Actions

Work Header

Bourbon Beef

Summary:

Moray shook their head with a small chuckle as they walked over to Muriel, opening their mouth to speak only to be cut off by a loud shriek from further along the beach,”HEY! What do you think you’re doing you stupid bird!!!”

Moray blinked and looked over their shoulder,”Is…Is Lucio fighting a seagull?” They sighed and patted their boyfriend’s shoulders,”I’m gonna go make sure that dumbass doesn't lose the other arm…You gonna be ok without me?”

Muriel nodded with a soft smile,”Be careful.”

“Ohhh, now this is gonna be fun to watch.”

The apprentice magician sighed before laughing softly,”And I gotta make sure Asra watches from a safe distance,” they shook their head, planting a quick kiss on Muriel’s cheek before running off to go check on Lucio and their fellow magician-leaving the giant of a man standing there in his flustered surprise,”Have fun!”

Notes:

Welcome to I get drawn into yet another fandom✨
Have a rewrite of part of the beach event but with my oc/mc Moray :)
This ended up much longer than i thought it would ngl

Work Text:

“Take that!” Portia grinned brightly, fist bumping the air with a triumphant laugh.

Moray leaned back against the pile of towels, carefully pinning their hair back with clips they brought as Nadia sipped her cocktail from her spot beside them. She chuckled before shaking her head and speaking with a hum,”My, my, You look tired, Lucio. Do you need some water?”

Lucio rose to his feet with a loud, dramatic huff-shaking sand from his cape,”This is far from over!!”

Moray shook their head, falling back against the pile they were using as a pillow-using their hand to shield their face from the sun as the loud game carried on.

“Come on, it's your serve!” They could almost hear the wink Portia gave.

The fellow magician on the towel laid out on their other side let out a tired groan. Asra shifted, stretching and slowly raising his head as he fought sleep and woke from his nap,”mmmmwhad I miss? Who’s winning?”

Nadia chuckled and took another sip from her glass with an amused smile,”Portia is.”

He pulled himself to sit up properly on the towel, smug grin finding its way on his face as Faust slithered her way around his shoulders,”What a shocker.”

Moray closed their eyes with a knowing smirk,”You don’t say.”

A shadow slowly covered the sun from reaching their skin, causing them to move their arms from their face and open their eyes-greeted to the sight of Muriel standing behind them silently. The Selkie smiled, letting their arms fall to their chest as they looked up at the towering man.

“Ah, Muriel. Pleasure you could join us,” Nadia leaned forward a bit as she sat on her towel, looking up at Muriel with a warm smile.

The black haired man simply sighed and closed his eyes, speaking softly-as if purely out of obligation,”...crab.”

His partner blinked in confusion, tilting their head against the towel,”Crab?”

Muriel nodded, pointing down slightly at the bright red crab darting against the sand between his feet and Moray’s head. Faust beamed from her spot curled up on Asra,” Friend!!

A small smile slowly crept onto Muriel’s face, nodding softly at the snake's description of the creature. Moray stared at him silently before beaming brightly up at him,”You have a cute smile.”

The man's eyes widened, face instantly turning a brighter shade of red than the crab in the sand-much to the amusement of the three in the sand-,”Wh-I-What?!”

Another loud whoop interrupted Moray before the dark haired magician could respond-successfully grabbing the groups attention,”Set aaaand match!” 

Portia laughed brightly, hopping up and down energetically. Asra shifted, sitting cross legged on the towel-letting Faust slither down and curl up in his lap-,”What was the score?”

The redhead walked over to grab her own glass that had been set to the side,”Fifteen to zero!”

Moray burst out laughing, forearms over their face as Muriel sat down behind them with a chuckle-letting a small hermit crab climb onto his leg.

“Ugh!! Who cares who won?!” Lucio let out an undignified grunt, shaking a mess of sand from his blond hair with a groan.

