Actions

Work Header

Dangerous

Chapter 19: Dangerous 2 Preview

Chapter Text

Author's Note: It's been six months since the events of Dangerous, and everything's been on the way to normal. Korra and Asami are still going strong, Bolin and Opal are working it out, Mako might have a potential girlfriend, and Kuvira is...well...Kuvira. But when Korra starts acting strange and reports of dark spirits attacking start coming up, things just might be crashing down for the new Team Avatar.

This was the unofficial summary, it kind of sucks. I changed it (of course) in the final work.

...

~No POV~

Sounds of labored breathing and grunting were coming from behind the gym doors. Heavy blows landed on dense material. It was early in the morning, the sun just starting to climb into the sky. Inside the gym Korra was practicing with a punching bag, her hair clinging to her forehead and sweat developing on the back of her neck. Her eyes were focused on the bag before her as she struck it in the side again and brought her arms in front of her as if she were blocking herself from someone. She turned on her toes and lifted her left leg up, connecting her heel with the bag. She flinched inwardly at the feeling of needles being stuck in her chest and dropped her leg. She sighed heavily and took a seat on the nearby bench, grabbing her water bottle and taking a drink from it.

"Almost..." she muttered. "But not yet..."

After being bedridden for three months, Korra was finally well enough to at least practice getting back into action as she had been doing for the rest of the past three months. Being half wolf, her injuries fixed themselves rather quickly. Not as quickly as she would have liked, but her injuries were very serious. There were instances where she could still feel the electricity covering her body and the claw slowly crushing her. She shuddered slightly and closed her eyes. She found it hard to believe that only six months had passed since everything had happened.

Her ears twitched, picking up the sound of footsteps on the other side of the door. Korra smiled to herself, already aware of who it was. The door slid open and the footsteps continued until they stopped in front of her.

"Figures." a mocking tone said, giggling. "Can't take a break, can you?"

"You know how much I love the thought of fighting a punching bag that can't fight back." Korra said, looking up.

Her girlfriend, Asami Sato, stood before her with a grin on her face. She stood up and placed her hand at Asami's waist, pulling her close to kiss her. Asami placed her arms around Korra's neck and kissed her back.

"Tenzin did say you had to take it easy." she said after a minute. "Why do you think he hasn't let you do any sparring practices?"

"I'm not in as bad of shape as I was six months ago." Korra said. "I have all my bending back and I've even somewhat mastered air."

"Have you tried going into your wolf form?" Asami asked.

"No, Tenzin wants me to wait a little longer before I do." Korra said.

"At least you're listening to him." Asami said.

"Yeah, yeah, how rare is that?" Korra said jokingly.

Asami took a few seconds to fully assess Korra. With just her arms around her neck she could feel that Korra was getting physically stronger again, but there were still the little things. The way Korra's breathing seemed to falter at times because it hurt to take deep breaths, the way Korra moved her arm sometimes, and the scars from the electricity going over her shoulder and around her torso below her chest. Asami instinctively ran her hand along Korra's shoulder thoughtfully, her touch light. Korra stared at her with watchful eyes, Asami's touch raising goosebumps.

"What's the matter?" she asked.

Asami's hand continued downward to under the wraps concealing Korra's breasts and trailed along the edge where the rest of her scar was sticking out. "Nothing...I just..." She trailed off and looked Korra in the eyes. "I'm..."

"Hey," Korra's voice came to her soothingly. "It's alright. Everything is behind us now."

"Still, it hurts to think that my father did this to you." Asami said, biting her lip.

Korra frowned and leaned forward, kissing Asami tenderly. Asami sighed, giving in to the distraction. Her spirits lifted almost immediately and she was thankful for her thoughts going to much happier places. She felt better in Korra's embrace, to know that Korra was still there to do so. Her heart skipped when Korra nipped at her lower lip playfully and she pulled back.

"Don't do something you're going to regret, Avatar." she said teasingly, though she tried to make her voice threatening.

Korra wasn't phased. She pulled her closer by her waist and smirked. "Who said I was going to regret it?" There was a challenging but playful growl hidden in her tone and Asami felt the threat of fire smoldering in the pit of her stomach. A blushed formed across her cheeks and Korra laughed.

"I don't think Tenzin would mind if we used one of the bench presses." she said.

Asami shoved her back slightly by her chest with caution as to not to hurt her, flustering deeper. "Oh, shut up." she muttered.

"I'm only kidding." Korra said, still laughing. "You'd destroy me in this state."

"So I take it we should wait for you guys outside?" A new voice said.

The couple looked up, finding Kuvira, Bolin and Mako standing in the there.

"Would it kill you to keep your mouth shut for two minutes?" Asami said with a roll of her eyes.

"And miss out on making fun of you two?" Kuvira said. "Don't even joke like that!"

"Aw, come on, Kuv." Bolin said, smiling. "Leave 'em alone."

"Not that I'm not happy to see you guys, but what are you doing here?" Korra said as she grabbed her shirt from the bench.

"It's your first day back to school." Mako said. "We figured we could all go together."

"Yeah, about that..." Korra said, averting her gaze to the floor. "I think I'm gonna skip school today."

"What?" Asami asked. "Why?"

Korra shrugged, putting her hand behind her head. "I...I don't know. Now that everyone knows I'm the Avatar and part wolf, I don't want to go there and have them look at, think of, or treat me any different."

The four friends glanced at each other. They could understand Korra's discomfort with returning to the outside world after being "exposed", but they didn't want that to interfere with Korra trying to return to having a somewhat normal life.

"Korra, just because people knew who you are now, that won't change you as a person." Asami said.

"Besides," Kuvira said, throwing her fist into the palm of her hand. "If anyone tries to pull anything, they'll have to answer to us."

"Yeah, you know we always got your back." Mako said.

"Thanks, guys, but I just don't think it's time." Korra said.

"Come on, Korra!" Bolin said in a high pitched voice as he took Pabu from his shoulder. "School just won't be the same without you, we'll miss you!"

Korra laughed. "Alright, Pabu." she said. "I'll go to school." She pulled her shirt over her head and growled in discomfort. There was a sharp pain in her arm and shoulder. Asami carefully grabbed the edge of the shirt and and helped her finish putting it on. "Thanks."

"No problem." Asami said.

"Wow, 'Sami, never thought I'd see you putting clothes on her." Kuvira said.

Asami gritted her teeth and Korra stifled a laugh. She looked behind her at the clock. "I think I'll go to my room and just clean up a bit. There's no time for an actual shower."

"Go ahead, we'll for you outside." Mako said as he started out the door.

"Or would you prefer to join her, Asami?" Kuvira said.

"You know what, Kuvira!" Asami said as she followed them out.

Korra shook her head and laughed she followed them out herself, shutting the gym door behind her.

...

Author's Note: And that's a preview of half of chapter 1! It starts out third person, but the rest will be in Korra and Asami's POV.

Hope you enjoyed!