Actions

Work Header

Preach II: The Royal Drabbles

Chapter 9: Don't Mess with Momma Bear

Notes:

I AM A HORRIBLE PERSON AND DESERVE NO MERCY FOR NOT UPDATING IN A MONTH.

i hit writers block hard while travelling the country with family and tried shaking it off with two more short fics that i wrote, but damn my brain.

I apologize once again! I love yall for all of the kudos and support though! please enjoy! :)

 

SIDE NOTE: the High King and Queen are the prince's parents (Yoongi, Namjoon, and Jungkook have all gone through the coronation ceremony, so they are all Kings now as well). Their father and mother, are thus known as the High King and Queen of the kingdom.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

 

<><><><><><><>

 

Now see, there are many things Jungkook loves about Taehyung.

 

He loves his smile. He loves his cooking. He even loves the sound of his voice as he lulls him to sleep at night when he sings.

 

But- now- definitely now is how he loves Taehyung the most.

 

The snarky, witty, and powerful Taehyung- who is, at the moment, slamming Yoongi against the wall- yeah that’s his cherry off of the top.

 

Currently, his husband is furious. Absolutely blinded by rage after figuring out that their baby boy had gone missing.

 

“How could you lose him?! I gave you guys one job! And you guys decide to blow it off for a theatre session? How could you? I trusted you!” He yells, completely incoherent to the likes around him.

 

Jungkook is pressed up against another wall in the chamber, watching amusedly as Taehyung man-handles- nobody messes with mama bear Tae- a very indifferent Yoongi, who is- at the moment- very confused.

 

“Why are you strangling me?!” He attempts to say through a flurry of coughs and slight choking.

 

“Where is my baby?!”

 

“We gave Jeonghyun and Minjae to Hobi!”

 

Taehyung releases him then, letting his feet touch the floor, his eyes flutter, “You did what?”

 

Seeing the glint in his eyes, Yoongi chooses to speak a bit more carefully, voice low, “H-hobi?”

 

Without saying another word, Taehyung throws one last glare at the older, before slamming the door on the way out.

 

Jungkook pushes himself off of the wall then, “Oh-ho-ho, you’re so dead hyung.”

 

Jimin is the one to speak this time, choosing to remain silent when his best friend was mid-rant, “Why’s he still pissed?”

 

Jungkook looks to the older, “You guys know how Hobi is with kids. Why’d you leave ‘em with him?”

 

A dark blush flourishes across the both of their faces, and Jungkook looks to them with widened eyes, “Oh god. What did you two do at that place?”

 

Yoongi remains silent at the question, face stoic as ever, but Jimin is choking on simple air, and Jungkook already knows what went down.

 

After he himself leaves with a, “Kinky bastards” muttered along with other colorful curses, he stops outside of the door for a second, thinking seriously, “Maybe I should try that with Tae sometime”. Shrugging, he heads toward where he suspects Taehyung must have gone.

 

<><><><><><><> 

 

“Where is my baby?!”

 

Jungkook walks into a similar scenario taking place in Hobi’s room- Taehyung pinning Hoseok against the wall- and gently takes a hold of his husband before peeling him off of the older.

 

“Tae- calm down for Christ’s sake!”

 

“No, let me go Gguk! Let me giv’m a piece of my mind!”

 

“Ah- fuck- Tae, stop clawing at me-” Finally managing to get his husband under control, Jungkook pushes him behind him and turns back to their friend who looks absolutely petrified.

 

Holding a hand out, Jungkook speaks calmly, “Hobi. Hyung. Just tell us where the kids are.”

 

Hoseok points a wobbly finger to the window, “T-their in the garden.”

 

A wave of relief flows through the room, and breaks off the tense atmosphere.

 

Jungkook looks back at his husband and points out, “See? That’s all it took. You heathen. You would have almost burned down the village if it came to it.”

 

Taehyung rolls his eyes, and pushes past his husband to get to the window, peeking through, “Oh look there they are.”

 

Jungkook and Hoseok join him and see Jeonghyun and Minjae playing around with their friend from the village.

 

“Let’s go.” Taehyung says, pulling Jungkook with him out of the door, face set with determination.

 

<><><><><><><> 

 

Jeonghyun doesn’t like people. He doesn’t like other children. And he certainly doesn’t like a certain Jaebum who is at the moment playing with Minjae’s hair. He doesn’t like this Jaebum kid at all.