Portia rolled her eyes, swishing her drink,”Uh, you do. Considering you challenged me ,” she smirked playfully, using her freehand to make air quotes in the air,”Mr. ‘Undefeated Beach Volleyball King Lucio’,” she giggled and sat down on the sand with the rest of the group, adjusting her hat,”Guess that makes me the new Queen!”

Lucio’s face turned a bright red as Portia confidently sipped from her drink. The count avoided eye contact with everyone as he flung his cape for a dramatic effect and walked off further down the beach,”Whatever! I have better things to do than play some stupid game anyways! Like…uh…” he hesitated, glancing around before spotting the grill set up and darting away,”Like being the Undefeated Barbecue King!”

“Oooohhh~ I gotta see that,” Asra’s eyes shimmered with mischief, scooping up Faust and letting her get comfortable around his arm as he stood up with a grin.

Muriel sighed and let his hood cover most of his face,”I don’t.”

Asra patted his shoulder with a hum, lips curling into his signature playful smile,”Why don’t you go to the tidepools instead?” He narrowed his eyes as his grin grew,”Just try not to get attacked by pirates?”

Moray hoisted themselves into sitting up, raising a brow with a smile,”Pirates?”

Faust stuck her tongue out playfully,” PIRATESSS!

“Pirates?” Nadia chuckled and finished her drink, taking Portia’s hand and letting the red headed girl pull her to her feet,”Now, Now, We can’t have that. Don’t worry, I’ll look after him. I think I’d quite like to meet some of the tidepool’s residents myself.”

Muriel hesitated before sighing and smiling,”Okay…” He looked over at Moray, smile warming,”You too, if you want.”

The Selkie shakily stood up, adjusting their hair clips and dusting some sand from the thin fabric of their swimsuit,”Sounds nice-“

Before they could follow after their boyfriend, Julian came running after-stopping the group in their tracks,”Pasha! Asra!” The doctor waved at them from where he was rushing from the shoreline, the bottle in his hand practically glowing from the way the sun hit the glass,”Look what I found!”

Portia let go of Nadia’s hand to look over at her brother with wonder,”Is that a message in a bottle?!” She energetically ran over to him, taking the bottle in her hands,”No way!! I wonder if it's a treasure map?”

Moray shook their head with a small chuckle as they walked over to Muriel, opening their mouth to speak only to be cut off by a loud shriek from further along the beach,”HEY! What do you think you’re doing you stupid bird!!!”

Moray blinked and looked over their shoulder,”Is…Is Lucio fighting a seagull?” They sighed and patted their boyfriend’s shoulders,”I’m gonna go make sure that dumbass doesn't lose the other arm…You gonna be ok without me?”

Muriel nodded with a soft smile,”Be careful.”

“Ohhh, now this is gonna be fun to watch.”

The apprentice magician sighed before laughing softly,”And I gotta make sure Asra watches from a safe distance,” they shook their head, planting a quick kiss on Muriel’s cheek before running off to go check on Lucio and their fellow magician-leaving the giant of a man standing there in his flustered surprise,”Have fun!”


Lucio flailed wildly by the grilling area, a large seagull flapping aggressively around him as it tried to pull a mixing spoon from his prosthetic hand. He pouted angrily, letting out a loud screech rivaling the birds,” GIVE THAT BACK YOU HORRIBLE SKY RAT !!”

The bird let out an ear bleeding shriek, letting go of the spoon and flying upwards with an aggressive puff to its feathers. The blonde howled loudly in his victory, grinning like a madman,”HA! Nobody gets the better of me!!”

The seagull screeched as he celebrated, diving straight towards his face.

“ACK!!!”

Lucio flailed wildly, limbs thrashing and successfully forcing the two magicians to back up-but failing to get the birds talons away from his eyes. The blur of white and grey feathers screamed again, flying off with Lucio’s necklace locked firmly in its talons-leaving the counts face a mess of scars and feathers.

