Actions

Work Header

baby cut the tension (im hung by a thread)

Summary:

“I mean Dream, did you have this custom made, why the hell is there a dream blob on this?”

Giggling through a response, Dream’s voice is light as he finally offers an explanation, “You said you wanted props for the stream, I-I thought you could use a costume!”

“In what- Dream in what world- in what universe could I wear a ‘Blow the Cook’ apron on stream to over a hundred thousand people?” He finally begins to laugh, the ridiculousness of the situation settling in as takes in the image displayed across his screen.

Notes:

happy middle of june everyone - i've had this sitting in my drafts since before the cooking stream, but i just finished it now so at least it's finally done

fic title is from fuck up the friendship by leah kate (a banger song btw definitely listen if you get the chance)

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Work Text:

“Dream what the hell is this?” Staring down at the offending piece of fabric laid out across his kitchen counter, George wonders if all of the stress has finally caused Dream to lose his mind.

He wants to be mad, wants to yell at Dream for being such an idiot, but as a booming laugh echoes through Discord followed by a long, familiar wheeze, he can’t help but grin, lips stretching as he stares down at the apron Dream had sent him.

“Like you are literally so dumb, what were you thinking?”

His fingers trace the bright splash of blue text splashed across the front of the fabric as he hears a series of bangs that can only be Dream slamming his desk as he continues to gasp for air. Realizing he wouldn’t hear a coherent sentence out of the other man for a while, he lifts the item off the counter within frame of the camera.

“I mean Dream, did you have this custom made, why the hell is there a dream blob on this?”

Giggling through a response, Dream’s voice is light as he finally offers an explanation, “You said you wanted props for the stream, I-I thought you could use a costume!”

“In what- Dream in what world- in what universe could I wear a ‘Blow the Cook’ apron on stream to over a hundred thousand people?” He finally begins to laugh, the ridiculousness of the situation settling in as takes in the image displayed across his screen.

He can see himself standing in his kitchen, the famous Dream hoodie swamping his frame in a way that makes him look particularly small, though he’d never admit that to Dream. The apron is held center frame and George can see the way his fingers are lightly grasping at the fabric as he brings it closer to the screen so Dream can see the disaster he’s created.

The cursive text on the white fabric is a similar shade of blue to his branding and the small outline of a dream blob is placed beside the word ‘cook’. He has to admit that it’s a bit hilarious, absolutely ridiculous of course, but the amount of effort Dream had to go through to get this to him makes it all the more funnier.

“So is that a no to wearing it on stream tomorrow?” Dream teases.

“Oh my god Dream, no I will not be wearing this on stream, I’d never hear the end of it, shut up.” George rolls his eyes, finally placing the apron down before settling against the counter.

“Oh come on now,” Dream’s voice is playful, “You at least have to try it on for me.”

Heat courses through George’s body, a blush rising to his cheeks as his eyes flicker down to where the apron is splayed across his counter. He thinks about how easy it would be to wear the apron over his hoodie, to present himself to Dream only to laugh the situation off, another meme between friends.

But his relationship with Dream has never been easy.

Dream’s voice is more hesitant now, “I-I mean you don’t have to, but-”

“No I’ll do it,” George quickly grabs the apron from the counter before hurrying out of the kitchen, voice a distant echo as he all but sprints to his room, “just give me a second, I have to uh- go to the bathroom.”

He can faintly hear Dream questioning his disappearance from the other room, but he doesn’t give himself time to linger in fear of backing down from his mission. In the safety of his bedroom he begins to quickly change into the apron, hesitating as his eyes catch on the open dresser drawer against the wall.

Reaching to pull the drawer out further, he figures if he’s already gone this far, he might as well go the distance.

 

George ,” Dream’s voice sends shivers down his spine, “what the hell are you wearing.”

“You said you wanted me to try on the apron.” Back in the kitchen, he plasters a cheeky grin across his face and tries not to let Dream see how nervous he feels. Butterflies pool in his stomach, but he stands tall, cocks a hip out and stares down the lens of his camera with a practiced confidence.

On full display, George knows Dream isn’t questioning what he’s wearing so much as the distinct lack of clothing he has on. Having stripped the rest of his outfit off earlier, he stands completely nude under the fluorescent lights of his kitchen with the exception of the apron and well-

“George.”

“Yes Dream?”

He hears the man take a deep breath before speaking again, “Are you wearing panties?”

Shifting his body so that his side can be seen within the frame, George glances down at the lacy black material strung across his hips before smirking back up at the camera, “Well it’s not like I was going to walk around naked Dream.”

“You know it’s actually pretty rude of you to send me this, when you’re not even here to do the job,” George’s voice is velvet as he smooths his hands down the fabric, “Am I supposed to somehow blow myself?”

Dream pauses, tension lingering in the air as he stutters out, “Is that something you can do?”

George’s laugh is sharp as it pierces through the room, “No, but I can think of other things I can do.”

Inching his hand closer to where he’s quickly hardening beneath silky lace, he’s about to press against himself before Dream cuts him off.

“Wait.”

Pausing with his hand settled against his lower stomach George wonders if he’s gone too far, if he’s read this all wrong, if he’s just majorly fucked up everything with his best friend. Before he can spiral further though, Dream speaks again, voice a deep rumble, “Don’t touch yourself yet. If you’re going to show me the apron, at least show it off properly George.”

