Actions

Work Header

Shoulder

Summary:

Kaito keeps getting hurt, it's Saguru's fault even though the detective really didn't mean to cause actual harm to him.

Notes:

Written May 2 2021
Posted on Wattpad May 16 2021
Posted here July 23 2021

Work Text:

Kaito winced, a sharp pain having run through him as he shifted his shoulder. Unlike normal, his injury hadn't been Kid related at all. No, instead he'd gotten injured as himself. While it did mean that he wouldn't have to worry about hiding it, it still didn't change the fact that his shoulder really hurt.

Saguru had been pestering him about Kid, so Kaito had done the normal thing and hopped out the classroom window. It was a common thing by now and nobody really batted an eye when he did so anymore. The only difference that time was that Saguru had actually managed to grab his arm... At a bad angle. The look of shocked pain that'd flashed across Kaito's face had been enough to make the blond let go.

The magician really didn't like having his arm wrenched out of it's socket, he was just glad that he'd managed to keep silent and not alert anyone but Saguru that he'd gotten hurt. Kaito sighed gently rubbing his injured shoulder, an annoyed pout on his lips. His shoulder had just gotten better after he'd gotten shot too... Well mostly better it seems, shoulders aren't supposed to pop out that easily. He was just lucky that it'd already scarred over so no blood had been present. That would have made him look even more suspicious in the blond's eyes.

"Kuroba, I see that you are doing well" Saguru stated as he approached the other.

Kaito scowled "Are you stalking me again or something?" He was nowhere near the school, instead he was in Beika. The odds were too slim for it to have been a coincidence that they've run into each other.

Gold glanced at Kaito's injured shoulder before moving on to his face "No, you just have a habit of buying sweets when something is bothering you" It had been an easy deduction to make.

The magician bristled, indigos narrowing as he took a step back, unconsciously keeping his injured side farthest from the other "Stop being a creep, if you know that then you should know that I don't want to see your face right now" He hadn't realized that he'd had that habit, he needed to break it. Being predictable wasn't good.

Saguru sighed "You would have slammed the door in my face if I visited you at your home" The only way he'd be able to even stand a chance at talking was to catch the other by surprise.

"You're right about that" Kaito growled "Now don't follow me anymore" It wasn't like him to be like that but Kaito was in pain and didn't want to see the smug bastard's face.

The blond held his hands up placatingly "I just wanted to apologize for causing you harm" He then held out the plastic bag he'd been holding "These should help with your recovery" When Kaito didn't make a move to accept the bag Saguru sighed "Shoulder injuries aren't good for magicians, just take it"

Kaito swiftly snatched the bag with his good arm, distrust written all over his face "I wouldn't need it if someone hadn't grabbed me" It wasn't like Saguru had reacted in shock, the blond had knowingly grabbed him with the knowledge that Kaito wasn't going to die.

"I will admit that I've made a mistake" Saguru admitted "That is why I won't bother you about your shoulder while it's healing"

The magician eyed Saguru with a narrowed gaze "Well now that we've talked you should leave me alone"


Kid grumbled to himself as he made his way through the vents, stupid fake heist notices! There was the occasional dull ache in his shoulder as he moved. He wouldn't be able to use his glider to escape, at least getting the jewel hadn't been all that hard. A few balls filled with sleeping gas was all he'd needed.

The lower exits were blocked off quite well by those who hadn't been in the exhibit room so he'd been forced to climb up instead of down. That was okay though, he'd just use a line to get down. That could be done with one hand, with a bit of effort that is. Sure his good shoulder would feel a bit strained the next day but that would be fine. It was better to be uncomfortable than in jail.

He let out a relieved breath as he finally exited the vents, gently rolling his shoulder to soothe it before pulling out his grappling hook. Instead of firing it, he just detached the head and hooked it safely on one of the railings before tossing the other end over the edge. Kid winced at the small noise it'd probably made as it landed, hiding for a few moments just in case it'd caught someone's attention. Thankfully it didn't.

"I would have thought you'd be flying by now" Saguru stated as he confidently walked out onto the roof. The lack of flying only fuelled his theory about Kaito being Kid.

Kid forced his shoulders to relax as he stood up from his crouch "I wanted to try something new today" He replied smoothly "Though I can fly if you want me to" He gave a cocky bow.

Gold narrowed "You're not that stupid, you're shoulder wouldn't bear your weight"

The thief pursed his lips as he heard people yelling down below, so his chosen route was compromised "Ha!" Kid spun around, glancing back at the other from over his shoulder "Phantoms can't get hurt"

Saguru cursed "Wait no!" He'd underestimated the thief's resolve. By the time he reached where the other had been standing, Kid had already taken flight "That idiot..."


"I really don't like that bastard..." Kaito scowled through his pain as he tended to his strained shoulder. Saguru was just too nosy and smart, why couldn't the jerk have given him a break just this once? Now he'd have to make up an excuse about him doing something stupid enough that it'd strained his shoulder.

The magician sighed, maybe he should send a note saying that he wanted a vacation? That would be reasonable right? Surely people would understand that even phantom thieves needed a break once in a while. It would make Saguru suspicious but it was by no grounds plausible proof.