“Wha-What did-“ He screamed in anger, prompting a snort from Asra and an exhausted sigh-laugh from Moray,”MY NECKLACE!” He sputtered indignantly, aggressively gesturing with his hands as his hair fell messily out of place,”That-That was designer ! I had it custom made! CL! Count Lucio! One of a kind! And now-now that-THAT STUPID BIRDBRAIN HAS IT!!!”

Asra smirked, stifling his laugh as he leaned against Moray’s shoulder and whispered into their ear,”I don’t think the necklace’s situation has changed very much.”

Moray covered their laugh with their hand, shoving away the white haired enby as Lucio stopped on the ground with a frustrated pout,”WHATEVER! I can always get a new necklace, but right now-“ he shoved away a few spoons from the barbecue table,”I’m going to make the best barbecue you’ve ever seen!” 

The selkie shook their head, laughing as they leaned against the table,”This is going to be a disaster.”

“Mhm,” Asra smirked as Faust curled around his neck.

“Even if I have to deal with his sticky nonsense. Why does a roast need sticky nonsense?”

Asra rose a brow,”It’s a bourbon marinade. Don’t you enjoy alcohol and meat together?”

Lucio held up the assortment of ingredients with a childish pout of confusion,”Yeah, but why bother with all those other ingredients? We should just put the alcohol directly INTO the meat!”

Asra stared at him, holding the bottle of bourbon whiskey,”You mean you want to soak a roast in pure bourbon?”

“EXACTLY! See, you understand!” Lucio’s smirk grew.

Moray’s eyes widened, staring at the two in pure utter bewilderment,”Wh-That’s a terrible idea!”

Asra’s eyes sparkled, narrowing as his lips curled into a playful grin,”Oh, this should be good. Alright, give me that roast.” 

Even Faust slipped from Asra’s shoulders to Moray’s, the snake matching the selkie’s levels of horror as the magician and count torture the poor, innocent beef roast-the smell of alcohol flooding the area. By the end of it, the group is down at least 3 bottles of bourbon, with a perfectly cooked roast beef reeking of booze in Lucio’s hand.

The white haired magician hummed, smirking,”Alright, done~”

“YESSSS! Feast your eyes on the first ever bourbon beef!!”

Faust slithered down Moray’s arm as they stared in disgust at the meat, her tongue flicking out curiously to smell the roast. The snake instantly recoiled, scaled face scrunching up as she quickly hid against Moray’s shoulders. The dark haired apprentice backed up, scowling,”...Disgusting.”

Lucio gasped in offence, holding up the meat proudly,”Aw, c’mon! You haven’t even tried it yet!”

“I don’t need to.”

“Everyone will be wanting a piece of this!”

“Somehow I doubt that.”

Faust hissed from her spot,” YUCK!!!

“Don’t worry,” Asra hummed mischievously, hoisting himself up to sit on the table,”Even if no one lose wants to eat it, I bet land sharks would love it.”

Moray rose a brow, fingers gently stroking Faust’s scales,”Land…Sharks?”

“Sure. Haven’t I told you that story about when I got adopted by a pod of them in the Fennekh Desert? They’re like ordinary sharks, but they can swim through the ground as easily as water,” his smirk grew, as if enjoying this far more than he should be,”And they love eating meat. Especially meat with alcohol. Around this time of year, they’re even known to venture this far north…” 

Now he was just toying with Lucio. The blond rolled his eyes dramatically,”Pfffff! Stop messing around. Everyone knows land sharks don’t exist!”

Right as he spoke, a sharp movement cut through the sand-startling Moray enough to jump to sit on the table with Asra. A dolphin-like creature came leaping out of the sand, jaws closing around the bourbon beef with a loud snap . It’s teeth came dangerously close to Lucio’s fingers, pushing a loud, startled yelp from the blonde as it dove back under the sand-making a bee-line for the ocean at full speed.

Everyone sat there silently in shock for a good moment before Lucio shrieked and ran after the shark,”MY BOURBON BEEF!!”