He can see himself flush on camera, but he obeys Dream’s order, lets his hands fall as he slowly turns around, pausing when he hears Dream’s voice catch.

“Fuck George, you look so good in lace baby.”

A high whine works its way from his throat as he glances back at the call. He can see the way the lace highlights the curves of ass, black silk a stark contrast to the paleness of his skin. He wonders how things would be if Dream was here right now rather than thousands of miles away. Wonders what the man's hands would feel like ghosting across his skin, thinks of how his fingers would grasp at the flesh of his ass, grip strong as he worked his way under the lace towards where George needed him most.

“George, baby, keep going, you're not done yet.”

Continuing to turn, George finally faces the camera again, erection more prominent than before and he finds he’s desperate to get his hands on himself, to feel any sort of friction that might ease the tension building beneath his skin.

“Can I touch myself now,” George pleads, “Dream please I promise I’ll listen.”

He hears the sound of a zipper being undone before Dream finally puts him out of his misery, “Go ahead baby, you’re doing so well.”

Sighing in relief he palms himself through the apron, hand heavy as he ruts against the pressure. Sucking a breath in between gritted teeth, he can’t help himself from drawing his other hand up to his chest, delicate fingers slipping beneath the apron to pinch at his nipples.

A deep groan escapes Dream’s mouth and from the sound of rustling fabric, George knows he must be touching himself too.

He continues to seek pleasure from the friction, but he knows it won’t be enough, knows he won’t be satisfied til his hand is wrapped around his cock.

“D-Dream I need more, need-” George whines.

“Alright princess, relax, I need you to get your hand nice and wet for me okay?”

George’s eyes are glassy as he nods; lifting his hand to his mouth he takes care to lathe his tongue around each finger, soaking his hand before releasing his straining cock from beneath the cover of lace.

“God you’re so perfect baby,” Dream groans, “now I want you to stroke yourself slowly George, can you do that for me?”

Humming in agreement, George finally wraps his hand around himself, hissing as the wet warmth of his fingers finally makes contact. Keeping Dream’s instructions in mind he keeps his movements slow, allowing himself to feel every sensation as he fucks into his fist.

He allows his mind to wander as he imagines how Dream’s hand would engulf his cock, how his lengthy fingers would trace the veins and play with his head ‘til he was a stuttering wreck. His hips jerk and the moan that leaves his mouth is nothing short of wanton. Listening as Dream strokes himself, George tries to match his pace to the one he’s set, thinks he can almost pretend they’re together.

“Wish you could be here, fuck, Dream wish it was you - I wish it was your mouth wrapped around me,” he pants.

Dream curses. “I’d treat you so well baby. S-suck you down to the base til I felt your head hit the back of my throat.”

George keens, the sound breathy and high as it spills from his mouth.

“You like that idea Georgie? D’you wanna fuck my throat ‘cause I’d let you, let you use me til you got off and then I’d clean you up, keep you nice and overstimulated til you couldn’t take it, til you were begging me to stop.”

George’s eyes roll back at the image, teeth pulling at his bottom lip as he strokes himself faster, trying to pretend it’s Dream’s hand bringing him pleasure.

George - I asked you a question.”

“Y-yes Dream - oh fuck - please I want it, I need it, need your mouth on me.”

Dragging his thumb through the precum pooling at the tip of his head, he spreads it around his dick, feels himself getting closer to release, but he knows he can’t cum yet, not until -

“Dream - Dream turn on your camera, please, let me see you, ah, wanna- I wanna look at you.”

There’s a pause before the sound of movement lights up Dream’s icon and within seconds he’s there, sitting shirtless at his desk, camera panned down to focus on his dripping length. Dream’s hand returns from somewhere off screen and slowly begins to pull at his cock again.

“Is this what you wanted, baby? Wanted to see what you do to me, how hard you make me?”

The image of Dream, flushed and panting as he strokes himself to the sight of George unraveling at the seams sends him over the edge. His hips stutter, once, twice, before he’s finally spilling into his hand, cum dripping between his fingers as he strokes himself to completion.

Slowly, he raises his hand to his mouth, wraps his tongue around each digit as he sucks himself clean of the mess he just made. Humming as he tastes himself, he watches as Dream’s hand begins to move faster, long fingers wrapped around his cock as he moans obscenely at the sight.

“Fuck George you look so beautiful like that.” Dream’s breathy voice calls out and he knows the man must be close.

Swirling his tongue around the tip of his thumb, George’s voice is a quiet murmur as he responds, “I’d look better if I was covered in your cum Dream.”

Dream throws his head back, a wanton moan spilling from his lips as his hips lift from his chair, ropes of cum shooting across his stomach. He continues stroking himself til his orgasm subsides, hand finally dropping as he leans into the back of his chair.

“So Dream,” George giggles, voice light and sedated, “do you still want me to wear the apron on stream or…”

“Oh my god you’re an idiot, can you at least let me clean myself off before talking about streaming.”

Laughing as he navigates his way to the bathroom in search of a towel to wipe himself down, George thinks maybe the apron wasn’t such a bad purchase afterall.

 

And if he posts a picture of the apron to his alt twitter for a minute before deleting it later that night, well, Dream can take the blame for that one.

Notes:

it feels so nice to be back to writing again holy shit !!!!

would very much appreciate kudos and comments if y'all enjoyed this, it really does mean the world :)

as always you can come talk to me on tumblr <3