Actions

Work Header

PAPER X HEARTS

Chapter 2: 'Someone Has To'

Summary:

I RLLY HOPE Y'ALL AREN'T LACTOSE INTOLERANT BC THIS IS CHEESE AF MSORRY

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

“Jimin, punch me in the face”

“No”

“You hate me.” Taehyung whined as he flopped down face-first into the couch which was currently occupied by a glasses clad, tea holding Jimin and his small army of textbooks.

“Yah! Tea! Hot Tae! Wait- Fuck-” Jimin yelled, quickly sitting up to avoid the feet that were aimed for a place resting in his lap,

“So you don’t deny it?” Taehyung turned his head to glare at his roommate, his cheek squashed into the couch.

Yes, I hate you. That’s why I went out of my way to buy you hotteok from a street vendor this morning and I’m going to eat it if you don’t start taking your stupid shoes off at the god diddly darn door!” Again, Taehyung willed away the sound of angels singing or the thought of an ethereal light forming around Jimin’s small body

“Stop looking at me like that or I really will punch you, I’ll punch you in the knee-cap. I don’t even care”

“Ooh, savage. Anyway, thanks Jimothy! You’re the bestest” Taehyung quickly sat up and made a beeline for the kitchen, his stomach still craving hotteok from the previous day.

Best,” Jimin corrected.

“So, funny story. Hilarious actually. Jeongguk, you know our pal Guk, right?” Taehyung babbled while breaking apart pieces of hotteok with his fingers and eating them.

“Where are you going with this?” Jimin raised his eyebrows at Taehyung who had joined him back on the couch. Of course he knew Jeongguk; he had been the bane of Taehyung’s existence since before Taehyung even knew what that sentence meant, ultimately, making him the bane of Jimin’s existence too.

“He’s coming over… Tonight” Jimin’s eyebrows furrowed, silently telling his best friend to explain himself.

“I did a… favor for him. In return, he agreed to tutor me; free of charge too” by now Taehyung was shuffling around, cleaning the apartment in an attempt to rid himself of Jimin’s questioning gaze.

“Did you suck his dick? Because if so, Kim Taehyung I swear to G-”

“Oh God no, Jimin! Get your head outta your ass” Taehyung continued rearranging their anime cabinet, focusing on keeping his back to the elder so he wouldn’t detect the blush that was creeping up his face.

“Then what? I know that assbrick. He wouldn’t have just suddenly had a change of heart” Jimin let out a small huff of laughter at the thought of Jeongguk being nice to someone for a reason other than his own personal gain; a situation like that was just too unbelievable.

“Well, we found ourselves in a strange situation, you see. I had to be his boyfriend, his mother’s haircut makes her look at least ten years younger but it’s strange because on anyone else it’d look like a dead cat on their head and yeah he agreed to teach me English. Oh! I also got Peaches on Neko Atsume…Did I leave anything out?”

You what?! You and Jeongguk… Are?” Taehyung tapped his index finger against the base of Jimins chin, closing the boy’s agape mouth.

“Still enemies. He’s just gonna tutor me a little, I’ll go play house with him on Wednesday and then things will be back to being shitty as normal”

“Taehyung, why do you do this to yourself? And! What the heck did you leave in your yard to lure Peaches?! I’ve been trying for a goddamn month!”

“I don’t know, Jiminnie. Maybe I subconsciously like challenging myself? And she isn’t fussy when it comes to goodies. Everyone knows this. Try using the cat pancake”

“Thanks bro”

“Anytime bro”

They were all too soon bought out of their moment by a harsh knocking at the door, Taehyung immediately straightened his back, biting at his bottom lip,

“Well, you kiddies have fun now. Hoseokie hyung wants me to help out with his dance class tonight,”

“Jim-bob, what if he murders me?” Jimin sighed and tried to shake off the hand that holding onto his sweater sleeve.

“You’d have a funeral… And I’d probably save a few dollars every week because I wouldn’t have to constantly buy you banana milk” Jimin smiled innocently, causing Taehyung to playfully punch the elder on the shoulder,

“Look, if he gives you the crazy eyes- I’m only a call away. I’ll pull out my secret move, yeah?”

