx willed a bed into existence and settled the child upon it, taking the opportunity to take a closer look at her rescue. The child, for indeed it was a child, no more than twelve by the looks of them, had clearly been mistreated (as if finding a kid who was buried alive in some wood wasn’t enough to clue her in to some sort of villainy). Cuts and abrasions were visible all over their body and underneath the rips in their dirty and soiled clothes. Sunken eye sockets and cheekbones spoke of starvation, cracked and bleeding lips of dehydration. If that wasn’t bad enough, the vibes of that rock were rolling off the child in nauseating waves.

Alix separated from Fluff, and the nausea dissipated. Fluff hovered over to the child’s head and pressed against it, forehead to forehead. Alix let the kwami do faer thing, instead rummaging under her desk for a first aid kit. She started addressing the injuries she could reach without undressing the child. A warm washcloth to wipe the dirt and blood off their face. At least they were still breathing regularly, if a bit laboured. Alix wiped their hands, the fingers were bruised too, like the child had punched someone, and a burn on their left middle finger, possibly from a metal ring that had been heated and held there as another torture to be endured? The other fingers near it had burns as well, so it must’ve been a very hot metal.

Alix didn’t want to undress the child while they were unconscious, but with Fluff still doing faer thing, she wasn’t going to be able to use her timey-wimey powers to reverse the child’s physical state to before the torture. The abuse hadn’t been happening for more than a week or two, as far as she could tell. Consistent and long-standing abuse and starvation left different marks than were visible here.

She started with removing the obviously well-loved and well-worn boots. Then the robes they’d been wearing. The shirt and trousers were of a men’s fashion cut and style, (one thing of many she’d picked up from being friends with Mari), but the child was wearing a makeshift binder underneath.

Alix would stick with they/them pronouns for now and ask the child later. The binder wasn’t dangerously tight, so she was content to leave the child with some dignity. (Nath used to wear his binders too tight for too long, but this was more like a sports bra but extra, not that bad, Alix had done her fair share of wearing a sports bra for days on end when she’d been feeling most dysphoric) More scratches and abrasions, like a strong wind had run through the kid, soiled pants, (too weak to move?) but no other severe injuries visible. She’d have to ask Fluff to take a look for internal injuries.

Alix gently gave the child a sponge bath and redressed them in a pair of her sweats and a stolen hoodie from Jalil. The child might actually be older than twelve, as they were almost too tall for her pants, damn her short genetics.

She really didn’t want to disturb the kid further, but they were dangerously dehydrated, and Fluff still wasn’t done with whatever fae were doing. Alix set up a drip line, which had miraculously appeared, just to get some fluids into the kid.

With that set up, she wouldn’t have to change the drip bag for a few hours, she turned back to her post: watching for time anomalies.

Some time later (it did get hard to tell the passage of time in the Burrow, but the drip was half empty, so probably about two hours?) Fluff was finally done messing with the kid’s mind or whatever. Fae flew over to Alix, concern evident on faer face and exaggerated by the set of faer ears.

“I’m going to call a meeting with my kin, I know I don’t need to ask, but will you still watch over the child until my return?”

“Of course, Fluff. Do you know if they’ll wake up soon?”

“Yes, I’ve been keeping them asleep for now, so that I could search their mind easier, so once I leave, they’ll awake.”

“Alright, see you later. Give Mari and Tikki my best.”

Fluff saluted and disappeared in a burst of light blue sparkles, the dramatic shit. The child immediately started shifting around. Alix watches as they kept their eyes closed while their breathing subtly changed.

Alix could feel their growing panic. “Hey kiddo, I’m Alix. The tube thingy in your arm is a drip line to help with rehydrating your body. I gave you a sponge bath and put you in fresh clothes. I found you buried alive.”

The child opened their eyes to stare at her. Their tired grey eyes took in her pink hair and strange pyjamas, (so what if she enjoyed having a reminder of Mari’s ‘Pyjama Girl’ incident to sleep in? It wasn’t that weird), the screens behind her, and the drip line that was indeed in their arm.

“Where, where am I?” Their voice cracked. Alix handed over a glass of water. The child eyed her and the suddenly proffered glass suspiciously before accepting it after a moment. She waited, brow raised, until they took a sip, a pause and swallowed.

“You’re in a place called the Burrow—”

“This looks nothing like the Weasley’s home.”