“Uh oh-C’mon Moray,” Asra quickly grabbed his apprentice's wrist and darted after the angry count,”Who knows what kind of trouble he could get into?” His panicked face curled into a playful grin,”We should definitely be there to watch.”

Moray groaned, laughing as the two struggled to catch up to Lucio,”You’re a menace.”

“Mhm~”

Lucio jumped up and down along the shoreline, yelling out a string of swears and aggressively shaking his golden fist in frustration as the land shark headed rapidly out to sea,”COME BACK HERE WITH MY BOURBON BEEF! You can’t just steal my drink AND my dinner!!” He snarled and aggressively ran his hands through his hair,”AUUGH! How am I supposed to catch that shark?! You-“ He pointed at Moray,”You selkie’s can turn into seals right?! Go swim after it!!!”

The dark haired enby narrowed their eyes, giving him a look of pure disbelief and exhaustion.

“W-What-Why are you giving me that look?!”

“Do you see my skin with me?”

Before the frustrated blond could respond, Asra let out an annoyed sigh,”Lucio.”

“WHAT?!”

“There’s a raft right there.”

Lucio let out a dramatic, theatrical gasp and kicked the rickety wooden raft into the ocean-nearly leaping onto it,”HOLD ON BOURBON BEEF! I'M COMING TO SAVE YOU!” He spun around, almost stumbling as the raft lurched under his feet,”Are you two coming or not?!”

Moray hesitated, lips reeling back in a soft scowl,”Um…”

“Don’t be a square!” Lucio grinned and laughed, winking dramatically.

Asra nearly purred, grasping Moray’s hand and letting Faust slither back up to his shoulders,”C’mon, Moray, we gotta see how this ends.”

Moray hesitated once more before sighing and jumping onto the raft with their fellow magician-it shifting under their weight and splashing the trio.

Lucio beamed brightly, laughing,”Oh! Oh! Oh! This is gonna be great! The Undefeated Barbecue King Lucio and his court magicians, rescuing a bourbon beef from thieving land sharks!”

He started rowing as fast as he could, but despite all his efforts the shark was much quicker-nearly disappearing from sight. Lucio let out a childish gasp of disbelief,”It’s…It’s getting away?! Who said it could get away?! Moray! Asra! Can’t you hit it with magic to make it stop?”

Asra’s face became slightly more serious as he shook his head,”See, we could , but land sharks are critically endangered.”

“My BOURBON BEEF is critically endangered!”

No, Lucio.”

“MORAY!”

Moray shook their head in exasperation,”You’re on your own. I’m only here to make sure no one gets hurt.”

“BUT-“

Faust hissed from Asra’s shoulders,” No !”

Lucio huffed loudly,”Augh!!! Fine !!” He kept frantically paddling after it, but despite all his best efforts the fin kept shrinking into the distance,” Can’t This thing go any faster ?!?!”

Asra grinned,”Wait! I have an idea,” He raised his hands, eyes narrowing playfully as magic began to flow all around the group-brushing against Moray’s skin comfortingly. The water below them began to glow and shimmer, sparkling veins of ocean beginning to move as if it were alive-pushing the raft forward quickly,”Hang on tight!”

The water began to increasingly pick up speed, wind brushing against their faces and sending their hair flying back. Moray shifted with a bright smile, eyes alive with excitement as they laughed and brushed their fingers against the water.

Lucio shakily stood up despite the speed-as if he was the captain of a ship,”We’re gaining on it! WE’RE GAINING ON IT!!”

Asra laughed, holding onto the edge of the raft as the magic swam around them,”Get ready to grab that roast!”

Lucio reached out and grabbed the roast straight out of the jaws of the startled shark as they zipped past, the blonde laughing victoriously,”WOOHOOOOOO!! TAKE THAT, SUCKER!” He held up the roast beef with a triumphant howl of victory, sprouting more laughter from the two magicians.

“Three cheers for the bourbon beef!” Asra stood up to laugh and cheer with Lucio, slapping him on the back energetically. Moray shook their head with an exhausted, amused laugh before looking around-eyes quickly widening.