“Yeah, alright, you’ll punch him in the knee-caps, got it. Now get out of here before Hoseok calls” Jimin clicked his tongue, the final part of their trio was indeed a worrywart. If Jimin were even five minutes late he knew the older would assume the worst-case scenario.

“Alright, I’m off. I’ll pick up some pizza on my way home” The shorter male shouted back as he picked up his keys and opened the door to Jeongguk who had now taken a seat on the ground and was scrolling through his twitter feed.

“Took you long enough. What, did you have to tuck him into bed before you left?” Jimin shrugged. Yeah, he did baby his best friend, and there was no denying that.

“Someone has to, why? Are you jealous, Jeon?” Jimin scoffed making his way down the hall before the younger could make his comeback.

Tch. As if” Jeongguk picked up his stack of books and fixed his bag on his back before showing himself inside and shutting the door behind him; shutting out the less than pleasing thought of tucking a sleepy Taehyung with rosy cheeks and pouty lips into his bed- what the fuck, Jeon?

“Honey, I’m home!” he cooed, snaking a teasing hand around Taehyung’s slim hips to which the elder turned around and hit him with the book he was holding.

“Don’t get handsy with me, mister” Taehyung shot him a pointed look, making his way toward the small table in the living room.

“What should we start with?” he continued, taking a seat and shoving the one next to him with his elbow, showing Jeongguk where to sit.

“I’m thinking the alphabet, unless you’ve given up your ambitions of learning English in which case, we start by me going home”

“Alphabet it is!” The brunette chirped excitedly taking one of Jeongguk’s books and flipping to the first page,

“I know this will most likely be a negative but how much, if any, do you remember from high school?” Jeongguk mumbled, removing his laptop from its protective case and setting it on the table.

“Oh- Uhm...” Taehyung was about to reply with ‘close to nothing’ before he was interrupted by Jeongguk’s phone flashing with a text from his brother.

 

Shoulders Hyung- 5:26pm

Jeon Jeongguk! Why didn’t u tell ur handsome hyung that u r in a relationship??? >:( I’ll come ova there and slap the McShit outta u son! Give me the deets!!

 

Shoulders Hyung- 5:26pm

Also Joonie says hello~ :)

 

Shoulders Hyung- 5:34pm

Kid, I kno u r reading these. Ur phone is always in ur hand :((((( don’t make me call u bc I will.

Golden AF- 5:35pm

I’m busy.

Jeongguk slammed the phone screen-down on the table to avoid any more disruptions from his brother, facing Taehyung with a frown. God, the only thing he hated more than Taehyung was being disrupted,

“As you were sayi-”

 

PRINCESS_PREACH92 HAS SNAPCHATTED YOU!

KIM SEOKJIN HAS POSTED ON YOUR WALL.

DIRECT MESSAGE FROM MARIOSBF.

KIM SEOKJIN HAS POKED YOU.

NEW EMAIL FROM: KIMJIN @ HOTMAIL.COM.AU

TWITTER: ‘@ JEON_CENA ANSWER ME U LIL BINCH’

MARIOSBF HAS MENTIONED YOU IN A POST.


Message after message appeared on the screen and Jeongguk contemplated what would finish his phone quicker; throwing it out of the kitchen window or flushing it down Taehyung’s toilet. The window is closer…

He arose from his spot at the table, ready to throw, when he recalled the phone having a ‘power off’ feature. Jeongguk let out a nervous giggle to himself until the mobile began vibrating; ringing loudly in his ears as Seokjin’s caller ID appeared on his screen. He hastily switched off the device and slammed it back on the table- beginning to seethe,

Seokjin was being unreasonable. The elder practically thrived off of gossip. Bickering about anything and everything, ranging from Youngmi’s butt not fitting into those jeans correctly to Mcdonald’s not making nuggets like they used to. Luckily, Seokjin had settled down with a mellow guy- Namjoon hyung. Namjoon was kind and used philosophical words Jeongguk didn’t always completely understand but would nod along to anyway. His chilled out persona usually evened out Seokjin’s, making the eldest male easier to deal with. Today, however; no such luck.

Within three minutes Seokjin had realized Jeongguk’s phone had been switched off and had executed part two of his grand plan,

 

Skype: Seokjin&Tonic is calling you!