“That would be because I’m not done explaining kid,” The kid’s face was an embarrassed blank, so Alix continued. “This Burrow is a place removed from the regular time stream, I’ve brought you here to prevent a potential world ending event and collapse of a space-time continuum.”

The kid frowned, “Do you work for the Ministry then?” They sighed, “I thought that I’d prevented an incident my masking my core, but I should’ve known it wouldn’t work with me.” They brought up their left arm part way before remembering the drip line attached to it and abandoned the motion.  “How much trouble am I in for time-turner abuse?”

“With me? None. I don’t work for any Ministry, hell, I’m not even part of your timeline, dimension, universe, whatever, yet. I’m born in the year 2000 CE on Earth, I pulled you out of 1994 CE.”

“What?”

“Yeah, I’m like a mega important time jumper and preventer of disastrous temporal incidents and accidents or whatever. And I’m not even constrained to my original timeline or dimension.”

“How’d you manage that?”

“I made a deal with a god, of sorts.”

“Which one?”

“Oh, a god-esque concept of time, specifically where time brings about evolution, but we’ve both agreed that faer current known moniker is insanely stupid, even if fae do currently resemble a rabbit.”

“I’m almost scared to ask,”

“I won’t make you. It’s Fluff, which is the worst name I’ve ever heard a thing named, not least the literal embodiment of the concept of time.”

“Wow…that’s…really bad.”

“It really is. But it is what it is, as they say, whoever they are. What’s yours?”

“My name?”

“Dur, and I’d also like to ask after your pronouns. As I said before, I’m Alix. I use she/her pronouns, but they/them work too. When I was, oh about fourteen until about twenty-three,” she tilted her hand to estimate. “I used they/them exclusively. I’m still non-binary, but I use feminine pronouns most of the time nowadays.” Alix leaned forward to rest her elbows on her knees. She noticed the kid eyeing her full tattoo sleeves.

“Just so you know, I won’t like, y’know, judge you if your assigned birth gender and name aren’t who you are.”

“Oh, thank you, I guess?” They went contemplative for a moment. “And you really don’t work for the British Ministry of Magic?”

“Nope.” She said, popping the p. “I’m not even British. I’m French. The Burrow just has a handy automatic translation feature, kinda like the TARDIS now that I think about it, hmmm I should talk to Fluff about changing my umbrella to a sonic screwdriver…. But yeah! I’m speaking French! I’m assuming you’re speaking the Queen’s English?”

“Oh, um, yes? So like, it’s not that I don’t believe you or anything, but um, what do you know about me? Did you fully undress me?”

“Ah, yeah. As I said, I gave you a sponge bath, cleaned and dressed your wounds, I did have to change your pants, I didn’t want to have you sit in your own feces for any longer, but I’ve left your binder untouched, but I will remind you that you shouldn’t leave that on for more than eight hours consecutively in the future, cause it can cause lung and circulation problems. But other than the poor physical state I found you in? and your involvement in a temporal anomaly? I know nothing kid. I’m just here to keep timelines from collapsing.”

The kid affected a thoughtful frown.

“Listen, I’ll just keep calling you Kid, and use they/them pronouns until you’re comfortable enough with sharing with me, if you’ve got not protests to that.”

The kid nodded in assent. Alix slapped her hands to her thighs and stood. “Cool, that’s settled. Think you can stomach eating something light and easy? I’m not sure what, if any, internal injuries you’ve got, but maybe you could have some broth? Oh! any food restrictions or allergies? Always gotta ask that, y’know? Never know who eats Kosher or will die from chocolate with blueberries in it, or whatever.”

“Oh, um, I’m a vegetarian, and no known allergies. Some broth sounds lovely.”

“Cool, d’you mind if it’s chicken or vegetable broth?

“Chicken broth is fine, I’m not too picky, just don’t like eating meat.”

 

Fluff eventually returned in another burst of sparkles with Tikki in faer wake. Finally! A real medical professional was in the house, er, Burrow.

Kid was certainly surprised by their sudden arrival, but with Alix filling the hours with a brief look at the Miraculous and Kwamis, they weren’t shocked by their appearances.

Alix gave them both a nod; returned and received in return.

Tikki flew right up into Kid’s face “Hello, Child of Magic’s Blessing! I’m Tikki, concept of Creation and harbinger of Luck. I’d like to take a look at your insides, just to check for any injuries—”

“Or you could just ask me.”