“Um-Guys”

Asra opened his eyes and looked down at the selkie,”Hm?”

“I can’t see the shore anymore.”

“What?” Lucio looked around in bewilderment,”What do you mean? It’s…Right…there-“

The laughter in Asra’s voice began to sink,”Oh…”

Moray recoiled, looking around,”Oh, indeed.”

Lucio avoided eye contact with everyone,”Well…this is…uh…this is bad-“

Asra slumped down to sit back down next to Moray,”I’ll say.”

The two looked at the clearly uncomfortable count in pure exhaustion as he sputtered in panic,”Hey! Why are you looking at me like that?!”

Asra’s eyes widened a bit,”Like what?”

“Like you think it's my fault we’re out here!”

The white haired enby hesitated, pausing,”I…don't think that.”

The pause was just long enough for Lucio to start fuming, ears burning bright red,”It’s not my fault! YOU were the one who did that magic water trick and sent us out here!”

“I wouldn’t have sent us out here if you hadn’t insisted on chasing the land shark.”

“Because SOMEone wouldn’t just blast it!”

“They’re endangered Lucio,” Asra rubbed the bridge of his nose in exhaustion,”Besides, they wouldn’t have bothered us if it weren’t for that bourbon beef. Everyone knows they love alcohol and meat.”

Lucio’s frustrated pout only grew,”And who gave me that bourbon beef?!”

“It was your idea!”

“IT WAS A GOOD IDEA-“

Moray groaned in exhaustion before spotting something out of the corner of their eye, startling and patting Asra’s arm to get his attention,”Ok ok enough fighting-I hate to interrupt but,” The two both stop mid sentence to look at the panicked selkie,”The land shark is back,” they gulped nervously,”And it brought friends.”

An entire swarm of dorsal fins surrounded Lucio’s side of the raft, far too many to count. The white haired magician hesiated, speaking softly,”...Well, this could be a problem.”

Moray bit their lip, the sealfolk scooting away from the swarm”You think?”

Lucio groaned,”Ugh! Go away! What’s your problem anyways?!” He huffed and walked his way to the other side of the raft-only for the hoard of fins to cut through the blue waves and follow him.

Asra sighed,”They’re after the bourbon beef. They’ll keep following you until they get it.”

“Well, they CAN’T HAVE IT!!!”

One of the sharks bumped against the raft, sending it rocking back and forth and splashing the trio with waves of salt water. Moray pouted before loudly huffing and standing up, grabbing the alcohol reeking meat from Lucio’s hand in frustration,”Just give them the stupid fucking roast!”

Lucio gasped loudly in offense, reaching out to try and grab the roast from the magician,”NEVER!”

Asra rose a brow, Faust tilting her head as he spoke,”Why not? There’s more bourbon and beef back at the grill? Unless you’re afraid you can’t make another without me.”

Scaredy-Goat!!! ” Faust perked up as Lucio gasped dramatically. 

“I can do anything you can do! Better even! You’ll see!”

Moray quickly took the distraction to fling the meat as far out to see as they can-leaving Lucio a whimpering, stuttering mess before he loudly huffed,”FINE! Take it, you stupid land sharks! There’s more where that came from!!!”

Within seconds, the sharks left nothing left of the beef-swimming away from the raft the moment they finished and leaving Lucio to fall to his knees in tears. Moray sighed and sat back down, fidgeting with their necklaces,”Well…Now what?”

Asra hesitated, sweating,”Now? Now we wait for rescue I suppose.”

A loud sniffle catches Moray’s attention-the apprentice glaring daggers into him before their frustration gave out into exhaustion and they let out a tired sigh,”Lucio?”