 

Taehyung watched on as Jeongguk raked his fingers through his hair, harshly tugging on the onyx strands. He sure was getting annoyed by the constant notifications on not only his phone but now his laptop too?! The brunette thought mischievously with a shit-eating grin. I like Seokjin already.

“Answer him, dick breath. The guy obviously wants to talk” Taehyung shoved Jeongguk’s knee with his own and furrowed his eyebrows at the younger,

“You don’t get it, wank stain. This guy is my brother- he’s gonna have so many fucking questions and I’m not in the goddamn mood. Not now, not ever” Jeongguk flipped the younger off and went to reject the call, failing to stop Taehyung’s hand from flying across the mouse pad and clicking ‘accept’. The elder sat back in his chair with his tongue poked out to which Jeongguk muttered his umpteenth insult in the time frame of 1.9 seconds before looking up and smiling brightly into the webcam

“Hey, hyungie” the exchange made Taehyung giggle from his spot off camera. The raven haired male’s personality just did a complete one-eighty and the sudden contrast really was spectacular.

“Jeon Jeongguk, I am so disappointed in you! Why did you not notify me earlier that you were in a relationship?!”

“I- You see- It’s…”

“It’s not good enough, that’s what it is, Jeon Jeonggu- wait Joon! You can’t put that bowl in the microwave, its metal you damn manchild!” Seokjin rubbed his temples before exhaling and looking back at his younger brother through the screen of his computer.

“Mother said he was lovely, very good looking too, Guk. I’m happy for you” he said with an earnest smile and Taehyung pretended he didn’t just see the man flinch as a loud ‘bang!’ was heard in the background, accompanied by a deep groan and what sounded like a mumbled ‘my lasagna…’

“He-He’s okay… I guess” Jeongguk said awkwardly, trying very hard not to stroke his supposed boyfriend’s ego,

“Don’t be modest! If you’ve found a keeper; flaunt him! Gosh! I wanna know all of the details- tell me everything you love about him, all of his qualities! The things that really make your heart skip beats” Jeongguk swallowed.

“Gukie, I can’t wait to meet him- fuck, really? Ok, hang on. Sorry Jeongguk ah, Joonie thinks he singed his left eyebrow off again. I’ll call you back?” and with that he held up a peace sign and ended the call,

“Again?” Taehyung turned to the younger with wide eyes, unconsciously patting his eyebrows and thanking his lucky stars that they were, in fact, still on his face.

“Namjoon hyung is… Destructive for lack of a better word. Nice guy though,” Jeongguk snickered at the memory of the first time he lost his dear leftie; lighting candles in the bedroom, you know, to set the mood and all. Let’s just say, Namjoon with only one eyebrow did not put Seokjin in the mood.

I’m lovely, very good looking too. Oh! how lucky you are to have me as a boyfriend” Taehyung cooed, twirling a strand of teal green hair between his slim fingers.

“Get fucked” the younger scoffed and smacked his head on the table. Well that could have gone worse… Jeongguk thought. He just has to be thankful for the small things. Like Namjoon being a complete doop and accidentally singeing off his left eyebrow… Again.

“Okay, Kim. Let’s get our story straight so we don’t get caught off guard next time” he turned in his chair to face Taehyung fully, who in return gave him a firm nod,

“We met online” the younger started

“Pfft, I ain’t no tinder surprise… We met in a café. When ‘caramel macchiato’ was called out, we both stepped foreword to grab it- as we had both ordered the same thing. You thought I was cute so you let me have it,”

“It was obviously mine.” Taehyung just rolled his eyes at the younger, theoretically, you asshole.

The brunette bit back an insult and instead motioned his hands for Jeongguk to continue the story. Some things just aren’t worth fighting about. This thought in itself made Taehyung’s eyes widen in realization. Did the Kim Taehyung just refuse the opportunity to fight Jeon goddamn Jeongguk?! Taehyung didn’t know why, he didn’t know what was going on but he did know one thing; he didn’t like it.

“We’ve been dating for about 3 months, give or take”

“Open relationship?”

“No”

“Are we physical?”

“Yes” Taehyung blushed slightly,

“H-Have we…”

“I doubt they’re going to ask- ok scratch that. No, we have not. I’m an innocent child of the lord in the eyes of my father and it’s staying that way” The mere thought of a pure Jeongguk made Taehyung scrunch his nose in annoyance; everyone knew about this guy’s track record, with guys and girls alike- he probably invented the root and boot.