 

“Hey guys, let’s play King and Queen!” The child suggests brightly. And Jeonghyun feels the need to scoff loudly because what a stupid suggestion. That’s such a dumb game, who would want to pla-

 

“Oh my God! I love that game!” Minjae squeals and jumps up from where he was sitting and playing with a bunny on the ground (Jeonghyun wishes he were that bunny), turning around to help Jaebum up.

 

“Okay, so I can be the King.” Jaebum suggests -Jeonghyun thinks otherwise-, “And Jaejae can be the Queen, and-”

 

“Or-” Jeonghyun interrupts, pointing at Jaebum, “You can be the slave, and I can be the King-”

 

Jaebum scrunches up his face at that, “No, I want to be the King.”

 

“Well too bad-”

 

“That’s not fai-”

 

Minjae holds a hand up, “Can I be the King, guys?”

 

Both boys look to the oldest, “Stay out of this Minjae.” And Minjae can only pout, but not really care, because that cute little bunny’s come back and it looks so fluffy.

 

Jaebum and Jeonghyun are facing one another with heated gazes, and Jeonghyun wants to pummel this guy into the ground for good.

 

Jaebum tries to reason with his friend, “Why can’t you be the knight for once? You’re always the King.”

 

Jeonghyun looks at him as if that were the most obvious answer ever, “Because I’m cooler than you.”

 

Minjae hears this and gasps, shoving at Jeonghyun from behind, “You’re such a meanie, Jeonghyunnie. Why don’t you give Jaebum a chance?”

 

Jeonghyun’s jaw drops, “But-”

 

“No buts. Jaebum is going to be King this turn.”

 

Jeonghyun groans, and sees Jaebum smirk, but doesn’t say anything against it. The last thing he wants is for Minjae to be mad at him, ‘cause that would mean Jaebum really did win this underlying fight of theirs.

 

By the rules of the game, the King and Queen are supposed to get married and the Knight is to do whatever it takes to protect the both of them.

 

“Oh, look up there, loyal knight. It is a mighty dragon that heads our way. Kill it and save us!” Jaebum rambles out, to which Jeonghyun unenthusiastically swings an invisible sword around screaming (whispering), “Die, stupid dragon. Die.”

 

Jaebum frowns at that- apparently the mighty King is upset with his protector- and says, “Well, if you’re done so quick with the saving part, let the marriage carry on!”

 

Jeonghyun panics at that, and watches as Jaebum turns Minjae to face him, holding him in place to place a kiss on his-

 

“What are you doing?” Minjae asks when he sees Jaebum’s face approaching his.

 

Jaebum stops and stares at him, “Um, kissing you?”

 

Minjae’s eyes widen at that and he pushes Jaebum off, “Why were you going to kiss me?”

 

“Because that’s how we’re supposed to get married.”

 

Minjae gasps and then points at Jeonghyun, “I want Jeonghyun to be the King then.”

 

Jaebum’s jaw drops at that, and fidgeting with his hair, Jeonghyun’s face turns bright red.

 

“Well what do we have here?” A voice interrupts them, and all three kids turn to face the real King and Queen.

 

“Uncle Taetae!” Minjae screams before launching himself into Taehyung’s spread arms, “Minjae!” Jeonghyun tries to tone down his burning face when his dad approaches him. Jungkook bends down to eye level with his kid and fist pumps him, “What’s up kiddo.” He says, not waiting for a reply before he flings his son onto his shoulder, bouncing him around.

 

“Dad! Knock it off! You’re embarrassing me!”

 

Jungkook scoffs, putting him back on his own two feet, “How could you? After everything we’ve been through?”

 

Jeonghyun winks at him, and whispers, “Don’t worry dad. I won’t tell momma about that time you stole his clothes when he was in the lake.”

 

Jungkook looks at his son with wide eyes, “But I don’t know. Maybe I will. Depends on whether or not you’ll give me your sweets at supper tonight.” and Jeonghyun’s got a sly smirk on his face.

 

Jungkook is still staring at the kid, “I did not raise you like this.”

 

“I learnt from the best.” The younger says, looking up pointedly at his father.

 

Taehyung comes by with Minjae in his arms, “What are you guys talking about?”

 

Jungkook whips around, covering Jeonghyun from sight, slapping a hand over the kid’s mouth, “Nothing.”

 

“Sires! You are all being summoned by the High King and Queen to the family dining hall immediately.” The castle messenger’s voice booms from within the castle’s entrance.