The blonde let out a loud, angry sob,”Nobody talk to me! I’m still mourning my Bourbon beef!” He closed his eyes, tears rolling down his face as he curled up in the corner of the raft with a whimper,”Gone too soon…” 

Asra sighed, gently tugging on Lucio’s beach towel-cape,”Well, if you don't mind, I’m just going to borrow this.” The count just sniffled pathetically and handed it over to the white haired magician. Asra shrugged and folded it into a pillow, stretching out on the raft,”And I’m going to take a nap. Try not to sink us with your tears, Lucio.”

Moray sighed as Asra dozed off, ignoring Lucio’s sniffles. They stared out into the ocean in exhaustion, carefully sliding their feet in. Faust wrapped around their arm, looking at them with bright eyes,” Love a water ?”

They blinked before beaming tiredly and nodding,”Yeah, I do.” Another loud sob drug another groan out of them, rolling their eyes and letting their feet swish against the shimmering water,”Sounds like a certain someone does as well.”

Push!!!!

That brought out a cheerful laugh from Moray, who shook their head tiredly,”Not right now, Faust,” They fell back, head and shoulders flopping onto Asra-receiving a soft oof from the sleeping enby. They let out a yawn and slowly closed their eyes, humming,”Maybe when we get back to the beach…”


A tight squeeze to their shoulder pulled them out of their dreams of home and Muriel. Moray groaned tiredly, shaking their head and ignoring the soft grunts from the sleep Asra they were using as a pillow. After another tight squeeze, they slowly opened their eyes to Faust’s silhouette against the setting sun. They groaned and slowly sat up, careful not to tilt the raft. Faust slid down their arm, pointing her nose out towards the horizon.

Moray blinked and used their hand to try and see further-shielding from the light of the setting sun. After a moment they shifted to gently shake Asra,”Asra! Lucio! Wake up!”

Asra groaned and opened his eyes, shifting to suit up,”Wha-“ he took a moment to blink sleep from his eyes and stretched as a sunburnt Lucio rolled over and snored loudly.

“Hoist the flag, boys...snrrrrrr…”

Moray groaned,”Lucio!”

“Snrrr…Pay up, old man…”

Asra smirked chaotically,”Let me.” He then proceeded to roughly poke the blonde right on his sunburnt shoulder.

Lucio let out a shriek, quickly sitting up and rocking the raft,”GAH-WHOZZERE?!?!”

The white haired magician hid a chuckle behind his hand,”Take it easy, it’s just us. Why’d you wake us up, Moray?”

Moray sighed and tilted their head up towards the horizon,”Look!”

They both look in the direction they gestured in, looking out towards the now dark sea, to see a speck on the horizon. 

Lucio sniffled, curling up again,”If it's not the bourbon beef, who cares?”

Moray groaned tiredly, shaking their head as the speck grew closer. Asra continued to watch it approach,”What is that?”

The dark haired enby hesitated before beaming brightly,”It’s a boat! Someone’s coming to rescue us!”

“WHAT?!?!” The Count suddenly perked up, quickly standing up and waving his hands,”It’s about time! HEY! OVER HERE!” He jumped up and down, holering and sending the raft rocking and splashing water all over the trio as a beautiful, sleek yacht approached their tiny source of land.

It doesn’t take long for the Selkie to spot some very familiar faces waving down at them from the deck. Mazelinka grinned,”Ahoy there, you sorry lot! Lost at sea, eh?”

Muriel’s eyes widened, staring down at his partner in pure disbelief and silent panic.

Nadia stared down at them, hand rested to her chest,”My, what an unexpected surprise.”

Lucio grinned, hair a soaking mess-still stuck with feathers and alcohol, body burnt and a painful bright red,”NODDY! I knew you’d come to save us!”

She sighed,”...Let’s just pretend that’s what we came out here for. What are you three doing out here? I thought you were barbecuing on the beach.”

“It’s a long story. Can we come aboard?” Asra laughed nervously as Moray tiredly groaned.

Nadia sighed out a soft chuckle, smiling,”Of course. We were just on our way back.”