Taehyung saw a look of constipation mixed with something akin to anxiety dance across the youngers’ features, noting the way he sucked on his bottom lip, he deduced that this was his thinking face, on anyone else he would have found it kind of endearing but seeing Jeongguk wear the expression just made Taehyung’s skin crawl. He decided to help the kid out to remove it as quickly as possible. They also still had to finish the tutoring session.

“Alright, Jeon. As much as I do not care; we need to know the basics about one another so we don’t come across as complete strangers” Jeongguk raised his eyebrows and shrugged, accompanied by a small nod, at least the elder was being helpful.

“Not bad. Twenty One questions?”

“You’re on”

 

 

“Milk goes into the tea when?”

“Teabag, sugar, hot water, milk. Don’t fuck with the system” Jeongguk replied smugly to which Taehyung sighed.

Oh thank fuck. I thought I was going to have to fake-dump your ass,” He giggled reassuringly as Jeongguk took his time thinking of the next question.

In the time span of one hour, Seokjin had failed to call back but Taehyung had learnt many new things about his arch nemesis;

Unlike himself, Jeongguk preferred the cold weather because he could wear beanies, drape himself in fluffy blankets and snuggle- to which Taehyung teased him about not seeming like a snuggler, causing Jeongguk to mumble a small ‘shut the fuck up’.

He has to take over his father’s position as CEO of Jeon Corp when the time arose, much to the raven-haired male’s dismay. Taehyung watched the spark flit across his eyes as he told the elder of his desire for dancing and simply moving his body to a rhythm, how when he was younger he aspired to open his own institute of dance. Taehyung’s grandmother had always said that one becomes almost a hundred times more beautiful whilst talking about something one is truly passionate about; once again, she wasn’t wrong.

He learnt that Jeongguk likes showering with the water too hot, his favourite colour is red, he has a habit of mumbling while he reads, sucking his bottom lip when he’s nervous, he dislikes children and his guilty pleasure was watching late night Sex & the City re-runs with Yoongi as they hotboxed the latters bedroom.

“Cats or dogs?” Jeongguk finally spat, clicking his fingers

“Dogs, obviously. Cats don’t give love back, they’re all assholes”

YOU’RE PATTING THEM WRONG!!!! It’s not the cats! It’s you!! You filthy dog people are all the fucking same. Cats have so much love to give, if you’re not receiving any; you’re doing something wrong.” Jeongguk finished his rant by fetching a picture of a small black and white kitten on his phone and held it out to Taehyung,

“Okay, look at this and try telling me its not fucking adorable” Taehyung’s eyes ran over the picture, taking in the big, round yellow eyes- they weren’t sharp and calculating like most cats he had experienced, rather doe-like.

“I guess it’s pretty cute. Yours?” A small bunny-like smile crept onto Jeongguk’s face at hearing this. He nodded his head fondly,

“Her name is Spooky. I got her after coming back from America… She stays with my parents now though, can’t stand Yoongi for some reason”

In the time span of one hour, Seokjin had failed to call back but Jeongguk had learnt many new things about his arch nemesis;

Taehyung still cries in every sad movie he watches, children’s films never failing in reducing him to a pool of tears on Jimin’s lap. ‘I cried three consecutive times in Big Hero 6. Shout out to Tadashi Hamada for breaking my heart’ ‘You’re such a baby.’

Taehyung had lived with his grandma on her strawberry farm from the small age of eight months old due to his parents not being financially stable enough to support him. His grandma, however, had died in his last year of high school, causing him to move in with Jimin until the pair were accepted into the universities dorms. He now pays off his tuition and rent with the money he receives from his job at a quaint café just five minutes off campus.

The brunette thinks old people are adorable. He once drunkenly passed out in the bathtub with a slice of pizza in hand (which he ate when jimin tried to take it away from him the following morning) He never skips the crossword in the daily newspaper, has an irrational fear of storms, the time 12am and losing teeth. He collects key chains, has scarily good hands when it comes to knitting, his bedroom houses twenty three candles in total and he’ll stop listening to Party in the U.S.A when it stops being a jam (so never).