 

Taehyung looks to Jungkook, “What do you think it’s about?”

 

Jungkook and Jeonghyun simultaneously shrug, “Don’t gotta clue.”

 

Taehyung rolls his eyes, “Oh and I wonder where he gets it from.”

 

<><><><><><><>

 

“Would you look at that, all of our sons have finally got time on their hands to join us for a family dinner.” The high queen says, stabbing her broccoli with a fork.

 

Namjoon sighs, “Mother, you know it’s not like that. We’re just busy-”

 

“That’s what you say everytime.” Seokjin says, poking at his side with a pout. Namjoon melts visibly, “Aw baby. Don’t look like that. Come here.”

 

Jimin joins in with the pity party, “Yoongi doesn’t come back to our chambers until well after sunset.”

 

Yoongi looks to him, smirking, “Yeah, but what happens afterwards totally makes up for it, sweetheart.” Jimin goes red, and Yoongi’s brothers whoop and holler.

 

The King silences them with a booming voice, slamming his hands on the dining table, “Boys, that is enough! Your children are at the table. Set an example for them.” The brothers go silent, but smile at one another knowingly.

 

Jungkook’s got a hand on Taehyung’s knee underneath the table, and Taehyung slaps it away harshly when he remembers the last time something similar went down- of course under very different situations, but still the same altogether.

 

“Don’t.” He says simply with a glare thrown at his husband. Jeonghyun is sitting beside Jungkook, and Minjae is sitting beside Yoongi and the two youngsters are playing rock-paper-scissors on who gets whos food tonight.

 

The food arrives and the drinks are served. When the adults are all done ordering their choices of beverages, the maids then get around to the children.

 

The High Queen sees Jeonghyun shaking his head at whatever the maid is trying to pour in his goblet, “What’s wrong Jeonghyun-ah? You don’t want the milk?”

 

Jeonghyun shakes his head, “Gramma, I don’t want it.”

 

Taehyung looks at his son with concern, “What’s wrong, bunny. Why don’t you want your milk?”

 

Jeonghyun looks to his parents, “You both aren’t drinking milk anymore, momma. So I don’t want any either.”

 

Jungkook’s eyes furrow, “What are you talking about kiddo?”

 

“There hasn’t been any more milk stains on your bed sheets for weeks now, dad. Don’t lie to me, I know you both don’t drink milk anymore.”

 

Jungkook and Taehyung freeze at the words.

 

Jungkook shouldn’t have fucking asked. He knew better. His son was out to get him. He was sure of it.

 

“I-um-”

 

Taehyung’s face is red hot, and his hand grabs for Jungkook’s, squeezing it until all circulation stops, and his hand almost falls numb.

 

The high queen is quick to ask what Jeonghyun is talking about, when her husband interrupts her, “Nothing! Nothing.”

 

The High King sighs deeply, pinching at the bridge of his nose. He clears his voice and sits up straighter, “I’ll solve this.” He mutters to himself, irritated.

 

Jungkook’s father glares at the both of them with disapproval and grits his teeth, “Tell your son that you guys do drink milk now, Jungkook.” The scowl being shot their way would have earned them a good week in the dungeon if not who they were.

 

Taehyung gulps and squeezes again at his husband’s hand, “Go on, honey.”

 

Jungkook turns to face his son, wondering where he had gone wrong for him to betray him like this, “Son, we- um, we started drinking milk again, and I think you should too.” Well, he’s not lying. After what happened that day, there was definitely more ‘milk’ stains everywhere- and, shit, he has to somehow get that mess of a room cleaned up before they all head on back to their chamber.

 

“Really, dad?” Jeonghyun asks, too innocent. Too, too innocent.

 

Taehyung nods vigorously, throwing a honey-sweet smile at the kid, “Yeah, Jeonghyun-ah.”

 

“Alright. Then I’ll have some milk too.”

 

The parents and grandparents and uncles and aunts and maids all sigh in relief.

 

“Oh and dad?” Smiling at his father snarkily, “You’re still giving me all of your sweets right?”

 

“You brat.”

 

<><><><><><><>

Notes:

jeonghyun is such a lovely little child, is he not, readers?

check out:

Two Hearts (But Just One Beat Baby)

http://archiveofourown.org/works/7758982/chapters/17693230

its part 3 of my series, and you might enjoy it! :3