“Oh? Do you know what’s wrong?” She said non-condescendingly.

“I do have basic Healer training, but my gut is all messed up because I’ve spent the last week subsisting off unwashed Potions ingredients and what ever non-toxic potions I had on hand.”

“Oh! That’s wonderful! Then mind if I just do a little bit of—" Tikki tapped Kid on the forehead and took on a look of concentration.

Just a few moments of Tikki working her magic had Kid looking worlds better.

“I’m just restoring your basic human physiology, so those recent abrasions and your gut are all fixed up, but I’m afraid you’ll still have to put in the work of building your strength and appetite back up the usual way. I’m not sure how your magic would react if I do much more,”

“Thank you,” Kid said sincerely.

“Now, may I please be allowed into your mind to speak with the entity there?”

Fluff chose to pipe up. “Oh yeah, sorry about breaking into your mind, I really needed to get in there and talk to that entity and you needed to be asleep.”

“Okay sure,”

 

Dominion was pleased somewhat. Harriett would be alright now, but the divine intervention decided they needed to yell at Dominion for saving a life by potentially risking a timeline collapse. And that was just the Time concept. Time brought back a Creation concept, and she was objectively worse, mainly because Harriett let her in, and Dominion couldn’t keep kicking her out like they did with Time.

“DOMINION!” Damn it all.

 

Marinette was worried when Tikki left with Fluff and hadn’t returned after three hours. She couldn’t just sleep with out knowing when her kwami would return. What if another akuma attacked? Papillion had really started ramping up the nighttime akumas in recent weeks.

Marinette had almost finished her yarn ball (nervous knitting) when Tikki returned in a burst of pink sparkles. They gave each other a quick hug before Tikki said, “I’d like if you’d be come to the Burrow for just a moment? There’s been a development, but nothing bad for you, just something Alix would like your opinion on, as Guardian.”

“Of course,”

She decided not to change out of her pyjamas, Alix had seen them before, and Marinette figured it’d be a quick chat and then off to bed. Stepping through the sudden portal, Marinette was met with the sight of elder-Alix playing nurse. A drip line she was removing from a teen’s arm laying in a bed that wasn’t a usual Burrow feature.

Marinette was immediately worried, another person in the Burrow was never a good sign.

“Oh hey, thanks for coming. This is Kid, they/them. An accidental time anomaly because they’ve got a Dominion concept stuck in their mind. Kid, meet the Guardian,”

Said Kid gave Marinette a little wave. “Hello,”

“Cool, cool, that’s introductions,” Alix clapped her hands. “Now for the fun stuff. Mari, I think Kid can help find Papillion.”

WHAT??

 

“Just so I get this all straight, you can help us with finding Papillion, if you can get this Dominion concept to work with us, by following the conceptual-slash-magical-bullshit resonance and sus out where Papillion is hiding. Right?” Alix, Kid, and the kwamis all nodded. Marinette continued.

“Once we defeat Papillion, the kwamis will help fix your timeline issue and return you to your own dimension, and even grant you a boon if you help. If you don’t or can’t help, they’ll still sort out your issue, but Paris and Papillion take precedence at the moment unfortunately. So you’d have to wait here in the Burrow for me to fix that mess first, which has already taken us three years, and we’re not even close to finishing it yet.” Marinette finished.

“Yeah sure, why not?”

“Really?” Marinette didn’t want to get her hopes up, but if Kid really could help…

“I hate sitting around doing nothing,”

“You’ll have to learn French,” She didn’t want to dissuade them, but they needed to think through a commitment this size thoroughly.

“That’s cool, I’ve been meaning to get fluent.”

“This isn’t something you can easily back out of, once you accept.”

“I’m not known for half-assing anything.”

“You’ll be living with me and my parents, in a small apartment.”

“That’s fine, I’ve lived with roommates.”

“Okay, um,” Well. That was easy enough, but how to get her parents to agree… “Tikki, think we can spin this into an exchange student situation?”

“Yes! I’ll get started on the paperwork; you ask your parents.” She flew around Kid’s head a few times in excitement. It was hard for Marinette to not get excited too! Finally, something to help tip the Balance in her favour.

“I know they’re going to agree, Kid. It’s just a formality at this point, y’know?”

“Er, sure?”

“Well, I need sleep. See you in a week or so, I guess, get healthy!”