Jeongguk’s lips turn upwards when he thinks about his new revelations, never had he taken the time to get to know Taehyung, perhaps if he had; he would have discovered that he was kinda okay… verging on interesting. They could have been friends.

"’The Dress’ was white and gold.”

Ok. Fuck that.

“You’re officially insufferable! The Dress was black and blue you goddamn douche canoe” Taehyung narrowed his eyes at the dark haired male in retaliation, throwing an eraser at the latters head,

“Fight me”

“Right here?”

“Right now.”

 

 

 

 

“Jiminnie~ wait for me to finish up here and I’ll walk you home,” Hoseok cooed as Jimin slung the strap of his duffle bag over his shoulder, quickly shaking his head with his usual gummy smile on his face.

“No, hyung. Its okay, really! You live in the opposite direction and I have to rush off anyway- I have a hungry Tae awaiting pizza back at home” Hoseok nodded his head accompanied by a hum as he rolled his aux chord, saluting Jimin and moving back to his bag.

Jimin took his leave, quietly slipping out of the dance studio and heading toward the pizzeria on campus. The cold, early night air felt amazing dancing across Jimin’s heated skin, he’d always liked the feeling of breeze against his body after a work out. If he weren’t in a rush he would stop and take a seat, admiring the beauty of the arts department- which evidently felt like a second home to him now, considering how much time he spent there and how the array of trees and surrounding benches had a calming effect on him.

The buzz of a notification on the short male’s phone reminded him of his roommate and the predicament to which he had left him in; alone with the enemy. He wasn’t kidding, Taehyung surely knew that, all he had to do was call and Jimin would be home, ready to pull out his secret move.

“Seriously, what would you do without me, Kim Taeh- Oh shit! I’m so sorry!” It all happened so fast, one second; the tips of his fingers were brushing against the surface of his phone as he fished around for it in his bag, the next; he’s being harshly shoved to the ground and the echoing sound of plastic cracking filled his ears, along with the sound of someone’s possessions thudding on the ground as they fell.

“Fuck, J-… Kid, watch where you’re going.” Jimin looked up to see a small-ish man, taller than jimin himself, however that wasn’t hard to achieve. His voice was deep but somewhat held a velvety quality to it, his hair glowed mint green in the low moonlight and although he wore a grumpy expression, jimin thought he was cute. He looked stern, folding his arms- trying to appear scary, Jimin would have believed him too, had he not heard the man mumble a small, barely audible ‘What if you hurt yourself…’

“I’m so sorry, I wasn’t thinking, I should have been more alert, this is all my fault- sorry. Oh man…your stuff- fuck sorry-” Jimin quickly scrambled to pick up the box the taller had dropped, a few vinyl records still sitting smugly in the bottom, the rest either thrown across the courtyard or in pieces around the two males.

“Chill. Its okay… they were oldies anyway. Life goes on” Jimin’s bottom lip started trembling at the man’s kindness. Of course Jimin would fuck up in front of what happens to be the most insanely hot guy he’d ever taken pleasure in laying his eyes on. He ignored the hand offered to him by the stranger in favour of picking up the fallen items, to which the man simply sighed and knelt to his level, he began to put his records back into the box.

“I-I’m Jimin by the way… Park J-Jimin. Dance major” The smaller started, a small blush creeping onto his cheeks, God. At least the other didn’t pick up on his stuttering, either that or he didn’t say anything.

“Min Yoongi, Musicology major” Jimin nodded, that would explain the abundance of records. Looking through some of the tattered casings, he could make out some records belonging to music legends, ranging from an early record from David Bowie to The Beatles, even a Red Hot Chili Peppers vinyl, with many others in between, a lot Jimin hadn’t even heard of.

“You have a pretty epic music taste, Yoongi-ssi” Jimin said fondly stroking a Nirvana cover as Yoongi threw a broken ABBA record into the box.

“Thanks, I guess.” An awkward pause hung between them.

“Hey, Jimin. Call me hyung. I don’t like ‘Yoongi-ssi’ it makes me sound like I’ve got something shoved fair up my ass” Jimin giggled and gave a small nod.

“Why do you assume I’m younger? I could be your hyung for all we know” Jimin’s called with a lilt to his voice, giving Yoongi a playful shove with his shoulder.