The group very gratefully climbed aboard Nadia’s yacht, Moray instantly collapsing against a very flustered and panicked Muriel’s chest. He wasn’t sure what to say, so he just hid his blush with his hood and wrapped his partner up with his cloak-just holding them silently.


Asra sat down next to Muriel in front of the bonfire-the giant of a man sitting in the sand with Moray in his lap, showing off a collection of sea glass and seashells to his partner with a soft smile. Asra rested his hands on his knees, smiling warmly at his old friend,”You look happy, Muriel. Did you have fun?”

Muriel just closed his eyes with a soft smile and nod,”...Giant crab.”

Moray tiredly lifted a brow, tilting their head back against their boyfriend’s chest,”Giant crab?” 

Muriel only nodded as Julian came rushing over with an assortment of drinks, handing one to Moray before giving Asra a quick kiss and handing him his glass. Asra rolled his eyes and smiled smugly, taking a drink of the alcohol as the beyond sunburnt doctor darted off to greet the pirates further along the beach as if they were old friends,”You lot are looking good! Not missing anymore limbs or eyes than before, I see.” 

Portia leaned against her brothers shoulder, tilting her hat up and out of the way,”But what are you all doing here?”

Mazelinka laughed and grinned,”I may or may not have tried to board your Countess’ ship. I’ll explain later.”

Moray looked up at Muriel as they watched the chaos,”Wait is that true?”

Muriel nodded with a sigh, as he went back to showing off his seashell collection-Moray watching with intense focus as they sipped on their sweetened glass of alcohol. Asra hummed and took one to look at, showing it off to Faust as he explained the chaos of the day.

Mazelinka’s shout interrupted Asra mid sentence, the trio looking over at her,”Elka! Cita! What do you two think you’re doing?!”

The twins look up from their crate of moonshine, eyes wide like a pair of deer in the headlights as Lucio leaps onto the crate. The sunburnt blond held up a roast beef reeking of alcohol as proudly as can be,”Behold! Bourbon beef, Mark Two!!!”

Frustration from the day catching up to them, Moray let out a swarm of angry swears in an inhuman language-nearly getting up and storming off if it wasn’t for Muriel’s grasp on them-as Asra burst out laughing,”I can’t believe he actually made another one!”

Muriel looked at him in confusion and disgust,”Bourbon beef?”


By the end of the night, everyone sat curled up around the bonfire, enjoying roasted marshmallows and an assortment of fire grilled meats. Moray sat laid across Muriel’s lap, Faust contently wrapped around their shoulders as Asra and Julian sat next to them. Asra drunkenly rambled to the group about the day as an equally drunk Moray frustratedly helped-a tipsy Lucio gasping in offense in attempts to make himself sound better. Portia sat behind Nadia, braiding flowers and small seashells into her hair as they listened to the extravagant story of land sharks and being lost at sea told by the drunken trio. 

After a moment Julian grinned and whispered into Asra’s ear-receiving an excited gasp from his partner as he stood up with a confident grin,”And now, for the grand finale!” With a dramatic display, the red head flung a pinch of powder into the bonfire, the flames bursting out with sparks of green. The group let out gasps and awes as he grinned,”But wait! There’s more!”

With every pinch of powder he threw in, the flames shun with a beautiful assortment of color. Portia beamed as she rested her chin on Nadia’s shoulder,”Ooooh! Do blue ones next! Those are the coolest!”

Asra drunkenly gasped, fidgeting happily,”Purple Ilya do Purple!!”

Julian grinned and flung more powder into the fire, vivid displays of violet and sky blue dancing brightly among the flames. Moray laughed and clapped, looking up at the sky with a drunken hum-eyes fogged over as they ran through the chaos of the day.

“I’LL DO YOU ONE BETTER! WATCH THIS!” Lucio drunkenly stumbled up with a wild grin, taking a large chug of moonshine and tossing it into the flames before anyone could stop him. The two-now at least slightly sober-magicians quickly put up a barrier to protect everyone as a massive explosion lit up the night.