“O-Oh… I… um, your cheeks… they’re chubby. So I just assumed” Jimin’s smile faltered slightly, he looked around and saw no more records so he stood, dusting his palms on his basketball shorts.

“Well, nice meeting you-”

They’re cute! Y-Your cheeks… its not an insult, its…” Yoongi’s wide eyes trailed down from Jimin’s face to the hand he had unconsciously wrapped around jimin’s wrist to stop him from leaving, he grimaced slightly and let go, completely caught off guard when jimin started giggling, all crescent eyes and crooked-toothed grins. It even bought a shy smile to Yoongi’s pale face.

“I’ll see you around, hyung?” The younger spoke happily, more of a statement than a question. He turned around before Yoongi could formulate a response and continued his trek for pizza. Leaving Yoongi alone, box in hand with one single thought:

“God, I hope so…”

 

 

As Jimin arrived back to the dorm he shut the door and turned around just in time to a see a pillow flying in his direction and duck, narrowly missing the cushion and tightening his grip on the pizza box.

“Give up”

“NEVER!”

He heard obnoxious shouts coming from the small living room; he looked to the floor to see Taehyung kicking his legs up, in an attempt to knee the boy atop of him in the back. Jeongguk had Taehyung locked between his sturdy thighs, the elders  arms tucked securely under his shins, he crossed his own arms over his chest with a smug smirk blossoming across his face.

“Jeongguk get off Taehyung, you’re going to hurt him” Jimin said as he sat at the table, opening the pizza box and taking a slice into his mouth.

Isn’t that the point?” the raven-haired male raised an eyebrow, reluctant to let his victim free,

“Okay Jim Jam! ‘Secret move’ time! Kick his ass for me!” Taehyung chanted, sticking his tongue out at Jeongguk because, he knew what was coming next.

Please,” Jimin corrected as he shoved Jeongguk’s shoulder with his socked foot, effectively pushing the younger off the brunette who pouted at his friends lack of compassion.

“I won” Taehyung chanted, awarding himself by downing a slice of pizza on top of another slice of pizza, creating a pizza sandwich.

“You have a fucking warped view of what winning looks like” Jeongguk sneered back, reaching to take the last slice of pizza. Seeing this, Taehyung grabbed it, shoving it and the slice he was already holding into his mouth simultaneously.

“Tae! I fucked up royally this evening” Jimin suddenly spoke, forgetting all about the third presence in the room. Taehyung, having a mouthful of pizza, was unable to reply so just grunted in response; urging him to continue.

“Okay so, I wasn’t looking where I was going and there was this guy, I accidentally bumped into him. And it wasn’t a cute moment like in the movies where the guy helps the girl pick up the papers either; I fucking broke half his shit. And- Fuck- Tae- I swear to God. He was the hottest guy I’ve ever seen”

“That’s impossible, I’m the hottest guy you’ve ever seen.” Taehyung scoffed, gently dabbing his mouth with a napkin as if he hadn’t just inhaled four pieces of pizza at an inhuman speed. And Jeongguk’s mother didn’t raise him a liar; it was honestly the most disgusting thing he’d seen in his entire life.

“Yeah but he’s hot in a completely different way, Jeez, the things I would let him do t-…” Jimin glared at Jeongguk, who’s presence had been forgotten by the short male up until this point.

“Yeah, let’s talk about it later. I’m off to take a shower, have fun studying kiddies,” Jeongguk didn’t bother waving goodbye. Instead, thinking about the information he now held. I can’t tell Yoongi hyung… He’s been in such a good mood lately, if he finds out Jimin’s got his eye on another guy, he’s gonna go through an emo phase again… and I can’t live through another emo Yoongi phase.

“Studying! Shit Jeongguk! You spent all of our studying time being a little bitch and I still know next to no English!”

“Next to no… meaning none?

“Yes!” Taehyung threw his hands up in exasperation, causing Jeongguk to sigh for the umpteenth time that night. He stole a quick glance at the time on Taehyung’s microwave, 8:30pm. He sighed again. Sometimes, Jeongguk hated himself for being such a nice person.

“Okay, we’ll get in a few quick hours of studying, then I’m going the fuck home” he said walking back over to the table, missing the way Taehyung’s boxy grin lit up his face, also skipping back to the table. This time Jeongguk double checked his was turned completely off, returning his laptop to its safety case and even going so far as confiscating Taehyung’s phone and turning it on silent mode.

“Okay. First thing’s first; Alphabet. I know you say you don’t remember anything but maybe my flash cards will jog your memory?” he picked up the first sheet of yellow cardboard, donned with the letter ‘F’.

“I do remember this one! It’s an F! I remember because its like a backwards version of ‘ke’ in hangul” he said excitedly, accompanied by a deep giggle.

“Nice job, loser. Lets do some more” They continued like this for a few hours, as promised. Eventually Jimin bought them out a box of pepero before going to bed, they decided to make a game out of it, every time Taehyung answered correctly; he received a pepero stick as an award, however, every time he answered incorrectly; Jeongguk ate one.

The game went on for about half an hour before Taehyung got frustrated about all of the pepero being eaten, swiftly taking them and locking himself in the bathroom, where he sat on the closed toilet lid and happily ate, ignoring Jeongguk’s insults being thrown at the closed door about him being ‘immature’.

At approximately 12:07, Taehyung’s head finally hit the coffee table they were now sitting in front of, leaning their backs on the base of the couch. The younger stifled a yawn and looked over at the brunette, noting his eyes being closed for longer than usual, he shoved the boy on the shoulder with his own, causing Taehyung to mumble a small-

“No, jimothy. Five more minutes” The side of Jeongguk’s mouth lifted up into a lazy grin, half smiling, half wanting to go to sleep himself.

He stood, walking to the table and packing up the textbooks, returning them to his bag. As he reached the door, he hesitated for a second before dropping his things and padding back over to the sleeping brunette. He placed his arms on Taehyung’s slim biceps and harshly tugged him up to a standing position, startling the elder awake.

“Oh… Gukie, its just you. Hey, do you think Namjoon is okay? Seokjin-ssi never called back…” He pouted and leaned his weight on Jeongguk’s form as his eyes began to fall to a close.

“Never mind that, which one is your room? You need to get to bed” He shook Taehyung in his grasp and Taehyung just smiled nervously, eyes still shut.

“Do you think he’ll like me? I like him already. What if he thinks I’m weird?... What if he thinks I’m not good enough for you?” Jeongguk sighed at this. Okay, couch it is then.

He not-so-gracefully let Taehyung fall backwards onto the couch, the brunette drowsily mumbling something stupid about ‘rude bunnies’ or ‘just wanting to help build the lego tower’ or something along those lines. Another thing Jeongguk learnt about Taehyung tonight- when he’s sleepy; he mumbles random, unintelligible crap he probably won’t even remember the following morning.

Looking at Taehyung, who was lying with his face squished into his folded arm, (which he was using as a makeshift pillow) he noted how his long eyelashes fanned across the tops of his cheeks, that were now turning rosy in colour and the pout on his slightly parted pink lips.

He noticed his slim shoulders shuddering and a family of goose-bumps dancing across the skin of Taehyung’s arm; quickly deducing that the older male was cold. He saw a blanket placed conveniently under the coffee table and suddenly Jimin’s words about tucking Taehyung into bed were refreshed in his mind.

Someone has to” He mumbled, draping the blanket over Taehyung. Sparing the elder another longing glance before shaking his head and storming out of Taehyung and Jimin’s shared dorm, soon turning into a sprint when he reached the buildings exit.

“You can’t catch me, gay Taehyung thoughts”

Notes:

wowowowow,, that took me ages to update!! i'm v sorry!! but hELL0 yoonmin :^)

//TBH I DON'T KNOW HOW TO TEACH ENGLISH// but when i started learning Korean, the first thing we learnt was the alphabet so i assumed it would be the same in reverse?? IDK. Anyway! this chapter is such a fucking filler i cri. i'm not particularly proud of it but heyyy,, thats life pal.

Also!! Spooky is a legit kitten that does exist!! i adopted her about a month ago and she's so h ec kING CUTE!!! so if you guys want pics, i'll happily oblige B)

aight!!! i'm going to go 2 bed now bc i may be smiling but don't be fooled, i am ded inside :]]]]]

see you guys next time!! (hopefully soon) xxx